Rifts NA map

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Rifts NA map

Unread post by mobuttu »

AUTHOR EDIT - MOBUTTU. Files refreshed on 08/26/2020

NA Rifts Atlas v.1.6.: Latest version available.
Download from Google Drive.

NA Rifts Atlas v.1.6.:Tribal Wars.
Download Google Drive.

---------------------MODERATOR EDIT - Mack----------------------
As of 16 Feb 2019, some of the links are broken. However, I just confirmed the following ones:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/iwrsniu81 ... s-v1_6.png
http://i.imgur.com/ic0eyrC.jpg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ys20C ... izJQ9Q_H_r
Last edited by mobuttu on Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Rifts NA map

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

mobuttu wrote:At last! It's done. Download it by clicking on the map image. Enjoy! 8) (Warning it's a 4,5 MB pdf).

A 5 MB file size requires a warning now? Wow, are you from the Dialup era? I've heard horrible stories about that time. Is it true that you had to make your own COM ports with Horsehair and opossoum sinew? :D

More seriously, it's a cool map, even though I think maps in RPGs is sort of like Sking by tying cement blocks to the bottom of your bare feet
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
mobuttu wrote:At last! It's done. Download it by clicking on the map image. Enjoy! 8) (Warning it's a 4,5 MB pdf).

A 5 MB file size requires a warning now? Wow, are you from the Dialup era? I've heard horrible stories about that time. Is it true that you had to make your own COM ports with Horsehair and opossoum sinew? :D

Sorry. Force of habit. Ahhh, those Dialup years... :bandit:

Nekira Sudacne wrote:More seriously, it's a cool map, even though I think maps in RPGs is sort of like Sking by tying cement blocks to the bottom of your bare feet

Thanks every one for your kind words. Nekira, I can agree with you, but for many people (me included) it really helps, and I didn't write those worldbooks where those places are mentioned -even mapped sometimes-, after all. I just put it all together. :wink:

CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

More seriously, it's a cool map, even though I think maps in RPGs is sort of like Sking by tying cement blocks to the bottom of your bare feet

Hey, it's still a valid warning. I've only had broadband for about 18 months, and that was because I moved. If I didn't, I'd still be stuck with dialup.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

CyCo wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Hey, it's still a valid warning. I've only had broadband for about 18 months, and that was because I moved. If I didn't, I'd still be stuck with dialup.

Should we put up Warning: Horse drawn carriage crossing signs again too? :lol: :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
CyCo wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Should we put up Warning: Horse drawn carriage crossing signs again too? :lol: :D

lol, no I think that one is old enough to not worry about. 8p
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

Map is excellent! Is there a key for the colors? Or am I just blind? Does one of the colors indicate your home made locations? I noticed there were ley lines in Texas and I thought according to source there was only suppose to be 1 in the whole state.

Again, very bad ass!

C. Chopps
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Nice map Mobuttu. I've been wondering where you've been lately! Keep up the great work!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

cchopps wrote:

Map is excellent! Is there a key for the colors? Or am I just blind? Does one of the colors indicate your home made locations? I noticed there were ley lines in Texas and I thought according to source there was only suppose to be 1 in the whole state.

Again, very bad ass!

C. Chopps

You're right. I forgot key map colors. Here you are (I'll be edited next time):

In yellow: Native America preserve/places of importance
In red: Tolkeen allied cities
In green: Other Non CS States
In Blue: CS States (crossed dots are Fortifications)
In fuchsia: Ruined cities/towns
In lilac: Pecos Empire
In black: Relief
In light Brown: Arzno related places
In Dark Green: Colorado Baronies
In Electric blue: Ley Lines
In Dark Red: Federation of magic-Psyscape
In Brown: Free Quebec

Except in few occasions (such as the exact location of Bloom and Fort Tanner) I have tried to stick to the original sources (so, nos Home made locations). Ley line are very difficult to place as very few are mapped on official sources, usually only mentioned where a nexus is placed (not the exact lenght nor orientation). Rifts WB13 Lone Star maps all major Ley Lines in that state.
Last edited by mobuttu on Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Lobo wrote:I think there are lots of homemade editions. For example he has the loc of Wilk's factory but I have never seen that published. Then Lazlo has no ley lines yet Lazlo is powered by harnessing a rift so we know that area has ley lines and nexuses. Still it's a great map to have a kudos to the maker. :)

As I said, I tried to stick to the sources. Wilks factory location is named in pg 203 at WB14 New West. You are right with the Lazlo Rift. Sorry I'd edit it ASAP. Thanks for saying it. :-) Every suggestion to improve the map is welcome!

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Burulovesyou wrote:great start. I found it kinda funny that there were no ley lines in the magic zone but texas was chalk full of em

Magic Zone Ley Lines are not mapped on the sources (except those mentioned around Merctown). You have to assume they are placed everywhere (I use Random Ley Line table location at RUE pg. 191).

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Aramanthus wrote:Nice map Mobuttu. I've been wondering where you've been lately! Keep up the great work!

Thank you very much! I appreciate your cheering words! :-D

Rahmota
Adventurer

Unread post by Rahmota »

Wow that is a great map. Good job.

And BTW I am STILL in the dialup era as the dang companies wont run the broadband out here. At my fastest connection speed I connect at 28800 Bps. So surfing the web is done with abook in front of me pretty much. But at least it makes me prioritize things to go visit.
TANSTAAFL!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Very nice work.

I noticed one thing though: The CS Naval Base Waukegan appears twice, once just north of the Old Chigaco ruins, and once in the middle of Indiana.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Mack wrote:Very nice work.

I noticed one thing though: The CS Naval Base Waukegan appears twice, once just north of the Old Chigaco ruins, and once in the middle of Indiana.

Thanks! Now I don't exactly know what happened. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

mobuttu wrote:
Mack wrote:Very nice work.

Thanks! Now I don't exactly know what happened. I'll try to fix it ASAP.

I need help! I can't seem to find what place do the CS Naval Base Waukegan in the middle on Indiana should be. It is placed in the actual city of Lafayette. Can someone point me book and pg number refering this place? Or is it an error? Thanks.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Here you are the Shemarrian Nation updating and the new version (1.1) of the whole NA atlas.

Hope you like it.
Last edited by mobuttu on Fri Aug 07, 2009 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I'm not going to knock him. When I put my NA map up years ago, I had to split the map in half and put a thumbnail up for each half. This reminds me that I need to update my map one of these days. Quick Note: Check out my East Coast for some locations you missed in Canada. Also, you'd be better off not using the map from Rifts Canada for the location of Free Quebec. It contradicts the location described in all of the previous books.

Over all, quite impressive. Now I just need to get it rotated. :-P

Edit: Updated link to new website.
Last edited by devillin on Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
devillin
Adventurer

mobuttu wrote:I need help! I can't seem to find what place do the CS Naval Base Waukegan in the middle on Indiana should be. It is placed in the actual city of Lafayette. Can someone point me book and pg number refering this place? Or is it an error? Thanks.

It is an error. I remember I saw the same thing way back when. I think it was supposed to be another mega-city, like a little Chi-town, but they used the wrong name. It has never been corrected. I never included it.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

IT'S WONDERFUL! (SOB)
Aramanthus
Monk

The link didn't work. Could someone repost it? Please.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

devillin wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I'm not going to knock him. When I put my NA map up years ago, I had to split the map in half and put a thumbnail up for each half. This reminds me that I need to update my map one of these days. Quick Note: Check out my East Coast for some locations you missed in Canada. Also, you'd be better off not using the map from Rifts Canada for the location of Free Quebec. It contradicts the location described in all of the previous books.

Thanks, I'll fix it. Could you tell me where did you get those missing Canada locations?

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Koz wrote:Picture won't load for me and I can't download it. I had no problem downloading the earlier version, but not this one. Don't know what's wrong.

Koz

try right clicking your mouse and saving that way, I've encountered the same problem. :ok:
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I've found that the Denver location is a little off, I live in denver and we're a little more southerly and a liitle more to the west(not alot,just a little), and the denver area extends all the way to the mountains, by 2098 I expect Denver to extend all the way into the mountains. Check local colorado maps for areas west of denver like Frisco and Silverthorne (assuming the D-shifting didn't eliminate them). Otherwise great map. I definitely plan on using this one! :-o :-D
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
devillin
Adventurer

mobuttu wrote:
devillin wrote:I'm not going to knock him. When I put my NA map up years ago, I had to split the map in half and put a thumbnail up for each half. This reminds me that I need to update my map one of these days. Quick Note: Check out my East Coast for some locations you missed in Canada. Also, you'd be better off not using the map from Rifts Canada for the location of Free Quebec. It contradicts the location described in all of the previous books.

Thanks, I'll fix it. Could you tell me where did you get those missing Canada locations?

It's been a couple of years, but I think I got them either from Rifts Canada or one of the earlier Index books.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Well done! :ok:
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Jmac wrote:Great job on the map. Any plans on doing maps on any other parts of Rifts Earth.

I'm afraid not. :oops:

Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

mobuttu wrote:
Jmac wrote:Great job on the map. Any plans on doing maps on any other parts of Rifts Earth.

I'm afraid not. :oops:

Don't be embarased, there really isn't enough material to do any other parts of Earth.

I love this, now to get access to a plotter to print it out.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Greyaxe wrote:I love this, now to get access to a plotter to print it out.

Thanks! :)

@Koz: ASAP i'll try to upload in pdf form for easier donwloading.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

New Version of the Rifts NA map (v.1.2) including the above suggestions. Thanks all that contributed. :-D Click on the image to download it (Warning: 15 MB pdf file.)

@Koz: Now you download a pdf file. Hope you have no problem accessing it.

Aramanthus
Monk

Finally got a chance to look at it. Looks great!

HH....FIE
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Aramanthus wrote:Finally got a chance to look at it. Looks great!

Aramanthus wrote:Thanks man! You did a great job and I was bummed that I couldn't download it, but now I can! I'll certainly be using this in my campaign.

Thanks to the both of you. Should you use I'll be happy (that's why I do it for). Any further suggestions to improve the map are very welcomed. :D

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Can't access any of them...
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

psam_rage wrote:Can't access any of them...

What seems to be the problem? You have to click on the map image. Then scroll down the opened site and click on the "Save file to your PC: click here" sentence.

Hope this helps. :angel:

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

:oops:

"I feel like an idiot..."
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

psam_rage wrote:...
:oops:

"I feel like an idiot..."

Don't worry, I couldn't find it the fist time I tried to acces it. :wink:

Aramanthus
Monk

So now you have to wait until another new product comes out with something for North America. Just out of curiousity. Are you going to map out other areas of the world?

HH....FIE
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Aramanthus wrote:So now you have to wait until another new product comes out with something for North America. Just out of curiousity. Are you going to map out other areas of the world?

Sorry, I'm afraid not. :oops: This map has been a huge work, so now I'm centered in other projects for my Rifts blog (reviews, info compendium, etc.)

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Years ago, the IRL group I was with made a merc group, and it looks like 'fort tanner', or a little upriver, is just about where their 'company town" Prague would be located. With Mt Valley City, an isolated high tech town that weathered the coming of the rifts fairly easily, but not w/o developing it's weapons industry.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Topic stickied because the map is just that darned good.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Mack wrote:Topic stickied because the map is just that darned good.

Wow!! I'm flattered! :oops:

sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

Good Stuff Mobuttu :ok:
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

All I get a page full of ad links, there no where to download the map. this is one of the reasons I hate blogs and Freehosting sites it never easy. Give me a simple HTML page any day. Hell I host the damn thing on my web space if I can get a copy of it. Just so the rest of the forum can get away from this headache!
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Saitou Hajime wrote:All I get a page full of ad links, there no where to download the map. this is one of the reasons I hate blogs and Freehosting sites it never easy. Give me a simple HTML page any day. Hell I host the damn thing on my web space if I can get a copy of it. Just so the rest of the forum can get away from this headache!

See the first entry of this thread:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated download instructions from Mack:
-- Click on this link. You're pop-up blocker will probably starting pinging, but don't change your settings.
-- At the bottom of the page, in small print, you will see "Save file to your PC: click here." Use that link to download the PDF file (ignore the giant "download" button at the page bottom). Please note that it is a 20MB file.
-- DISCLAIMER: As with any online file, please take appropriate security procautions. While this file is provided by mobuttu in good faith, the possibility of third-party malice always exists.

A ".png" format version is also available at this link courtesy of SkyeFyre.

Hope this helps.

Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

mobuttu wrote:
Saitou Hajime wrote:All I get a page full of ad links, there no where to download the map. this is one of the reasons I hate blogs and Freehosting sites it never easy. Give me a simple HTML page any day. Hell I host the damn thing on my web space if I can get a copy of it. Just so the rest of the forum can get away from this headache!

See the first entry of this thread:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Updated download instructions from Mack:
-- Click on this link. You're pop-up blocker will probably starting pinging, but don't change your settings.
-- At the bottom of the page, in small print, you will see "Save file to your PC: click here." Use that link to download the PDF file (ignore the giant "download" button at the page bottom). Please note that it is a 20MB file.
-- DISCLAIMER: As with any online file, please take appropriate security procautions. While this file is provided by mobuttu in good faith, the possibility of third-party malice always exists.

A ".png" format version is also available at this link courtesy of SkyeFyre.

Hope this helps.

I see no such text, I am using Chrome if it matters. I see nothing that fits this description on the page. My offer still stands, I willing to host the file if I can get a copy.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

I finally got the map down it it sweet, for the area it does cover, I would have liked it to be more of Canada especially since the Tundra Rangers [Descendent's of the RCMP] are in the NWT which is totally not on the map.

That said I am gladly going to host the PDF so that other don't have to go through the trouble. The links will get switched as I have come to an agreement with mobuttu.

Until then this is the link for 1.2 version of the map http://www.daimyo-shi.net/rifts/rifts_atles_v1_2.pdf

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Saitou Hajime wrote: The links will get switched as I have come to an agreement with mobuttu.

Until then this is the link for 1.2 version of the map http://www.daimyo-shi.net/rifts/rifts_atles_v1_2.pdf

The switch has been done. Thank you Saitou for hosting it! :)

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

duck-foot wrote:how about a map of eurasia?

That would be fine, but not from me (I even have to finish some details from NA map).

TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

I keep getting File is Damaged and cannot be repaired.

:(
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

TechnoGothic wrote:I keep getting File is Damaged and cannot be repaired.

I'm sorry. It works fine for me... :-?

Return to “Rifts®”