z0b's Handy Combat Spreadsheet

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

grandmaster z0b
Champion

z0b's Handy Combat Spreadsheet

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Hi all, I'm working on a spreadsheet to help me quickly make NPCs. At this stage all it does is calculate all the bonuses for your hand to hand skill plus any from a high PP, as well as the bonuses from the most common WPs; Knife, Sword, Energy Pistol, Energy Rifle and Heavy Energy Weapons. It's obviously a work in progress but is a big help. Here's the link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

All you need to do is fill in the green boxes: put the PP in first, then select the hand to hand skill and put in the level, then a level for WPs.

Obviously you need to add OCC bonuses etc. yourself but I might add more functionality later.

I've made the spreadsheet editable so you can put stats in but please don't change any of the formulas.

Please have a look and let me know what you think, also let me know if there are any errors.

I'm also happy to work with other people if you want to contribute and are good at excel stuff.

EDIT: I have updated the spreadsheet, it now has drop down boxes and is a bit cleaner. If you made a copy of the old one trash it and copy the new one.

SECOND EDIT: I have added skill calculation. Again it doesn't include your OCC bonuses but will calculate your base + % increase for level and IQ bonus.

Cheers
Last edited by grandmaster z0b on Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Re: z0b's Handy Combat Spreadsheet

Unread post by runebeo »

pretty good I'll try it out, just missing Commando hth
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Yeah yet to put in h2h commando or h2h dragon. Honestly I don't really like the Commando skill because it gets autododge for no apparent reason so I have left it out but I will put it in soon.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

grandmaster z0b wrote:Yeah yet to put in h2h commando or h2h dragon. Honestly I don't really like the Commando skill because it gets autododge for no apparent reason so I have left it out but I will put it in soon.

It gets autododge for the same reason so many N&S martial artists get it, extensive training. It isn't supposed to be a superpower. It just means someone is trained to dodge reflexively.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Zer0 Kay wrote:
grandmaster z0b wrote:Yeah yet to put in h2h commando or h2h dragon. Honestly I don't really like the Commando skill because it gets autododge for no apparent reason so I have left it out but I will put it in soon.

It gets autododge for the same reason so many N&S martial artists get it, extensive training. It isn't supposed to be a superpower. It just means someone is trained to dodge reflexively.

Personally I like to keep autododge only for augmented humans like juicers and crazies in Rifts, so I house rule it to only be an autododge for hand to hand combat. In any case that's just me.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

Now added h2h Commando and added drop down boxes- should be a lot cleaner and easier to use.
grandmaster z0b
Champion

I've done a second spreadsheet that does basic Skill % calculation.

Return to “Rifts®”