Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:Here's some gear for one of the fringe tribes. I've got a couple more in the works for the Radiant Edge.

Radiant Edge Gear.

:nuke: :nuke: :nuke:
:ok: :ok: :ok:

Definitely going to hardcopy!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Yet More Kantarn(Shemarrian Wolf) Breeds
*EShe-21CSh
----Kantaran Nocturnus ---(aka ‘Batwolf’) Essentially a Shemarrian Wolf fitted with bionic wings in place of its forelegs. The Nocturnus has a 15 ft wingspan and each wing has 110 MDC. The Nocturnus’s running speed on all fours drops to a meager 20 MPH, but it can fly at 100 MPH(maximum altitude 3 miles) and is +2 to dodge in flight. Fringe Tribe Clan Shelley introduced this variant, and it’s been shared with the Lost Eclipse/Nightmares as well.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Four days before Xmas, I give to you all, a fringe tribe/cult who influences young civilizations into experimenting themselves into extinction.

The Enblightened

“PPE is as much as a part of this universe as gravity and light, yet is not treated as an equal. The mages hoard their secrets, not allowing for growth or study, even when asked about understanding, the mage claws at the public with fiends and spells. Demolish their mindset of dusty old elders and past golden ages, and the power of PPE is developed, worked with the other physical laws even in places PPE is nonexistent. Learning is a welcomed plague, which infects a host and spreads to change. Recall these pillars and more, for becoming enblightened is something everyone should catch.”
-Vector Ripplsong, an Enblightened speaking to a crowd of people in a city hall somewhere and when.

“When asked what cultures should wiped out for the safety of everyone, instead of the Collation States, I vote these people, solely for their thinking and corruption of our founder’s guiding idea.”
- Principle Harmon Sands, during a debate over the ethics of cultural destruction.

Advanced, patient and inspiring, the religious outlook of the Enblightened can easily be underestimated until the right circumstances. They travel across the megaverse, one to a civilization in a semi industrial state. There they take a form of the population as an androgyny pilgrim/handyman, helping out and spreading memes that spread with conversation. With enough influence technology advances rapidly and dangerously, usually burning out the population. When the creations recorded, the pilgrim moves to another world. When facing magic, they are able to create areas where PPE is nonexistent, though it is taxing on the person. In combat, they usually use supertech that appears of divine or arcane origin but is only for appearance. They collect these result of their work for an entity that hungers for conflict and is hatful of the power of magic. A few theories include this entity is obsessed with anti PPE areas of the Megaverse.

a) Evolved Naturally
b)Where First Encountered: Other Universe
c)Tribe Size: Small
d)Tribe Organization: Loose Theocracy
e)Tribal Composition: 100 percent Orseme
f) Highest Caste Class: Pristine Zero aka Wargoddess
g) Gender Division All transgender/Androgyonys
h) Home Environment: Nomadic Pilgrims
i)Technology Level: Early supertech, simulated magic of superb advancement
j) Relations with Outsiders: Mostly rumored, appear on and off
k)Relations with Other ‘Shemarrians’: Dangerous, and should be destroyed before they become something worse.
l) Purpose: Record all technology and sciences for an archive, cause rapid advancement on small civilizations and turn people away from magic
m) Preferred Mode of Combat: Efficient and Adaptive
n) Unique Attributes: No warmounts and advanced simulated magic
o) Prosperity: Self Sufficient
p) Chart P: Origin Tribe: N/A
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Four days before Xmas, I give to you all, a fringe tribe/cult who influences young civilizations into experimenting themselves into extinction.

The Enblightened

Wow...they read like the Mechanoids corrupted a bunch of Oreseme :shock: :eek: :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

A couple more Radiant Edge weapons. Weapons for elite members, and they only get stronger with all the radiation around them...

Radian Cannon
Experimenting with radioactive materials led the Radiant Edge tribe to some interesting results that they are field testing. The first is the radian cannon, a particle weapon based on the neutron rifle, that is greatly enhanced by nearby energy weapon discharges. The radian cannon's core has a material that collects ambient energy from powerful discharges, such as weapons fire, and especially radiation. This energy enhances the output of the weapon, making them especially dangerous heavy weapons when nearby weapons, especially the Radiant Edge's neutron weapons. These weapons are in limited production as the materials required are extremely difficult to make, with only elite warriors being issued these weapons.
Weight: 55 lbs
Range: 1000 feet
Mega-Damage: 1d6x10 M.D., double damage to organic targets.
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 6 shots from an e-clip.
Special: For every energy weapon discharge, such as lasers, ion and plasma weapons, fired in the same melee round before the radian cannon is fired, it gains a +2 damage for every weapon discharged within 30 feet. Particle beam weapons grant a +3, and radiation based weapons, such as neutron grenades or neutron weapons grant a +5. The radian cannon can only hold this energy for 1 melee round before it dissipates and loses the bonus damage. When used in a radiation filled area, the radian cannon gains +1 damage the entire time it is used within the radioactive area. This damage stacks for every weapon fired before the next time the radian cannon fires within 1 melee round.

Radian Pistol
This heavy pistol is a pistol version of the radian cannon, with the same ability to increase damage by collecting ambient energy from nearby weapons discharges, only with shorter range. The radian pistols are even rarer than the cannons, issued to high ranking elites and members of a tribe's high council.
Weight: 13 lbs
Range: 200 feet
Mega-Damage: 5d6 M.D., double damage to organic targets.
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 10 shots from an e-clip.
Special: For every energy weapon discharge, such as lasers, ion and plasma weapons, fired in the same melee round before the radian cannon is fired, it gains a +2 damage for every weapon discharged within 15 feet. Particle beam weapons grant a +3, and radiation based weapons, such as neutron grenades or neutron weapons grant a +5. The radian cannon can only hold this energy for 1 melee round before it dissipates and loses the bonus damage. When used in a radiation filled area, the radian cannon gains +1 damage the entire time it is used within the radioactive area. This damage stacks for every weapon fired before the next time the radian cannon fires within 1 melee round.
taalismn
Priest

"Nuke'em until they glow, then shoot them in the dark." :nuke:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:"Nuke'em until they glow, then shoot them in the dark." :nuke:

Pretty much. Have a couple radian cannons in a squad with the rest armed with neutron rifles, and watch that nice little 1d6x10 turn into something like 1d6x10+40 or more!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[

Pretty much. Have a couple radian cannons in a squad with the rest armed with neutron rifles, and watch that nice little 1d6x10 turn into something like 1d6x10+40 or more!

Yep. Truly a Chernobyl Moment. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I'll try to do some more for the ladies (and other post thread subjects as well) in 2015. I've just been in such a creative dead-zone lately. :frust: :nh:
Well, that and my Warframe addiction has eaten up the rest of my attention... :erm: :oops:
https://warframe.com/
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

I was hoping to end the year with some WIP-clearing mega-Warmounts, but we had a bad period of health emergencies(to which I was ringside) in my family that threw our holiday season off(family's back home and recovering, but not as fast as he'd like), so I haven't gotten as much as I'd like done. I'm working back up to steam, after I get the Ice Guard material for Robotech in my head out into the world. The girls still got lots of Christmas presents coming to them from me. :wink:
In the meantime, the people here(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terra_Formars) look like they could use the services of the Obsidian Edge clan for some pest extermination.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Some Ghost Rider equipment this time..

Ghost Rider Gear

The Ghost Riders have fewer elites than the other Tribes, but have other means of enhancing themselves temporarily, allowing them to adapt to various missions, with the right equipment.

Kinetic Amplifier
The kinetic amplifier is a thick card like device, a bit larger than a credit chip, or identification cards, which connects to the Shemarrian's body, then interfaces with the motor controls and targeting systems. A temporary program is uploaded to the Shemarrian, pushing the robotic muscles beyond safety limits and uploading targeting software enhancements which run for a short period of time. This makes the Shemarrian's melee attacks stronger and more accurate, however it lowers the Shemarrian's ability to defend her/his self. For 2 minutes, the Shemarrian is enhanced, afterwards, the kinetic amplifier burns out and falls off the Shemarrian, a useless hung of slag.
For 2 minutes, the Shemarrian gains +5 to all melee attacks, speed is increased by +20, and +10 to robotic strength, but suffers -5 to dodge and parry. After the 2 minutes, the Shemarrian's robotic muscles go into a safemode to allow its onboard repair nanites to repair any damage from the overload, suffering -5 to P.P., P.S and -20 speed to the original stats for 5 minutes. The penalty to dodge and parry still persist during this time.
Weight: 2 lbs.
Availability: Ghost Rider Tribe only so far, but a few have been traded to a few members of Bloodriders and Skull Crushers.

Counter Strike
This round device, about the size of a small grenade, breaks in half and connects to the arms of the Shemarrian. Once connected, a temporary program is uploaded into the Shemarrian, upgrading her abilities to counter melee attacks.
The Shemarrian enjoys a +2 to Dodge and Parry, but when attacked in melee, after dodging or parrying, the Shemarrian gains a free IMMEDIATE melee attack against their attacker at -5. This attack does not count against the Shemarrian's normal attacks per melee, but dodging or parrying does as normal.
The Counter Strike lasts for only 1 minute, then burns up and falls off the Shemarrian in a pile of melted plastic and slag.
Weight: 4 lbs
Availability: Ghost Rider tribe only.

Evasion Patch
This square piece of plastic with a slightly raised circle on top is placed on the Shemarrian's body and uploads a temporary program to enhance the Shemarrian's ability to evade attacks.
For about 1 minute, the Shemarrian enjoys automatic dodge, +6 to Dodge and +5 to parry, but suffer -4 to attack rolls. After the minute, the patch burns up, falling off the Shemarrian in a pile of melted plastic.
Weight: 10 oz
Availability: Ghost Rider tribe with a few being found amongst elites of Tribes that specialize in stealth.

Vigilante Toolkit
This set of heavy gauntlets are equipped with several items to give elite Ghost Rider units more flexibility than their elite frames, if they have any, are capable of.
Each pair is equipped with retractable vibro claws in each gauntlet, a force field generator in the offhand, and a 100 ft duracable with grapple.
The force field generated hugs the Shemarrian, thanks to a cyberlink the Shemarrian forms with the gauntlet, which also powers the gauntlets through induction of the Shemarrian's hands.
MDC: 30 M.D.C. each gauntlet, force field has 80 M.D.C.
Weight: 10 lbs each
Range: 100 feet for grapple, melee for claws
Mega-Damage: 3D4 M.D. for claws, grapple can deal 1d4 if it strikes a target.
Rate of Fire: ECHH.
Payload: Unlimited. 2 sets of 100 foot duracable with a quick release.
Force field regenerates at a rate of 5 M.D.C. every minute of inactivity, or 1 M.D.C. while active.
The grapple has mechanical hooks and molecular bonding agents to allow for the best hold. It can release through the cybernetic link, and the link provides a +2 to place the grapple.
taalismn
Priest

Love it! 8)

I'm also pleased to announce that I've FINALLY got a visual of the Audiocity Warmount that I'm satisfied with, and that will speed the rest of finally getting that particular WIP finished(it helps me immensely having an image in mind of what it is that I', doing).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Love it! 8)

I'm also pleased to announce that I've FINALLY got a visual of the Audiocity Warmount that I'm satisfied with, and that will speed the rest of finally getting that particular WIP finished(it helps me immensely having an image in mind of what it is that I', doing).

I'm finally getting back into creating stuff again. It's just slow going for me.. I was in a pretty bad relationship for the last 6 months, and I didn't get to do anything I wanted, so my creativity suffered greatly.. as did my ability to even play. But I'm free now and hopefully I'll come up with some more stuff soon!
taalismn
Priest

I hear yah. As I said, health issues in the family bloxed my mood for several weeks, but now that the holidays are past and winter is finally reaching my area(hard to do yardwork with a serious windchill howling outside), I have a legit excuse to lurk near at hand, noodling on the computer, with my muse finally breaking back through my personal dark clouds. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I hear yah. As I said, health issues in the family bloxed my mood for several weeks, but now that the holidays are past and winter is finally reaching my area(hard to do yardwork with a serious windchill howling outside), I have a legit excuse to lurk near at hand, noodling on the computer, with my muse finally breaking back through my personal dark clouds. :bandit:

Yes, nice to have a muse again floating about..
OOOOh... I just had a thought of something.. don't know if an Elite or a warmount.. heavy defensive type unit.. something that will literally be the 'meat shield' in a group..
Wasn't there a fighter under the WTZ or whatever the group is that is a consortium of various manufacturers that ASI/PS is part of that made a ship that absorbs energy attacks to enhance itself or was it just a device that absorbed and blew out some kind of capacitor or something to prevent it from taking massive damage?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Fluff-text / plot bunny next up on this end.
I'll get it written & posted in next week or so. :P

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:Fluff-text / plot bunny next up on this end.
I'll get it written & posted in next week or so. :P

Always did love your fluffy work.
Look forward to it.
taalismn
Priest

Wasn't there a fighter under the WTZ or whatever the group is that is a consortium of various manufacturers that ASI/PS is part of that made a ship that absorbs energy attacks to enhance itself or was it just a device that absorbed and blew out some kind of capacitor or something to prevent it from taking massive damage?

Several ships in fact...they acquired a technology that they applied to multiple platforms. It allowed the ship to absorb energy attacks and use it to enhance speed OR its own energy attacks.
The EShemarrians actually knocked off a version of this technology for their Silvermoons Prism Warrior, that could absorb and 'throw back' laser energy. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Several ships in fact...they acquired a technology that they applied to multiple platforms. It allowed the ship to absorb energy attacks and use it to enhance speed OR its own energy attacks.
The EShemarrians actually knocked off a version of this technology for their Silvermoons Prism Warrior, that could absorb and 'throw back' laser energy. :D

Oh yeah.. I'll have to find the Prism Warrior, but gotta find those ships as well (unless you can link me the ships or PM me the info?), then see how it can apply to the idea I had.. I thinking probably more of a warmount, bigger, able to protect more units that way.. Just a matter of what form it should take.. armadillo like? spider type? gorilla maybe? combination of all three? decisions decisions..
taalismn
Priest

Ah, I thought so. The Lepidopterror Warmount also has a limited ability to absorb laser energy through its wings.

But...birds, insects, critters with wings...big deployable surfaces for catching energy.
If you're soaking up kinetic energy(from physical attacks), go with critter with thick, padded hides...rhinos, elephants, whales, big beasties.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Ah, I thought so. The Lepidopterror Warmount also has a limited ability to absorb laser energy through its wings.

But...birds, insects, critters with wings...big deployable surfaces for catching energy.
If you're soaking up kinetic energy(from physical attacks), go with critter with thick, padded hides...rhinos, elephants, whales, big beasties.

The Trogladilium modeled after pill bugs could resist a lot of kinetic energy, but it also carried a fair sized arsenal and 10 Shemarrians or mini Trogladiliums. And the variants turned it into an even deadlier wrecking ball of death.

OH! I know.. a giant COCKROACH! They survive virtually anything :D
taalismn
Priest

And whoever develops it runs it by the Obsidian Dawns for testing, since they're vermin-exterminators. If the Obsidian Dawn can't put a dent in the giant cockroach, it passes the test.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

And whoever develops it runs it by the Obsidian Dawns for testing, since they're vermin-exterminators. If the Obsidian Dawn can't put a dent in the giant cockroach, it passes the test.

"We tried our best to exterminate the prototype... damn thing is worse than a real cockroach.. everything we throw at it just makes it stronger. Can we have 50?"
taalismn
Priest

Don't forget the ability to continue operating even with its head blown off. Just like a real cockroach. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Don't forget the ability to continue operating even with its head blown off. Just like a real cockroach. :D

Overlord: What do you mean it's still fighting?! We chopped off it's head!"
Minion: "Uh.. sir.. the head.. it's OH GOD IT'S-" *sound of minion being chewed as the severed head munches on it*
*loud squishing sound as the body steps on the overlord*
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Don't forget the ability to continue operating even with its head blown off. Just like a real cockroach. :D

Minion: "Uh.. sir.. the head.. it's OH GOD IT'S-" *sound of minion being chewed as the severed head munches on it*

Hmmmm...add a set of small retractable legs to the head, just in case it's the BODY that gets wasted in combat. If the enemy picks up the head, they;ve just taken a potential saboteur into their midst. If the head can get away, it can report what it's seen back to the Tribes.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Hmmmm...add a set of small retractable legs to the head, just in case it's the BODY that gets wasted in combat. If the enemy picks up the head, they;ve just taken a potential saboteur into their midst. If the head can get away, it can report what it's seen back to the Tribes.

Hmm.. good idea.. oooh.. maybe even make it have a few small drones.. or it can separate into a few parts to increase its numbers...
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Hmm.. good idea.. oooh.. maybe even make it have a few small drones.. or it can separate into a few parts to increase its numbers...

Oh GAK that just prompted an EVIL idea....

The Alecian MK 42 Terror Drones to date they have only deployed these evil things on 2 occasions and everyone that has seen them is thinking that the "cure" was likely worse than the plague that prompted their deployment.

One of the reasons the "Alecian Tribe" is so small is that on at least one occasion they ran into a Mechanoid Task force. Which prompted them to release MK 42 Terror Drones.

MK 42 Terror drones are extremely simple in theory: they use a weaponized nano repair matrix that contains the capability to "infect" and assimilate other mechanical systems, these "Nannites" consume resource sources and use them to generate more Terror Drones, upon destruction they also release a cloud of the Nanites which immediately begin building "replacement" terror drones. Once a swarm of drones get established they can be extremely difficult to eradicate.

MK 42 Terror Drone

size ~3 feet tall 2 ft wide, 2 ft deep
weight 100 lbs

MDC 100 MDC main body
10 mdc per limb/tentacle 4-10
5 mdc per laser/ion blaster blister up to 4
1 per sensor eye or antenna varies but typically 3-20

speed 40 mph on land 30mph in water, climbs at 20mph
life span depending on resources these things typically have a power core life of 2 months of activity, however they are in some ways so basic that they can go into a standby mode where they can extend that lifespan to more than 20 years.
power is a combination of nuclear, and solar/battery depending on available resources

stats of note:
IQ 3 basic animal they know their mission and while capable of basic reasoning they are more predatory (note a swarm due to data sharing is considered to have an IQ of normal levels, but mission focused of 1 per 100 drones up to 1000, after that its IQ goes up significantly more slowly, plus 1 per additional 1000 drones up to a maximum effective IQ of 18, the effective IQ of the out of control swarm that took out the Mechanoid fleet is estimated at 30 (effective) but is unable to be precisely determined due to the swarms not really communicating, and due to processing limitations. that swarm basically destroyed the star system it was released in.

PS robotic 20 equivalent, punches and equivalents do 1-2 MDC per attack, with a 10% chance of deploying enough nanites to begin replication.

PP 15 approximately
PE NA robotic unit
PB not really applicable it resembles a cross between a octopus and a puffer fish.

speed in space they don't really have space propulsion per say, and tend to drift like mines until something comes close enough to grab onto.

weapon systems:
1 see standard shemarian wrist blasters up to 4 on each drone.
2 melee attacks 1-2 mdc per attack, 10% infection chance
3 infection attack if it grapples onto a target it gets a cumulative 5% chance of establishing an "infection" per action spent.

attacks per melee 4 these are not high level units and in many ways act like disposable munitions.
taalismn
Priest

Ewww....thank you! The Alecians have some fun toys! 8)

Yeah, I'm getting back into the Shemar groove...finishing up WIPs and already looking at new projects. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Overheard at an Alliance garage:

"I can create viable sterility plagues in the Chor'ii, but I still can't build a infernal killer based on science alone."
"At least you can make new stuff, my TWs are finding it difficult just to get a new discovery, since this crap a about every spell being done before. You must hate magic for that, because I sure as salt do."
"The majority of Vatfathers do not hate magic,if anything we envied what it can do combined with Techno Wizardry. But there are some places that magic cannot exist, so we study deep and hard to find a different way to make the same effect."
"Damn, that is deep, nueve world stuff your boys are working, so any luck with making demon stains?"
"No, but we made Magefire and more..."
taalismn
Priest

Demon stains? Is that what you're calling it when you get an Infernal to have a Brown Pants Moment? :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Original concept and some intro fluff by 89er.

* EcoS-K65 Audiocity Warmount
(aka ‘StunBunny’, ‘Screamin’Memee’, ‘Ear Raid’, ‘Coughing Flea’, ‘Cybercicada’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img558_zpsc37f1318.jpg

“Must you constantly play ‘Axel-F’?! Save the auditory memes for use on the enemy, not your colleagues!”
“Besides, we’d rather you play ‘Anvil of Crom’.”
“....don’t give him ideas.”
“We’ve got playlists.”

“-Komte-Martial Nivens, I have no objection to your using archiac music as the basis of your sonic attacks when engaging the Infernals, but I question whether ‘Running with the Devil’ is really appropriate.”

Created as a growing need for reliable communications and testbed for new developments in sound technology, the Audiocity has taken to the ground running.
Based on a metallic hare/killer rabbit, with accents of insect(particularly in its flea-like hexapodal configuration), the Audiocity carries itself on four legs, with a set of paws tucked mantis-like under the head. Two large ‘ears’ sweep back from the head, and are typically positioned to the sides, along the body, when running, but can swing forward for surveillance or combat. The mouth is small, flanked by what look like weapons protruding from the cheekbones, but are in reality additional sensors. The Warmount is covered in a quilt-like stealth fabric to reduce its acoustic signature and reduce damage from vibrational weapons to itself. The body contains sensor equipment that can pick up sounds, the means to record and play them back like a lyrebird, and bleeding edge sound weapons. Among its amore combat-oriened sonic options are concussive bursts, infrasound generators, and a vibrational engine able to find both protective and destructive resonant frequencies. The Audiocity is also able to launch tremors, vibrate structures to rubble, and has a database of select frequencies that can obliterate selected targets and materials. A blend of quiet listening and deafening assault, the Audiocity is always ready to listen, like a fuzzy NSA.
The Audiocity’s main shortcomings are that it’s a real lightweight with regards to damage capacity and all-out combat capability. Despite its fierce appearance, it has less integral armor than its riders, and even less built-in firepower. If confronted with a powerful enemy, the Audiocity’s best hope is to surprise the enemy with a distracting sonic barrage and sensory overload, then take advantage of the distraction to scoot at maximum speed, hightailing it for cover.
Not surprisingly, the Audiocity was developed by the Wayfinders, and it remains almost exclusively in service with them, though the Horrorwoods also maintain a large number of them, and surprisingly the Wolf’s Path reportedly has a few. The BloodRiders and Skullcrushers regard the design with disdain(the combat-hungry Tribes finding the idea of a Warmount unable to wage all-out war to be puzzling), the ‘crushers even calling it ‘the coughing flea’. For their part, the Wayfinders most commonly deploy the Audiocity with recon, surveillance, and exploration parties, typically as a Male mount. Less commonly, the Audiocity is also brought along with Shemarrian formations to play inspiring music for the troops(especially NeShemar auxiliaries) or to calm nervous natives the EShemar encounter.

Type: EcoS-K-65 Audiocity
Class: Robotic Warmount, Communications, Surveillance
Crew: None; robot intelligence, Awakened with an Ecotroz essence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 220
Head 60
Ear Vanes(2) 55 each
Foreclaws(2) 60 each
Legs(4) 90 each
Sensor Quills (6) 8 each
Height: 9 ft
Width: 5 ft
Length: 11 ft
Weight: 1.1 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 200 MPH!
(Leaping) Spectacular Leaper; 30 ft straight up/across from a standing start, while a running leap in excess of 60 MPH can boost the Warmount 40 ft up and 100 ft across.
(Climbing) Expert climber; 90%/0% profficiency
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can actually swim at 15 MPH, or run along the bottom at 10 MPH. Maximum depth tolerance of 800 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Inaudible Frequency Transmission

*Advanced Hearing---The Audiocity's hearing is particularly acute, with an effective hearing range 10 times that described for the Advanced Robot Audio System(Rifts Sourcebook One, Revised and Expanded, pg.27).

*Communications Relay----The Audiocity can act as a field radio relay, re-transmitting signals to boost their gain and range.

*Broad-Band Radio Listening Capability---The Audiocity can listen in on a broad spectrum of EM signals.

*Loudspeakers---The massive ears of the Audiocity double as loudspeakers, able to maintain a steady output of 150 decibels(that’s louder than a jet taking off at 100 ft distance, and can cause permanent hearing damage if exposed to for long).

*Sound Library/Sound Analysis Computer---The Audiocity maintains a comprehensive onboard library of sound and music, and can record and play back, even alter, any sounds it hears. Thus it can be used to broadcast misleading sounds, like animal cries and wilderness noise to cover more artificial sounds(like Shemarrian troops advancing through the woods). The Audiocity is an adept acoustic mimic.

*Decryption Hindbrain---The Audiocity has a secondary brain that helps filter through intercepted signals. With an experienced signals analyst hardjacked in, the Hindbrain gives a +10% to Decryption rolls.

*Acoustic Stealth---By constantly sampling the ambient noise around itself, the Audiocity can broadcast counter-waves, producing an envelope of ‘white noise’ around itself that cancels out the sounds of its own progress. This gives the Audiocity a sonic Prowl capability of 75%.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Audiocity have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Ground Sonar----Housed in each of the Audiocity's foot-pads is a seismic probe and ground-phones. When in use the ground contact footpad emits ultra-low frequency sound waves, acting as a sort of subterranean sonar. The return waves are detected by ground sensors in the Warmount's feet(or deployed on other vehicles), and a computer compiles a graphic map of the underground topography. This has proven to be an extremely useful tool for locating buried ruins, charting geological resources, and finding underground installations.
Note that when in Active Mode characters with amplified/enhanced hearing, like Dog Boys or cybernetic Ultra-ears, standing within 500 feet of the Audiocity will hear an annoying low-key buzz, and may feel nauseous/suffer from headaches if exposed to the noise for more than a minute.
Ground scans will take 2-4 times as long as a standard radar/sensor sweep. Typical range on a ground scan is 1,000 ft. .
In passive mode, the Ground Sensors can be used alone to listen for underground activity, such as burrowing animals, tunneling vehicles, water running thru pipes, etc., as well as surface movement. Passive sensors can detect the surface movement of large animals(2 tons or more), robots, heavy vehicles, or large masses of infantry with 40% accuracy, up to a mile away.

*Anti-Vibrational Defense---Between its special armor overcoat and its Directed Vibration Projectors, the Audiocity can project a powerful counter vibration that protects it from sonic and vibrational attacks. However, the system doesn’t work immediately; the first attack with a vibrational weapon(such as a sonic blaster or vibroblade) does FULL damage, but once the Audiocity has sampled the vibrational frequencies associated with the weapon, it can adjust and produce a counter vibration that renders all further attacks with the same weapon INeffective(does NO damage).

*Sensory Whiskers(6)---The Audiocity sports six long whisker-antennae that can swing out from alongside the body and act as motion-detection probes in total darkness. Adds a +1 to Dodge.

Weapons Systems:
1) Directed Vibration Projectors(2) ----The Audiocity has two massive ‘ears’, normally slung back like roller bars along the body, but able to swing forward, that are in reality a powerful sonic weapons system. The degree of control with the multiple emitter arrays is such that the Audiocity can stun an opponent at range, or pulverize their bones and armor with lethal vibrations. The downside is that the sonic vibrations are fairly short range, so the otherwise versatile weapons system is not usable as a sniper system or long range bombardment weapon. The projection arrays are also rather fragile and easily damaged/put out of commission.
Range:(Disorientation) 250 ft, and affects a 50 ft wide area to either side of the Warmount.
(Stun)500 ft, or 250 ft and affecting a 15 ft wide area.
(Disruptor) 1,200 feet
(Resonance Attack) 400 ft
Damage:(Disorientation) This is a low, throbbing, ultrasonic attack that attacks the inner ear and induces vertigo and nausea. Those hearing it without adequate hearing protection. Victims must roll versus non-lethal poison or be -1d4 to initiative, and -5 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1d6 melee rounds. Also must roll under their P.P. the first melee or fall down(lose initiative and 1 APM struggling back up). Does NOT affect those with cybernetic hearing or without hearing.
(Stun)1 SDC, plus victims must save versus non-lethal poison or be rendered unconscious for 1d6 melee rounds. Even on a successful save, the victim is -2 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1d6 melee rounds. Multiple blasts are cumulative for duration.
(Disruptor)(Variable power settings) 4d6 SDC, or 4d6 MD per blast
Wide Beam: 4d6 MD to a 30 ft area
Concentrated Beam: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.

Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines and aircraft are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per say, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crewmembers, causing creeping disorientation and increasing unsettledness, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or uninsulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.

Resonance Attack---This is a protracted(1 melee or more, takes up ALL APMs) sonic blast meant to find and exploit the catastrophic resonance frequency of structures. More powerful than the Vibration Blast, Resonance Attacks cause structures to begin vibrating in such a manner that they begin to crack and rapidly fatigue, ultimately falling apart.
Note that the Resonance Attack requires BOTH arrays to be operational and swung forward to focus.
Does 4d6x10 MD per melee. CANNOT be made on moving objects, and is most effective on stationary structures.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Sensory Assault Launchers(2)---These are multi-round grenade launchers mounted on/in the haunches of the Audiocity, and are normally concealed under the padded skinning, extending from under hinged plates when cleared for action.
Used primarily to act as a distraction to escape, they can also be used to weaken threats with enhanced senses. The shells are based off pre-rifts non-lethal tech, that combine a flashbang grenade, a stingball, and pepperball shots, and will also be set to spin-bounce around, shrieking, throwing off sparks, gas, and shedding fragments for one whole melee.
Range: 800 feet
Damage: (Flashbang effect)Those without optical and auditory protection will be -10 to strike/parry/dodge, -1 on on initiative, and -1 APM for 1d4 melees, and even those WITH environmental protection will be startled and lose initiative that round.
(Stingball effect) Kinetic shock does 1d4 SDC and 50% chance of knocking human-sized targets off their feet(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up)
(Pepperball gas) Covers a 25 ft area, for 5 minutes(depends on ind conditions). Those without respiratory protection will be -10 to strike/parry/dodge, -3 on on initiative, and -1 APM for 1d6+1 melees after getting a facefull of the stuff.
Payload: 12 per launcher

3) Flare/Smoke Launchers(2)---Bundled alongside the SALs described above, these are more conventional flare/smoke launchers.
Range: 800 feet
Damage: (Flare) Can illuminate a 150 ft area for 4 melees
(Smoke) Covers a 20-40 ft area depending on wind conditions
Payload: 12 per launcher

4)(Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Audiocity has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Audiocities tend to come across as furtive, sneaky, paranoid creatures, ever checking their surroundingd for danger .
Has all the same standard programing as the Monst-Crane.
Also has the equivalent of the following:
Singing 90%
Play Musical Instrument(Synthesizer) 90%
Imitate Voices/Noises 78%
Cryptography 80%
Electrionic Countermeasures 94%
Radio: Scramblers 90%
Read Sensory Equipment 94%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Audiocity intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: (Language, Literacy, Lore, Excavation) Military( Camouflage, Trap/Mine Detection), Wilderness( Hunting, )
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +6, +7 when running in excess of 75 MPH
Automatic Dodge +4
Strike +2 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +3
Roll +4
Pull Punch +2
Critical Strike on a natural 19-20
Bite 1d6 MD
Foreleg Punch/stab 1d6 MD
Rear Leg Kick 5d6 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 6d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Audiocity an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Audiocity is quite sensitive to danger, and is quick to turn to go to ground or bolt in the face of danger.
Has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to proficiency, but DOUBLE the range.
*Sixth Sense
*See Aura
*Presence Sense
*Sense Evil

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8, but the Audiocity has an I.Q. of 13), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Camou-Shroud---This is a portable folding shelter that can be erected in minutes, providing protection from the elements, limited megadamage protection, as well as concealment from electronic and infra-red/thermographic detection.
The ‘Shelter’ consists of a yard-long ‘can’ that looks like a large drum typically carried attached to the posterior of the Audiocity. When activated, about a dozen articulated ‘spider leg’ structural members of carbon composite branch out, anchor themselves in the ground, and form the skeleton of a dome-shaped igloo roughly 10 ft tall by 20 ft in diameter. The pod then deploys a cover sheet of special plastics, with a camouflage print, and integral sensor-baffling elements.
The Camouflage pattern sheet can be chemo-switched to any one of seven different configurations. The support elements create a degaussing ‘bubble’ that scrambles radar signals(incoming and outgoing), as well as disrupting magnetic resonances(fouling Magnetic Anomaly Detectors), while the fabric itself insulates and disipates the infra-red and thermal emissions and signatures of the occupants, rendering tjose means of detection less effective.
Care must be taken in setting up the Shelter---The igloo is not invisible to naked eyeball optical searches, so ‘blending’ the shelter into the natural landscape contours is essential for best results. For maximum comfort, a ground sheet or surfacing can be put down first.
The entire shelter can deploy/retract for stowage in 1 melee
MDC: The tent provides about 60 MDC of protection, however, against explosions, it is less effective(being non-rigid, shockwaves pass through its fabric), so explosives will do HALF damage to the occupants, regardless of how much MDC is left in the tent.
Special Features:
*Water-proofing
*Fire Proofing---Can handle temperatures up to 300 degrees centigrade. Normal fires do NO damage
*Minimal Radiation Shielding--The fabric shell provides some protection against radiation(such as that from expended U-rounds laying nearby, or fallout), but is not recommended for protection in ‘hot’ zones (good for maybe 5-6 minutes of exposure).
*Chameleon-cloth Fabric---Can assume one of seven pre-set color configurations.
*Thermal Insulation-Infrared and Thermographic sensors are -20% to detect the shelter.
*Electronic Insulation- Radar, MAD, and EM sensors are -15% to detect the shelter
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Illo update: The Shagoon in all its brachiator glory:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img438_zps87b162fa.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hell may not freeze over but it will be snowed in, stay safe to all Shemar heads.

It is nice that the Audiocity is a mix of fragile and eavesdrop. I will see if I can make some gear for the fringe gals.

Finally, an example of why the tribes put laser eyes in everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fHcqAVF6o
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Hell may not freeze over but it will be snowed in, stay safe to all Shemar heads.

It is nice that the Audiocity is a mix of fragile and eavesdrop. I will see if I can make some gear for the fringe gals.

Finally, an example of why the tribes put laser eyes in everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-fHcqAVF6o

The Audiocity was a toughie because of the lightweight requirements and because I had a fuzzy mental picture of how it should look(I knew it was going to look like a giant flea with rabbit accents, but not the details), but ultimately I'm really really pleased with the way the art finally came out.
And now, after several weeks back in December that I'd rather I didn't have to experience, my muse is whispering..well, shouting, so much so that I'm having trouble hopping from idea to idea and actually getting stuff FINISHED. Some of which, I'm pleased to say, raises my own bar for evil(concept realization-wise).

And yes, eye lasers are just THAT cool.

Yeah, I'm smack in the middle of the New England path. Still recovering from the glare-icing we got last week(really need Bloodriders to melt my front path free of black ice), so not happy to see latest snow estimates(especially since I'll likely be missing work(white-out conditions not conducive to hour-long work commutes). Doing hurried battening down and preparing tomorrow.

Updated the Codex to include new (WIP) projects and posted Fringe Tribe armaments.

In the meantime, here's a quickie canon-readjustment to some basic armaments:

*EShe-LPP85 Laser Pulse Rifle
The LPP85 came about soon after ARCHIE-3 began committing his regular robot minions to the war against his renegade Shemarrian creations. EShemar forces facing A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robots armed with ARCH-22 Pulse Rifles soon discovered that the Dark One’s drones had weapons that had better damage and greater efficiency than their own LPP80 laser rifles. Although the standard Shemarrian weapon of choice was the superior(in both range and damage) 400-600 series rail guns, the thought of the Dark One having a superior weapon of ANY category grated something fierce on the EShemar psyche. As soon as they were able to acquire the means, the rebel EShemar reverse-engineered the ARCH-22 to produce the LPP85 .
The LLP85 is simply the ARCH-22 remodelled to better suit the Shemarrian aesthetic, adding a sighting package and bayonet socket. The weapons have also been modified to use standard e-clips, rather than the canister-like Arch-3030, or can be power-linked to the EShemars’ powerplants(androids’ or warmounts’). The new LLP85 quickly began to replace the older LPP80, starting with the Male scouts and Female rangers who most often used laser sniper rifles, though the LPP80 continues to be produced and used by many smaller tribal groups.
Weight: 22 lbs
MDC: 50
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD single shot, 3d6 MD triple pulse shot, 5d6 MD per 5 shot burst
Payload: 90 single shots, 30 short bursts, or 18 pulse bursts per long e-clip.
Special Features:
*Vibro-Bayonet Socket under the muzzle
*Targeting Bonus: +1 to strike
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-74 Crazelle Warmount
(aka ‘Ruin Runner’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img555_zps9b0eb3f0.jpg

“It’s not when they’re running AT you that the pain really happens, it’s when they run PAST you.”

Another in fringe tribe Clan Motron’s vehicle-inspired Warmounts, the Grazelle is sometimes rumored to be the ‘Gracille’s’ souped-up, scaled-up cousin. In reality, the design is believed to be based on pre-Rifts exhibition stunt vehicles of the Golden Age.
The Crazelle resembles a high-tech lizard(or a hybrid between an ATV and an iguana) carried on long legs, each ending in a combination claw-and-rotary-wheel. The Crazelle can run and climb like a regular four-legged beast, or it can run at high speed on its wheels, maneuver, and pull drift-stunts with the best of them. Crazelles are extremely fast and agile, making them ideal cavalry mounts...if the riders can stay on the wildly maneuvering cyberbeasts.
The Crazelle is almost exclusively used by Clan Motron, though the Horrorwoods have also acquired a few(given their predilection for collecting examples of Warmounts). Clan Motron’s Males are crazy about the Crazelle, and the type is also used by N’R’Mar affiliated with the fringe tribe.

Type: EcoS-K-74 Crazelle
Class: Robotic Warmount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot. 1 passenger can be seated behind the pilot(but the ride is likely to be rough, unless the passenger is well anchored).
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 260
Head 90
Wheels(4) 25 each
Legs(4) 70 each
Razor Hubs(4) 20 each
Tail 50
Height: 4 ft at shoulders, can ‘stand up’ on its legs an additional 2 ft, plus tail can reach up 6 ft.
Width: 3 ft ; legs can stretch out up to 6 ft
Length: 10 ft+5 ft of tail
Weight: 2,660 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Wheels) 300 MPH on level hard surfaces
(Leaping) 20 ft up/across, while a running start in excess of 60 MPH can catapult the mount up to 80 ft across/20 ft up with a ramp take-off.
(Climbing) It’s awkward and rather destructive to the surfaces it’s climbing, but the Crazelle CAN scale sheer surfaces using its extended wheel claws to dig in and propel itself upwards.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Limited to running along the bottom at 10 MPH. Maximum depth 800 ft.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners. Scout units are known to mount additional EM detectors or paranormal sensors.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Crazelle have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1)Eye Lasers(2) ---Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) Rotor Claws(4)---The wheel appendages can extend radial claws while spinning, turning each wheel into a high speed buzz-saw. The hubcaps also mount extendable buzzsaw blades.
Range: Melee
Damage: 1d4x10 MD

3) (Optional) Tail---A prehensile articulated tail can be fitted that either be a melee weapon or a scorpion-like gunmount mounting a standard Montrex-style modular weapon on the end.
a) Vibroblade---Katana-like stinger. 2d6 MD

b) VibroGlaive---Broader axe-like blade. 2d6+2 MD

c) Shock-Mace---Modified Neural Mace; 2d6 SDC +P.S. damage, plus targets failing to save on a 16 or better will be shocked senseless; -8 to strike, parry, dodge, and reduce Speed and APMs by HALF for 2d4 melees(duration is cumuative per strike). Even on a successful save, targets lose initiative and 1 APM that melee. Being struck 4 or more times risks(42% chance) being knocked unconscious for 2d4 melees, plus suffer stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.

d) Blast Morning Star----1d4 MD, plus 2d4 MD from the energy blast released on contact(2d6 MD total).

e)Machine Gun----Slightly modified Shemarrian Assault Rifle
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1 d6 MD single shot, 4d6 MD short burst( six rounds), 1d4x10 MD heavy burst(12 rounds).
Payload: 720 round drum(60 heavy bursts)

f) Pulse Laser
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per blast

g) Quad-Barrel Pulser Laser
Range:2,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+4 MD per blast

h) Plasma Ejector
Range: 1,600 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per blast

i) Heavy Plasma Ejector
Range: 1,500 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD per blast

j)Mini-Missile Launcher---3 rd tube-cluster.

k) Sensor Cluster---Rather than a weapon, the tail can be used to mount a secondary sensor cluster. This is typically used in circumstances where the rider wants to remain under cover while using the tail like a periscope.

4) (Optional) Breath Weapon---The Crazelle can be fitted with a breath weapon; either a chemical spray or a flamethrower.
a) Chemical Sprayer
Range: 100 ft
Damage: Varies by the chemical agent used. If using water, does 4d6 HP to vampires
Payload: 30 blasts of chemical/liquid

b)Flame Thrower
Range:(Direct-Stream Mode) 100 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flamethrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire:(Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload:(Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 20 blasts
(Napalm) 60 blasts
(MD Fluid) 100 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 120 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 200 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).

5) (Optional) Modular Weapon Hardpoint---Can mount a standard Montrex-style modular weapon on the head.

6)(Optional) ‘Fuzz Buster’ Upgrade---A popular Upgrade among Crazelle riders is the ‘Fuzz Buster’, a radar jammer module that gives the Warmount ony a 20% chance of being detected by standard motion detection and radar detectors, while guided missiles are -2 to strike the Warmount(in addition to any other dodge bonuses).

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Crazelles are fidgety, always alert, very active, and eager to go speeding off and racing about, requiring a close hand to rein them in.
The Crazelle has the same standard programming as canon Shemarrian animals, plus the following:
Pilot Motorcycle/Quadwheeler(for performing stunts) 96%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Crazelle intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding), Lore, Wilderness( Hunting)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +6
+8 dodge when moving in excess of 75 MPH
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Pull Punch or Bite +4
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20
Bite 1d6 MD
Restrained Kick 1d6 MD
Claw 3d6 MD
Buzzsaw Claw 3d6 MD per slash, 1d4x10 MD per full melee cut
Body Block/Ram 3d6 MD
Tail Sweep 1d4 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Crazelle an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Crazelles come across as enthusiastic speed-demons, loving speeding around, always in motion, investigating their surroundings, racing up to newcomers, and charging potential targets just for the fun of it.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

And the Crazelle gets its own illo and updated off WIP status in the Codex:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img555_zps9b0eb3f0.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Now I want to give the motor matrons a Norther Gun Badger just to see what happens.

I'm thinking of making a topic of a Hoyt Sparks rumor mill for fun and ideas. One example would be that he still is the subject of multiple restrain orders by various feminine artificial intelligence, deities and other such entities. No names will be mentioned for security reasons, but said cases did help draft new laws.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Now I want to give the motor matrons a Norther Gun Badger just to see what happens..

We have the whole of automotive history for Clan Motron to mess with... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I can't remember if this issue was ever addressed.. but you know how Cyber-Knights can hide from technological sensors.. does the EShemarrian, being Psychic beings bound to robot bodies still have problems with seeing a Cyber-Knight, or does that ability not work on them?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I can't remember if this issue was ever addressed.. but you know how Cyber-Knights can hide from technological sensors.. does the EShemarrian, being Psychic beings bound to robot bodies still have problems with seeing a Cyber-Knight, or does that ability not work on them?

I'd say YES...treat them as cyborgs. The exceptions would be psychic Shemarrians and Shemarrian animals who can use psionics to 'sniff out' Cyberknights, or magically enhanced Shemarrians who can use TW devices like aura detectors or 'See the Invisible' to see cloaked Cyberknights.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

kronos wrote:I can't remember if this issue was ever addressed.. but you know how Cyber-Knights can hide from technological sensors.. does the EShemarrian, being Psychic beings bound to robot bodies still have problems with seeing a Cyber-Knight, or does that ability not work on them?

*Blink Blink* :eek: :?
You'll have to ask Tal that one; I'd assume the Wayfinders would be able to cut through a Cyberknight's tech-stealth aura, but for the other tribes? :erm:
Edit: there we go..teh man himself hath replied. :mrgreen:

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

I'd say YES...treat them as cyborgs. The exceptions would be psychic Shemarrians and Shemarrian animals who can use psionics to 'sniff out' Cyberknights, or magically enhanced Shemarrians who can use TW devices like aura detectors or 'See the Invisible' to see cloaked Cyberknights.

Ok.. that's what I thought. I'm trying to come up with some psychic equipment and thought "wait.. cyber-knights can hide from tech! there's a good one for scouts!" plus some tribe specific psionic powers I thought would be a nice addition.
taalismn
Priest

Get enough Shemarrian animals milling around an area and even by just bumping into a cloaked cyberknight......
High anxiety would be a cyberknight trying to sneak through a networked Shemarrian electric forest, since the CK is likely to miss a surveilling electronic beastie that will report the anomaly....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Get enough Shemarrian animals milling around an area and even by just bumping into a cloaked cyberknight......
High anxiety would be a cyberknight trying to sneak through a networked Shemarrian electric forest, since the CK is likely to miss a surveilling electronic beastie that will report the anomaly....

Heh, I wonder what said cyber knight would be doing within a Shemarrian area.. trying to catch a glimpse of the new War Goddess bathing in the stream?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Get enough Shemarrian animals milling around an area and even by just bumping into a cloaked cyberknight......

Heh, I wonder what said cyber knight would be doing within a Shemarrian area.. trying to catch a glimpse of the new War Goddess bathing in the stream?

Newbie on a dare? Old veteran cyberknight doing an alignment slide sends the still-wet-behind-the-ears-and-annoyingly-idealistic on a near-suicidal quest just to get rid of the young clod.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Newbie on a dare? Old veteran cyberknight doing an alignment slide sends the still-wet-behind-the-ears-and-annoyingly-idealistic on a near-suicidal quest just to get rid of the young clod.

Ultimate Cyber-Knight stealth training program requirements.. one set of Shemarrian undies...
taalismn
Priest

Ultimate Cyber-Knight stealth training program requirements.. one set of Shemarrian undies...

Yeah...Last words of a group going into Shemarrian territory: "PANTY RAID!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Got the idea for this from one of 89er’s in-passing ideas.

Liquidus’ E-Animal
(aka ‘blobster’, ‘glump’, ‘Nightmare snot’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/liquidus_zpsdd21f5bd.jpg

The Toke Tul emissary knew he should consider himself privileged; few people were invited to tour a Shemarrian facility, let alone members of a species generally hated and feared by the rest of the galaxy. Then again, it may have been sheer chance; the emissary’s homeworld being a secret enclave of his people, stumbling across a neighboring secret outpost of an equally secretive faction of the enigmatic ‘Shemarrian Star Nation’. By all accounts, the Shemarrians could have simply annihilated the Toke Tul colony with no one else the wiser, rather than invite a delegation of his species into say ‘hi’.
Having read the reports on the so-called ‘Nightmare Tribe’, the envoy was expecting something ...well, darker, and more brooding. Certainly not the sparkling clean and immaculate facility he found himself in. Admittedly, his escort was as fearsome and grotesque an example of humanoid as he’d ever encountered, with facial features that perhaps only one of mixed human-and-arachnoid ancestry might find anywhere near attractive(or even more repulsive), but what he’d seen of the Lost Eclipse enclave was in stark contrast to its inhabitants.
BBBBBWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sirens blared and lights began flashing.
*WARNING. ESCAPED LABORATORY ANIMAL IN SECTION SEVEN. ESCAPED LABORATORY ANIMAL IN SECTION SEVEN. CAPTURE AND CONTAINMENT PROTOCOLS ARE NOW IN EFFECT.*
Several transparent, but clearly armored, doors slid across the hallway they were in, locking and sealing the T-intersection they were about to enter. The envoy suddenly realized they must be in or near ‘Section Seven’, and looked about anxiously, to see what happened next. His escort looked completely unmoved by the sudden activity.
Just then, around the corner of the hall across from them a single human female came running. She skittered and slid on bare feet up against the transparent partition, glancing off it with a terrified look spared those on the other side, before regaining traction and sprinting on down the other end of the corridor,
Close on the runner’s heels was a massive translucent blob of bright green gelatin, skating across the floor with surprising speed on two large stumpy and rubbery legs. Four tendrils of glassy green exuded from the front of the blob, reaching for the fleeing woman. The pair disappeared down the other end of the hallway, the staccato beat of running feet and a liquid squishing sound fading with distance.
After a moment, the envoy whirled on his escort.
“WELL?!”
“Well, what?”
“Aren’t you going to so something about that poor woman being chased by that escaped alien animal?!”
“You’re assuming that the BLOB is the escaped laboratory animal.”

The Liquidus is an exotic Lost Eclipse ‘enimal’ that is believed to be a spinoff of a larger project referred to in passing as the ‘Gunkyard’.
The Liquidus appears to be a blob of aerogel ‘smart’ polymer, impregnated with nanites, and controlled by a nervous system of distributed microchips. Under the control of the microchip A.I., the polymer goo’s consistency and density can be controlled, and the material shaped, albeit crudely, to form locomotive, ambulatory, and manipulatory appendages. In this form, the Liquidus has the consistency of thick gelatin or capture foam. However, more dangerously, the Liquidus can assume a liquid state similar to a thick syrup, in which form it can ooze through openings as small as a millimeter wide, allowing it to infiltrate structures, vehicles, and even body armor.
The Liquidus has no apparent sensory organs, possesses only a crude sense of ‘sight’, but can sense heat and motion quite well. It can also sniff out and track chemical traces quite proficiently.
Liquiduses attack by entangling and engulfing their targets. They then subdue their prey by either releasing micro-capsules of drugs into air spaces around the entangled target, skin-absorption capsules coming in contact with exposed flesh, or by suffocating the victim. Some variants of the Liquidus are impregnated with chemical explosives or explosive microchips. The Liquidus is utterly lacking in ranged attacks.
The Lost Eclipse uses the Liquidus as a watchguard(it often disguises itself outside around Lost Eclipse facilities as a stagnant pool of scummy water), security-beast)including serving as active prisoner restraints), general labor beast, and occasionally as a special infiltration tool(including getting INSIDE manned vehicles and power armor to subdue their occupants). It is not considered a front line unit for a number of reasons; it is rather fragile, and breaks up easily under attack with energy weapons, its lack of weaponry means it cannot adequately defend itself, and its power-life, dependent on infusions of special power chemicals, restricts its useful range and operational duration. It is best used in locations where it can quickly retreat, has access to supplies of its energizer chemicals, or where it can get in and out fairly quickly.
In the Three Galaxies, the Liquidus is sometimes mistaken for the lethal Yboor(see Rifts: Thundercloud), especially in its resistance to damage and engulfment attacks. After several ‘friendly fire’ incidents between the Lost Eclipse and the Obsidian Dawn(the latter called in to deal with a suspected Yboor infestation), the Nightmares try to coordinate their Liquidus strikes with fellow tribes. While the Nightmares have actually, on many occasions, used the similarities between the Yboor and the Liquidus to sow terror amongst enemies, the EShemar are also working on counters to the predatory aliens, including programming and equipping Liquiduses to hunt and destroy any Yboor they encounter(the Lost Eclipse is researching chemicals, toxins, and pathogens that can be used to infuse, infect, and kill the Yboor).

Type: EcoS-K-D11LEx Liquidus
Class: Robotic Animal
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 60

Note: Liquiduses take only 10% damage from PHYSICAL attacks like punches, kicks, bullets, and vibroblades.
Explosive attacks like grenades and contact explosives do normal damage.
Energy attacks do DOUBLE damage.

Height: Default mode is a sphere about 6 ft in diameter
Width: Default mode is a sphere about 6 ft in diameter
Length: Default mode is a sphere about 6 ft in diameter
Weight: Typically around 300 lbs
Cargo: Only what can be carried or suspended inside the blob.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 25 , but it holds engulfed targets with the equivalent of a Supernatural P.S. of 40.
Powerplant: Chemical battery good for 36 hours of full activity before needing recharging.
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
In liquid form, on flat and level ground, the Liquidus can ooze at a Speed of 11(7.5 MPH). On a slope, the Liquidus can hit much higher speeds with gravity pulling it.
(Leaping) Can bounce up to 10 ft up/across
(Climbing) The Liquidus is an adept climber(equivalent skill of 95%), and coming down is even easier; it can plop down or rain down from great heights without taking any damage.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim at roughly 12 MPH, no depth limit.
Systems of Note:
*Radio---The Liquidus has the equivalent of a short range cellphone chip system, with a communications range of about 1 mile.
*Visual Sensors---The Liquidus has pathetically poor visual sensors; roughly equivalent to a scallop’s(relative to body mass/size), with an effective range of 150 ft. The Nightmares are working on programming the Liquidus to be able to extrude and form lenses on the end of tentacles, allowing it to have visual acuity equal to, if not superior to, organic lifeforms.
*Thermal Sensors---300 ft
*Motion Sensors---200 ft
*Acute Hearing----The entire BODY of the Liquidus can pick up on vibrations, essentially making it a giant ear with the equivalent of Advanced Robot Audio.
*Bio-Sensors---The Liquidus can monitor an engulfed prisoner’s life signs, detecting when, for example, a prisoner needs more air to breath, or an assassination target has finally ceased life functions.
*Molecular Analyzer---The Liquidus is constantly ‘sniffing’ its surroundings, looking for chemical clues. Furthermore, by sampling an organic subject, priming special microchips, then injecting them into the Liquidus, the enimal can be ‘primed’ to track specific substances or individuals. Can effectively track by smell 84%

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Liquidus have a derivative nanotech repair system based on the that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material. The Liquidus cannot convert raw material into new MDC material, but needs special polymers(typically left around its operating area in the form of cone- or cylinder-shaped ‘salt licks’) that it can ingest.

*Adaptive Camouflage---In its normal state, the Liquidus is translucent, but it can alter its surface coloration and texture to better blend into its surroundings; takes 1d4 melees to blend in.

Weapons Systems:
1) Punch/Entangle----The Liquidus’s main attack is to throw out pseudopodia of its own substance and attempt to entangle its target(s).
Range: Melee; the Liquidus’s pseudopodia can reach up to 10 ft.
Damage:(Punch) The Liquidus can punch with hydraulic pressure behind its blows: 6d6 SDC, Power Punch/Kick(2 attacks) 1d6 MD.
(Entangle)The Liquidus can hold targets with an effective grip that takes a robotic or supernatural PS of 40 or greater to break free. Creatures with a greater strength can break free in 1d4 melees.

2) Engulfing Attack---Once the Liquidus has successfully entangled its target, it can engulf it, and either suffocate it, or subject it to chemical attack, using various chemical agents impregnated into its aerogel ‘flesh’.
Range: Melee
Damage:(Chemical) Varies by chemical type, typically a respiratory or skin-absorption delivered non-lethal sedative.
(Suffocation) A typical air-breather will smother in 60-75 seconds.
Payload: Typically carries about 50 doses of chemical

3) (Optional) Explosive---The Liquidus can be impregnated/saturated with explosive microcapsules that, taken in total, can add up to a powerful and lethal synergistic explosion, especially if surrounding a target, or actually infiltrating inside it.
(Explosive) Equivalent to 30 lbs of plastique explosive; 30x4d4 MD, DOUBLE damage if actually infiltrated INSIDE something.
(Incendiary) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.

Programming:
The Liquidus has a basic, simple A.I. programming.
Typically has the following:
Climbing 90%
Swimming 98%
Prowl 80%
Land Navigation 94%
Camouflage 78%
Tracking 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)

Additional programming options include General Maintenance/Cleaning, Tunneling/Excavation, Mine/Trap Detection, Find Contraband, and other skills, depending on the specific purpose assigned the Liquidus.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2
Dodge +1, +3 underwater
Strike +2
Parry +2
Roll +5
Pull Punch +4
Entangle +5
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20
Knockout on a Natural 18-20.
Punch/Kick 6d6 SDC
Power Punch/Kick(2 attacks) 1d6 MD

Note: Liquiduses are NEVER Awakened with Ecotroz intelligence fragments.

Options:
The Nightmares are constantly tinkering with the Liquidus, mainly through implanting additional microchips into its matrix. This makes especially good sense if the Liquidus really is a testbed for a larger e-critter. Likely implants include laser-imaging capabilities(300 ft range), greater regenerative abilities, and, on the far end of speculation, the ability to divide up into sub-units, or reform after being dispersed(by explosion, mechanical action).

Variants:
*EcoS-K-D11LEx-YK---’Yboor Killer’; a Liquidus impregnated with a form of liquid thermite. Upon encountering a Yboor, the Liquidus injects itself or a portion of itself into the alien amoeba and triggers a self-oxidizing thermal reaction that burns the Yboor from the inside out.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Annndd the Liquidus gets a picture:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/liquidus_zpsdd21f5bd.jpg

Simple, and fast. Ain't magic markers wonderful?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”