Neo-Human S.Nat Transformation in SDC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Neo-Human S.Nat Transformation in SDC

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Staring another topic to not clutter up the other one running right now.

A thought ocured to me "how would the Neo-Human Supernatural Transfomation power work in an SDC setting, as if a Neo-Human had been rifted to a SDC setting?". I was wondering, since there is not any canon that directly talks about this.

Please side step the issue of the power's duration. That is a debate for the other topic.

Knee jerk reaction for me would to be to ether double or triple the char's SDC and maybe give the char a Nat. AR of like 7 or 10.
Maybe some minor Regeneration effects with the added SDC.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: Neo-Human S.Nat Transformation in SDC

Unread post by Glistam »

In an S.D.C. environment I would say it probably adds a natural A.R. of 10+1D4, and doubles S.D.C. in addition to the supernatural strength.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

I'd probably treat it similar to the N&SS body hardening Exercises (also in Rifts Japan and Rifts Conversion Book 1 in terms of MDC), either as one of the powers in question OR as a basis to work out the differences.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

ShadowLogan wrote:I'd probably treat it similar to the N&SS body hardening Exercises (also in Rifts Japan and Rifts Conversion Book 1 in terms of MDC), either as one of the powers in question OR as a basis to work out the differences.

Sooo...you are saying that the Neo-Humans will automatically have the SNT on all the time? *scratches head wondering if we are on the same page about what is being talked about*
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

No when active you get the natural armor rating and a boat load of SDC (and possibly HP).
I would, personally do this
double sdc (with a minimum of +100 sdc)
double HP
Grant an nAR equal to their PE to a maximum of 17
Energy auras, glowing blonde hair and flying rocks optional :bandit:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Easiest solution is that the power only works in a place as magically enriched as Rifts Earth :) Same with Psi-Stalker MDC transformations and Mega-Juicers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Tor wrote:Easiest solution is that the power only works in a place as magically enriched as Rifts Earth :) Same with Psi-Stalker MDC transformations and Mega-Juicers.

You got text citation to back up what you said about the PS's & M-J's?
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I meant solution as a house rule. Otherwise I think CB1 had generic notes for MDC>SDC changes.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

pst stalker MDC transformation? that's a novelty from RUE?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
ShadowLogan
Palladin

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:I'd probably treat it similar to the N&SS body hardening Exercises (also in Rifts Japan and Rifts Conversion Book 1 in terms of MDC), either as one of the powers in question OR as a basis to work out the differences.

Sooo...you are saying that the Neo-Humans will automatically have the SNT on all the time? *scratches head wondering if we are on the same page about what is being talked about*

No it would not be on all the time.

Rifts Japan allows the body hardening exercise to transform SDC &/or HP into MDC by spending PPE, much like the Neo-Human who instead uses ISP. That is the part I would look at. If no BHE fit the feel of the NHT to drop in directly for the power, then I would look at specific examples to try and work something out for a less-direct conversion.

Chi-Gung M.D. Skin BHE results in a natural AR of 18 and at least 100 SDC (per Rifts Japan pg197). I could simply say that when the NHSNT occurs this part applies instead of what is in the book when applicable when in SDC universes. Or this replaces applicable parts of NHSNT entirely, but still must be activated in the same way to receive any of the benefits since the NHSNT is closer to "Summon Inner Strength" on steroids than actual physical training.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

CB says to convert MDC into SDC (and to reduce it if it's really high MDC) so this sadly kinda nerfs the purely 1:1 SDC>MDC abilities to being pointless in non-MDC settings.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

ShadowLogan wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

No it would not be on all the time.

Rifts Japan allows the body hardening exercise to transform SDC &/or HP into MDC by spending PPE, much like the Neo-Human who instead uses ISP. That is the part I would look at. If no BHE fit the feel of the NHT to drop in directly for the power, then I would look at specific examples to try and work something out for a less-direct conversion.

Chi-Gung M.D. Skin BHE results in a natural AR of 18 and at least 100 SDC (per Rifts Japan pg197). I could simply say that when the NHSNT occurs this part applies instead of what is in the book when applicable when in SDC universes. Or this replaces applicable parts of NHSNT entirely, but still must be activated in the same way to receive any of the benefits since the NHSNT is closer to "Summon Inner Strength" on steroids than actual physical training.

ah you meant the RJapan body hardening stuff not the N&S body Hardening stuff. It was confusing cause all of the N&S Body hardening stuff (except for Chi-Gung) are like skills when giving the bonuses to SDC.

However, I was not asking "What is the NH SNT?".
I was asking about the specifics about how you would translate/convert the NH SNT bonuses to fit the SDC settings. As if a Neo-Human was rifted to one of the SDC settings.(OP updated to reflect this clarification of the question.)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

@Drewkitty
Full Disclosure I don't have easy access to N&SS, and my first statement was more gut/first place I would look toward because of Rifts Japan gives them that ability to turn SDC/HP into MDC. I do not know if N&SS had anything similar that gave them an activated "armor" off hand. But comparing the two RJ and N&SS should help in that regard.

@Tor
That is correct, but some MDC <=> SDC conversions also result in an AR (ex. Armor of Ithan, PA, 'bots, etc) being assigned or dropped, so I could see the power resulting in a natural AR instead of providing bonus SDC/HP.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

How about don't bother with a "conversion" and just multiply their HP and SDC by 100, which is what it's literally doing in Rifts?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Glistam wrote:How about don't bother with a "conversion" and just multiply their HP and SDC by 100, which is what it's literally doing in Rifts?

That would effectively turn them into a short (RT 1st ed) zentradie. :wink:
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Or someone with APS Metal?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I say just do nothing, sometimes it pays to be in certain dimensions. Let'm whine about it.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

I'd probably go with double, and wouldn't include an AR. In general, when not in a Rifts-level environment, being Supernatural isn't as big of a boon.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!

Return to “Rifts®”