TW crossbows

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Blue_Lion
Knight

TW crossbows

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Crazy Hetz Crossbows.

Normal Tech crossbows.

Under-barrel Crossbow.
This crossbow is designed to fit under the barrel of most energy weapons. For weapons will a rail system it can mount on the rail for weapons without the rail system this is done by clamping onto the side of the weapon. Although short range this weapon can add to the flexibility by allowing the use of many tech and TW arrows.
Range 120' damage 1d6 SDC/HP.(for standard arrow/bolt) Cost 5,000 cr. Weight 6 pounds

Fully automatic Crossbow.
This is a magazine fed fully automatic crossbow with a max rate of fire of 400 rounds per minute. The magazine holds 30 arrows/bolts, and each magazine has a weight of 20 pounds. Do to the high weight of the crossbow and any one with a PS below 18 is -2 to strike with this weapon. The weapon auto charging weapon is powered by an internal battery than can pull the string back 1000 times
Range 600' damage 2d8SD/HP (for standard arrow/bolt.) Cost 27,000 cr. Weight 14 pounds.

TW Crossbows (Note Crazy Hetz factories produce TW items at an efect level of 10 for any level based variables.)

TW Cupids Crossbow.
By spending 40PPE the next arrow/bolt fired from the crossbow will cause the creature struck if fails save vs magic to fall under a Love Charm spell (from PF) with next living creature they see being treated as the caster.
Range 600' damage 2d8SD/HP or 0 when used for shooting the Love Charm spell. Cost 220,000cr weight 12 pounds.

TW Dogs Crossbow.
By spending 25PPE the next arrow/bolt fired from the crossbow will turn the target struck if a living creature (if fails its save VS magic) into a dog as if under the affect of a Metamorphosis Animal spell.
Range 600' damage 2d8SD/HP Cost 250,000cr. Weigh 12 pounds.

TW Endless Crossbow.
This crossbow creates a wooden arrow when the string is pulled back. Charging this weapon cost 20 PPE to give it the ability to create 100 arrows on demand. Note there is not limit on how long there is between charging with PPE and when the arrow is created but the crossbow can never have a stored capacity of more than 100 arrows. ( If 99 arrows are left and you recharge it with 20PPE the number of arrows it could make would only be 100.) The The arrows are treated as wood for things weak against wood such as vampires.
Range 600' damage 2d6 SD/HP. Cost 25,000cr. Weight 12 pounds.

TW Mending Crossbow.
When an arrow/bolt is in the crossbow the wilder can channeling 10+ PPE into it upon firing. The target struck will be affected by a mend the broken spell with the amount of PPE channeled into the bow being the amount spent on the spell.
Range 600' damage 2d8 SD/HP cost 90,000cr. Weight 12 pounds.

TW shadow beast Crossbow.
When charged with 140 PPE the arrow from this crossbow summons a shadow beast like the spell of the same name upon impact. The shadow beast attacks the target struck.
Range 600' damage 2d8 SD from the arrow. Cost 190,000cr. Weight 12 pounds.

None TW magical weapons.

Pie Crossbow.
This Crossbow turns any arrow fired from it into a banana cream pie 1/10 of a second before impact. The pie does no damage but the cream will coat the struck area. This cross bow get a +2 to head shots and can be used to temporaly blind some sensors or render visors useless until cleaned.
Range 600' Damage 0 Cost 300,000. weight 10 pounds.

Ice Bolt Crossbow.
This crossbow turns any arrow or bolt fired into it into a bolt of icy cold energy that inflicts 3d6 MD.
Range 1000' damage 3d6 MD Cost 90,000cr weight 12 pounds.

Fire Bolt Crossbow.
This crossbow turns any arrow or bolt fired from it into a firy bolt that does 3d6 MD.
Range 1000' damage 3d6MD cost 90,000 weight 12 pounds.

Demon Trap Crossbows.
These crossbows where sold threw the black market under disguise as compeators weapons such as Stormspire or Mage Fire and under several names. These arrows inflict 2d6MD to non living targets however to living targets the inflict 1d4X10 MD. If a living target is killed by this crossbow it absorbs the PPE at the moment of death. (can not be stopped or redirected.) When the weapon adsorbs 600 PPE a Balrog demon appears next to firer and attacks them.
Range 600' damage 2d6 MD to non living targets and 1d4X10MD to living targets. Cost typicaly sold for 15,000-45,0000cr. Weight 9 pounds.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
taalismn
Priest

Re: TW crossbows

Unread post by taalismn »

You wouldn't happen to have seen the recent NOVA program where they tried building Leonardo Da Vinci's giant arbalest? Poor guys labored for WEEKS trying to build this massive war engine, then taking it out to a British military range to test it. Only after multiple duds and broken tension arms did they figure out that Leonardo may have meant the giant bow to be a TEST rig for studying tension, rather than an operational weapon.

Anyways, good selection of crossbows. 8) I'll be looking them over in detail to see inspiration strikes for my own forays into tension-powered projectile weaponry.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Magic Pigeon Bolts could be fun too.
Use them to carry a curse or delayed action spell.
Combine them with technology; maybe they can carry a proximity-fused cybernetic finger grenade?
For extra style points, make the firing crossbow's armatures look like bird's wings. :D
"This pigeon's got your name on it!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:Magic Pigeon Bolts could be fun too.
Use them to carry a curse or delayed action spell.
Combine them with technology; maybe they can carry a proximity-fused cybernetic finger grenade?
For extra style points, make the firing crossbow's armatures look like bird's wings. :D
"This pigeon's got your name on it!"

Problem is the rule in SoT and book of magic limiting TW grenades and arrows to spells 4th level and below.(which is why I put the spells on the crossbows.)

Although have played around with armor of ithan arrows to quickly armor people on the battle field.

Look up goblin grenades for a good starting idea. CoA arrows are fun.
Last edited by Blue_Lion on Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Blue_Lion
Knight

taalismn wrote:You wouldn't happen to have seen the recent NOVA program where they tried building Leonardo Da Vinci's giant arbalest? Poor guys labored for WEEKS trying to build this massive war engine, then taking it out to a British military range to test it. Only after multiple duds and broken tension arms did they figure out that Leonardo may have meant the giant bow to be a TEST rig for studying tension, rather than an operational weapon.

Anyways, good selection of crossbows. 8) I'll be looking them over in detail to see inspiration strikes for my own forays into tension-powered projectile weaponry.

I do not have TV so do not watch nova. I use hulu and Netflix for entertainment. lot cheaper than paying for cable.

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Blue_Lion wrote:
taalismn wrote:You wouldn't happen to have seen the recent NOVA program where they tried building Leonardo Da Vinci's giant arbalest? Poor guys labored for WEEKS trying to build this massive war engine, then taking it out to a British military range to test it. Only after multiple duds and broken tension arms did they figure out that Leonardo may have meant the giant bow to be a TEST rig for studying tension, rather than an operational weapon.

I do not have TV so do not watch nova. I use hulu and Netflix for entertainment. lot cheaper than paying for cable.

NOVA is on PBS, which should be a Free Over The Air station, so you don't need to pay cable (or other TV provider) for it specifically (though PBS would like a donation/pledge) beyond the hardware and electricity.

TW Dogs Crossbow.
By spending 25PPE the next arrow/bolt fired from the crossbow will turn the target struck if a living creature (if fails its save VS magic) into a dog as if under the affect of a Metamorphosis Animal spell.
Range 600' damage 2d8SD/HP Cost 250,000cr. Weigh 12 pounds.

What happens if you strike a dog or someone already under the spell? Just curious.

Pie Crossbow.
This Crossbow turns any arrow fired from it into a banana cream pie 1/10 of a second before impact. The pie does no damage but the cream will coat the struck area. This cross bow get a +2 to head shots and can be used to temporaly blind some sensors or render visors useless until cleaned.
Range 600' Damage 0 Cost 300,000. weight 10 pounds.

Ludicrous Magic in Techno-Wizardry! I like it!
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

IIRC, pbs streams many of its programs from its site.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."

Return to “Rifts®”