seeing-eye worm?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

seeing-eye worm?

Unread post by abe »

would a blind(from birth) character use a zahmbrack worm as a seeing-eye type bio-wizard device?
would they want to though?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: seeing-eye worm?

Unread post by eliakon »

abe wrote:would a blind(from birth) character use a zahmbrack worm as a seeing-eye type bio-wizard device?

They could if they wanted.
Want to would depend on their moral views on a wide range of things though....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

what if they didn't labotomise them before they bound them to the person in question?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the splugorth seem to prefer Eye's of Eylor for such roles.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

abe wrote:would a blind(from birth) character use a zahmbrack worm as a seeing-eye type bio-wizard device?

They could just get working eyes put in, if not eyes of eyelore.

even if they are blind to a brain deficency, bio-wizardy can fix that too.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

A zembahk in a truly symbiotic relationship with a player character defintely has possibilities. I could see that as being run by two players.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

that does make a lot of sense!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

abe wrote:what if they didn't labotomise them before they bound them to the person in question?

Yeah, slavery is much better.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

wyrmraker wrote:A zembahk in a truly symbiotic relationship with a player character defintely has possibilities. I could see that as being run by two players.

God id hate to be that player ...... " so what do you do?" looks around " i guese relate our suroundings to my host..........sigh ...........guys want to play something else?"

A seeing eye attatchment would be a fine npc but I dont think many players would want to play that for any real legnth of time.
michael silverbane
D-Bee

Unread post by michael silverbane »

Zamion138 wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:A zembahk in a truly symbiotic relationship with a player character defintely has possibilities. I could see that as being run by two players.

God id hate to be that player ...... " so what do you do?" looks around " i guese relate our suroundings to my host..........sigh ...........guys want to play something else?"

A seeing eye attatchment would be a fine npc but I dont think many players would want to play that for any real legnth of time.

You could have another player play the role of the symbiote, in addition to his own character. I've often done the same thing with Intelligent weapons, non-ambulatory artificial intelligences, and similar support type characters.
It's a big world out there. Go tear it up.
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

That would be more fun for sure.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

any more thoughts on the subject?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Zamion138 wrote:God id hate to be that player ...... " so what do you do?" looks around " i guese relate our suroundings to my host..........sigh ...........guys want to play something else?"

They do have psionics and magic.

Return to “Rifts®”