Misc. Rifts Vehicles

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abtex
Champion

Re: Misc. Rifts Vehicles

Unread post by abtex »

Did taalismn see this?
abtex wrote:Google search for: "how much wood equal a gallon of gas"

A cord of wood equals how many gallons of fuel oil? -- 175 gallons
A cord of wood equals a tightly stacked 4 foot by 4 foot by 8 Wt

Try this link for different values:
http://www.waterprofessionals.com/pdfs/fuel_energy.pdf

The vehicle(s):
gasification SdKfz 251 Ausf C
Gasification Ganomag ...

How Gasification Works
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

abtex wrote:Did taalismn see this?
abtex wrote:Google search for: "how much wood equal a gallon of gas"

A cord of wood equals how many gallons of fuel oil? -- 175 gallons
A cord of wood equals a tightly stacked 4 foot by 4 foot by 8 Wt

Try this link for different values:
http://www.waterprofessionals.com/pdfs/fuel_energy.pdf

The vehicle(s):
gasification SdKfz 251 Ausf C
Gasification Ganomag ...

How Gasification Works

Yes, I did.
You can consider such systems, bulky as they may be, entirely possible as an option for the harder working and more utilitarian PS-made vehicles, though we already have super-solar systems and bio-digestor liquid biofuel-manufacturing systems available. ;)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
Illendaver wrote:Just some Ideas that I would like to see worked with if somebody feels up to it. MDC should make these very impressive..... or make them TW Vehicles...
http://www.thebutterflyaircraft.com/ultralight/ultralight.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:USS_Akron_in_flight,_nov_1931.jpg

The 'copter could be e-clip or TW-powered, but the real protective armor would be that worn by the pilot.

As for airships?
I think there's a thread long ago devoted to them. As is, traditional gas-bag airships are sitting ducks, unless lofted by some other agency (like a Lyn-Syrial Cloud inside or an Air Elemental. Possibly, you could make the outer shell out of the same MDC plastics as MDC Plainclothes Armor, but MDC protection per swath would be light and overall prohibitively expensive.

Something like this?
Can see the rider chair as a cabin or set of them. Gun equipped helmet for the 'Airship' may not be a dragon. Has side mounted 'engines'. Smaller and larger versions build of sections, some being in-body cabins.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:

Yes, I did.
You can consider such systems, bulky as they may be, entirely possible as an option for the harder working and more utilitarian PS-made vehicles, though we already have super-solar systems and bio-digestor liquid biofuel-manufacturing systems available. ;)

Does a 'Wood' spell or something like create enough to produce a cord? How times would you have to cast a 'Wood' to make enough fuel for a Gasification device to work?

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:http://www.unusuallocomotion.com/pages/locomotion/changes-around-the-track-i-off-road-locomotion.html

This one rocks:
47 - John B. Lansberry, Woodland, Pennsylvania, took the patent of wheeled tractor and caterpillar that currently operates itself to agriculture and construction. He says his tractor exceeds the limitations imposed by other tractors. Made to measure for powers from 10 to 500 hp. http://www.lansberrytractor.com/

V - FORESTRY VEHICLES

vehicles that pick their own noses with their arm(s), as well as hold or mount weapons. While firing over bush and small trees, around corners.. Carry their payload in the cargo bed and extra weapons, maybe also used as troop carrier. Do logs really look like missiles?

Ah, nothing sucks than to attack a seemingly defenseless agricultural or industrial operation, and suddenly find yourself being cut to pieces by armored tractors, armed lawnmowers, and melee-capable work lifts....Nobody wants to admit they got beaten nearly to death by the gardening staff.

Unless it's 'Gardening' staff using their tractors with a Combat 'Hoodie'. That's in my eye, a replacement hull so you get to use a single chassic for multi-purposes.

The Lansberry Tractor concept make a nice DBee ride, it just alien enough to not look human or earthly.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Russian Yachting and few other -- self washing lighthouses, private submarine and other UW vehicles, Design and concepts, Motor and sailing yachts, ...

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Russian Yachting and few other -- self washing lighthouses, private submarine and other UW vehicles, Design and concepts, Motor and sailing yachts, ...

Saw a picture on the Secret Projects forums once of the schematics of a Russian hydrofoil/ekranoplane yacht so freakin' big, it had its own helipad(just to show off, I guess), but it was such a small picture with low definition. I've been hunting for a better and bogger version of it. Toss in MDC materials, a robot nuclear powerplant...it would be the sort of thing the Russian oligarchs of the Golden Age would be cruising around in.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

If you know where the picture is at on Secret Projects, google search for the picture. Sometime you will find the site or better pictures of it. Are just different pictures.

Sting ray design ekranoplan Mobula, looks like a DBee designed sail plane. That does not need a dock

Nessie a British designed ekranoplan, who idea was stolen by Russia for some purpose.

Searched for ekranoplane yacht has some things. Pictures are great ideas.

Like this change from military use to Passenger Ekranoplan (WIGEV), and with just a little work would make a great fishing boat. :eek: :D

Are a different one -- like this Virgin Atlantic A-90 'Orlyonok' Ekranoplan,

Is this the picture and site for it?

Are would it be the upgraded 150th Bentley Yacht one with parking for cars and small craft, while still have it's helipad. Based on the 'Australian built military Wave Piercing Catamaran'. The too rich have do not need a reason for over priced toys. Us poorer folk just have the Internet.

DO NOT go to the this page on their site. You have been warmed.

There are things like:

This is the most advanced multi-hull Superyacht available today and its military developed Trimaran hull form is also exclusively offered by BENTLEY YACHTS.

Developed and tested by some of the world's leading marine scientists and laboratories as the next generation ultra high speed military craft platform, it offers shallow draft and much better longitudinal stability than all other Wave Piercing Catamarans. This super sleek and fuel efficient Trimaran hull incorporates a wing shaped superstructure that acts in Wing-in-Ground effect to carry up to 70% of its weight in speeds over 50knots in Sea State 4+ conditions. BENTLEY Yachts can offer custom designs up to 1,000 tons that can perform at overwhelming speeds of up to 120 knots (230ft Manta) with unmatched fuel economy.

I give you, the super sleek 85 Knot Plus 115ft BENTLEY YACHTS Manta
WPT (Wave Piercing Trimaran):

A different yacht idea that would work for Rifts -- WHAT DEFINES AN EXPEDITION YACHT?

The world ended and we needed some 'Bug-Out' boats to get to the island retreats (that may now be underwater, but are really Lemuria Flying island cities)
Last edited by abtex on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:Russian Yachting and few other -- self washing lighthouses, private submarine and other UW vehicles, Design and concepts, Motor and sailing yachts, ...

Saw a picture on the Secret Projects forums once of the schematics of a Russian hydrofoil/ekranoplane yacht so freakin' big, it had its own helipad(just to show off, I guess), but it was such a small picture with low definition. I've been hunting for a better and bogger version of it. Toss in MDC materials, a robot nuclear powerplant...it would be the sort of thing the Russian oligarchs of the Golden Age would be cruising around in.

Wouldn't be this thing would it?

http://www.palio.ru/airfoilboat.htm
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:...it had its own helipad (just to show off, I guess), but it was such a small picture with low definition. I've been hunting for a better and bogger version of it. Toss in MDC materials, a robot nuclear powerplant...it would be the sort of thing the Russian oligarchs of the Golden Age would be cruising around in.

No. Just needs someplace to land it's Russian helicopter. There was something like it from an old 'Tom Swift' book.

Only one helipad? Should there be more?
Superyacht Xhibitionist by Gray Design like this one.
Last edited by abtex on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

taalismn
Priest

Gamer wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Wouldn't be this thing would it?

http://www.palio.ru/airfoilboat.htm

Da! Good find! Now if only the resolution was better and it wasn't in Cyrillic...
But can't have everything, can we? :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:...it had its own helipad (just to show off, I guess), but it was such a small picture with low definition. I've been hunting for a better and bogger version of it. Toss in MDC materials, a robot nuclear powerplant...it would be the sort of thing the Russian oligarchs of the Golden Age would be cruising around in.

No. Just needs someplace to land it's Russian helicopter. There was something like it from an old 'Tom Swift' book.

Only one helipad? Should there be more?
[url=Superyacht Xhibitionist by Gray Design]http://www.pinterest.com/pin/561331541028718759/[url] like this one.

Ah, the old Tom Swift series...I may actually have a few of the old hardcovers buried in my attic somewhere.
I always wondered about 'Bud'...was he Tom's pet? I didn't get the impression he was smart enough to be Watson to Tom's Sherlock(to the point where Watson is ready to punch Sherlock out for showing off while the suspect was getting away).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Ok wrong yacht company.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

http://www.pinterest.com/shootingbrake1/cab-forward-real-or-fake/

Need some strange looking vehicles? Try the link above.

Nice military vehicles --http://www.pinterest.com/thomaslundqvist/milit%C3%A4r-fordon/ wild and crazy designs.

Then another one -- http://www.pinterest.com/westcountyxclub/vehicles-rare-misc/
Last edited by abtex on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Does Rifts need some 'Foreign Pickup designs'?

The "Jeeps" Of Iceland: Here There Do Be
Their new 'Viking Ships', just Land based, unless amphi equipped.

6-wheelers don't just need to be used on ice and other cold terrain, Australian SAS 6x6 Land Rovers or this one that even has a 'power arm' to help change the tires (not, but could be). Like pickups for cargo and Armored 'camper shell-style' bunkers, but full bodies work as well. [Russian Trecol 39294 6x6]

Would you just use taalismn's 'PS HEMTT02' and re-design it a little?

* PS HEMTT02 (aka ‘Hemit’, ‘BGI’ (Big Green Iguana),’Snake’) --- PS-manufactured revival of the massive Oshkosh truck of the same name. Where there’s level and firm enough ground, none are so popular as the HEMTTs...Tougher terrain, and you’ll be needing PS’s Walker Trucks or Clysdales. Need more hauling power? Easy; Paladin Steel’s QuickHitch system allows you to quickly lock together a hauling team of trucks for those extra-heavy loads. We’ve seen these babies hauling everything from palletized loads of fresh produce to torpedo boats. We’ve even heard of somebody mounting Katyusha racks on a HEMTT, though we don’t recommend using these trucks as combat vehicles.
Type: Heavy Truck
Crew: 1 +1 passenger in cab
MDC
Main Body 140
Wheels (10) 15 each
Length: 35 ft
Width: 7.97 ft
Height: 10.76 ft,
Weight: 38,800 lbs
Cargo: 16.5 tons+ can haul an additional 16.5 tons
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel (350 mile range) or Electric (400 mile range).
Speed: 60 MPH. Can ford 2 ft.
Cost: 32,000 Credits (25% extra for electric propulsion)
Last edited by abtex on Tue May 19, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taalismn
Priest

Fieseler Storch(Stork) II Re-Makes

“Wowwww....you’re right...you CAN land this thing on a rooftop....do you mind if I get out and change my pants?”

“We’ll be flying along the ridgeline while I use this Wilks’ laser illuminator to pick out targets...it’s got a range of about six miles, and the Scarlet Horde doesn’t have any long range weaponry that I know of, so we should be safe long enough for the Tarterelli Family to get their cannons going, and shells homing on what we’ll be designating...Just in case, though, be ready to dive below the ridgeline if I spot missile fire incoming...”

Operators and technowizards seem to have an unhealthy fixation on the past and resurrecting ancient designs, so it hardly seems surprising that a post-Rifts rebuild of this Second Global Conflict German Empire army co-operation/liaison plane has begun appearing. The Storch is a classic high-wing monoplane with a little frame, spindly wide-set landing double-wheel and tail gear, a single prop engine, and an extensively window-glazed cockpit typical of light aircraft of the period. However, even to aviation engineers jaded by hoverjets and anti-grav systems, the scrawny-looking Fieseler design still seems amazing; the next best thing before the advent of helicopters, the lightweight monoplane could perform Short TakeOff and Landing(STOL) operations like no other aircraft. Extensive use by Gerhard Fieseler of various high-lift devices such as special flaps in the wings, gives the aircraft remarkable low-speed stall characteristics.
It is not known whether this aircraft is based on some unearthed Golden Age hobbyist’s reconstruction-replica, or on examples rifted in from an alternate Earth, but the design has since been refitted with modern technology that have only improved already amazing performance. Tough, lightweight megadamage composites, plastics, and light alloys have strengthened the airframe, wings, and landing gear, including the heavily-glazed cockpit. The long thin landing gear have been improved with advanced shock absorption systems for even better rugged field performance. The original 240hp eight-cylinder engine has been replaced by newer generations of lighter weight, more efficient, multi-fuel engines using MDC materials, or compact electric drives, or even powerful(albeit expensive) jet-pack grade nuclear powerpacks.
Despite the improvements in structural strength made with megadamage materials, the Storch II is still rather delicate, and it isn’t recommended for front line combat. Its popgun defensive armament won’t hold off a determined attacker, but may dissuade impressionable pursuers long enough for the aircraft to make good its escape.
Still, for small communities unable to afford and service more sophisticated rocket cycles or hoverjets, the Storch II makes a good choice for a local air ambulance, mail plane, and scout aircraft. The design is also popular with wilderness scouts and bush pilots. Technowizards have also seized on the design, adding various modifications and magic enhancements.
A number of companies have begun producing the design(or designs very much like it) in small numbers; Golden Age Weaponsmiths, Paladin Steel, and Triax among the better known firms, though several smaller shops also handcraft examples(several aircraft have been seen sporting Wilks Laser Industries’ trademark black plastic color scheme, leading some to wonder if WLI hasn’t tried their hand at building the design, though it is far more likely that the sighted aircraft were kit-builts in the service of Wilks employees). The aircraft are all essentially the same, with minor differences.

Type: Fieseler Fi 156(PA-RII)
The Triax model is known as the T-R-Fi256
The GAW version is marketed as the ‘Stork HopperCraft’.
Class: Light STOL Scout Plane
Crew:1+1-2 crew/passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 120
Crew Compartment 60
Wings(2) 70 each
Tail 80
Height: 10 ft.
Width: 46 ft 9 in.
Length: 32 ft 5.75 in.
Weight: 2072 lbs empty, 2910 lbs fully loaded
Cargo: 500 lbs of additional gear
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel(w/ 650 mile range), Electric(w/700 mile range), mini-nuclear(w/ 10 year energy life), and of course various TW versions
Speed: 112 MPH, maximum altitude of 17,060 ft
Can take off in as little as 70 yards and land in little as 22 yards, from rough, unimproved fields.
Can practically hover in a 25 MPH headwind without losing control
Market Cost: 200,000 credits for the basic liquid fuel model, 300,000 credits for electric, and 750,000 credits for nuclear
Systems of Note:
The Storch comes with basic dashboard instrumentation, altimeter, air speed indicator, and a radio, but no long range sensors more sophisticated than Mark One Eyeball. The cabin is also not pressurized or environmentally shielded.

Weapons Systems: None standard, but has provision for a rearward dorsal trainable pintle-mount light rail gun, pulse laser, or other infantry weapon in the back of the crew compartment.

Options:
*Optional Hardpoints(2)---Two small hardpoints can be mounted on the undercarriage for carrying cargo panniers(50 lbs each), mini-missiles(4 shot pod per hardpoint), micromissiles(10 shot pod per hardpoint), light bombs, spray/smoke pods, flare launchers, and similar light hardware. Cost: 3,000 credits each hardpoint

*Folding Design---The Storch II can be modified for easy stowability in a bunker, trailer, or shipboard hangar. Cost: 25,000 credits

*Cabin Environmental Sealing---Gives the cockpit air filtration and a limited six hour independent air supply. Cost: 12,000 credits

*Mini-Radar---A small radome can be mounted either above the cockpit or under the nose. The data is displayed on a small dashboard HUD. Range: 25 miles. Cost: 120,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Antonov An-2 ‘Colt’ Light Transport Biplane

“Without me and my Little Ludmilla here, life would be much more difficult for the people out here in the taiga...I fly messages, I fly spare parts, I fly animals, I fly medicines, and sometimes I fly the doctors and the patients... I look out for forest fires and bad weather....I give warning of monsters and war bands...Sometimes I get well-paid for my work, many times all I get is some alcohol for Ludmilla’s engine, a few potatoes for myself, and a patch of dry straw to sleep on overnight...but the people under my wings...they are all my family...”

A pre-Rifts design, this aircraft can be considered truly archaic; a prop-propelled, fixed landing-gear, biplane. However, its robust design speaks volumes; it is a rugged, STOL aircraft with an incredibly low stall speed(under the right circumstances, like a strong headwind, it is possible to fly the plane backwards) and a lack of complex systems(though it also is very noisy and has a high fuel consumption). In a land where true aircraft are few and far between, even the primitive An-2 is an extremely useful asset. Under the auspices of Empress Romanov, Novyet Industries of Kiev has introduced a revival version of the Antonov An-2(known to the pre-Rifts NATO identification system as ‘Colt’).
Of course, the design has been updated to better survive the rigors of operations in the changed environment of Rifts Earth; light MDC alloys have replaced the original duralinium skinning and framing of the original design, and the powerplant has been changed to include alcohol-fueled, electric, and nuclear versions. The rest of the aircraft however remains largely unchanged; a stubby, STOL biplane with a large passenger/cargo capacity, and the ability to operate off unimproved airfields(or water and snow, if fitted with pontoons or skis respectively).
The An-2 is manufactured primarily at Novyet’s Kiev and New Moscow facilities, and production has also begun at a factory on the shores of the Caspian Sea, in Warlord Kolodenko’s territories.Though not capable of carrying anything other than the lightest of the Warlords’ cyborg troops, the An-2 is still popular with reaver and soldati soldiery, while some Reaver Mechanized Cavalry troopers have begun reviving the art of paratrooper drop tactics from the aircraft. The An-2 is also popular with scout and raider units for insertions into enemy territory. The Sovietski has also purchased manufacturing rights to the aircraft, and uses its An-2s to service rural communities. Likewise, Kolodenko’s An-2s are used for transport across the Caspian, and for trading with his neighbors in Europe and Asia. The rest of the Warlords have only a handful of An-2s in their territories thus far; typically captured aircraft. Since only Burgasov and Seriyev actually deign to BUY new aircraft and spare parts(though it’s far nicer to get them as prizes of war), those in the hands of Orloff, Sokolov, and Alekseyevna are shoddily maintained and in bad shape, even for the robust An-2 design, more often than not held together with cannibalized parts, baling wire, and a lot of fervent Russian prayer. Of course, since its re-introduction, more than a few An-2s have been acquired by wholly independent Russian souls who are beholden to no Warlord, but who trade between the many remote communities, risking life and limb from harsh weather, monsters, and warbands, with the sort of elan that typified pre-Rifts bushpilots. To these nomadic daredevils, the An-2 is a kindred soul, a faithful packhorse of the sky, and many wind up with their share of distinctive improvised repairs, additions, and home-cooked improvements.
A handful of An-2s have appeared with clear TECHNOWIZARDRY enhancements...It is not known if these aircraft are the work of native Russian technowizards, or the handiwork of transplanted foreigners. Since these aircraft have begin appearing in the southern regions of Russia, it is deemed unlikely that they are the product of the NeoVikings or Arzhur, whose magically-powered aircraft have been plaguing Northern Russia of late.

Type: Antonov An-2 ‘Colt’
Class: Single-Engined Transport Biplane, STOL Agricultural and Utility Aircraft
Crew: 1-2+12 adult passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 90
Engine 50
Wings(4) 35 each
Tail 50
Height: 13 ft
Width: 59 ft 8 in
Length: 40 ft 8 in
Weight: 7.300 lbs unloaded, 12,000 lb fully loaded
Cargo: 12 adult passengers(+2 children) OR 6 stretchers OR 4,700 lbs of dry cargo, chemicals, or water(water bomber/cropduster conversions)
Powerplant: Liquid Fuel(525 mile range), Electric(575 mile range), or Nuclear(uses a modified cyborg powerplant w/ a 10 year energy life)
Speed: 160 mph maximum, typical cruising speed of 120 MPH, maximum altitude of 14,750 ft
Take-off distance: 170 m(roughly 550 ft), landing run: 215 m(roughly 700 ft) (these numbers will of course vary depending on take-off/landing weight, outside air temperature, surface roughness, and headwind---with a good headwind(say, a howling wind off the snowcover), some post-Rifts Russian pilots claim they can effectively VTOL the An-2).
Market Cost: 300,000 credits for basic model, 450,000 credits for electric, and 800,000 credits for nuclear.
Systems of Note:
Basic Aircraft Systems, plus:
*Selectively Inflatable Tires---The landing gear wheels can be remotely pressurized/depressurized, and the brake systems adjusted from the cabin for varying landing surface conditions.
*Landing Gear Brakes---The wheeled version of the landing gear also has brakes, for landing on unimproved short runways
*Onboard Fuel Pump---Just stick the hose into the fueling port, and the onboard fuel pump can drink its fill; no need for specialized onsite fueling equipment or getting out to work a pump.
* Leading Edge Flaps---The An-2 effectively automatically checks its own stall; the leading edge flaps effectively deploy themselves if airpseed/airflow drops below a certain point(40 MPH), allowing springs to push the flaps into the open position.

Note that the An-2 does NOT have a pressurized cabin.

Weapons Systems: None; limited to what can be fired or dropped out the side doors. Improvised combat models have fitted the aircraft with two small torpedo(one Light Torpedo each) or bomb racks(one 200-500 lb bomb each) under the wings, a dorsal gun turret(sporting an infantry-type rail gun, machine gun, or energy rifle), or, in the case of cropdusters, the ability to spray chemical agents.

Variants:
*An-3---An ‘upengined’ variant with a sharper nose and an inline engine replacing the radial engine of the An-2. The post-Rifts Earth variant of this name simply eludes to a slightly more expensive and more powerful , refined engine type that adds a little more speed; + 25 MPH, at greater cost(increase the respective cost of the powerplants by 20%).

*An-4---The so-called ‘An-4’ variant is mounted on twin pontoons(each one has 30 MDC) for water operations. Cost: +20,000 credits

*An-2TW----The Technowizardry version, powered by a TW engine(8 year energy life), cost of 1.2 million credits, and possesses the following features:
*Ley Line Flier---Can fly effectively indefinitely on a ley line.

*Levitation----A low-powered Levitation spell allows the aircraft to make STOL takeoffs and landings, especially important when using unimproved fields or when heavily laden. Can also be used by ground crews to taxi and move landed aircraft for servicing and repair. 30 minutes per 5 PPE.

*Breath Without Air----Enables the aircraft to fly at high altitude without standard pressurization reinforcement----10 minutes per 10 PPE.

*Protective Energy Field---Fairly standard TW protection mechanism, providing 50 MDC per 10 PPE/20 ISP pumped into the system; 10 minute duration per 10 PPE.

*De-Icer---Especially important in Russia’s cold climate; keeps the wings and windows clear of ice build-up. ---2 hours per 5 PPE, or 24 hours for 60 PPE.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Nice work!!

But are you reposting old aircraft that you have already done or they new re-writes them?

Just wondering.

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:Nice work!!

But are you reposting old aircraft that you have already done or they new re-writes them?

Just wondering.

D'oh! :oops:

Suddenly realized that I'd forgotten about the earlier 'Wings of Legend' thread...
Like tracking space junk, it's getting harder for me to remember everything I've put out....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:Nice work!!

Just wondering.

D'oh! :oops:

Suddenly realized that I'd forgotten about the earlier 'Wings of Legend' thread...
Like tracking space junk, it's getting harder for me to remember everything I've put out....

Wings of Legend (TW aircraft)

That contains great planes like:

TW-Mig-17S ‘Sutur’ TW-Jet Fighter
TW-Mig -21 ‘Fishbed'
The Neo-Vikings
Tupolev Tu-91 Bychok Attack Aircraft
Il-28 ‘Beagle’ /TW ‘Breezer’ Light Bomber
Mig-27 ‘Flogger’/TW ‘Firelash’ Attack Jet
Antonov An-2 ‘Colt’ Light Transport Biplane
... "You got it...Russian Millenium Falcon..."
Mig-31 ‘Foxhound’/TW ‘FrostHound’ Air Superiority Fighter
Mil Mi-8 “Hip”/TW “Hellwind” Medium Utility Helicopter
Sukhoi Su-27 ‘Flanker’/TW’FrostWolf’ Air Superiority Fighter

... And that's just Page 1
visit this thread to see more of taalismn's Great work.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

It's OK you need the posting count. :D

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn
Priest

Just trying to get through what I got on the WIPs right now, and RL has handed me a holiday downer, but maybe later.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:

Just trying to get through what I got on the WIPs right now, and RL has handed me a holiday downer, but maybe later.

Bad Joke as normal, any way. :D :-)

Hope things work out.
"RL" means what by the way?

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:[

Hope things work out.
"RL" means what by the way?

Real Life. Had somebody close to me go through a series of bad health incidents to which I was witness. Things are improving, but I'm still processing it. :frazz:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Raze_7
Explorer
Comment: "The best offense is a good defense!" - Somebody unsuccessful.

Unread post by Raze_7 »

I would love to see a Rifts version of Hyperloop, although, with civilization in the state that it is, that might not happen for a VERY long time.
A player character Old One coould possibly be difficult to get past a GM. -Raze_7

"I've caught murderers with my questions before! Well, only once, but..." -Phoenix Wright

"Holy fire burns a hell of a lot." -Chronicle

"According to this polling data, the most popular Star Trek character after Kirk and Picard are Data." - xkcd

http://xkcd.com/1357/
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Raze_7 wrote:I would love to see a Rifts version of Hyperloop, although, with civilization in the state that it is, that might not happen for a VERY long time.

Hyperloop

It 'might not happen' would not count. It already happen in some form in the Golden Age.
What it looks like now, what is being for, is tech or magic powering it (or an Air Elemental) and a few other what ifs..

Nice idea!

Welcome to the forum, Raze_7.

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Very nice. Are both of these last companies. Are they owned by Paladin Steel?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®”