Low powered juicers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Low powered juicers

Unread post by eliakon »

J.A.E.P. :P
Seriously, there is a pretty good start for the 'poor mans juicer' in the Triax book.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

The Chipwell Juicer.
Proto-Juicer
"A Juicer? Naw, he's more like a... like a... well, like something that ain't as good as a Juicer! It's like if you took him, and made three more, maybe then he'd be closer to a Juicer. He's like just a quarter juicer now."
O.J./Orange Juice (as in, they're so weak that their drugs are probably just Orange Juice and vitamins)
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

A Crazy who thinks they're a Juicer. Bam.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

eliakon wrote:J.A.E.P. :P
Seriously, there is a pretty good start for the 'poor mans juicer' in the Triax book.

JAEP is literally a low powered juicer.. they don't have nearly the same level of abilities, but they also gain a much longer lifespan and their harness is a lot less invasive.

plus JAEP can be applied to existing OCC's, it doesn't need it's own dedicated OCC.

one would expect that JAEP is a popular item for juicer wannabe's..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

eliakon wrote:J.A.E.P. :P

That would be my recommendation as well. Has some of the augmentations a juicer has but to a lesser degree and less destructive to the body of the recipient.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

There are also combat drugs in various books if you are looking for a street level juicer wanna be that give temporary boosts to put them to a low level juicer type level at huge costs of addiction and damage to the body.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

The Advanced Juicers in MiO are weaker, but live longer.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

I always forget about j.a.e.p. its wicked powerfull when combined with a combat occ or a pilot occ. Headhunter ~robo slammer with jaep is a scary thing in a decent suit. Plus you can not die 4 years later once youve made your riches and actualy retire
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Check out the Cold-Blooded in Merc Adventures. They do some of the same things that the Juicers do, but it is more of a mystic transformation
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Zamion138
Hero

The Galactus Kid wrote:Check out the Cold-Blooded in Merc Adventures. They do some of the same things that the Juicers do, but it is more of a mystic transformation

May as well go murder wraith
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Well besides being evil they're not really 'low powered' Juicers.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

They're called Squirtz... they're cool cuz the name ends with a 'z'. :fool:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Zamion138 wrote:I always forget about j.a.e.p. its wicked powerfull when combined with a combat occ or a pilot occ. Headhunter ~robo slammer with jaep is a scary thing in a decent suit. Plus you can not die 4 years later once youve made your riches and actualy retire

To be honest, the "Die after 4 years" thing isn't much of a weakness when the actual metaplot of Rifts takes place over less than a whopping 10 years. You are much more likely to die from many other reasons.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Daniel Stoker wrote:Well besides being evil they're not really 'low powered' Juicers.

Daniel Stoker

Agreed. Cold-Blooded vs. Murder Wraith are apples and oranges.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Zamion138
Hero

HWalsh wrote:
Zamion138 wrote:I always forget about j.a.e.p. its wicked powerfull when combined with a combat occ or a pilot occ. Headhunter ~robo slammer with jaep is a scary thing in a decent suit. Plus you can not die 4 years later once youve made your riches and actualy retire

To be honest, the "Die after 4 years" thing isn't much of a weakness when the actual metaplot of Rifts takes place over less than a whopping 10 years. You are much more likely to die from many other reasons.

Your looking at it from a player stance, in the eyes of the character juicer is suicide.

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:Well besides being evil they're not really 'low powered' Juicers.

Daniel Stoker

Was mostly joking murder wraith makes playing a secondary vampire look good.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Zamion138 wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

Your looking at it from a player stance, in the eyes of the character juicer is suicide.

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Well, not really, in the eyes of a character, "I'm much more likely to die from something else." Is a pretty valid viewpoint heh.

I honestly think the number of Juicers who die from the drugs is very small in rifts. Much lower than, say, "Death via M.D.C. weapon." Is.
Zamion138
Hero

HWalsh wrote:
Zamion138 wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Well, not really, in the eyes of a character, "I'm much more likely to die from something else." Is a pretty valid viewpoint heh.

I honestly think the number of Juicers who die from the drugs is very small in rifts. Much lower than, say, "Death via M.D.C. weapon." Is.

True but those drugs mmake you do some crazy crap, not to mention if your a walking dead man caution goes to the way side.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Zamion138 wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Playing a MASTER vampire is more likely to be good in comparison to a Murder Wraith, and it takes an extra-special level of evil when you start making Master Vampires look good in comparison.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.

Return to “Rifts®”