Practical TW

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Practical TW

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Mack wrote:TW food dehydrator that instills the Sustain spell. Creates beef jerky that when consumed grants 12 hours of the spell's effect. Great for traveling, or standing guard.

Very cool idea. Combine it with stone to flesh idea in an earlier post and you put in rocks and get out jerky rations that provide almost all your needs even most of your sleep. I am going to use this idea for Tolkeen military rations in my campaign. Thanks.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ShadowLogan wrote:
drewkitty~..~ wrote:Through the Glass Darkly Spell invention & Modification Text if you are insistent you need a distinct spell to use rather then just making a spell like power in the item. But it is easier to contemplate if it is an amalgamated device with the energy syphon being a magic item itself that feeds the TW part of the device's power storage.
example viewtopic.php?f=8&t=131655&p=2548448&hilit=The+White+Rabbit%27s+Watch#p2548448

Bio-wizard options are basically permanently torturing a sentient being. See fairy harvest text. So it is fairly easy to see that said methods are %$^*$^$%^& EVIL!
Death option...you are continually killing things just to power your guns. Duh killing so you can kill some-more.....EVIL!

Both are Evil!

Don't have TtGD. There are already magic items that can store PPE, but very few actively renew their PPE for general use (nothing says that the PPE spent on a spell in a talisman can be retasked for general PPE). The only ones that come to mind are considered Rune Weapons.

There are TW constructs that emulate Bio-Wizard approach by locking an entity w/n. Ex. Rifts New West Pg219: "..,a tectonic entiry locked within the heart of the Glittermount and a number of secret components. Note that the tectonic entity inside the mechanical construct does not consider itself enslaved or abused and enjoys its life as part of the TW mechanical horse." So clearly TW can "imprison" an entity like Bio-Wizardry, but it is not permanent or torture IF the proper being is used. I know the Tolkeen Iron Juggernauts (SoT) are similar (though off hand I don't recall how the entities feels about it), along with the TW train in New West (if Elementals are used as opposed to demon).

While the death PPE involved killing things, yes there are types that are evil (I don't dispute that), but there are also ones that are not regarded as so by many people. The killing does not have to be for the PPE purposes either, but as a side benefit. Ex. A slaughter house could sell the PPE of animals they slaughter, either directly to mage(s) to store and use or "bottle it up" somehow. Nothing going on in the example here is evil from most people's POV.

No, the glitter mount is NOT similar to bio-wizard creations. The Being used is not changed through torturous processes into a tool, and is not in a continues stat of being tortured, and is not having it's life sucked out of it to power the magic item.

Evil is not a POV. That is like saying that "ethnic cleansing" that went on in the Balkan wars was not genocide, because the people doing it didn't see it as such. It sickens me to hear that "Evil is just a POV" Bull all over again.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

TW Oven Mitts
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

drewkitty~..~ wrote:No, the glitter mount is NOT similar to bio-wizard creations. The Being used is not changed through torturous processes into a tool, and is not in a continues stat of being tortured, and is not having it's life sucked out of it to power the magic item.

Evil is not a POV. That is like saying that "ethnic cleansing" that went on in the Balkan wars was not genocide, because the people doing it didn't see it as such. It sickens me to hear that "Evil is just a POV" Bull all over again.

Yes the Glitter Mount is similar to Bio-Wizard (along with Rune Magic) creation from a certain P.o.V in that they both use Entities in their construction beyond that yes there are major differences and I do not dispute that, but from a very narrow angle they both are similar, its those differences that set them apart otherwise it would simply be an example of Bio-Wizardry or Rune Magic instead of TWdry.

And Evil is a PoV, otherwise we wouldn't have people that do those acts in the first place because they would see them as evil and not right or get people to go along with them to the extent they do since they think they are doing "good".

That said the death PPE does not have to come from killing fellow sentients, and I never said it did, since in game terms sentients are not the only source of PPE. Nor does the death PPE release have to be from a sacrifice, it could be from natural causes (PPE is doubled at death, doesn't care if its natural or murder) or killing an animal for food (again PPE is released regardless). So that means that harvesting death PPE is not automatically evil, there are certainly ways it can be done that make it evil (I don't dispute that), but in of itself it is not evil since the PPE is released regardless of how death occurs.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

ShadowLogan wrote:
drewkitty~..~ wrote:No, the glitter mount is NOT similar to bio-wizard creations. The Being used is not changed through torturous processes into a tool, and is not in a continues stat of being tortured, and is not having it's life sucked out of it to power the magic item.

Yes the Glitter Mount is similar to Bio-Wizard (along with Rune Magic) creation from a certain P.o.V in that they both use Entities in their construction beyond that yes there are major differences and I do not dispute that, but from a very narrow angle they both are similar, its those differences that set them apart otherwise it would simply be an example of Bio-Wizardry or Rune Magic instead of TWdry.

I am going to have to say that its both. There is TW that uses living things as a component. This magic is disturbingly close to Bio-Wizardry (and Cybermancy) but it is not quite there. Sort of like how there are several kinds of 'spell magic' with some of them being closer to other forms than some others.

ShadowLogan wrote:And Evil is a PoV, otherwise we wouldn't have people that do those acts in the first place because they would see them as evil and not right or get people to go along with them to the extent they do since they think they are doing "good".

Actually to be technical, in the game there is a universal, testable, Good and Evil. They are defined, and not up to debate. Now real world morality is a completely different can of philosophical worms. But in the game (which is the topic at hand) evil is an in universe force that can be tested for.....

ShadowLogan wrote:That said the death PPE does not have to come from killing fellow sentients, and I never said it did, since in game terms sentients are not the only source of PPE. Nor does the death PPE release have to be from a sacrifice, it could be from natural causes (PPE is doubled at death, doesn't care if its natural or murder) or killing an animal for food (again PPE is released regardless). So that means that harvesting death PPE is not automatically evil, there are certainly ways it can be done that make it evil (I don't dispute that), but in of itself it is not evil since the PPE is released regardless of how death occurs.

The Hansen Memorial Slaughterhouse in TtGD is a good example of this. It harvests the PPE energy from the death of the cattle at the slaughterhouse.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Killer Cyborg wrote:TW Oven Mitts

Along with that, I'll add a TW Cooking/Crock Pot. Set a dial, and it heats the contents to the desired temp (up to boiling). No stove or campfire needed.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Mack wrote:

Along with that, I'll add a TW Cooking/Crock Pot. Set a dial, and it heats the contents to the desired temp (up to boiling). No stove or campfire needed.

You win! :ok:

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Various applications of the Fortify Against Disease spell, from administered 'booster shots' in times of plague, to special lamps around hospitals to keep health care workers and visitors from contracting and spreading disease. Combine that with various applications of the Cleanse spell to further sanitize hospitals and food processing facilities and keep the community healthy.

Apply to a larger scale, Heat/Boil Water and Purification, for sewage treatment(helps if you build your water treatment plant near or on a ley line).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Mack wrote:

You win! :ok:

And on the flip side... an Orb of Cold Beer Koozie.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
taalismn
Priest

Mack wrote:[
And on the flip side... an Orb of Cold Beer Koozie.

Why do I can a mental image of the Death Star Ice Cube Maker?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

taalismn wrote:Various applications of the Fortify Against Disease spell, from administered 'booster shots' in times of plague, to special lamps around hospitals to keep health care workers and visitors from contracting and spreading disease. Combine that with various applications of the Cleanse spell to further sanitize hospitals and food processing facilities and keep the community healthy.

Apply to a larger scale, Heat/Boil Water and Purification, for sewage treatment(helps if you build your water treatment plant near or on a ley line).

A TW in a game I was in made some field ambulances with the Bonfire of Purification and its relatives. You pulled up, stoked the fire, and everyone in the town walked through the flames, getting healed, cured, and exorcised. Mobile medical care!
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

The POV that Evil is only in the POV is a load of Bull.
While I acknowledge that there are people who have squashed their moral compass, that does not make the evil they do good. Evil is evil with no two turns about it. There is no "But...." ether. End of discussion.

eliakon wrote:I am going to have to say that its both. There is TW that uses living things as a component. This magic is disturbingly close to Bio-Wizardry (and Cybermancy) but it is not quite there. Sort of like how there are several kinds of 'spell magic' with some of them being closer to other forms than some others.

Bio-Wizardry only concerns itself with those beings that have a physical body, because that is what the magic modifies.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Mystic power converter: it takes in mystic power and converts it to mundane power. A block of twisted wires that produce DC power feeding ether directly into the power supply of a device or into DC to AC converter.
taalismn
Priest

eliakon wrote:[
A TW in a game I was in made some field ambulances with the Bonfire of Purification and its relatives. You pulled up, stoked the fire, and everyone in the town walked through the flames, getting healed, cured, and exorcised. Mobile medical care!

That's some seriously trusting villagers!
"Just walk through fire..." :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Bio-Wizardry only concerns itself with those beings that have a physical body, because that is what the magic modifies.

no, there's a few bio-wizardry devices that are entity-based now. unless you want to argue that the entity's astral body is a physical body located on the astral plane, i suppose. which i can't really disprove, tbh.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Getting back on topic:
Time Hole Cooking area (be it a pot and/or oven contents, or an entire room). Now you can literally whip up a meal in what appears to be minutes as 1 hr outside the time hole equals 6 hours inside the time hole (or 1minute = 60min/1hr). Basically that works out to having most foods fully cooked in less than a minute to the people outside the Time Hole (stiring/flipping is obviously an issue if required), and more elaborate cooking (like turkey) can be done much quicker. Not to mention baking. And if that's not fast enough for you, Time Slip Booster feature costs extra will reduce the time you spend waiting.

Time Hole Wardrobe, for those people that like to take their sweet time getting dressed/ready. Comes in Portable versions for those quick change disguise artists.

Time Hole Lavatory (comes in Toilet, Shower, Sink, or all 3 in one facility), now you don't have to rush or worry about missing your show when you go the bathroom during a commercial as you will have at least an hour to take care of business in the Time Hole.

TW Animated Snow Shovel. Less bulky than the TW Snowblower (or even a tech version), and it does the work on its own. Warning manufacture not responsible for any damage.

TW Power Shovel. For those who like to shovel (be it snow or dirt), or that require situations where the TW Animated Snow Shovel doesn't have the brains to handle the situation (ex, don't want it damage underground piping). Boosts the users strength, stamina, and speed allowing them to do the job the ordinarily would not be able to do.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Mystic power converter: it takes in mystic power and converts it to mundane power. A block of twisted wires that produce DC power feeding ether directly into the power supply of a device or into DC to AC converter.

Already exist in the Rifts MB and UE TW examples. They have the Mystic Generator that is powered by Ley Lines in both books. RMB could also adapt the TK engine to produce electricity.
taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:TW Power Shovel. For those who like to shovel (be it snow or dirt), or that require situations where the TW Animated Snow Shovel doesn't have the brains to handle the situation (ex, don't want it damage underground piping). Boosts the users strength, stamina, and speed allowing them to do the job the ordinarily would not be able to do..

The Oak Staff of Strength from Rifts England really should see more use in a variety of staffed tools; it's just so useful! 220,000 credits for supernatural strength, fatigue rate HALVED, AND bonuses to save versus magic and horror factor? I'd see it as a major industry product. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

TW-Cardio restarted. When the shock paddles are applied to the chest and the PPE is drained from the internal PPE battery cast the spell Resurrection on the target. 45% chance to bring the person/creature the paddles on applied to the chest to return from the dead. Batteries contain 1300 PPE or two chargers.

Crazy Hetz TW-oven. This SDC oven has a greater fire elemental trapped inside to cook your food. When the ovens 250SDC is depleted the elemental is released 65% chance that it attacks the oven users.

(Do not think evil is/isn't a point of view debate belongs in this thread.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Killer Cyborg wrote:One of our early Rifts adventures was tracking down the prototype for a secret TW device that had been stolen.

It turned out to be a toaster that used Time Slip and a number of other spells to always make perfect toast instantly.
You'd put the bread in, push down the thingy, and the toast would immediately pop back up, just the way you want it.

HA thats brilliant! I want one IRL!
Did it have a bagel setting? :lol:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Thinyser wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:One of our early Rifts adventures was tracking down the prototype for a secret TW device that had been stolen.

It turned out to be a toaster that used Time Slip and a number of other spells to always make perfect toast instantly.
You'd put the bread in, push down the thingy, and the toast would immediately pop back up, just the way you want it.

HA thats brilliant! I want one IRL!

The GM never really discussed it, but I suppose that it would.
:D

taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Thinyser wrote:[

The GM never really discussed it, but I suppose that it would.
:D

That's what flamethrowers are for. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

TW Muffin button.
Push the button and pay 9 PPE to get a muffin. Comes in bran muffin, blue berry muffin and banana nut muffin.

Often installed in Giant robots.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:TW Muffin button.
Push the button and pay 9 PPE to get a muffin. Comes in bran muffin, blue berry muffin and banana nut muffin.

What spells are you using to get the muffin?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:

Create tasty muffin :P
Or it could be a secrete.

Palladium books has rules for creating new spells.

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

taalismn wrote:

A variant of 'create BREAD and milk'? Muffins are a bread product after all.......

ShadowLogan
Palladin

taalismn wrote:

Just free balling it here, as the poster may not have thought of the hows but

A Primary Spell of "Create Bread & Milk" Invocation Spell from PF2E could do it. Since muffins are basically bread anyway. Nothing says the bread has to be plain, so I could see adding things to spice it up (like blue berry, banana nut, etc) by trading the milk as a result of the TWdry's device angle.

However w/n Rifts list of available spells (BoM) not entirely sure as there is no equivalent spell to my knowledge. However there are a few independent ideas:
-basically you still need to provide the raw materials, but press the button and it "bakes" the muffin using spells like Timehole (so it appears instant), create flame (for heat), telekinsis (handle the ingredients to make the batter and mix it). Maybe Instill Knowledge spell w/a copy of the recipe (written/video whatever) as a means of controlling everything so it turns out right
-Make an old one fresh is possible I would think via purify food/water (or an inversion of Spoil Food/water).
-could be done as an "illusion" for something like the product of a sustain spell.
-Could simply Teleport it from a/the bake site to your location.
Blue_Lion
Knight

ShadowLogan wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Just free balling it here, as the poster may not have thought of the hows but

A Primary Spell of "Create Bread & Milk" Invocation Spell from PF2E could do it. Since muffins are basically bread anyway. Nothing says the bread has to be plain, so I could see adding things to spice it up (like blue berry, banana nut, etc) by trading the milk as a result of the TWdry's device angle.

However w/n Rifts list of available spells (BoM) not entirely sure as there is no equivalent spell to my knowledge. However there are a few independent ideas:
-basically you still need to provide the raw materials, but press the button and it "bakes" the muffin using spells like Timehole (so it appears instant), create flame (for heat), telekinsis (handle the ingredients to make the batter and mix it). Maybe Instill Knowledge spell w/a copy of the recipe (written/video whatever) as a means of controlling everything so it turns out right
-Make an old one fresh is possible I would think via purify food/water (or an inversion of Spoil Food/water).
-could be done as an "illusion" for something like the product of a sustain spell.

There are rules in threw the looking glass for creating new spells and they are listed to be used by other games such as Rifts. Using the rules there I created the spell Create Tasty Muffin for this item.
Or you could use a spell from PF to create bread and milk or even team work with a conjure from FoM.

Sorry typeo the rules for creating new spels are in through the glass darkly PG 36-42.

taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:[

Thank you. I'll have to hit PFRPG to see if there are any other spells like that I can import/hijack for application to Rifts as part of ongoing interdimensional trade in spell knowledge(Noobie Mage: "Information wants to be FREE!" Magic Guild Enforcer: "Oh no it does NOT.").
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

@taalismn
I don't have many PF books (just the Main book, D&G, and LotD2), but yeah there are a few spells that made it into PF that would be useful in Rifts (like "Create Bread & Milk") that aren't in the list for some reason. Some people just play with a master list of spells/skills/etc from multiple lines (ex. our skill list included Rifts and 1E RT originally in the late 90s and has grown to include PF among others) and work accordingly.

IIRC there are food based spells in Ludicrous Magic from Rifter 9.5 (and IIRC Super Powers).

@Blue_Lion
Don't have the Nightbane book in question.
taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:@taalismn
I don't have many PF books (just the Main book, D&G, and LotD2), but yeah there are a few spells that made it into PF that would be useful in Rifts (like "Create Bread & Milk") that aren't in the list for some reason. .

Probably because they want to encourage the mages to go into town and interact with other people in order to get supplies, and not claim to the GM that they're on the 'bread, milk, water, and wine diet' and don't have to bother with the trouble of buying groceries. :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

apex-prey wrote:Well to go all harry potter on y'all but one of the 12 laws of magical creation states that food can not be created from nothing

Bah...Harry and co. were pikers. ANYTHING can be accomplished with enough power, and even if it can't, with enough power at your disposal, at that point you're too stoked with your own self-perceived demigodhood to either recognize it or to CARE.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
42dragon
Explorer

Unread post by 42dragon »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:That Evil is only in the POV is a load of Bull.
While I acknowledge that there are people who have squashed their moral compass, that does not make the evil they do good. Evil is evil with no two turns about it. There is no "But...." ether. End of discussion.

eliakon wrote:I am going to have to say that its both. There is TW that uses living things as a component. This magic is disturbingly close to Bio-Wizardry (and Cybermancy) but it is not quite there. Sort of like how there are several kinds of 'spell magic' with some of them being closer to other forms than some others.

Bio-Wizardry only concerns itself with those beings that have a physical body, because that is what the magic modifies.

Of course evil is a point of view. Especially when dealing with other species.

Are you evil for spraying, poisoning, or just flat out stomping ants that are entering your kitchen looking for food? You could be killing their entire colony with ant baits poison, isn't that genocide?
Is the wolf evil for stalking and killing rabbits?
Are you evil for raising animals for slaughter, to produce food for the masses?
Technically plants are living things are you evil for cutting down trees to make houses? To a Bio-Mancer you are, but not to almost all other regular humans.
taalismn
Priest

42dragon wrote:Are you evil for spraying, poisoning, or just flat out stomping ants that are entering your kitchen looking for food? You could be killing their entire colony with ant baits poison, isn't that genocide?
Is the wolf evil for stalking and killing rabbits?
Are you evil for raising animals for slaughter, to produce food for the masses?
Technically plants are living things are you evil for cutting down trees to make houses? To a Bio-Mancer you are, but not to almost all other regular humans.

Indeed. For that matter who knows what microscopic civilizations you wipe out when you use antibiotics? Admittedly, one can find, with enough trouble and expense, alternatives to the slaying of other organisms...setting up passive defenses, diverting their motion and attention, or changing your personal organism to be more naturally resistant or able to do without what the killed organisms provide you with, or you can LIMIT the carnage by trying to train the critters NOT to venture into areas where they'd have to be killed, set yourself bag limits(and use EVERY part of your prey), or destroy only in self defense.
However, short of resultant ecological collapse, or the unlikely appearance of a superior lifeform to smite you(or, as I advocate, give anti-poaching agencies helicopter gunships), the universe just doesn't seem to care what you do.

Swinging back on track, though, I'm guilty of a little munchkinism with claiming, for some of my TW creations, access to Elemental Planes where there are clearly distinct 'sentient' Elementals and more primal 'animal' types, so that utilizing one of the latter is less morally sqeecky that enslaving one of the former; like using a dog or horse instead of a human in harness.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

tw jerkey maker? (as in beef, turkey that sort of jerkey)
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Use Spinning Blades spell to give haircuts, shaves, and other (applicable) grooming chores.
taalismn
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:Use Spinning Blades spell to give haircuts, shaves, and other (applicable) grooming chores.

Or fleecing megadamage sheep-analogues.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest

ShadowLogan wrote:Use Spinning Blades spell to give haircuts, shaves, and other (applicable) grooming chores.

Could make a good lawnmower.

Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:
ShadowLogan wrote:@taalismn
I don't have many PF books (just the Main book, D&G, and LotD2), but yeah there are a few spells that made it into PF that would be useful in Rifts (like "Create Bread & Milk") that aren't in the list for some reason. .

Probably because they want to encourage the mages to go into town and interact with other people in order to get supplies, and not claim to the GM that they're on the 'bread, milk, water, and wine diet' and don't have to bother with the trouble of buying groceries. :-D

Well the sustain spell does go a step beyond just providing groceries. More likely some spells are left in just one setting to get people to buy that setting.

Blue_Lion
Knight

ShadowLogan wrote:@Blue_Lion
Don't have the Nightbane book in question.

Never said you needed it but that is how I got the spell I used.

Mlp7029
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mlp7029 »

Reduce Self - want to live on a ley line cheap? Get a ley line powered Reduce Self belt. You should need only about 1/10th the living space, food, etc you needed before. Also great for transporting large numbers of people or troops. The UWW uses this technique extensively in my campaign. All UWW marine armor can access this function indefinetily in my game.
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

A personal favorite:

TW Flying Carpet! Can be made in a variety of sizes (single person or up to a small group). Add in a variety of cloth loops that can be used for hand-holds and tie downs.

Best part is that when you arrive at your destination you don't have to worry about parking or securing the vehicle. Just roll it up and bring it with you!

(TW note... while the spells Fly and Fly like the Eagle are the obvious choices, I recommend using a combo of Winged Flight and Superhuman Strength because the gem cost is much, much less.)
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.

Return to “Rifts®”