Super Powers Conversion Question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Super Powers Conversion Question

Unread post by Glistam »

Quick question: There are a couple of major super powers listed in the Conversion Book as turning the character's S.D.C. + H.P. into M.D.C. in the world of Rifts. If a character had two of those powers, would they get their S.D.C. + H.P. × 2 as M.D.C., or still just their S.D.C. + H.P.?

As an example, both the Immortality and Invulnerability major powers note that in their conversions. I'm referencing the Revised Conversion Book 1, not the original which had a different M.D.C. value for Invulnerability and no note at all for Immortality.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Super Powers Conversion Question

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

As phrased, they'd overlap, not stack.
So just SDC + HP.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Plus side, if you have a power that adds a bunch to SDC but dosn't provide a normal MDC boost on it's own, then having a "Add HP+SDC as MDC" power would mean all SDC boosting powers add to MDC even if they wouldn't by themselves.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*opens mouth to say something but sees KC &NS has said everything*
2nd's both responces
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I think Herb in Pantheons should still get the high-MDC invulnerability.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:I think Herb in Pantheons should still get the high-MDC invulnerability.

That's because you have an irrational hatred for retcons :)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

It is quite rational in this case, Herb probably would've just been out-right killed by Herakles if he had that wussy new MDC.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Tor wrote:It is quite rational in this case, Herb probably would've just been out-right killed by Herakles if he had that wussy new MDC.

Statisically speaking I don't see why an extra 500 MDC would save him, considering herkale's has about twice the combat bonus's to strike/parry dodge and 2d4*10 MD on a normal punch, the extra MDC means it might take an extra two melee rounds to finish him, not that herb would have a realistic chance of surviving in either case.

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Herakles is a sporting fellow, I'm sure he pulled some punches, but if he overdid it (rolled under 11), the super-fast healing Invulnerability gave would help Herb recover from it, at least revised CB kept that, even if only present in the expanded conversions and not the abbreviated ones that appear first.

Return to “Rifts®”