Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kronos
Hero

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by kronos »

A few psionic items. More to come at some point.

Psynetic Rites of Upgrade

With the EShemarrians being a psychic energy race, it is surprising, to those who have even an inkling of their origins, that they hadn't developed any psionic items or enhancements like the Noro. In the beginning, the EShemarrians had few actual psionic powers, but as their numbers grew, and more new members through progen or via NeShemars with psionic powers, the Tinkers started to examine examples of Noro technology that they had acquired, and a few rare samples of psynetics scouts from Europe had brought back.
Although the number of Eshemarrians with major psionics is still small, new items and elite frames are being developed to those the elders find worthy.

Psi-Bolt Blaster
This is basically a Eshemarrian version of the Noro crystal bolt pistol that is built into the Shemarrian's arm, replacing one of the built-in lasers. With the larger space of the arm, the psi-bolt blaster can benefit from more psylite crystals to increase its payload. The equipped Shemarrian must have at least 10 ISP before this weapon can be installed.
An interesting side effect that was noticed is that the equipped Shemarrian can use the psi-bolt blaster to project other psionic powers that have a shorter range, usually short ranged or touch offensive psionic powers. Touch powers only have half the range of the psi-bolt blaster, and cost an extra 3 ISP to be used this way.
Range: 1000 ft
Mega-Damage: 2d6 M.D or 4D6 M.D. at ley lines.
Rate of Fire: EHHC
Payload: 40 shots. The Shemarrian can power the gun herself, spending 5 ISP per shot.
Special Bonuses: Can use other short ranged offensive psionic powers through the psi-bolt blaster at the cost of the power plus 3 ISP. Touch offensive powers have a range of 500 feet, and cost their ISP cost plus 3.

Psi-Shield
This is basically the Noro psionic crystal armour built into the Shemarrian's body. The only part of this upgrade that is visible are small emitter crystals embedding in the back of the hands, top of feet and one at the base of the back of the neck. The crystals can be covered with clothing or even armour, not interfering with the shield. The crystals glow faintly while the field is in use. Due to the shield being part of the Shemarrian, it can actually grow in strength over time.
Once installed, the shield can be activated four times per every 24 hour period, or the Shemarrian can activate the shield by spending 20 ISP of their own, just like the psionic crystal armour. However, for every 2 levels of experience the Shemarrian gains after the psi-shield is installed, the shield increases by 20 M.D.C.
M.D.C.: 70 M.D.C. for the psionic force field +20 M.D.C. for ever 2 levels gained after installation.
Bonuses: While teh force field is up, the Shemarrian gains +2 bonus to save vs psionic attacks +1 for ever 4 levels gained after installation.

Psynetic Eye
After recovering examples from Europe, and many years of study, the Shemarrians have released their own version for psychic scouts and other units that do a lot of scout work.
Although similar to the European version, the Shemarrian one doesn't have the EM energy blaster, nor is it compatible with the Shemarrian's standard eye lasers. However, with psylite crystal enhancement, it has better range with the same powers as the European versions, plus a few other powers. The Shemarrian version also doesn't derive its powers via M.O.M. technology, but taps into the Shemarrian's own psychic potential plus the addition of the psylite crystals allows several uses of the features before the Shemarrian needs to use their own ISP.
Range: Varies as described.
Duration: Varies as described.
ISP: Varies
Saving Throw: Not applicable.
Mechanical Abilities: All of the standard Shemarrian visual sensors.
Psionic Abilities: Powers one and two are automatic and constant.
1. See the invisible, including entities, elementals, energy beings, those that turn invisible via magic, and Cyber-Knights hiding from technological sensors. Range: 400 feet.
2. See astral beings. The psynetic eye enables the Shemarrian to see astral travelers normally invisible even to most psychics!. Range: 60 feet plus 10 feet per level of experience.
3. See aura; same as the psionic power. Plus, the auras of most psionic characters flare just before they are about to use a psionic attack. Those with a psynetic eye can see this and take action to attack first, parry, dodge, or flee; +4 on initiative or +3 to dodge under this condition. Note that the use of defensive or passive psionic powers are impossible to see. Range: 60 feet plus 10 feet per level of experience. ISP Cost: 6, but has 4 uses during a 24 hour period. Duration: Two melee rounds (30 seconds).
4. Read Dimensional Portal as the power, but with a range of 20 feet. ISP Cost: 6 with 1 free use during a 24 hour period.
5. Sense Magic as the power, with the following changes: magical objects or creatures will have a faint aura, which can also be linked with the see aura ability (by paying the ISP cost in addition for a better reading of the creature), range increased to 200 foot area. ISP Cost: 3 plus 4 free uses per 24 hour period.
Special Note: The Shemarrian can link their targeting systems with the psionic powers, allowing a +1 bonus to attack rolls when using any of the powers within a minute before attacking the target selected by the psionic powers. The Shemarrian can also upload targeting information to other nearby Shemarrians (especially Shemarrian males doing this to spot invisible targets or selecting powerful magic users), thus reducing any penalties for attacking invisible targets by half, or granting an additional +1 to attacks for specific targets selected using the psionic powers.

Ectoplasmic Disguise System
This system allows the Shemarrian to emit ectoplasma and shape it with mere thought to disguise themselves. Inspired by the few examples brought from Europe, but enhanced for greater flexibility. Not only can the Shemarrian alter their physical appearance to also appear as another species of humanoid, but the Shemarrian can also use it to create camouflage, and blend in with their environment better. This system is usually awarded to high ranking male scouts and a few female warriors that favour ambush tactics or do a lot of infiltration work with the public. Although it uses more ISP to activate, with the use of the psylite crystals the duration is extended. The Shemarrian will have a small series of gill-like slits on the torso, upper arms and legs where the ectoplasma flows from.
Range: Self
Duration: 40 minutes per level of experience.
ISP: 20
Functions just like the power Ectoplasmic Disguise, with all the same level of proficiency, problems and limitations, but with the following changes:
1. Camouflage: The Shemarrian can use the ectoplasma to aid in camouflaging themselves or someone/thing beside them, granting +15%.
2. Conceal: The Shemarrian can use the ectoplasma to conceal and disguise items on their body. For instance, hiding small weapons or other items on their body, or disguising a weapon as a walking staff, provided they also hold it in a similar manner when not in use. Grants a +10% to Conceal.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

"Great! They got techno-night vision, heat sensors, radar antennae, now they can READ OUR BRAINS!!! Whose bright idea was it to try banditing in Shemarrian territory? Whose?! Because it sure as hell wasn't mine!!! We had a better time of it skimming guns from Coalition army depots!"
"They're not really reading our brains-"
"THEY'RE FREAKIN' FRYING OUR BRAINS WITH THEIR THOUGHTS! THAT'S EVEN WORSE!!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

‘Franken’ Heavy Cyborgs

“No, Dwight, I can say with absolute ####ing certainty that these ####ing fleshy-headed mutants are NOT ####ing friendly! Now keep your ####ing foot to the floor until we’ve got at least a ####ing river and a ####ing mountain range between us and them!”

‘Franken’ are essentially heavy- or assault-chassis cyborgs with heavy coverings of faux-flesh. The fact that the fake fleshy covering looks rotted, tumorous, stitched-together, or otherwise not quite normal, actually helps the illusion that these hulking beings are mutants, flesh-golems, or other monstrousities.
In a few cases, the ‘Frankens’ are the larger heavy labor robots(such as the Northern Gun NG-W10) under the flesh-jacket.
Frankens are currently exclusive to Clan Shelley, though it’s rumored that the Lost Eclipse(an ardent supporter of Clan Shelley) has used the concept as well, most notably to sneak infiltrators, some disguised as ‘Kryygorth Lessons’, into Splugorth encampments. It’s also rumored that the Ghost Riders have disguised some of their number as Madhaven mutants using this technique.
Stat Modifications:
MDC: The faux flesh adds +3d6 MD to the base
P.B.: Base stat of 1d8, and can be mistaken for an organic being, rather than a mechanical one.

‘Mummers’

“I curse you, disturber of these sacred burial grounds. I curse you with the most painful moments of your un-life. Gold we do not have in abundance in these crypts, but silver we have much of, as you are about to learn to your agony!”
-Nubo-hotep

The original ‘mummers’ were the two dozen slave-borgs who revolted against their forced labor in the mines, killing their keepers in the process. However, they also wiped out the sadistic Black Market technicians who were keeping their bionics serviced. Out in the wilderness, away from major population centers that might offer them repairs, and unwilling to trust anybody in the area who might also be on the slavers’ payroll, the cyborgs were forced to make do with whatever they could scrounge up for adhoc repairs to themselves. The available supplies included lots of duct tape, which the cyborgs used to patch themselves and seal holes in their bionic bodies. They also used the material to disguise their appearances from casual identification. Exposed to the dust and dirt of the mines and hideyholes in which the cyborgs took shelter, the sticky duct tape quickly acquired a dusty, dirty, and worn look similar to old mummification wrappings. When the nascent Clan Shelley stumbled across the ex-slaves and took pity enough on them to offer them sanctuary with them, Queen Shelley commented on the ‘mummy’ look. When she began to build her new clan around a horror-film theme, she suggested that the cyborgs might just want to keep the look. Many agreed to do just that(those who didn’t went on to become Frankens).
Mummers are simply mining and labor cyborgs and robots wrapped in yards and yards of MDC tape and strip-cut sheeting. Some of the Mummers have added touches like ancient Egyptian-styled decorations, or bits of d-bee gear to their cover-wrappings, to further the masquerade. Under the wrappings, many of the cyborgs have also had their appearances altered to appear more skeletal or mummified, so even if their wrappings are damaged or destroyed, their true nature will not be immediately revealed. Other touches that the clan members have added to their role as ‘undead’ include hiding underground(indeed, the mining skill of many of the Mummers has been put to work on Clan Shelley’s underground hideouts) and sleeping in elaborate sarcophagi-like servicing booths. The fact that many of the ex-slaves are quite insane and perfectly willing to embrace the masquerade also helps the clan act.
Like other members of Clan Shelley, Mummers do NOT get along with True Vampires, in their particular case because the Mummers are rather adept at ferreting and digging out vampires’ daylight hiding places underground. The ex-miners are also fond of arming themselves with silver weapons, and have gotten GOOD at putting a silver-tipped pickax blade into a vampire’s withered heart.
Mummers remain another exclusive of Clan Shelley.
Statistical Data:
MDC: The patchwork MDC fabric armor typically adds +3d4x10 MD to the overall MDC of the cyborg/robot.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Unread post by Mercenaryx »

Hello, been reading for a while now the post and I really love what's going on here. I was wondering if I can add to it. I don't want to step on any toes here, but I have an idea for something. But I don't know if it will be rejected and knowing my luck it will be hard!

But I've also got to say that I'm only about page 25ish or so out of the current 55. Been reading alot and don't know what else I missed. I hope everyone here can accpet my idea, I will go into details with it, but I want to start with a Preface if you will of said Idea.

I'm also not very familiar with the stats system and the only copies of the books I have are PDFs, so forgive me if I do anything inaccurately.

But the sort of my idea it so put a grain of truth in to Hegan's and A3's Shemaran history. Something that has them being pawns or puppets to someone else if you will. I know, I know all the argument of why I shouldn't do it, but the Ava girl's adventures as a kind of Goddess sort of set something in my head.

So I'll be posting this first to ask premission to add to these elements, and in hopes to help enrich more players and DMs to other options. Again. I've not fished reading all 55 pages and I'm only half way, but I would like to see if any of these will take.
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Hello, is it okay for me to post ideas here? I want to help add to the flavor or everything, and something of a plot bunny came up in my head when I read the parts of Ava. I'm only half way though all the pages, but it has inspired me to add my own spin to things. I want to add something that could help give the history that A3 and Hagen are creating for the Shemarans. That little grain/seed of truth, something that the GM's could use, a tool if possible, mind you I am under no allusions that any thing I put here will be accepted and our right rejected.

So I understand if my next post get's deleted, I'm just asking premisison to see if this idea will fit into what everyone is doing. And if anything to help with situations for people's campaigns, to give them something to play with, I'm not terribly familiar with the stats system so I'm guessing that all I doing is flavor text as it would seem. But I hope to be proven wrong and that everyone here will like it. Also if this post is repeating in away to another from before that I may have sent, it's because I tired to post before and nothing showed up. So please forgive me if I am braking any rules here.
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Here's is part one of my little tale, something that I want to weave into the whole of the Shemaran nation. I only hope it meets with your approval, that I can weave an epic tale that is worthy of the greatness of every last one of you.

I call it: Journal of redeemed, The lost tale of the precursor.

-

I am writing this because it is time for pen be brought to paper, it is time that I tell my story and that my friend.

I write this with her blessing and her knowledge that I transcribe this as soon as possible. For there's little time for both of us and there is much I have to say....for the both of us.

But I'm getting ahead of myself, my name is Evian (Eve*v*in), it means in her language best I can tell “Precursor,” and I've lived for a very long time, it has been to the point that I barely remember what my life was like before she came into it, before this, well, for lack of a better word, Goddess came into my life and saved me from death.

I'll start with who I was before, at least the parts that I can recall clearly, my orginal name has been lost to the winds of time, but my friend calls me Evian. I barely remember my mother or my father, the most I can get is maybe shapes, and smells. these are the few things that I can carry over from my old life, but I don't remember when or how long ago that was.

Or that's what I think, because ever since I met her, my perception of time tends to get...off track. It gets hard to tell if only ten seconds has passed by, or ten years. I guess when you are host to a....Goddess(?) you tend to lose a few things when it comes to prescriptive, and replace those with a more bigger picture view of everything I guess. I don't know, it could have been 15 minutes or 15 years because the memories of my friend and me are mixing again.

Let me explain, two things about ending up having to share a roommate with your own body. A: when the person that moves in and they start to pay for the lion's share of the bills they can decide on the look of the house, both inside and out, and B: If you don't like the new look? Tough, deal with it, I've had to, and let me tell you swapping genders wasn't fun for the first few years.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, my friend changed me from boy to girl, why? Because she felt that she shouldn't be forced to stay in the form of a weaker sex, I think there was some other motivation on her part, but heck if I know, I'm just the original owner of the body, what do I know about life, the universe, and everything? Maybe someday I can get the truth out of her, for now I just accept that it was a small price I had to pay, the other choice at the time was dying in a ditch somewhere in the middle of some Maine, I think that's what she called it. More on that later if I can recall it correctly, that's if I'm not her to start with. This merging of minds is scary and freaks me out, I really don't know if I'm the original owner or the new one pretending to be the original. It scares me so much that I prefer to think it's co-opted.

But that's besides the point of what I'm here to say today, for now at least, is about my friend's actions these past few years, again I am only guessing on the time here. REALLLY hard to tell, and I mean it, It seems that my friend was once a god of some kind, from some alien world that was similar to ours, that she and her fellow gods where always fighting to keep their people safe, but that they where always arguing over how to go about it at times.

That is until the dark ones came, I can't translate the words she uses and dark ones is the best I can come up with, I don't think I can even give a shape to the sounds of the letters she is giving me for what she calls them. I don't know, but I can say they could have been the Splugorth, or something else, I could be substituting my own ideas for hers. Two minds one brain here people, things tend to get messed up when I'm behind the wheel, don't get me started when she is taking over backseat driving in the drivers side. (Where am I getting these sayings from?)

Point is that they won the war killing the invaders down the last soldier letting non escape, but the cost was heavy, like 'the enemy killed everyone with a bio weapon' heavy. They killed her fellow gods in the process, these events took place maybe more then a thousand years ago, or last week for all I can tell.

The long and short of it is this. Everyone died, no one lived happily ever-after, the end. Or it would have been, my friend was is so much grief over the loss of her people, her friends, her family. She gathered everything of them, everything she could save, and she cried, begging for forgiveness, at this point things get fuzzy, I think she is blocking out what happened for her to ask in the first place forgiveness. All I know is that something went wrong in the fighting, some tactic or battle when horribly wrong and it cost them everything, she says every time she's reminded of it, that she wished she knew. Had they done something else, should have gone a different road. Had tried something else. She hates herself the most out of all this.

She hates what she had become, the killer of her kind, as she like to keep reminding me, and it's times like this that make me wonder if she is the Goddess she says she is, or some poor soul that screwed up and ended up with me. If the latter, maybe we're just both crazy, maybe it's I'm either always been a girl and am making up everything in my head, or I was one of these alien and found myself here and am trying to cope with the loss of everything. Explains only a few things, but doesn't explain the big issues. Like where these two long things on my head came from, I swear if I angle it right I pick up the radio signals from everyone out there. Again, could be I'm just crazy.

I could have been a boy with cyborg parts already in me and she changed it all to fit her style, or I was one of these aliens, food for though.

Where I come into all this is that she was running, taking everything she could with her and stumbled on me nearly dead, a mess in a hole when she saved me. I remember a lot of red, pain, fire. A dark kind of light that hurt to look at, it hurts to try and go beyond that. She said that it was providence that we met, that fate decided to show mercy on us both. So she took it, and I agreed, I guess, I really can't remember much of anything.

I think I said yes to something, well, that was a while ago, today we've been traveling, surviving, just trying to keep us alive another day longer. Then yesterday after escaping from a bunch of skeletal robots that had been rampaging as of late, something happened, I think something happened. I think I killed a bunch of them. Or she did, it was over in an instant and the remains where nothing but blacked earth and melted metal, we didn't stay long, but something reacted. I think my friend found something, or someone she knew, I wasn't previewer to the conversation, but know that something changed in her.

I don't know how to explain it, it's like she found some measure of hope again. It's why I'm taking down these notes, just in case she said. I guess something is going to happen soon, I'm just not sure what. If I'm lucky maybe she'll let me in on the joke.

-

There is more to come, and hoping that this will be worth everyone's time. I plan on making this enough of a tie in that it matters, but loose enough that anyone can adapt it into their stories. Something that you can pin on, something that you can blame inconsistency on. Something to mess with the players with, keep them on their toes, anyone see the movie clue and the three endings? Something like that, something that will let you get away with just about anything, or that's the hope really. I want to create something that matters really. I just hope it meets with your approval.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Why should you be worried? This forum thread is a "free exchange of ideas". What with alternate realities, mirror-verses and dimensional copies... anything is possible.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

I mean look at the stuff for "the Alecians" that came up as a response from my mentioning one of my chars in the robotech crossover threads (I think)
basically a small Shemarian clan that models themselves after ideas about the adventures of a Character I personally played for over 5 years.
heck the first Item I submitted for them was a line of evil long burning plasma incendiary missiles.
the second item was a "warsteed" that is essentially a Macross/robotech upgraded officers battlepod
my last item which I got some shocked evil comments about was an adaption of the nano repair systems to weaponize them similar to Borg nanoprobes concept, and then use them to generate something along the lines of the DS9 self replicating cloaked mines.

I mean when there are things like that floating around and attributed to being Shemarian inventions you have to actually stretch to come up with worse things.
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Part two of my on going saga to give that little grain of truth of the orginas of the Shemarmans, I will say this now, the person in this story, is she a human that became a vessle for a Shemaran Goddess, was she some cyborg that was dying that was taken over by the first Ecotrak(forgive my spelling, I haven't time to look it up.) or is she just a Shemarana from the futrure that was borught back in time and had her memories messed with? That's is up to you to decided, what I put here is up to you to either say it's fact or fiction, all of it could be true, or none of it can be, it's up to you to decided how to fit this, you can pic and chose what you like and use it, or improve on it. You can say that all this is a dalution of some poor sister who's just dreaming everything, or it's all real and the order of things are being remember wrongly, but this is all for everyone to decide what they want out of it.

I give to you the most powerful tool I have, the option to chose, so chose what you want out of this. ALso look at the video link I posted to youtube, it's from an anime clip and it's about an amusement park, you'll get what I'm going for with it. This is how I see the old man when he went and designed the Shemaranas. But again, I also want to take the Darkswords(is that their names?) and use them as well, I'll get more in to it later if I can, Still page 25 of 55, but here we go. Enjoy my little trip down the rabbit hole of maddness!

-

-

It has been at least a week since my roommate found a long lost friend, he, if you can even call it that, seems to have been from her people, or that's the idea at least. “His” mind and memories are basally swish cheese here, and what little that can be confirmed between the two makes it clear that what ever happened to them must have been bad to do this to them. But my roommate is sure that this is one of her people. She is so sure that she has him in a guest room in my own head. And those two are chatting away for hours at a time, I barely get any sleep at night now, mostly since I'm stuck in lucid dream mode and have to sit in the same room watching some kind of alien entertainment. Who knew that Gladiatorial combat could be so publicly sexual, mind you that could be me and my screwed up mind. It's a nice room, looks like something royalty might have, mind you I don't remember much beyond one room housing these past few years with the best outdoor plumbing being a bucket, a shovel, and a prayer.

They don’t' let me in on everything, but I get enough of an idea of what's being said. Seems that her people are out there in one way or another, but they are all like him, wandering the aether looking for some kind of safe haven from all the nasty things out there. But over time they have all gone missing or had to merge together into him to save themselves, the cost being rather high.

I'm starting to notice a theme here of sacrifice here, doesn't leave me feeling all that good about this. Makes me question my sense of self, or if I even have one at this point, or if I ever had one to begin with. I feel like I've been stuck in between something big and if something screws up I fear I'm the one that's going to be paying the tab.

The point here is that both of them are coming up with a plan, seems some local bad guys opened up a door they really shouldn’t have. They let loose the mechanoids as they are called, nasty bunch if you ask me, they came in because these two idiots where trying experiments they shouldn't have. Figures it would bit me in the ass somehow. And I like my ass, it's that perfect shape, young, firm, sexy...I'm really screwed up in the head here if I was a guy. Or is that a bad thing because I like girls and I was a guy? If I was a guy to start with.

Getting off track again, anyways, our friend here seemed to have hitched a ride with one of these guys, came though the portal, and started to mess up the place. For the longest time he even though he was always one of these mechanoids. That is until he and his group where sent out on patrol and encountered us. Details are rather sparse between the them. Not like I can do much to help them, but when I blurted out why not try to take over the machines as their own bodies, they went on and on about how it wasn't right and it wasn't in the form that could save their people and all sorts of things.

I guess when I said “why not make your own bodies” that they complained where they where going to get the materials and such to try and rebuild themselves, “why not steal it from the mechanoids or get the moron that let them here in the first place to help you? He seems to have the ability.”

Why do I get the feeling that I just unleashed a can of worms that I will either be regretting beyond the end of the universe?

What followed was a several hours length planing session. The basic idea was to get at the manufacturing capabilities of the one who let loose the mechanoids on this world, but first would be to help get rid of the invaders first, then start taking over. That's the idea anyways.

-

So this is a few months later. What a crazy time it has been.

Hi there, been a while, I know, but cleaning up to save the world from an invasion isn't fun or easy, more so when more of said Goddess' powers start to manifest in you. I swear that my breast are getting bigger again. That or my roommate is having fun at my expence over serveral things I've done or the past month, mostly likely she's still mad that I blew up that mechanoid outpost with all the stuff that could have helped us. Oh well, what can you do?

Okay, this plan isn't going to plan after all, with the mechanoids gone for the most part things are calming down, but any hopes of going after Archie's toys has been near impossible, guy is paranoid to the extreme.

We learned his name from scavenged data off several mechanoid hard-drives, and his partner. Roomie, as I've started calling her, she hates it like you wouldn't believe by the way, thinks we can get in though the human. The trick is to get close enough, the real issue is finding them, and at best we have a rough idea of the location at this point. So we are heading there once we're all supplied up, going to be a long walk, but some adventures where kind enough to get us at least half way there. Seems they where hired to help with clean up and looking out for more mechanoids or even the Splugorth.

Coalition State is putting our a huge bounty on kills and captures of either right now, must be bad since they are welcoming anyone to the party. But that let's us get where we need to go, and so far, all I can see is vast forests that border on jungle, possibility rainforest levels. I think we've might have found what we are looking for, or at least the area, we've decided to make camp in a rather thick part of the trees with a rather tall wide tree in the area as our base, Climbing it was the hard part, finding a branch that I could set up my camp on wasn't that hard.

Had to set up the little platform and keep it secured, set the tent, and get my cooking station ready, no fires with smoke if it can be helped. Don't want to be discovered, our location overlooks the area from a hill. From there we plan on doing a search of the area. The plan is to use my newly acquired skill of Astral projection to look, scout, and then infiltrate. Man is it trippy, learned I could use this while we where helping fight the mechanoids. Mostly on scout and Intel missions, helps pay for food, and pays for my new toys, new armors, gadgets, gear for long term survival in the wild.

But the most impressive thing I can do with it is to enter people's dreams, and mess with their heads. Only issue is that Astral Projection has you going though the same area with a bit of a different geographic setting then in the material world. Seems there's a bit of a difference between the two that it's not 100% reliable, best you can hope for it to compare the difference and make a best guess. Still it does it's job fairly well when you don't have anything else to work from. We'll start tonight, get a feel of the place first, if we find their location and go from there.

-

Four days, we've been here for nearly a week and still nothing. I'm starting to think the coordinates are wrong, or we really got them translated wrong, we've used up about a quarter of our supplise and will have to leave soon, unless I ration more, but out here it's not safe to, not with all the things that pass under my tent during the day, much less at night when the really scary things come out. I swear that some of them know I'm here, but for some reason are not bothering me, I can take a few guesses as to why. Roomie being chief among them, but then I think she's also the reason for me seeing the ghosts at times.

Had a rather nice conversation with a US marine, he took a shine to me, or Roomie, at this point it get's hard to tell anymore, but I think she is embarrassed by how forward a male was to her. If I had a picture of her face at that moment, mind you it's more I felt it then saw it, still it's the principle of the matter. So far he's still sticking around looking for his lost platoon that died during days the rifts opened up and changed the world, seems he can't rest until he finds the ones that never made it home, and by home I mean afterlife, I think that's what I'm getting. Haven't seen him since day two ago, but he said he'd be passing by again, also said he would keep an eye out for us if he sees what we're looking for. It's a long shot but at this point it's better then hearing the two in my head complain.

Recently I discovered Deadpool, one of the adventures had some computer copies of graphic books, said he found it in a treasure trove of stuff he got off a black marketer that tired to do a fast one off everyone. Don't need to explain what happened to him, but this is why you don't squeezes every credit out of everyone.

After reading a few before going to bed I wonder if this is what he goes though every day of his life? I can only imagine, but I think it's more scarey to think that I'm the product of someone's imagination then the idea of be being absorbed into the mind of a Goddess and losing my scene of self. At least with the Goddess option I have a chance to be remembered and live on in her....I guess. Lesser of two evils really, still they are freaking funny and a good distraction. When I need it, collection isn't complate and there's a lot of missing issues, still, what little I have is good.

-

Seven days later and we finally hit pay dirt. Turns out we are in the right area, we just looked in the wrong direction this whole time. Should have been looking more to the north, our ghost came back seems he found a few friends of his own, they where stuck in a few military bases reliving their deaths stuck over and over repeating their final days. I don't even try to understand how that works but Roomie seems to know what he's talking about, explanations from her seem to be coming more clear from her. Also the powers from her are getting easier and easier to use now, saves me trouble having to hunt and use up my supply of ammo for my guns. Getting food now is much easier and has extended my supplies by at least a month. Water isn't an issue anymore when you can call in rain and make little mini clouds over a cup of water and drink it, even got it to change color to tell me how much water is in it. Bathroom brakes are still a pain, but the little lake like pond with the river water near by has kept things clean for me.

I don't dare drink from it anymore, not since I saw that body floating down it. Poor s.o.b., more on her later.

Right now our leatherneck ghost friend found what we where looking for, one of his pals was stuck in an old base of some kind when everything went to crap, died there soon as it hit the fan. Roomie thanked him by making me give him a kiss, I'm not going to lie, I was shocked, but I kind of liked it. But that kiss was more reward for him them for my pleasure, she gave him something for his journey to finding his friends. Said our goodbyes, and got some rest, we're going to be making rather long trip.

-

Okay, here's how things are going down, it's been at least five days since I wrote anything, mostly since I've been traveling in Astral form this whole time, found the place. Took about half a day to find it, we left Roomie's friend with my body to steward things while we are away so in case anything happened he can pick up and get us to safety and Roomie can find by body though tracing him. So I don't have to worry about not finding my way back. So far, the place looks like nothing, just some ruined buildings being taken over by nature and totally over grown trees and such. It wasn't until we went in that things started to be clearer to what we where dealing with. It was like out of those deadpool books about the super villain and his lair, only not. I don't know how else to explain it.

It's also strange when I pass by the more reflective equipment, me and Roomie look like one person, I can tell there's two people standing there, but only one person is looking back at us. I guess that's the nature of what I'm becoming, two souls merging into one. I can see my face, but it's on some kind of amazonish body, and damn am I sexy, even the muscled abs are hot, just the right amount of feminine and muscle bulk, my breasts in this form are huge, and the armor I'm wearing is something out of a story from the old days, but way more high techish? I would be so turned on if I was in my body right now. God/Gods/Goddesses what is wrong with me?

I think the armor is Roomie, or how she appears to me outside our body(our body? I really am changing) and she's effecting me down to my very core, it really bring into perception what is happening to me. Right now we don't have time to stare, we've got a plan to enact.

It didn't take long to find who we where looking for, seems he is working on something based off those mechanoids he's studying, the old man is rather pathetic looking if you ask me, but watching him work is what really gets me wondering, as I see him build his models, I notice what he's trying to do, he's making a girlfriend? What is this guy, desperate? Well, given this day and age, I can't really blame him.

That's when he started talking to himself, or I think that was it, seems that I'm not as invisible as I first though. Some of the equipment is picking up energies, energies coming from me. Seems that there's someone else, this Archie name that I saw before, we are going to have to be extra careful from this point since we can't let them know they are not alone at the moment.

So watching the old man for hours on end you think he would get tired, and getting into his head isn't possible while he's awake, what with all the tech he has on himself, in himself, it took forever but finally he went to sleep. That's when it was possible to get into his head. Let me tell you the stuff in there is just freaky, his Ego is bigger then the world, in fact I don't think there's enough room for it and everything else on earth!

Still, we found what we where looking for. His ideas, and his sexualized amazons he was going for. Really, they where just humans with chain-mail underwear only and chainsaws for hands? Roomie really was offened by this, I was too, though for different reasons, she set to work being his muse as it where, she changed the look, the armors everything. But that's all we got to before we got kicked out from him waking up. It was disorientating getting kicked like that.

But that's only a small price we paid, seems Roomie's touches did take, already the old man was changing things in his plans, he was rather excited about it. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUHlJ6vlGqs See this for what I mean, the dino guy is what I'm talking about. I think this is how hegan would be if you ask me.) It was really creepy, I don't have a body, but I got very cold shivers over it.

Over the next few days we kept going in there, planting seeds of ideas, Roomie was really taking charge in what would be, but even with all our influence, we couldn't get the sex out of the pervert. It may as well be fore the best, it wasn't perfect but Roomie was getting what she wanted for the most part, we had to be careful about what we did, a few times we almost blew it, but either someone up there is smiling on us, or these two are real dumb@$$es. I don't know which is better.

So far playing the Muse seems to have paied off and the final product looks like it might be something that Roomie said will hopefully redeem her, that this might give her the forgiveness she so desperately wants. For now we have to get back, we've spent enough time planting seeds and making sure they would grow, they might come out differently then what we are hoping for, but it seems close enough is good enough at this point.

Phase 2 of the plan is still a ways away, but at least we have something to work from. We might have to come back some day to follow up, but for now we just need to find the nearest settlement and wait.

-
taalismn
Priest

Welcome aboard, Mercenaryx. You're more than welcome to come in and post ideas! Good, bad, beautiful, ugly, crazy as hell, we're all about Shemarrians here.
And what a wonder you've started out with! This will take some serious sitting down and reading!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Vespinas---Shemarrian Faerie-Folk
(aka ‘Cyberbelle’)

“UGHHH!!! MY cockpit! Full of(!!!)little b####es!!!(@@@)ALL OVER ME-!!!!(###)Bac-(%%%)How(###) got in, but-!(!!!!)Not fae-(!!!) AWAY! GET! AWAY! (####)IT! BURNS! IT !BURNS! Y’NGROTH SAV-”
----Cockpit transcript, Kitanni robofighter, after an encounter with Clan Vespa on Roal’s World(recorder recovered by CCW scouts from wreckage)

‘Vespinas’ are a micro-robot recently introduced by Clan Vespa at the annual Meeting of the Tribes at the Hall of Light, apparently as part of Clan Vespa Queen-Matriarch Kusunoki Masako’s efforts to show off the technological expertise of her nascent tribe.
Vespinas resemble Barbie Doll-sized miniature Shemarrians or faerie folk; diminutive humanoids with head antennae and wasp wings. They are wonders of microrobotics, with fully articulated bodies and lifelike skinning, although their structure is composed of advanced buckyball composites, monomolecular fibers, myomer musculature, and integrated molecular circuitry. Some observers aware of the artificial nature of the Vespinas wonder if the more magically-inclined Wayfinders might not have shared the means to create Action Golems(see Rifter #21) with Clan Vespa, as the two types of ‘techno-familiars’ share much in common.
Vespinas are quite small and fragile(at least early models; later types are surprisingly tough for their size), but their speed and versatility promise to make them useful as assistants, scouts, and companion-bots. During the Conclave, Wayfinders experimenting with several examples given to them by Clan Vespa discovered the little ‘bots could be Awakened with an Ecotroz essence-fragment. Given their programmed intelligence, this potentially makes them the smallest fully-sentient EShemarrian caste-class.

Vespinas can be produced by an Assembly Forge programmed with the right templates, but Clan Vespa has also looked into, with the assistance of the Horrorwoods Tribe, designing Cybertrees to ‘grow’ additional Vespinas in fruit-like bodies or wasp-like hives attached to the branches. Queen-Matriarch Kusunoki Masako has also toyed with the idea of creating nanotech ‘seeds’ that would allow the Vespinas to plant ‘eggs’ in suitable environments rich with materials, that would then spontaneously generate new Vespinas.

Currently Clan Vespa deploys the largest number of Vespinas, but Queen-Matriarch Masako’s demonstration has been a success; both the Wayfinders(who are experimenting with magically-enhanced versions) and the Horrorwoods have acquired substantial numbers of the mini-fay-EShemar, and even the Hawkmoon and Silvrmoon Tribes have evinced interest in them.

Type: EcoS-Kcvsp-01 Vespina
Class: MicroRobot Asssistant
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 30
Head 9
Arms(2) 8 each
Legs(2) 9 each
Wings(2) 5 each

Height: 11 inches
Width: 4 inches at shoulders , 16 inch wingspan
Length: 3 inches
Weight: 1.4 lbs
Cargo: Only what can be carried in the ‘bot’s arms
Physical Strength: Equivalent to human P.S. of 10
Powerplant: Nuclear microcell w/ 3 year energy life, though many supplement their core power by regularly sucking on electrical sockets or specially equipped perches.
Speed: (Running) 15 MPH
(Flying) (60) 30 MPH, maximum altitude of 1,000 ft
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not applicable(unless specifically outfitted), but generally limited to running along the bottom and can survive pressures down to 800 ft. If so programmed, can swim at Speed 15 .
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
*Multi-Optics
*Telescoping Zoom Lens(2 mile range)
*Thermo-Optics(1,000 ft range)
*Camera/Video Eye w/ live transmission
*Basic Audio
*Radio w/ scrambler capability. Range: 50 miles
*Laser Distancer(2,000 ft range)
*Molecular Analyzer Chip
*Motion Detector(100 ft range)
*Recording Chip---Stores up to 48 hours of recorded observations.
Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners. The following are common add-ons:
*Modulating Voice Synthesizer Chip---Allows the Vespina to imitate a variety of natural sounds, such as animal calls.
*Sonar---Echo-location system with a 500 ft range; usually used to imitate bats and similar noctural animals.

Weapons Systems: None standard

Options:
*Extendable Arm Stingers---The arms of the Vespina can be fitted to extend a needle-like blade of one of the following types:
a)Drug Needle and Injector---Stinger needle does 1 SDC damage, plus chemical effects. Can carry enough chemical for 3 doses.

b)Neural Stinger---Improved version of the Neural Stinger described in the Rifts Bionics Sourcebook(pg. 47). Targets are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus reduce Speed and APMs by HALF. Four or more stings means that the victim must roll to save versus unconsciousness, a failed save meaning the victim is knocked out for 2d4 melees. The Vespina arm neural-stinger has enough power for 5 stings, then recharges at a rate of 5 stings per hour.

c) Stinger Blade--Extendable stilleto that does 1d4 SDC or 1 MD.

*Second Set of Arms---A second set of arms can be added to the Vespina, increasing its resemblance to an insect. The extra arms add +1 extra attack.

*Wasp Abdomen---Vespinas can be fitted with a trailing ‘wasp abdomen’ attached at the base of their spines. The mini-pod adds extra drag(reduce maximum speed to 26 MPH) but allows the microrobot to carry extra systems such as the following:
a) Drug Needle and Injector---Stinger needle does 1 SDC damage, plus chemical effects. Can carry enough chemical for 8 doses.

b) Acid Sprayer---Can spray an area(3 ft wide) with a corrosive that, depending on the specific agent involved, does 1d6 SDC for 1d4 melees, or 1 MD per melee for 1d4 melees. Has enough for 4 applications.

c) Tracer Chip Dispenser---The Vespina can attach(via adhesive or injection under the skin) a small micro-tracer to a target. The chip can act as a passive transponder or as an active ‘pinger’(3,000 ft range, 48 hour battery life). Can carry up to 20 chips.

d) Micro-Explosive(s)---The Vespina can deposit a small explosive device, ranging from a detonator chip(does 1 SDC and useful for destroying circuitry or setting off larger explosives....up to 30 can be carried) to larger explosive devices. Also consult the following for other micro-explosives:
Weight:(.22) 1.9 grams
(5.56mm/.22 ‘long’) 2.8 grams
(7.62mm) 8 grams
(9mm) 115 grams
(15mm) 120 grams
(20mm) 130 grams
Damage:
(.22) 2d6 SDC to eight inch ft blast radius
(5.56mm/.22 ‘long’) 6d6 SDC to 1 ft blast radius
(7.62mm) 1d6x10 SDC to 1.5 ft blast radius
(9mm) 9d6 SDC to a 2 ft blast radius
(15mm) 2d4x10 SDC to a 2 ft blast radius
(20mm) 4d6x10 SDC to a 3 ft blast radius

(MD)
(.22) 1d4 MD to six inch ft blast radius
(5.56mm/.22 ‘long’) 1d4 MD to 1 ft blast radius
(7.62mm) 1d4 MD to 1.5 ft blast radius
(9mm) 1d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
(15mm) 3d6 MD to 2 ft blast radius(*uses more recent chemical technology)
(20mm) 4d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
Features:
-Exploder Chip---A multi-mode detonator that be set for as little as a fifteen second count to as long as five minutes, or can be radio detonated.
Payload: The Vespina can carry up to 130 grams of micro-explosives

e) Mini-Laser----Possibly developed from acquired examples of the Japanese AT-6 Laser Pistol. Effective range of 300 ft, does 1d6 MD, and has enough battery power for 6 shots; recharges at 4 shots per hour.

f) Neural Stinger---Improved version of the Neural Stinger described in the Rifts Bionics Sourcebook(pg. 47). Targets are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus reduce Speed and APMs by HALF. Four or more stings means that the victim must roll to save versus unconsciousness, a failed save meaning the victim is knocked out for 2d4 melees. The Vespina neural-stinger has enough power for 10 stings, then recharges at a rate of 6 stings per hour.

g) Mini-Gun---Fires a .22 round with a range of 300 ft and does, depnding on the bullet type, 2d6 SDC, 6d6 SDC, or 1d4 MD. Carries 2 shots.

h) Stinger Blade--Extendable stilleto that does 1d6 SDC or 1 MD.

i) Flash-Blinder---The wasp abdomen is actually a high-powered illumination source that can light up a 30 ft area, but can also produce a strobing effect similar to a Blinding Flash spell 6(has enough battery power for 12 such flashes, recharges at a rate of 12 flashes an hour).

j) Ignitor----A modified soldering iron, that can be used to inflict a severe burn(1d6 SDC) or set materials on fire.

k) Sensor Pod---Additional micro-sensors can be carried in the abdomen pod.

Programming:
Detect Ambush 60%
Detect Concealment 60%
Intelligence 80%
Lore: Demons and Monsters 65%
Basic Math 98%
Radio: Basic 98%
Prowl 85%
Tracking 90%
Navigation 86%
Wilderness Survival 80%
Computer Operation 80%
Language: Can understand 22 different languages 80%
Sing(imitating songbirds and other animals) 80%
W.P. Knife

(Optional) Ecotroz Aawakening:
The AI matrix can be infected with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
The aforementioned skills thereafter get a +5% per level of experience for the Ecotroz entity.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Vespina intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Domestic(Cooking, Dancing, Sewing, Basic Maintenance), Physical:(Acrobatics, Climbing, Swimming), Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +4 , +7 in flight
Automatic Dodge +3
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Parry +2

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Vespina an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Most Vespinas exhibit flighty, inquisitive, hyper-active personalities that remind many of small birds in attitude and disposition. They tend to attach themselves as ‘familiars’ to a larger host-person.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
-Body Armor---Vespinas normally go about unclothed or wearing very little(such as a few pieces of strategically-placed foliage, but when necessary they can be dressed in (very) light armor for additional protection. Clan Vespa obtained several designs from the Wayfinders, who copied them from several styles used by their own faerie and ‘smallkin’ allies.

*LMcUC-1A---A miniaturized version of theAltaran Skinsuit, a light padded body suit of megadamage plastic fibers(4-6 MDC), with soft ‘tanker’s cap’, plastic gloves, and boots.

*LMcUC-1E--Miniature skinsuit with ‘ninja-style’ Blurr Mesh incorporated into it. Bonuses: The faster the wearer moves, the greater the distortion; at speeds of 3 or less, no bonus, 4-10; -1 to strike the wearer, 10-16; -2 to strike, 16-22; -3 to strike, 23 or greater, -4 to strike.

*Mc01---This is a padded megadamage mesh body glove with armored plates mounted all over it, and a back-and-breast rigid body shell to make an armored ‘hardsuit’. The large helmet is mounted directly on the shoulders and cannot turn with head movements(instead it has a full-wrap-around visor). Has 15 MDC.

*Mc02---A heavier and more rigid version of the Mc01, with 25 MDC, but reduce speed and hand to hand bonuses by 25%.

*Leather/Leaf Body Armor---These are handmade padded suits of treated monster leather and.or exotic plant fibers . These body suits can fit Size Levels 1-2, and each have about 8 MDC .
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Can we get a template of the thing you use to list the stats and such of your creations Taalismn? Also part 3 is here. Also I took the idea of the fake firmware update that I think Nix was it? That he came up with. I figure this let's that happen. And so many others, Also I would like to point out that yes, this could be the actuall Shemaran Goddess, or an EcoTrek, or however it's spelled out, that got into a person who died. Again, I'm making sure to leave things open enough that it's up to your judgement for what's real and what's not. I will try to bring up some basic stats soon as I can figure out Taailsmn's stat sheet set up.

-

It's been about two weeks since we left camp, we left the platform standing and the tent on it, put over over everything to prevent it from being spotted. Hopefully if we have to come back here we have something to go to. We made our way southwest into what was once called Virginia, we made it to a small town, in the middle of some hills in a valley, it was rather a nice sleepy town, at least until the gang of slavers showed up. Town didn't take long to kill them and string them up, can't say I'm upset of their fate, just for how long it took them to die. We stayed at the local inn and where able to get a job serving drinks to the locals and travlers, the fact that I had to wear that dress would have caused Roomie to fly off the handle, but I was able to convince her to accept it after I made some modifications to it. Looks like now something a bad-ass adventure would wear now.

The Tube top shirt that shows off my breasts seems to help, the pants like dress with the back cover really was nice, and the fact that I could hide a lot of weapons in it helped some(Think Korra's pants outfit, but with a tube top shirt.) The fact that I can walk around looking like I'm more trouble then I'm worth is a god send, that and cutting off someone's hand when they tired to get fresh with me helps, mind you the jack ass was a known killer that loved to raid other towns.

At least I have 25k in credits, now if I can only spend it on something. So far it's been pretty quite, no news on anything from Archie and Hagan, the old pervert. At least I can rest tomarrow.

-

I take it back, I want to spend it all on guns, nothing but guns guns and more guns, and maybe some big swords that will cause explosions when they hit their target. Who doesn't love a good explosion? What would be better? Lazers that Explode!! Explode after they burn their target, then freeze it, then melt it in acid, and finally blow up again! Roomie and her friend seem to agree with me on this one.

I woke up this morning to find the entire town being over run with, are you with me? ANT PEOPLE! It's the only thing that I can use to describe it. Now this wouldn't be an issue for me, but I have to hold back my powers, they have been growing as of late and if I don't hold back I might end up leave a giant hole in the ground. So far I've been able to make due with just throwing fireballs and lighting, everyone in the town thinking I was an adventure kind of helped them from freaking out.

But even after pushing the freaks back we can't rest easy, the town's lay line walker's apprentice came running to us to explain that his master went nuts, opened up this portal to a desert world with these things. We've been debating in the inn of what to do, everyone asking me to see if I can't just blow up the tower, I keep telling them I won't do it, mostly since I gave up adventuring because I have issues with doing anything more then a few spells, not to far from the truth.

The debate raged into the night over what was going to be done about this. So far it looks like I will be going with some towns folk tomorrow and taking point it seems.

-

It seems that I didn't have to do anything after all when the group of adventures came into town the next morning, they said they would take care of the issue with the tower and it's master, good for me, we just had to wait and defend the town from any more waves of these things.

-

Just before Sunset the adventures came back and told us that they cleared the tower, the apprentice's master had to be put down, but there wasn't much they could do to save him it seemed, with the kid's help they where able to close it, kid is now the town's magic user and has two demonic servants to help him, seems they are willing to help because it seems their agreement went to the apprentice, but his soul is safe. I don't know the details but it seems they have a vested interested for this town to survive. I don't know why, but something about them felt....honest, like they are happy to be here, for a second I saw something in their eyes, something that spoke of them being haunted by something in the past. Either way I'm not going to stick my nose into it unless I have to.

-

It's been two month since the Ant People invasion, and that's when we saw it, from the upper floor of the inn we saw them, the Shemarans they called themselves, Roomie was all gitty in my head and I had the biggest dumbest smile on my face all day, it was all I could do to not be seen with it. It was all I could do to stay hidden from them. At this point it seems it was time to move on to the next part of our plan. We had to be very careful, since I can pretty much can be mistaken as one of them, minus the armor, I have had to hide the antenna, seems I could retract it, Roomie had made my skin look differently then before. Seems I look like one of them unarmored, or more actually like I have parts of my body where it might hook into armor parts, points of contact and such if you will.

The owner of the inn asked what happened and I told him it was an issue with my powers, it was like wetting the bed from what I told him, but unlike cleaning the sheets, you get stuck with it for a while, at least I was different looking enough to not be mistaken as one of them, the Green/Blue skin helps really compared to their coppery color. For now anyways.

So far we've been doing a few runs for supplies and such with the next town, using it as an excuse to track the Shemarans in the area, had to be stay way back from being seen, they are good for being robots. They where very good to the point that you could mistake them for a living creature, mind you that is subjective a toppic, we saw some beating up one of their own in front of a group of people in town when I was coming back a few weeks after the first visit, the pariah was taken into town by the others, Roomie was bouncing off the walls in rage, and it was all I could do to prevent her from showing it to the world. Something about this was setting her off and I was feeling really sick. Something about this never happening with her people, it seems she was reminded of a long buried memory of some event. I saw it that night, it wasn't clear, but the one thing that was clear was the Splugorth in it brutalising a human child, but it wasn't a human, just an analog, the event was horrible.

The things they did to her, it haunts me to my soul, well, our soul, at this point it's getting absolutely clear that we're starting to merge into one being, it seems I was more dominating, was expecting Roomie was the one to take over, or am I Roomie and I'm-

The things I saw will haunt me till the end of days, at this point Roomie's friend decided it was time to start part two.

-

We've been trying to make friends with the Pariah, it wasn't easy to get close to her, talking with her was a rather hard fought process, but we have finally got her to call us friend, so it hurts me so much that I had to start lying to her, I faked a crying session, I gave a story about how this visitor hurt me, by just using me for a night of fun. I was able to get her to hold me and let me cry fake tears into her shoulder. That's when Roomie's friend made his move. I felt him enter her, at first she stiffened up, she felt like she had to escape from me, but I held her in an iron hug, it didn't last long, she blinked a few times and looked around like she was lost. She looked at me as if she was looking for permission to do something.

It took a few mintues before she finally was able to continue as before, I said good night. The next day she said she had to go, but that she'd be back, she said that she would accompany me on my supply run to pick up the trade goods for the inn. The small truck we used was an old world vehical, but one that has lasted a long time, with some modifications over the years, we took it almost half way to town before we took a turn off road and found a cave, I kept the truck back and let her walk into the cave.

At this point I can guess to what was happening, on the trip here she told me what she was suppose to do, that she would hook up to the network to upload all she has seen and heard to her master. But knowing Roomie's friend he was going to be slowly taking over, and that he would spread, that's the idea anyways. It would be several hours before she came back to me and got into the truck. As we backed out of the area, the cave exploded, it seems that it had a self destruct, I could only hope that everything worked.

That night when I went to sleep in the truck I woke up in the room again, but this time Roomie wasn't there, upon reflection I noticed I was speaking and thinking of myself in the singular, not the we anymore. I wonder really, who am I now?
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx, this is still a joy to read.
I'll post my template files later tonight(I'm away from my master computer right now, but wanted to give you positive feedback soonest).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:Mercenaryx, this is still a joy to read.
I'll post my template files later tonight(I'm away from my master computer right now, but wanted to give you positive feedback soonest).

Thank you, you don't know how much it means to me, I've got one more little story to add to this before I go and start up little play scenarios for GM's to use. This one last story will involve the founding of the Darkswords, was that the spelling? I'm just wondering since I keep making the mistake of miss nameing it.
taalismn
Priest

The Shemarrian templates I use:
Shemarrians:

Type: Shemar
Class: Robot Gynoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) each
Arms(2) each
Legs(2) each
Head .
Main Body
Height: feet ,
Width: ft feet
Length: feet ,
Weight: 1000 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. , PP. ,.
Cargo:
Speed:
Running:
Jumping:
Flying:
Underwater:
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian Tribes
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted by the Ghost Riders. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1)
Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire:
Payload:
Programming/Skills:

Actions/Attacks Per Melee:
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +
Dodge +
Parry +
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions) +
Strike + (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +
Pull Punch +
Disarm +
Entangle +
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20

Shemarrian Warmounts:

Type: EcoS-K-
Class: Robotic Warmount
1 rider/pilot, and room for
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body
Head
() each
Legs() each
Height: ft
Width: ft
Length: ft
Weight: lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) MPH
(Leaping)
(Flying)
(Space)
(Underwater)
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL ---- have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1)
2)
Range:
Damage:
Rate of Fire:
Payload:

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the following:
50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the ---- intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from ()
Dodge +3 underwater
Roll +2
Bite 1d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the ---- an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Shemarrian Fringe Tribe Composition:
Motif:

a)Origins:
b)Where First Encountered
c)Tribe Size
d)Tribe Organization
e)Tribal Composition
f) Highest Caste Class
g) Gender Division
h) Home Environment
i)Technology Level
j) Relations with Outsiders:
k)Relations with Other ‘Shemarrians’
l) Purpose
m) Preferred Mode of Combat
n) Unique Attributes
o) Prosperity
p) Chart P: Origin Tribe
q) Chart Q : Cyberization

(Optional) Motif Tables for Shemarrian Fringe Tribes
a.) Colors:(Primary)
01-05% White
06-10% Copper
11-20% Red
21-30% Yellow
31-40% Green
41-50% Blue
51-60% Purple
61-65% Silver
66-70% Gold
71-80% Black
81-00% Two Colors(or blending of)

b) Icon(Roll Twice)
01-10% Animal(falcon, bear, butterfly, dinosaur, etc.)
11-20% Mythical Beast(dragon, pegasus, midgard serpent, etc.)
21-40% Ancient Weapon(sword, dagger, mace, bow and arrow, etc.)
41-45% Modern Weapon( bazooka, laser pistol, missile, six-shooter, etc.)
46-50% Armor(shield, gauntlet, breastplate, etc.)
51-55% Architecture(temple, column, pyramid, castle, henge, etc.)
56-65% Celestial Object(moon, stars, comet, etc.)
66-70% Vegetation(flower, tree, olive branch, etc.)
71-75% Human(oid) Figure(whole body or just head)
76-80% Anatomical Feature(hand, skull, eye, etc.)
81-90% Elemental(water wave, flame, stone, thundercloud, etc.)
91-95% Manmade Object( scales, sailing ship, starship, clock, etc.)
96-00% Symbol(rune, biohazard, letter, number, etc.)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx wrote:

Thank you, you don't know how much it means to me, I've got one more little story to add to this before I go and start up little play scenarios for GM's to use. This one last story will involve the founding of the Darkswords, was that the spelling? I'm just wondering since I keep making the mistake of miss nameing it.

There's the Shadowblades, if that's what you mean. They're a vague fuzzy notion that everybody SEZ exists, but there's more rumor than actual evidence to their existence. But if you want to field a tribe called the Darkswords, I can only say it would even further muddle the waters and confuse outsiders as to which is the real group and what is tall tale. :D :P :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

The Charts, the Greater T, created are here.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
Mercenaryx wrote:

There's the Shadowblades, if that's what you mean. They're a vague fuzzy notion that everybody SEZ exists, but there's more rumor than actual evidence to their existence. But if you want to field a tribe called the Darkswords, I can only say it would even further muddle the waters and confuse outsiders as to which is the real group and what is tall tale. :D :P :bandit:

It's all Nightmare Tribe propaganda.. *waves hands all mysteriously* sssshh...

Welcome to the joy that is the expanding upon the awesome idea that is the EShemarrians. We can always use more tribes, warmounts, elites, upgrades, etc etc. Don't be afraid to post stuff. I usually run a few things by taalismn (partly for grammar, partly for making sure idea has right feel for any tribe specific stuff, and suggestions), but feel free to ask anyone here. We all have ideas that others haven't thought of and we're here to help expand and enjoy!
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:
Mercenaryx wrote:

Thank you, I'll be using both names really, since I haven't seen it anywhere, I figure I would have the Shadowblades and the Darkswords be part of something, one is a boogie man the man that keeps the baddies up at night sacard, and the other is going to be on par with 'The Doctor' in how he scares the Daleks, Cybermen, and even demonic entities which should by all right not be scared of him.

Think this is going to be the CIA, NSA, HLS, all wrapped into one as the intelligence branch of the EShemarrians, one will be real, the other will be as that one guy said it in the movie the usual suppects, "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to make the world believe that he didn't exsist, and like a puff of smoke, he's gone."

I think that's how it went. So it's going to be like that movie's mindf**king of everyone.

How's that sound? Just enough truth and real people involved in the right places, I think it would be better to call it more of a clan or tribe made up of all the other tribes, but they work in teams with almost no central Authority to speak of. Anyone here see the TV show Burn Notice? Think something along those lines, I think I will have more by tomarrow, it's 3am here and I need sleep. Running on fumes.
taalismn
Priest

Whew....this completes a big block of 89er suggested warmounts:

ES-K68 Mixmaw Utility Warmount
(aka ‘Composter’, ‘Corpse Chewer’, ‘ChemoWhale’, ‘Cement-Pig’, ‘Rotojaw’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/MIxmawimg542%202_zpsbk4bnose.jpg

“So, what are we cooking up today? Handwavium? Absurdium? Plotbonium?”
“No. Worse. Excitirium.”
“...let me get my heavy body armor, then.”

The Mixmaw(2M) is a mobile platform utilizing bleeding edge technology to provide the raw material for the Hexadra Macromount and other utility Warmounts. The MixMaw bears certain common attributes with the EcoS-K-35 Monstriark in that both are compact mobile mini-refineries and manufactories. The MixMaw, however, also shares some common traits with the monstrous EcoS-K-36 Terragore in being particularly eccentric in design.
The MixMaw has a general bodyshape that some describe as looking vaguely like a four-legged orca or a hybrid of a crab and an industrial cement mixer. Four stubby legs carry the Warmount across just about any solid surface. The blunt rounded ‘head’, however, is actually the end of an egg-shaped processing module that rotates like a cement-mixer in the rather bloated-looking main torso. The front end of the ‘head’ sports a circular mouth similar to that of the Terragore. Multiple eyes ring the mouth, and rotate with the ‘head’; several additional stationary eyes stud the rest of the body. Four arms sprout around the front end of the MixMaw, and end in multimode appendages that are veritable ‘swiss army knives’, able to act as grapple claws, pincers, and shovel-scoops, to slice up, pry loose, pick up, and shovel raw materials into the mouth and central digester to be broken up and used(sometimes called ‘chewing the cud’).
Key to the MixMaw is its internal manufactory, a frighteningly compact and versatile material processor that breaks down raw materials and turns them into new material stock. Transmutation chambers, hyper matter condensing, gravity grinders, and chem-soakers, are what a basic Mixmaw is equipped with, not including vast sensors and databases. A usual task involves a Mixmaw sucking up various debris using gravity, altering the matter into something else more valuable with transmutation in the mix drum. The matter is ground up with gravity alterations, deposited, and compressed into storage containers. When full, the MixMaw returns to the local Hexadra to deposit their resources. The MixMaw is also fully capable of depositing the processed material directly to a work site and do its own construction work. In self-defense, the warmount can transmute some of the stored resources into gel-like compounds with different properties to be sprayed.
The MixMaw is considered to be too slow and stodgy for serious combat, and it is ideally kept from the front lines. Shemarrian combat engineering being what it is, however, the MixMaw can give a good accounting of itself if forced to act in self-defense. The same heavy armor that protects it from construction site hazards also serves it well against enemy melee and ranged attacks. Those fool enough to come within range of its claws and cutting lasers will pay for their mistakes and be quickly carved up into easily-recycled chunks. And if the engineers have the time to prepare, the MixMaws can quickly turn their surroundings into a killing ground of chemical traps, backed by the Warmounts’ ability to directly spew all manner of dangerous materials onto a reckless foe. After larger Warmounts like the StoneEater, the MixMaw is a favorite warmount of VatFathers in the field. It is also commonly ridden by N’R’Mar working salvage sites.
The habit of routinely cleaning up a battlefield, including enemy equipment and bodies, by feeding the material into a MixMaw to be recycled, has raised howls of protest from some quarters when such cleanups have been observed. This has led to more than a few charges against the Shemarrians of war crimes in desecrating the bodies of the dead.
MixMaws first appeared in the ranks of Clan Scelptor, though whether they truly developed the WarMount or simply were the first to be gifted with them by a VatFather ‘breeder’, remains the subject of much debate. The MixMaw has since been seen deployed with the Silvermoons(Clan Scelptor’s parent-Tribe) and Lost Eclipse.

Type: EcoS-K-68 Mixmaw
Class: Robotic Warmount(Utility), advanced recycling and resource extraction
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400
Head 90
Eyes(12) 15 each
Arms(4) 115 each
Legs(4) 145 each
Tail 150
Height: 11 ft
Width: 12 ft
Length: 67 ft nose to tail
Weight: 52,000 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 35
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Leaping) Not possible
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Limited to crawling along the bottom at MPH, maximum depth of 1 mile.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL MixMaws have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 200 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Molecular Analyzer/Sniffer---- The MixMaw has the chemical taste acuity of a connoisseur coupled to a high-end chemical analysis laboratory. The MixMaw can quickly break down and discern the material composition of an ingested sample.

Weapons Systems:
1) Chem-Soakers(4; 2 small ports forward, 1 rear port, maw)---The MixMaw can regurgitate materials, vomiting them from small ports around its mouth, or can squirt them retromingently from an anus-like nozzle in its rear. The MixMaw can also momentarily reverse the gravitic fields inside its upper gullet, expelling its contents in a gravitic wave pushed ‘belch’. Since many of the substances can do damage, this system can be considered to be a weapon.
What makes the MixMaw so dangerous is its versatility; its nanite-culturing guts and cyber-organs can, with some preparation, generate just about any compound. The exact limits of this capability are a Shemarrian secret. Though the MixMaw may not be able to match the Shelong for quantity of any one substance, it leaves that Warmount in the dust when it comes to quality and variety.
Range:(Front/Rear Jets) 300 ft
(Maw ‘Belch’) 100 ft, but can cover a 25 ft wide area.
Damage/Effect: Varies by material type produced.
Sample types of chemical compounds:
(Liquid Metal/Slag)---Material superheated through extensive gravity wave folding and vibration. Does 2d4x10 MD per melee, for four melees(1 minute) before cooling solid.
(Napalm-gel)---Volatile combustible material. Note that the MixMaw does NOT normally have an ignitor mechanism as with a intentionally designed flame-thrower, so the material, once sprayed, has to be lit off by some other means, such as a laser shot. 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
(Super-coolant)---An exothermic chemical that quickly absorbs heat in its immediate area, cooling things down. Can lower temperatures in its area as much as 200 degrees. Fire Elementals and beings of fire/high thermal nature will find their APMs, bonuses, and Speed cut by HALF, for 1d4 melees if sprayed with the material.
(Electrified Gel)---A material akin to a naked dry chemical battery; it can deliver a whopping electrical charge to anybody dumb enough to touch it and complete a circuit(such as with one foot on it and the other on the ground). 2d4 SDC/HP per jolt. However, this is STUN damage and not tissue-damage. Being shocked five or more times, or with less than HALF hit points remaining, and failing a roll of 15 or better means falling unconscious for 2d4 melee rounds, and suffering stun penalties for a minute(4 melees) afterwards. Stunned victims are -6 to strike, parry, dodge and reduce Speed and APMs by HALF. The gel effectively holds charge for 2d4x10 minutes after being deposited.
(Caustic Sludge)---Corrosive muck that does 1d6 MD per melee for 2d4 melees.
(Quick-set Cement)Composition and strength of the deposited material varies, from 1d6 MD per cubic foot, to 3d4x10 MD per cubic foot. Typically sets in 1d6 minutes.
(Saint Slurry)---- A mix of water, sliver shavings, white oak pulp, garlic, salt, etc.) Used against vampires and other supernatural predators. Worked into an open wound on a supernatural creature, it has the effect of irritating the wound(victim is -1 to initiative, dodge, parry, and strike) and preventing it from healing.
(Irradiating gel)---This is a slurry of material laced with toxic radioactive compounds, akin to reprocessed nuclear reactor fuel. Worked into an open wound on a supernatural creature, it has the effect of irritating the wound(victim is -2 to initiative, dodge, parry, and strike) and preventing it from healing. On the minus side, this material is decidedly more dangerous for unprotected organics to handle; it does 1d4 Hit Points of damage per 3 minutes of exposure if handled. Even more radioactive(and damaging) compounds are possible, but the MixMaw is a materials processor, not an open nuclear reactor.
(Bio-Gel)---This is a form of agar-like gel impregnated with cultures of PPE-generating bacteria, similar to what many EShemar use to imitate natural PPE, or to give themselves PPE reservoirs for purposes of spell-casting. Its main use is as a marker or biological camouflage, or to replenish EShemar stocks of bio-gel after being damaged. Typically has 1d4-1d8 PPE per pound of material, depending on the formulation.
(Glow Paste)---Inspired by bioluminescence, this material can glow persistently for 1d4 hours after exposure to light, glow constantly in the presence of heat or radiation, or glow from chemical energy for 1d10 hours, depending on the formulation.
(Grinder Grit)---This is a fine-grained very hard crystalline grit meant as an industrial abrasive. If sprayed into the air and sucked into a jet turbine or worked into unprotected joints and gearing of machinery, it can quickly scratch and erode moving parts into uselessness. Moving parts unprotected by lubricants or coverings have a 25% chance of seizing up within 1d8 melees of constant activity. High-end, high-activity systems like jet turbines and generators have a 30% chance of being damaged after ingesting the material(reduce maximum speed/power output by 1d8x10%), and a 15% chance of flaming out altogether(sometimes literally, as they overheat).
(Exploder Paste)---Actually a form of plastique explosive. It can be sprayed on a target surface or poured on the ground where a trigger stimuli(such as sudden pressure or shock) sets it off. Depending on the formulation, it can do from 1d6x10 SDC to 2d4x10+20 MD per pound of material.
(Friction-Adhesive)---Super-stickum that prevents rapid movement; moving across this stuff at a speed lower than Spd 2 poses no problem, but any faster will cause the runner to stick fast.
(Slip-Slick)Anyone trying to move across slipspray must make a roll under their Physical Prowess at -8 or go out of control at full speed. Vehicles, power armors, and light robot vehicles traveling in ground contact across sufficiently large patches of slipspray will be at -15% to their piloting rolls..failure means the vehicle goes out of control and takes on the characteristics of a giant hockey puck. Depending on the hardness of the surface(must be a hard surface, not a permeable surface like dirt or gravel), certain heavy vehicles and robots will be unaffected, as they simply stomp the effected surface into the subterranean. Hovercraft are NOT affected either.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: The MixMaw has a capacity to process about 16 cubic meters of material(that’s about TWICE the volume capacity of a standard modern cement mixer truck).
Depending on the processing requirements of a given substance, it take anywhere between 15 minutes for simple materials like sifted materials to 2d6 hours for the more exotic substances for the MixMaw to ‘retool’ its innards to process new materials. Then, processing per batch can take between 10 minutes and 3d6 hours, depending again on the complexity of the materials being produced. Note also, when refining and ‘cooking’ materials, especially ores and chemical feedstocks, the original volume of materials consumed will not always equal the volume of final product.

2) Gravity Grinder---Anything that gets dumped in the rotating maw is going to be torn apart by vicious shearing gravitic stress and separated into its component molecules. About the only substances that CAN survive this process are Rune Weapons and already exotic materials like neutronium. The ‘maw’ has a 4 ft wide maximum opening for purposes of shoving things in. Larger objects must be cut up to fit through.
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per melee of ‘mastication’.

3) Gas Vents---Studding the flanks of the MIxMaw are several circular spicules that normally serve as exhaust and cooling vents for the chemical processing going on inside the Warmount. However, these vents can also be used to vent toxic and noxious waste product gases as chemical weapons.
Range: 50 ft
Damage: Varies, but typically hot, toxic waste gases. Rarely dangerous to those with full respiratory protection. A typical hot emission causes unprotected victims caught in the vapors to be temporarily blinded, -10 to strike, parry, dodge, and take 2d6 SDC inhalation damage per melee of being caught in the cloud. The temporary blindness lasts 1d6 melees after leaving the cloud.
Rate of Fire: ECHH. Depending on local wind conditions, the waste gas cloud will dissipate in 1d4 melees.
Payload: Conditionally unlimited; can typically renew its toxic cloud once per melee when going at full processing blast.

4) Cutter Lasers(6)---Mounted between the eyes around the maw are several by-now-standard Shemarrian eye lasers, used mainly for cutting up materials and mechanically breaking down feedstocks for ingestion. However, they are equally effective at cutting opponents into easily recycled pieces.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast, 18d6(or 1d6x18 ) MD if all six eyes are firing on one target simultaneously.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

5) Acid Sprayers(2)---Mounted low in the forward body are two small acid-sprayers, typically used to break down materials into an easily digestible sludge.
Range: 80 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD first round, and 2d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees. Covers a 10 ft area.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 100 shots before needing refill; the MixMaw’s systems can catalyze and produce a new supply of acid within 24 hours.

6) Claws(4)---These are really multi-option tool arms used for chopping up raw material, shoveling around debris, or troweling on processed materials.
Damage: (Claw)+ 2d6 MD to a punch
(Pincer) tear/pry 3d6 MD
(Shovel)+ 1d6 MD to a punch, but makes a broad, scalloped wound. On an unmodified roll of 19-20, it does 50% more damage.

7) Tail----The Tail is long and prehensile, ending in a flat, broad, spatula pad used for smoothing out laid-down/sprayed materials, but which can also deliver a hard whack.
Damage: 2d4 MD

8 )(Optional)Modular Weapons(2)---The MixMaw has provision for shoulder-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. It has an effective IQ of 12.
Typically has the following:
Baseline Shemarrian Animal Programming, plus:
General Repair and Maintenance 90%
Salvage 90%
Mining & Excavation 85%
Recycling 95%
Masonry 80%
Chemistry 98%
Chemistry: Analytical 80%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the MixMaw intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, and Whittling & Sculpting.

Dodge +2
Roll +2
Parry +4
Bite 2d4 MD
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 1d6 MD
Power Punch (2 attacks) 2d6 MD
Kick 1d6 MD
Tail Lash 1d6 MD
Tail Smack 2d4 MD
Stomp Not possible(legs are too short)
Body Block/Ram 2d4 MD
Critical Strike on a Natural 19-20.

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the MixMaw an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. MixMaws are something of idiot-prodigies; extremely smart in very narrow focused ways, but lacking in acuity in other areas. They are normally placid and bovine-like in their behavior, working well with others, especially other utility Warmounts like the Shelong and Slingtail, and enimals like Mooncalves. The MixMaw works well in groups, as part of a structured team, assembly line, or process.

Options:
-Supplemental Processing Modules---The MixMaw is sometimes attached to external processing modules that give the Warmount added capacity for large volume processing jobs, or provide the necessary equipment for processes the MixMaw cannot conduct on its own. The addition of these extra modules more often than not reduce, if not completely eliminate, the MixMaw’s mobility, relegating it to the status of part of a larger machinery array or complex.

Variants:
*EcoS-K-68SmS---Silver Moon spaceborne variant that trades ground mobility for space mobility. The EcoS-K-68SmS is distinguished by its array of solar ‘wings’ mounted on its leg joints, and is powered through space by a combination of low-powered solar-powered ion arrays, vented waste gas, and very low powered gravitational traction. It can only run under terrestrial gravity conditions at a meager 25 MPH, cam can thrust through space at roughly 95 MPH. The EcoS-K-68SmS is most commonly deployed in zero-gee mining and construction projects.

*EcoS-Kmm-68---So-called ‘baby MixMaw’, possibly ‘bred’ from Vatfather-produced prototypes. The ‘baby’ is a go-cart-sized miniature with only 10% of the same MDC values, 25% of the physical performance values, and 10% of the internal capacity. EcoS-Kmm-68s are typically used for smaller batch work, private domicile repair, small scale projects, and more specialized tasks. EShemarrian ‘chefs’ often use EcoS-Kmm-68s as ‘candy-mixers’, producing specialty compounds for EShemar ‘cuisine’(and occasionally for NeShemar and guest metabolisms). These latter dedicated ‘glorified food processors’ are often programmed with Cooking(85%) as a skill.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
Welcome to the joy that is the expanding upon the awesome idea that is the EShemarrians. We can always use more tribes, warmounts, elites, upgrades, etc etc. Don't be afraid to post stuff. I usually run a few things by taalismn (partly for grammar, partly for making sure idea has right feel for any tribe specific stuff, and suggestions), but feel free to ask anyone here. We all have ideas that others haven't thought of and we're here to help expand and enjoy!

Imdeed...Human beings are pretty much cast as the Megaverse's rodents, but with incredible potential...Shemarrians are, by extension, the children of Humanity(or maybe the GRANDCHILDREN) who have inherited some of that vast potential, combined with the rapid prototyping and guided design possible to Machine septs. :D
Pretty much even if we disagree with somebody's material on the Shemarrians, we can still use it....as an enemy, a source of looted/reverse-engineered technology, or a dramatic element in the setting.

And I like the idea of an NSA/CIA/MITHRIL/SHADO/Etc... The scary thing being, the Ghost Riders considered themselves the Ninja Tribe, then the Wayfinders came up with actual EShemar ninja, then the Lost Eclipse ninja'ed them both....the idea of something even MORE secret and stealthy than those three Tribes?
:frazz:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[

Imdeed...Human beings are pretty much cast as the Megaverse's rodents, but with incredible potential...Shemarrians are, by extension, the children of Humanity(or maybe the GRANDCHILDREN) who have inherited some of that vast potential, combined with the rapid prototyping and guided design possible to Machine septs. :D
Pretty much even if we disagree with somebody's material on the Shemarrians, we can still use it....as an enemy, a source of looted/reverse-engineered technology, or a dramatic element in the setting.

And I like the idea of an NSA/CIA/MITHRIL/SHADO/Etc... The scary thing being, the Ghost Riders considered themselves the Ninja Tribe, then the Wayfinders came up with actual EShemar ninja, then the Lost Eclipse ninja'ed them both....the idea of something even MORE secret and stealthy than those three Tribes?
:frazz:

Yeah, would have posted today, but got a bad stomach flu. Should be okay enough tomarrow morning to keep going with the work.

Anyways, the idea is like a cross between mission impossible and burn notice. Small strike teams made up of all members and some trusted outside help to take on the things that is really delicate. Political missions, some assassination if the person is Despicable enough. Going into areas posing a buyers for slaves as a prelude to an attack. Undercover spy stuff, something that also would border on "Inglourious Bastards" level of epic attacks of attention. Just replace the "Jewish" guy that comes out of the tunnel with a skullcrusher and the Nazi with spugoth or their minions. And membership is a requirement for these kinds of missions and absolute stealth is mandatory. And unlike the bad guys in burn notice, they are not ***** about it and won't ruin your life to get you to work for them. But they don't take no for any kind of answer for the recruitment. But most of the time the targets and missions are just the right kind of crazy to get everyone on board. The Dark swords are going to be the Ninja Tribe with alot of female help from rifts japan, little bit of Naruto for their skills and ablities, and a dash of Mecha for good measure from maybe robotech. The Shadow Blades are going to be the name of the organization. All totally deniable, and free to do what they want without answering to anyone save the war goddess and those serving and be under them. A good bit of this isn't it out but again I got sick today so I couldn't post. I'm going to also have to revitalize it because some things have changed when I have to sit and think all day. Again this is just a rough outline of what I want to give the community.
taalismn
Priest

Sounds good....
I should have the art for the MixMaw up tomorrow.
Anything else will take a little extra time...had one bad night-commute home thru a snowstorm that I'm still recovering from....I'm sure I left my fingerprints GOUGED into the steering wheel.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Still suffering from stomach aches, need to still rest, tried to work on shadowblades and darkswords. But it is way to draining to even post more then this. Will try again tomorrow, with any luck I am better and will have something to post.
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx wrote:Still suffering from stomach aches, need to still rest, tried to work on shadowblades and darkswords. But it is way to draining to even post more then this. Will try again tomorrow, with any luck I am better and will have something to post.

S'right. Concentrate on getting better. I have my hands full cursing the designers of the exhaust system of '91 Honda Civics.
Wonderful cars, but they have a nasty predilection of dropping their mufflers at the most INCONVENIENT times(I've dragged mine three times already).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Still muddling through the disaster area that is my creative mind...
I DO have some progression for the S.S.N., but I've been kinda busy with my Roll20 Rifts campaign (not involving da goilz) so it's been hard to focus on creative writing outside of the context of my own games' narative.

That and I'm kinda leary of posting anything since that rat-fink narc'd on me last year for spite so I had to erase over 5 days worth of work in the forums.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:
Mercenaryx wrote:Still suffering from stomach aches, need to still rest, tried to work on shadowblades and darkswords. But it is way to draining to even post more then this. Will try again tomorrow, with any luck I am better and will have something to post.

S'right. Concentrate on getting better. I have my hands full cursing the designers of the exhaust system of '91 Honda Civics.
Wonderful cars, but they have a nasty predilection of dropping their mufflers at the most INCONVENIENT times(I've dragged mine three times already).

My dad works on Cars. Owns his own shop. Vista Independent car repair.

anyways, here's the last part of the journal before I go into the Culture facts about this orginzation and the tirbe, I hope you can see what I am going for. A tragic past, and one that is looking for redemption. I hope so far that I've met the expectations of everyone here. I can only hope above all that i met my own since I set too high a standard for myself. Ether way, here is part 4 of the Journal and a bit of soul searching reflection.

-

My name is Evian, and I'm a Goddess reincarnated, I am responsible for the Ecotroz, for they are the souls of my people lost to time, and I am the one that killed our people forcing them to become the Ecotroz.

I look back at all I have done, the arrogance that let me commit the sins that lead me to this point. The anger with which killed my fellow Goddess and unleashed the Splugorth on our homeworld, the rage I brought to bare to wipe all traces of Splugorth and prevent them from escapeing to their fellows to inform them, which in turn wiped all traces of those I was to protect.

My name is Evian, it means 'the precursor' in your language. For I take this name as punishment for my sins, it is a reminder of the horrors, of the blood that I have stained myself with. It also has another meaning, 'Unforgiven', for that is what I am, unforgivable. Yet that title is what drives me to seek redemption, it is what reminds me of what I want most in my life.

“I want to be forgiven.”

I am so so very sorry for what I did, both in bring ruin and end to my people, and what I did to save them. May all of creation show me mercy for what I have unleashed on this world, this Earth. I knew it was a huge fool's chance I took, and the lives I have harmed. I look at these hands of mine, I clinch them trying to will away all the blood on them. Knowing it will never go away, of how these hands are not my own and yet they are. Of the poor human that I assimilated into my being, I can still feel hints of...him, her? What does it matter now, we are all one personality, I can feel both ends of the two people that I started from. The Goddess that took over, and the human who lives in me, I can remember enough of his, no my past, both pasts. And it is all I can do with accept it without going mad, it keeps me up at night, if I didn't need more then a three to four hours sleep, I might not be able to carry on.

The many children that spawned from the seeds I planted in Hagan have bore the forms that they needed, no matter how corrupted in form it may have become, the spirit of my people however still runs stronger then any corruption Hagan can try, I would say his sex is the weakest, but instead I feel pity for any gender that has him as a member. How it was his fantasies that made it easier for me to lead them on like puppets on strings, but I have watched this war between the forces of Archie and Hagan and the EShemarrians, It has not gone as I would have hopped, and has forced me to be more involved once more in the lives of my people.

It is this reason that I have once again taken up the mantel of responsibility, but this time I will do so from the shadows, be the blades that strike where needed, and parry those that come for them. To fight the darkness unafraid, to help those that need it the most, whether they know it or not that they are being helped.

That is why I am leading this group, we are the Blades from the Shadows, or Shadowblades as this will be called, but to support this ideal I will need my own tribe, my own clan, I have already a number of EShemarrians who have found me and joined me in secret, their war Goddess know of my existence but have promised me that they themselves will never speak of me or my actions to any but a select few. They know of my nature, they know of some of my past, and it is also ironic really if you think about it. Their Goddess, the one that has saved them, helped bring about their birth in this world, and has done everything she can to give them a second chance at live is the biggest Pariah of all, if only they knew.

Still, all this time I an never went into details of why I am a Pariah of a Goddess, and I never will, my crime is mine alone, one that I must atone for. Maybe someday I will go and explain what I did more fully, but I also am restricted in what I remember, for there is still a few things missing from what I recall, some holes in things I need to find a way to recover, but that is not here nor there. Right now for the Shadowblades to work we need a full tribe, a full clan of stealth warriors, true ninjas, true masters of Shadows.

For this reason I am going to Japan, a former coalition state transport pilot who was saved by the Hawkmoon and became a NeShemar is going to be taking me there in her transport, I hear a call, I hear the cry of someone or something calling me, calling for help. I will answer this call, I will see what this brings me, and I hope my time is not wasted nor delayed, the war between the Free Shemar and the ones under Archie has not begun proper yet, but it is bubbling, and it is going to spill over into a civil war, and one that my children will lose if they are not untied and organized into a proper fighting force.

-

Culture notes to come soon, but for now I will let your imaginations run wild here.
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

This kind of reminds me of this: http://www.elfwood.com/u/andersson2/ima ... tle-gorger

Hey Taalismn, think you can use this for either the EShemarrians or something that Archie might unleash and then blame it on the Spugoth? There should be a version where if you get caught by it, you become a demonic possessed centaur, alot of boobies warnings.
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx wrote:

This kind of reminds me of this: http://www.elfwood.com/u/andersson2/ima ... tle-gorger

Hey Taalismn, think you can use this for either the EShemarrians or something that Archie might unleash and then blame it on the Spugoth? There should be a version where if you get caught by it, you become a demonic possessed centaur, alot of boobies warnings.

You know, it's giving me ideas for a sort of cyborg boschala...or nanite-based battlefield salvager that oozes onto the battlefield and begins scraping up and revitalizing damaged weapons systems. Imagine such a beastie set loose on a CS battlefield covered in ruined skelebots, power armors, or cyborgs.... :twisted:

And I simply LOVE what you've done with the origins of the Ecotroz. She comes across as passionate and empathetic. :heart:
Yeah, it's one religious connection to the EShemar.

Others to consider:
-Other gods and goddesses who decide to 'poach' some followers by claiming to be Shemarrian deities.
-The Quantum Goddess---Wayfinders experimenting with extremely advanced quantum computing in the void between galaxies accidentally create a super-AI who declares herself/itself the embodiment of the EShemar gestalt and its latest 'goddess'.
-Goddess by Mistake---There's Ava, who's wandering round accidentally gathering followers and true believers...and in Rifts Earth, belief can attract power, and get enough of it...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Ava Seirin; "AAAAAAACHOOO!" :oops: :erm:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:Ava Seirin; "AAAAAAACHOOO!" :oops: :erm:

So much for her having a dainty sneeze... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:
Mercenaryx wrote:

You know, it's giving me ideas for a sort of cyborg boschala...or nanite-based battlefield salvager that oozes onto the battlefield and begins scraping up and revitalizing damaged weapons systems. Imagine such a beastie set loose on a CS battlefield covered in ruined skelebots, power armors, or cyborgs.... :twisted:

And I simply LOVE what you've done with the origins of the Ecotroz. She comes across as passionate and empathetic. :heart:

Others to consider:
-Other gods and goddesses who decide to 'poach' some followers by claiming to be Shemarrian deities.
-The Quantum Goddess---Wayfinders experimenting with extremely advanced quantum computing in the void between galaxies accidentally create a super-AI who declares herself/itself the embodiment of the EShemar gestalt and its latest 'goddess'.
-Goddess by Mistake---There's Ava, who's wandering round accidentally gathering followers and true believers...and in Rifts Earth, belief can attract power, and get enough of it...

Ava she would get along fine to the point that Eve (nickname) would go so much as adopt her into the Devine family, she reminds her of her lost family during happier times.

Other gods and Goddess well, she is very protective so she will guard against others, doublely so if they won't talk to her first.

But we will find out more about that later.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Mercenaryx wrote:
taalismn wrote:
Mercenaryx wrote:

Others to consider:

Ava she would get along fine to the point that Eve (nickname) would go so much as adopt her into the Devine family, she reminds her of her lost family during happier times.

Other gods and Goddess well, she is very protective so she will guard against others, doublely so if they won't talk to her first.

But we will find out more about that later.

the Hilarious part? My character Alecia Devreis that the "Alecians" think is their patron. In our campaign actually is a Goddess And her primary "descriptor" actually would cover ALL shemarians (as well as others... )

Alecia DeVreis Goddess of High Tech Warfare is her "tag line" that describes her pretty well.
what would be incredibly amusing is if she actually got enough "faith energy" from her followers that she could empower "priests and worshipers" would be even MORE amusing...
because it could get to the point that it actually created some kind of (minor) feedback cycle.

One of her Deific abilities (she currently can only use it 1x/week) is techno intervention. The best way to explain it is if she has an advanced technological device that has a relatively simple malfunction (weak ability she is a minor deity currently) she can "command it to function" or not function, and it will example you have a broken weapon or device that she doesn't even need to know how it works, say a weapon from S.T. or the equivalent, she and its energy cell is broken and discharged she commands it, and the energy cell is fully functional and will have at least 1 "charge" in it if it was functional but completely drained? fully charged.
taalismn
Priest

AUUGA-CHAKA-AUUGA-CHAKA-AUUGA-AUUGA
"LET US NOT FOGET THE GREAT ANIMAL SPIRITS, THE SERPENT, THE GREAT CAT, THE MIGHTY WOLF, THE WASP MIND, THE FIERCE HAWK!"
"DARE NOT FORGET THE NATURE SPIRITS, THE FIRE THAT CLEANSES, THE SILVER MOON, THE SOUL OF GREEN GAIA, THE FAR STARS, THE HEART OF STEEL, THE STRONG DARK EARTH!"
"ALL ARE THE SPIRIT OF SHEMAR! THE SOUL STUFF THAT MAKES US STRONG! SO MUCH THAT IS DIVINE!"
"FOR WE ARE SHEMAR!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Welcome to the crew Merc of ten aka X, best of luck working on the shadowblades. So patient zero of the ecotroz has revealed herself, the Hoytmind will have to factor in these developments while getting to know this tech-arcane woobie goddess.

In other news, great work on the Mixmaw.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I was wondering.. has anyone thought about maybe creating a wikia for the EShemarrians? I mean we've got a lot of info for them.. and ever growing.. Would make searching for some info easier than searching 55+ pages for something specific, since the palladium boards limit how many url links per post there are, so creating a master list with links here don't work too well (I tried once).

Just curious, that's all.
taalismn
Priest

I opt out of being elected to set one up because I have NO set-up experience...otherwise I'd already have a few webpages of my stuff... :D
Yeah, I'm THAT badly organized...
But I've very proud of Mercenaryx of tackling both a Tribe I'd had no solid ideas for and an overall origin story. I sort of feel like a Sith Master who's suddenly aware of the inescapable trap his apprentice has set for him going into operation and smiles; "you clever little bastard, I'm so PROU-". :D :wink:
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I opt out of being elected to set one up because I have NO set-up experience...otherwise I'd already have a few webpages of my stuff... :D
But I've very proud of Mercenaryx of tackling both an Tribe I'd had no solid ideas for and an overall origin story. I sort of feel like a Sith Master who's suddenly aware of the inescapable trap his apprentice has set for him going into operation and smiles; "you clever little bastard, I'm so PROU-". :D :wink:

I've never played with the creation end of a wikia before (just read a few), but in theory probably shouldn't be that hard.. I mean just organize stuff by Advanced Culture info, planets, by tribes.. and sub categories for tribe specific elites, warmounts, ships and equipment.. and links to a master category for elites, ships, warmounts, weapons, etc..
Just time consuming I'd imagine..

Maybe something someone can look into..
taalismn
Priest

Oh, and how Hagan would plutz himself if he found out his brilliant brainstorm for the Shemarrians was actually planted on him by an alien goddess...Save it for the 'Reason You Suck' speech given when the EShemarrians crush him body and soul.

Of course, he'd snark all the way about doing all the heavy lifting.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

"I aint takin' no stinkin field promotion!"
~ Sister Hr'l'ann Elysun; Ghost-Rider Tribe

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:

"I aint takin' no stinkin field promotion!"
~ Sister Hr'l'ann Elysun; Ghost-Rider Tribe

I am now imagining an EShemarrian Ghost-Rider Quantum Goddess taking on AM for being an AI bastard-god. :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:I opt out of being elected to set one up because I have NO set-up experience...otherwise I'd already have a few webpages of my stuff... :D
But I've very proud of Mercenaryx of tackling both an Tribe I'd had no solid ideas for and an overall origin story. I sort of feel like a Sith Master who's suddenly aware of the inescapable trap his apprentice has set for him going into operation and smiles; "you clever little bastard, I'm so PROU-". :D :wink:

I've never played with the creation end of a wikia before (just read a few), but in theory probably shouldn't be that hard.. I mean just organize stuff by Advanced Culture info, planets, by tribes.. and sub categories for tribe specific elites, warmounts, ships and equipment.. and links to a master category for elites, ships, warmounts, weapons, etc..
Just time consuming I'd imagine..

I might be able to do it, but don't count on me, I know a few people, I'll see what I can do, but I have a bad feeling that it might be for not if don't get anything good on my end.

Okay, Got a simple http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/EShem ... -welcome=1 WIKIA page going, but it's pretty much blank, and I will need help with someone getting all the info on this stuff, I'll try and post, but it would help if I can get someone to also help me, like with images and links to all that are still good. This is going to take some work, also if anyone can draw to help. I've been told by friends that it's not easy to do this. But it can be done as long as someone can help me with a bit of the layouts and stuch and I can just cut and paste things in there.
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx wrote:[
Okay, Got a simple http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/EShem ... -welcome=1 WIKIA page going, but it's pretty much blank, and I will need help with someone getting all the info on this stuff, I'll try and post, but it would help if I can get someone to also help me, like with images and links to all that are still good. This is going to take some work, also if anyone can draw to help. I've been told by friends that it's not easy to do this. But it can be done as long as someone can help me with a bit of the layouts and stuch and I can just cut and paste things in there.

Thanks for setting that up...I've already added a tentative introduction to set things up.

Those creations of mine that have art already have links to my Photobucket account, so I hope that helps.

I think, just to cover basics, we also should see about posting the Palladium Disclaimers somewhere on the Wiki...might already be a usable copy on the Rifts wiki: http://rifts.wikia.com/wiki/Rifts_Wiki
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

taalismn wrote:

Thanks for setting that up...I've already added a tentative introduction to set things up.

Those creations of mine that have art already have links to my Photobucket account, so I hope that helps.

I think, just to cover basics, we also should see about posting the Palladium Disclaimers somewhere on the Wiki...might already be a usable copy on the Rifts wiki: http://rifts.wikia.com/wiki/Rifts_Wiki

Now if I can only remember my basic web design classes.
taalismn
Priest

And I find myself wondering if my old notes on HTML formatting would be applicable.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

And I find myself wondering if my old notes on HTML formatting would be applicable.

My HTML and java skills are pretty rusty..
I've also started copying stuff from the forum into my OneNote (divided by tribes and subcategories for notes, elites, warmounts, ships and equipment, with other categories for generic info like some of the advanced cultural notes and stuff that is not tribe specific).
I could send a pdf copy once I get it all gathered to everyone who wants it.
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

I've also started copying stuff from the forum into my OneNote (divided by tribes and subcategories for notes, elites, warmounts, ships and equipment, with other categories for generic info like some of the advanced cultural notes and stuff that is not tribe specific).

If we can get pictures of them to go with the warmounts or any of the other things.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Mercenaryx wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

If we can get pictures of them to go with the warmounts or any of the other things.

taalismn has done art for several of the warmounts, ships and elites, which have links with the descriptions to his photobucket account.
taalismn
Priest

Yep...sometimes the delay in posting a new warmount or elite was a desire to release it simultaneously with the accompanying art. Sometimes I need to get the art done before I can finish the writing, because the art gives me something to wrap my head around and better define the idea. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”