New Dragon-God

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: New Dragon-God

Unread post by NMI »

Moved to Rifts per OP suggestion.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Goliath Strongarm wrote:It's been said before that PF was just Kevin's homebrew and houserule D&D.

Question is by whom, basically.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Tor wrote:
Goliath Strongarm wrote:It's been said before that PF was just Kevin's homebrew and houserule D&D.

That and when does a homebrew DnD become a system of its own?
I mean if I were to take Palladium's rules and change them by 5% would it be a different game? 10% 20% When does it become no longer homebrew palladium fantasy and instead another game unto itself?
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Thinyser wrote:
Tor wrote:

That and when does a homebrew DnD become a system of its own?
I mean if I were to take Palladium's rules and change them by 5% would it be a different game? 10% 20% When does it become no longer homebrew palladium fantasy and instead another game unto itself?

Fascinating question....perhaps in its own thread might be better though? I don't think a discussion on Thinyser's idea of a dragon god really needs to be hijacked on a question of what the nature of the Palladium gaming system is.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

good idea Eliakon Here it is.
viewtopic.php?f=34&t=144607
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Rifts®”