shifter ability

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wonderdog
D-Bee

shifter ability

Unread post by wonderdog »

if there is a rift open can a shifter change where it leads to?
winning isnt a some of the time thing. its an all the time thing. we dont win...once in a while.
we dont do the right thing...once in a while.
we do the right thing...all of the time.
winning is a habit.
unfortunately, so is losing
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: shifter ability

Unread post by Shark_Force »

TheGrayRaven wrote:I would say no unless there is something I'm missing that says one can.
Is there a particular phrase in the OCC description (or elsewhere) that makes you think one can? That would help answer the question.

they can manipulate spells that use rifts or teleportation iirc, but the description indicates when they are cast, but doesn't mention anything about after they are cast.
wonderdog
D-Bee

i think the closest iv found is the spell in rifter 15 "Divert Portal" but that changes it to a random location. with shifter material in 3 or 4 different books i just wasnt sure if i missed something.
winning isnt a some of the time thing. its an all the time thing. we dont win...once in a while.
winning is a habit.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Can't a Ley Line Rifter do something like that by re-casting the spell and hijacking the existing one?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
wonderdog
D-Bee

Tor wrote:Can't a Ley Line Rifter do something like that by re-casting the spell and hijacking the existing one?

they can hitch a ride for 20 ppe, cant change a portals destination tho.
winning is a habit.

Return to “Rifts®”