W.P. Quickdraw

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

alogan
D-Bee

W.P. Quickdraw

Unread post by alogan »

What book did W.P. Quickdraw appear in? It is listed in RUE under ancient weapon proficiencies, but its description of its initiative bonus to 'draw and fire or throw' weapons makes it sound like it's compatible with modern weapon proficiencies. Anyone know the original intent of this W.P.? I'm assuming that the initiative bonus doesn't count in unarmed combat but the description is so short that I honestly can't tell what all this might refer to. The description is just a bit too vague, or to use a synonym: Palladium-ish.
guardiandashi
Hero

Re: W.P. Quickdraw

Unread post by guardiandashi »

alogan wrote:What book did W.P. Quickdraw appear in? It is listed in RUE under ancient weapon proficiencies, but its description of its initiative bonus to 'draw and fire or throw' weapons makes it sound like it's compatible with modern weapon proficiencies. Anyone know the original intent of this W.P.? I'm assuming that the initiative bonus doesn't count in unarmed combat but the description is so short that I honestly can't tell what all this might refer to. The description is just a bit too vague, or to use a synonym: Palladium-ish.

new west I think, although quickdraw in the index refers you to the gunfighter occ
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

alogan wrote:What book did W.P. Quickdraw appear in? It is listed in RUE under ancient weapon proficiencies, but its description of its initiative bonus to 'draw and fire or throw' weapons makes it sound like it's compatible with modern weapon proficiencies. Anyone know the original intent of this W.P.? I'm assuming that the initiative bonus doesn't count in unarmed combat but the description is so short that I honestly can't tell what all this might refer to. The description is just a bit too vague, or to use a synonym: Palladium-ish.

Rifts - World Book 14 - New West
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
alogan
D-Bee

Unread post by alogan »

Never got a reply on this point: Does WP Quickdraw apply to
a) Ancient weapons only (since it is listed in the ancient WP listings)
b) Modern weapons only (since the description details drawing and firing/throwing your weapons)
c) All of the above
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Unread post by Athos »

It says it modifies your initiative, so I let it apply to all of the above. Most characters will only get a +1 or +2 bonus with it anyways, so it isn't that crazy for a skill.

Return to “Rifts®”