Most fun combos

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Most fun combos

Unread post by Secondhand Smoke »

I'll go first.

An Amaki Telekinestic Master from Psyscape. Amplified power being Telekinetic Accelerated Attack.

Pros. Very high SDC with Natural Armour. Takes only half damage from all attacks unless magic or psionic based and a further 50% reduction to all kinetic based attacks (which applies to armour as it's an aura) So some attacks are only doing 25% damage.
ISP is pretty high also and as all TK based psionics are double everything (he's 9th level) leads for incredibly fun situations. TK Shockwave was truly outrageous once it's range and force effect was doubled :twisted:

Our GM wanted to encourage Psionics so he ruled all powers only cost half the ISP for that campaign. Which was why this campaign went so well imo and so so so many fun times were had. (Well for me and the Neo-Human anway ;) )

TK to lift them up and TK Force to choke them like a Sith, such great great times, if you want to have some serious fun I suggest this :D. Charging into a group of Deadboys with a TK Leap and upon landing immediately using TK Shockwave to send them flying. Amaki Blast Sword at the ready and TK Accelerated Attack (12D6+12 :lol: ) ripping through anyone foolish enough not to fail the saving throw :D
Or taking it in turns to throw cars and jeeps with the Neo-Human at a group of Mystic Knights!

The most fun I had, honestly felt like a God!

What have been some of your more memorable/creative combos and what made them so? What situations can you remember that made you feel so badass? Please do share.
Insert philosophical quote here
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Most fun combos

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Um worst I ever did was a major psionic human paratrooper/samurai that had a bunch of body hardening and martial art techniques. Pretty much rocked. I toned him down over time and wrote stories about a lot of my old games, which are linked in my sig.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Morik
Explorer

Unread post by Morik »

Munchkin Combos seem almost as sad as threads about them. (Don't flame yet)

I prefer character combos in a team. What party builds (especially duos) really stand out as a great way to build on the fun and foundation of a campaign. Two character personalities coming together to solve a problem overshadows anything in the game mechanics department for me.

I like the Dog Boy hunter setting up his Juicer assassin with a clear shot for a kill more interesting than pushing rule boundaries for "Godlike" feelings.

It's just a preference. The main point is to have fun in RIFTS and don't ever try to make a half-vamp/half-dragon. That's just no fun for anyone.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Gismoteer Tinkerer with a N&S martial art... Oh it's also a Nightspawn abusing Mirror Walk and/or ride the lightning to include Glitterboy Reflective armor.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

The power combination I've had the most fun with in a Rifts campaign was Bend Light and EE: Light.

It sounds quaint, but being able to manipulate line of sight offers a tremendous tactical advantage (and you can read your opponent's poker hand from across the table).

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

A mage in BtS had my favorite spell combo. Create deck (permanent version) so what.
52 cards to the face (text reads launches WHOLE deck unerringly into opponents face, almost impossible to dodge, something like a -10 and requires a 20 to dodge) so what.
Endless deck of cards (for a set time per level the deck of cards is seemingly endless. The top card of the deck replicates with different face values) yup another useless one unless you've only got one deck and are playing a game that needs multiple decks.
Card Daggers (turns a given number of cards into bladed cards that can be handled like a normal card by the caster) okay maybe that's a little interesting.

combine them all. MAGIC card daggers that unerringly target the face. 52 cards per attack until the ENTIRE deck is launched. Magic dagger = MD in rifts.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Zer0 Kay wrote:A mage in BtS had my favorite spell combo. Create deck (permanent version) so what.
52 cards to the face (text reads launches WHOLE deck unerringly into opponents face, almost impossible to dodge, something like a -10 and requires a 20 to dodge) so what.
Endless deck of cards (for a set time per level the deck of cards is seemingly endless. The top card of the deck replicates with different face values) yup another useless one unless you've only got one deck and are playing a game that needs multiple decks.
Card Daggers (turns a given number of cards into bladed cards that can be handled like a normal card by the caster) okay maybe that's a little interesting.

combine them all. MAGIC card daggers that unerringly target the face. 52 cards per attack until the ENTIRE deck is launched. Magic dagger = MD in rifts.

~The trickster mage is PF.
~"The 52 cards in the face" launches a whole deck of 52 cards. This spell is more blinding flash idea. While that deck is throw at the target, the individual chars are not thrown at the target. A good example of the dispertion pattern would be if you take a deck of 52 cards, bend the deck away from you and let he cards fly.
~For "Card Daggers" to do damage they have to be thrown or slashed (a skilled attack) with one or two cards.

Yes, if you are just reading with selective blindness the Combo 0K talked about works.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:A mage in BtS had my favorite spell combo. Create deck (permanent version) so what.

~The trickster mage is PF.
~"The 52 cards in the face" launches a whole deck of 52 cards. This spell is more blinding flash idea. While that deck is throw at the target, the individual chars are not thrown at the target. A good example of the dispertion pattern would be if you take a deck of 52 cards, bend the deck away from you and let he cards fly.
~For "Card Daggers" to do damage they have to be thrown or slashed (a skilled attack) with one or two cards.

Yes, if you are just reading with selective blindness the Combo 0K talked about works.

Rifts is megaversal, including PF
The 52 CITF doesn't specify 52 cards, except in the spells name. If were going to be that way, how many armors does Ithan have and what's he/she does when other people are using them.
Your putting your assumptions into the spell. Doing that with a deck hardly sends all of the deck unnerringly to the face and this spell sends EVERY card in a NON defined deck UNERRINGLY into the face.
For card daggers to do damage... Only one or two get changed that isn't why one or two is the limit thrown. Fine, iron cards. Ya gonna claim they have to land on edge?
The combo declared by DK to not work is based on inserting personal opinion and inserting words not found in the text of the spell besides in the name.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Rifts is rifts and PF id PF. Only GMs can make them cross.
Besides I was correcting that part where you said the Trickster mage was from the BTS setting.

Yes, the title defines one deck of cards as 52 cards. Yes, the text could of been written better so word twisters couldn't mangle the meaning of sentences.

And since the Whole Deck is launched, there is no removal of the top card.

Yes, the cards enchanted with Dagger Cards required the card daggers to hit on edge do damage to anyone. This s duh simple concept that even Homer S.can understand. Daggers cut with their edges.

No, I said that things/ideas in the spells were intentionally ignored.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Rifts is rifts and PF id PF. Only GMs can make them cross.

Yes... but they are both within the Megaverse and so spells are transferable.
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Besides I was correcting that part where you said the Trickster mage was from the BTS setting.
okay that makes sense
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Yes, the title defines one deck of cards as 52 cards. Yes, the text could of been written better so word twisters couldn't mangle the meaning of sentences.

-And armor if ithan is actually Ithan's right.
    -Wall of Thoth uses real Thoth, must make him mad.
    -For the spell "where did it go?" the caster must be required to actually say those words, cuz it's the name of the spell.
    -Stairway to Heaven... Yeah it doesnt go there... Oops
Besides if the spell can only use a 52 card deck even though the text doesn't state that, then why do they find it necessary to actually state that it has to be a 52 card deck, one page later, for 52 card pick up? It has 52 cards in the title too?
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:And since the Whole Deck is launched, there is no removal of the top card.
It's funny that you use the cards ejected like 52 card pick up as an example of how they fly... which wouldn't go six feet + 2 feet per level. Then say it launches the whole deck so it wouldn't use the top, which would mean it doesn't launch like 52 card pick up. So which is it? You can't have both that it flies like 52 card pick up but the whole deck is launched at once.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Yes, the cards enchanted with Dagger Cards required the card daggers to hit on edge do damage to anyone. This s duh simple concept that even Homer S.can understand. Daggers cut with their edges.

I understand that daggers have to strike on edge. Your assuming I don't think every card dagger strikes on edge. There is nothing magical about 52 cards held perpendicular to the ground and compressed at the edges so the eject in a given direction. ANYONE can do that. So, according to you the only magical thing about the spell is the accuracy and maybe distance, with the trickster mage still having to hold it cuz he couldn't possibly cast the spell that is on a table causing the spell to have to pull from the top and launch it flat toward the persons face a long distance, I see it tossing 52 cards flat at a persons face.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:No, I said that things/ideas in the spells were intentionally ignored.

Nothing was ignored, nothing beyond what the spell says was read into it. It was clearly exegesis and not isagesis.

Could it be that rather than restricting everything so it was useless as a large scale attack maybe, just maybe the designer wanted to make it flexible so people could do crazy stuff.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:No, I said that things/ideas in the spells were intentionally ignored.

Nothing was ignored, nothing beyond what the spell says was read into it. It was clearly exegesis and not isagesis.

Could it be that rather than restricting everything so it was useless as a large scale attack maybe, just maybe the designer wanted to make it flexible so people could do crazy stuff.

You ignoring the definition of what is a deck of cards is, as defined by the spell. The one you brushed off earlier. Which is exactly intentionally ignoring something.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

I'd chime in... While the card concept is... Interesting... I'd not allow it to work.

Here is my justification for it not working:

Spells, and magic in general, aren't designed to do "extra stuff" that they don't specifically do.

In this case, the justification that the user of the spell is using is that they can direct the cards in such a way that they land edge first in the face of the target and thus act as daggers.

The thing is... I don't think they actually can. The cards are launched unerringly into the opponent's face. This means that the caster of the spell isn't throwing them, or even directing them, the spell does this automatically. There is nothing in the spell that says these cards are hurled with enough force to cause damage either. The base description of the spell, to me, feels more like the typical magic trick where the cards land "flat" on the face.

So... Going on the intention of the spell... Rather than what the user seems to have cobbled together (an instant kill on any target that can take physical damage) I would say that the cards simply do not fly in such a manner as to make them viable slashing weapons. They are not thrown as traditional throwing weapons, which, in real life, require a lot of skill to use and require things like "rotation" to be taken into effect so as to land at the perfect point. This spell isn't designed for that.

I look at it like this...

If you have an enchanted sword, that does MD damage, does touching the blade cause damage? No. The blade has to be employed in a manner intended to cause damage for the blade to cause damage.

This spell simply doesn't meet those requirements.

Zer0 Kay - I do think that you are trying to bend the rules on one part of this... You state "52 cards per attack" and that part I take issue with.

Here is why...

Does 52 cards to the face, aside from the name of the spell specify 52 cards -or- does it say "Launches the whole deck unerringly into opponent's face"

Because, at that point, magic being what magic is, you might have a problem if the spell specifies the "whole deck" but you have a deck that never ends because... Well... Depending on the exact wording... It could be ruled that the attack continues, without the control of the caster, until it concludes.

Namely, unless it says that the caster can cancel the spell, or if it specifies 52 cards in the TEXT of the spell description instead of the name, then it is also possible that for the entire duration of the endless deck the spell will continue to cycle. Meaning the caster couldn't change targets or, in fact, do anything, until the whole of the endless deck was exhausted.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

Secondhand Smoke wrote:I'll go first.

An Amaki Telekinestic Master from Psyscape. Amplified power being Telekinetic Accelerated Attack.

Pros. Very high SDC with Natural Armour. Takes only half damage from all attacks unless magic or psionic based and a further 50% reduction to all kinetic based attacks (which applies to armour as it's an aura) So some attacks are only doing 25% damage.
ISP is pretty high also and as all TK based psionics are double everything (he's 9th level) leads for incredibly fun situations. TK Shockwave was truly outrageous once it's range and force effect was doubled :twisted:

Our GM wanted to encourage Psionics so he ruled all powers only cost half the ISP for that campaign. Which was why this campaign went so well imo and so so so many fun times were had. (Well for me and the Neo-Human anway ;) )

TK to lift them up and TK Force to choke them like a Sith, such great great times, if you want to have some serious fun I suggest this :D. Charging into a group of Deadboys with a TK Leap and upon landing immediately using TK Shockwave to send them flying. Amaki Blast Sword at the ready and TK Accelerated Attack (12D6+12 :lol: ) ripping through anyone foolish enough not to fail the saving throw :D
Or taking it in turns to throw cars and jeeps with the Neo-Human at a group of Mystic Knights!

The most fun I had, honestly felt like a God!

What have been some of your more memorable/creative combos and what made them so? What situations can you remember that made you feel so badass? Please do share.

What book is that Amaki TK master in? I didn't see it in Psyscape or SA2.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Lao Tzume wrote:What book is that Amaki TK master in? I didn't see it in Psyscape or SA2.

sounds suspiciously like the teke freak in rifter #50. technically a chaos earth class, but i see no reason why you couldn't have a less refined psychic with a bit more brute force mixed in from an earlier time. heck, i think amaki stone men live long enough he could've been around that long anyways.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

HWalsh wrote:I'd chime in... While the card concept is... Interesting... I'd not allow it to work.

Here is my justification for it not working:

Spells, and magic in general, aren't designed to do "extra stuff" that they don't specifically do.

In this case, the justification that the user of the spell is using is that they can direct the cards in such a way that they land edge first in the face of the target and thus act as daggers.

The thing is... I don't think they actually can. The cards are launched unerringly into the opponent's face. This means that the caster of the spell isn't throwing them, or even directing them, the spell does this automatically. There is nothing in the spell that says these cards are hurled with enough force to cause damage either. The base description of the spell, to me, feels more like the typical magic trick where the cards land "flat" on the face.

So... Going on the intention of the spell... Rather than what the user seems to have cobbled together (an instant kill on any target that can take physical damage) I would say that the cards simply do not fly in such a manner as to make them viable slashing weapons. They are not thrown as traditional throwing weapons, which, in real life, require a lot of skill to use and require things like "rotation" to be taken into effect so as to land at the perfect point. This spell isn't designed for that.

I look at it like this...

If you have an enchanted sword, that does MD damage, does touching the blade cause damage? No. The blade has to be employed in a manner intended to cause damage for the blade to cause damage.

This spell simply doesn't meet those requirements.

Zer0 Kay - I do think that you are trying to bend the rules on one part of this... You state "52 cards per attack" and that part I take issue with.

Here is why...

Does 52 cards to the face, aside from the name of the spell specify 52 cards -or- does it say "Launches the whole deck unerringly into opponent's face"

Because, at that point, magic being what magic is, you might have a problem if the spell specifies the "whole deck" but you have a deck that never ends because... Well... Depending on the exact wording... It could be ruled that the attack continues, without the control of the caster, until it concludes.

Namely, unless it says that the caster can cancel the spell, or if it specifies 52 cards in the TEXT of the spell description instead of the name, then it is also possible that for the entire duration of the endless deck the spell will continue to cycle. Meaning the caster couldn't change targets or, in fact, do anything, until the whole of the endless deck was exhausted.

Good enough, your opinion. So then you'd allow iron cards which do blunt damage to work? It then no longer requires to hit on the edge and the spell would throw a heavy card 6' + 2'/lvl heck even if your launching an infinite deck into someone's face some WILL land edge first. The 52 cards per turn was my attempt to limit it some. Otherwise for x turns that the deck is endless you have a spell attempting to launch infinity. So the spell WOULD be an instant kill with either card daggers, even if only 1:10 or 1:100 or 1:1,000 heck even 1:1,000,000,000 does damage or iron cards which would do damage no matter how they strike infinity x ANY amount of damage = infinite damage even if each card does 1/1,000,000,000 of an sdc it will instagib Dragon Gods (thanks .50 caliber fans).

So fine I'll use cards that are made of paper and cast, infinite deck of cards on it and then 52 cards to the face toward a spider skull walker, causing it to blow up in one turn cuz infinity x papercut damage sdc is still infinity. Want it to harm vampires or other supernatural? Get a deck made where each card is 1/2 silver, 1/2 wrought iron.

My 52/action starting to sound more reasonable now?

BTW throwing cards requires skill. Card daggers are thrown as daggers requiring considerably less skill especially when the dagger is bladed all the way around. I know, cuz one of the guys in the group bought me a set of royal flush card daggers for my birthday because our GM allowed me to use the combo, so he thought it would be a great gag gift. Of course we immediately went outside and started chucking them at trees. The spell allows the cards to be handled as if they're normal cards but as soon as the mage throws them they throw like daggers.

Drawback of the spell combo... Short range and target has to have a face, hope you brought a sharpie and have timeslip.

So yeah I bent the rules in favor of more balance rather than turning the spell combo into a synchro cannon. Heck lets put them in a TW weapon that adds teleport so you can "launch" the deck to the target and destroy it. Gonna be one messy battlefield. Hmm, brings a new meaning to fall out. No 52 card limit? I'm gonna paint s big face on chi town and kill em all muhahahahahaha...ha, forgot one.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

You ignoring the definition of what is a deck of cards is, as defined by the spell. The one you brushed off earlier. Which is exactly intentionally ignoring something.

Really? What is a deck of cards for tarokka? What is a deck of cards for Canasta? What is a deck of cards for.... MtG? Answers 78, 104, unlimited. The spell name DEFINES NOTHING the text of the spell defines EVERYTHING.

You are judging the book by its cover. Now go wear Ithan's personal metal armor because the spell surely doesn't say invisible force field developed by Ithan.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Could you guys maybe move that argument to another thread?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lao Tzume wrote:Could you guys maybe move that argument to another thread?

If the OP asked sure. But it deals with the OP, so is still on topic.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Tight.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Lao Tzume wrote:Tight.

Can you expound on that :-)
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Lao Tzume wrote:What book is that Amaki TK master in? I didn't see it in Psyscape or SA2.

TK Master is found in Rifter 25.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Slight001 wrote:

TK Master is found in Rifter 25.

Thank you very much!
RiftJunkie
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by RiftJunkie »

I kinda like Amaki Half Wizard (Natural) Demon Queller with Major Psionics. I didn't even bother with Inquisitor.

When I get bored, I try to come up with interesting characters and possible back-story for them. Sometimes a bit munchkiny, almost always min/maxed, but always cool. Even ultra-powerful characters can be challenged and don't have to ruin a groups fun. It's all how they are played.

My kids like Jeridu. My daughter made a Jeridu Battle Mage and my son made a Jeridu CosmoKnight.
My apologies up front if my posts come across as argumentative or crass. It is not a personal attack on anyone, just my blunt style. I bear no ill will towards anybody that plays Palladium Games (there’s not enough of us to hold a grudge).
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Peanut butter & chocolate. :fl:
Crow Splat
Explorer

Unread post by Crow Splat »

I once played a saloon bum and every time my character took a shot, everyone at the table took a shot.. It was all good fun until I woke up one morning and nobody could remember how my character died.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

The Reaver Assassin has a 1% chance of being a master psionic... I had a GM let me be a Human Zapper trained as a Reaver Assassin. background had me as part of a guild of assassins trained to kill hard targets. Because I was the only one that wasn't a d-bee I got all of the Zappers powers and bonuses along with the Reaver Assassin's own bonuses and skills.

I had a lot of fun the others were more durable, but that was fine they made good patsies for my survival. Started the game with a pair Wilks Laser Swords which with the paired weapons, Fencing, and auto-dodge made for a serious capacity for close quarters DPM. Later on the GM had me get captured and upgraded by 'rogue' CS scientists. I gained the ability to create psi-swords that scaled like a master psionic cyber-knight. I pissed off the Noli Cyber-Knight when my character shaped the psi-swords to serve as additions to the Laser Swords. I even sketched out the design concept for the GM and players. Not only did this increase the damage of my melee strikes, but the GM agreed with me that it would allow the laser blades to damage any weapon/object used to parry or which was parried by the combination. Didn't change the fact that the Noli player was agitated that I had come up with something like that.

edit: finished the partial sentence...
Last edited by Slight001 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Beast wrote:Peanut butter & chocolate. :fl:

Cookie caramel and chocolate... Left of course.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Crow Splat wrote:I once played a saloon bum and every time my character took a shot, everyone at the table took a shot.. It was all good fun until I woke up one morning and nobody could remember how my character died.

LOL. That must have been hilarious :D
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

Zer0 Kay wrote:Gismoteer Tinkerer with a N&S martial art... Oh it's also a Nightspawn abusing Mirror Walk and/or ride the lightning to include Glitterboy Reflective armor.

That's just downright disgusting.

LOL, share some stories please, or particularly memorable events.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

Slight001 wrote:The Reaver Assassin has a 1% chance of being a master psionic... I had a GM let me be a Human Zapper trained as a Reaver Assassin. background had me as part of a guild of assassins trained by the Because I was the only one that wasn't a d-bee I got all of the Zappers powers and bonuses along with the Reaver Assassin's own bonuses and skills.

I had a lot of fun the others were more durable, but that was fine they made good patsies for my survival. Started the game with a pair Wilks Laser Swords which with the paired weapons, Fencing, and auto-dodge made for a serious capacity for close quarters DPM. Later on the GM had me get captured and upgraded by 'rogue' CS scientists. I gained the ability to create psi-swords that scaled like a master psionic cyber-knight. I pissed off the Noli Cyber-Knight when my character shaped the psi-swords to serve as additions to the Laser Swords. I even sketched out the design concept for the GM and players. Not only did this increase the damage of my melee strikes, but the GM agreed with me that it would allow the laser blades to damage any weapon/object used to parry or which was parried by the combination. Didn't change the fact that the Noli player was agitated that I had come up with something like that.

More like this! That sounds like one mean son of a gun :D
IMO Reaver Assassins are one of the cooler and overlooked occ's around. Props for the style points.
Making him a Zapper too, that is genius!
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

RiftJunkie wrote:I kinda like Amaki Half Wizard (Natural) Demon Queller with Major Psionics. I didn't even bother with Inquisitor.

When I get bored, I try to come up with interesting characters and possible back-story for them. Sometimes a bit munchkiny, almost always min/maxed, but always cool. Even ultra-powerful characters can be challenged and don't have to ruin a groups fun. It's all how they are played.

My kids like Jeridu. My daughter made a Jeridu Battle Mage and my son made a Jeridu CosmoKnight.

Your Amaki is too dirty sir! Awesome combo right there!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Secondhand Smoke wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Gismoteer Tinkerer with a N&S martial art... Oh it's also a Nightspawn abusing Mirror Walk and/or ride the lightning to include Glitterboy Reflective armor.

Why is it disgusting?
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Secondhand Smoke wrote:

Why is it disgusting?

British slang.

Essentially I'm saying it is a fantastic idea/mix and a monumental badass.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Secondhand Smoke wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Secondhand Smoke wrote:

Why is it disgusting?

British slang.

Essentially I'm saying it is a fantastic idea/mix and a monumental badass.

Yeah and she had a messed up back story where she gets an ugly, demonic morphis because she was abused by her adopted parents and raped by "friends" but turns out to be an exceptional person that ends up working for the CIA. While her identical twin sister was coddled by her adopted parents on on the other side of the planet. Becoming a person that abuses power, kills on whim and develops some cannibalistic tendancies and becomes KGB and she gets to look like a radiant angel with a leather lingerie fettish. Their NPC in an adventure about not judging a book by its cover. The story used to be up on Nekira's website, but that has since become defunct :(.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Northern gun giant robot with a gun for a head and a crotch cannon, + TW coaxial CoA cannon on the crotch cannon + hip thrust to aim. First target was a Blind warrior woman, thus it was dubbed the money shot.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

Blue_Lion wrote:Northern gun giant robot with a gun for a head and a crotch cannon, + TW coaxial CoA cannon on the crotch cannon + hip thrust to aim. First target was a Blind warrior woman, thus it was dubbed the money shot.

LOL

Return to “Rifts®”