just a thought(beer gas)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

just a thought(beer gas)

Unread post by abe »

beer gas- you the target VERY drunk, to the point of passing out or even dieing!
this gas can be protected by gas masks or immunity to gas!
other than what's written down here it causes 1d4 damage per round to m.e.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: just a thought(beer gas)

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

ah...hummm.... the OP could use a rewrite. As it is I can't make heads or tails what you mean.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I think its an amusing random thought for a chemical weapon that is loosely based on exaggerated thoughts on Alcohol.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

So what you are saying is that he is talking about a Gas Weapon that makes a person drunk, just as if the target had drank enough to incapacitated?
Still thinks he needs to rewrite the OP.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

abe wrote:beer gas- you the target VERY drunk, to the point of passing out or even dieing!

So it can be protected by gas masks? From what? Itself? Sobriety gas?

And what constitutes, stat-wise, VERY drunk?
And you have to be more specific about the TYPE of damage.

Idea needs to spend more time in the cooker and more attention to specifics(and grammar) before it be considered RPG-ready and effective.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the term beer gas already exists.. its the dense mix of CO2 and nitrogen that accumulates at the top of a brewing vat. it was once called 'stale air' and played a role in the discovery of oxygen (a scientist noticed that the 'stale air' in a brewing vat would snuff out candles, then started to experiment with asphixiating birds and stuff.. after he got kicked out of the brewery he started experimenting with various methods to determine what air is made of)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:beer gas- you the target VERY drunk, to the point of passing out or even dieing!

So it can be protected by gas masks? From what? Itself? Sobriety gas?

And what constitutes, stat-wise, VERY drunk?
And you have to be more specific about the TYPE of damage.

Idea needs to spend more time in the cooker and more attention to specifics(and grammar) before it be considered RPG-ready and effective.

well,you need to keep a open mind, most of my ideas are coming off of the top of my head and will always need SOME improvement, that's were you fine people come in.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:well,you need to keep a open mind, most of my ideas are coming off of the top of my head and will always need SOME improvement, that's were you fine people come in.

Abe, what you're fielding are notions.
It's like saying "it would be really neat if maybe somebody could make instant light with this electricity stuff!" but not doing the research and development to make something viable. Several people were working on the idea of an incandescent light bulb, but it's Thomas Edison whose name we remember because he sweated and experimented and made it WORK.

I think you could create a viable and workable idea here if you took the time and care, rather than spinning it off the top of your head and posting it as soon as it hits you. Let it mature, gather more ideas around it, combine them, work it out. Don't be impatient with it. There are plenty of examples both on the forums and in the Palladium rule books for inebriation(for example, pg. 338 of the RUW has guidelines for the effects of intoxication), gas weapons, and the like that you can hit up for ideas and examples of specific stats, even copy and paste, and flesh out your ideas without having to be dependent on other people to finish them. Time is your friend, not your enemy here, and any extra work put into a post is not effort wasted, it's effort appreciated by your readers.

And please, as a person who continually proofreads both my own and others' work, I urge you to spend more time and attention on spelling and proper syntax. Your ideas are much better understood and flow more freely if they are comprehensible. Again, time and attention to detail on your part will earn you the kudos you seek.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

taalismn wrote:
abe wrote:well,you need to keep a open mind, most of my ideas are coming off of the top of my head and will always need SOME improvement, that's were you fine people come in.

Abe, what you're fielding are notions.
It's like saying "it would be really neat if maybe somebody could make instant light with this electricity stuff!" but not doing the research and development to make something viable. Several people were working on the idea of an incandescent light bulb, but it's Thomas Edison whose name we remember because he sweated and experimented and made it WORK.

I think you could create a viable and workable idea here if you took the time and care, rather than spinning it off the top of your head and posting it as soon as it hits you. Let it mature, gather more ideas around it, combine them, work it out. Don't be impatient with it. There are plenty of examples both on the forums and in the Palladium rule books for inebriation(for example, pg. 338 of the RUW has guidelines for the effects of intoxication), gas weapons, and the like that you can hit up for ideas and examples of specific stats, even copy and paste, and flesh out your ideas without having to be dependent on other people to finish them. Time is your friend, not your enemy here, and any extra work put into a post is not effort wasted, it's effort appreciated by your readers.

And please, as a person who continually proofreads both my own and others' work, I urge you to spend more time and attention on spelling and proper syntax. Your ideas are much better understood and flow more freely if they are comprehensible. Again, time and attention to detail on your part will earn you the kudos you seek.

by very drunk I mean on a failed save vs. p.e. you take 1d2 p.e and 1d6 p.b (representing charisma loss) the damage I gave is for a successful save.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

turns out gasoline will make you intoxicated (or effectively so) if sprayed at the right vapor density. downside? thats also the same density needed for an Fuel air explosive.

which frankly is a better use of gasoline or alchohol..
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:[
by very drunk I mean on a failed save vs. p.e. you take 1d2 p.e and 1d6 p.b (representing charisma loss) the damage I gave is for a successful save.

Palladium doesn't use a d2, even if there was one, and charisma loss is M.A. not P.B. . P.B. loss is is your skin breaks out in acne, your eyes turn yellow, and your hair starts dropping out. M.A. loss is where you're drooling on yourself, you just broke wind to the tune of the National Anthem, and you just threw up on the German Ambassador.
You're better off using the Rule Book stats for falling down blind intoxication, which do more than just drop a few stat points to little effect..
I'll stick to existing canon tear or sleeping gas for incapacitating people with an aerosol agent.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I'm not even going to bother.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I'm not even going to bother.

I will! :lol:

TW Beer Bomb
The TW Beer Bomb is a small brown glass cylinder about the size of a perfume bottle with a topaz or zircon cap. Once thrown and shattered or the cap removed it releases a large gas cloud 30 feet (10 m) in area centered on the bottle (or its area of impact). Those within the cloud must save vs non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or succumb to the effects of drunkenness; as per Totally Wasted and the Personality Modification While Intoxicated Table on page 338 of Rifts®: Ultimate Edition. The inebriation is instant and lasts 1D6 hours. If the bottle is undamaged it can be refilled with any alcoholic liquid of choice. After which the liquid will be transmuted into a potent gaseous form and ready for another use after a 24 hour wait period.
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
The Oh So Amazing Nate wrote:I'm not even going to bother.

I will! :lol:

TW Beer Bomb
The TW Beer Bomb is a small brown glass cylinder about the size of a perfume bottle with a topaz or zircon cap. Once thrown and shattered or the cap removed it releases a large gas cloud 30 feet (10 m) in area centered on the bottle (or its area of impact). Those within the cloud must save vs non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or succumb to the effects of drunkenness; as per Totally Wasted and the Personality Modification While Intoxicated Table on page 338 of Rifts®: Ultimate Edition. The inebriation is instant and lasts 1D6 hours. If the bottle is undamaged it can be refilled with any alcoholic liquid of choice. After which the liquid will be transmuted into a potent gaseous form and ready for another use after a 24 hour wait period.

nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

abe wrote:nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome friend, always happy to help. Enjoy!
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I don't like a weapon that won't work on dwarves and Saloon Girls.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Tor wrote:I don't like a weapon that won't work on dwarves and Saloon Girls.

get enough booze & it'll do the job regardless!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!

Return to “Rifts®”