Undersea 2/New Navy

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Jerell
Hero

Undersea 2/New Navy

Unread post by Jerell »

At the Open House last weekend I got to talk a little with Greg Diaczyk (nice guy, Rifts Lemuria author). Turns out the Manuscript for Undersea 2 was turned in about 3 years ago. He had a hard copy of the manuscript sitting out that I browsed through, it looked like some good stuff in there (info on Hawaii and New Zealand I thought I saw on top of underwater stuff), I wonder if there are plans to get the book out anytime in the far future?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Undersea 2/New Navy

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

are you sure it was undersea's 2? i know he submitted the New Navy sourcebook, but AFAIK Underseas 2 is a separate work he's still writing
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

It was one manuscript, I was under the impression that those were either of the working titles for it. I should have asked to take a pic of the cover...

Though the Deep Frontier in the latest Rifter makes me hopeful to see Undersea's 2.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The whole robotech tactics process got things a bit backlogged but stuff seems to be moving at a bit faster pace now although with the open house this month I don't expect may is likely to be very productive and the few weeks around gencon are also a bit of a dead time in the wind up to con and then recover from random inexplicable con disease phase.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The book was New Navy. And yes it looks really cool. As I understand things it may have grown out of the Underseas 2 book, but it leans heavily on the New Navy thus the title it was submitted with.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Does anyone have his contact info? Does he have a presence on this forum? Just need to touch bases with him for stuff in WB:AK.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

he has an account on the forum, but i don't know how often he comes by.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Greg Diaczyk
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Official "Wayne Smith Clone"

Unread post by Greg Diaczyk »

I am unfortunately not on as much as I would like. The real world takes its toll on my free time.... :roll:

But you can reach me through a PM or post on the forums, I do a search every once in a while to see if anything like this post pops up.

The book in question is "officially" titled New Navy, however it was originally Underseas 2 and stemmed from my original huge manuscript for Rifts Lemuria. Kevin told me to just focus on the Lemurians and save all the other great ideas for another book... which became Underseas 2, but we switched it to New Navy as it had 40% focus on the New Navy.

Plans are to get it out "soon" but with Robotech being the primary focus while Palladium has the license, things like Rifts: New Navy and my Heroes Unlimited: Hardware Unlimited Book may not be out for a while. But fear not, I continue to pester Kevin to put it on the top of the pile!
Greg Diaczyk,
"Wayne Smith Clone"
Palladium Freelance Writer and Editor

Return to “Rifts®”