whats next for rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

shadows3
D-Bee

whats next for rifts?

Unread post by shadows3 »

What is the book(s) next after northern gun 2 and megaverse in flames? Will it be located in north america or somewhere else on earth? I am hoping somewhere like india :)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Re: whats next for rifts?

Unread post by Tor »

India would be nice, except I get the feeling Kev wants to avoid anything related to CJ's work and since he so extensively covered Indian gods in pantheons... well...

Course one could always do a non-Hindu focus on the place, like with Buddhism or whatever.

I'm kinda hoping for a Psyscape sequel called Psi-World, more Australia, you could probably pull off a Rifts Egypt and a Rifts Congo.

A sourcebook on France and fleshing out the Blood Druids would be cool. Of course there would be an unavoidable introduction of MD-inflicting Musketeers.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Looonatic
Adventurer

Unread post by Looonatic »

Rifts Hollow Earth. *nod*
--The more powerful you are, the less tacos you get.--
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

I would like to see more on the Pheonix empire. SO a nod for Egypt for me.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Rifts Greenland/Iceland/Hawaii?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

My wish would be Meyer's Mission or a Rifts Atlas. I'm not holding my breath for either.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

A sabbatical so the staff can work on books for the other settings....or so I Wish.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I would like some more details on the west coast. My Home state of Washington ... and I guess I'll let the Californian's get it on it too ...

Africa 2 or Egypt or Just call it Rifts: Phoenix Empire
France and the Blood Druids has potential
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

Incriptus wrote:I would like some more details on the west coast. My Home state of Washington ... and I guess I'll let the Californian's get it on it too ...

This would be cool, but IIRC the west coast is mostly gone due to a combination of supervalcanoes going off and the coast coming in 50 miles. However since consistency doesn't exist in the geographical canon maybe we can still hope to see something develope one the West Coast.

My dream (although a stark improbability) is Rifts:Second Edition. Not a reorganization like RUE, but a true second edition, a fresh start.
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
alogan
D-Bee

Unread post by alogan »

I was recently reading through some books that I ordered and saw a few references to an advanced society called the 'Republicans' based under the ruins of Washington, DC. I'm kind of curious to see what's happening there.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

GenThunderfist wrote:[
My dream (although a stark improbability) is Rifts:Second Edition. Not a reorganization like RUE, but a true second edition, a fresh start.

You can always write your own as an alternate Rifts Earth, parallel, separate, but equal.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

alogan wrote:I was recently reading through some books that I ordered and saw a few references to an advanced society called the 'Republicans' based under the ruins of Washington, DC. I'm kind of curious to see what's happening there.

The Republicans are finally given their due in the Rifts Sourcebbook Revised. They're the remains of NEMA command who have been trying to hack into ARCHIE-3 to free a frozen and fully equipped army of NENA soldiers that A2 is keeping on ice because a) to awaken them would be to court is destruction, b) disrupt his plans, and c) they're HIS and he ain't giving up his collection! Meanwhile, the Republicans have managed to subvert enough of A3's secret factories to occasionally turn out consignments of advanced weaponry for their forces. The Repubies have also been playing kingmaker with mixed results; they helped create the Coalition States behind the scenes, but now are appalled at the disobedient monster they;re created. They're depicted as being secretive fanatical CIA-types with bold plans to 'take back America', but who do as much harm as they do good with their scheming.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I woud like to see Rfits Lazlo. A book on Chi-town. More development of North america. Nothing against the rest of the Rifts earth. Imo most games begin in North America. A proper Rifts Aftermath. The current one is too much copy and paste.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

at a guess, look at their production plans for last year. it's not like they don't have a massive backlog of books they wanted to have finished months/years ago.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

GenThunderfist wrote:
Incriptus wrote:I would like some more details on the west coast. My Home state of Washington ... and I guess I'll let the Californian's get it on it too ...

This would be cool, but IIRC the west coast is mostly gone due to a combination of supervalcanoes going off and the coast coming in 50 miles. However since consistency doesn't exist in the geographical canon maybe we can still hope to see something develope one the West Coast.

There are some blubs on it in spirit west (although the tribe listed as controlling SeaTac area is on the tip of the Olympic peninsula and likely to have been devastated). The real issue is that most of their staff writers are not from the area and not familiar with it. So they would have to do extensive research to find the lore to draw from. Most people from the east coast think almost all of Washington is next to Seattle and have almost no knowledge beyond that. Do to the size and the amount of material to draw from every west coast state could easily fill a book by itself.

I do not think the entire west coast line was suppose to come in 50 miles. But parts of California may have fallen into the sea. Given the amount of time and resources even if most life was lost some one or something would be the west coast.

I did do some stuff for the area in my games some examples at a glance.

Mt. St Hellens/Keeper of the fire-area with strong connection to the elemental plane of fire and earth. New elemental mage class the keepers of fire. Strong presence of fire warlocks, earth warlocks and fire/earth fusionist.

The Rainier rift- massive dimensional rift inside a creator on MT Rainier, similar to a devil gate, provides resources and constant monster threat.

The Lewis I force-Military organization that controls the Joint base Lewis McCord and Tacoma area.

New Seattle- capita of a Tech Native American Tribe.

Yakamia collective- A group of AI robots based out of the Yakamia training area locked in a war with Clone Lab 13.

Clone Lab 13- hidden genetics and cloning lab similar to lone star located some where along the Colombia gorge battling the Yakamia collective.

Deep Rift- A underwater gate way in the Puget sound used by a race of amphibious slavers/raiders.
Last edited by Blue_Lion on Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
GenThunderfist
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by GenThunderfist »

taalismn wrote:
GenThunderfist wrote:[

You can always write your own as an alternate Rifts Earth, parallel, separate, but equal.

Yes, but if I felt like creating my own Rules System, setting info, NPCs, etc. in order to play make believe with my friends, I certainly wouldn't be consistently paying companies $30-$70 in order to have that made for me.

I feel the point is moot if I'm just going to write my own books.
Shoot or Die, it's the name of the game.

Oh kids these days, with their texting and murder...
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Really hoping for the Olympia vs Asgard pantheon war to be made into a book. Hint hint. Cough make THIS book Yo!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Blue_Lion wrote:[

I did do some stuff for the area in my games some examples at a glance.

Mt. St Hellens/Keeper of the fire-area with strong connection to the elemental plane of fire and earth. New elemental mage class the keepers of fire. Strong presence of fire warlocks, earth warlocks and fire/earth fusionist.

The Rainier rift- massive dimensional rift inside a creator on MT Rainier, similar to a devil gate, provides resources and constant monster threat.

The Lewis I force-Military organization that controls the Joint base Lewis McCord and Tacoma area.

New Seattle- capita of a Tech Native American Tribe.

Yakamia collective- A group of AI robots locked in a war with Clone Lab 13.

Clone Lab 13- hidden genetics and cloning lab similar to lone star located some where along the Colombia gorge battling the Yakamia collective.

Deep Rift- A underwater gate way in the Puget sound used by a race of amphibious slavers/raiders.

Ewww...shiny! And intriguing....

Indeed...these are VAST territories for those unfamiliar with the states in the region.
I've only touched briefly on the area in my own world-building, and that mainly because I wanted a tech-enclave built around the old Boeing works in the area, and several Dwarven kingdoms in the Rockies and Cascades.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Rifts Lunchboxes. Rifts Breakfast Cereals. Rifts Toilet Paper. Rifts MDC steel-belted radials.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
Blue_Lion
Knight

BookWyrm wrote:Rifts Lunchboxes. Rifts Breakfast Cereals. Rifts Toilet Paper. Rifts MDC steel-belted radials.

Rifts the flame thrower the kids love this one, and Rifts the doll.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Rifts: Aftermath 2. The status of the world after the dust from the Minion War settles.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

A good focus on mechanoid space would be nice. Finish what is in the works before going with new stuff. That's what I would do. Fill in the the current "coming soon" list then go from there.

Then do a simplified and unified rules book with example scenarios and make that free for pdf, but that's just me.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Greyaxe wrote:I would like to see more on the Pheonix empire. SO a nod for Egypt for me.

Africa really needs more fleshing out as rifts africa really did not do the job. A Phoenix empire book that covered that and northern africa would be really nice.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

So about that Pantheon war hinted about in CB2....
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

I dunno, its taken a quarter century for them to get around to completing the setting.
At this point I think most folks either need a break or have plenty to keep them busy.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

With Megaverse in Flames, we may get a glimpse into what the Phoenix Empire looks like today anyway. But yeah, the NPE would be cool to see. Especially if it is rolled into the Gargoyle War in Europe.

Otherwise, Id like to see Rifts Space, Scandinavia, and Deep Woods (my hometown). Lazlo would be cool, along with some resolution to the Xiticix war.

I always thought a Rifts: Small Kingdoms would be cool too. Detail small, canon kingdoms scattered across North America, like the Gromek kingdom in New England and how they have interacted with the various Shemerian tribes. Or some named Simvan tribes and their nomatic travels. These entries can be only a few pages long each, similar to the Queenston Harbor entry. We could prolly get in like 30 kingdoms, including rewrites/updates to existing kingdoms like Queenston Harbor, Hope, Whykin, Kingsdale and so on.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Hannibal
Explorer

Unread post by Hannibal »

Sureshot wrote:I woud like to see Rfits Lazlo. A book on Chi-town. More development of North america. Nothing against the rest of the Rifts earth. Imo most games begin in North America. A proper Rifts Aftermath. The current one is too much copy and paste.

I agree. Would love to see a proper Coalition book that lays out these dozen or so mega cities and one real map for Chi-Town and it's burbs.

Rifta Lazlo was discussed long ago as on the docket, back at the first open house. Clearly, that's gone by the wayside.
Blastaar
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Home of the Xiticix...
Hudsons Wheigh is located near my actual home of Gillam and not Gitlam

Unread post by Blastaar »

Blue_Lion wrote:
BookWyrm wrote:Rifts Lunchboxes. Rifts Breakfast Cereals. Rifts Toilet Paper. Rifts MDC steel-belted radials.

*looks for Yogurt the wise*

Awwww its just plain yogurt.....
Greed is for amateurs. Disorder, chaos, anarchy: now that's fun!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Blastaar wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

*looks for Yogurt the wise*

Awwww its just plain yogurt.....

I could not resist the set up.

SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

An atlas. I would pay out the nose for a Rifts atlas. That and/or finishing the books they've already announced and not released.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Shorty Lickens
Hero

Yeah we've really needed an Atlas since day one. Now that so much of the world has been described, its even more obvious that its missing.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

kaid wrote:
Greyaxe wrote:I would like to see more on the Pheonix empire. SO a nod for Egypt for me.

Africa really needs more fleshing out as rifts africa really did not do the job. A Phoenix empire book that covered that and northern africa would be really nice.

I have no idea where Palladium stands on giving there early books the Ultimate Edition: Revised treatment, but it seems that Africa would be perfectly suited for this as opposed to releasing an entirely new book for the Phoenix Empire.

That being said, hopefully the 'Revised' attempts to update the earlier game line are dropped now that Vampires made it out. It was a reasonable and potentially GREATLY beneficial if completed undertaking, but it's been SO LONG since the UE came out that the whole idea is just a waste at this point, any momentum gained has been lost, and no one really cares anymore.
Shorty Lickens
Hero

J.L. Duncan wrote:City Sourcebooks; many cities could use some detail.

We at least need a standard layout for a fortified CS city.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Blue_Lion wrote:

I want my plush, chibi Splynncryth.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shorty Lickens
Hero

Wait, are you saying we're about to get Atlantis:Revised?
Eashamahel
Hero

Didn't Atlantis get the 'secret update'?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

SkyeFyre wrote:An atlas. I would pay out the nose for a Rifts atlas. That and/or finishing the books they've already announced and not released.

I'm working on it. Palladium requires 12 original works for an unsolicited artwork package. I've done 8 maps so far, including the Atlantis and Northern Gun maps (both of which are works in progress).

In the meantime, we'll have to make do with the GMG.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Hotrod wrote:
SkyeFyre wrote:An atlas. I would pay out the nose for a Rifts atlas. That and/or finishing the books they've already announced and not released.

I'm working on it. Palladium requires 12 original works for an unsolicited artwork package. I've done 8 maps so far, including the Atlantis and Northern Gun maps (both of which are works in progress).

In the meantime, we'll have to make do with the GMG.

I like your work and wish you success in your effort to get a Rifts Atlas. I had one MERP and it was the most valuable tool i could ever have.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Eashamahel wrote:Didn't Atlantis get the 'secret update'?

It was the first one to do so.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Eashamahel
Hero

So likely the Revised stops with VC, which is fine, because honestly there's no way they would get the first half dozen books revised before half of us are dead.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would personally like the next book after Megaverse in Flames to be Rifts: Sovietski Sourcebook. That's just me being selfish.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.

Return to “Rifts®”