Gulf coast

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thom001
Explorer

Gulf coast

Unread post by Thom001 »

I have read the books I have about what happened to the gulf coast in rmb and ultimate but I haven't found anymore information anywhere else. I understand most is gone but I was wondering if maybe there is something is one of the rifters or something further discussing anything in the region from the Texas border to the Florida border?
taalismn
Priest

Re: Gulf coast

Unread post by taalismn »

There's some mention of tribes of fish-like(Idie Swamp-Men) and bearlike (Bayou Ursines) d-bees dwelling along the coast in D-Bees of North America. Crab-Warriors are known to frequent the coastal regions.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
wonderdog
D-Bee

Unread post by wonderdog »

Thom001 wrote:I have read the books I have about what happened to the gulf coast in rmb and ultimate but I haven't found anymore information anywhere else. I understand most is gone but I was wondering if maybe there is something is one of the rifters or something further discussing anything in the region from the Texas border to the Florida border?

personally i feel the gulf coast is prime for splugorth activity. atlantis is not too far away and it made sense to me for them to have a hidden "main" base on america's mainland as a staging point for their slave raid. i have the base located in pensacola.
winning isnt a some of the time thing. its an all the time thing. we dont win...once in a while.
we dont do the right thing...once in a while.
we do the right thing...all of the time.
winning is a habit.
unfortunately, so is losing
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The last vampire sourcebook does have a bit about the gulf coast info at least on the mexican side of the border. I think they had a couple world books intended and mentioned in a few places to cover the Mississippi/Louisiana areas. From what we have gleaned from mentions it sounds like it is pretty magically active area thick woods/bayous heavy magical activity with a fair amount of darker practitioners like necromancers coming out of that area.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Much of it is what is called dinosaur swamp. Has a source book or two loan star may mention the cost CS navy mentions a base, then you would need vampire book.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”