Better GB Killer!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What type of fighting style should the new GBK focus on?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:45 am

Melee
26%
Ranged
20%
Both
54%

Total votes: 35

sanka
D-Bee

Re: Better GB Killer!

Unread post by sanka »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm surprised that they don't have a setup like the one that the US Army was considering where a Stryker is modified so it only has the drivers position and the entire rear of the vehicle is vertical missile launch tubes. The unit follows behind an advancing line, designated soldiers are equipped with an under barrel laser marker that remote launches a missile from the vehicle. That would be awesome if they did that with a Mark V APC. those things are so tall they could have four SRM per VLT, 2 MRM per VLT or 1 LRM... heck with the tech they should have they could have a mix of missiles on board and allow the soldiers to call up whatever they need.

Katchouska with laser guided SRM's.. Close to the same thing....
GBAnnihilator
Wanderer

Unread post by GBAnnihilator »

sanka wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:I'm surprised that they don't have a setup like the one that the US Army was considering where a Stryker is modified so it only has the drivers position and the entire rear of the vehicle is vertical missile launch tubes. The unit follows behind an advancing line, designated soldiers are equipped with an under barrel laser marker that remote launches a missile from the vehicle. That would be awesome if they did that with a Mark V APC. those things are so tall they could have four SRM per VLT, 2 MRM per VLT or 1 LRM... heck with the tech they should have they could have a mix of missiles on board and allow the soldiers to call up whatever they need.

Katchouska with laser guided SRM's.. Close to the same thing....

The GB can easily wipe out a squad before they can even sight in the GB and turn on the laser, because he would see them long before they saw him. You also can't forget the Quebecies have the Guardian (which could easily obliterate a GB from miles away, but it's on their side), it's payload of mini-missiles could destroy a threat before it got close enough to be one. Something that could get in quickly and take out the Boomgun would be perfect.
I think it was suggested before, but, what if a cyborg or better yet a skelebot was created small enough and quick enough to get a negative to strike while carrying mini-missiles. All it would be programmed to do would be - find GB, lock onto railgun and fire. Have the missiles spread so they don't chain. Just give it flares incase of the Guardian.
“He's not a killer. He just wins... Thoroughly”--Graff
"You tried to kill me! You couldn't even kill my boredom!"--Zoro
"Don't Believe in the Me who Believes in You! Don't Believe in the You who Believes Me! BELIEVE IN THE YOU WHO BELIVES IN YOURSELF!!!" -Kamina
"Time to Toss the Dice!" -Matrim (Mat) Cauthon
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

GBAnnihilator wrote:
sanka wrote:Katchouska with laser guided SRM's.. Close to the same thing....

The GB can easily wipe out a squad before they can even sight in the GB and turn on the laser, because he would see them long before they saw him.

Are there no laser guidance systems that go beyond 11 000 feet?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Locked for necro-posting.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Rifts®”