Yeno GunSlingers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Yeno GunSlingers

Unread post by Secondhand Smoke »

Kick A**e!

Seriously, you guys got to check them out. Stick 'em in a MDC Poncho for extra badassitude and style and make sure they have a cigar in their mouths at all times!
Their cantankerous nature mixed with being a deadly slinger works beautifully, I've taken a lot of inspiration from Tuco in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly in how I play mine and it is without a doubt the most fun I've had.

Anyway I need to clear up some confusion so I submit myself to your bloated knowledge of all things dice.

In Rifts Canada the Yeno is shown as being a minor MDC being however in D-Bees of NA it is shown as an SDC being with MDC Hit Points....
So what is it?

Lastly this text here
"Yeno Energy Weavers are notorious for taking up the profession
of assassin, killer for hire, bounty hunter, bandit and Gunslinger
(the latter may use a handgun as well as his own natural
energy blasts)." - Canada page 139.

This seems to suggest his slinging bonus apply to his energy blasts. Which logically makes sense, because if I could shoot projectiles out of my hand at will you can bet your sweet ass I'm going to train my aim and quick draw with it.
Also it makes the Yeno that much more badass. (More akin to what the Psi-Slinger should have been imo)

Anyway your thoughts?
Insert philosophical quote here
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer
Comment: Dear life, when i said "can my life get any worse" it was a rhetorical question not a challenge

Re: Yeno GunSlingers

Just to add, our group has been treating it as a minor MDC being but the fact it is able to splits it's damage between SDC and MDC (Energy Blasts) and the two differing Health Stats does have me confused.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

The accepted practice is that newer books trump older ones, thus DBees of NA would take precedence. However, if your group decides to use the Canada description (with MDC), or decides to use both types simultaneously, it's all good.

Personally, I would not add his Gunslinger bonuses to the natural energy blasts, but it's a GM's decision. Your mileage may vary.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

So that means, once you manage to deplete a Yeno's SDC, the only way to kill him is to pull out an MDC weapon and attack his MDC hitpoints? D-Bees of NA

Or Canada, no he's just a minor mdc being.

I know I've repeated myself and thank you for a response. But surely they got the description in D-Bees of NA wrong?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I would say that the 'SDC with MD HP' thing means that they can be cut, bleed, etc from SDC attacks....but those wont KILL them. So if you shoot them with a SDC pistol they will take damage, and bleed. They will get real mad at you and shoot you back...but your not going to KILL them that way.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

This is about the stupid +1d6 M.D. per level of experience isn't it?

D-Bee's of NA, pg 216 wrote:Hit Points: 1D6+P.E. attribute number, +1D6 M.D. per level of experience, starting at level one.

I'd say its a simple case of the M.D. not being replaced with H.P.

This is reinforced by this quote.

D-Bee's of NA, pg 216 wrote:M.D.C.: Via body armor or natural M.D.C. force field (see Natural Abilities).
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Slight001 wrote:This is about the stupid +1d6 M.D. per level of experience isn't it?

D-Bee's of NA, pg 216 wrote:Hit Points: 1D6+P.E. attribute number, +1D6 M.D. per level of experience, starting at level one.

I'd say its a simple case of the M.D. not being replaced with H.P.

This is reinforced by this quote.

D-Bee's of NA, pg 216 wrote:M.D.C.: Via body armor or natural M.D.C. force field (see Natural Abilities).

So the Yeno is SDC, but its Force Field is MDC....
(Note I really should go dig out my WB 30 for this I guess.......)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

I believe the MD HP thing was a simple typo or cut/paste error.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Secondhand Smoke
Explorer

I've just realised what they did. They stripped him of his original role as an mdc d-bee and made him an sdc d-bee but decided to give him a few mdc in hitpoints instead. So to truly finish him off you would need a MDC weapon, but he is vulnerable to sdc.
However as part of the trade off they significantly strengthened his forceshield.
His forcefield from canada was 30mdc +10mdc per level,
Which has now become 2d4x10+PE MDC + 3D8mdc per level.

Makes sense to me now, thank you all for the help. I'll inform the GM and make adjustments to my sheet (tbh I quite like it more as this, adds even more flavour)
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

No I think that as others have said it was bad copy and pasting and the MD in Hit Points wasn't changed when they made them SDC and upped the MDC on his force field. This would be the only being that is both SDC and MDC at once and while Palladium is anything but stable with the rules that just seems silly.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Daniel Stoker wrote:No I think that as others have said it was bad copy and pasting and the MD in Hit Points wasn't changed when they made them SDC and upped the MDC on his force field. This would be the only being that is both SDC and MDC at once and while Palladium is anything but stable with the rules that just seems silly.

Daniel Stoker

This
Yeno have
Personal SDC
Personal HP
Force Field MDC
(this is especially evident when it says that they only have MDC by 'armor or force field....)

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

eliakon wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:No I think that as others have said it was bad copy and pasting and the MD in Hit Points wasn't changed when they made them SDC and upped the MDC on his force field. This would be the only being that is both SDC and MDC at once and while Palladium is anything but stable with the rules that just seems silly.

Daniel Stoker

This
Yeno have
Personal SDC
Personal HP
Force Field MDC
(this is especially evident when it says that they only have MDC by 'armor or force field....)

so... Would this be thirding or forting the motion? Should we form a board and call for a vote :lol:
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”