Death Head Transport

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Death Head Transport

Unread post by Phaze »

Is there good floor plan or design of the transport somewhere?

I want to have a party start their adventures in one while being transported for "processing" after being captured and arrested for aiding a Debee.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Re: Death Head Transport

Unread post by Grell »

As best I can tell it's a crew compartment and a troop compartment, not much else there aside from a possible bulkhead separating the two. If you've ever been inside a C-5 at an air show or something, I imagine it's a lot like that. But to your question, I don't know of any actual floor plans for the Death's Head.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Grell wrote:As best I can tell it's a crew compartment and a troop compartment, not much else there aside from a possible bulkhead separating the two. If you've ever been inside a C-5 at an air show or something, I imagine it's a lot like that. But to your question, I don't know of any actual floor plans for the Death's Head.

uh a c-5 has a crew compartment, a cargo deck, a troop deck and a galley.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

Yes, hence the point of reference.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Grell wrote:Yes, hence the point of reference.

Hence, hence? How does saying it has 2 areas equal a reference to an aircraft with 4? It would be more correct to equate it to the C-130 or C-17 for just two areas.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Grell
Republican

Unread post by Grell »

A Death's Head could have more than two areas, in which case the C-5 layout would be a good example to draw upon for floor plans. My assumption is that it only consists of a crew compartment and a cargo hold and wouldn't require any floor plans in order to have a scene inside of it.

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Are the guns on a deaths head controlled from the mount our by the pilot or copilot? And why the crap isn't it equipped with flares?
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alrik Vas wrote:Are the guns on a deaths head controlled from the mount our by the pilot or copilot? And why the crap isn't it equipped with flares?

because your assuming that missiles are only heat seaking. What if they're multi sensorsd and combine radar, heat signature and visual/video recognition? A flare, or chaff or cammoflauge won't work by itself.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I don't think there have ever been floor plans for a deaths head but assume given its cargo lifting capability one very large open cargo hold for the big iron/vehicles/power armor storage. Probably a second smaller troop assembly area bare minimum seats packed pretty close together. The big question would be how much crew space is needed. Obviously there is a cockpit area probably with bunks/sleeper areas. The turrets may or may not be manned if they are then there would be walkways/cooridors rooms for that although it is possible that they are operated from gunenr stations in the cockpit. Frankly the later would probably be the safer having the gunners in the most armored spot possible instead of being in the turret blisters.

Something along the lines of the C130 or that huge russian transport are likely form follows function to a large extant when dealing with mass cargo haulers.
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Unread post by Phaze »

Alright... Good info to know. I might crack open my Campain Cartagrapher and try a hand at making a map for the fun of it.

Does it have stats such as height, length , and width?
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yes the description has the basic stats of lenght/height/width and also some information on how much of certain big items it can contain for things like deaths head transports and the size information of those gives at least a bit of an idea how big the cargo bays are.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Possibly an upper troop deck and side walkways to access the lateral point defense gun turrets.

Then again, I'm using car ferries as a conceptual image to wrap my mind around the size of the DHTs.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:Are the guns on a deaths head controlled from the mount our by the pilot or copilot? And why the crap isn't it equipped with flares?

because your assuming that missiles are only heat seaking. What if they're multi sensorsd and combine radar, heat signature and visual/video recognition? A flare, or chaff or cammoflauge won't work by itself.

Then pretend I said "dedicated missile defense" :P
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

I'm with you, of course it should have dedicated missile defense. Flares, chaffs, and video blinding lasers, or whatever it needs to have a chance to defeat whatever rifts tech missiles use to track.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alrik Vas wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Then pretend I said "dedicated missile defense" :P

Alright pretending engaged... Yeah no kidding they should have dedicated anti missile fragmentation minimissile launchers with a rapid fire long range lasers that do a few MD on all CS vehicles. That way, it has unlimited ammo to try to destroy volleys and if it gets too close an increased chance to do the same with mini missiles.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jerell wrote:I'm with you, of course it should have dedicated missile defense. Flares, chaffs, and video blinding lasers, or whatever it needs to have a chance to defeat whatever rifts tech missiles use to track.

What if it uses innertial guidance that is updated by encrypted burst transmission from the launching mechs sensor system? What if... Meh, just blow them up.
Alrik Vas
Knight

but only because shooting down missiles is totally a thing. And yeah, shooting them down with automated turrets and mini-missile launchers is g2g for me. And i agree, the majority of their hardware should have these systems.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alrik Vas wrote:but only because shooting down missiles is totally a thing. And yeah, shooting them down with automated turrets and mini-missile launchers is g2g for me. And i agree, the majority of their hardware should have these systems.

I figure all the land vehicles can have four clear domes. One on each flank and front and back all at a 45 degree angle on the edge. Each one is a scatter array, cuz it is a lot simpler than they (PB) are trying to make it out to be with NG stealing Wilks design and not being in ble to figure out how to split a laser.:facepalm: all four are powered or rather fed by the same laser that has its beam directed where ever its needed.

Return to “Rifts®”