How to make a better GB?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: How to make a better GB?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:The PFRPG Alchemist Enchantment is specifically on the armor, not the person wearing it.
It's just a way to wear armor without people knowing it.
If they had a permanent enchantment that would cloak the person wearing the armor as well, I would have gone with that, but they don't.

Ah. But the higher would still be better because it wouldn't leave footprints or make heavy footsteps so it really would look like your walking in air and when you point people just explode.

Not sure what "the higher" refers to in that sentence.

Higher invisibility, can't remember if it's superior or improved or if invisibility is before or after the descriptive. And there is no point telling me cuz I'll just forget it in two minutes. :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:The PFRPG Alchemist Enchantment is specifically on the armor, not the person wearing it.
If they had a permanent enchantment that would cloak the person wearing the armor as well, I would have gone with that, but they don't.

Ah. But the higher would still be better because it wouldn't leave footprints or make heavy footsteps so it really would look like your walking in air and when you point people just explode.

Higher invisibility, can't remember if it's superior or improved or if invisibility is before or after the descriptive. And there is no point telling me cuz I'll just forget it in two minutes. :)

Well, again, it's not an option for alchemist enchanted armor, unless you get it as a spell-ability.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Invisibility: Superior... the higher form of invisibility
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Thinyser wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Invisibility: Superior... the higher form of invisibility

:) Huh? What's that?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Unread post by GBAnnihilator »

Alrik Vas wrote:There was an NPC in a game long ago (depicted in my sig, Operation Sniper Wolf) that was a glitter boy borg. He had black chromium armor and some kind of TW enchantment that silenced his boom gun. Wasn't the kind of guy you wanted to mess with.

I know this was your campaign, but the only thing you could silence would be the recoil system. The Sonic Boom comes from the object/projectile hitting the sound barrier.
Now if you could create a mystic portal the size of the barrel at the end of the Boom Gun every time you pulled the trigger, now that would be terrifying! You wouldn't need silence, they wouldn't know where you were firing from! :D :lol:
“He's not a killer. He just wins... Thoroughly”--Graff
"You tried to kill me! You couldn't even kill my boredom!"--Zoro
"Don't Believe in the Me who Believes in You! Don't Believe in the You who Believes Me! BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIVES IN YOURSELF!!!" -Kamina
"Time to Toss the Dice!" -Matrim (Mat) Cauthon
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

The round was silenced through the barrel, the GM explained that the round broke the sound barrier before it left, so that's how he could silence his shot. Though that didn't keep it from making a racket and pushing air around afterward. Really, much like a suppressor, it only helped at long distances.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Alrik Vas wrote:The round was silenced through the barrel, the GM explained that the round broke the sound barrier before it left, so that's how he could silence his shot. Though that didn't keep it from making a racket and pushing air around afterward. Really, much like a suppressor, it only helped at long distances.

One would think if it put the Silence spell on the round then it would cancel the Boom effect since the spell itself has no limits given on how loud a sound it can negate (which would mean the spell basically smooths out the air preventing it from creating a shockwave as it travels through it).
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

If you want a nice anti-supernatural Glitter Boy you just need the Enchant Weapon ritual from Nightbane, it works on anything including modern weapons causing them to deal double damage to supernatural/magical creatures including vampires so now instead of dealing 3d6x10 the Boom Gun deals 3d6x20.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

this wasn't anti-supernatural, but that would be nice.

Then you could have an Apok pilot it...
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alrik Vas wrote:The round was silenced through the barrel, the GM explained that the round broke the sound barrier before it left, so that's how he could silence his shot. Though that didn't keep it from making a racket and pushing air around afterward. Really, much like a suppressor, it only helped at long distances.

GM wrong, sonic booms don't work that way. The object doesn't make the noise the shockwave does and it conveniently... or not so conveniently makes noise along its entire path of the object breaking the sound barrier. So it may be silenced inside the barrel but as soon as it breaks the area of effect... BOOM, BOOM. That is why I suggested a TW device like a circle that put silence on the object passing through the barrel instead of the barrel itself. Also keeps the cost down of actually having to cast it on every shell.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Meh, while it's nice to know (really) one of the advantages of RPGs with magic is you don't need to have the science down pat. I translated his explanation into "I'm the GM and I wanted it to be quiet, let's not go back to college over this." Worked for me.

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Alrik Vas wrote:Meh, while it's nice to know (really) one of the advantages of RPGs with magic is you don't need to have the science down pat. I translated his explanation into "I'm the GM and I wanted it to be quiet, let's not go back to college over this." Worked for me.

:lol: I think someone already explained that as"because shut up". :)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

My idea of a better GB is drop the main boomgun and equip Super Samas jet boosters & its duel plasma cannon system to it. lastly add some Chaff-Flare Decoys from the Wild Weasel Samas
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

runebeo wrote:My idea of a better GB is drop the main boomgun and equip Super Samas jet boosters & its duel plasma cannon system to it. lastly add some Chaff-Flare Decoys from the Wild Weasel Samas

is it anywhere near the weight of a SuperSam?
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

have to look it up when i get home but i think so, plus minus the weight from the boomgun and say reduce speed to 300+
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

runebeo wrote:have to look it up when i get home but i think so, plus minus the weight from the boomgun and say reduce speed to 300+

I'd say do that but put two samas engines on. Replace the boom gun with a Gattling railgun, only slightly less powerful so a single shot will only slow it down a little a short burst would put it into a hover and long burst would make it start going backwards. A bunch of mini missiles and we've got the Rifts A-10
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
runebeo wrote:have to look it up when i get home but i think so, plus minus the weight from the boomgun and say reduce speed to 300+

I'd say do that but put two samas engines on. Replace the boom gun with a Gattling railgun, only slightly less powerful so a single shot will only slow it down a little a short burst would put it into a hover and long burst would make it start going backwards. A bunch of mini missiles and we've got the Rifts A-10

turns out Super Samas is twice as heavy as the GB because of the engine. We could still trimming down extra parts could lighten the GB even more.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

runebeo wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

turns out Super Samas is twice as heavy as the GB because of the engine. We could still trimming down extra parts could lighten the GB even more.

still like the idea of turning it into a PA A-10
Alrik Vas
Knight

It's probably not just the engine that makes the Super SAM heavy, the armor materials are likely not as efficient and they needed more to provide less protection. Just a thought.

Though turning the GB into a flyer with a heavy mounted full auto rail gun is interesting. They have one such weapon on the GAW A-10.

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

For an A-10 inspired aircraft I'd go with the Warbird sky cycle from Coalition War Campaign. It's got a triple rail gun that hits for 3D6*10, bombs that hit for 4D6*10 each, plus other armaments. All it really needs is some additional armor, most likely in the form of an energy shield.

(I'm a big fan of CS sky cycles because they can quickly cover a lot of ground and bring good support to ground forces. I imagine them as first responders each time a ground unit reports hostile contact.)
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Wind Jammer has always been my favorite vehicle in the game for its look, damage and sonic speed. The Warbird is a real killer and I always thought thats what CS send after Glitter Boys, Dragons and Gods, just needs some NGR Depleted Uranium rounds too really say "Checkmate!"
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

runebeo wrote:Wind Jammer has always been my favorite vehicle in the game for its look, damage and sonic speed. The Warbird is a real killer and I always thought thats what CS send after Glitter Boys, Dragons and Gods, just needs some NGR Depleted Uranium rounds too really say "Checkmate!"

Wouldn't that just be check? Checkmate being U-rounds?

Return to “Rifts®”