The Republicans

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

The Republicans

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Was pawing through the UE the other day and read over the D.C. overview and saw it mentioned the Republicans. Realized I've read about them several times in passing but haven't seen anything substantive on them. Anyone know of anything they can point me in the direction of? Thanks!
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Re: The Republicans

Unread post by Kalidor »

Seems like I heard they are in the revised Sourcebook 1 but I don't have that book so I can't say what it entails
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

The CAN Republic guys on the Moon in Mutants in Orbit may be descendants of the Republicans. They have their own non-sentient version of Archie as well.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Kalidor wrote:Seems like I heard they are in the revised Sourcebook 1 but I don't have that book so I can't say what it entails

They are. Even if you have the original Sourcebook 1, the information on the Republicans is worthe the price for the revised.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

random_username wrote:The CAN Republic guys on the Moon in Mutants in Orbit may be descendants of the Republicans. They have their own non-sentient version of Archie as well.

I don't recall this. Where is this information?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
random_username wrote:The CAN Republic guys on the Moon in Mutants in Orbit may be descendants of the Republicans. They have their own non-sentient version of Archie as well.

Mutants in Orbit p. 62 says it is an American based company called Cyberworks Aerospace Network. They form the CAN Republic (not the Republicans) with a multi-national colonization force.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jorel wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Mutants in Orbit p. 62 says it is an American based company called Cyberworks Aerospace Network. They form the CAN Republic (not the Republicans) with a multi-national colonization force.

which has nothing to do with the NEMA decended Republicans.

the CAN republic is an offshoot of Cyberworks company, which built Archie-3, but they wren't part of NEMA and thus not part of the republicans.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
jorel wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

the CAN republic is an offshoot of Cyberworks company, which built Archie-3, but they wren't part of NEMA and thus not part of the republicans.

Thank you for rewording my post to say the same thing. I must have been unclear.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

jorel wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:
jorel wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Thank you for rewording my post to say the same thing. I must have been unclear.

sorry, i must have misread.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Dr Megaverse wrote:Was pawing through the UE the other day and read over the D.C. overview and saw it mentioned the Republicans. Realized I've read about them several times in passing but haven't seen anything substantive on them. Anyone know of anything they can point me in the direction of? Thanks!

The history of the Republicans and their ongoing feud w/Archie 3 is detailed in the Revised SB 1. They're descendants of US Military/CIA/ and NEMA personnel, tho' they've gotten their history a bit tangled. They blame Archie for their problems during
the Dark Ages.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Ahhhhh I see. Much appreciated! Funny, I just finished FO3 and the similarities were striking, another game designer influenced by Rifts I wonder?
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Dr Megaverse wrote:Ahhhhh I see. Much appreciated! Funny, I just finished FO3 and the similarities were striking, another game designer influenced by Rifts I wonder?

We could only wish! Fallout 1,2, & tactics are really cool games. FO3 has great graphics and I'd love to see someone create CS body armor for one of the mods.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
jorel wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Edutainment at its best.

Still might make for an interesting (if in any way appropriate) retcon if Mutants In Orbit was ever revised to be a purely Rifts product.

Provocative and bewildering it is yes. Hmmm. Strange and unusual folks are.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
Brayon
Explorer

Unread post by Brayon »

Without creating a New Topic, does anyone know of other books with the Republicans in it?

So far, I've Seen SB1-R and Rifter #37.

EDIT: Rifter 37 was just artwork.
"No, actually, as there's that really big special rule that overrides any other rules. You know, the one where if something looks stupid or limiting or otherwise hinders game play or fun the GM is free to change or discard the rule." - Nightmask
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Brayon wrote:Without creating a New Topic, does anyone know of other books with the Republicans in it?

So far, I've Seen SB1-R and Rifter #37.

EDIT: Rifter 37 was just artwork.

I believe shemarian nation talks about them as well, at least brief mentions in the archie sections
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

They're also mentioned in passing in the Rifts Earth Minion War book, along with the other local powers/organizations and their reactions to the Infernals coming to Earth(it's along the lines of "We don't have enough information so we'll send scouts and convene a committee about what to do about these new monsters").
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I like the idea of them. And yeah they don't have a lot of mentions over all. I think everyone has covered where they've been covered.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Rifts®”