and now let us Munchkin

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: and now let us Munchkin

Unread post by say652 »

You dont need to take the rune amith as an occ, its a racial ability.

Asgardian Elf. Oni Ninja.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Oni frequently train other races as well. Sdc beings become mdc. Mdc beings gain bonuses.

I'm not sure if you're messing with me ir just seeing if I read the rcc. Hmmm Ninjabunny test perhaps??
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:You dont need to take the rune amith as an occ, its a racial ability.

Asgardian Elf. Oni Ninja.

Did you READ the book?
"Rune Smith O.C.C....."
That sort of suggests that, yes it is in fact, an O.C.C.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

say652 wrote:Lmao.

Everyone should try playing a t-man right? I mean there's a sense of self empowerment and they kinda become something different than what they were before... I mean I know you can do the same thing with a juicer or cra... What? Why are you laughing? Is it something I said? I don't see anything funny about juicer granted they sound like an appliance... Stop laughing.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

T-man=DragKing.
Tis funny.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:T-man=DragKing.
Tis funny.

dang they really need a emote for roflmao dang, funny. But come on now all Dragkings aren't necessarily equal to T-Men some just put on the scales but don't get the ink.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Splynn Dimensional Market, pg 107 wrote: most human mutants cannot utilize Tattoo magic. This includes humans with supernatural level abilities, such as those listed in Skraypers and Heroes Unlimited.

So Any "super" that has powers, that do not make them "Supernatural" or APS (far as I know) can in fact utilize the tattoo's according to a world book canon.

So multiple people who have (in this thread) making "general" statements about supers not being able to utilize Splugorthian Tattoo's are in fact wrong. According to Raw in a world book as Cited.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Ninjabunny wrote:
say652 wrote:Oni frequently train other races as well. Sdc beings become mdc. Mdc beings gain bonuses.

I'm not sure if you're messing with me ir just seeing if I read the rcc. Hmmm Ninjabunny test perhaps??

You are correct (if this is how you choose to apply it in your game as the gm note states it is up to the individual game master if it is true) but those idvidual would be ninja,(granted they gain the same base ability a and exp table) not ONI ninja. Which as I said according to page 19 of the third printing December of 2004 only ONI are trained to be ONI-ninja. Just like ninja bunny would e the only ninja bunny all others would just be ninja trained by them. ;)

Kokura sami *raises head from kneeling stance claps three times and bows* sensai.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

True. They are in fact in this case. Asgardian Elf trained in Oni ninjutsu.
So by name Asgardian Elven "Ninja" of course the ninja "style" being Oni.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Hystrix wrote:Rifter #9 (the one with the Ninja Turtles on the cover).
This made me smile because I love that cover and the astral stuff in the book, but then you made me think of the upcoming Michael Bay mess that commercials started televising for and I lost my smile.

Hystrix wrote:
Tor wrote:A large amount of HU errata in the Rifters was also included in the Game Master Guide right? Kind of like how a lot of Rifts errata ended up in its own GMG...So this dispute could be resolved by giving number/page of rifter or page of HUGMG.
According to the first paragraph on page 48 it is "official" material cut from WB 21 due to page limitations. Plus the material was written by Mark Sumimoto (the original author of WB 21) and Kevin Siembieda. It wasn't just some random submission (no offense to guys writing random submissions to the Rifter).
I'm aware of the additional bio-borgs in this book but am confused how it relates to a discussion of HU errata. Wasn't the discussion about Sonic Speed and stuff?

Crucible wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:there is a list of races that can. amazons are not one of those races.
Could have sworn they are a race of modded humans...
Amazons are a race of modified humans, but have never explicitly been listed as being able to get tattoos. I don't recall whether or not SA1 addressed the issue. Doing so would've been a good idea considering they were living along-side Atlanteans.

Splynn Dimensional Market explicitly groups them with Corrupt as human variants who can't get magical tattoos though. Although I do wonder what happens to someone already having tattoos who later becomes a Corrupt... not an issue with Amazons since they're borne that way.

The ruling post-Splynn is clear. Pre-Splynn it was open to GM interpretation whether or not Amazons could get the tats, unless I forgot some contrary statement buried in SA1 or some errata.

Shark_Force wrote:if they wanted to have amazons able to use tattoos, they would have said it.
Conversely one could argue that if CJ did NOT want them to have tats, he would have explicitly forbidden it.

Zer0 Kay wrote:You can tattoo mdc creatures with regular ink... Unless they have bio regeneration which will reject the ink.

Source? The badass Gurgoyle getting a tattoo on page 30 in SDM may be upset to learn this.

Shark_Force wrote:sea titans are no longer humans (as evidenced by the fact that they have a distinct race which is not human).
Having your own RCC does not mean you are no longer human. Unless it explicitly says somewhere that Sea Titans are not human, I consider them enhanced humans.

Shark_Force wrote:if two rifts earth humans had a child on wormwood, that child would be an MDC being.
So long as they lived a year or two (I forget which) prior to the birth this would be correct. There is a minimum waiting period to avoid pop-in MDC transformations.

Shark_Force wrote:martial artists from N&S are perfectly ordinary humans and should be fine
Perfectly ordinary humans who may turn MDC via body hardening? Doubtful.

Shark_Force wrote:robotics, no problem for pilots (but transferred intelligences and AIs would be unable, of course).
Transferred intelligence can be temporary, so your original body could have them, but obviously couldn't use them while in the robot.

Shark_Force wrote:i seem to recall psychic characters and more than 6 tattoos being incompatible, though i don't have the book on hand to check atm.
Originally I do not know of any incompatibility. SDMp107 addresses this issue in the last 2 paragraphs but is somewhat vague about it.

Atlanteans who get tattoos during youth can use them. Presumably they receive all the normal PPE and SDC bonuses per tattoo. AtlantisPg16 sas 6 PPE and 10 SDC per. As these are presented as racial abilities, this leads me to assume that normal humans/ogres/elves do not receive additional SDC or PPE from tattoos. The only exception for that I think would be if they receive enough to change to one of the various tattoo OCCs, as those do receive PPE bonuses and MDC bonuses per tat, which vary based on the class.

We are told that Atlanteans who become T-Men (which I think generally is accepted to mean 7+ making you MDC) can't develope master psionics. So if a potential Master whose power has not blossomed gets too many tats, no Bleeding/Melting for them, regardless of potential.

An Atlantean child could get 6 (with all the +36 PPE and +60 SDC goodness) and still become a full Master Psionic though. Furthermore, it says that Atlanteans master psionics CAN continue to get magical tattoos.

The difference though, is that they don't receive bonus PPE from them (meaning you only get the bonus PPE for the first 6, not 7 and on) and that they will not turn you to MDC. Presumably they would continue to get SDC bonuses though. I think it would still also prevent you from learning magical abilities.

Where I'm left guessing is how to deal with non-Atlantean master psis. We're told they can't build any more PPE, but that is already true of Master-Psi-True-Atlanteans so it's not exactly a difference (they stop gaining PPE for new tats as soon as their psi turns master). So what about humans raised as slaves who get tats as kids prior to becoming full master psionics?

That we're told master psis can't build PPE is also odd: True Atlanteans are the only ones (besides tattoo classes) who get bonus PPE from tats, so why mention that master psis don't get it, when no other race would get it anyway?

All we know is that in 'most' cases master psis can't get new tats. The impression is that True Atlanteans are one exception to that, that they can continue to get them, but just can't build more PPE (but presumably build more options and more SDC) but it's not clear whether they're the ONLY exception or if others might exist. If others did, I don't know what they would be...

say652 wrote:Besides the awesome stat buffering, mystical bestowed abilities can grant spell use insrrad of super powers. So tats ARE back on the table. Jussayin

Since when are magic tattoos magic spells?

Giant2005 wrote:Master is off the table unless you are a True Atlantean. The Makrs of Heritage have their usual effects on a Master Psychic True Atlantean but further Tattoos don't provide P.P.E. or turn them into M.D. beings but the tattoos themselves work fine.

I think other tats besides the MoH received in childhood (up to 4, since 5 would total 7 and make you MDC and kill your psionic development) would also add PPE.

Zer0 Kay wrote:If super powers are a limiting factor then wormwood humans and N&S martial artists shouldn't be able to get magic tats because an sdc being becoming an mdc creature is pretty super and N&S Martial artists become MDC creatures depending on their martial art abilities per the conversion book.

Being MDC isn't enough, otherwise 7 would be the most tats anyone could get. We know for certain that MDC humans can get tattoos.

Supposedly humans changed into supernatural beings can't, even though both Undead Slayers and Monster Hunters clearly contradict this...

I think it's possible to say that SOME kinds of supernatural creatures (Corrupt, Amazons) can't get tats without saying ALL of them can't. Leave some GM wiggle-room. I'd like to throw Cosmo-Knights into the Corrupt category.

say652 wrote:In Heroes Unlimited. True Atlanteans are technically Aliens. Lol

Unless they came from an Atlantis native to the HU dimension :)

say652 wrote:those idvidual would be ninja,(granted they gain the same base ability a and exp table) not ONI ninja.
They may still be referred to as Oni Ninja, as that name can refer to an Oni-style Ninja and not necessarily mean that the Ninja is of the Oni race. We are not absolutely told what to refer to them as, and to call them Oni Ninja wouldn't be the end of the world.

We could go with "Oninese Ninja" if it would avoid confusion. Much like we would call a human a "Noro Psychic" to distinsguish them from other kinds of psychic. Although in that case the preferable substitute 'Ghostmaker' exists.

Rappanui wrote:your lack of english comprehension is staggering.
Could you clarify to whom you are responding and which particular point you are talking about?

People are pointing out ambiguity with RCCs regarding whether the inclusion of a race refers to the style of a class open to other races but originated from 1 (for example "Amaki Duelist" or "Noro Ghostmaker" or "Larhold Human Renegade") or whether it specifically describes being a member of that race.

I am of the mind that a race's inclusion in a title does NOT refer to a person being of that race, but merely the race's influence on that class's development. The Larhold Human Renegade is a perfect example of that (although it is open to other races besides human so... meh)

Sometimes classes like these are specific only to a certain race (only Prometheans can be Time Masters, only Fallam can be Battlemasters) but in those cases it is spelled out, and I still think the racial name is describing the race that originated the class.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tor wrote:
Hystrix wrote:Rifter #9 (the one with the Ninja Turtles on the cover).
This made me smile because I love that cover and the astral stuff in the book, but then you made me think of the upcoming Michael Bay mess that commercials started televising for and I lost my smile.

Hystrix wrote:
Tor wrote:A large amount of HU errata in the Rifters was also included in the Game Master Guide right? Kind of like how a lot of Rifts errata ended up in its own GMG...So this dispute could be resolved by giving number/page of rifter or page of HUGMG.
According to the first paragraph on page 48 it is "official" material cut from WB 21 due to page limitations. Plus the material was written by Mark Sumimoto (the original author of WB 21) and Kevin Siembieda. It wasn't just some random submission (no offense to guys writing random submissions to the Rifter).
I'm aware of the additional bio-borgs in this book but am confused how it relates to a discussion of HU errata. Wasn't the discussion about Sonic Speed and stuff?

Crucible wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:there is a list of races that can. amazons are not one of those races.
Could have sworn they are a race of modded humans...
Amazons are a race of modified humans, but have never explicitly been listed as being able to get tattoos. I don't recall whether or not SA1 addressed the issue. Doing so would've been a good idea considering they were living along-side Atlanteans.

Splynn Dimensional Market explicitly groups them with Corrupt as human variants who can't get magical tattoos though. Although I do wonder what happens to someone already having tattoos who later becomes a Corrupt... not an issue with Amazons since they're borne that way.

The ruling post-Splynn is clear. Pre-Splynn it was open to GM interpretation whether or not Amazons could get the tats, unless I forgot some contrary statement buried in SA1 or some errata.

Shark_Force wrote:if they wanted to have amazons able to use tattoos, they would have said it.
Conversely one could argue that if CJ did NOT want them to have tats, he would have explicitly forbidden it.

Zer0 Kay wrote:You can tattoo mdc creatures with regular ink... Unless they have bio regeneration which will reject the ink.

Source? The badass Gurgoyle getting a tattoo on page 30 in SDM may be upset to learn this.

Shark_Force wrote:sea titans are no longer humans (as evidenced by the fact that they have a distinct race which is not human).
Having your own RCC does not mean you are no longer human. Unless it explicitly says somewhere that Sea Titans are not human, I consider them enhanced humans.

Shark_Force wrote:if two rifts earth humans had a child on wormwood, that child would be an MDC being.
So long as they lived a year or two (I forget which) prior to the birth this would be correct. There is a minimum waiting period to avoid pop-in MDC transformations.

Shark_Force wrote:martial artists from N&S are perfectly ordinary humans and should be fine
Perfectly ordinary humans who may turn MDC via body hardening? Doubtful.

Shark_Force wrote:robotics, no problem for pilots (but transferred intelligences and AIs would be unable, of course).
Transferred intelligence can be temporary, so your original body could have them, but obviously couldn't use them while in the robot.

Shark_Force wrote:i seem to recall psychic characters and more than 6 tattoos being incompatible, though i don't have the book on hand to check atm.
Originally I do not know of any incompatibility. SDMp107 addresses this issue in the last 2 paragraphs but is somewhat vague about it.

Atlanteans who get tattoos during youth can use them. Presumably they receive all the normal PPE and SDC bonuses per tattoo. AtlantisPg16 sas 6 PPE and 10 SDC per. As these are presented as racial abilities, this leads me to assume that normal humans/ogres/elves do not receive additional SDC or PPE from tattoos. The only exception for that I think would be if they receive enough to change to one of the various tattoo OCCs, as those do receive PPE bonuses and MDC bonuses per tat, which vary based on the class.

We are told that Atlanteans who become T-Men (which I think generally is accepted to mean 7+ making you MDC) can't develope master psionics. So if a potential Master whose power has not blossomed gets too many tats, no Bleeding/Melting for them, regardless of potential.

An Atlantean child could get 6 (with all the +36 PPE and +60 SDC goodness) and still become a full Master Psionic though. Furthermore, it says that Atlanteans master psionics CAN continue to get magical tattoos.

The difference though, is that they don't receive bonus PPE from them (meaning you only get the bonus PPE for the first 6, not 7 and on) and that they will not turn you to MDC. Presumably they would continue to get SDC bonuses though. I think it would still also prevent you from learning magical abilities.

Where I'm left guessing is how to deal with non-Atlantean master psis. We're told they can't build any more PPE, but that is already true of Master-Psi-True-Atlanteans so it's not exactly a difference (they stop gaining PPE for new tats as soon as their psi turns master). So what about humans raised as slaves who get tats as kids prior to becoming full master psionics?

That we're told master psis can't build PPE is also odd: True Atlanteans are the only ones (besides tattoo classes) who get bonus PPE from tats, so why mention that master psis don't get it, when no other race would get it anyway?

All we know is that in 'most' cases master psis can't get new tats. The impression is that True Atlanteans are one exception to that, that they can continue to get them, but just can't build more PPE (but presumably build more options and more SDC) but it's not clear whether they're the ONLY exception or if others might exist. If others did, I don't know what they would be...

say652 wrote:Besides the awesome stat buffering, mystical bestowed abilities can grant spell use insrrad of super powers. So tats ARE back on the table. Jussayin

Since when are magic tattoos magic spells?

Giant2005 wrote:Master is off the table unless you are a True Atlantean. The Makrs of Heritage have their usual effects on a Master Psychic True Atlantean but further Tattoos don't provide P.P.E. or turn them into M.D. beings but the tattoos themselves work fine.

I think other tats besides the MoH received in childhood (up to 4, since 5 would total 7 and make you MDC and kill your psionic development) would also add PPE.

Zer0 Kay wrote:If super powers are a limiting factor then wormwood humans and N&S martial artists shouldn't be able to get magic tats because an sdc being becoming an mdc creature is pretty super and N&S Martial artists become MDC creatures depending on their martial art abilities per the conversion book.

Being MDC isn't enough, otherwise 7 would be the most tats anyone could get. We know for certain that MDC humans can get tattoos.

Supposedly humans changed into supernatural beings can't, even though both Undead Slayers and Monster Hunters clearly contradict this...

I think it's possible to say that SOME kinds of supernatural creatures (Corrupt, Amazons) can't get tats without saying ALL of them can't. Leave some GM wiggle-room. I'd like to throw Cosmo-Knights into the Corrupt category.

say652 wrote:In Heroes Unlimited. True Atlanteans are technically Aliens. Lol

Unless they came from an Atlantis native to the HU dimension :)

say652 wrote:those idvidual would be ninja,(granted they gain the same base ability a and exp table) not ONI ninja.
They may still be referred to as Oni Ninja, as that name can refer to an Oni-style Ninja and not necessarily mean that the Ninja is of the Oni race. We are not absolutely told what to refer to them as, and to call them Oni Ninja wouldn't be the end of the world.

We could go with "Oninese Ninja" if it would avoid confusion. Much like we would call a human a "Noro Psychic" to distinsguish them from other kinds of psychic. Although in that case the preferable substitute 'Ghostmaker' exists.

Could you clarify to whom you are responding and which particular point you are talking about?

People are pointing out ambiguity with RCCs regarding whether the inclusion of a race refers to the style of a class open to other races but originated from 1 (for example "Amaki Duelist" or "Noro Ghostmaker" or "Larhold Human Renegade") or whether it specifically describes being a member of that race.

I am of the mind that a race's inclusion in a title does NOT refer to a person being of that race, but merely the race's influence on that class's development. The Larhold Human Renegade is a perfect example of that (although it is open to other races besides human so... meh)

Sometimes classes like these are specific only to a certain race (only Prometheans can be Time Masters, only Fallam can be Battlemasters) but in those cases it is spelled out, and I still think the racial name is describing the race that originated the class.

I either stand corrected or MAYBE they put trace amounts of radioactive material in the inks so the regeneration doesn't push out the foreign objects. Ya know that does bring up a good question... How do they get earings and other piercings? Are they all clip ons? Also, pictures are not canon
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

As is your lack of forum protocol. Who the heck are you talking to or are you trolling by posting an inflammatory statement with no discernable addressee?
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

My personal suspicion as to how a "MDC" creature can get tats, is the artist needs to use a MDC needle, also they may need to use special inks that incorporate into the body and or the tats themselves regenerate, or somehow trick the body into believing they are normal/natural and supposed to be there so that when they start regenerating the tattoos remain / regenerate as well.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Dude just quote your own line not everyone's :)

Zer0 Kay wrote:MAYBE they put trace amounts of radioactive material in the inks so the regeneration doesn't push out the foreign objects.
Are we sure that ALL foreign objects get pushed out? Brodkil have bio-regen and are able to get bionics for example.

Zer0 Kay wrote:How do they get earings and other piercings? Are they all clip ons?
Perhaps they have serrated edges that inflict damage to the flesh it's embedded in as it heals around it, so that it's never able to heal fast enough to compensate?

Zer0 Kay wrote:pictures are not canon
Source?

I can understand a preference to favor text over pics but I have never seen anything stating pictures aren't canon, I view them as a mutual if sometimes secondary canon.

In actually reading the section below cool-Gurgoyle I realize your previous statement is supported though.

"ink is enchanted to permanently color the flesh. If not for this special ink, most customers would lose their tattoos in a matter of hours, thanks to their regenerative abilities"

Of course how much regenerative ability you'd need to reject ink isn't made explicitly clear.

My personal suspicion as to how a "MDC" creature can get tats, is the artist needs to use a MDC needle
This is also described in the same paragraph.

My opinion is: you need an MDC needle if you're an MDC creature, you need magical ink if you have significant bio-regeneration, and you need both if you have both.

A werewolf for example, would not need an MDC needle, but they would need a silver one. They don't heal super-fast like vampires though, so I'm not sure if they'd need the magical ink. Even with slow damage-regen I'm inclined to think any limb-regrowers would need the magic ink though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Tor wrote:Dude just quote your own line not everyone's :)

Zer0 Kay wrote:MAYBE they put trace amounts of radioactive material in the inks so the regeneration doesn't push out the foreign objects.
Are we sure that ALL foreign objects get pushed out? Brodkil have bio-regen and are able to get bionics for example.

Zer0 Kay wrote:How do they get earings and other piercings? Are they all clip ons?
Perhaps they have serrated edges that inflict damage to the flesh it's embedded in as it heals around it, so that it's never able to heal fast enough to compensate?

Zer0 Kay wrote:pictures are not canon
Source?

I can understand a preference to favor text over pics but I have never seen anything stating pictures aren't canon, I view them as a mutual if sometimes secondary canon.

In actually reading the section below cool-Gurgoyle I realize your previous statement is supported though.

"ink is enchanted to permanently color the flesh. If not for this special ink, most customers would lose their tattoos in a matter of hours, thanks to their regenerative abilities"

Of course how much regenerative ability you'd need to reject ink isn't made explicitly clear.

My personal suspicion as to how a "MDC" creature can get tats, is the artist needs to use a MDC needle
This is also described in the same paragraph.

My opinion is: you need an MDC needle if you're an MDC creature, you need magical ink if you have significant bio-regeneration, and you need both if you have both.

A werewolf for example, would not need an MDC needle, but they would need a silver one. They don't heal super-fast like vampires though, so I'm not sure if they'd need the magical ink. Even with slow damage-regen I'm inclined to think any limb-regrowers would need the magic ink though.

Dude... I would if I wasn't using my phone. Dude if your that worked up about it then respond to each person individually. Your just making more work for yourself and responders... Dude.

Hmm interesting point, maybe it's the transformation ability of dragons and vampires that make them unable to receive cybernetics... But I don't think that's the reason it gives.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Rappanui wrote:you just said an oni ninja is an RCC. at no point does it say it is an RCC and just says it's an OCC.
:nh:
Dimension book 3, p.19 "Oni Ninja R.C.C." shown in extra large font as the title of the R.C.C.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Rappanui wrote:you just said an oni ninja is an RCC. at no point does it say it is an RCC and just says it's an OCC.

Except of course in their name, on p 19 of DB3.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Now before he chimes in again I will note it does say O.C.C. bonuses and O.C.C. Skills in the write up but this was probably due to the use of a template or some other oversight on the author's part as it was clearly intended that only Oni be able to take this C.C. unless GM allows otherwise and then they would be a "non-Oni ninja" as noted in the second column 3rd full paragraph on page 19.

Even then they would have to be a master psionic and trained by the Oni (from before they get their other powers) to get the Oni ninja abilities. After training they would be a "non-Oni ninja".
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

There's more than one kind of ninja, "Oni Ninja" is a class that refers to the Oni's style of ninja.

Zer0 Kay wrote:Your just making more work for yourself and responders... Dude.
It's the cost of avoiding annoying double-posts.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Diverting from posting munchkin character concepts.
Bring it back peeps.
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

So I used my Eugene Eugenic template and fleshed him out with stat rolls and condition of eugenic modification and disfigurements. His power list can be found here viewtopic.php?p=2801602#p2801602

Because he rolled resurrected corpse he gets his bio regen at half cost so that gave me an extra $1.5M, so I gave him bat wings. 8) Not like he really needed them, and I thought about taking some other stuff instead, but I thought it would look cool and went well with the fact that because of his rezzed corpse status he has to drink blood to live.

Eugene
Level: 1
Height 8ft
Weight 450 lbs
Genetically altered human corpse "vampire"
Alignment: Diabolic

H.F. 15
I.Q. 15
M.E. 13
M.A. 13
P.S. 95
P.P. 39
P.E. 35
P.B. 3
Spd 391 or Fly @ 100MPH up to 15,000' with bat wings
Leap 3600' across and 1800' vert, can fall 7200' and take no damage if lands on feet.

Attacks/melee: 15 (+1 SPECIAL ATTACKS/MELEE Fire breath 5d6 30' range)
HtH Martial arts
NO other skills or WP

Natural AR: 19
S.D.C: 547
H.P.: 75

INITIATIVE +11
STRIKE +12
STRIKE Webs +15
PARRY +16
DODGE +17
AUTODODGE +16
"ROLL WITH
PUNCH/FALL" +7
PULL PUNCH +5
DISARM +3

Takes NO damage from the first 20 pts dealt each rd, ½ damage after that, does not apply to energy weapons, radiation, spells, magic weapons, and most psi powers. Fire and cold do 1/2 damage.

Cast webbing from forearms, Can swing from web or use it to entangle, 5 lines is usually enough to completely entangle and pin/incapacitate the victim. Each shot counts as 1 melee attack. Can shoot 12 webs +(2/lvl) per hour.

Climb any surface with ease (90% ability). While climbing he can carry 900 lbs. at 133.3MPH, +10% to prowl when climbing above line of sight.

Flying Blades Attack: Each 30' long, blade tipped tendril, does 1d4+2d4x10+80+speed damage bonus (+4 per 20MPH up to +52 at 260MPH). Minimum damage from one tendril is 101 with no speed bonus, from a stand still he can move at 40 mph and get +8 for 109 minimum. Max Damage for ONE TENDRIL is 216 at 260MPH! Average damage is 185 at 260MPH. These can be launched in volleys of any number between 2 & 32. Even at a the minimum 40 MPH speed you can achieve from a stand still, thats 104x32 for minimum damage of 3488 damage, Max Damage is 6912 and would double on a critical to 13,824! And that is from a single volley that counts as 1 attack. The tendrils suck back in on the same action and are ready for immediate reuse!

Character is covered in horns, they protrude from his temples, shoulders, elbows, knees, hips, and all down his spine, bare handed HtH attacks against him inflict 2d10 damage to the attacker, The horns can be damaged if attacker rolls above a 16 (17 or higher) and each has 30 SDC of its own)

Character's has 2 thick fingers and a thumb on each of his 4 hands. Feet have 2 large toes each. His face has elongated into a horselike shape which combined with his horns and bulk makes him strongly resemble a minotaur but with extra horns all over. The thick fingers give -5 to skills. He has Eggshell white skin, pale blond hair and blue eyes. Dresses in a loincloth of what appears to be human skin with a bio-hazard symbol tattooed on it!

Insane: obsessed with Dr's and Surgery, Loves the blood its like Food Network!

Hope you like him. :mrgreen:

Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Just to understand the math, with PP bonuses capping at 8, where does the extra +8 to auto-dodge to cap at 16 come from?
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Tor wrote:Just to understand the math, with PP bonuses capping at 8, where does the extra +8 to auto-dodge to cap at 16 come from?

He gets 8 from PP and the rest from the actual eugenic mods. Check your PM for details. ;)
Specifically the mods of:
brain: combat/Motorhead
Extraordinary speed &
Enhanced agility & Dex
have autododge bonuses that add up to +8
another +8 from PP of 30+ and thats
+16 to autododge :demon:

Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

ItsmeYo wrote:Tmnt and other strangeness.
Pp bonuses went above +8.

Good to know for future munchkin builds but it's not what I used to get this guy's +16.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

thundercloud Galaxy wrote: pg 24.

Can have up to 10 major super abilities.

1). Super Regeneration

2). Rechannel Kinetic energy

3). Rechannel and expel energy

4). Multiple selves

5). SPS

6).super sonic flight

7). Control others

8). Super speed

9). Teleport

10 ). APS : Fire

Has 3,000 Mdc. Immune to kinetic attacks S well as energy attacks (only magic and psionic damage hits for full damage)

Regenerates at a rate of 5d6 per melee round.

At higher levels that is +1 copy that has all the abilities as the original. So at level 5 that is 4 others that have every ability except the multiple selves ability.

Teleport instantly onto target go nova.. Teleport out..

Imagine that 5 times in a row.. And it just gets nastier each level up ..
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ninjabunny wrote:Batman

Uh... Ironman. Come on no character could be more munchkinthan Lex Luthor.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Batman always wins, it's in his contract.

Ah, but the writers snuck a proviso into Batman's contract. Batman is allowed to lose ONLY IF he makes a Heroic Comeback (TM) later in the story arc.
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Ninjabunny wrote:
wyrmraker wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Batman always wins, it's in his contract.

Ah, but the writers snuck a proviso into Batman's contract. Batman is allowed to lose ONLY IF he makes a Heroic Comeback (TM) later in the story arc.

Which in the end means batman always wins.

Well, yeah... But I had to mention that bit for the sake of clarity.

Return to “Rifts®”