Mercenary armies and the demon/deevil war

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fyrpower
Explorer

Mercenary armies and the demon/deevil war

Unread post by Fyrpower »

What involvement do you think the Megaversal Legion will have with the demon/deevil war or more specifically the demon/deevil war on Rifts Earth but I'm assuming they can travel anywhere (hence the name). I'm sure they would certainly be looking for some action and with their tech, I'd like to think they be in the know with what's going on. Who do you think they would approach with their services? Ditto for Larson's Brigage.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
kaid
Knight

Re: Mercenary armies and the demon/deevil war

Unread post by kaid »

For larsons brigade I believe they were already engaged or soon to be engaged in actions vs calgary. They originally were supposed to be heading to tolkeen but got side tracked in canada by forces of calgary. I would not be suprised to see them link up with the cyberknight forces heading that way as well. Otherwise I would see players like the NG spending the cash to hire them on as a mobile field army to strike at hell pits here and there.

There is not a lot of detail of everything going on in south america but I would guess it winds up being like other areas where the demons/devil outbreaks winds up making a lot of the local players realize if they don't work if not together at least not against each other they all wind up losing. I would suspect the megaversal legion will be up to their eyeballs in work putting down demonic/devil incursions in south america and elsewhere.
Fyrpower
Explorer

Unread post by Fyrpower »

I'd rather like to think forces like Larson's Brigade would be more well equipped to take on the Calgary Kingdom of Monsters than the Coalition. To be honest I'd like to see the Coalition take a hit rather than come out on top all the time.
"Arrogance is a poor man's confidence"

"Only when I lose myself with someone else, that I find I myself"

"You eat to live, not live to eat!"
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

Fyrpower wrote:To be honest I'd like to see the Coalition take a hit rather than come out on top all the time.

Blasphemer... Don't let Kevin hear you say such heretical things :)

Honestly though, wouldn't it be nice to have the CS have to make some kind of sacrifice in the Minion War?

Actually putting humanity first for a change. I mean, I realize they are fascists, and that means they are looking out for themselves and their own power first, but come one, how can fascists be the "good guys" of humanity?

As for mercenary armies, I am working on a game now where the PCs will lead a mercenary army raised by Lazlo to the Calgary hell pit and try to destroy it. I have another idea for the second mission, with a mercenary army that comes from Europe that has been fighting gargoyles and demons that is hired by the deevils to take out some of the Hades hell pits. I think there is a lot of opportunity for a neutral or evil PC group to work for deevils and demons taking out each others hell pits and making a nice profit while secretly helping humanity.
SolCannibal
Champion

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Athos wrote:
Fyrpower wrote:To be honest I'd like to see the Coalition take a hit rather than come out on top all the time.

Blasphemer... Don't let Kevin hear you say such heretical things :)

Honestly though, wouldn't it be nice to have the CS have to make some kind of sacrifice in the Minion War?

Actually putting humanity first for a change. I mean, I realize they are fascists, and that means they are looking out for themselves and their own power first, but come one, how can fascists be the "good guys" of humanity?

As for mercenary armies, I am working on a game now where the PCs will lead a mercenary army raised by Lazlo to the Calgary hell pit and try to destroy it. I have another idea for the second mission, with a mercenary army that comes from Europe that has been fighting gargoyles and demons that is hired by the deevils to take out some of the Hades hell pits. I think there is a lot of opportunity for a neutral or evil PC group to work for deevils and demons taking out each others hell pits and making a nice profit while secretly helping humanity.

Well, i for one think there could be some pretty steep for the Coalition to deal with on their current growth already.

They got Fort El Dorado to join as a new state but the areas situation is pretty dire with the colaterals of the Juicer Uprising, not to mention it's very debatable how clean the CS would come from this considering it all started with them and not everybody will swallow "alien bugs with androids & nanotech tricked us" as an excuse. The grail promise of Operation Phoenix Rising is gone but something even worse may be steping in its place in the form of the Grim Reapers cult, not to mention that while mostly forgotten there's little to no guarantee that the Vallax are truly gone and defeated.

Also, New Kenora, for all the grandstanding about how the locals accepted the CS with mostly open arms, the truth of the matter is that 9% of the population was killed, 20% ran away or is in hiding and 30% stayed under duress. So they have 40% of the old population really on the supportive/uncaring camp, a fraction that would probably drop fast as, with most of the blueprints and actual thinking heads of Iron Heart Armaments disappeared and gone, they now have a whole industrial park they don't quite know how to make work, what will result in delays, waste of personnel & resources, loss of jobs and problems in general. It's a powderkeg brewing that could in time turn into the CS version of Northern Ireland during the Troubles.

Add to this how depleted the CS Army's ranks are out of anything but late & barely trained Post-Sorcerer's Revenge additions, the dispersed but continuous threat represented by Tolkeen Revenge Squads and the fact the damned city will keep rebuilding itself thanks to the Megalopolis spell, a whole barely held new state/war zone of Minnesota, not to mention the fact Free Quebec, the Pecos Empire - and the Federation of Magic - just stood still watching and building up who knows what while Prosek kept spending its reserves, not to mention Naruni gunning for some kind of political-economic payback, and the CS' current situation looks much less appetizing in the end.

Honestly, the Proseks are mightly lucky indeed that Bradford, megalomaniacal madman that he is, never pulled a Kurtz on them, eliminating his handlers and cutting all ties to any authority higher than his own along with an army of mutant animal loyalists/worshippers and play at empire-building of his own down south with Pecos and at least part of Mexico. The Dogboys in particular would love the opportunity of going on crusade against an enemy like the vampires, and the Splugorth - with a love of bio-tech and hatred of vampires of their own - might even give some help with the intent of exploiting such a scenario. Damn, it might be a fun set-up for a campaign.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Athos wrote:[ I think there is a lot of opportunity for a neutral or evil PC group to work for deevils and demons taking out each others hell pits and making a nice profit while secretly helping humanity.

"We'll even throw in these nifty power armors and these weapons that actually become an extension of you." :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
Athos wrote:I think there is a lot of opportunity for a neutral or evil PC group to work for deevils and demons taking out each others hell pits and making a nice profit while secretly helping humanity.

"We'll even throw in these nifty power armors and these weapons that actually become an extension of you." :twisted:

In fact it could be a golden opportunity for Armageddon Unlimited and Angrar Robotics to exploit, fomenting chaos, spread merchandise among angry and vengeful victim surviving the crossfire, "harvesting" weakened demons & deevils to make more "nifty power armors & weaponry", redirecting energies from forces destroyed on both sides to Ahriman...so much potential for entertainment. :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[
In fact it could be a golden opportunity for Armageddon Unlimited and Angrar Robotics to exploit, fomenting chaos, spread merchandise among angry and vengeful victim surviving the crossfire, "harvesting" weakened demons & deevils to make more "nifty power armors & weaponry", redirecting energies from forces destroyed on both sides to Ahriman...so much potential for entertainment. :twisted:

"See our dealers NOW about the 'Payback Specials', now exclusively offered by your friendly local AR outlet! Angrar Robotics; we look out for you!" :demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:[

"See our dealers NOW about the 'Payback Specials', now exclusively offered by your friendly local AR outlet! Angrar Robotics; we look out for you!" :demon:

And now i'm also imagining acquiring "abandoned"/stolen and reselling thinly-disguised Naruni hardware as Angrar products at a discount just to padd their breadth of merchandise and keep the gears of conflict going.
taalismn
Priest

SolCannibal wrote:[And now i'm also imagining acquiring "abandoned"/stolen and reselling thinly-disguised Naruni hardware as Angrar products at a discount just to padd their breadth of merchandise and keep the gears of conflict going.

Or 'curse' a few sets of re-sold Chipwell armor to get some gutter-heroes killed needlessly after seemingly validating the stuff's value with some 'miracles' performed while wearing it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SolCannibal
Champion

taalismn wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:[And now i'm also imagining acquiring "abandoned"/stolen and reselling thinly-disguised Naruni hardware as Angrar products at a discount just to padd their breadth of merchandise and keep the gears of conflict going.

Or 'curse' a few sets of re-sold Chipwell armor to get some gutter-heroes killed needlessly after seemingly validating the stuff's value with some 'miracles' performed while wearing it.

Possible, thoug Cheapo products might require some doctoring to sell and even then might not look that great.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

SolCannibal wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Possible, thoug Cheapo products might require some doctoring to sell and even then might not look that great.

That is the thing although cheapo Chipwell looks as shiny as the good stuff you have to be in the know to know it is no good. you want scary good cheep PA take a SDC Chipwell PA and have a TW place a spell in it turn SDC to MDC and give it a heavy 1d6X10 rail gun.

I was going over a old TW I had years ago that created his own factory and in game line of weapons vehicles and bots and some of that stuff is scary good for the minion wars. Not because it is OP but things like a hover recon tank with talisman to detect invisibility and in a vibro circle of protection greater, or the fling saucer Circle of protection greater fighters. So they are any supernatural gear.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

and if bradford has enough of the jannisaries available
they may be able to help
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
taalismn wrote:

That is the thing although cheapo Chipwell looks as shiny as the good stuff you have to be in the know to know it is no good. you want scary good cheep PA take a SDC Chipwell PA and have a TW place a spell in it turn SDC to MDC and give it a heavy 1d6X10 rail gun.

I was going over a old TW I had years ago that created his own factory and in game line of weapons vehicles and bots and some of that stuff is scary good for the minion wars. Not because it is OP but things like a hover recon tank with talisman to detect invisibility and in a vibro circle of protection greater, or the fling saucer Circle of protection greater fighters. So they are any supernatural gear.

Chipwell armor being 'no good' is fluff text that's not really supported by the gear text. Yes the one suit is basically a very high SDC suit that gives MDC protection as a result but in spite of being told they're supposed to be inferior with cheaper components and systems NOTHING on the actual armors actually lists any kind of penalty at all for supposedly being inferior. No sensor range reductions or penalties to attack or the like, nothing beyond simply having a somewhat lower MDC and maybe not having built-in weapon systems. Add in techno-wizard or gizmoteer augmentation and they end up equal or superior to top-line pure technology armors around and for far cheaper. You could field a scary good army quite cheaply going that route.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
SolCannibal
Champion

Blastaar wrote:and if bradford has enough of the jannisaries available
they may be able to help

Jannisaries? Who would those be? In Rifts, i mean.
Last edited by SolCannibal on Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Blue_Lion
Knight

SolCannibal wrote:
they may be able to help

They are not official they are from a Rifter CS super heroes/soldiers. HU powers in CS agents.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
SolCannibal
Champion

Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
they may be able to help

They are not official they are from a Rifter CS super heroes/soldiers. HU powers in CS agents.

Makes some sense, i remember discussing with some friends HU super soldier hero types in relation to Juicers, it makes sense that sooner or later branches of weird science from different worlds might cross over. Which Rifter, any idea of the number?

But back a bit to where the thread started, it's a good question how would one involve the Megaversal Legion in the Minion War - considering their past Dakir masters were described as equals if not betters of the 3 Galaxies powers or Naruni when it comes to personal weaponry, cybernetics and (planetary) military vehicles, the Legion might be a little beyond the pay grade of anyone in Rifts Earth beside Atlantis to contract, meaning any involvement will either be brought by personal reasons (identification with the plight of humans & D-Bees fighting against some of the most ruthless & monstrous powers) or someone else (Inca, Arkhon, vampires, others) striking first. There's also the question of who knows how to contact the Megaversal Legion in its current rogue/free condition. But considering that among other things they have already done you can include fighting armored divisions of Brodkill and worse, they can do a lot of damage in any front on Rifts Earth they choose to serve.

Larsen's Brigade is more in scale with things in setting, making the number of potential contractors and scenarios where one can use it much greater, anything from brushfire wars between minor kingdoms like in the adventure in Mercenaries to combating Pecos Raiders or vampires, help in exterminating Xiticix hives, security detail for a rich group of scholars & scientists (or black marketeers) in exploring a lost Golden Age city or industrial/military complex, carving out a city-state of his own somewhere, fighting the kingdom of monsters in Calgary, training civilian populations in the west for their Shemarian Overladies and a bunch of other stuff.

There's also the matter of what exactly is Calgary kingdom of monsters - much talk i have heard of it, since RMB i think, but don't remember ever seeing anything definite, like if there's any one race in special or just some chaotic morass controlled by whoever hits the hardest. Does Rifts Canada give us some details on that?
Blue_Lion
Knight

SolCannibal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
they may be able to help

Makes some sense, i remember discussing with some friends HU super soldier hero types in relation to Juicers, it makes sense that sooner or later branches of weird science from different worlds might cross over. Which Rifter, any idea of the number?

But back a bit to where the thread started, it's a good question how would one involve the Megaversal Legion in the Minion War - considering their past Dakir masters were described as equals if not betters of the 3 Galaxies powers or Naruni when it comes to personal weaponry, cybernetics and (planetary) military vehicles, the Legion might be a little beyond the pay grade of anyone in Rifts Earth beside Atlantis to contract, meaning any involvement will either be brought by personal reasons (identification with the plight of humans & D-Bees fighting against some of the most ruthless & monstrous powers) or someone else (Inca, Arkhon, vampires, others) striking first. There's also the question of who knows how to contact the Megaversal Legion in its current rogue/free condition. But considering that among other things they have already done you can include fighting armored divisions of Brodkill and worse, they can do a lot of damage in any front on Rifts Earth they choose to serve.

Larsen's Brigade is more in scale with things in setting, making the number of potential contractors and scenarios where one can use it much greater, anything from brushfire wars between minor kingdoms like in the adventure in Mercenaries to combating Pecos Raiders or vampires, help in exterminating Xiticix hives, security detail for a rich group of scholars & scientists (or black marketeers) in exploring a lost Golden Age city or industrial/military complex, carving out a city-state of his own somewhere, fighting the kingdom of monsters in Calgary, training civilian populations in the west for their Shemarian Overladies and a bunch of other stuff.

There's also the matter of what exactly is Calgary kingdom of monsters - much talk i have heard of it, since RMB i think, but don't remember ever seeing anything definite, like if there's any one race in special or just some chaotic morass controlled by whoever hits the hardest. Does Rifts Canada give us some details on that?

If a hell gate was being built in SA they are one of the factions that would take actions to stop it. They might also have to deal with demon/devil skirmishers and or resource hunting parties. To involve them the fight needs to happen in close to where they operate. I think the Monster hunting T-man from the tribe of true Atlanteans in SA would be a good infiltration sabotage force.

SolCannibal
Champion

Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
they may be able to help

If a hell gate was being built in SA they are one of the factions that would take actions to stop it. They might also have to deal with demon/devil skirmishers and or resource hunting parties. To involve them the fight needs to happen in close to where they operate. I think the Monster hunting T-man from the tribe of true Atlanteans in SA would be a good infiltration sabotage force.

This does get pretty close to my "identification with the plight of humans & D-Bees fighting against some of the most ruthless & monstrous powers/someone else striking first" take on motives for them to act.

Another - pretty sneaky - possibility would be to contract a good part of the Megaversal Legion to train some their forces in the 3 Galaxies, using them to support one of the sides of the Minion War and keeping Rifts Earth (and Fort Desperado) more vulnerable through their absense.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

the megaversal legion has a branch office in north america in merctown i thought. if so, that would make the knowledge part easy. as to price, if you're so expensive that nobody can afford to hire you, you're not going to be a success as a mercenary, so i doubt it's completely out of reach. certainly, hiring the entire legion is unlikely for most people on rifts earth. being able to afford to hire *some* of the legion, on the other hand, is much more plausible.

and in any event, if their stats lived up to the hype, hiring all of the legion would probably be excessive, too. supposedly they defended an entire planet from the mechanoids while the population was evacuated, and inflicted something stupid like 70 casualties on the mechanoids for every one of their own in the process iirc... while being massively outnumbered, to boot.

(note: practically speaking, there is no way to cover an entire planet from attack with a force as small as they have, but that's what the books say they did, so we'll just go with that).
SolCannibal
Champion

Shark_Force wrote:the megaversal legion has a branch office in north america in merctown i thought. if so, that would make the knowledge part easy. as to price, if you're so expensive that nobody can afford to hire you, you're not going to be a success as a mercenary, so i doubt it's completely out of reach. certainly, hiring the entire legion is unlikely for most people on rifts earth. being able to afford to hire *some* of the legion, on the other hand, is much more plausible.

It seems the Silver Republics contract their services occasionally too - if they also have a branch office in Merctown that would seem to imply their prices while still high are overall less step than one might expect and somewhat affordable to regional powers of Rifts Earth.

Shark_Force wrote:and in any event, if their stats lived up to the hype, hiring all of the legion would probably be excessive, too. supposedly they defended an entire planet from the mechanoids while the population was evacuated, and inflicted something stupid like 70 casualties on the mechanoids for every one of their own in the process iirc... while being massively outnumbered, to boot.

30 to 1, less ludricous though still pretty ridiculous indeed. Their hype seems overly ripe overall.
Out of curiosity, has anyone ever compared their equipment to Naruni or Phaseworld hardware?

Shark_Force wrote:(note: practically speaking, there is no way to cover an entire planet from attack with a force as small as they have, but that's what the books say they did, so we'll just go with that).

I agree, but considering we are talking of the Megaverse, it's perfectly possible that they only needed to cover some set of pyramids, portals or mega-nexus for enough time to allow the whole population to evacuate. Ah, just checked and i half-remembered things or was very lucky, because it's what they did - get 1 billion people through a group of dimensional gates, so they basically played "hold the fort/gate" against the mechanoids around one to a dozen few major locations. A quite nasty prospect but a more feasible one.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

CS Janissary is found in Rifter 28.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Shark_Force
Palladin

SolCannibal wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:(note: practically speaking, there is no way to cover an entire planet from attack with a force as small as they have, but that's what the books say they did, so we'll just go with that).

I agree, but considering we are talking of the Megaverse, it's perfectly possible that they only needed to cover some set of pyramids, portals or mega-nexus for enough time to allow the whole population to evacuate. Ah, just checked and i half-remembered things or was very lucky, because it's what they did - get 1 billion people through a group of dimensional gates, so they basically played "hold the fort/gate" against the mechanoids around one to a dozen few major locations. A quite nasty prospect but a more feasible one.

unless those people were all already crammed right next to the gate(s), you'd still have to cover most of the planet. one billion people takes up a lot of space.
SolCannibal
Champion

Shark_Force wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:

unless those people were all already crammed right next to the gate(s), you'd still have to cover most of the planet. one billion people takes up a lot of space.

Depends on degree of urbanization and structure involved. If we are talking of a world with such an evacuation scheme available a few dozen megalopolises with tens to hundreds of millions each ain't out of the realm of possibility.
taalismn
Priest

Nightmask wrote:[Chipwell armor being 'no good' is fluff text that's not really supported by the gear text. Yes the one suit is basically a very high SDC suit that gives MDC protection as a result but in spite of being told they're supposed to be inferior with cheaper components and systems NOTHING on the actual armors actually lists any kind of penalty at all for supposedly being inferior. No sensor range reductions or penalties to attack or the like, nothing beyond simply having a somewhat lower MDC and maybe not having built-in weapon systems. Add in techno-wizard or gizmoteer augmentation and they end up equal or superior to top-line pure technology armors around and for far cheaper. You could field a scary good army quite cheaply going that route.

Ironic, given the Chipwell background. It would be highly amusing to discover that 'CS Chipwell' is a favorite of the TW 'pimp it up' community.
Of course, Chipwell can laugh right back that the enemies of the Coalition are spending money that a portion of most likely goes to the CS in the form of taxes. :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

is there some information in a book after rifts mercenaries indicating chipwell is part of the CS?

i don't recall any such information in mercenaries... but i suppose it's entirely possible that merc ops or merc adventures or any number of later books might have updated it.

that said, if you use your chipwell armour to inflict more than about 5 MDC to anything owned by the CS, you've probably already more than covered any taxes chipwell would be paying.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Shark_Force wrote:is there some information in a book after rifts mercenaries indicating chipwell is part of the CS?

i don't recall any such information in mercenaries... but i suppose it's entirely possible that merc ops or merc adventures or any number of later books might have updated it.

that said, if you use your chipwell armour to inflict more than about 5 MDC to anything owned by the CS, you've probably already more than covered any taxes chipwell would be paying.

I know of nothing that says Chipwell is CS owned.
Taxes could be that CS provides the infrastructure to credits and taxes/fees are collected but I know of nothing that says they do.

SolCannibal
Champion

Can't really remember any book after mercenaries speaking of Chipwell.

Incidentally, while Coalition War Campaign speaks of the CS campdown on Iron Heart Armaments in New Kenora, there's no talk of the rebuilt city of Duluth, where they established their shipyards, meaning they might have missed them much like the blueprints - pretty probable actually, considering Coalition's Navy speaks of Duluth as the location of a Xiticix hive.
Blue_Lion
Knight

SolCannibal wrote:Can't really remember any book after mercenaries speaking of Chipwell.

Incidentally, while Coalition War Campaign speaks of the CS campdown on Iron Heart Armaments in New Kenora, there's no talk of the rebuilt city of Duluth, where they established their shipyards, meaning they might have missed them much like the blueprints - pretty probable actually, considering Coalition's Navy speaks of Duluth as the location of a Xiticix hive.

Yes Iron heart armaments is gone to bad they made some good vehicles. But as I recall some survivors fled with plans and are now a band of water bandits preying on CS.

SolCannibal
Champion

Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Can't really remember any book after mercenaries speaking of Chipwell.

Yes Iron heart armaments is gone to bad they made some good vehicles. But as I recall some survivors fled with plans and are now a band of water bandits preying on CS.

Hmmm, that would actually fit pretty well with people in general not knowing about the Duluth shipyards... where is the "now a band of water bandits preying on CS" mentioned?
Blue_Lion
Knight

SolCannibal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

Hmmm, that would actually fit pretty well with people in general not knowing about the Duluth shipyards... where is the "now a band of water bandits preying on CS" mentioned?

CS navy- Think they are called Iron Heart avengers.
Part of the reason CS took over the town was manufacturing capacity for navy ships, do not see the CS letting go of such a strategic resource as that.

SolCannibal
Champion

Blue_Lion wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

CS navy- Think they are called Iron Heart avengers.
Part of the reason CS took over the town was manufacturing capacity for navy ships, do not see the CS letting go of such a strategic resource as that.

Indeed, what doesn't mean their intelligence was complete, up-to-date or perfect, as shown by the fact the Ironheart Armaments blueprints and designers, one of the main factors behind the invasion itself, slipped through their fingers.

The idea of the Iron Heart avengers actually having a secret shipyard-base of their own in Duluth, a supposed Xiticix nest, one they must be careful with in their use or risk exposure, could make a very good basis or backdrop for a guerilla-piratical campaign.

Return to “Rifts®”