Gladiator 1 on 1 Juicer/Tattoo man. How would YOU...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Re: Gladiator 1 on 1 Juicer/Tattoo man. How would YOU...

Unread post by Thinyser »

Lenwen wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
Did you try a Titan Juicer Murder Wraith???

Yes , Due to the T-Man's ability to hunt the undead .. the Murder Wraith was one of the easist for him to kill at lvl 15.

The MW is not a normal undead and can only be harmed by magic and silver (of which the T-man has plenty) but not stakeing or water or whatever, plus only the TA Undead Slayer is an "undead hunter" of sorts. A regular T-man is not so no special training to knowedge here. While it would have been a good fight I would have expected there to at least be a couple wins in there for the MW since if you used a Titan juicer it would have about 1200+ HP and regen 3d6 HP every 15 seconds.

If played correctly a MW would run away and regen then come back... like vampires. With creatures that regen that fast the best idea is to come in take a few simultanious attacks (to nullify your opponents ability to parry/dodge) then run away and heal up your damage, rinse repeat. More difficult to do in an arena but not impossible.

Plus where the hell do you find time to run these fights? even rolling both sides of the battle yourself it must take 10-15 minutes per battle and you run that 10 times? :eek:
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mack wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:Another thing: how many tattoos does a 15th lvl regular T-man get?

15th lvl T-Man is going to have at LEAST 28 tattoo's .. and prolly more then that. A 15th lvl T-Man is going to have all known (currently) Power Tattoo's in both Rifts Atlantis and Dimensional Market Splynn.

False. At most, the T-Man will have 18 power tattoos. There are 32 available.

How so ?

lvl 1 = 14 tats .. (total)
Lvl 2 = 2 simple or 1 major. (+1 at Least)
" "
Lvl 15 = 2 simple or 1 major ..

totals- 28 Max to 14 Max PLUS starting tattoo's (14 total) = 28 (low) or 42 (high)
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Thinyser wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Thinyser wrote:
Did you try a Titan Juicer Murder Wraith???

Yes , Due to the T-Man's ability to hunt the undead .. the Murder Wraith was one of the easist for him to kill at lvl 15.

The MW is not a normal undead and can only be harmed by magic and silver (of which the T-man has plenty) but not stakeing or water or whatever, plus only the TA Undead Slayer is an "undead hunter" of sorts. A regular T-man is not so no special training to knowedge here. While it would have been a good fight I would have expected there to at least be a couple wins in there for the MW since if you used a Titan juicer it would have about 1200+ HP and regen 3d6 HP every 15 seconds.

If played correctly a MW would run away and regen then come back... like vampires. With creatures that regen that fast the best idea is to come in take a few simultanious attacks (to nullify your opponents ability to parry/dodge) then run away and heal up your damage, rinse repeat. More difficult to do in an arena but not impossible.

Plus where the hell do you find time to run these fights? even rolling both sides of the battle yourself it must take 10-15 minutes per battle and you run that 10 times? :eek:

Actually it depends on the fight. Lenwen and I post a lot, but not all day. There are times when folks are doing other things. 100 mins is only and hour and forty minutes. It takes about that long to play a video game or watch a movie.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Thinyser wrote:

Simple Weapon Tattoo .. Any style of weapon (it is a magic weapon an as such does full damage to the MW).

Power Tattoo Super human speed ..

Power Tattoo Super human Strength .. (Supernatural Strength Punches do in fact damage the MW as well Sup PS 41 does 6d6 per punch .. )

Power Tattoo : Invulnarability : +1125 MDC.

Dead MW .

If you wanted to get REALLY funky with the MW in combat ..

Power Tattoo : Air Powers - Float in air. Negates the speed of the MW ..

Power Tattoo : Fire Powers - 1d4 per lvl .. at lvl 15 .. that is 1d6x10 = 60 per attack .. for 75 minutes. Its magic so it does in fact injure the MW ..

Power Tattoo : Death Touch - Means every time you punch kick or use your body in an attack its 3d6 MD per attack to the MW ..

Combined with ..

Power Tattoo : Supernatural PS - 41 : you're now inflicting 6d6 MD PLUS the 3d6 from the Death touch per punch .. and if you roll a crit hit .. Your talking some huge numbers ..

Power Tattoo : Invulnerability : +1125 MDC .. just in case the MW gets in a few good shots .. your covered.

Trust me when I say that the MW posed no problem for the 15th lvl Tattoo man...

Thinyser wrote:

Daughters are the ones who always do these fights, when I get home they already have the characters rolled up and want me to GM thier battles.. (Its thier favorite part of Rifts heh)

And other times I'll ask the girls to roll me up certain characters .. then fight it out while I GM the fight.

Right now for instance .. Once I get home today were fighting a MW and a Master Vampire .. both lvl 15's .. (not that lvl's matter to those two classes) but the girls wanted to see what the better undead would be. :lol:
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Lenwen wrote:
Mack wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:Another thing: how many tattoos does a 15th lvl regular T-man get?

15th lvl T-Man is going to have at LEAST 28 tattoo's .. and prolly more then that. A 15th lvl T-Man is going to have all known (currently) Power Tattoo's in both Rifts Atlantis and Dimensional Market Splynn.

How so ?

" "

totals- 28 Max to 14 Max PLUS starting tattoo's (14 total) = 28 (low) or 42 (high)

Level 1 = 12 Tattoos, not 14. (Atlantis, p94)
Levels 2 through 15 = 1 major or 2 minor, for a range of 14 to 28 Tattoos.
Minimum total = 26 Tattoos.
Maximum total = 40 Tattoos.

Out of all those, a T-Man can only have 18 power Tattoos. Four at first level (two are mandatory, two are by choice) plus one at levels 2 through 15. That's only 18, and is barely more than half of the 32 Power Tattoos available. That's why your above statement "is going to have all known (currently) Power Tattoo's " is false.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mack wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Mack wrote:
Lenwen wrote:

How so ?

" "

Level 1 = 12 Tattoos, not 14. (Atlantis, p94)
Levels 2 through 15 = 1 major or 2 minor, for a range of 14 to 28 Tattoos.
Minimum total = 26 Tattoos.
Maximum total = 40 Tattoos.

Out of all those, a T-Man can only have 18 power Tattoos. Four at first level (two are mandatory, two are by choice) plus one at levels 2 through 15. That's only 18, and is barely more than half of the 32 Power Tattoos available. That's why your above statement "is going to have all known (currently) Power Tattoo's " is false.

My dear watson it would in fact appear that you were right and I was wrong heh .. my bad ..
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Lenwen wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Crazy Lou wrote:I also think a 15th level mind melter would be interesting

I think the T-Man would mop the floor with the Mind Melter.
Psionic save from Tattoo's + Super Speed + Supernatural Strength = Dead Mind Melter.

i think there's a lot more potential for interesting stuff to happen than that.

what if the mind melter drops a psionic invisibility, followed by using his powers to make the t-man think there's no need to be ready for battle right now. then, once the t-man's powers are down, that's when the mind melter strikes.

Psionic Invisibility is a Psionic attack. And must be rolled accordingly iirc ..

The Melters powers to make the T-Man think there is no need to be ready for battle .. does not work when the T-Man already is aware of the prior psionic attack .. (the psionic invisibility)

Either way the T-Man gets to roll vs the Psionic invisibility .. and having had to roll against the Psionic attack is now aware a threat is near by .. And is prepping accordingly ..

This isn't much of a fight
First action, telekenetic force feild around the T-man, trapping him. There are no teleport tattoos so he can't except until he inflicts enough damage to depelete all 375 MDC of the feild.

Second action: make a second force feild arond the first one

Then use Bio-manip: paralisis until he fails his roll
then drop the feilds, create a psi-sword and cut off his head.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
First action, telekenetic force feild around the T-man, trapping him. There are no teleport tattoos so he can't except until he inflicts enough damage to depelete all 375 MDC of the feild.

Tattoo Man's turn .. he know's that there is a force field around him restricting his movement .
First action - Power Tattoo : Invulnerability. +1125 MDC.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Second Action: Monster Tattoo : Tri-Tops. 720 MDC 1200ft 6d6md Electricity discharge. Tells the animal to bust threw the force fields ..
Various monsters can be instantly created threw magic thier alotted max MDC for thier species.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Power Tattoo : Psionic resistance +3 to Psionic saves.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lenwen wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Tattoo Man's turn .. he know's that there is a force field around him restricting his movement .

How? The force feild is explicity stated as being invisible, furthermore the mind melter need make no gesture or say anything to make it. The tattoo man has no way to know it's there until he runs into it. none.

First action - Power Tattoo : Invulnerability. +1125 MDC.

Although i'll grant this is probablly a tatoo's man first action in most battles.

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Second Action: Monster Tattoo : Tri-Tops. 720 MDC 1200ft 6d6md Electricity discharge. Tells the animal to bust threw the force fields ..
Various monsters can be instantly created threw magic thier alotted max MDC for thier species.

lesse...well, technically he'd have had to waste his first or second turn in finding out the force feild is actually there, but again, if the -man does have a juggernaut Tattoo like this it's probablly common for him to do this next anyway. Lesse 6d6 MD per discharge. That's a maximum of 36 and about an average of 22 MD per shot. 375 MDC forcefeild. That's an average of 17 turns it'd take for it to bust though. About 2 melee rounds

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Power Tattoo : Psionic resistance +3 to Psionic saves.[/quote]

Save for non-psionic T-man: 15.

with that tattoo active, 12.

Mind melter attacks per melee at level 15: 8

So mathically...yea...T-man still has no chance.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Nek, a few things to consider:

The T-Man can use Call Lightning (from Chain Wrapped Around a Cloud--air powers) for 15D6 MDC, and go straight to the Mind Melter, bypassing the force fields.

Also, even paralyzed the 15th Level T-Man can activate his tattoos. He doesn't have to touch them.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

This was what I was thinking about as well Mack, after rereading some of the abilities of the tattoo's ..

That means even when the Mind Melter has Paralyzed the T-Man, he is lvl 15 .. and can continue to activate that same ability .. for 15 minutes .. at lvl 15 that means 60 straight melee's of using Call lightning with every action of the T-Mans ..

Which equates to 1 dead mind melter.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

And .. depending upon the type of monster the Tattoo man has .. he could just as easily have an Ant Lion monster who can tunnel just as fast as it can move above ground ..

If he has that tattoo monster then a force field bubble on the ground could easily be gotten outta by simply activating that tattoo .. Then following the Ant Lion directly to the Mind Melter (who is now running) the ant Lion can locate the MM running easily enough .. come up under the MM entangle the MM with its tounge, then the T-Man comes up after the Ant Lion and with Supernatural Strength .. Blinds the MM by poking his eyes out .. there by effectivly destroying alotta the abilities of the MM due to having to be able to "See" his target for his powers to take effect on them.

Then its over.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lenwen wrote:This was what I was thinking about as well Mack, after rereading some of the abilities of the tattoo's ..

That means even when the Mind Melter has Paralyzed the T-Man, he is lvl 15 .. and can continue to activate that same ability .. for 15 minutes .. at lvl 15 that means 60 straight melee's of using Call lightning with every action of the T-Mans ..

Actually, the tattoo specifies they can only use call lightning once per melee round.

And the Mind Melters 150 MDC Psychic body feild can easially keep up with that.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Lenwen wrote:This was what I was thinking about as well Mack, after rereading some of the abilities of the tattoo's ..

Actually, the tattoo specifies they can only use call lightning once per melee round.

You never stated the MM put up the Force field around himself ..

You did the following ..

Action 1 - Force field around the T-Man .

Action 2 - Another Force Field around that force field ..

Action 3 - Bio-Manipulation .

You never stated anything about putting up a Pshycic body field. Means the T-man has already killed that MM with 1 shot of the Called lightning.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Lenwen wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

You never stated the MM put up the Force field around himself ..

You did the following ..

Action 1 - Force field around the T-Man .

Action 2 - Another Force Field around that force field ..

Action 3 - Bio-Manipulation .

You never stated anything about putting up a Pshycic body field. Means the T-man has already killed that MM with 1 shot of the Called lightning.

The thread assumed the juicer (or mind melter) would be wearing armor. After the first hit, then the PBF goes up.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Sunu wrote: I don't think anyone has gone to a play by play with this :)

true nuff haha

I'm just being silly :oops:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

see, all that MDC is why i prefer my solution. mind wipe does not care if you have over 1,000. neither does post-hypnotic suggestion or empathy. you summon your monster, by the time it gets to me, you've already decided there's no reason to fight, and since you know i'm so trustworthy, when i ask to touch your temples so i can make you more powerful, you're ok with that.

once i finish melting your mind to the point, then and only then do i bother killing you physically. or, just as likely, i send you to go attack something that you won't survive against.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Shark_Force wrote:see, all that MDC is why i prefer my solution. mind wipe does not care if you have over 1,000. neither does post-hypnotic suggestion or empathy. you summon your monster, by the time it gets to me, you've already decided there's no reason to fight, and since you know i'm so trustworthy, when i ask to touch your temples so i can make you more powerful, you're ok with that.

once i finish melting your mind to the point, then and only then do i bother killing you physically. or, just as likely, i send you to go attack something that you won't survive against.

Hypnotic suggestion: You can take me, you don't need to use any magic...heck, you don't even need to open your eyes.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Shark_Force wrote:see, all that MDC is why i prefer my solution. mind wipe does not care if you have over 1,000. neither does post-hypnotic suggestion or empathy. you summon your monster, by the time it gets to me, you've already decided there's no reason to fight, and since you know i'm so trustworthy, when i ask to touch your temples so i can make you more powerful, you're ok with that.

Mind wipe requires to be able to touch your target ..

If the MM is close enough to touch his opponant in combat scenario against a 15th lvl T-Man ..
The game is prolly over for that MM ..
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mind Melter in my opinion very well could take out a T-man rather easily with Mentally possess others .. then kill self .. in some round about way ..
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Lenwen wrote:

Mind wipe requires to be able to touch your target ..

If the MM is close enough to touch his opponant in combat scenario against a 15th lvl T-Man ..
The game is prolly over for that MM ..

yes. so you start with a hypnotic suggestion "i am completely trustworthy" (after already using other powers to convince the t-man not to fight)

then, you tell him you're going to use your abilities to make him stronger. since he knows you're completely trustworthy, he should have no problem allowing you to touch his temples. and then you mindwipe him. just knock out whatever seems most necessary... depending on how you interpret the mind wipe power, you may be able to wipe away the ability to even use tattoos at all, but even if you can't, you should be able to wipe any memories of him wanting to fight you. (ideally, you don't do a full-blown mind wipe and make it permanent, because 4 ME is a high price to pay... it would be nice if there was a temporary "wipe all memories" that didn't cost 4 ME...)

then, if you can manage to get him helpless, *that* is when you kill him. as i said, being a mind melter, your preferred method of killing him is probably going to be sending him to go fight a vampire intelligence or something like that (after all, he still thinks you're completely trustworthy). regardless, if he loses interest in stopping you and ceases to be an obstacle, then as far as i'm concerned the t-man has been beaten.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Shark_Force wrote: if he loses interest in stopping you and ceases to be an obstacle, then as far as i'm concerned the t-man has been beaten.

That is how Dr. Strange defeated the Hulk one time .. haha
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

[quote="Lenwen]Trust me when I say that the MW posed no problem for the 15th lvl Tattoo man... [/quote]

Then it was ran poorly. Try running it as I said. Run in and attack for a few simul attacks then run away and regen. This way the MW wont accumulate damage but the T-man will. True it will take 10x as long but the MW is undead it has time aplently and knowing its greatest advantage would be its regeneration would NEVER just stand and take licks in a battle.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Thinyser wrote:[

The thing about that is .. Your assuming the MW can damage in melee combat the T-Man with out the T-Man grabbing and holding while doing damage to the MW. Continually...

Thats not going to happen. The T-Man will see whats going on and take counteractions, to adjust to that hit an run styled attack.

:P
Thinyser
Knight
~George Carlin

Lenwen wrote:
Thinyser wrote:[

The thing about that is .. Your assuming the MW can damage in melee combat the T-Man with out the T-Man grabbing and holding while doing damage to the MW. Continually...

Thats not going to happen. The T-Man will see whats going on and take counteractions, to adjust to that hit an run styled attack.

The T-man's PS is for a human: max roll 30, +1 from being a T-man, +6 from the Supernatural Strength Tattoo = 37 Physical skills could bring this up to a 47. Average roll is gonna be about 11, +1 from being a T-man, +6 from the Supernatural Strength Tattoo = 18 Physical skills could bring this up to a 28. But taking this many Phisical skills to get the max 10 PS point increase would not likly happen for a T-man as they are generally more well rounded than this. Most likely they would have about +5-6 from skills for an average T-man making the total about 23-24.

The Titan Juicer taking them all makes sense though as they are kinda one trick ponies to begin with and would use every advantage they could to be as strong as they could be... thats why they massivly shortened their lifespan to get huge from the Titan juicer modification. Max roll 30, plus max 2d6+8, +11 from physical skills (they have access to juicer football which gives +1 PS) = 61 max total
Average roll 11, average 2d6+8= +15, +11 for physical skills = 37

So an average juicer will beat the strength check of an average T-man with their strength tattoo activated. Same goes for a maxed out juicer vs a maxed out T-man. So wrestling with a titan juicer murder wraith is actually giving the Juicer the advantage... other than the death touch thing but again the MW isnt gonna stick around and take it. Its gonna disengage, go regen, and come back at or near 100% while the T-man has to spend his precious PPE to renew his armor tattoos once they drop.

Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Thinyser, why do you assume the MW can disengage and regen? First, it's an arena setting. Second, the T-Man can run at 180 mph or fly at 200 mph.

Also, why do you assume that the T-Man doesn't use debilitating magic, such as the Blind tattoo?
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Lenwen wrote:Power Tattoo : Death Touch - Means every time you punch kick or use your body in an attack its 3d6 MD per attack to the MW ..

You get a save vs. deathtouch so not every time.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Thinyser, why do you assume the MW can disengage and regen? First, it's an arena setting. Second, the T-Man can run at 180 mph or fly at 200 mph.

Also, why do you assume that the T-Man doesn't use debilitating magic, such as the Blind tattoo?

Thinyser, You're also 100% completely forgetting the fact that the T-Man is GOING to have Monster tattoo's which means the T-Man will have at LEAST 1 Monster if not more at 15th lvl I'm willing to bet at LEAST 2 monsters are going to be part of his arsenal.

Which means those 2 monsters will be pressing the attack against the MW with or with out the MW running to engauge the T-Man and running away ..

I've done this fight. 20 times now. 10 times the first time I posted about the T-Man vs Juicers, then again another 10 times after you said try the MW.

After 20 fights .. the MW only won a total of 4 fights. The MW is simply outclassed in this fight by the T-Man.
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Lenwen wrote:I've done this fight. 20 times now. 10 times the first time I posted about the T-Man vs Juicers, then again another 10 times after you said try the MW.

After 20 fights .. the MW only won a total of 4 fights. The MW is simply outclassed in this fight by the T-Man.

That equals 4 out of 10 (MW over T-Man). Not 4 out of 20.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Mack wrote:
Crucible wrote:Hyperion may stand a very small chance with his speed. Delphi the same, Titan hrmm....no, and the Mega and Dragon just might do something, but the T-Man is a walking Power Armor. A walking Naruni Tech power armor.

I don't see the Hyperion's speed making a difference. All it can do is impart a strike penalty to the T-Man but it does nothing to help win the fight.

The Dragon Juicer is just an MDC Juicer. There's nothing there to take down a T-Man with.

However, I'm reminded of one nasty combination that just might stand a chance... a Hawrk-ka (Atlantis p75) Maxi-Killer (JU, p53). He's impervious to magic, hyped up, and naturally armored.

Except that they are impervious to magic. Bio-wizardy is a type of magic, therefore, the implant would never take hold.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mack wrote:
Lenwen wrote:I've done this fight. 20 times now. 10 times the first time I posted about the T-Man vs Juicers, then again another 10 times after you said try the MW.

That equals 4 out of 10 (MW over T-Man). Not 4 out of 20.

Had tried this fight 20 times total.

10 times in a row each time.

The MW only won 2 fights each .. 10 time times.

Thats 2-8 record. per 10 fights.
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Mack wrote:
Crucible wrote:Hyperion may stand a very small chance with his speed. Delphi the same, Titan hrmm....no, and the Mega and Dragon just might do something, but the T-Man is a walking Power Armor. A walking Naruni Tech power armor.

I don't see the Hyperion's speed making a difference. All it can do is impart a strike penalty to the T-Man but it does nothing to help win the fight.

The Dragon Juicer is just an MDC Juicer. There's nothing there to take down a T-Man with.

However, I'm reminded of one nasty combination that just might stand a chance... a Hawrk-ka (Atlantis p75) Maxi-Killer (JU, p53). He's impervious to magic, hyped up, and naturally armored.

Except that they are impervious to magic. Bio-wizardy is a type of magic, therefore, the implant would never take hold.

Nek, read the description on p53 of JU. That combo is explicitly allowed despite it's contradictory nature.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Mack wrote: That combo is explicitly allowed despite it's contradictory nature.

True story.

Funny but true .. much like the none psionic nature of some Cyber-Knights that STILL get to pick Psionic powers ..

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

15th lvl T-Man vs Murder Wraith.

Murder Wraiths only advantages
1) - Regeneration.
2) - Autododge.

T-Mans Advantages.
1) - Everything he does punches kicks headbutts everything does damage to the Murder Wraith.

2) - Can Summon at LEAST 1 and possibly 2-4 other Monsters to fight for him or with him. (at lvl 15.)
___ as magical construct's they will do MD to the Murder Wraith in melee combat.

3) - Various other tattoo's even the playing field, in flying, and running .. the Murder Wraith is NOT going to be able to do hit and run tactic's on a 15th lvl T-Man with either the fly or the run Tattoo as either one grants the T-man a speed of at LEAST bere minimun of 180MPH.

Outcome: T-Man wins in a relativly long fight. Due to the Bio-Regeneration of the Murder Wraith. A Smart Murder Wraith might be able to injure the T-Man pretty badly but overall once that T-Man hits the Invulnerability Tat its instantly +1125 MDC armor.

And at that lvl its something the T-Man can keep up quite a considerable time, when it gets low (that is "IF") then he merely re-engauges the tattoo again.

The T-Man simply outclasses the Murder Wraith at the higher lvl's .. but at the lower lvls it is a much much more balanced fight. (If the T-man does not have any monster tattoos)
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:The TT-man has always been one of my favorite classes, because it truelly does become much more powerful as you progress

I'm partial to Atlanteans and my fave is the Undead Slayer.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Latly I have been favoring the T-Archer and the Bio-Borg .. bigtime.

;)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I think a Murder Wraith could win using hit and run tactics to deplete PPE. Can T-men even get the PPE/melee from ley lines that spellcasters can? If so, is the battle at a ley line or not? This would be a major factor in determining whether or not the T-men's PPE can keep up with guerilla undead tactics.

They'd probably want to sleep during the day, too.

Anyway... another reason I'm bumping this, I have a Q about Juicers and Tats and this is the only thread which addresses both topics...

We know Humans/Ogres/Elves/Atlanteans can become Juicers. We know they can get magic tattoos.

1. Presumably a Juicer could get 1-6 with no problems. Can a juicer receive a 7th? If so, what happens?
2. Can one of these races who has 7 or more (usually making them into a tattoo-related OCC) receive a Juicer Conversion?

This might vary based upon Juicer type, too. I would lump Standard/Hyperion/Phaeton/Titan/Coalition together since they're all SDC...
...Although Coalition/Titan have the metal implants so I dunno if that would be an issue with tats in some way.

Delphi and Psycho-Stalker would be unable to get tats since they're master psionics...
...unless of course it was Atlantean, in which case, they could continue to get tattoos, but the tats would not give the PPE bonus from tats that Atlanteans get, nor would it turn them MDC, just give SDC bonuses and more options.

Not sure how things would work with Mega/Dragon/Splugorth due to being MDC. There is that issue in SDM where humans who become supernatural beings can't get tats (presumably Undead Slayers and Monster Hunters are a unique exception to this).

Mega+Dragon are explicitly supernatural beings, not sure if it says that somewhere about Murder Wraiths too, haven't underlined it like with prior 2, but common sense dictates they would be.

The one Juicer I'm in the dark about is the Splugorth/Bio-Wizard/Maxi-Killer Juicer. Does anyone see it saying anything about them becoming supernatural creatures? I only see them called MDC beings with 'attributes' raised to supernatural levels (and supernatural PS/PE does not mean you're supernatural, per Kreeghor, also a product of Splugorth bio-wizardry). This is the most critical class too, since they would be the most likely of all Juicers to have access to tattoos. I'm surprised the class did not address this...

One assumes this 'becomes supernatural' restriction applies to elves too... which probably rules out Asgardian/Star elves, not sure about Jungle Elves though.

Something that also occurred to me... would True Atlantean immunity to transformation prevent TA-Juicers from undergoing the Murder Wraith process? Any other kinds of Juicing?

Similar tattoo-related Qs would also apply to the various Crazy/Psynetic OCCs, particularly that Crazy-Psi-Stalker in South America.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Crucible wrote:
taalismn wrote:JUicer with a good entangling weapon like a net or set of hooks...if he can keep the T-Man from reaching his tattooes, maybe pin him down...

I say good luck with that one.

at level 15 it won't help as they can activate tatts without having to touch them. Honestly at that level T man should win. At lower levels its more even fight but T men scale in power MUCH more than juicers do whose advancement curve is pretty flat.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

wow sorry did not see this was necromancy.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

It's a discussion about Murder Wraiths bro.

Necromancy is nothing to apologize for.

Charismatic Aura can always cover you up for the prejudiced.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

taalismn wrote:JUicer with a good entangling weapon like a net or set of hooks...if he can keep the T-Man from reaching his tattooes, maybe pin him down...

15th level T man, from level 7 on they no longer need to actually touch their tats to activate them...

Of course, immobilizing the T man might give time to pound him down, or at least lower his protections.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Svartalf
Champion

Mack wrote:

So, basically, the only way the T guy would have to hurt it would be to have the broken chain (SN Strength) and fisticuffs, unless properly equipped (Kittani Plasma sword?)
Svartalf
Champion

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote:The TT-man has always been one of my favorite classes, because it truelly does become much more powerful as you progress

Only if it is in fair relation with an owner able to bestow magic tats on him, or is friends with a chiang ku or the like

Return to “Rifts®”