Defiance (SyFy)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Transcendence
Megaversal® Ambassador

Defiance (SyFy)

Unread post by Transcendence »

:-D
I'm a fan of the show and online game and watching the season premier thinking Wow this is such great stuff for inspiring a rifts game or to give players a great insight in what a mishmash world would feel like as well as an earth that's not quiet earth.

What do you guys think?

-Jim
AKA The Traveler
taalismn
Priest

Re: Defiance (SyFy)

Unread post by taalismn »

You even have an orbital debris ring that has pretty much knocked out spacebased communications and travel.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Or play it as sdc because shotguns are cool. Automatic shotguns are epic.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

sinsaint wrote:
say652 wrote:Or play it as sdc because shotguns are cool. Automatic shotguns are epic.

Note to self: Design automatic railshotgun.

That would make the automatic railshotgun.
LEGEN.......wait for it..........DARY!!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Bigbore bites. The juicer shotgun pistols rock. And what book has the AutoShotgun?
Imagine the area effect of a 40 round Buckshot Burst! !
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Back to the original post. Yea groovy idea. But if the populace has no way to inflict megadamage.... I forsee a short battle.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

So they are going to be using minor md weapons vs an alien invasion.
Mechghost
Explorer

Unread post by Mechghost »

Just picked up the Defiance PC game ($5 lol worth to try) its a FPS open world style and has Multi-player online co-op and team battles, let you know what its like when I get it installed etc
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
Mechghost
Explorer

Just picked up the Defiance PC game ($5 lol worth to try) its a FPS open world style and has Multi-player online co-op and team battles, let you know what its like when I get it installed etc
"Did you find him?"
Transcendence
Megaversal® Ambassador

You enjoying it so far? I'm loving the PS3 version, the PC versions super lag guy for me on steam.
Mechghost
Explorer

haven't had the time to get into it yet :-(
"Did you find him?"
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I'm mad because I finally got the Space channel to watch this in Canada but they're only playing recent eps and not the early ones so I can't begin following it yet. Occasionally I start a series mid-way in but only when nothing's on, not a priority with other series I'm up to date on, or brand-new stuff like Flash/Gotham starting soon
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Tor wrote:I'm mad because I finally got the Space channel to watch this in Canada but they're only playing recent eps and not the early ones so I can't begin following it yet. Occasionally I start a series mid-way in but only when nothing's on, not a priority with other series I'm up to date on, or brand-new stuff like Flash/Gotham starting soon

You should check your local movie rental places. We got a family run one that has an entire section dedicated to dvd/BR shows by season. Before I got a good enough connection for Netflix and Hulu I used to go rent a show one season at a time.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Slight001 wrote:You should check your local movie rental places. We got a family run one that has an entire section dedicated to dvd/BR shows by season. Before I got a good enough connection for Netflix and Hulu I used to go rent a show one season at a time.

those still exist near where you live?

i haven't seen a video rental place in quite a while around here...
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I enjoy defiance and the video game is pretty fun as well if you enjoy an amusing loot oriented shooter like borderlands. I love their infector sub machine guns which are fast firing weapons that basically infect their targets with those crab alien critters that spring out and attack the person that was infected.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

say652 wrote:
sinsaint wrote:
say652 wrote:Or play it as sdc because shotguns are cool. Automatic shotguns are epic.

Note to self: Design automatic railshotgun.

That would make the automatic railshotgun.
LEGEN.......wait for it..........DARY!!

Lets see... Shotgun, a firearm with a large bore originally used for hunting using multipledown shot. Normally smooth bored although some that are only designed for slugs are rifled. Cartridge consists of casing, primer, powder wadding and whatever someone wants to launch out a barrel.

Railgun two rails conducting electricity, making both eifling and a true barrel impossible. Round consists of a armature and payload of whatever someone wants to launch out a barrel.

I think it's pretty much done. The boomgun should actually be a shotgun, but it isn't like they manage rules for shotguns berry well anyway. It isn't like flichettes with did would stay together and much less likely that the boom guns blades or rods would.

Edit: very not berry, must have been having a strawberry shortcake moment. :S
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Transcendence
Megaversal® Ambassador

The only draw back is they use the St Lewis Arch in a totally different way then RIFTS ;)
I'm definitely liking the way this seasons getting back on track!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Funny I was watching this lately and was thinking it would be good as Rifts (although you'd have to destroy that magical arch in HU) and forgot replying to this thread. Would be good dimension book, or maybe HU world book.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Transcendence
Megaversal® Ambassador

Ya know it would be a great Chaos Earth location!
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

True, magic was newer and less widespread then, so it might explain why it doesn't get mentioned in the series. Or at least not in S1, which is all I've seen.

Return to “Rifts®”