Newb creating her first OCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Newb creating her first OCC

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

One of the Tattoo using classes then in WB#2 Atlantis with the right selection of physical skills and WP.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Mercenary Adventures has the Gladiator options with super powers or Tattoos would work well.
South America has the Amazon
Japan and China have several martial artists that are MD tough, and skilled melee fighters
Cyber-Knights of course
A Bio-Borg from Atlantis is another option
If super powers are allowed, you can use the CB1 rules to make a super powered person.
Juicers and Crazies can also be pretty good fighters.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Most classes have an average of 18 skills total to start (OCCS, OCCRS, & SS).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Gerbil13 wrote:Hi im new to Rifts and an thinking of creating a pure melee character. the only thing is i want her nude. if only for the fun aspect of having it.

I have just the thing, there is a Nude Female Spirit RCC introduced in World Book 18: Mystic Russia page 63. Sadly, though she be an Air Spirit, she only has normal magic, no Air Warlock stuff. But I don't see anything preventing you from switching to that OCC. Combining her natural RCC bonuses with a hand to hand skill would be pretty sweet. Get paired WP until then so you can defend yourself.

A second class, a Nude Female Demon RCC was also introduced in Dimension Book 8 Hades. Aside from 1996's Trouble Evocation, it's the most nude Succubus yet!
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Sounds like an April issue of the rifter, or some other fan production, definitely neither serious nor canon.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Gerbil13 wrote:Hi im new to Rifts and an thinking of creating a pure melee character. the only thing is i want her nude. if only for the fun aspect of having it.

Tattoo warrior. One of the few characters that really has no need or reason to bother having any equipment at all.

Oh forgot to add the Totem warrior from spirit west. Given you have to undress any time you transform anyway they spend most of the time naked anyway as per the OCC.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Gerbil13 wrote:No honest im not trolling. the concept i have is based on the Celtic god Lugh.

Then a tattooed character would probably be best.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Maybe the spirit warrior from spirit west. They have good MDC and depending which spirit bonding choices you pick they are pretty darn powerful in hand to hand combat.
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Gerbil13 wrote:No honest im not trolling. the concept i have is based on the Celtic god Lugh.

R.C.C.: Demigod (Rifts: Conversion Book II); daughter of Lugh.
O.C.C.: Ancient Weapons Master (Heroes Unlimited: Powers Unlimited II) or Undead Slayer (Rifts: Atlantis).

Because you are a close-combat fighter you will want to focus on your evasive ability which is called Physical Prowess (P.P. attribute), Dodge and Speed (Spd. attribute).

This will give you an edge when closing the distance between you and your opponent. However, without magic catching hovercycles, rocketbikes, and cyborgs is an impossibility for the build listed above. They're just too fast. Too this end I would recommend learning Tailing or Prowl so you can hide and using cover when facing such opponents until you can close the gap. Of course, there is always relying on the other player characters too. Maybe talk to your fellow players about someone playing a mage and knowing the spell Carpet of Adhesion or encouraging someone to play a Power Armor/Robot Pilot (Like a Samas, flying platform or other similar flyingcraft) that can be used to "air drop" the nude warrior woman into close combat. After all, the game is supposed to be a team effort. :)
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Alrik Vas wrote:

This is likely the best answer.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Eashamahel wrote:
Alrik Vas wrote:

This is likely the best answer.

In general if you want a character who really needs nothing but their own abilities and uses no gear any of the magic tattoo characters atlantean or Tman variants are really hard to beat. If you don't like the tattoo look the spirit warrior from spirit west can approximate a lot of the powers they get. If you take something like earth/animal/air you have a supernaturally strong, natrually MDC person who does amplified MDC damage in hand to hand can turn invis at will and I believe fly fairly fast all while totally nekkid.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Or maybe something like the Demon Queller, any character that can turn themselves into MDC and/or have supernatural strength will be a good fit.

It's just that the tattoos have so much power.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Eashamahel
Hero

Unread post by Eashamahel »

Yep. Tattooed characters, especially the full on Atlantean Undead Slayer, have the potential to be massively powerful, and a GREAT melee type. MDC body (and not a little of it) with the ability to add on more MDC through your abilities, Supernatural Strength, and then lots of other things, like flight, that make you a better fighter through being more able to engage what you want. Combined with a great Attribute base, and, if i remember correctly, even powerful magic weapons to start with, as well as lots of other helpful abilities like their natural Atlantean ones.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

As I recall, some of the Picts were supposed to have run around nude but for warpaint and limed hair. That's close enough to Lugh country for historical precedence.
Only now toss in the fact that there's a Splugorth outpost on the site of old London...so you can have your pick of TMan warrior or Bioborg with a local cultural connection(local girl getting converted to both Splugorth super-slave warrior And that old time religion?).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Poor Ancient Weapon Masters get utterly destroyed by them automatic body-flipping Defensive Physical Training guys. You can't resist the uber-disarm.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Svartalf
Champion

Ask an expert (say, the Game Master) to review this thread and explain it to you... also what he thinks of the various options given to you... After all, you want the GM to be comfy with your character, or it might have a very short lifespan.
Bladesplint
D-Bee

Unread post by Bladesplint »

Hi; GM here for over 15 years in Rifts.

Sounds like you should take a hard, thorough look at the Atlantis book.
Most Atlantean Tattooed RCC's wear minimal or no clothing, allowing them access to their magical tattoos, which at early levels, must be touched by hand to activate. I see no problem whatsoever for painting your gal with wode, lime, dyes, or any kind of warpaint you want. It would hinder her in no way whatsoever.

As to her Old World religeon; the Atlantean culture is extremely rich in history, spanning many dimensions and worlds. You could easily be free to cultivate your own PC background, clan, alliances, etc.

An alternate idea which you *may* choose to have a look at would be something like this:

Blind Warrior Woman RCC. Rifts Atlantis Book.
Background - she escaped her Splugorth Slaver and broke free of mental conditioning, becoming a fugitive and hated by the Splugs as a traitor. Bounty on her head very high; adapting to human life is her goal, freedom above all else. Melee monster in her own right, complete with some stolen Splug items she liberated from the Slaver Barge, or that she was issued on assignment. You could say that she studied the Picts and has chosen to reside among them, and your role playing would be very rich and rewarding as she becomes more deeply accepted by the tribe, allowed to wear their Wode, dyes, etc. and the goal would be to integrate and become a full member - with your tribe knowing that the Splugs are hunting you.

I think this would be right up your alley.
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

Don't forget the Laser mage from Rifter 38. They have a tendency to walk around nude to have as much Light hitting them as possible,
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

Bladesplint wrote:Hi; GM here for over 15 years in Rifts.

Sounds like you should take a hard, thorough look at the Atlantis book.
Most Atlantean Tattooed RCC's wear minimal or no clothing, allowing them access to their magical tattoos, which at early levels, must be touched by hand to activate. I see no problem whatsoever for painting your gal with wode, lime, dyes, or any kind of warpaint you want. It would hinder her in no way whatsoever.

As to her Old World religeon; the Atlantean culture is extremely rich in history, spanning many dimensions and worlds. You could easily be free to cultivate your own PC background, clan, alliances, etc.

An alternate idea which you *may* choose to have a look at would be something like this:

Blind Warrior Woman RCC. Rifts Atlantis Book.
Background - she escaped her Splugorth Slaver and broke free of mental conditioning, becoming a fugitive and hated by the Splugs as a traitor. Bounty on her head very high; adapting to human life is her goal, freedom above all else. Melee monster in her own right, complete with some stolen Splug items she liberated from the Slaver Barge, or that she was issued on assignment. You could say that she studied the Picts and has chosen to reside among them, and your role playing would be very rich and rewarding as she becomes more deeply accepted by the tribe, allowed to wear their Wode, dyes, etc. and the goal would be to integrate and become a full member - with your tribe knowing that the Splugs are hunting you.

I think this would be right up your alley.

Yes. What he said. Speaking as a GM I seem to have the most fun with, and my players are most scared of, Altara Warrior women. When the post-apocalypse war starts up, trust me, you want the blind warrior women with you. :bandit:
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I'm suprised no one mentioned a female Wild Psi-Stalker, who are usually nude, and are great at hand to hand/melee combat.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Svartalf
Champion

Nude under a heavy suit of MDC armor, you mean? Psi stalkers may be wild, they are not stupid
Alrik Vas
Knight

Psi-Stalkers Gone Wild jokes incomming...

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Svartalf wrote:Nude under a heavy suit of MDC armor, you mean? Psi stalkers may be wild, they are not stupid

Yeah, I know, but that's why God made force fields. Also, if Blind Warrior Women are fair game (they are squishy SDC creatures too!), I assume female Psi-Stalkers are as well.

Plus there is that whole "Psi-Stalkers turn MDC when fighting supernatural" thing.

Alrik - Good one :lol:
Svartalf
Champion

Altarans have a light MDC bodysuit, AND a force field... Last I checked, force field generators/armor of Ithan amulets were not that readily available where psi stalkers live.

and they what when what? Where did you find that? It's not in my RMB or in Lone Star.
Alrik Vas
Knight

It was a change made in RUE. Their HP (just HP, not SDC as well) turn into MDC when they combat supernatural creatures.

Though they still forgot to give them Supernatural PS...so they still need mega damage weapons to deal with the really scary stuff (well, i suppose they could throw vampires in a river or whatever, but i mean everything else...)

Svartalf
Champion

I really need to update to RUE.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Svartalf wrote:Altarans have a light MDC bodysuit, AND a force field...

So they aren't naked then, right?

Last I checked, force field generators/armor of Ithan amulets were not that readily available where psi stalkers live.

Where Psi-Stallkers live? They live, like everywhere. They are pretty ddang common in North America.

Besides how many characters is he playing as? He only needs one psi-stalker to have that. It's not that much of a reach, really.

and they what when what? Where did you find that? It's not in my RMB or in Lone Star.

Yeah, as posted above that's a new RUE rule. Not that I like the rule per se, but it's there.
Svartalf
Champion

Point taken, As a DM I usually object to exceedingly rare or costly starting equipment, unless the story behind such is damn good ... and sometimes even if it is.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Svartalf wrote:Point taken, As a DM I usually object to exceedingly rare or costly starting equipment, unless the story behind such is damn good ... and sometimes even if it is.

I'm not gonna disagree. A force field is a rare item for a wild Psi-Stalker to have. Perhaps her village was attacked by a Slaver, but through cunning the Psi-Stalkers prevailed, and said female took one of the amulets of a dead BWW.

I'm gonna through Shemerrian Berserker in the mix as well, for three reasons:

1. Whilst Shemerrians are not playable, the Robot RCC is, so if a GM is willing...
2. As far as close/melee combatants go, there are none better than the Shemerrian Berserker.
3. They are cool. (ok, bad reason, but it's true.)
Alrik Vas
Knight

Couldn't she just play a Norse berserker?

Svartalf
Champion

Berserkers don't fight in the nude... A Celtic warrior would be the same and would have no problem with nudity, though.
Alrik Vas
Knight

well, i meant to use the class and apply their own flavor. :P

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Svartalf wrote:Berserkers don't fight in the nude... A Celtic warrior would be the same and would have no problem with nudity, though.

The kinda funny thing is there was a good reason for the occurrence of nude or mostly nude warriors in history. If you don't know how to or can't make effective armor then fighting nude prevents dirty clothing from being driven into wounds. fighting naked tended to mean less risks of infection and faster recovery from injuries.
Svartalf
Champion

Celts were the inventors of chainmail, though, and could make quite good bronze breastplates... Of course, only the greater nobles could afford that kind of panoply...
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Svartalf wrote:Celts were the inventors of chainmail, though, and could make quite good bronze breastplates... Of course, only the greater nobles could afford that kind of panoply...

Yes those who could make effective armor did so and wore it but those who could not or could not afford it found those who fought naked tended to survive wounds that killed people who had worn clothing.

I found it kind of interesting that there were logical reasons for them to fight that way not just hey look at me I am naked and CRAZZZZYYYY attempt to break the moral of your opponents.
Svartalf
Champion

The story of warriors who went through "war spasm", like Cù Chulainn often implies nakedness, and the naked warriors might want to emulate those exploits/be some kind of berserker before the word was invented.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Hystrix wrote:there is that whole "Psi-Stalkers turn MDC when fighting supernatural" thing.
Am wondering if this applies to the non-supernatural psychics and mages who they hunt for food too, whom wield MD attacks.
Alrik Vas
Knight

I believe it only applies to Supernatural Creatures...so likely not, unless said caster was a Slaver, Demondragon Mage, Lizard Mage, Godling/Demigod, etc

Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

Thought I had posted this earlier... since I'm away from my books at the moment I can't give a proper quote however... Psi-Stalkers gain their H.P. as M.D.C. when 'battling' (no range specified...) magical and supernatural beings. They also gain M.D.C. for being on a layline and/or nexus but I don't recall the modifiers they specified for them.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Does 'magical being' include practitioners of magic, or only creatures of magic? Ever since CB1 was retconned by WB16 and PoMs were no longer CoMs, this is a critical Q.

Return to “Rifts®”