Looking for dancing lights.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Looking for dancing lights.

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Have any of the books covered either of the Boreali? With book and page reference if you know.

Thanks in advance.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Looking for dancing lights.

Unread post by Shark_Force »

rifts Antarctica never made it to print, but may have had something... but those who know probably can't (legally) tell :P

apart from that, you could check rifts Canada... I never looked it over that much. pretty sure Russia has nothing on it, in either book.

there is, however, a fire elemental spell that references them, I think.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

@Sharkforce

Off topic, but did the Rifts Antarctica book being touted a couple of years ago get shelved then? Or are you referring to some earlier netbook :?:
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

apart from not being a netbook, i'm not sure. i don't know if it's still on kevin's to-do list, or if the manuscript was never finished, or if the manuscript was not impressive enough (though i would presume that if it ever made it to the list of things that were to be released, it must have been at least interesting enough to be worth the effort of making it).

so really, i don't know if it's still in production or not. i'm not the author, and i'm not even sure who the author is/was. if it is still on its way, who knows how long it will be before it actually gets published? kevin has a ton of manuscripts in his inbox, and is already working ridiculous hours from all i can tell... and yet, typically 4-6 books are released per year (mostly on the lower end of that scale, and sometimes below it).

where does rifts antarctica fall in? is it still even in the pipeline at all? was it ever even a finished manuscript?

i have no answers to these questions. unless one of PB's employees chips in, we're not likely to know for years to come.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Thanks Shark_force - I remember a short while back they were talking an Antarctica book up, but only just realised that I hadn't heard anything new about it for some time, thought perhaps I'd missed some announcement that it was shelved.
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

As the OP, I'm requesting that we keep to the OP. If ya wanna talk about a nonexistent book that may cover it please start another thread. I'd really appreciate it. I opened this thread for research. Thank you.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”