The class that got away....

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Richardson
Wanderer

The class that got away....

Unread post by Richardson »

If the rest of you are anything like me then you don't play nearly as much as you like and get ideas for new characters in hypothetical games all the time. Personally I am a mid powered guy so most of my "want to play" ideas are pretty wimpy compared to any decent PA Pilot, but I thought it would be fun to share our one character we never got to play but really looked forward to.

For me it's actually a skill-horse, the Gypsy Layer of Laws from the Mystic Russia book. He starts at 50+ years old, a minimum of level 4 as a PC (min. 6 as NPC), all Lore Skills, Mystic Herbology from the England book letting him brew potions and identify magical plants, a handful of rogue-ish tricks, 4 languages, a magical walking stick/cane, and a Gypsy Wagon complete with 2 Mega Steeds to pull it. Apparently gypsy wagons come with 4 permanent magical spell wards and 225-450 MDC, not to mention the slew of potential plot hooks from the curio of potentially important but mostly worthless knickknacks inside the darn thing. I like to imagine his crystal ball would be a blind (cataracts) Eye of Eyelor. Not only is it a mobile base but a literal plot wagon.
Eclipse
Adventurer

Re: The class that got away....

Unread post by Eclipse »

Sounds pretty cool and reasonably powerful though understated.
And if... somone whipped out a mini gun. We run and hide. lol.

Now.. some guys won't... and you can say nice things at their funeral. "He was a brave soul.... if stupid.. he didn't take cover when the guy whipped out the mini gun on us that day.. but his blood-fountaining corpse did give us a chance to sneak around and clonk the machine gunner on the head with a rock. Rest in Pieces.... Swiss Cheese Man.....

Pepsi Jedi
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I have a handful of guys who I would like to play someday, however will never likely get to...

Right now the guy who's really begging me to be played is an Ogre T-Monster Man. He would have been part of a Splugorth slaving party that specialized in catching dinosaurs for the gladiatorial games. Below is his stats. The story of a T-Man & his T-Rex.

Spoiler:
Name: Korut (Rex Sledgestone)
Race: Ogre
Level: 1

Hit Points: 30
SDC: 87 -Guess he doesn't really have SDC any more **shrugs**
MDC: 120
PPE: 136

IQ: 15
ME: 15
MA: 09
PS: 30
PP: 15
PE: 26
PB: 14
SPD: 23

Skills: *For story line purposes he was able to select a few dinosaur related skills
WP: Blunt
Gobblely: 98
Lore Monsters: 45
Lore Dinosaurs*: 45
Boxing
Wrestling
Dragoneese: 68
American: 68
Prowl: 47
Imitate Voices & Sounds: 60/50
Wilderness Survival: 45
Track and Trap Dinosaurs*: 40/50
Hunting
WP: Heavy Energy
WP: Knife
WP: Targeting
WP: Quick Draw
HTH: Assassin

WP: Whip
WP: Sword
Cook: 50/60
Stalking*
Detect Ambush: 50
Horsemanship Exotic: 40/30

Skin & Prepare Animal Hides: 40
Preserve Food: 35
Land Navigation: 40
Outdoorsmanship
Physical Labor
Forced March

Powers:
Racial: Night Vision(40 ft, Total Darkness)

Tattoos: *Note T-Monster Man activates Monster Tattoos at 1/2 price, included
Simple Weapon: Skinning Knife (2 PPE)
Magic Weapon: Hercules Club: Dripping Blood & Covered in Flames Coiled by a Serpent (25 PPE) *How does the double normal damage stack with triple damage against dinosaurs?
Animal: Skunk (10 PPE) *Used to mark locations/Targets
Animal: Buffalo (30 PPE) *Used for Dinosaur Bait
Animal: Canine: Small Dog (15 PPE) *Used as a guard dog
Monster: Tyrannosaurus Rex (50 PPE) *Signature Monster
Monster: Sarcosuchus (50 PPE) *Water Ways
Monster: Titan Raptor (40 PPE) *Tight Spaces
Monster: Leather Wing (50 PPE) *Flight
Power: Heart Pierced by Wooden Stake (15 PPE)
Power: Magic Armor (25 PPE) *Yes Invulnerability is better, but I'm on a PPE budget
Power: Chain with Broken Link (30 PPE) *Strength to Wrestle Dinosaurs
Power: Heart in Two Pieces (30 PPE) *Draining Strength of Dinosaurs
**As a runaway slave the GM has allowed 3 additional tattoos**
Power: Heart with Tiny Wings (10 PPE) *Running
Power: Shark (20 PPE) *Swimming
Power: Skull Coiled with Thorns (40 PPE) *Mostly cause I wanted to be able to heal myself!

Damage: +15
Strike: +2
Parry: +2
Dodge: +2
Save vs Coma:
Save vs Magic: +8
Save vs Poison: +6
Save vs Horror: +8
RPFI: +2
Attacks Per Melee: 4

Insanity
Obsession: Dinosaurs
Phobia: Dragons
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Unread post by Secondhand Smoke »

Shifter, Tolkeen Artifact Hunter, Kildred called Jafar Kareem-Abul with a link to a God of Magic. His bonus spells are 8 Living Fire spells (A la russian fire sorceror) and based on his behaviour, he may be granted more.

A very fierce, cruel and haughty man with his own lofty ambitions. Very sardonic and emotionally manipulative (MA of 29) His race has a natural love of magic items and the occ has a love of magic items, seemed like a very logical fit. Was a big factor in how I picked his skills. He is not evil, but is very selfish.
He does enjoy summoning, his preferred minion to summon is an Advocate. The Advocate and he have an admiration for each others methods and have their own back story of adventures/numerous artifact theft. Which includes being conmen, heists as well as Indiana Jones archeologist type expeditions.
I've got him all rolled up, skilled up, psionics picked and spells picked. Equipment picked (though this to be agreed of course) and back story all done. I've always wanted to play him but he has never fit in to the proposed games. One day it will happen!
Insert philosophical quote here
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

An Apok that has a True Atlantean lineage. Always thought he'd be a fun run.
Richardson
Wanderer

Incriptus wrote:I have a handful of guys who I would like to play someday, however will never likely get to...

Right now the guy who's really begging me to be played is an Ogre T-Monster Man. He would have been part of a Splugorth slaving party that specialized in catching dinosaurs for the gladiatorial games. Below is his stats. The story of a T-Man & his T-Rex.

This sounds like a really fun guy. I've always been fascinated by the idea of Monster Riders, but aside from one Simvan (who I also never got to play) I've never actually made one because another guy in my old group was super-robot-happy and our groups often needed one or two other characters to keep his preferred weapon/vehicle running, also affecting locations our party could travel. It's seemed pretty hard to stable any monstrous beast inside a city with tech capable of repairing a 30' robot; the locals don't like mixing the two. Carrying my mount with me via tattoo sounds like a wonderful workaround.
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

So I read the OP and looked up the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia. Holy (mega) Horse-drawn Carriage Batman!! Just how big is that frikken thing? In the first few lines of description you're already sleeping/seating 16 people. I didn't get into reading further because my mind boggled at the dimensions. Anyone know the WxLxH for one of those things?

I thought I'd like to have one for my AtB2 traveling merchant but dang. I don't know what I could use to pull the darn thing.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Richardson
Wanderer

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:So I read the OP and looked up the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia. Holy (mega) Horse-drawn Carriage Batman!! Just how big is that frikken thing? In the first few lines of description you're already sleeping/seating 16 people. I didn't get into reading further because my mind boggled at the dimensions. Anyone know the WxLxH for one of those things?

I thought I'd like to have one for my AtB2 traveling merchant but dang. I don't know what I could use to pull the darn thing.

The wagon has a full page (spread across 3 pages due to an unrelated picture) of data detailing the average amenities inside one, typical means of travel, durability, and dimensions actually. From smallest to largest L x W x H you're looking at 12'x8'x8' to 40'x20'x14'. They are usually pulled by MDC beasts or robotic horses but can also be pulled by the same means wagons today are pulled: trucks, hummers, SUVs, and semi's. Speed depends on what the wagon is hitched up to of course, but they are listed as carrying 20-40 Tons without trouble and hauling double that.

If you honestly think those numbers sound kind of large look up the real-life dimensions of an F-250 pick up truck some time, let alone the wide assortment of campers, trailers, and RV's available. I remember one time I saw an F-250 hauling 3 stacked semi's (the tractors, not the trailers) going 85mph down an Indiana highway. How much gas it was guzzling I don't want to think about, but with Supernaturally strong critters or the right heavy equipment I can easily envision the Gypsy mobile home rolling down a well-maintained road. Through the forest is another matter entirely....

http://www.ford.com/trucks/superduty/sp ... /view-all/
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Thank you Richardson. So it's probably in the range of a standard size pull behind camper trailer, with some being larger or smaller of course. Like i said, when I started reading "bunks for 6..seating/sleeping room for 6-8 on the floor, seating for 3 comfortably, sleeping for another 1 up near the roof" and that hadn't even gotten into the kitchen/bath area. my brain went. whoa!
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:

Return to “Rifts®”