Book locations for Bow, Compound Bow, and Crossbow

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

wyrmraker
Hero

Re: Book locations for Bow, Compound Bow, and Crossbow

Unread post by wyrmraker »

RUE, Page 326. It's all in the WP Archery description
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

in fact, that's a general rule for just about any weapon that exists today. check the WP to find stats for them (if you have RUE that is... old RMB has it in the back somewhere i think).
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

RMB pg32 (WP Skill) or RUE (pg326, as previously mentioned).

SB1(o) pg58, WB2 pg133, WB5 pg150 have a standardized "High Tech" Arrow Head description. This is basically a copy/paste job, and might be in some other books to.

MercOps pg142-3 (TW Crossbow) & pg91 (NG produced design) feature specific designs.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

HU: Aliens Unlimited (both 1st and 2nd ed) in the equipment section in the back.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:HU: Aliens Unlimited (both 1st and 2nd ed) in the equipment section in the back.

Yes, pages 180-181.
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

The equipment section in the HU:GMG has modern crossbows and oriental bows (pg 200)
The Dragon Has Spoken
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Did the compendium of modern weapons ever include that stuff?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

In WB9 South America 2 there is also the Larhold Composite Bow. It's neat because it does damage based on the supernatural PS of the wielder, something I don't think normally occurs with bow weapons, which might have a minimum PS to draw it, but is otherwise not influenced... or am I wrong and it is added to weapon damage like melee weapons?

I am a bit confused about the stats of the LCB though. It doesn't seem consistent.

Page 186 includes it in the Barbarian RCC's equipment, with a requirement of 16 and a bonus of 6
Page 190 includes it in the Shaman OCC's equipment, with a requirement of 18 and a bonus of 3

At least the range is the same for both... I find it odd that the one with the lower PS requirement gives a better bonus though. I'd be inclined to switch them and say the +6 requires 18 and the +3 requires 16. Otherwise, I think the Shaman's bow is an inferior bit of equipment (whatever the going rate for the Barbarian Bow, make the Shaman Bow half the price, I think) and perhaps the Barbarians only give these horribows to the Shamans since they think the Shaman is well-off enough with their flame attacks, and don't want them to have too big an advantage.

It mentions that the Larhold Human (or D-bee) Renegade can't use the LCB, although I'm not really sure why... I get the impression their strength turns supernatural when they upgrade so you'd think they could use the LCBs briefly during their charge periods. Perhaps it just doesn't make sense to give archers a tool they can only use a small portion of the time, so they give them tech bows instead?

In a pinch I think a Renegade should be capable of wielding the LCB of a fallen Larhold comrade and using it when charged up though, personally.

Based on the equiv +2die stat of the saber in all 3 cases, I get the impression that the 'inflicts MD for non-SNPS' stat of the Renegade Saber should also apply to Barbarian/Shaman sabers as well, if they're ever stolen by an enemy.

Still find the Renegade punch damage to be rather odd. It seems low but... since they actually do add their PS table damage bonus as MD (similar to Thor) they could actually end up doing way more mega-damage than standard (like Larhold) SNPS.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”