Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:The Lokyee Warmount, quick-illo'ed:

End on:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img796_zpsjab8skjh.jpg

Hawkmoon edition, in silver, black, and gold:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img797_zpsspbvyd2c.jpg

The Steel Gaians', in classical Army Air Corps' khaki:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Lokyee_zpsyacujwpe.jpg

Looking good.
taalismn
Priest

Should be working on the Killdeere next.

Still trying to resolve some game mechanic issues with WIP opposition forces....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Should be working on the Killdeere next.

Still trying to resolve some game mechanic issues with WIP opposition forces....

Want some help on the mechanic issues?
taalismn
Priest

I'll PM what I've got to you.
Today was ...not productive. Spent most of the time on the phone with my insurance company...
Words of advice: if somebody dents your car, DON'T LET THEM OFF WITH A WARNING! Especially not after some sob story about their stress. :(
I did, and it's making my life ^&^&^&**.
Because a few small dents are NEVER small dents. :badbad: :frust: :frust: :frust: :mad:
It's never good when the body shop evaluator takes one look at your car and sez '...uh oh...' right off.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I'll PM what I've got to you.
Today was ...not productive. Spent most of the time on the phone with my insurance company...
Words of advice: if somebody dents your car, DON'T LET THEM OFF WITH A WARNING! Especially not after some sob story about their stress. :(
I did, and it's making my life ^&^&^&**.
Because a few small dents are NEVER small dents. :badbad: :frust: :frust: :frust: :mad:
It's never good when the body shop evaluator takes one look at your car and sez '...uh oh...' right off.

I don't have to worry about that quite the same.. I've got an ebike.. so I think the only insurance that covers that is.. home insurance? No licence needed for them.

Oh.. quick question.. is there any BlackSteel versions of A3's robot birds?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[

Nope...I imagine though, that ARCHIE-3 may have sent a few to investigate the Factory after it went offline....mighty difficult to grab a few unless they stupidly landed, but there's that possibility...maybe even the Factory was used as a basing facility for a flock...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Nope...I imagine though, that ARCHIE-3 may have sent a few to investigate the Factory after it went offline....mighty difficult to grab a few unless they stupidly landed, but there's that possibility...maybe even the Factory was used as a basing facility for a flock...

I'd imagine each factory had the information and equipment that it could build anything ARCHIE-3 had designed and build before.. including designs from previous idea men, maybe even the tin men from the mechanoids, and Glitterboys, and probably other nema material, after retooling some machinery, which the BlackSteel might have done or was in the process of trying to do before its destruction and a handful of test units of these types might have survived to the final battle, and beyond...
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I'd imagine each factory had the information and equipment that it could build anything ARCHIE-3 had designed and build before.. including designs from previous idea men, maybe even the tin men from the mechanoids, and Glitterboys, and probably other nema material, after retooling some machinery, which the BlackSteel might have done or was in the process of trying to do before its destruction and a handful of test units of these types might have survived to the final battle, and beyond...

The entity that drives the Blacksteel infection(s) tends to stick with ground based units, unless it gets into something like a warship; in which case it would be like 'coming home'. :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Found my copy of Rifter #4 and Mark Simimoto's 'ARCHIE-3 vs The World'...Juicer Bots and Borg Bots....BlackSteel fodder...heheehehhehheeh.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Found my copy of Rifter #4 and Mark Simimoto's 'ARCHIE-3 vs The World'...Juicer Bots and Borg Bots....BlackSteel fodder...heheehehhehheeh.....

I need a copy of that..
taalismn
Priest

The visual of a BlackSteel-monstrified 'Juicer'....just too good(or rather -evil-) to pass up. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

*Infestus----Cyberhellhound(BlackSteel-corrupted AA-10 Bottweiler)
(aka ‘Viralator’, ‘Cybermange’, ‘Plaguedaggit’)

“I thought the Gathering of Champions had sent that demon Pestilence packing! What are these damned things? Some left-behind of that monster’s?!”

The Infestus is a BlackSteel-corrupted AA-10 Bottweiler. The influence of BlackSteel makes them look even more skeletal, with a leathery, baggy, covering that looks like rotted skin or badly weathered plastic sheet.
Infestuses are dangerous because they carry colonies of BlackSteel-altered malnano---corrupted nanotech---that can infect and destroy technology and biology alike. Some of these nanites can induce effects that last for days, or even weeks, and permanently cripple and maim victims. The only saving grace is that they cannot produce the nanites themselves, but must be kept supplied in the field with the ‘black nano’, somewhat controling their range of operations.
Because of their lack of ranged weaponry, Infestuses rely on other BlackSteel spawn with ranged combat capability to pin down and distract opponents while the cyberhellhounds close to biting and clawing range.
Infestuses have all the aggression and hatred of a rabid attack animal, but with the cunning restraint of a cold calculating predator. They will often stalk unsuspecting prey for days, looking for an opportunity to strike. Unleashed against the villages and communities around the BlackSteel Citadel, Infestuses have been known to maliciously slay farm and household animals. herd livestock away to their destruction, and infect children with crippling nanite attacks. They are also known to sabotage travellers’ equipment and terrorize them, picking off members of traveling parties night by night.
Infestuses were encountered roaming in packs of six to eighteen individuals, near the BlackSteel Citadel. They were also encountered accompanying BlackSteel raiding and ‘headhunter’ parties. Infestuses and EShemar Kantaran (Shemarrian Wolves) are natural enemies who will attack each other on sight.

Type: BlackSteel Abomination---Infestus
Class: Robot
Crew: Corrupted Robot Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Forelegs(2) 60 each
Hind Legs(2) 80 each
Head 60 .
Main Body 160
Height: 3-4 ft
Width: 2 ft
Length: 5 ft
Weight: 450 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear(?)
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 35, PP. 20, IQ 16.
Cargo: : None
Speed:
Running: 170 MPH
Jumping: 20 ft up/ across, 80 ft with a running start in excess of 60 MPH.
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Can dogpaddle at about 10 MPH, maximum depth of 500 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the BlackSteel Citadel
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Sensory Systems, plus:

*Motion Detector----100 ft range

*Molecular Analyzer---Track by smell 80%

*Detect Radio Emissions---Infestuses can pick up and track radio emissions; 70%

*Adaptive Camouflage---The baggy tattered covering is actually a form of adaptive fabric that changes color and texture to match the ‘bot’s surroundings. When not actively mimicking the ‘bot’s surroundings, however, it has the look of diseased, flacid, loose skin. -20% to others to detect ambush/concealment, and only a 20% chance of showing up on thermal sensors.

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 10 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Acidic Ichor---If destroyed, Infestuses leak a corrosive ichor not unlike powerful battery acid. This makes destroying the ‘bots near sensitive equipment a risky undertaking. Typically a destroyed Infestus will splatter in a 3d6 ft radius beyond its normal self-destruct radius, its fluids doing 1d6 MD per melee for 1d6 melees. Immediately dosing the splatter with a powerful base substance, or diluting it with copious amounts of water will stop or slow the damage.

*Sense PPE---Infestuses can ‘smell’ PPE and active magic---100 ft range.

Vulnerabilities:
*Silver---Silver weaponry does DOUBLE damage to BlackSteel creations. If a called shot of 20+ (modified) strikes the skull or chest area with silver, the tained container/CPU/powerplant will be struck and an explosion of 6D6 MDC to a 3ft. radius will errupt and anihilate the Black-Steel... and decommission the ‘bot(self-destruct will still go off, however).
*Holy Magic---Attacking with Holy Magic will cause the normal materials of the ‘bot to expel the BlackSteel. The ‘bot will still fight on using its original programming, but it will lose its viciousness and malevolent cunning(reduce initiative by HALF), and BlackSteel properties, and all other aspects of its operation remain unchanged. However, the expelled BlackSteel will remain a threat if picked up and incorporated into other machines.

Weapons Systems:
1) Bite---Infestuses retain the powerful jaws of their origin design.
Restrained Bite/Nip 1d6x10 SDC or 1d4 MD
Full Strength Bite 3d6 MD

2) Nanites----Infestuses can infuse those they bite with malign nanomachines(malnano) that can do various detrimental effects. The BlackSteel seems to have acquired a deep knowledge of malnano used elsewhere in the megaverse, enough to devise its own improved versions of the mal-tech.
The real danger from Infestus bites is that after a violent encounter with the ‘bots, victims may not realize that the attack is still ongoing, and therefore be caught offguard when incubating nanites delivered in a previous bite attack suddenly go active and start rampaging through their bodies.
An Infestus can only carry one form of malnano, but can carry up to 25 doses of it. Infestuses CANNOT generate new doses, but must return to the . BlackSteel Citadel to be resuppplied(though some observers have seen Infestuses ‘kiss’, possibly transfering mouth-to-mouth fresh supplies of nano-munitions).

*Devourers---The most blatantly vicious form, devourers instantly begin to disassemble organic and inorganic materials alike, in an effect akin to acid. These eat away at materials, doing 3d6 MD for 1d6 melee rounds. Normal SDC beings are reduced to organic sludge within seconds.

*Cyber-Rabies---These nanites attack an organic victim’s nervous system, attaching themselves to nerve endings and interfering with a person’s ability to move. Victims will be beset by convulsions, severe trembling, trouble breathing(causing the person to alternately choke and scream as their diaphragm muscles convulse).
In any event the toll on the victim is terrible; the victim’s nervous system is swisscheesed with damage, and long term problems like acute arthritis loom in their future sooner than they’d fear.
Incubation: 1d4 minutes
Duration: 8d6 hours
Effects: The victim loses control of their voluntary muscles, going into muscle tremors and herky-jerky movements when they try to move their limbs; NO Initiative, -2 APM, and reduce all bonuses for physical movement by HALF. Just standing up is nearly impossible; the victim must roll under their P.P. (-2) or fall down. P.E. is HALVED, as the lungs spasm, cough, and choke.
If not treated, the Cyber-Rabies does eventually burn out, but victims must make a roll versus non-lethal poison(16 of better) or suffer the following long-term damage: -1 to initiative, -1 P.E., -2% to skills requiring fine motor control, and has a 20% chance of developing arthritis-like symptoms within the next 2d4 years.
Treatment: Cyber-Rabies can be successfully countered with specially programmed counter-nanites, or generous use of Purge spells.

*Grot-Nano---This is a straightout malicious nanotech infection intended to disfigure.
Incubation: 1d4 hours
Duration: P.B. loss is permanent
Effects: Attacks the dermal layers, raising thick welt-like scars, bleeding pimples, ‘spider ‘ rashes, swelling, and discolored, rough, skin. Victims will suffer -2d6 P.B.
Treatment: Specially programmed counter-nanites, or generous use of Purge spells(the use of the latter will reduce the P.B. damage by HALF).Once the nano has run its course and is flushed out of the system, cosmetic surgery and regenerative treatments can restore the abused tissue, but only about 2d4x10% of the victim’s original P.B. be restorable by most conventional therapies.

*BrainScram---This particular version of m-nano is related to Sens-Dep, but attacks the brain directly and with an opposite effect; it overstimulates the brain, lighting up the whole sensory spectrum with such intensity that the victim can’t think straight, can’t make sense of everything they are feeling/experiencing, and lapsing into unconsciousness, plagued by MASSIVE headaches.
A more advanced form of BrainScram, called ‘Shoc-Lite’ on the streets, is longer-lived(3d4 hours) and can be remotely turned on and off by a transmitted command.
Incubation: 4d6 minutes
Duration: 1d8 hours
Effects: Victims must roll under their M.E. every five minutes or be simply overwhelmed by sensory overload; lose all initiative, HALF APMS, NO bonuses, and -20% to all skill rolls. If the victim loses 3 rolls in a row, they must then roll under their P.E. to keep from passing out. Even if the victim is asleep, they will be plagued by vivid, terrifying, nightmares and delusional sensory input.
If not treated, the BrainScram does eventually burn out, but victims must make a roll versus non-lethal poison(16 of better) or suffer the following long-term damage: -1 to initiative, - 1 to Perception., and -3% to skills requiring tactile senses(like Pick Pockets or Pick Locks).
Treatment: If applied quickly enough, powerful anti-seizure medications can reduce the effects of BrainScram by HALF.

*Sens-Dep(aka ‘Black Out’)----One of the more common and favorite m-nano is sens-dep, or sensory deprivation, nano, that attacks the senses. Sens-dep nano blocks vital connections such as the optic nerve, auditory nerves, and sensation. Trapped inside their own heads, unsure of their circumstances, many victims wind up wondering if they’re alive or dead, and can go insane from the experience.
Incubation: 1d4 hours
Duration: 8d6 hours
Effects: Victim loses all senses(sight, hearing, touch, smell) and becomes trapped inside their own head for the duration of the attack. Victims must roll versus their M.E. or can suffer coming out of the experience with a random insanity.
Treatment: Powerful stimulants(such as Juicer harness drugs( can dull the effects of the sens-dep, restoring SOME sensation to the victim and removing the risk of insanity(reduce penalties by HALF). Telepathic contact with the victim will also help keep them sane.

*Adrenal-Stop---This variety of m-nano attacks a victim’s adrenal system, clamping down on a person’s ability to produce adrenaline and sustain physical activity---a victim simply cannot engage in anything physically exerting---like fighting or fleeing, without becoming extremely fatigued, short of breath, and rapidly burnt out.
The BlackSteel version is even longer lasting than the Black Market version, and has more profound side effects.
Incubation: 2d6 minutes
Duration: 4d6 hours
Effects: Victim fatigues 2-4 times as fast(roll a 1d4, with ‘1-2’ meaning double fatigue rate). -1 to strike, parry, dodge, and reduce Speed by 1/4.
If not treated, the Adrenal-Stop does eventually burn out, but victims must make a roll versus non-lethal poison(16 of better) or suffer the following long-term damage: -1 to initiative, - 2 P.E..
Treatment: Powerful stimulants and artificial adrenaline analogues can supply what’s being cut off, though the recipient will feel even more like $&$# even with correct dosages.

*Cyber-Palsey---This insidious m-nano starts firing off the voluntary muscles left and right, inducing an epileptic seizure.
Incubation: 4d6 minutes
Duration: 1d4 hours
Effects: The victim loses control of their voluntary muscles, going into muscle tremors and herky-jerky movements when they try to move their limbs; NO Initiative, -2 APM, and reduce all bonuses for physical movement by HALF. Just standing up is nearly impossible; the victim must roll under their P.P. (-2) or fall down.
If not treated, the Cyber-Palsey does eventually burn out, but victims must make a roll versus non-lethal poison(16 of better) or suffer the following long-term damage: -1 to initiative, -2 P.E., -2 SPD, -5% to skills requiring fine motor control, and -1 to Sense of Balance.
Treatment: If applied quickly enough, powerful anti-seizure medications can reduce the effects of Cyber-Palsey by HALF.

*Gimp-Weave---An m-nano corruption of so-called Muscle Weave, Gimp-Weave grows strong polycarbon fibers throughout the muscles and joints of the body, producing a stiff, subdermal net that actually fights a person’s ability to bend and move freely. The victim actually gains some small amount of extra SDC, but loses considerable mobility.
A more advanced version of Gimp-Weave, known as ‘smart-gimp’, allows for freedom of movement, but instantly tightens up when stimulated by certain microwave frequencies. Infestuses are known to carry both forms; the latter known to affect victims who later run into higher-echelon BlackSteel abominations.
Gimp-Weave’s biggest drawback is its slow incubation rate before it becomes effective. However, that is part of its insideous nature; victims may not know they are infected with anything until the first symptoms appear days later.
Incubation: 2d4 days(half that if the victim is a Juicer; the Juicer-aug seems to speed the incubation process)
Duration: Permanent
Effects: +4d6 SDC, but reduce P.P. by 2d6, reduce APMs, Strike, Parry, Dodge, and Roll bonuses by HALF, and reduce Speed to 1/4.
Treatment: Gimp-Weave can only be removed by extensive nano-therapy that dismantles the nanofibres...the process takes 3d6 days...or powerful magic therapies like the Restoration spell.

*Zombie Nanites---This specific form of malnano infects metal body armors worn by organic beings. The infected armor suddenly breaks out as if being rapidly rotted by fungus, wth tendrils piercing the flesh of the wearer. The nanittes quickly knit themselves into an exoskeleton that ‘puppet-walks’ the victim against their will, turning them into a shambling zombie-like biot-bot. Their movements will be jerky and convulsive, and they tend to telegraph their moves easily enough that others stand a good chance of dodging and avoiding the cyber-zombie, but the fact remains that their colleague is trapped and being used to attack them.
It is possible for a victim of this attack to survive, if the zombie-bot can be restrained and kept from hurting others and its wearer.
Incubation: 1d4 minutes
Duration: Conditionally permanent. The zombie-bot draws its power from the entrapped victim, and can keep moving for as many minutes as the victim has P.E. Increase duration by 50% if the victim has Superhuman P.E.(such as Juicers or Crazies), and DOUBLE if Supernatural. At the end of the active duration, the zombie-bot will go dormant until the core-victim recovers their P.E. (though the robotic exoskeleton will still serve as a straitjacket for the entrapped victim), whereupon it will again rampage until either its cre victim dies or the armor is destroyed.
Effects: Turns metal body armors into drone robot exoskeletons that rampage, attacking anybody nearby. The ‘Armor-Zombie’ retains the original MDC of the infected armor, but has a Supernatural P.S. of 30, a Speed of 14, and has 4 actions/attacks per melee, but no bonuses in hand to hand combat. Ranged weapons already held in the hands can still be fired, but count as Shooting Wild.
Cyborgs and Power Armors CANNOT be ‘zombified’ by this form of nanite.
Treatment: Destroy the armor and free the person inside. If the core victim is killed, the zombie-armor dissolves into a metallic slag and corrosion dust.

Programming/Skills:
Math: Basic 98%
Language(Understanding) American, Spanish, Euro, Gobbley, Splugorth, Dragonese all at 80%
Climb 70%/0%
Detect Ambush 60%
Detect Concealment 70%
Land Navigation 94%
Military Etiquette 98%
Escape Artist 65%
Herd Cattle 70%
Identify Plants and Fruits 90%
Inelligence 95%
Prowl 75%
Streetwise 45%
ID Undercover Agent 80%
Swimming 90%
Tracking(People) 85%
Tracking(Animals) 80%
Tailing 95%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2
Dodge +5 +7 when running in excess of 70 MPH
Parry +3
Strike + 4
Roll +2
Pull Punch +5
Disarm +2
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Restrained Bite/Nip 1d6x10 SDC or 1d4 MD
Full Strength Bite 3d6 MD
Full Strength Claw Strike 2d4 MD
Note: Infestus Teeth and Claws are particularly jagged, and wounds inflected with them will take 50% longer to heal naturally
Head Butt 1d4 MD
Body Block/Jumping Attack 1d6 MD and has a 55% chance of knocking targets f 800 lbs’ weight or less offf their feet.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:*Infestus----Cyberhellhound(BlackSteel-corrupted AA-10 Bottweiler)

Nice and evil!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:*Infestus----Cyberhellhound(BlackSteel-corrupted AA-10 Bottweiler)

Nice and evil!

Of course! How you like them zombie-nanites? :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Nice and evil!

Of course! How you like them zombie-nanites? :twisted:

I like. Survivors would most likely develop phobias of being in full armour again afterwards, or of dogs.
taalismn
Priest

I'm double-posting this girl from the Paladin Steel thread because she fits so well within BOTH continuities:

(Okay, my concept of a ‘munchkin character’)
*I just LOVE the Natural Genius class in Powers Unlimited 2; so much opportunity to create mad genuis-ish goodness).

(Interdim Persona Data File 23387412781727662-*Commence Access*)

Patrika Tendii MegaCyberHeroine (Cyberhumanoid Natural Genuis)

“Doctors have come from distant cities
Just to see me
Stand over my bed
Disbelieving what they’re seeing
----
Fate smiled and destiny
Laughed as she came to my cradle
Know this child will be able
Laughed as my body she lifted
Know this child will be gifted
With love, with patience and with faith
She’ll make her way”
-Natalie Merchant, “Wonder”

A child of the dawn of the Golden Age, Patrika Tendii got off to a rough start in life; she was born to a drug-addicted teenage mother, with her neonatal physical development severely compromised by the substances her mother was abusing. At birth, Patrika was lacking in many things; some organs failed to develop, her skeleton was more akin to jellied cartilage, and she was unrecognizable as a human being; only a sack of vital organs and, paradoxically, a well-developed brain and central nervous system were all there was to her. Most medical staff on the scene agreed that it would be more merciful to simply let the catastrophically malformed child die, except for Doctors Ernst and Omiya Tendii. While many of their professional colleagues questioned the ethics of what amounted to human experimentation, Doctor Omiya Tendii had the sorry sack of organs placed in an experimental life support system of her own design. The nervous system was kept stimulated, and, against all expectation, owing to the massive physical deformities, exhibited responses no different from that of a perfectly normal child. This gave the Tendiis hope that their adopted charge might yet survive and overcome, despite her lack of a suitable body...which the Tendiis set out to provide. As cyberneticists, the Tendiis decided to build their adopted daughter the body that happenstance had shorted her of.
At first, their efforts were crude; Patrika’s body resembling a NASA extraterrestrial robot rover more than anything else; a life support system with grafted-on propulsion, sensory mounts, and manipulator arms. Over the years, Patrika would develop, her body evolving in stages as new technologies were developed...mobility and manipulatory abilities were added to the life support system, which became smaller and more compact as time progressed. New sensors were added, nerve connections were identified, hooked up, trained, and enabled to perform their tasks; movement, expression.....The boxy life-cradle gave way to a centauroid....a simple wireframe ‘face’ was more progressively micromuscled and skinned to allow a greater range of expression....Complexities of control were overcome...A humanoid body emerged. Patrika became a testbed and guinea pig of new cybernetics and bionics systems. She also became something of a minor celebrity in select circles of the medical community as being ‘the child who shouldn’t have lived’ but was not only living, but THRIVING.
Patrika’s emotional and mental development were not stunted in any way; young Patrika exhibited curiousity, played, explored, and had temper tantrums like any other child. By age ten she knew more about her own anatomy than any other child, and she became an active participant in the ongoing improvement of her own body. Her appearance became her own design, as she took elements from those around her, choosing a multi-ethnic appearance to reflect her own strong feelings of tolerance and equality, with a strong dash of individualism.
She learned dance as a way of pushing the limits of the agility of a prosthetic body....Dance became a study of the martial arts, and Patrika blended her studies of Oriental and Carribean martial arts into her own heavily dance-based style. She has modified her body to be faster, stronger, and more responsive to keep up with her martial arts studies. In her efforts to prove that her prosthetics do not make her LESS human, she has arguably pushed the limits of her physical performance to MORE THAN human levels, such that the Olympic Committee passed regulations against bionic enhancement in anticipation of cyberhumanoid frames like Patrika applying to compete, and thus triggering an international cyborg ‘arms race’ in sport. Personally, however, Patrika draws the line at gross overt bionic augmentation(like becoming essentially a walking humanoid tank) for the sheer sake of power.
As Horizont Technologies’ president(she would inherit the position from her parents) and arguably greatest product, Patrika Tendii continues her research and humanitarian work. Though not an extremist of the ‘metal is better than meat’ sort, Patrika still feels strongly that cybernetics and bionics, even full conversions, do not have to make people LESS human, but can ease pain and suffering, and even vulnerability in some circumstances, and allow them to continue BEING human.
Horizont Technologies remains a small, but influential, high-tech firm on the cutting edge of cybernetic technology, especially in the area of medical implants and prosthetics. Despite several efforts by the government and larger firms to buy up the smaller HT or hire its talents for exclusive contracts, HT has managed to retain its independence, stay solvent, and continue its humanitarian work. By and large, Horizont has remained above taking military contracts, for instance. Unfortunately, Patrika has become aware that several of the company’s patents have been infringed on, and their technology copied for less legitimate purposes by unscrupulous agencies. This has led her to reconsider her position and possibly making a deal with an honest and reliable firm or government agency she can trust, to do some limited work for them, in return for assistance in cracking down on the black market applications. This has also led her to consider certain ‘special applications’ cybernetics and bionics for those employees close to her that she can trust, and for those agencies she would later cooperate extensively with. Patrika Tendii would also come to work closely with government agencies such as NEMA on issues involving cybernetics and bionics, and she would become a consultant on cyborg-related security matters.

Because she grew up being a cyborg, Patrika suffers few, if any, of the limitations and penalties suffered by those who have received extensive implant/conversion work later in life. Being mostly machine is second nature to her, and the mental effort she might spend agonizing over what she lost(or rather never had) she applies to more productive endeavors. Indeed, the process of knowing and modifying her own bionic body as she grew up makes working with machines and computers second-nature to herself.
Miss Tendii has also not neglected the purely physical in her skill development. Indeed, she sees the physical skills as an important part of proving that she, and other full body prosthetic conversions, can be as normal in their daily activities as anybody else. Patrika has trained in martial arts(as an extension of her dance training) and advanced movement as part of her determination to further improve her bionic body(ies) to the equivalent of any flesh-and-blood body in terms of flexibility and adaptibility, and especially grace and expressed kinetic passion. Despite the exclusivity of the style, Patrika Tendii was able to persuade a trainer of Capoeria(see Rifter #7 World Warriors, for details of this martial arts) to take her seriously enough to train her as far as her bionics would allow her to go in the very movement-, dance-, and fun-oriented style. During her visits to Japan to consult and study with fellow technologists there, she also picked up a few pointers from other martial artists. Another aspect of her physical training was fencing; she’s a modest talent with a sword(she’s also been known to carry a gun and a tazer in hidden compartments in her legs, and carries licenses for both). Add to that some skill in moving in zero-gravity(learned when she took an almost mandatory rite of millionaire passage during the Golden Age; the Virgin Galactic Orbital Excursion), and Patrika Tendii is arguably one of the most graceful full conversion cyborgs to have lived.
Patrika stays away from more gross bionic augmentation; she prefers to keep her appearance human. This isn’t to say that she hasn’t augmented herself beyond the essentials; she’s wealthy, eccentric, and smart enough to afford or build some pretty powerful bionic technology and exclusive features into herself. She will tend, however, to focus on systems that improve her sensory capabilities, agility, and cyber-security(after several hack attempts on her mind while she was linked into a network, she’s been very careful about opening up access to herself).
She’s spent several years in Japan, visiting with cousins, and studying abroad. She is familiar with the Japanese high-tech establishment as a result, and has a number of professional contacts in that country. She also has contacts in the American Northwest Indian community, due to blood relatives.

Patrika supposedly also had a twin sister of sorts; Marie-Alexandra Tendii. The way the rather lurid and melodramatic story goes is that Marie was a clone produced by an organized crime syndicate, using biotech and talent on the run from the Shaper Corporation scandal. The clone was cyborgized with rather cruder tech, and raised to believe that SHE was the real Patrika Tendii, abandoned by the Tendiis in favor of a pretender. The rather bizarre and convoluted plot to kill the real Patrika and substitute the ringer long enough to take over Horizont Technologies failed miserably when Patrika proved more than able to defend herself. Worse yet, upon learning of the tale behind the imposter’s existence, Patrika FORGAVE her attacker and bent heaven and earth to have her legally adopted into the family(this might have actually worked to the syndicate’s advantage, had they not hopelessly alienated their creation by trying to eliminate her after failing to off the real Patrika).
Beyond that, details of Patrika’s immediate family are scant. Patrika may have had several adopted ‘sisters’ and other family members; cyborg beneficiaries of Horizont’s medical outreach and charity programs, and other orphans adopted into the family. The Tendii family tended to keep personal details close after several attempts on Patrika and the cyborg community in general.

Post Rifts Note: Nothing is known of what happened to Patrika Tendii at the Fall of the Golden Age. Her parents, Ernest and Omiya, were certainly dead by that time. Various rumors persist, however, that both Patrika and Marie may have somehow survived the cataclysm, at least for a while, and even into the current day.
Horizont Technologies’ facilities, or at least some of them, were uncovered by scavengers and scouts from Paladin Steel, and much of the data recovered provided an invaluable boost to PS’s own cybertech sciences division.

Level of Experience:14 th Level Natural Genuis/Cyberhumanoid
Race: Human(Cyberhumanoid)
Alignment: Scrupulous
Land of Origin: United States, North America
Sex: Female
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 180 lbs
Physical Description/Appearance:
Patrika has selected as her ‘default’ appearance a tall, slender-build young human(oid) female with cinnamon-tan skin, attractive features, and metallic silver-gold hair. She also has expressive aqua-marine eyes(with gold accents), a triangular optical panel in her forehead, and computer interface/headjack ports behind the ears. Her body has occasionally visible angular features that betray her artificial body, however; faint seams, and too-perfect proportions. Skin has a slightly shiny cast to it, wrist, elbow, ankle, knee joints, and clavicle have a slightly more angular look to them, while barely discernable seams are visible at the armpits and thighs. She also hasn’t mastered the art of blushing(the chemotrope cells she’s had installed in her skin have trouble interpreting some of her subconscious signals), so her tan complexion helps cover for that shortcoming. She also has a triangular plate of green glass(actually a cyberoptic panel) set in her forehead.
In her occasional appearances as ‘Angel Steel’, she has much the same appearance, but with obvious silver-metallic artificial arms and legs.

(Megaversal Rumor: It’s entirely possible, given ARCHIE-3’s notable lack of originality, and perverse sense of humor, that the appearance of the Shemarrian ‘goddess’ Ava is based on visual records of Patrika Tendii, just as A3’s ‘son’, Argent Goodson, was based on the appearance of fictional pre-Rifts Juicer super-agent Julian Amicci.)

“It took a while to identify and match the remaining nerves to appropriate artificial musculature in my prosthetic face to produce a spontaneous smile that didn’t come across as creepy. But the effect it had on my world was well worth the effort.”
----Patrika Tendii, in Myself, Version 3.0(The Continually Updated Autobiography of a Young Cyborg)

Disposition:
A kind, sociable, compassionate, inquisitive, intellectual and self-confident person. She tends to observe and listen a lot(a holdover from her early childhood when she wanted to perfect her knowledge of body language and learn to respond appropriately), and considers her actions well before doing anything. She approaches problems as intellectual challenges, and prefers to use brains over brute force to resolve situations. She can come off as cool and detached when the situation requires it, but at the core she is a passionate idealist and romantic with strong beliefs. She treats everyone with equal courtesy and respect, and is an advocate for the handicapped and the disadvantaged. She cares deeply for her friends and family, and, having seen a childhood friend commit suicide, she tries to look out for those she considers close to her. In the past, she’s proven perfectly willing to put herself in danger and sacrifice an arm or a leg to protect others. If it comes to violence, Patrika is all calm and cold fury.
Patrika has, in the past, struggled with some feelings of inadequacy, realizing that her bionic biology has insulated her from some of the impulses, drives, slings and arrows of a normal-bodied person. She relishes the opportunities to be like other people with regards to enjoying emotional ties and having fun, though she wonders if she is really experiencing the full impact of emotions like love without the full biological element. She also worries about assuming too much of her physical superiority in many cases; her friend’s suicide left her distraught that ‘flesh and blood is so fragile’, but recognizes that insanity is not an illness of flesh and blood alone. Her desire to experience the full range of human capabilities, including motherhood, has driven her research into how a full conversion cyborg might procreate; Snow(see below) is arguably the greatest result of this drive.
Despite her occasional doubts, she is comfortable with what she is. She’s turned down several offers to be transplanted into a (cloned) organic body, or magically transformed into a ‘real’ girl, feeling that it is perhaps her destiny to be a cyborg and a role model for other young cyborgs, and she is best of service to people as she is.

Physical Attributes/Superlatives:
IQ: 30(+16% to skill rolls)
ME: 26 (+6 save vs psionic attack, +9 vs insanity)
MA: 23(75% charm/intimidate)
PS: 20(Bionics)(+5 to damage)
PP: 20(Bionics)(+3 to strike, parry, and dodge)
PE: 21(for purposes of saves)(+12% save vs coma/death, +3 vs poison and magic)
PB: 18(Bionics)(40% charm/impress)
SPD: 60 (45 MPH)(Bionics)

(ISP):---
(PPE): 6

Hit Points:(Organic Core)77
SDC:---
MDC:
Head 90
Main Body 200
Arms(2) 70 each
Hands(2) 25 each
Legs(2) 80 each
Feet(2) 30 each
Horror Factor: ----
Special Abilities/Characteristics/Powers:
-Clinical Outlook---- When required, Patrika can ‘step back’ and look at things with a dispassionate impartiality that allows her not to be swayed by emotion, fear, or revulsion. +8 Vs Horror Factor.
-Analytical Mind---- Patrika’s mind may be organic, but she can be precise, logical, and all-encompassing in her thoughts and planning. +2 on initiative, +1 ME.
-Enhanced Memory----Patrika has a very good memory; 60% chance of remembering anything with perfect clarity, 30% chance of just the gist of them.
- Unnatural Perception---- Being very detail oriented, Patrika can pick up on things other people would miss or mentally gloss over. +1 to initiative, +2 to dodge.
-2 Mental Toughness----Patrika is mentaly tough; she knows her own mind and how to guard it. +6 save versus Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind Bond, Mind Wipe, Empathic Transfer, and Bio-Manipulation. +1 save versus all other types of psionic attack, mind control, insanity, and Horror Factor.
-4 Mind Over Matter: Combat Trance---- Patrika’s martial arts training and acute sense of her own bionic body have given her the ability to, with 1 melee of meditative preparation, slip into an extremely effective mental combat fugue: +2 APMs, +1 initiative, +6 strike/parry, +3 dodge/disarm/entangle/pull punch. 20 melee rounds, 23 times per 24 hours. The downside is that during this cyberberserker state, Patrika’s other skill proficiencies and other Mental Discipline bonuses are HALVED.
-6 Find Weakness----With one full melee of observation, Patrika can make some pretty good guesses as to an opponent’s weaknesses. The subsequent melees of combat, her attacks then do DOUBLE damage, and she is +2 on initiative/strike and +3 to parry/dodge, but only against one specific opponent whose weaknesses she has studied. Can maintain this state for 1d4 melees before inevitable distraction breaks her concentration, and she can only regain/re-attempt another such fugue after 10 minutes(40 melees).
-8 Iron Willpower---- Maybe not nerves of steel(fiber optic, actually) but damned close; +4 save versus mind control, +5 save vs possession, +4 save vs anesthetics/knockout drugs, +3 save vs illusions and horror factor, and +15% save versus coma/death.
-11 Speed Reader---Can read comprehensively at a rate of 13 pages per minute. That’s not factoring in her built-in scanner(for saving for reading later).
-13 Mind Over Matter: Body Control---- Not so much the mundane body functions(as Patrika’s bionic body can go without food and water for weeks, and breathing for days), but Patrika can pull grinds without sleep for up to 13 days(after which she WILL crash for 1d6 days of straight sleep).

Magic:---(See Alternate Patrika Tendiis, below)
Psionics:----(See Alternate Patrika Tendiis, below)
Cybernetics/Bionics:
Full Conversion CyberHumanoid
Standard Bionic Features
(Full Conversion CyberHumanoid)
*Forehead Macro-Eye Sensor
*(Legs) Secret Compartments---Patrika often keeps a handgun in one
Note: These features are all found in the bionic and cybernetic section of the Rifts RPG.
1. Bionic lung with gas filter & storage cell
2. Built-in language translator
3. Built-in radio receiver & transmitter(wireless modem and cellphone system)
4. Clock calendar
5. Gyro-compass
6. Modulated voice synthesizer
7. Multi-optic eyes
8. Built-in loudspeaker
9. Universal headjack with amplified hearing and sound filtration systems.

10: Video/Audio Recorder Stack----Patrika has an implanted microchip array that can record up to 48 hours of audio and visual data---essentially what she’s hearing and seeing, and she can play this back at will, edit it, or download it to an external destination via her interface terminals.

11. Interface Jacks---Patrika has a universal headjack behind her ears, and one in each wrist. She also has a recharge/diagnostic port at the base of her spine.

12: Air Pressure Detection/Micro-Radar System---Micro-sensors embedded in her synthetic skin allow Patrika to have a sense of her immediate environment, detecting motion in a 20 ft radius of her and affording her the following bonuses: +1 initiative, +3 dodge, +2 parry and +1 roll, and cannot be surprised from behind.

13: Onboard Computer System---Works in conjunction with the wireless modem system. This system has at any one time 3 databases programmed in, each at a 38% skill tutorial rating. Depending on her needs and circumstances, Patrika has been known to load these slots with cultural and language skill databases, or specific engineering plan walk-throughs.

14: Ambidexterity---Patrika is fully ambidextrous; +1 APM, and +5% to physical skills requiring both hands.

15. Nanotech Repair Systems---A late addition, these repair nanites can ‘heal’ up to 12 MD per hour, maximum of 48 MDC before needing recharging.

16. Recycler---Patrika likely had this system installed when she went into space; reduces air intake by 50% up to 12 hours and food for a week.

17. Psionic Insulation----Any post-Rifts or Golden Age-with-psionics Patrika engaged in government work is likely to invest in psionic defense implants like Psionic Electro-Magnetic Dampers(+1 save vs all psionic attacks, +2 vs possession, +1 vs magic illusions and mind control) and/or Telepathic Blockers.

Skills of Note: (14 th Level Natural Genius)
*-Computer
Basic Electronics 98%
Computer Operation 98%
Computer Programming 98%
Computer Repair 98%

*-Mechanical(General)
Mechanical Engineer 98%
Basic Electronics 98%
Locksmith 98%

*-Science
Computer Operation 98%
Advanced Mathematics 98%
Artificial Intelligence 98%
Psychology 98%
Chemistry 98%
Chemistry Analytical 98%

*-Technical
-Research 98%
-General Repair & Maintenance 98%
-Computer Networks 98%
-Technical Writing 98%

*-Language/Literacy
-English 98%
-Spanish 98%
-Latin 98%
-Japanese 98%

*-Gizmoteer
Biology 98%
Circuit Board Micro-Electronics 98%
Computer Operation 98%
Electrical Engineering 98%
Mechanical Engineering 98%
Optical Systems 98%
Radio: Basic 98%
Surveillance Systems 98%
TV/Video 98%

*-Medical : Cybernetic/Nionic
Biology 98%
Computer Operation 98%
Electrical Engineering 98%
Medical Doctor 98%
Plastic Surgery 98%
Pathology 98%
M.D. Bionics 98%

*-Nanotechnology:
Computer Repair 98%
Electrical Engineer 98%
Mechanical Engineer 98%
Nanomanufacturing 98%
Nanorobotics 98%
Robot Electronics 98%
Robot Mechanics 98%

*-Physical
-Climbing 98%
-Swimming 98%
-Prowl 95%
-Juggling 98%

-o Dance 98%

-o Pilot Automobile 98%
-o Read Sensory Instruments 98%
-o Navigation: Land 98%
-o Wardrobe and Grooming 98%
-oRecycle 98%
-oPerformance 98%
-oCalligraphy 98%
-2Public Speaking 98%
-2 W.P. Handguns (+6 strike)
-4Electricity Generation 98%
-4 Automotive Mechanics 98%
-6 Radio: Scramblers 98%
-6 Movement: Zero Gravity
-8 EVA 70%
-8 Pilot Hovercraft 80%
-10 W.P. Energy Pistol(+3 strike)
-10 W.P. Energy Rifle(+3 strike)
-12 Sew 50%
-12 Language/Literacy: TechnoCan 60% / 40%

Gymnastics
Sense of Balance 50+3
Work Parallel Bars & Rings 60+3
Climb Rope 60+2
Back Flip 70+2
Climbing 25 or +5
Prowl 30 or +5

Singing 98%
Play Musical Instrument(s):(Berimbau, Panderio/Tambourine, Atabaque/congo drum) 98%

Martial Arts: Capoeria(modified)
W.P. Blunt(club/stick)(+4 strike/parry)
W.P. Paired
W.P. Short Sword(+5 stike/parry)
W.P. Knife(+5 stike/parry, +6 strike thrown)

Actions/Attacks per Melee: 5
Initiative:+7
Strike:+5
Parry: +6
Auto-Parry
Dodge:+16
Auto-Dodge
Roll:+5
Auto-Roll
Pull Punch:+3
Critical Strike on a natural 18- 20 or from behind
KO on natural 19-20
Somersault/Cartwheel +3
Handstand +2
Kick+3
Damage(all) +10
Kick Damage +2
Maintain Balance +3
Jump/Leap Attacks +3
Circular Parry
Kick 2d4+5 SDC
Snap Kick 1d6+5 SDC
Axe Kick
Flying Reverse Turning Kick
Backward Sweep No damage, but knocks down opponent(lose initiative and 1 APM getting back up)
Trip/Hook
Drop Kick
Spinning Crescent Kick

Saves:
+27%Vs Coma/Death
+3 Vs Magic
+7 Vs Psionics
+12 Vs Horror Factor
+10 Vs Insanity
+6 Vs Possession
+6 Vs Hypnotic Suggestion, Mind Bond, Mind Wipe, Empathic Transfer.
+5 Vs Mind Control
+4 Vs Anesthesia/Knockout Drugs/Poisons(those that actually make it through into her biosystems)
+3 Vs Illusions
Impervious to psionic Bio-Manipulation, Telemechanics(all), See Aura, and HP-direct attacks.
75% charm/intimidate
40% charm/impress

Notable Possessions/Equipment:
Patrika has full access to the resources of Horizont Technologies, such as mainframe access, prototyping laboratories, and workshops.

Typically carries a small electronics and cybernetics tool kit with her, a laser wand, and an accessory laptop computer. As an executive, she would also wear Plainclothes MDC body armor.
Though intitially opposed to weapons, Patrika would later find it necessary to carry weapons for self-defense, as word about her unique nature got out. She would begin carrying a Semmerling 9mm Automatic Pistol with spare clips in her leg compartment, and a tazer in the other(later, she may upgrade one of these to a compact laser pistol).

She(or at least Horizont Technologies) was also reportedly responsible for some of the first successful pre-Rifts cyborg horses. The Tendii family compound played host to at least one bionically-augmented horse.

Alternate Patrika Tendiis
Interdim has catalogued and monitored several other Patrika Tendii world-lines:

*’Angel Steel’--- “The music is in the metal, the song is in the soul!”
Angel Steel was a moniker adopted by Patrika Tendii as a performance name, for a performing band made up of similarly-minded scientific genuises looking for another creative outlet. Going by various names, with a rotating lineup of musicians, the band often featured a lead singer with gold skin and hair, emerald green third cyberoptic, and obviously mechanical limbs, appropriately heavily chromed, and other obvious implants(decidedly cruder-seeming and more blatantly artificial than Patrika’s normal configuration).
Lately, on Rifts Earth, there’s been rumor of a muse going by the name ‘Angel Steel’ performing in such places as Lazlo and the Relic, and even the ‘burbs of Free Quebec. The performer’s appearance matches that of surviving pre-Rifts music CDs showing Patrika Tendii in her band configuration. It may be a coincidence, or an imitator, but might it be the original, emerged from whatever stasis or dimensional pocket she’s been hiding in?

*Patrika the Cyberpsychologist---- “Are the children born of our minds any less deserving of our love than those born of our flesh and blood?”
Most likely/often an alternate Patrika who grew up in a Golden Age Earth that does NOT suffer the Coming of the Rifts. This Patrika Tendii becomes a major advocate for the rights of Artificial Intelligences, seeing herself as part of a ‘bridge’ of cyborgs who bind the interests of the wholly organic and the artificial.

*Patrika ‘Queen of Dreams’--- “Honestly? Even years after the Incident, I still sometimes wake up suddenly very afraid that all I’m experiencing, all I’ve experienced, since my rescue is all a delusion...that I’m still trapped inside my own skull, abandoned in that dumping ground, waiting for my blood oxygen to finally run out. And to think I’m considered a lucky one to have survived. I came back all the way. What about those others who are still trapped inside their own heads, in denial or smothered in their own ongoing terrors? Who can reach in to them and tell them it’s safe to come back?”
A Patrika who became one of several victims of a serial killer, but survived being physically dismembered and effectively buried alive. Somehow, despite having only a 48 hour emergency power and nutrient supply, Patrika survived for over a week before being found and quick-thinking colleagues, called in to identify the remains, re-connected her uncracked skull casing with power and nutrient. Patrika recovered from the extreme sensory deprivation with miraculous resilience, but the experience left her forever changed. She became intensely interested in mind-machine interfacing as a means of psychological rehabilitation, and became an imminent psychologist, particularly in the field of treating trauma victims, interfacing with them in a VR landscape and helping them overcome their fears.

*Patrika ‘The Nanite Queen’--- “The human brain contains untapped capacity, the human mind holds untapped potential. United and given access to the right tools, what is NOT possible to such a combination?”
Another ‘Golden Age’ Patrika Tendii, this one mastered a near superhuman/superpowered control of nanites installed in her cyborg body and run by her extensively modified nervous system. Accounts vary, but apparently, in addition to being able to affect repairs to her own cyborg body, Patrika could extend tendrils of nanites outside herself, to deconstruct materials, perform nanotech healing and surgery on others, fabricate small objects(or even entire cybernetic limbs), and even armor herself in a layered shell of reconstructed carbon.

*Patrika Wayfinder--- “She was born Wayfinder long before we found her.”
Patrika as rescued and reconstructed by the Shemarrian Wayfinder Tribe. This alternity postulates that Patrika Tendii was in the Orbitals at the time of the Coming of the Rifts, and was one of those lost as the catastrophe hit the Orbital community. She was either blown out into space beyond the ability of the confused Orbitals to track and rescue(the destruction of the Japanese space colony threw up a fairly large amount of debris into nearspace) or else fell through a rare orbital Rift. In any case, Patrika’s bionics prove more resilient that even she anticipated, her life support systems putting her into a state of suspended biological animation as she drifts in space...until a spacefaring branch of the Shemarrian Nation comes across her.
The Wayfinders revive the ancient astronaut and rebuild her to Shemarrian spec, including PPE implants and TechnoWizardry spell capabilities. Her return to Earth is as an emissary of the Wayfinders, enjoying their material support as she seeks to establish ties between the Shemarrian Nation and various potential allies.

*Patrika of Time/Space----”Time and Space. Move through one and you move through the other. Sounds simple, but try favoring one over the other.”
This alternate variant of Patrika Wayfinder has a convoluted past in that she is the reincarnated offspring of a Temporal Mage and a Spacial Mage. It is not until she receives PPE Power Matrix implants that provide the PPE lacking in her bionic body, that she discovers an instinctive grasp of space/time and a limited spellcasting ability, able to wield both Temporal and Spacial magicks.

*’Trinity’--- “If that’s what is required to protect humanity, then I will give up my own. I will be legion, I will be the dogs of Earth, the wolves of Mars, the handmaidens of Gaia.”
Give Patrika Tendii enough scientific-industrial capability and pressurize with a planetary catastrophe or alien invasion, and there’s a good chance that the ‘Trinity’ avatar will emerge. Patrika Tendii seems to twig to the idea of uploading her consciousness and then downloading it into dozens, if not not hundreds or thousands, of neural intelligence robot copies of herself. Interdim doesn’t yet know where the ‘Trinity’ nickname they tend to give themselves comes from(various speculations have it mean ‘Mother, Artist, Warrior’, or ‘Defiance, Resistance, Perseverance’), but where ‘Trinity’ manifests, this Tendii collective-intelligence tends to be militant and hard-driving, alone or en masse. Given what ONE Patrika is like, an army possessing her capabilities and skill set(s) is a frightening thing. What can’t be done by magic or psionics, gets done by pure brute force and weight of numbers. Of the seven dimensions known to manifest the ‘Trinity’ avatar, we believe that one has taken over the entire planet Mars, and another controls most of Sol System. Another version of this avatar-variant is the controlling AI running a fleet of relativistic ‘slowboat’ refugee starships fleeing a devastated Earth.

‘Ultimate Patrika’----”Divinity really should experience mortality; it keeps one modest.”
There are vague reports of an even more powerful alternate Patrika Tendii who is in fact a Spirit of Light, born/incarnated initially as a mortal, her supernatural powers at first constrained by her bionic ‘shell’, but later assisting in the channeling of her divine energies.

#From Monitor Watch Officer Minda’alo, Attention of Senior Monitor Section Overseer, Interdim Persona Data File 23387412781727662---Personal Addendum. Chief, we’ve been detecting no overt disturbances in monitoring the Tendii world-lines, but we’ve also detected some anomalies I’d feel better about bringing to your attention sooner rather than later. We’ve been seeing some changes in behavior in Lines -3CC47624 and -3CC262657 that...well, almost suggest that Miss Tendii is AWARE of our monitoring. I’m loathe to definitely call it that and invoke Observer Paradox Protocols right now, but I’d rather go on record now and not be caught flatfooted later if that IS the case. Just so you know; I’ve tagged the relevant observation segments for your review. Thanks---Minda.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Illo added to the Killdeere post:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img798%20copy_zpsnfg0mg2t.jpg

And Eco-KRP24-KAScr Vola'Dry War Beast added to the Page 1 Codex.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemarrian Tyrannastar-class Light Cruiser
(aka ‘GrapplerGoblins’, ‘Hull-biters’)

“A tyrannastar ever grapples with you and latches onto your hull, do yourselves a favor and blow your engines and yourselves up rather than wait for them to get aboard, you hear? Because once they get their claws on you, you’ll wish you were dead! Even the Infernals would prefer a quick clean sun-death to what the Nightmares will do to you!”

“Heh-heh-heh. We got ourselves a nice haul of gift-wrapped pirates! Now, do we turn them over to the CCW to drag through their courts...or give them to our own Nahsi to play with? Or maybe the Ghost Rider Doms want some new minds to unravel? I hear the Sapphire Cobras are always looking for new playthings! Oh, such difficult decisions!”

As one of the first definitely-identified Lost Eclipse starships(the Tribe being notoriously even more elusive than the Ghostriders) , the Tyrannastar was at first dismissed as a variant of the Blood Rider Verasus-class cruiser. Only later would analysts correct their first assumptions about the ships. Indeed, the type may have started out as a Verasus, but enough changes and differences have been seen in the design that it has been re-designated as a separate type.
The Tyrannastar started out most likely as a Verasus outfitted with the jaw and laser assembly off a Kittani Warshark submarine in place of the Battleram bay, as a means of facilitating boarding attacks, effectively making the cruiser over into an oversized boarding shuttle or attack transport. However, other modifications followed, including the addition of several robotic armatures and relocated weapons mounts. Extra jamming, improved stealth, a more powerful forcefield system, and the ability to perform pinpoint acceleration and braking maneuvers, add to the effectiveness of the ship in closing with a target. The Tyrannastar carries extra shuttles in its bay; the thinking being that the extra shuttles can be used to convey additional boarding teams around the hull of an enemy vessel to take out vulnerable systems(communications, weapons, propulsion) and start ‘flanking’ entry points through other parts of the ship/structure, dividing the defenders’ attention. The cost of these changes is that the Tyrannastar is slightly slower than its Verasus cousins and less capable of engaging multiple capital units.
Tyrannastars tend to operate as part of small battlegroups, the other vessels typically wearing down an opponent and keeping it pinned in place while the Tyrannastars calculate ideal micro-jump coordinates and wait for the best opportunity to strike. They will then suddenly drive-jump to point-blank range, then ram and breach the enemy’s hull, unleashing a horde of boarding troops.
Since their introduction, Tyrannastars have quickly acquired a reputation of being particularly feared among the Shemarrian Star Nation’s warships. Being paid a visit by one of these vessels means that the victims have attracted the interest of the Lost Eclipse. If a captured crew is lucky, they’ll be turned over to another Tribe like the Sapphire Cobras for ‘re-indoctrination’ or simply marooned on some backwaters planet, far off the trafficked star lanes. If not, they’re likely to not ever be seen again in any state of sanity.
Interestingly, though the Dark Waters Tribe evinced no interest in the initial offering of the Verasus, they have reportedly become interested in acquiring the full plans for the Tyrannastar.

Type: ESheMar-CL09Le Tyrannastar
Class: Light Cruiser
Crew: 200, but can be easily run by 30 crewmembers(Shemarrians are more efficient than organic crews).
Troop Complement: 160 troops plus 80 Warmounts(or 320 infantry if no Warmounts are carried).
Prisoner Capacity: 200 in stasis cells
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 50,000
Bridge 13,000
Main Engines (4, rear 1/4 of the ship) 12,000 each
Hangar Bay 13,000
Jaw Assembly(1) 2,000
Claw Assemblies(6) 900 each
Main Laser Cannon(4) 1,200 each
G-Cannon Turrets(4) 800 each
Secondary Laser Cannons(4) 800 each
Cruise Missile Batteries(2) 1,000 each
Long Range Missile Launchers (4) 1,000 each
Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(10) 160 each
Plasma Cannons(12) 150 each
Mini-Missile Launchers(8 ) 100 each
Tractor Beam Turrets(4) 800 each
Variable Forcefield 6,000 per side, 36,000 total
Height: 120 ft
Width: 400 ft
Length: 600 ft
Weight: 180,000 tons
Cargo: 10,000 tons
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 50 year energy life
Speed:
(Atmosphere) Hover to Mach 3; transatmospheric.
(Sublight) Mach 11.5
(Kitsune Values: 60% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1.15% of light speed per melee)
(FTL) 6 light years per hour
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Unique to the Shemarrians and not for sale. If made available, a fully-equipped and functional Verasus might bring 4 billion credits or more.
Systems of Note:
Standard Starship Systems, plus:
*Sensor Baffling----The Shemar ships can partially mask their sensor spoor, making themselves difficult to detect at long range. This acts as Stealth(-70% to detect while stationary, -30% when moving)

*EW Jamming Systems---In combat, the Shemarrian vessel will attempt to use its electronic warfare suite to confuse enemy sensors as to the ship’s exact position and activity. Communications Jamming has a 10,000 mile range, is 98% effective against civilian systems, and is 75% effective against more sophisticated channel-jumping military communications suites. Missiles and sensor-guided weapons are -6 to strike.

*Tractor Beams(4)---- The Tyrannastar sports four tractor beams, used primarily for grappling with target vessels. The heavy tractor beams are each rated for 50,000 tons and can be used to tow small starships.
Range: 5 miles in space(NOT usable in atmosphere)
(Kitsune Values: 5,000 miles in space).

*Micro-Jumping---The Tyrannastar is one of a growing number of EShemar vessels specially engineered to be able to perform micro-jumps; sudden and short bursts of FTL speed meant to bring the vessel within pointblank range of an enemy vessel, then instantly accelerate or brake to match speeds, the better to hammer the enemy more accurately and/or bring down their shields by other means other than pure firepower attrition. This is a hellishly difficult tactic that requires extreme accuracy, fast reflexes on the part of the Jumping crew, and precise data on the target vessel or structure; a miscalculation, or flawed target data, can set the Jumping vessel off course and out of position, easy prey for the defenders’ guns, or put the two vessels in the same space, with catastrophic results. Using long range scans to glean data on a target’s position, shield strength and coverage, and their speed and heading is problematic in that the distance between scanner and target is hampered by signal lag. Sensor jamming and stealth systems on the part of the target can further degrade the data, and jeopardize the success of a tactical micro-jump.
Micro-jumping tactically in this manner works best if the Jumper has ‘spotters’ already in place, close enough to keep scan-lag to a minimum, that can constant stream data via FTL link to the Jumping vessel immediately prior to the latter making ts move. The most ideal circumstances under which this might take place or in a battle action, where several friendly warships surrounding a target vessel can effectively draw the target’s attention, and incidentally create a navigation ‘grid’ around the enemy, allowing the jumper to appear suddenly on an unprotected side. The other ‘perfect’ situation is having an enemy vessel shadowed by stealth scouts, that can then case the target for a surprise attack.
In a successful micro-jump attack, regardless of whether the Jumper has special attacks(like shield-breaking technology), the attacking vessel will have the Initiative for one melee.

Weapons Systems:
1) Jaw/Melee Attack---The Tyrannastar is one of a relative handful of starships that can engage (and regularly) in MELEE combat. The heavily blister-armored head features what was originally the jaw assembly off a Kittani Mk 4 War Shark Submarine, mounted in place of the Warshield’s Battleram launch bay, but the Nightmares also added six large grappling arms each equipped with plasma cutters and sealant sprayers, to further dig the ramming warship into its target and secure its lock-on. Once the ship has grappled and bit into an enemy vessel, the lasers melt a way in, and also provide a ‘wall of light’ against enemy counter-boarding. Quicksetting plasticrete can be sprayed around the incursion zone to further airseal it, if enemy personnel are wanted alive, against the compromise of internal life support. The grappling arms provide further support, and can be used to destroy hull-side defenses. The troops can then rampage at will, flooding the enemy vessel with hostile troops, war gases, and other incapacitants. In retreat, the ship can spray quick-release chemicals that unzip the plasticrete seal, and the grappling arms can tear the ship free.
Range: (Jaws) Melee
(Lasers) 500 ft in atmosphere, 1,000 ft in space
(Kitsune Values: 500 ft in atmosphere, 5,000 ft in space)
(Claws) Each claw arm has a 200 ft extension reach
(Plasma Cutters) 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 8,000 ft in space
(Kitsune Values: 4,000 ft in atmosphere, 40,000 ft/7.5 miles in space)
(Sealant Sprayers) 600 ft, and each blast covers a 100 ft area.
Damage: (Jaws) 2d6x100 MD per bite
(Lasers) 4d6x100 MD per synchronized blast
(Claws) Tear/pry 3d6x10 MD
Punch 5d6x10 MD
(Plasma Cutters) 2d6x10 MD per blast
(Sealant Sprayers) None per say, but the quick-setting material is similar to Naruni Capture Foam, and can be sprayed on enemy personnel and machinery to stop them in place, or at least greatly inconvenience them.
Rate of Fire: (Jaws) Once per melee
(Lasers) 3 times per melee
(Claws) EGCHH
(Plasma Cutters) EGCHH
(Sealant Sprayers)EGCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited for the lasers and plasma cutters.
Each sealant sprayer has 50 tons of sealant glop ready to deploy.

2) Main Laser Cannon(4)---A holdover from the original Warshield, these weapons are mainly used for engaging capital units and pinpoint surface bombardment. FOUR turrets are mounted instead of two, and the turrets have been remounted from the nose to positions further aft on the wider engine nacelles, allowing them to remain in operation even with the front hull pushed into the flank of an enemy ship or spacestation.
Range: 30 miles in atmosphere, 100 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 30 miles in atmosphere, 30,000 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x1,000 MD per single blast
Rate of Fire: 2 shots per melee
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

3) G-Cannon Turrets(4) ---A holdover from the original Warshield, but the Lost Eclispe has installed heavier double-barreled weapons, effectively DOUBLING the firepower. These cannon are used to sandblast enemy fighters and defenses with a kinetic pummeling that can tax even variable force screens. The Lost Eclipse have also been known to take a page from the Skullcrushers’ warbook and have been experimenting with specialized ammunition types; on one occasion a Lost Eclipse Tyrannastar was known to have visited a Radiant Edge-managed world and acquired radioactive material to lace its cannon ammunition, which was used to good effect against both Demonstars and Necron vessels.
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 16,000 miles in space)
Damage: 2d4x100 MD per burst per single barrel, 4d4x100 MD per dual burst
Rate of Fire: EGCHH(4-6)
Payload: 2,000 bursts per cannon. Additional drums can be brought up from cargo and reloaded; process takes 20 minutes)

4) Cruise Missile Launchers(2)----The Tyrannastar retains the CMLs of the original design, as a threat against enemy capital units, or to deliver a parting coup de grace after a boarding action. The ammunition stocks also provide a handy source of demolition charges for the troops.
Range: Varies by Missile Type
(Kitsune Values: 3,400 miles in atmosphere, 1,800,000 miles in space)
Damage: Varies by Missile Type
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-32 each launcher
Payload: 32 each launcher, 64 total. Additional missiles may be stored in the cargo holds and reloaded within 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 6 missiles)

5) Long Range Missile Launchers (4) ---Another weapons system retained from the original Warshield, the LRMLs are used by the Lost Eclipse to deploy a variety of ordnance, including decoys and probes. As with the CMLs, the inventory of missile warheads often provides a convenient source of demolition weapons for boarding teams.
Range: Varies by Missile Type (Long Range)
(Kitsune Values: 3,400 miles in atmosphere, 1,800,000 miles in space)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-32
Payload: 62 missiles per launcher, 248 total. Additional missiles may be carried and loaded from cargo, but will take at least 30 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 12 missiles)

6) Plasma Cannons(12)----In place of the Warshield ‘s original particle beams, the Verasus instead mounts longer-ranged plasma cannons.
Range: 8 miles in atmosphere, 16 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 16 miles in atmosphere, 1,600 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6x10 MD per shot
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively unlimited

In the alternative, the following may be fitted instead:
a)*Neutron Cannon---Some Tyrannostars carry Neutron Cannon, modified versions of reverse-engineered Splugorth/Kittani weapons, ‘improved’ to have an anti-tech capability. These weapons can replace some, or all, of the plasma cannons.
Range: 49,000 ft in atmosphere, 9 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 8.3 miles in atmosphere, 8,300 miles in space)
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per blast.
Rather than do additional damage to organics, these weapons have been modified to create an intense blast of neutrons in a 900 ft radius. On a Natural 16-20, the neutron flux will cause inadequately shielded fisison powerplants to overheat, causing a partial meltdown or force an emergency shutdown by the safety systems, disrupting their power. Fission warheads will be rendered inert(and on a Natural 20 will prematurely go critical, suffering an additional 2d10x10 MD, destroying their casing, and likely spreading radioactive materials around).
Rate of Fire: EGCHH

b)*Ion Cannon---(EM stats courtesy of Henning Rogge) These are high-powered ion cannons, used to incapacitate enemy vessels by knocking out their electrical systems, making them vulnerable to boarding and capture. These weapons can replace some, or all, of the plasma cannons.
Range: 5 miles in atmosphere, 10 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 5 miles in atmosphere/ 5,000 miles in space)
Damage:(Special) 3d6x100 MD per blast, 6d6x100 MD Dual blast
Shields take 1/4 damage from ion blasts
Does NO PHYSICAL damage to hull, but attacks the electrical systems:
For every 10% of total main body MDC damage inflicted on a target by Ion Cannon fire, the target will be -1 to strike, parry(if applicable), and Dodge. Acceleration will be reduced by 15%.
At 60% or more main body damage from ion blasts, the ship is disabled completely.
Rate of Fire:Once per melee
Payload:Effectively unlimited

7) Point Defense Rail Gun/Laser Turrets(8 )---Standard Shemarrian-pattern rail gun/pulse laser combination in a common turret. These replace the Warshield’s Gravity Autocannon Turrets in the point defense role. Those turrets in the prow can be covered by heavy armor blisters, protecting them during ramming attacks(and allowing them to be unheathed afterwards to wreak havoc INSIDE an enemy space structure).
Range: (Rail Gun) 2 miles in atmosphere, 4 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
(Laser) 1 mile in atmosphere, 3 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 3 miles in atmosphere, 300 miles in space)
Damage: (Rail Gun)4D6x10 M.D. per blast
(Laser) 3D6x10 M.D. per blast
Rate of Fire: (Rail Gun)EGCHH(4-6)
(Laser) EGCHH (4-6)
Payload: (Rail Gun) 2,000 rd drum. Additional ammunition can be stored as cargo, but will take 45 minutes to reload from stores.
(Laser) Effectively Unlimited

8 ) Mini-Missile Launchers(8 )---These remain unchanged from the original Warshield configuration. For some reason, probably related to the ‘fire and forget’ nature of missiles as opposed to direct fire weapons such as lasers and rail guns, the gunners assigned to these PDS turrets are generally regarded less well for their gunnery skills as those operating the rail gun/laser turrets, and their ammunition consumption more acutely watched and evaluated. This has forced many Blood Rider gunners assigned to the MMLs to become even more studied in ballistics with regards to ‘trick-shooting’ with mini-missiles, and attempt to gain more kills than the other PDS gunners.
(Kitsune) 2 miles in atmosphere/ 100 miles in space
(Palladium) Atmospheric Range x 4
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-8 missiles
Payload: 128 missiles per launcher. Reloading a turret from the cargo hold takes 1d6 minutes(1 ton of cargo per 96 missiles)

9) Shield Neutralization----By bringing its own forcefields into direct contact with another ship’s, the Tyrannostar can neutralize their shields if the attack ship’s shield MDC on the point on contact is greater than that of the target’s. Variable forcefields are best for this, as it allows the attacker(s) to shift shield strength to the attacking side facing the target, especially if there are several attackers who can surround the target. If the attacker(s) have numerical superiority and/or local space control, they can devote full shield strength to the attack, without worrying about covering their other shield sectors. In the case of multiple attackers, the target must split shield strength to cover its own defensive arcs or prioritize which is the more immediate threat; for this reason multiple attackers will attempt to strike at different points, to draw off shield power.
If the target is large enough, multiple Tyrannostars can attack the same sector of an enemy, their combined shield MDC acting as one attack.

Auxiliary Craft:
12 Aerospace Fighters
6 Scarab Assault Shuttles

Options:

*Fission Quelcher---A rumored device that is said to stop runaway nuclear reactions. Though it doesn’t work through forceshielding, the device is said to have a range of 10 miles, and can stop high energy neutron flux in its tracks, squelching fission-style nuclear weapons. The Lost Eclipse reportedly has developed this device as a means of preventing suicide-by-nuke in target vessels.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Doing some wikia updating: Infectus, Gremwrencher and Burn-Bleeder uploaded.
Is there any post Civil War info for Ava?? And there any other info on the other ARK-02 originally posted by nil_leonard found here: viewtopic.php?p=2474667#p2474667 ??
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Doing some wikia updating: Infectus, Gremwrencher and Burn-Bleeder uploaded.
Is there any post Civil War info for Ava?? And there any other info on the other ARK-02 originally posted by nil_leonard found here: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/v ... 7#p2474667 ??

Haven't done anything post-SCW for Ava except that she likely gets an upgraded regeneration system and acquires even more of a following(maybe have her appear spontaneously at the Reconciliation conferences handing out cookies?).

There will probably be plenty of rumors of 'dark queens' circulating around for years, if not decades, post-SCW, any of which could be ARKs(or BlackSteel abominations).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Doing some wikia updating: Infectus, Gremwrencher and Burn-Bleeder uploaded.
Is there any post Civil War info for Ava?? And there any other info on the other ARK-02 originally posted by nil_leonard found here: viewtopic.php?p=2474667#p2474667 ??

Haven't done anything post-SCW for Ava except that she likely gets an upgraded regeneration system and acquires even more of a following(maybe have her appear spontaneously at the Reconciliation conferences handing out cookies?).

There will probably be plenty of rumors of 'dark queens' circulating around for years, if not decades, post-SCW, any of which could be ARKs(or BlackSteel abominations).

I don't doubt that, I'm sure ARCHIE probably had a good half dozen variations of the ARK running about before the finish of the SCW, and maybe even afterwards. And War Lustresses.. that BlackSteel is tough to beat.
taalismn
Priest

I'll try to see if I can't finish up the War Lustresses while hoping something jars my game mechanic-savvy and punches through the block :frust: on the Hag-riders.

The funny thing would be if, after months of trying to track down and scout out Ava, the EShemar elders wander out of conferences during the Reconciliation meetings and find her feeding the NeShemar.
"Did you invite her?"
"No, I thought you did?"
"How the heck is she even HERE?! U thought this conference was SECRET!"
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I'll try to see if I can't finish up the War Lustresses while hoping something jars my game mechanic-savvy and punches through the block :frust: on the Hag-riders.

What's got you stuck?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:I'll try to see if I can't finish up the War Lustresses while hoping something jars my game mechanic-savvy and punches through the block :frust: on the Hag-riders.

What's got you stuck?

edit-Added Ava commentary to previous post.

The hurdle is how to best effectively/realistically have the Hagrider drill in to get access to a target 'bot's/borg's control systems without having to completely or substantially deplete the target's main body/head MDC(as, ideally, a 'bot's/borg's nervous system is going to be among the better protected parts). Though I imagine things like the cyborg armored cowl could interfere with/negate such attempts. And what bonuses should the possessed target use? I imagine the Hagrider provides APMs, Initiative, and the target PS, and Speed, but PP? Target's, with modifiers?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

What's got you stuck?

edit-Added Ava commentary to previous post.

The hurdle is how to best effectively/realistically have the Hagrider drill in to get access to a target 'bot's/borg's control systems without having to completely or substantially deplete the target's main body/head MDC(as, ideally, a 'bot's/borg's nervous system is going to be among the better protected parts). Though I imagine things like the cyborg armored cowl could interfere with/negate such attempts. And what bonuses should the possessed target use? I imagine the Hagrider provides APMs, Initiative, and the target PS, and Speed, but PP? Target's, with modifiers?

Hmm... well I have an impalement rule from the Spriggan:
Impalement - When the Spriggan stabs with the lance, or when planted in the ground, and the opponent fails to dodge (by more than 5) there is a 50% chance the target is impaled. Impaled opponents can't move, unless removed from the lance, or beat a Strength check (roll 1d20 and add bonus damage from P.S. Augmented strength gains +1, Robotic gains +2, Supernatural gains +4 to roll) to move about while still impaled, directing the direction the Spriggan is facing, unless it drops the lance. Takes 2d6 M.D. while still impaled each melee round, suffers -2 to all rolls, loses 1 attack and can't move unless beating the Strength check. The Spriggan holding the lance gains a +2 to strike the impaled target with any ranged weapons. If the target is less than 5 feet in length, there is a 75% chance the tip of the lance punches through and sticks out the other end of the target.

So what if we use a modified version of this.. The Hagrider's tool deals only 1d4 MD or something like that.. make an attack and give a chance to "impale" but in this case it's just "breaching" the armour. If it successfully grappled the target with an attack before give the target a penalty to dodge the attack. Armoured cowls would either require a second successful impale/breach attack.. or less the chance of a breach.

As for the possession.. well why not a plain old save vs possession? as that's basically what it's doing. Only no bonuses for being a cyborg.. give it a penalty for how much the target is cyberized.. -1 for 1/4, -2 for half, -3 for 3/4 and -4 for full conversion.
Now.. bonuses for once possessed.. I'd say use only bonuses from the possessed equipment/cybernetics plus half or all the Hagrider's bonuses.. Maybe a slightly higher bonus to perception as the Hagrider can look in other directions from the possessed its riding. A small penalty to bonuses for how much the target is not cyberized.. so a possessed full conversion doesn't suffer penalties to attacks or the like, but 1/2 conversion would add penalties to speed, attack, dodge, etc as the Hagrider has to fight/hijack and monitor the biological components at the same time.

Off the top of my head.

Also uploaded Simba, Fiery Wing Swarm, Clan Megalilith enclave Kuragow, Ava.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[q
Impalement - When the Spriggan stabs with the lance, or when planted in the ground, and the opponent fails to dodge (by more than 5) there is a 50% chance the target is impaled. Impaled opponents can't move, unless removed from the lance, or beat a Strength check (roll 1d20 and add bonus damage from P.S. Augmented strength gains +1, Robotic gains +2, Supernatural gains +4 to roll) to move about while still impaled, directing the direction the Spriggan is facing, unless it drops the lance. Takes 2d6 M.D. while still impaled each melee round, suffers -2 to all rolls, loses 1 attack and can't move unless beating the Strength check. The Spriggan holding the lance gains a +2 to strike the impaled target with any ranged weapons. If the target is less than 5 feet in length, there is a 75% chance the tip of the lance punches through and sticks out the other end of the target.

So what if we use a modified version of this.. The Hagrider's tool deals only 1d4 MD or something like that.. make an attack and give a chance to "impale" but in this case it's just "breaching" the armour. If it successfully grappled the target with an attack before give the target a penalty to dodge the attack. Armoured cowls would either require a second successful impale/breach attack.. or less the chance of a breach.

As for the possession.. well why not a plain old save vs possession? as that's basically what it's doing. Only no bonuses for being a cyborg.. give it a penalty for how much the target is cyberized.. -1 for 1/4, -2 for half, -3 for 3/4 and -4 for full conversion.
Now.. bonuses for once possessed.. I'd say use only bonuses from the possessed equipment/cybernetics plus half or all the Hagrider's bonuses.. Maybe a slightly higher bonus to perception as the Hagrider can look in other directions from the possessed its riding. A small penalty to bonuses for how much the target is not cyberized.. so a possessed full conversion doesn't suffer penalties to attacks or the like, but 1/2 conversion would add penalties to speed, attack, dodge, etc as the Hagrider has to fight/hijack and monitor the biological components at the same time.

Off the top of my head..

Actually that's pretty good off the cuff....
I'll see if I can't hammer and mold it to fit the Hag-Rider(the way Merlin engines were fitted into Spitfires...contrary to popular belief, Merlin engines in WW2 had 'fitters' who teased the engines into meshing with their airframes...British industrial standards of the time were rather loose, and it was understood that aircraft upon assembly would take some 'settling' under the hands of mechanics who knew how much they could tweak the engines to fit...making each Spitfire practically handbuilt. When the Americans had trouble reproducing Merlins under license, the British assumed it was because the specifications were too sophisticated for the American factories...in fact it was the opposite; American industry was used to far more exacting standards, and the schematics provided them were utterly lacking in the uber-precise measurements they wanted for straight-to-machining and swap-out-plug-in mass production. Once more accurate plans were set and drawn up, American-made Merlins began dropping into P-51s and other aircraft. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[q

Off the top of my head..

Actually that's pretty good off the cuff....
I'll see if I can't hammer and mold it to fit the Hag-Rider(the way Merlin engines were fitted into Spitfires...contrary to popular belief, Merlin engines in WW2 had 'fitters' who teased the engines into meshing with their airframes...British industrial standards of the time were rather loose, and it was understood that aircraft upon assembly would take some 'settling' under the hands of mechanics who knew how much they could tweak the engines to fit...making each Spitfire practically handbuilt. When the Americans had trouble reproducing Merlins under license, the British assumed it was because the specifications were too sophisticated for the American factories...in fact it was the opposite; American industry was used to far more exacting standards, and the schematics provided them were utterly lacking in the uber-precise measurements they wanted for straight-to-machining and swap-out-plug-in mass production. Once more accurate plans were set and drawn up, American-made Merlins began dropping into P-51s and other aircraft. :D

Glad I could help. That's what we're here for, right? Come up with new stuff and help others with their stuff. If I and other didn't come up ideas, would the EShemarrians really be this far along?

That I didn't know exactly. Although I had heard stories from post WW2 of when some british engineers or something visited Avro (which I live in the town/city/area where they Avro was built) and he was shocked at just how fast things got done. Like when there was a problem on the production floor and they sent request to get stuff done. He was surprised how fast it went up the chain, got looked at, then sent back down to have a new part designed and fitted. In Britain the same problem would take days to weeks.
taalismn
Priest

That I didn't know exactly. Although I had heard stories from post WW2 of when some british engineers or something visited Avro (which I live in the town/city/area where they Avro was built) and he was shocked at just how fast things got done. Like when there was a problem on the production floor and they sent request to get stuff done. He was surprised how fast it went up the chain, got looked at, then sent back down to have a new part designed and fitted. In Britain the same problem would take days to weeks.

The air museum near where I live has a good used book selection in their gift shop...a lot of cheap aviation history magazines. You can pick up odd and interesting tidbits and slices of history from materials like that....Given that I live between several Pratt and Whitney towns, a lot of aviation history stuff also shows up at the local library book sales...donated pieces of people's personal book collections and garage cleanings...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

The air museum near where I live has a good used book selection in their gift shop...a lot of cheap aviation history magazines. You can pick up odd and interesting tidbits and slices of history from materials like that....Given that I live between several Pratt and Whitney towns, a lot of aviation history stuff also shows up at the local library book sales...donated pieces of people's personal book collections and garage cleanings...

I can imagine. I just wish my Step-Grandma hadn't gotten rid of my Grandpa's stuff. He had quite a bit from his days as ground crew chief during and after the war. We were lucky to still have had a part for a lancaster that was donated to the last canadian flying lancaster.

Speaking of war.. I'm coming up with some heavy starship weapons our favourite overkill fringe tribe will roll out eventually.
taalismn
Priest

Excellent...Space Power!!!! :bandit: :angel:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Something ...forgive the pun...light, to tide me over until things more intense....

Teslites---Shemarrian E-Animal

“....so much for sneaking in under the cover of darkness....”

“I suspect the Shemarrians really wanted just a flashlight that would follow them if they accidentally dropped it.”

Teslites are odd-little robotic drones originally created by the Darkwaters, supposedly to assist them in underwater work, but other sources claim the EShemar developed them from knicknacks found inside an abandoned underwater resort dome. Whatever their origin, teslites have become fairly unbiquitous around Darkwater facilities. .
Teslites resemble small handheld flashlights with swiveling heads, and bodies that split into three articulated insect-like legs. A flagellum tail can also be fitted, allowing the device-animal to swim freely.
Teslites are powered by small, but powerful, internal battery cells that are powered by induction contact with larger EShemar, Warmounts, and e-plants. This battery life limits their range, and teslites are never found far from other EShemar.
Teslites serve as mobile point light-sources, but deployed in large numbers(as they frequently are) they can serve as tripwire watch animals, suddenly lighting up in response to the presence of intruders. They can also clamper onto intruders, tagging them with light. They cannot fight as such, but they can ‘tag’ enemies and illuminate battlegrounds in their small way.
Though originally developed by the Darkwaters, teslites have begun appearing with other Tribes as well, most notably the Wayfinders, Horrorwoods, Steel Gaians, Clan Vespa, and Clan Motron.

Type: EcoS-KRP Teslite
Class: Robotic Animal
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 4
Legs(3) 1 each
Height: 4 inches
Width: 2 inches
Length: 2 inches
Weight: .2 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 1
Powerplant: Battery, with 5 month energy life, Can draw power from other induction-contact-equiped hardware.
Speed: (Running) 6 MPH
(Jumping) Can manage a 6 ft up/across standing jump.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Fully waterproofed; can crawl along the bottom at 3 MPH, or swim at 5 MPH. Maximum depth of 3,000 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
*Basic and Low-light Optics
*Headlight---Normal and IR, range of 30 ft
*Radio---Short range, about 1,000 ft, but groups of teslites can serve as relays.
*Clinger Legs---The teslite can cling to just about any material like an insect.

Weapons Systems: None(see Options)

Programming:
Teslites are not terribly intelligent or skilled; they know just enough how to get around and not blunder stupidly into the path of oncoming vehicles or fall off cliffs.
Land/Water Navigation 88%
Prowl 85%
Detect Ambush 50%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 3
Initiative +1
Dodge +2
Strike +2 w/ light beam
Roll +2

Options:
*Molecular Sensor Chip---Teslites can be upgraded with up to 8 chips giving them the ability to sense 8 separate odors/chemical traces. Teslites will often signal detection hits by changing the color of their lights.

*Sonar Chip---Echo-location system with a 300 ft range

*Laser Chip---This acts as both communications laser and lidar, with a range of 600 ft.

*Laser---The teslite can fire a single short range laser that does 1d4 MD and has a range of 50 ft. This is a one-shot attack.
In the alternative, the teslite can fire a laser pulse that does 2d4 MD and has a range of 500 ft, but the thermal buildup destroys the e-animal.

Variants:
*’Sparklit’---The Wayfinders have figured out how to imbue Teslites with a tiny bit of Ecotroz essence....no more than a spark, that gives the tiny constructs a single point(1) of PPE, and allows them to show up like insect life. More to the point, Sparklits now have ‘ghostlight’ lenses in their flashlight heads, that cause beings that are mystically invisible to fluoresce quite nicely, making them show up, even 1d4 melees after lightbeam contact is broken.
Also, Sparklits can drive back vampires as if they were marked with the cross sign. As few as five Sparklit can drive back a feral vampire, 10 or more a secondary vampire. Master vampires are unfazed by the lightbeam attack of a Sparklit , no matter how many there are, though they do find them annoying.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

AWESOME! Pretty much how I imagined it!

I'm currently working on a Horrorwoods male elite based on the Preserver frame (kind of like the Blood Rider's Vulcar).
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

I'm currently working on a Horrorwoods male elite based on the Preserver frame (kind of like the Blood Rider's Vulcar).

I still got to get to work on the Horrorwoods and Silvermoon Warchief/Wargoddess Upgrades. :-D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

I still got to get to work on the Horrorwoods and Silvermoon Warchief/Wargoddess Upgrades. :-D

Then we've got the Wolf's Path.. Ghost Riders.. Lost Eclipse.. Saphire Cobras.. Wayfinders..
taalismn
Priest

Sapphire Cobra WarGoddess, I figure, would involve lots of snake appendages...or maybe just a bigger lower snake body, like a super-naga.
Lost Eclipse we arguably already have in the big floating monster-lady.
Wayfinders I don't think would have a set Wargoddess Upgrade...just LOTS of TW power sources and modifications.
Darkwaters just might tie their Wargoddesses into the command nexus of a submarine or battleship(or tie on a starship grade energy weapon).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Sapphire Cobra WarGoddess, I figure, would involve lots of snake appendages...or maybe just a bigger lower snake body, like a super-naga.
Lost Eclipse we arguably already have in the big floating monster-lady.
Wayfinders I don't think would have a set Wargoddess Upgrade...just LOTS of TW power sources and modifications.
Darkwaters just might tie their Wargoddesses into the command nexus of a submarine or battleship(or tie on a starship grade energy weapon).

Maybe the Darkwaters can merge with a star fighter.. similar to the NGR cyborgs.. only.. better? This would give the wargoddess power surpassing many elites and warmounts. Hell, it'd MAKE the wargoddess a starfighter, just with the ability to walk around regular folks.. and make the starfighter remote controllable as well..
taalismn
Priest

Maybe the Darkwaters can merge with a star fighter.. similar to the NGR cyborgs.. only.. better? This would give the wargoddess power surpassing many elites and warmounts. Hell, it'd MAKE the wargoddess a starfighter, just with the ability to walk around regular folks.. and make the starfighter remote controllable as well..

Well, I DO have a Hawkmoon 'icon warrior' that pretty much embodies the whole avian/aviation bent of the Tribe. :D :angel:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Well, I DO have a Hawkmoon 'icon warrior' that pretty much embodies the whole avian/aviation bent of the Tribe. :D :angel:

I want to see this.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Horrorwoods get an elite finally (unless I'm missing one somewhere).

Entkin Male Elite
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp16 ... 7kfemu.jpg

"These border patrols are almost as bad Tolkeen was." Sgt Cole said as he took the EMR from the younger soldier.
"What do you mean?"
"These Shemarrians used to just shoot you, stab you up close or their cyberbeasts would eat you. Now.. Now there are ones that look like trees, small volcanoes, grassy hills with trees and some that are just monsters themselves."
"So, what will we find here?" The younger soldier asked as he looked around as he reached for his rifle.
"I think just trees and hills, and all kinds of critters. And they are a little more likely to take prisoners here, especially if you don't hurt anything furry or any plants."

The Entkin is a Horrorwood male elite, based on the Preserver, with a far greater blending of organic and machine. While the Preserver was designed to disguise itself as a tree, the Entkin is a bit shorter and thicker, covered in bark areas similar to the Preserver, moss and grass allowing it to get on all fours or sit lean forward to look like a small hill or moss covered fallen tree and dirt. On its back are two thin tree like structures, with broad leaves. This allows it to blend in in forests, grassy clearings and similar areas.
The bark areas are grown right on the metal superstructure, seamlessly blending, and appears to be an artificially grown version of iron wood, allowing it to be as strong as MDC metal while staying light. The added advantage is this organic skin regenerates damage without tapping into the Entkin's nanite repair system stores. This was a breakthrough for the Horrorwoods after their successful deployment of the Vine Missiles. The grass and moss is partly artificially grown, but once it starts growing, and with the Entkin sitting in the wild, it grows wild and mixes with the local moss types, adding greatly to its ability to hide The grass also acts as part of its motion detection system. This bark also acts as a means of masking the Entkin from thermal sensors and also reduces its magnetic and electronic signatures.
The two 'trees' on its back are part sensor array, jammers and solar collectors. As solar collectors, they provide a boost to the eye lasers on sunny days, and helps keep the organic components healthy.
While the Entkin is shorter, and a bit weaker than its Preserver predecessor, and Blood Rider Vulcar kin, it is lighter, faster and more maneuverable, and has a number of unique abilities that set it apart. When the Entkin enters battle, it can grow additional bark armour, which does slow it down, but allows it to soak up a significant amount of damage. This additional armour can be shed and used as barricades or shields by fellow Shemarrian warriors. When combat is over, the bark armour can be easily shed to aid in repairs of buildings, or added to armouries of enclaves. The bark armour can be broken down and reabsorbed by the Entkin, but takes a bit of time. The bark will break down, but takes about 20 years if just left outside.
Offensively, the Entkin is armed with the eye lasers common to many Shemarrians, each arm only carries one 6000 railgun instead of two. The chest plasma emitters are replaced with heavy ion blasters. Under the shoulder plates are mini missile launchers, loaded with either vine missiles, armour piercing or plasma. Each arm is also equipped with a thick vine-like tentacle that is retractable, allowing it to entangle foes for capture, or throw them or objects around. Around the waist and lower back a number of pods grow that the Entkin uses as grenades to various effects, such as explosive, vine-missile grenade equivalents, corrosive, smoke or CS gas and other effects.

Type: EShemar Entkin Male Elite
Class: Robot Android
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence 
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands (2) 110 each
Arms (2) 320 each
Forearm Mounted Rail Guns (2) 320
Legs (2) 820 each
Head (reinforced) 420
Antennae (2) 25 each 
Main Body 1000
Vine Tentacles (2) 250 each
Tree Antennas (2) 75 each 

Height: 28 feet 
Width: 17 feet
Length: 17 feet 
Weight: 35 tons
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to IQ 15, Robotic PS. 45, PP. 28, PB 10.
Cargo: Only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 100 MPH
Jumping: Limited to 35 ft up/across, while a running leap in excess of 40 MPH adds an extra 35 ft to distance. 
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 5 MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile. 
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus: 
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual. 

*Radar--Both passive radiation detection and active scanning (40 mile range)

*Motion Detector - The Tree antennas and artificial grass act as powerful motion detectors, with an effective range of 800 feet. While curled up on the ground and not moving, the range extends to 1000 feet.

*Seismic Sensors---Between special microphones in its feet and tail, the Saurotron can pick up on ground vibrations of moving water, explosions, and heavy movement(masses of animals, vehicles, landslides), up to 2 miles away. 

*Regeneration - The Entkin is able to regenerate damage at a rate of 1d6 MD per 5 minutes, however this regeneration can`t replace destroyed components, missing weapons or limbs. If the Entkin loses more than 50% of its main body MDC, this regeneration stops until repairs are made. This regeneration works in conjunction with its Cybernanite Repair system, buth for minor damage, the Entkin can save the repair system and let its own regeneration system repair itself.

*Active Stealth Systems---These are active jamming systems that, while effective, run the risk of exposing the Elite simply by their activity; a technologically-savvy opponent will recognize the signs of jamming, and know something has to be doing it.
- ECM Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Elite. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 5 mile radius (-3 to strike), providing protective coverage to other friendly units in its area.
-Jammer-----A radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius. 

*EM Sensors---The Entkin can detect and ‘see’ electromagnetic-spectrum emissions, such as radio and radar signals.

*Stealth - The Entkin`s organic grass and bark outer layer helps shield it against thermal and EM sensors, -75% to detect via thermal sensors, -60% via EM sensors, but even then the EM sensors will read more as bio-electric readings, like a large animal.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Deployable Bark Armour - Using a modified plant bundles similar to these found in vine missiles, the Entkin can grow applique armor of heavy ironwood like bark. It can increase the MDC per location by up to 100%, but for every 25% of increased MDC, increase the weight by 20%, and decrease speed by 10%. For every 25% of added MDC, the Entkin is also -1 to Dodge, and -1 to Initiative rolls. Damage to this bark armour can be regenerated by the Entkin`s Regeneration ability, healing 1d6 MD per 5 minutes as long as there is still 10% of the deployable bark armour left. The bark armour lasts as long as required, effectively indefinitely. The Entkin can use this ability 10 times completely regenerating the bark armour before the plant bundles and nanite systems become too strained and drained, per day.
Alternatively, Entkin can create slabs of bark plating that can be used to set up barricades or as shields for fellow warriors. These slabs can be either created purposely, or by shedding the bark armour after finishing combat when deploying full armour. These pieces are usually about 4 to 8 feet tall by 4 to 8 feet wide, about 2 inches thick, and will have 40+3d10 MDC each. To be used as a shield, a handle or straps will need to be attached, however due to the semi-metallic nature a simple magnet can be attached to have it attach to the arm of a warrior. These shields or wood slabs will last about 20 years if not treated with nutrient laced water and sunlight every few months to remain healthy, however can not regenerate damage on their own.

Weapons Systems:
1) Forearm 6000 Rail Guns (2)---The Entkin contains only half of the Preserver’s forearm braces of rail guns, but has a larger ammunition supply, which can be divided up to 3 different types, allowing it to carry a mixture of ammunition from regular, wood or silver.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per single blast, or 4d6x10 MD double blast if both arms are firing at the same target.
Payload: 480 rds each, can be divided into 3 separate bins for 3 different types of ammunition of up to 160 rds each, typically a mix of regular, wood and silver.

2) Chest-Mounted Ion Cannon Arrays (2)---Concealed in the chest behind pectoral plates, these three-barreled ion projectors fire with an effect that looks like lightning bolts. 
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, 9d6 MD for a three-shot burst
Can also fire in scatter-shot mode, doing 3d6 MD per barrel to a 20 ft wide area, but range is HALVED. 

3) Shoulder Missile Launchers (2)---Concealed in the large shoulder epaulets are missile launchers.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-6
Payload: 6 mini-missiles or 3 short range missiles per shoulder, usually at least 2 are vine missiles.

4) Eye Lasers(2)----The eyes conceal powerful lasers.
Range: 2,000 ft in atmosphere, 4,000 ft in space
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
Extra: The eye lasers can strobe at lower power to produce a deliberately blinding area of effect.
Range: 100 ft and covers a 25 ft area
Damage: Unless the victim(s) are wearing tinted goggles or other protection against bright light, they will be blinded(-10 to strke, parry, dodge, and roll) for 1 melee round after being hit. Duration can be extended by 7 seconds (half a melee) for every subsequent melee that the target is kept bombarded by the strobe attack until their eyes manage to adjust. 
The Tree solar collectors can boost the power of the eye lasers. If fighting in broad daylight without any sort of shade impeding light intake, the lasers get an extra +2 to damage. If the solar array has time to absorb solar energy prior to combat, the lasers get an extra +6 MD to damage for every hour of solar absorption, for the first minute of combat, or get an extra minute of increased damage (at the +2 level) per hour of prior charge-up. 

5) Vine Tentacles - The Entkin has two powerful retractable
Range: Melee, up to 75 ft away.
Damage: Arm Tentacle Lash 3d6 MD, Power Punch (2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD, Arm Tentacle Crush/Squeeze 6d6 MD.
Digging attack: The Entkin can use its tentacles to dig into the ground and strike a target within 30 feet of it by complete surprise as the target won`t know where the tentacles will appear. Deals 2d6 MD, and the target suffers -6 to Dodge this attack, can`t parry. The Entkin can also use this attack in an attempt to hold a target to the ground completely immobilizing it if it successfully entangles it.
Bonus: +4 to entangle.

6) Pods - The Entkin can grow several pods on its waist and lower back that it can remove and throw as grenade. These pods can have various effects, from explosive, shrapnel, gas, smoke or even corrosive.
Range: Thrown 100 ft.
Damage: Varies by type.
Payload: 10 pods at any given time, a new pod can be grown in 10 minutes.

Explosive Pod - This pod is the equivalent of a grenade and looks like a gourd, like a pumpkin, filled with volatile gases. Deals 4d6 MD to a 20 foot area.
Shrapnel Pod - This spiky pod is filled with volatile gas and sharp metallic needles, particularly deadly to infantry. Deals 3d6 MD to a 30 foot area. Against living, organic targets, these needles creature horrible wounds that continue to bleed, dealing 1d4 damage (SDC to SD creatures, if they survived the initial MD damage, and MD to MDC creatures) for 1d6 melees or until the wounds are treated.
Gas Pod - This pear shaped pod can release any gas, such as CS tear gas, smoke, or even poison gas, that fills a 20 foot area.
Corrosive Pod - This ridged apple shaped pod is filled with a potent acid. Upon striking a target it deals 5d6 MD and 2d6 MD to a 10 foot area around the target struck. The acid will continue to burn the initial target struck 1d6 MD for 1d4 melee rounds.
Sticky Pod - This spongy pod upon striking the ground releases a sticky compound, functioning like the Carpet of Adhesion Spell approximation, (Rifter 53, pg 41), only the Strength ranges are increased by 5.
Napalm Pod - This orange like pod contains a potent napalm, dealing 4d6 MD to a 10 foot area, dealing 2d6 MD for the next 2d4 melee rounds.

7) (False Magic)---Inspired by ARCHIE-3’s Spell Approximation systems, the Entkin can seemingly cast various spells. Rather than use a PPE generator and technowizardry system, most Entkins use technological systems, cunningly formatted to look like magic. 
*Extinguish Flames---With equal panache, the Vulcar can cause flames in its vicinity to go out. In reality, this is nothing more than a concealed fire extinguisher, pumping out a colorless, odorless, inert gas that suffocates combustion. Range of 80 ft, 30 applications.
*Blinding Flash - The eye lasers can strobe to blind targets, requiring a save versus a 17 (PE bonuses apply, other bonuses versus magic do not apply).
*See the Invisible - Using the Entkin`s infrared and ultraviolet optics allow it to see invisible targets.
*Thunderclap: Uses high intensity speakers, effect is identical to those of the 4th level spell.

8 ) (Optional) Handheld Weapons---The Vulcar can pick up and use oversized robot-scaled weapons such as gun pods and heavy weapons if necessary or so desired, though this is not often the case, the giant warriors generally preferring to use their own built-in abilities and weapons. 

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian skill programs, plus: 
Brewing: Medicinal 50%
Carpentry 75%
Dowsing 50%
Gardening 50% or +15% if already possess the skill
General Repair and Maintenance 90%
Holistic Medicine 60%
Trap Construction 85%
Excavation 85%
Masonry 80%
Identify Plants & Fruit 65%
Land Navigation 75%

Plus, Secondary skill advancement as standard for EShemar. 

Experience Table: Upon becoming a Entkin, the EShemar uses the Dragon XP table to chart further advancement

Psionics:
Standard psionics as for the Ecotroz Shemar. 

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative + 3
Dodge +5
Parry +9
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +
Strike + 6 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns) 
Roll +4
Pull Punch +5
Disarm +4
Entangle +4, +8 with vine tentacles
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Karate Kicks are NOT possible
Restrained Punch 2d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 6d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Tear/Pry with Hands 2d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD
Stomp 2d6 MD
Kick 6d8 MD
Leap Kick (2 attacks) 2d6x10 MD

Options: 
*Spiked Armour - The deployable bark armour of the Entkin also grows spikes, adding +1d6 MD to punches, kicks and unarmed melee attacks. Anyone striking the Entkin while its bark armour deployed with a punch or similar attack will suffer 1d6 MD. Anyone grappling the Entkin will suffer 2d4 points of MD per melee.

*Spiked Tentacles - The retractable vine tentacles have retractable spikes, adding 1d6 MD to all vine tentacle attacks.

*(False Magic) Quicksand----This is really an application of an invisible focused sonic beam that vibrates the surface layers of soil and causes a ‘liquification’ effect similar to that seen during earthquakes. This causes the top 12+2d6 inches or so of soil (cannot be pavement or packed rock) to assume a mud-like state that cannot support weight.
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 30 ft square area
Damage: Victims sink into the softened earth...Reduce Speed and bonuses to dodge by HALF. 
Rate of Fire: The affected area maintains its liquid state for only as long as the sonic beam is directed on it. 

*(False Magic) Rust---This is simply the application of specialized nanites that break apart metal, same as the metal-dissolver nanites used in Japan. 
Range: 100 ft, and affects a 10 ft square area
Damage: Reduces the MDC of metal-based body armors and light power armors by HALF, heavy power armors and light vehicles by 30%, and heavy robots and vehicles by 10%. Damage takes 4 melees/1 minute, and is obvious by acute discoloration and flaking of the armor. Other effects identical to those of the Japanese nanites(which they were probably based on to begin with). 
Payload: 40 applications 

*(False Magic) Light Healing - Using a combination of IRMSS, RMK and other nanites, the Entkin can place its hand on a living wounded target and spend a melee round healing the target. The IRMSS and RMK gives the Entkin a medical doctor`s surgical skill of 75% and can heal 1d4 SDC/HP. Carries enough nanites to heal 20 times before requiring replenishing.

*(False Magic) Call Lightning - The Entkin carries a stealth robot drone on its back with a chameleon skin and equipped with a potent ion weapon for its small size. The Entkin will try and launch the drone before combat starts when it detect the intruders or if it manages to temporarily blind the targets with its eye laser blinding flash ability. The drone will loiter within a 500 foot area around the Entkin and will fire its ion blaster at a target designated by the Entkin, with the target suffering a -2 to dodge from the unexpected attack. The drone has a prowl of 80% due to the quiet anti-gravity drive and directional thrusters combined with the chameleon skin. It has 10 MDC, the ion blaster deals 2d6x10 MD, but only has enough power for 5 shots plus 30 minutes of flight time. The Entkin makes the attack roll, as the drone isn't anything more than a weapon with a relay and simple sensors to move where it is directed and fire the weapon. The drone can perform evasive actions if attacked, with a +6 to Dodge, but since it is so small (only about 3 feet in diameter and flying at 500 feet), attackers suffer -5 to strike if they even detect the drone. The drone recharges on a concealed dock on the Entkin's back, taking about 30 minutes to recharge.

*(False Magic) Animate Plant - Using a method similar to animating corpses, the Entkin uses modified nanites and artificially grown vines, implanting them into a plant of about average tree size or less. The nanites make the branches more malleable while the artificial vines give the plant a form of muscles to allow the branches to move. The nanites also create basic sensors in the plant, basic cameras and mics, allowing the Entkin to see and hear what is around the tree. The animated tree can make a basic slam against near by targets, but only has a Strength of 21, more useful for distracting a target by using the branches to knock over humans not in power armour or striking sensor units. The nanites and artificial vines last for about 24 hours before breaking down, taking 2 melee rounds to install in a tree. The cameras and mics can transmit to the Entkin up to 5 miles away. The Entkin carries enough nanites and vines to animate 10 trees.

*(False Magic) Wall of Thorns - A modified vine grenade that causes the vines to grow and weave into a wall that covers a 20 foot area (20x20 foot) similar to the spell Wall of Thorns. Anyone who falls into the thorns, or try and push through suffers 5d6 SDC, but the wall has 30 MDC per 20 feet of thorns. The Entkin will usually carry 10 of these grenades.

*(False Magic) Ironwood - Using nanites, the Entkin can strengthen regular wood into mega-damage material, although not as well as the spell. Convert the SDC into half the amount in MDC. This process takes about 10 minutes per 100 SDC to be converted, and the Entkin carries enough nanites to convert 1000 points of SDC.

Drone Swarms - The Entkin can carry a large number of drone swarms such as the Carrion Fly, Carapace Beetles and Fiery Wings. 1000 drones, of any type, even a mix of all three or future types can be carried. This can also function as a type of Summon Insect Swarm spell.
Last edited by kronos on Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

YES! YES! YES! :ok: :ok: :ok: 8) 8) 8)
DO PLANTS!!!!!

I'll have to do a variant where a female 'pilot' or 'heart compliment' can merge with the male giant creating a synergistic power-up. Wayfinder-developed gestalt-mode(I'd already had the idea, but this makes it much easier to develop) .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:YES! YES! YES! :ok: :ok: :ok: 8) 8) 8)
DO PLANTS!!!!!

I'll have to do a variant where a female 'pilot' or 'heart compliment' can merge with the male giant creating a synergistic power-up. Wayfinder-developed gestalt-mode(I'd already had the idea, but this makes it much easier to develop) .

OOooh... that sounds neat. And I just through of another option for the Entkin.. The swarm drones.. Carrion Fly, Carapace Beetle and Fiery Wing swarms.. it could probably carry about 1000 drones.. oh man that can be scary.
taalismn
Priest

OOooh... that sounds neat. And I just through of another option for the Entkin.. The swarm drones.. Carrion Fly, Carapace Beetle and Fiery Wing swarms.. it could probably carry about 1000 drones.. oh man that can be scary.

Carry entire hives... :twisted:
(sound of several people crashing through jungle)
"Oh, you just HAD to poke the odd-shaped tree with a $*$%&%^ing STICK, didn't you????!!! YPU ^%(^&*%&%ING $#&%#$&#^%#%%!!!!!"
(sound of something heavier crashing through vegetation coming closer, overlaid by an ominous buzzing/droning noise)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I think Archie would have made a seductress not as a means of gaining Intel through bed talk. Then he would let Hagan Lonovitch watch the videos too if he wanted.
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:I think Archie would have made a seductress not as a means of gaining Intel through bed talk. Then he would let Hagan Lonovitch watch the videos too if he wanted.

Be a heck of a programming task....Archie tends to like things with a mechanical aspect to oh-so-subtly make the point that his robots are better...even his humanoid spybots have the whole metallic look going.
That having been said, he might go the way of design some 'partial cyborg conversion' seductress models to get male egos talking.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:And here's an illo for the Entkin Elite:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img822_zpsdf7kfemu.jpg

LOVE it!!!! Now I just need to get to work on finishing other works, including the wiki, but it's thanksgiving here so not much will get done.
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, I'm quite pleased with the way it came out too...it took me just two days to do, and the driftwood-like whorls just look so nice for concealing the chest cannon(Photoshop smudge tool, yeeee...). I was worried about bark texture, but adding some spraypaint-tool moss covers a lot of artistic sins. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Yeah, I'm quite pleased with the way it came out too...it took me just two days to do, and the driftwood-like whorls just look so nice for concealing the chest cannon(Photoshop smudge tool, yeeee...). I was worried about bark texture, but adding some spraypaint-tool moss covers a lot of artistic sins. :D

Hehe. The only thing at first I was thinking was a complaint at first would be the placement of the tentacles.. I had originally thought they would come out of slots where the other railgun would be position.. but then I thought, maybe if they were actually different openings/grow points to allow it to come out of different spots on the arms would add greater flexibility and personal preference for each Entkin, making them a little more unique and organic feel, so not a complaint, just made me think about it differently than originally, and I like it better.

I think I might come up with a few more options for the Entkin.. like extra tentacles or something.

Return to “Rifts®”