splicer weapon tattoo

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

splicer weapon tattoo

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Do you think a magic tattoo creating a Splicers bio-weapon would be a good idea.

After all magic tattoo's can create weapons and biological constructs, why not a bio-melee weapon.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: splicer weapon tattoo

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

It would just look like said bio-weapon, but would be just a weapons simple of if made with magic powers a magic weapon tattoo.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

I was thinking more MD without the magic additions.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

The Splicers Bio-Weapons are actual living creatures. As such I would say its a qualified yes. Yes they could be made....but they natural MDC creatures, so this would be a Monster Tattoo, not a weapons tattoo. But with in that, I would say why not? Its a living being, its not supernatural, its not intelligent....so basically its the definition of 'can be made into a monster tattoo'. However the artist will need to know the creature, probably fairly well. How well is up to the GM since its never spelled out, but I would think that having access to the creature in question to study would be a good start.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

eliakon wrote:The Splicers Bio-Weapons are actual living creatures. As such I would say its a qualified yes. Yes they could be made....but they natural MDC creatures, so this would be a Monster Tattoo, not a weapons tattoo. But with in that, I would say why not? Its a living being, its not supernatural, its not intelligent....so basically its the definition of 'can be made into a monster tattoo'. However the artist will need to know the creature, probably fairly well. How well is up to the GM since its never spelled out, but I would think that having access to the creature in question to study would be a good start.

I would have to agree with this as odd as it seems at first glance I don't see any reason the bio weapons or warmounts of splicers could not be summoned via a monster tattoo they do seem to meet all the requirements. And yes the real trick is finding somebody who can apply the tattoo who has seen one of these things in enough detail to both realize it is a living thing to make a tattoo out of in the first place and then be able to illustrate it.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Hm. Could a Conjurer create one then as well?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Glistam wrote:Hm. Could a Conjurer create one then as well?

I don't think so conj I don't believe can summon MDC animals only SDC ones which would eliminate all the splicer bio weapons/armor/warmounts.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Is there anything explicitly forbidding MDC creatures? They'd all certainly fall into the 'over 50 hit points' range of PPE cost, The 'add PPE to make it an MDC material' part seems to refer just to objects/weapons so no mega-damage bullfrogs.

There is an implication of it being non-MDC though "animals have average statistics and hit points/SDC" and only giving HP-based PPE amounts.

Of course, there are things out there like the Land Ray which are SDC monsters but who have the power to make MDC force fields :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

A new tattoo category sounds like a good solution. Trying to call them monster tats or weapon tats is just not reasonable. A new category with some new tricks thrown in makes more sense.

Return to “Rifts®”