Reusable TW grenades?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

StormSeeker
D-Bee

Reusable TW grenades?

Unread post by StormSeeker »

Given that the Wilk's Beehive and blinder granades are rechargable and reusable, wouldn't that make them a good basis to adapt into a reusable TW grenade? Especially for converting the blinder to blinding flash, though the non-magic blinder is actually more effective in terms of game mechanics imo.

What do you guys think about using a beehive to make a reusable magic net or CoA grenade?
What I really want to make is a couple reusable sonic blast grenades. If you were gm'ing, would you permit it?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Reusable TW grenades?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I'd permit it.

I mean, if the PCs want to use grenades that can be picked up and thrown back at them, who am I to get in the way?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

I would allow it. Then again, I think that grenades are normally seen as a one-use disposable weapon, and so the Goblin Bombs (Book of Magic, p. 328) would be designed with the One-Use TW modifier. If the grenade wasn't built that way, sure.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Since their are already examples or reusable grenades (Arnzo makes some for instance) I don't see why not.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
StormSeeker
D-Bee

Killer Cyborg wrote:I'd permit it.

I mean, if the PCs want to use grenades that can be picked up and thrown back at them, who am I to get in the way?

That's a really good point I hadn't considered. I'm probably better off modifying a grenade launcher, maybe using throwing stones as a secondary spell to make the sonic blast grenade-like.
StormSeeker
D-Bee

eliakon wrote:Since their are already examples or reusable grenades (Arnzo makes some for instance) I don't see why not.

Good catch, I never noticed before that the steam grenade says it can be recharged "at least 60 times" before burning out. I'd make it something like 10 uses per device level with an increasing % to fail after those uses.... no, wait, on second thought, keeping track is probably more work than it worth. Either it's rechargeable or it isn't is much simpler and easier.
McFacemelt
Wanderer
Comment: Now go away, or I will be forced to taunt you a second time.

Unread post by McFacemelt »

You don't even have to make it a grenade.

TW Butter Knife of Blinding Flash was built by one of my player's and has caused more laughs than any other TW item in our games.

It is essentially a flash grenade, but whenever you hit an opponent it just dings off their armor only to blind them.

Dink! "What the he... AHHH! I'm blind!

Though the TW Spork of Fear did get laughs and good RP exp for the Tick reference.
I am and shall always be the GM who gives you what you want, only to make you wish you had wanted something else.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

StormSeeker wrote:That's a really good point I hadn't considered.

I'm pretty sure KC has that tattooed somewhere.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

So I made a TW Flash/Bang/Net grenade.

Total Construction Cost = 48,100
Total Construction Time = 52 hours
Total PPE Creation Cost = 532 PPE
Gems used Amethyst 4 carats, Zircon 3 carats, Garnet Pearl & quartz 1 carat each
Total Activation cost = 27 PPE
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”