Your Rifts Villian

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ronin Phoenix
Newb

Your Rifts Villian

Unread post by Ronin Phoenix »

Hello All:

I'm setting up to run Rifts again after a very long hiatus from the game (since the late 90s). For my upcoming gaming I've created a villain named Omega Khan, the back-story is this: a cabal of scientists from several of the major scientific disciplines predicted the coming of the Rifts and decided to pool together their resources to ensure their survival. As the world around them descended into chaos, the scientist were safe in their bunker preparing themselves for one last grand experiment; they would upload their consciences into a mechanical humanoid body. This body was built with the latest advances in nanotechnology and could shift from on form to another. There was only one hitch; the body and all of its advances could only be controlled by once conscience at a time. The cabal felt that they had enough time to work on this aspect and proceeded with the experiment...

My questions for you is this: do you have a homemade villain for your campaign that you would like to share? Of course nothing is entirely original but it's nice to see what others have created. Thanks for sharing!
Long ago men sat around campfires. We told stories of heroism, bravery, and great deeds. Today we do the same. Let's not forget why we enjoy this hobby.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Your Rifts Villian

Unread post by say652 »

Oddly enough my players are the villians. Mercenaries and opportunists. And they never take prisonerd ugh.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

I've got a few, however the best are the one's the actions of the Player Characters create. Tim II for example.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Crazy Hetz.

Insane cross between a TW and Dr. Bradford with access to high level magic. Came from another dimension joined the True FoM and is arming them for war.

You might get ideas from this thread.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142734
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

I'm trying to think of villains, but most of them really have a comic book type origin story. They're just people who believe different things, see the world a different way than the players and want to succeed.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

"The Mage" or "The Being"

So Shifters (is it Shifters? I don't remember) can make pacts with otherworldly beings in exchange for power; they do this by opening up a small portal to another realm. Typically they choose whom to make a pact with, but sometimes, sometimes - things go awry.

A Shifter (a player's Shifter) opens a portal looking to make a pact with a god, finds himself peering through said portal and looking upon a mirror. That mirror reflects his likeness, but slowly, fades to silver, and begins to melt. Like mercury, it pours through the tiny pin-prick in reality. This is not supposed to happen - this is not what typically happens, but this is not typical. this mercurial mirror pours itself into our reality and, as if into a mold or glass, takes a shape. His shape.

The silvery likeness mirrors the stunned Shifter perfectly all the way until a moment after it finishes pouring; it then adopts a wicked grin and colour begins to show, until the once mirrored statue is as vibrant as the Shifter it reflected. Almost; those eyes. Those silvery mercurial eyes.

And then in an instant, it is gone. The Shifter wakes up cold, lying on the ground where he was opening a portal to make a pact, or where he thought he did - was it a dream? He tries again, this time through his tiny inter-dimensional window, he gets a great eye, which quickly pulls back to reveal the great being - the god he wishes to pact with.....

The Being is a tiny fragment of a malign alien intelligence which has worked its way into the reality of Rifts Earth. In many ways, it is a child. It seeks new experiences and wonders, but make no mistake, it is both incredibly smart and incredibly evil.

Its form, while mercurial, has a "default" shape, which is the shape of the Shifter it is imprinted with. It knows magic and is psionic. It has thousands of MDC and supernatural strength. Its general nature is that of a trickster. It is arrogant, and generates followers from the low-life rabel surrounding it. It has several unique abilities in addition to the standard spells and psionic powers listed within the books. It has a deep, irrational hatred of demons and daemonic entities; it has scoured clean the immediate area of all such beings.

Currently I have been using The Being as a kind of employer for a group of characters not associated with said Shifter. Thus far, it has given the PCs two jobs; this first one (completed) was that they were to investigate rumours of a stone roughly a foot and a half wide that bled a black ickor, emanated psychic energy and also acted as a kind of psychic heroin, as well as mind-control for those whom had a touch of psionic ability.

Currently they are investigating the rumours of a giant metal man having been sighted on the borders of Lonestar and Mexico; their goal is to retrieve the man, dead or alive.

The Being can cast a multitude of different spells and can use almost every psionic power there is; it favours force and lightning-type attacks over other kinds. It has the ability to create technowizard devices. It can teleport, but it cannot shift planes of existence itself ("rules"). It constantly has active Mask ISP/psionics, and a special form of Mind Block, which does not prevent it from using its own psionic abilities. It gives off no aura, which is different than even a basic human, which would have some kind of aura. It can shapeshift its form at will, turning into any creature (minimum size of a medium dog to a maximum size of about a Titan Juicer), though it always retains its silver, mercurial eyes.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

In my hereos unlimited game.
Spartan an Analytical Genius specializing in android tech and self destruct systems. Yea bad bad bad man.
For my riftd crossover Dark Olympus and an army of Mystically Bestowed canine aliens.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

I think I'll come up with a villain. For the game I'm running now. I've got some stuff, yeah, but I can't expect my group to fight demon gods and live. So I think I'll develop an underling.

Hrm...how to not make them lame...
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Human looking and weighing nukes was a huge hit. Literally. Lol. "So I'm in line at the bank..BOOM!!
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

What would Rifts Earth do if that AI with the 10+ mile diameter eye (and formerly a 500ft+ tall baby) the In'Valians encountered ever came knocking?

I don't think ANYTHING is that big except perhaps Eyelor or Kormal or Wormwood.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Haggis, a Murder Wraith with a love of cooking. In the group of Death worshipers, he kept the undead well fed. Human was his meat of choice, which made him a logical candidate to become a Murder Wraith. He antagonized the party by trying to kill the weaker NPCs while the PCs tried to stop him. The party Undead Slayer developed a particular dislike of him for this tactic. His companions included a Murder Wraith named Wez, an undead Psi-Mechanic named Tinkerbell, an undead Biomancer, and a few others, all under the direction of a Necromancer. Tinkerbell loved to reprogram Skelebots and Thin Men and send them among the necromancer's undead forces.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

say652 wrote:Oddly enough my players are the villians. Mercenaries and opportunists. And they never take prisonerd ugh.

Not all that odd. It is Rifts after all. Mercenaries and opportunists aren't all that rare is some groups.

As for my villains, I had a good run with Gorbad Onearm, my Orc gunslinger/bandit and his gang. Had some great shoot outs, chases, robberies and bush wacks in the New West with that villain. The Psi-Slinger in the party eventually got him though.

Currently I had three villains I had meant to be recurring. One is dead, and his name was Weiyun supervisor and public relation rep for Naruni in Thundercloud galaxy. In this case NE choose the wrong back water planet full of 'primitives' to push in on because after the players showed up and rounds of unsuccessful talks, they decided to go eco-commando on me. They were able to set an explosive device in his freighter... packed full of Killeryte. Weiyun was fun for me, because he was very diplomatic, and nice on the surface. He always put out a polite, friendly face for Naruni. But was all business underneath, he took complaints with a serious face but he was just there to run interference, and would direct anything that would shut down the destructive mining operations to the galactic legal system that would go nowhere.

Now in the way of a reoccurring villain I have a Nexus Deevil named Ex'zelgon known as Rift Dancer. We're pre-minion war 3G, so Rift Dancer is going around covertly strengthening the Infernals position and laying some ground work against the Demon's for when their attack kicks off. Currently trying to exploit some of Desslyth's minions with the aim to, first hijack some technowizard, magic weapons and armor and components, second 'nudge them in the right direction' against any Demon's schemes that pop up. Lastly when they're weak enough she'll probably ritually sacrifice a few to open a dimensional portal at the right time, then send some mortal slaves home, because they'll be needed for some Deevil rebirths soon enough. Finally exploit a little of the Splugorth transportation system for a sneak attack. :twisted: Should make for a fun villain to run. That being said, I think my players are already planning to throw a monkey wrench into my plans. Thing is, I'm not sure which they hate more, Splugorth or Infernals.

I've also got a space pirate named Hondo. Who happens to be an escape artist, and is wanted on humanoid trafficking charges (was selling slaves to Desslyth's minions). He's showed up twice in campaign and I intend for him to cause no end of trouble when the players least expect it.
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Caesar

Actually is an ex-Coalition Special Forces operative with a bunch of guys of the same ilk. Not necessarily bad guys, but really hard core. Considered by the CS as terrorists as they are enemies of the CS and suspicious of anything alien except psionics. Took hold of an old NEMA base that had fallen beneath the surface. Not a lot of equipment as it was more of a science base. Dude found many willing scientists who had ideas outside of the norm and found they were able to create super soldiers, to them known as shock troops. The only fail safe is their patriotism to Old America. Caesar is bent on recreating the USA, no matter what that means. He does have some friends. Native Americans, he doesn't feel as though their ways are magic at all. He actually has figured them as some sort of psionics. He also has a whole crew of Psi Stalkers having sided with him for liberating them. Treats them as equals, same with Dog Boys.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I'm trollin the 'vault I'll post it when it's up to my standards. I might need someone to play the lord of the deep as a character lol.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Well, I do have The Horned Death, who is a Baalrog demon general with the power to corrupt World Trees. He's kind of a bad guy, but I don't see him as much different than any other ridiculous force of nature out there.

I buffed him up a bit, rolled stats then added 10 to all the results, gave him +300MDC and all the Fire Warlock spells, plus a few other invocations, plus ritual spells to do his dirty work on those poor saplings.

Though honestly he's just a creature of corruption and mayhem. There are others, that are more than just evil for evil's sake.

nilgravity
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by nilgravity »

I'm running a crazy campaign that uses a lot of random charts so it is basically everytime an enemy escapes they are upgraded and come back. Current menace is a Ogress Thief who stole a crown that allows her to control reptiles and is headed to Lagarto
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Nightfactory wrote:One of my recurring villians is Zodiar, a particularly nasty Temporal Raider who has been shadowing the party for two months now, but they never can see to catch him in time. :P
Nice.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Mechanoid Motherbrain.
Lord Splynnkryth.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “Rifts®”