A possible futur after the dominion war

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Re: A possible futur after the dominion war

Unread post by Kovoston »

The leader would have to be VERY powerful to get the two to join forces... They just hate each other so much.

Good luck with the game!
:)
Michael T. Burton
Newb

Unread post by Michael T. Burton »

It’s best that you simply sit down and put the do my essay cheap seatbelt because you aren’t getting the steering wheel during this energetic shift. In this time, you will be both discouraged from and inspired to take steps that might change your life for the better, but it’s best that you simply let the period pass and gain as much insight as you can before doing anything.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Kovoston wrote:The leader would have to be VERY powerful to get the two to join forces... They just hate each other so much.

Good luck with the game!

You really mean 'MINION War', right?
Because 'Dominion War' made me think 'Star Trek', and that ain't right.

Short of the Old Ones breaking free and for whatever reason improbably cornering both Dyvals and Demons in a dimensional cul-de-sac and threatening the entirety of both groups with total extinction, it Aint. Going, To. Happen. Even then, they'll be conspiring to throw each other in front of Total Death.

Your odds are better of Emperor Prosek throwing aside his title and opening a d-bee friendly used book store with Erin Tarn.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

taalismn wrote:
Kovoston wrote:The leader would have to be VERY powerful to get the two to join forces... They just hate each other so much.

Good luck with the game!

You really mean 'MINION War', right?
Because 'Dominion War' made me think 'Star Trek', and that ain't right.

Short of the Old Ones breaking free and for whatever reason improbably cornering both Dyvals and Demons in a dimensional cul-de-sac and threatening the entirety of both groups with total extinction, it Aint. Going, To. Happen. Even then, they'll be conspiring to throw each other in front of Total Death.

Your odds are better of Emperor Prosek throwing aside his title and opening a d-bee friendly used book store with Erin Tarn.
Isn't that his retirement plan right after they both get rejuvenation treatments so that they can enjoy their forbidden love in young, hot bodies?
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
taalismn
Priest

dreicunan wrote:[
Isn't that his retirement plan right after they both get rejuvenation treatments so that they can enjoy their forbidden love in young, hot bodies?

News to me; he dropped me from his email list so we don't talk anymore.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

taalismn wrote:
dreicunan wrote:[

News to me; he dropped me from his email list so we don't talk anymore.

I sense a highly seditious fan fiction in the works...
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
taalismn
Priest

Hotrod wrote:[

I sense a highly seditious fan fiction in the works...

All I said was "'Nondisclosure agreement'? WHAT nondisclosure agreement? I was never told anything about a nondisclosure agreement!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

taalismn wrote:Because 'Dominion War' made me think 'Star Trek', and that ain't right.

I'm getting traumatic flashbacks of how the endings to DS9/Voyager never seemed to conclude anything about the Dominion or the Borg and how all subsequent series have been prequels which didn't resolve the dilemma.
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:[

I'm getting traumatic flashbacks of how the endings to DS9/Voyager never seemed to conclude anything about the Dominion or the Borg and how all subsequent series have been prequels which didn't resolve the dilemma.[/quote]

I thought DS9 ended with the Founders being hamstrung, and Odo teaching them via the Great Link how to be kinder and gentler while their Dominion basically slumped into caretaker mode...It was either that, or Dominion implosion was imminent and a power vacuum likely to be incurred.

As for the 'Borg? I thought the elimination of Matrix Zero-One effectively crippled them...at least until some isolated Queen rose to power and tried to re-establish a warp conduit network...
But yeah, a Borg collapse with a cyborg civil war would have been AWESOME.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
Axelmania wrote:[

I'm getting traumatic flashbacks of how the endings to DS9/Voyager never seemed to conclude anything about the Dominion or the Borg and how all subsequent series have been prequels which didn't resolve the dilemma.

I thought DS9 ended with the Founders being hamstrung, and Odo teaching them via the Great Link how to be kinder and gentler while their Dominion basically slumped into caretaker mode...It was either that, or Dominion implosion was imminent and a power vacuum likely to be incurred.

As for the 'Borg? I thought the elimination of Matrix Zero-One effectively crippled them...at least until some isolated Queen rose to power and tried to re-establish a warp conduit network...
But yeah, a Borg collapse with a cyborg civil war would have been AWESOME.[/quote]

I think there is a book that deals with this (the Borg part) but I actually haven't bought a new Star Trek book in awhile...

As for Deevils and Demons working together.. I'd only see a them work together in limited fashion to accomplish a goal (kill a particular Lord of Light or something like that) but each also setting it up so the other ends up dead and takes the blame for the result they both wanted (so good forces focuses on that group).

Return to “Rifts®”