Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:Ok, Krakaterra uploaded, with a little different formatting to the Vulcar.. I used bullets within the false magic section to organize it better. Let me know if that looks better than how the Vulcar is, and if you guys like it, I'll fix the Vulcar to match.

So far, all (that I know of) Blood Rider elites are uploaded to the wikia now.

Edit: I just realized something while doing the Incindar.. We don't put stats for IQ, ME, MA and PB for most Elites, which I can understand for rolling for individuals.. but what about Warmounts? What do we roll for their IQ, ME, MA and PB? As many are 'living' (at least psychically), and not robotic (except for the few warmounts or units that are just robotic drones like the Dissolver Zombie).

It's mentioned under Programming that the Incindar has an IQ of 10...as for PB? It's hard to define the P,B. of something like looks like mad mechanic's rendering of an animal...and Palladium doesn't assign MAs to animals.....compare the possible intimidation/MA of a rat and a tiger...A tiger might be more menacing stalking you in the wild, but some idiot tourists see them as cute and cuddly...whereas a rat can be downright menacing if you find it sitting on your chest in a dungeon, about to chew off your nose. The really SCARY animals get a Horror Factor, or if they're supernaturally cute, a Mind Control attack or a 'Dawwwww..' .Factor.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Ok, Krakaterra uploaded, with a little different formatting to the Vulcar.. I used bullets within the false magic section to organize it better. Let me know if that looks better than how the Vulcar is, and if you guys like it, I'll fix the Vulcar to match.

So far, all (that I know of) Blood Rider elites are uploaded to the wikia now.

Edit: I just realized something while doing the Incindar.. We don't put stats for IQ, ME, MA and PB for most Elites, which I can understand for rolling for individuals.. but what about Warmounts? What do we roll for their IQ, ME, MA and PB? As many are 'living' (at least psychically), and not robotic (except for the few warmounts or units that are just robotic drones like the Dissolver Zombie).

It's mentioned under Programming that the Incindar has an IQ of 10...as for PB? It's hard to define the P,B. of something like looks like mad mechanic's rendering of an animal...and Palladium doesn't assign MAs to animals.....compare the possible intimidation/MA of a rat and a tiger...A tiger might be more menacing stalking you in the wild, but some idiot tourists see them as cute and cuddly...whereas a rat can be downright menacing if you find it sitting on your chest in a dungeon, about to chew off your nose. The really SCARY animals get a Horror Factor, or if they're supernaturally cute, a Mind Control attack or a 'Dawwwww..' .Factor.

This is true.. I did find the IQ under the programming (it's up now btw). Now I gotta remember if I put an IQ on the Dissolver or not.. Also, not all Warmounts have IQs listed. The Pyrolyte doesn't seem to have one listed.

Also.. I have a page for Warmounts and cyberanimals/E-nimals or whatever we're calling non-warmount creatures. I haven't added many to the list as the Warmounts are only listed by their designation (yes, more work for you taalismn :? )

So.. Blood Rider is almost finished.. 3 elites, 1 warmount, a bunch of their weapons posted. Just need to get last two warmounts (pyrolyte, dredadon), plus their ships done up. I need to do an infobox for ships now.. at least I can copy warmount/armour for that and just alter as I go.

Any complaints/critiques/suggestions/compliments in how the info is laid out so far?
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I have now made a fun discovery for doing the infoboxes, which means I need to redo the elite and warmount infoboxes (at least not many of each I have to fix).
NOW instead of me trying to come up with dozens of possible parts of each (sensor fins, armatures, scythe wings, etc), it is now possible to enter the NAME of the part, then the MDC of the part! Oh happy day for this discovery, a it saves so many lines of redundant or possibly useless coding and should load a little faster now too.

Also, only the Dazla left to upload for the Blood Riders and I can say one tribe is fully uploaded!
taalismn
Priest

‘Scarin’Aquatic Vehicle
(aka ‘garouper’, ‘Epiner’)

“I’m not worried about whether we can sneak up on the target for the snatch-job, I’m worried about the captain of the target mistaking us for real game and coming at us intent on mounting our sub on his den wall!”

((“Okay, everybody, out and into it! And remember where we parked the car!”))
(“..Anchored to the steeple of the central temple of the creepy sunken city. Right! Anybody else have any misgivings about this particular pursuit of knowledge?”)

---Heard during a Wayfinder oceanic exploration mission.

The ‘Scarin’ submersible is an example of a simple idea getting away with the engineers. Originally concieved of by Wayfinder TechnoWizards to adapt the design of a pre-Rifts U.S. Navy Swimmer Delivery Vehicle to give them a basic underwater taxi for exploring the Western Seaboard’s coastline, the original idea quickly morphed into a Jules Verne-esque vehicle, and then into a lifelike stealth vehicle.
The initial straightfoward conversion of the SDV was modifed first with hydrojets replacing the propellor, then with the addition of flexing cybernetic tail and fin surfaces, when Wayfinder engineers decided that a slower, but more natural, secondary mode of propulsion could be used to sneak up on wildlife for observation. With that thought, the original anechoic hull was reconfigured with fake skin and additional robotics to disguise the hard vehicular lines. Then came the auxiliary systems, and by the time the Wayfinders FINALLY released their simple ‘taxi’, the Scarin had become a giant cyborg fish. The original small submarine design has been ultimately replaced by a large piscene frame vehicle resembling a very large parrotfish or grouper. Muscular fins can push the submarine in a perfectly natural fashion, though concealed hydrojets allow for high speed propulsion when needed.
Internally, the crew and passengers sit in a large cylinderical central compartment accessed by a ‘bomb bay’ door in the belly of the ‘fish’. In an emergency, the passengers can use special blow-out side hatches, but use of these escape routes does damage the disguise integrity of the Scarin, revealing it to observers for what it really is. The Scarin is a ‘wet sub’, meaning that the internal compartment is freeflooding. Those passengers who need life support must wear some sort of breather apparatus and preferably some temperature protection in order to keep breathing and comfortable(fortunately, when airbreathers are expected aboard, the EShemar can fit the sub with supplemental sir supplies and power hookups).
The Scarin sports a small hydraulic mouth that can deliver an armor-cracking bite. Two concealed hardpont slots in the sides can be used to carry additional cargo, or weapons pods, such as torpedo launchers or mines.
The Scarin can be piloted like a conventional vehicle, or it can be run semi-autonomously under the control of an onboard robotic drone A.I. The drone system is fairly simple-minded and not sentient, but can be tasked with simple orders and action-plans, allowing the Scarin to be used for remote patrol, oceanographic survey, and kamikaze actions.
The Scarin is often mistaken for an aquatic version of the Maskirovan Warmount. The addition of a robotic drone mode only further confuses the issue, and indeed, the Scarin, like the Galehawk Heavy Lift Aerodyne, CAN be Awakened with an Ecotroz Essence, making it a borderline Warmount or aquatic myrmidon, but the Scarin is rarely ever Awakened. Most operators prefer to keep it as a simple vehicle or expendable drone.
Scarins originated with the Wayfinders, but the Darkwaters, who have few qualms about using vehicles, quickly acquired the design from them. The design has also been observed being used by the Horrorwoods and Lost Eclipse, and fringe tribe Clan Shelley has acquired a few for use by their Gilloc amphibians.

Type: EShe-AUSDV-02
Class: Small Submersible
Crew: 2 +1-4 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 220
Tail 80
Jaw 80
Height: 6 ft
Width: 5.3 ft
Length: 26 ft
Weight: 4,120 Kg (9,000 lbs)
Cargo: 2 x 900kg(1,980 lbs) external stores (storage containers, mobile mines, limpet mine assemblies (LAM), Combat Rapid Attack Weapon (CRAW) / Common Very Light Weight Torpedo (CVLWT), missiles or torpedoes)
Powerplant: Electric Power Cell(900 mile range) or Nuclear(10 year energy life)
Speed: (Underwater) 15 MPH via swimming or 50 MPH using hydrojet propulsion. Effective depth limit of 2 miles(but limited by the pressure tolerance of its passengers)
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the EShemarrian Nation
Systems of Note:
*Twin Retractable Periscope Masts(disguised among the dorsal fins)
*Depth Gauge
*Basic Optical Sensor
*Low-Lite Optics
*Spotlight
*Radio: 100 mile range
*Underwater Phone: Effective range of 25 miles
*Sonar: 5 mile range
*Inertial Compass

*CyberDisguise---This is used to alter the individual appearance of the apparent animal, changing scale texture, patterning, fin shape, distinctive bumps, ridges, scars, and other features, including apparent gender if necessary, to conceal its identity. The Scarin will still look like a big fish, but specific species and individuality can be altered(so anybody paying close attention won’t be wondering what a giant mega-grouper with a notch in its tail and blue speckles seems to have followed them the last hundred or so miles across the ocean).

*PPE Decoy Packs---These are the same gel-packs used to give Shemarrians trace PPE and/or spellcasting power reserves. The ‘packs, in this case, are used to give the Scarin disguise PPE, and the number of packs is adjustable, giving the vehicle 1d6-4d6 PPE.

*Stealth Sheathing----The drone has only an 11% chance of being spotted by radar and active sonar.

*Silent Running----The drone has only an 10% chance of being detected by passive sonar, when using its fins to swim. Chance of detection rises to 30% if the hydrojets are engaged.

Weapons Systems:
1) Bite---Like the parrotfish it is named after, the Scarin has a small mouth with powerful jaws that can deliver an armor-cracking bite, though it is more often used for gnawing through nets, anchor chains, and underwater wrecks and structures.
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d6 MD

2) Hardpoints---The Scarin conceals two slots for modular weaponry, one on each side, under the lateral flanks.
a) Mines---Limpet or free-standing.
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
b) Mini-Torpedoes---20 shot pod
c) Short Range Torpedoes---3 shot pod
d) Medium Range Torpedo--1 per hardpoint
e) Rail Gun Pod---A copy of the Kittani Underwater Rail Gun, repackaged.
Range: 1,000 ft underwater, 2,500 ft in air.
Damage: 1d4 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD heavy burst(40 rounds).
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 1120 round drum(28 bursts)
f) Cargo---1,980 lbs per hardpoint
g) Sensors---Specialized sensor pallets can be fitted, such as side-scan radar, chemical sniffers, PPE detectors, mapping systems, etc.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: (5 From Combat Program*)
Initiative +2
Strike+3
Parry +3(if fitted with appendages)
Dodge +1
Programming:
Radio: Basic 90%
Underwater Navigation 85%

Options:
*Laser Eyes----Standard Shemarrian eye lasers, modulated for blue-green frequencies. Most commonly two are mounted, but depending on the creature being imitated, more may be mounted.
Range: 3,000 ft in air and underwater
Damage: 3d6 MD for one eye blast, 6d6 MD for both firing simultaneously
Payload: 100 shot battery or Effectively Unlimited if nuclear powered

*Tentacles(2-6)---Tentacles can be added, typically around the mouth, but sometimes, like a sea robin’s, on the stomach. Each has a 6 ft reach, Robotic P.S. of 20, P.P. of 20, MDC 40, and act just like the Tentacle appendages described on pg. 31 of the Rifts Sourcebook One, Revised.

*Chemical Dispersal System---This system is typically used to dispense colorless repellent chemicals into the water, so the Scarin isn’t bothered by predators, but it can also be used to spread fish attractants(the better to hide in a school), or decoy chemicals(such as an ink cloud or gill-clog.
Range: 50 ft, and can be narrow-spray or area of effect(typically a 20 ft wide area for stench attacks)
Damage: Varies by chemical;
Ink Cloud---Injects a water-absorbent powder that quickly gels into a thick suspension that blocks light, clogs gills, and fouls sonar. Though not as potent as the Kittani gill-clog material, it’s still fairly effective at choking off gill-breathing pursuit.
Covers a 40 ft area. Depending on water conditions, the cloud can persist for 1d4 minutes.
Those caught in the cloud are effectively BLINDED; -5 to strike, parry, dodge, and entangle The particulate nature of the material makes sonar systems less effective as well; -60% to attempts to use sonar reading through the cloud. Gill-breathers must roll a 16 or better or be -6 on initiative, -6 to strike, parry, and dodge, and reduce Speed, melee attacks, and skill performance by -50%. Upon exiting the cloud, penalties are reduced by HALF, but persist for 1d6 minutes.
Payload: 50 doses of up to 5 different chemicals each(or 250 applications total).

*Hull-Zapper System---Emulates the electric eel by discharging a powerful electrical current into the skin and surrounding water, powerful enough to stun or kill unprotected targets.
Range: Contact+ 1-5 ft from the hull in the water.
Damage: 1d4 MD per contact with the hull, plus has effects similar to a Neural Mace.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 20 shot battery or Effectively Unlimited if nuclear powered

*Countermeasure Launcher---Mounted under the tail, it can fire off either deep flares or acoustic decoys:
Screamers are specialized one-use munitions that when fired, broadcast a massive burst of noise across all audio/sonic frequencies, with the intended effect of destroying acoustic target(sonar) locks, and allowing the sub to escape opponents using sonar to detect or track them. -60% to track the sub via sonar while the Screamer is in effect, while sonar-guided weapons are -10 to strike, plus acoustic-homing weapons will break target lock to attack the decoy.
Screamers also have the effect of stunning dolphins, whales, and other creatures using natural sonar and echo location. These creatures are disoriented/stunned for 1d4 melees.
A typical screamer will last 1d4 melees until it burns out or is destroyed.
Screamers can also be fused to ignite/activate anywhere up to a minute(4 melees) after deployment.
Note: Screamers will affect the user’s own sonar systems.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: None
Rate of Fire: Can fire off Screamers in salvos of 1 or 2
Payload: 10 per launcher.

*Deep Flares---Deep Flares are fast-burning underwater illumination sources used as distractions in deep sea operations. Though fairly useless as weapons, Deep Flares are effective at night and against deep-sea creatures sensitive to bright light.
Deep Flares will blind surprised targets for 1d4 melees(half all combat bonuses and skill rolls while trying to overcome temporary blindness). Useless against targets using sonar, or without eyes.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD if it scores a direct hit on a target; Otherwise, no damage, aside from possible flash disorientation. : Area of effect: 100 ft area in diameter(suspended silt/debris in the water may limit this).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1 or 2
Payload: 6 Deep Flares

*Self-Destruct---Fitted to keep Shemarrian Nation secrets out of the hands of others, but can also be augmented to do more destructive damage. Standard self-destruct charge is self-contained, doing 1dx100 MD to everything inside the sub’s hull and in a 10 ft radius, but can be increased to the equivalent of a 2,000 lb warhead(2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius) if necessary, or a 5,000 lb charge if wholly unmanned as a giant torpedo(4d4x100 MD to 100 ft blast radius).

Variants:
*EShe-AUSDV-02/a -This is the earlier obviously mechanical Jules Verne-esque version. It lacks the disguise features, has an earlier version of the anechoic hull(it is only 20% likely to go undetected by sonar systems, and mounts vibroblades in place of the snapping jaw. The side escape hatches are more easily accessed, however. The AUSDV-02/a is sometimes passed off as alien technology, sometimes as a relic of the ‘original Gilloc’ native technology if they forgo attempting to pass themselves off as simply clever primitives.
Note: If fitted with a Hull-Zapper system, the damage is raised to 1d6 MD and range DOUBLED.

*EShe-AUSDV-02Wf---Wayfinder Technowizardry-augmented version, powered by TW PPE power matrix systems. It can travel 25% faster on an underwater leyline, and has the following TW features:
-PPE Capacity:--- 400 PPE battery capacity; recharges at 20 PPE per hour, 60 PPE/hour at a leyline, 120 PPE/hour on a nexus

-PPE sensors---Detects the presence of high(20+) PPE concentrations, active magic, and ley lines in a 1,000 ft radius
-Super-Stealth(Invisibility: Superior) 3 minutes per 20 PPE.
-Chameleon Cloak-Useful for parking against a reef or other surface. One hour per 5 PPE(24 hours for 60 PPE).
-Protective Energy Field---50 MDC and 10 minutes’ duration for 10 PPE.
-Communicate with Sea Creature---20 minutes per 5 PPE.
-Impervious to Ocean Depths( 2 hours per 40 PPE pumped into the system)
-Sound Sponge(Affects a 240 ft wide area centered on the sub; 1 hour per 20 PPE.)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:‘Scarin’Aquatic Vehicle
(aka ‘garouper’, ‘Epiner’)

Nice!
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, I figured the Gillocs needed a cool ride until they could get their own Warmounts...maybe roboreplicas of the critters in Rifts Lemuria just to divert attention until they could openly declare 'allegiance' to the Shemarrian Nation.
Of course, the Wayfinders are also using these things to sneak around, in addition to other vehicles and vessels.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Yeah, I figured the Gillocs needed a cool ride until they could get their own Warmounts...maybe roboreplicas of the critters in Rifts Lemuria just to divert attention until they could openly declare 'allegiance' to the Shemarrian Nation.
Of course, the Wayfinders are also using these things to sneak around, in addition to other vehicles and vessels.

What's good for one tribe can be useful to another..

And I've now got all the Blood Rider stuff (except for maybe a few Advanced Cultural Notes I might be missing) up. Just have to finish altering a couple infoboxes with the new variable fields so that coding is much more smoother.

I still have some basics listed.. arms, hands, legs, wings, thrusters, bridge, body, etc for the relevant infobox, but so much easier with the variable field titles for the MDC section. So if there's any Blood Rider stuff I've missed so far, let me know and point to the page so I can get it up before I get to the next tribe!
taalismn
Priest

Last minute RL schedule re-arrangements have, again, left me with little spare time for the next week to do any serious writing/art, but at least I get this off:
The StingTongue, re-envisioned from its Northern Gun origins:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img615_zpsnxmwyiff.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Last minute RL schedule re-arrangements have, again, left me with little spare time for the next week to do any serious writing/art, but at least I get this off:
The StingTongue, re-envisioned from its Northern Gun origins:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img615_zpsnxmwyiff.jpg

Looking good. Take your time. Let's me slowly get more om the wikia to catch up with what's posted here.. Eventually..
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*Tip*
just making sure that this here thread doesn't sink to the next page over.
BTW; kudos on the wikia... looking good so far (though to be honest the Lost-Eclipse stuff really doesn't appeal; more a Hawkmoon / Bloodrider fan :erm: )
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Finally got a couple of days off to work on new stuff...Whee-haa!(provided it doesn't get so hot around here I'm more inclined to just doze the day away). We organics gotta rest up, y'know.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:*Tip*
just making sure that this here thread doesn't sink to the next page over.
BTW; kudos on the wikia... looking good so far (though to be honest the Lost-Eclipse stuff really doesn't appeal; more a Hawkmoon / Bloodrider fan :erm: )

Thanks. I do try, although been slow. With the new trick of filling in name of a part and mdc helps me fillout more stuff faster.
To each their own. I'm partial to Skullcrushers, Blood Riders and Wolf's Path myself, but do like some othe others from time to time. Can't focus on just one, creativity will dry up.

@ taalismn: huzzah to time off!
taalismn
Priest

Well, I used to think the Darkwaters would be my main focus, but I've sadly neglected them. My favorites to write for, though? Tough call...the Nightmares are fun because they're creepy off-thepwall; I can go really wild with them, but the Horrorwoods are easy to spin out Warmounts for. The Bloodriders are right in my backyard(I can see the Licthfield hills of Connecticut from my rear window), Silvermoons are all so shiny, and the Skullcrushers got a serious heavy artillery fetish that's easy to write for....and I've got all my Fringies to take care of...
I cannot choose just one!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

R'Mar, Shemarrian on Prisoners and Slavery, expanded http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/Ecotr ... r%E2%80%99) to include Sports, Holidays and music, http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/Civil_War expanded with Phase Two info done today.
taalismn
Priest

Chromites(Fringe Tribe)

(aka 'Chromians', 'Chromalites', 'Chromalite Order')

“Organic life is a potent force, yes, and it has spread from star to star, jumped galactic gulfs, and established its presence across the universe. However, it has only occupied and explored a mere fraction of what the universe is; jumping to a handful of rare warm rocky bodies, or huddling inside tiny pockets of warm and air of its own making, ignoring the vast cold and the turbulently hot. By merging the instinct, intuition and passion of the organic with the ready adaptability and resilience of the machine, we can create future generations that can embrace the universe in its entirety, not select fractions of it. “

“As a free cyborg entity I am no more enthralled with you self-declared ‘robolords’ enslaving humans than I am with humans enslaving sentient machines! My answer is the same! *click* Do you think you can dodge plasma?!”

“When we rescue somebody from rogue AIs, doctor, we’re supposed to repatriate them back to their homeworlds...not use them as test subjects.”
“Bah! What better way to thank us than to prove the validity of my work?!”

“Whattya mean ‘Change me back!!’? Why would you want to go back to what you were before? You’re perfect now! You can walk on the bottom of the ocean, walk on the moon, you’re bullet- and laser-proof, you need never worry about junk in the trunk, zits, the common cold, or STDs, and you’re virtually immortal! Girl, you don’t appreciate just how lucky you are right now! And then there’s the transformative abilit--I still don’t get you. ‘Nobody will love me now!!’? I’ve so often heard people complain that their significant other cares more about their personal vehicle than them! Well, you can turn into just about any personal vehicle you can imagine! You get your boyfriends coming AND going! You have the best of all possible worlds!. You ...You’re crying....You’re still confusing me...”
---Chromite Cybomaistro Wyzb’ng, to one of his test subjects

The Chromites are a fringe tribe that started as a cyberpunk pseudo-cult in the Three Galaxies that believed that the destiny of sentient organic life was to merge with its machine technology to create a perfect immortal hybrid lifeform capable of exploring and colonizing the megaverse.
The early Chromites were largely dismissed as cranks, or at worst borderline traitors to their species given the backlash against AI in the aftermath of the Automaton Wars. Even advanced bionics were viewed with suspicion in some quarters, and the ideas of the Chromites saw little support, in spite of their reasoned arguments with regards to more practical implementation of their ideals. The Chromites managed to survive, however, thanks to the bankrolling of a number of wealthy investors who saw bionic conversion as an attainable form of longevity, if not immortality, and were using the Chromites to further research in that direction. The Chromites also attracted a number of avant-garde cyberneticists and robotics experts to assist them with their research, if not wholly join the Chromite cause.
The Chromites ultimately fled the Human Alliance and the CCW because of their beliefs and actions, which included experimenting with Artificial Intelligence and nanotechnology, absolute no-nos given the paranoia amongst HA members with a memory of the Automaton Wars. They wandered the Three Galaxies before settling in the Central Alliance. It was here that they encountered the Shemarrians, and became enamored of the sentient android culture. Once they saw their first NeShemar Vada Transform, they knew they’d found their future path. They merged with several other smaller groups of cyborg-fetishists, but quickly divested themselves of the mere hangers-on, thugs, and machine-worshippers, in favor of a more intelligent and motivated member base, working towards perfecting cybernetic and bionic technologies. The Chromites also began volunteering to help the Shemarrians in their various activities, seeking a two-way exchange of ideas and resources. It was considered a great achievement and honor to the Chromites when they were invited to sit on the Low Council(jumping over several more vigorously-petitioning, but less promising, candidate groups), and allowed to immigrate into Shemarrian-held space. Since then, the Chromites have begun adapting various aspects of Shemarrian culture, with their female members taking the most enthusiastically to the Shemarrian aesthetic, and activities such as Warmount-riding.
Despite the portrayal in the popular media by some members of the Human Alliance, the Chromites are NOT machine worshippers, but sincerely believe that organics and machines are meant to be equals in meld, combining their respective strengths. The advantages of evolution and directed design, of individual initiative and networked cooperation, or passion and logic, must be combined and perfected, to create a workable ideal. Chromites believe that sentient machines should be held accountable for their actions as much as any organic, and thus refute the idea that machines are innately superior in their logic, or that organics hold eternal control over the self-aware products of their intellect.
On the positive side, this means that Chromites are sympathetic to AI rights, go out of their way to befriend and assist machine cultures like the Machine People, and are also fearless fighters against those machine cultures that do NOT respect sentient rights. Ironically, their very understanding of AI makes them some of the most effective anti-robot and anti-AI fighters around.
On the minus side, the Chromites have been accused of performing experiments in bionic and nanotech augmentation, as well as mind-transferrals, on innocent beings, either without their full knowledge of the risks, or entirely against their wills. The Chromites have also been accused of being knowing accomplices or unwitting patsies in supporting a number of controversial researches into nanotechnology, A.I., and robotics.
Though initially having been a pacifistic organization, more interested in pursuing research than personal power or combat, the sometimes violent persecution the Chromites have been subjected to, as well as the dangers faced on their long exile journeys, have made it necessary that they become effective soldiers. Though the Chromites would describe themselves as lovers or thinkers, rather than fighters, their hard-won defensive skills have served them in good stead when they settled in the Central Alliance, and helped smooth their adoption into the Shemarrian Star Nation. The more aggressive and outgoing Chromites may hire themselves out to deal with rogue robots and AIs, though they just as often manage to subdue and capture their targets as destroy them.
Though initially humanocentric, the Chromites have been gradually opening their doors to other species, especially machine-oriented ones, starting with the Machine People, and extending to the Kremin and Malvoren.
The Chromites are interested in bionics, nanotechnology, magic/psionics associated with machines, and transformative processes that can be applied to bridging the organic and the inorganic. They are aware of the Crysallians, for instance, and are fascinated by the exotic virus/fungus that transforms them into crystalline beings. The Malvoren ability to integrate with machinery also intrigues them no end, as do psionic abilities like Telemechanics and Telemechanic Possession. Some Chromites would even like to study the Mechanoids!
Since joining the Low Council, the Chromites have had occasion to visit other universes as guests of other tribes. This has allowed them to sample the technologies of other cultures and universes, and experiment with them. Of late, they’ve become enthused by some of their observations of Heroes Unlimited-style alternaties, and the superpowered transformations they’ve witnessed, especially those with machine-related powers. Some of what they’ve learned, they’ve already applied to nanotech augmentations.
Within the Shemarrian Star Nation, the Chromites function virtually as a think tank and private research group. Though law-abiding both within the charter laws of the SSN and the general concordances of the Three Galaxies, the Chromites have had their incidents with more enthusiastic evangelical members ‘spreading the faith’, or the more aggressively eccentric researchers(mad scientists) of their group breaking laws to acquire desired resources or conduct experiments(such as transformative nanotechnology).

Motif: Silver chrome hand with a galaxy cupped in its palm
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Photo%205%20copy_zpshl65e6rk.jpg

a)Origins:
Wannabes; the Chromites started out as a fringe cult dedicated to pursuing the goal of perfecting immortal organic-machine melding.

b)Where First Encountered
Three Galaxies, in the Central Alliance, where they’d immigrated from the CCW. They remain based there but have since traveled to other universes as well.

c)Tribe Size
Modest; 80,000 members. There are another possible 1d6x10,000 affiliates in the Central Alliance who have not gone fully over to join the Shemarrian Star Nation.

d)Tribe Organization
Meritocracy---The best, brightest, most motivated, and most productive lead the Chromites. This hasn’t always led to the BEST leadership for a given situation, but as the Chromites are a pretty mellow bunch(and heavily augmented), there hasn’t been too much trouble in sorting things out.

e)Tribal Composition
Not applicable with regards to traditional Shemarrian caste-configuration. The Chromites can be considered a mix of OCCs with bionic bodies, or machine-related OCCs such as Mechanical Engineers, Cyberpsychologists, CyberDocs
They’re also home to a few exotic types, like TechnoJackers(or equivalents-See Splicers RPG), or Heroes Unlimited-style Supersoldiers or Experiments.
Species-composition is roughly 77% human, 23% other. The Chromites would like to attract similar thinkers from other species.

f) Highest Caste Class
Not applicable. Individual members range in physical configuration from indistinguishable ‘hidden’ cyberhumanoids to massive ‘think tank’ robot-body cyborgs.

g) Gender Division
53% Male, 47% Female

h) Home Environment
Currently favors Earth-like worlds to facilitate recruiting, but the Chromites aim to become ‘citizens of the universe’, with ideal cyborg bodies able to withstand the rigors of just about any environment in the universe. For a time, before their exile from the CCW, the Chromites lived and worked on several high-gravity worlds seen as marginal by other humans, and thus considered to be effective sanctuaries for the bionically-enhanced Chromites.

i)Technology Level
Advanced; the Chromites are among the better-informed and knowledgeable about bionic technology and AI systems. They are particularly advanced in their use of nanotechnology, but have gone to lengths to protect themselves and assure others that they’re not about to unleash a ‘gray goo’ crisis on the Three Galaxies.
Since immigrating into the Shemarrian Star Nation, they’ve received some basic help in the form of Assembler Forges and CyboFabs, access to Progen, and the templates of basic Warmounts. They’ve also acquired a few base-model Shemarrian starships(such as the Goshawk and Rhinochon), though they retain several conventional generic transports to allow them to move about elsewhere in the Three Galaxies(and beyond) without advertising their affiliation to the SSN.

j) Relations with Outsiders:
Indifferent; the Chromites can be regarded as cold and impersonal to those who pigeonhole them as machine-worshippers, but by their own lights they claim their attitude stems from past unjust persecution. To those willing to listen to their philosophy with open minds, they are friendlier and more forthcoming.
The Chromites are on very good terms with the Central Alliance, but are still on shaky ground(thanks to several warrants) with the CCW(ironic, because the CCW has consulted the Chromites, through several middlemen, on matters of nanotechnology, such as T’zee weaponry and defenses against it).
The Chromites have never met the Denlech, but have heard enough about them to know that the two peoples should probably NEVER meet.
In their travels in the Manhunter universe, the Chromites managed to pick up a few extra adherents, but also managed to make enemies of both the Manhunters and the Church of the Void. In several other universes, they’ve gotten several machine species riled at them, and gotten more than a few individual humans suspicious of their motives, if not outright peeved at them, after several Chromite experiments without full consent.

k)Relations with Other ‘Shemarrians’
Open; the Chromites are enthusiastic about most Shemarrians and affiliated parties, but are not slavish in their adoration. They have their doubts and reservations about some members, such as the Lost Eclipse and the Ghost Riders, seeing in them echoes of the darker scenarios bandied about the Chromites themselves. They are cultivating working relationships with Clan Vespa(also interested in nanotech transformation), the Silvermoons, and the Wayfinders(who may seek to curb the more extreme Chromites). They have attempted to approach Clan Scelptor, seeing in the megabuilders the sort of great galactic engineers they’d like to be, but the reclusive Scelptors have largely ignored the Chromites.

l) Purpose
To become the perfect merging of flesh and machine, and explore the megaverse. Some Chromites see nothing wrong with aquiring a radically optimized form(akin to something like the Pyashche Probes), while others want to retain their baseline apperance(and see transfotmative nanotech as the solution). Some of the more eccentric/extreme Chromites want to uplift the general populace of sapients to ‘the next stage of directed bio-technological evolution’.

m) Preferred Mode of Combat
Techno-Attack; when engaged in combat, the Chromites prefer more subtle means to attack opponents, including hack-attacks, anti-tech monkey-wrenching, and application of nanoweaponry to overwhelm and undercut opponents. Being that they’re almost all full-conversion cyborgs, Chromites are also fair hands in individual combat, especially since many members love tricked-out combat bionics(especially concealed weaponry).

n) Unique Attributes
*Unique Technologies---The Chromites are experts in bionics, and have improved on the Vada Transformation. Their version(s), which can be considered roughly akin to the Heroes Unlimited Experiment(see Heroes Unlimited) or Supersoldier class(see Powers Unlimited Two) will tend to have as (one of) their Major Power selection(s) APS Metal, APS Plastic, APS Mercury, or Techno-Form.
*Combat Knowledge---Chromites are so familiar with cybernetics, bionics, and robotics, that they have unique insight into dealing with such systems. Individual Chromites may apply a +1 to the bonus categories of Strike, Parry, or Dodge, when facing cybernetically/bionically-enhanced or robotic opponents.

o) Prosperity
Self-sufficient. The Chromites trade in cybernetics, bionics, and some nanotech, and almost all their profits are plowed back into R&D. They have enough resources to meet their needs, but have little left over.

p) Chart P: Origin Tribe
None; Evolved Tribe. They have received some patronage from both the Wolf’s Path(who see in the Chromite shared network software echoes of their own pack mentality) and the Silvermoons.

q) Chart Q : Cyberization
99% full conversions of one type or other, including what are effectively HU Experiments with powers like APS Metal or Techno-Form, or powers that be explained by supertechnological means. Any member of the Chromites who isn’t already a cyborg, is waiting to become one, by one means or the other.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Chromites(Fringe Tribe)

OoOOH! Nice. Reading this, and the fact they have 'improved' on the vada transformation made an idea pop into my head.. So you have your basic humanoid form.. then alter shape for combat (heavy armour, weapons, the like), then have a flight mode (wings, thrusters exposed), and possible water mode. For the flight, can take a few different forms.. high altitude will have larger wings, like a flying fish, for high speeds narrower, more bullet-ish shape for super-sonic speeds. Land can be similar way.. slimmer, longer legs and more angular/aerodynamic for high speed. Thick, slower and more squat for heavy combat or construction work..

Just an idea.. take beginnings of the limited shape shifting of the Phantom and the Vada, combined with more nanite tech and the like, and boom.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[

OoOOH! Nice. Reading this, and the fact they have 'improved' on the vada transformation made an idea pop into my head.. So you have your basic humanoid form.. then alter shape for combat (heavy armour, weapons, the like), then have a flight mode (wings, thrusters exposed), and possible water mode. For the flight, can take a few different forms.. high altitude will have larger wings, like a flying fish, for high speeds narrower, more bullet-ish shape for super-sonic speeds. Land can be similar way.. slimmer, longer legs and more angular/aerodynamic for high speed. Thick, slower and more squat for heavy combat or construction work..

Just an idea.. take beginnings of the limited shape shifting of the Phantom and the Vada, combined with more nanite tech and the like, and boom.

:D Look at the descruption of the Major Superpower Techno-Form in Powers Unlimited Three...it's MADE for this sort of thing. Of course, your weapons would have to come from other powers like Energy Expulsion, but that helps balance them.
But if you're slotting APS into your Heroes Unlimited template, there;s also APS: Glass and APS: Rubber that can be explained as nanoforms, And if you raid Stone Gargoyle's fancreation Blacl Vault, you find Mechamorphosis. 8)
Yeah, the Chromites are like idealistic mad scientist types with access to superpowers, with a younger generation of militants out to protect their elders and make the universe safe from bigoted organics and malfing AIs. The fact that they've been adopted to the SSN gives them a secure base to operate from. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Nice, been busy with pictures

Indeed; I've been learning how to really use some of the features in Photoshop that in the past SOUNDED cool, but which were disappointing when used. Sketch Filter 'Chrome' for example sounds really nifty, but if you apply it haphazardly, you lose a LOT of detail, so you have to use in conjunction with several other tools, like Color Variation to tint it, and shading/highlighting to bring back up some of the fogged-out details.
Likewise Artistic Filter: Plastic can look like somebody spit up on the image, unless you go back over it with other tools to get it just so...
But I'm looking to give past stuff its own illo, including weapons, but especially the Warmounts, Elites, and Ships.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:

Indeed; I've been learning how to really use some of the features in Photoshop that in the past SOUNDED cool, but which were disappointing when used. Sketch Filter 'Chrome' for example sounds really nifty, but if you apply it haphazardly, you lose a LOT of detail, so you have to use in conjunction with several other tools, like Color Variation to tint it, and shading/highlighting to bring back up some of the fogged-out details.
Likewise Artistic Filter: Plastic can look like somebody spit up on the image, unless you go back over it with other tools to get it just so...

But I'm looking to give past stuff its own illo, including weapons, but especially the Warmounts, Elites, and Ships.

Been there done that, avoid unless absolutely required. :D
Love the Siren NeShemar and that IS definitively the quintesence of Blacksteel in its distilled form.

On to a thought experiment... you may remember the plot bunnies I posted a month or so back; "The great work"?
Well >.>
<.<
:quiet:
It's in regards to the ORIGIN of the progen device. Now here's the thing I want a few outside minds to help me with on the ultimate source for the Shemarrian's continuity.
Option 1} A rogue fragment of 'The great machine' pocket dimension which still retains a bit of GOOD from its origin / progenitor(s) sends out the progen device close to where it detects the AEtheric wave patterns of the species it destroyed many ages ago, as an act of attonment to the Ecotrozz.
Option 2} Lost-tech rifted from the artifact that is the center of worship of 'The Holy Order of the Void' by sheer fluke arrives on Rifts Terra.
Option 3} The Great Complexity as described in 'Phaseworld: Anvil galaxy' is more than it appears. It is NOT just a sentient & psionic ororrey...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Critique?

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Been there done that, avoid unless absolutely required. :D
Love the Siren NeShemar and that IS definitively the quintesence of Blacksteel in its distilled form.

On to a thought experiment... you may remember the plot bunnies I posted a month or so back; "The great work"?
Well >.>
<.<
:quiet:
It's in regards to the ORIGIN of the progen device. Now here's the thing I want a few outside minds to help me with on the ultimate source for the Shemarrian's continuity.
Option 1} A rogue fragment of 'The great machine' pocket dimension which still retains a bit of GOOD from its origin / progenitor(s) sends out the progen device close to where it detects the AEtheric wave patterns of the species it destroyed many ages ago, as an act of attonment to the Ecotrozz.
Option 2} Lost-tech rifted from the artifact that is the center of worship of 'The Holy Order of the Void' by sheer fluke arrives on Rifts Terra.
Option 3} The Great Complexity as described in 'Phaseworld: Anvil galaxy' is more than it appears. It is NOT just a sentient & psionic ororrey...

Thoughts? Suggestions? Critique?

Hmm.. Will have to think those over.. To add to the brainstorm.. Something created by the Cosmic Forge.. Sensing another chance to create, indirectly, as was its original purpose?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

*nod* Good ... good. Let's stir this pot; I'm not saying the Shemarrians will always find "THE" Origin, but the more concepts, the merrier.
But good start with the 'Cosmic Forge' angle. :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Ewwwww.....It's like the Great Cosmic Forge Hunt....only the Great Cosmic Elder Thingie has merged a part of itself with the vast potentialities of humanity/organic life....
Big Cosmic Themes here-
"I'm not in it for the big cosmic questions, I'm in it to punch out Splugorth!"---Anonymous Skullcrusher Warrior.
-okay, there's the simple motivations, too.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Big Cosmic Themes here-
"I'm not in it for the big cosmic questions, I'm in it to punch out Splugorth!"---Anonymous Skullcrusher Warrior.

It's the Skullcrushers. Of COURSE that's the motivation for most of their actions... unless it's redemption.
Which entails lots of punching Sploogorthians. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:Big Cosmic Themes here-

It's the Skullcrushers. Of COURSE that's the motivation for most of their actions... unless it's redemption.
Which entails lots of punching Sploogorthians. :D

#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH# "My heart feels lighter every day!!!"#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#"My soul feels more unburdened every hour!!"#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH#PUNCH# "I feel like a new person every morning!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

"Dread Tzar Yancaids, how did your survive that flock of Blood Riders?"
"By my charisma, intelligence and healthy body. Also they were trying out some experimental material on me."
"Is that why your back is cover in kiss shaped burns and your feet show signs of radiation damage with the same pattern."
"The back was the Blood Riders work, but my feet were the prey of some... Flamewing Neshemar on a learning trip."
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:"Dread Tzar Yancaids, how did your survive that flock of Blood Riders?"
"By my charisma, intelligence and healthy body. Also they were trying out some experimental material on me."
"Is that why your back is cover in kiss shaped burns and your feet show signs of radiation damage with the same pattern."
"The back was the Blood Riders work, but my feet were the prey of some... Flamewing Neshemar on a learning trip."

Diet and exercise with a Shemarrian fitness coach. It's the business rival to 'Tai Boba' for celebrity fitness.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Not quite the side kick I was talking about earlier.. the start of that project which became a more standard item in Wayfinder teams.

Altilium Foci
AKA Floating Ball, Crystal Ball, Flying Battery

"HA! You're out of magical energy! You'll never de… wait.. What's that thingy floating by your h-"
*Demon explodes in a shower of magical fire after a Wayfinder's Altilium Foci caught up to her.*

Another result of the research the Wayfinders started to help combat the coming Minion War, the Altilium Foci was first deployed in the last months of the fighting on Rifts Earth. Based on the technology behind the Ghostrider Foci Drone to save development time on the basic frame, sensors and basic equipment.

The Altilium Foci looks like a large crystal ball with a base, similar to those that fortune tellers would use. From the base 6 retractable 10 foot tentacles, silver in colour with multi-tool or weapons at the ends. The base also contains the contra-grav and propulsion systems, while the ball contains most of the Foci's sensors plus a large PPE generator as well as a few techno-wizardry items to aid the mage it's assigned to.
Altilium are programmed with potent artificial intelligences, but with a more animal behaviours, like dogs, promoting helpful and loyal assistants, but they are never awakened.

Altiliums are the essentially portable PPE batteries to give their assigned mage's more spell energy, especially during heavy combat. They also act as a second pair of eyes, expanding the mage's senses, and as body guards with their built in weapons and defensive systems. Although the first Altiliums deployed only had technological based weapons, and unable to use the magical energy they carried. The second run and all other Altilium built afterwards have small mage pods based on GNE/PS built units, usually built with able to use only one spell card due to the size. This allowed some flexibility in their utility depending on the spell card installed. This expanded their use, after the Minion War, from combat to exploration, construction and search and rescue purposes.

The Altilium Foci was intended to be the test bed for the Page Project, but proved to be so useful, that the Wayfinders began manufacture and assign them to mid-level members, and have several always assigned to techno-wizard smiths.

Type: EShe-R210Wf Altilium Foci
Class: Support Drone
Crew: None; robot drone
MDC/Armor by Location:
Crystal Ball 90
Base 60
Main Optical Sensor 50
Tentacles (6) 30 each
Height: 8 ft
Width: 6 ft in diameter
Length: 6 ft in diameter
Weight: 750 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equiv. Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear
Speed:
(Flying) Hover to 75 MPH, maximum altitude of 500 ft
(Underwater) Can move underwater at 20 MPH, maximum depth of 1,100 ft.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar/Shemarrian Star Nation
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 3 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in as required.

Sensors
Broad-band Radio Recording/Monitoring
The Foci is constantly monitoring local communications, recording communications traffic for later re-transmission and analysis, and parsing through the chatter for key words that may indicate stepped-up activity. 

Laser Illuminator
The laser illuminator has a range 7 miles.

*PPE Kirillian Sensor---Range: 5,000 ft

Special Systems

PPE Generator
The Altilium is fitted with a PPE generator and battery. The battery can store 300 PPE and can restore 5 PPE every minute.

Self-Destruct
Equipped with the same self destruct system as the original Foci. Does 4d6x10 MD to a 50 ft radius

Linked Senses
The Altilium creates a secure and strong link with its assigned user, or users in the case of Altiliums working in Wayfinder techno-wizard forges. This link grants both a +2 bonus to Perception checks, as long as either the Altilium or user is aware of something, both are, +1 to aimed attacks.

Share PPE
As the primary purpose of the Altilium, the PPE it stores and generates can be used by a magic user, however the Wayfinders didn't want just anyone using this magical energy. The battery has a shifting series of plates with wards on them that prevents anyone from accessing the PPE, including psychic vampires such as Psi-Stalkers. As long as the assigned user is within 50 feet of the Altilium, and sends the authorized code, which is linked with the users psychic signature, which the Altilium can sense through the Kirillian sensor, the user can freely use the PPE stored within the Altilium. Anyone attempting to siphon the magical energy instead becomes the target of the Altilium's weapons, or it moves away.

Mage-Pod
Based on Paladin Steel’s famous ‘SpellCard’ and ‘Magebolt/Pod’ system. This system can be powered by the Altilium's PPE battery and generator. The technology (magick?) has been considerably refined, through the use of higher quality natural crystals(acquired from the deep space mining operations), improved microchip manufacturing techniques, metal refining methods, and the use of such exotic materials as EctoFiber low-loss magic-conductive cabling. The Shemarrians have managed to miniaturize the system with help from Clan Vespa
The Mage-Pod has the capacity for 1 SpellCard.
Note: This is one of Paladin Steel’s exclusive systems, and is rarely sold/given to outsiders. 
Range: Varies by spell, but spell projection boosters DOUBLE range. 
Damage/Duration: Varies by spell
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
PPE Cost per Use: Varies by spell. However, the use of focusing elements and activator spells effectively reduces spell PPE cost by HALF. 
OR...retain the original PPE costs, but increase range and damage by 20-40% (Use your discretion)...While radius of effect spells may cost an additional 5-20% more PPE for the larger area affected (again, use your discretion)
(So you Technowizards aren’t flummoxed by PPE costs in a long-running battle, while the still relatively high PPE costs for the high-end spells keeps someone from using Sphere of Annihilation in every battle). 
Payload: Draws from the main PPE Battery, but can also draw upon supplementary PPE reserves. In an emergency, the pilot, if they are a mage or psychic, can kick in their own PPE. 
Bonuses: As per spell(if any)

Spell Cards cost (as per Jason Richards’ guidelines in Rifter #2) 5,000 credits per PPE cost of main spell plus an additional cost (as per following modifiers)
*500 credits per level of the creating caster(Mages’ time and PPE are money, so expect to pay more for the longer duration/higher power spells)
*Warlock spells cost 20% more, in addition to above modifiers, owing to the difficulties of adapting Elemental Magic to ‘conventional” magic systems.

Multi-Tools
Then ends of 4 tentacles end in multi-tools, allowing it to perform various tasks.

Weapons Systems:
1) Pulse Lasers(2)---Two tentacles has an energy blaster built into it, typically a laser, but other types can be substituted. 
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single shot, 9d6 MD per 3-shot burst
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

Alternatively, the Foci can be fitted with the following(all or individual tentacles)”
a) Plasma ---The plasma bolts can often be mistaken for magic fire balls
Range: 1,500 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD per blast
(‘Spray’ Mode) Range drops to 500 ft, but the bolts do 3d6 MD to a 20 ft wide area.

b) Ion---The ion beams can often be mistaken for magic lightning bolts
Range: 1,800 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per blast

c) Particle Beam---The beams can often be mistaken for magic lightning bolts
Range: 1,500 ft
Damage: 5d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10+20 MD per triple shot burst

2) Vibro-Blades(6)--Each of the tentacles sports a retractable vibroblade
Range: Melee
Damage: 2d6 MD

3) ‘Magic’ Weaponry---To continue the deception that the ‘bots are actually Eyes of Eylor, the Foci have a number of simulated ‘magic’ weapons.
*Blinding Flash----Nothing but a high-powered strobe light; effective range of 60 ft, and a 10 ft area of effect. Effectively flash-blinds unprotected eyes for 1d4 melees. 
*Magic Net---Really a fine spray of ultra-fine high-strength adhesive plastic fibers that hold with a P.S. of 40. Holds for 1d6 minutes before the adhesive begins to break down. 
*Chameleon---Really an adapatation of Naruni adaptative camouflage. The drone’s surfacing can quickly change color and pattern to adapt to its surroundings. This is only truly effective if the drone is standing still against a solid background(rockface, building, forest, etc.). Takes 1d4 melees to adjust, and results in -20% to others to detect ambush/concealment. 

Hand to Hand Combat:
Actions/Attacks per Melee: 6
Initiative: +1
Strike: +5
Parry: +8
Dodge: +6
Roll: +2
Pull: +2
Disarm: +3
Entangle: +4
Damage:
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Tentacle Slash/Punch 1d6 MD
Tentacle Crush/Squeeze(full melee) 4d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 1d6 MD

Programming:
-Basic Military (modified)
Land Navigation 94%
Intelligence 85%
Weapons Systems 90%
Sensory Equipment 90%
Radio: Basic 94%
Optics Systems 90%
Laser Communications 94%
Surveillance 90%
TV/Video 94%
Cryptography 80%
Electronic Countermeasures 94%
Photography 94%
Camouflage 80%
Prowl 80%
Lore: Magic
Lore: Demons & Monsters
Lore: Faeries & Magic Creatures

Variants:
Depending on the anticipated mission profile, the Foci can be customized to carry out specific tasks with special payloads, such as specialized sensors or munitions. 

Mechanic
This variant is programmed with 3 skills from Electrical and 3 Mechanical, one of the weapon tentacles has the weapon replaced with a heavy plasma welder, the other four are replaced with thicker tentacles that don't retract, retain the multi-tools, plus a strong electro-magnetic field generators for lifting and moving heavy metallic objects. These generators also allows it to manipulate plasma and other substances that it may not be able to touch normally. Acts like the power Telekinesis, but with a weight limit of 400 lbs per tentacle, with a range of 40 feet. Able to manipulate plasma, able to create a field to deflect plasma and particle beam weapons. This field can be extended out 10 feet, usually used while in close proximity to its user. Plasma and particle weapons suffer -2 to strike anything within the field and damage reduced by 25%.

*Nanite Sprayer---This type of drone has been fitted to spray delayed-action nanites. Typically the drone has enough nanite solution to cover a square mile of ground, and the typical dissolver nanites do 3d6 MD per melee for 2d4 melees. The activation of the nanites can be delayed to go off as much as 30 minutes. 

*Magic Disruptor---This type, developed in a rare bit of intense cooperation with the Wayfinders, uses special biological components (actually tailored transgenic bacteria) to generate a temporary disruption in local magic flows. Effect covers a 100 ft radius and lasts 1d4 minutes per activation. When activated, the disruption field causes the following:
-Duration of active spells is HALVED.
-Spells cast in the area of effect will cost TWICE as much PPE, and have HALF duration, range, and effect(including damage).
-Sensory spells, including those used by magical constructs, will be effectively blinded within the area of effect.
-Purely magical constructs, such as Automatons, animated statuary, and animated skeletons/corpses will find their speed reduced to 25% of normal, and their normal actions/attacks per melee HALVED. 
The tailored bacteria can be activated up to 25 times before needing replacement.
Last edited by kronos on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

ewwwww.......shiny! :D

Should have some more art up this week..
Provided I'm not too riled by RL(one of the downsides of working in public service is that some patrons will take exception to ANYTHING you do, even if you're trying to help them, and some will deliberately and very publicly backstab you just to get even for some imagined slight done them, such as informing them that the workplace is closing up, and no, they can't browse any longer because the checkout is closing down...this becomes, to them, the equivalent of an act of defenestration by a jackbooted thug.
Times like that, I wish I was a Wayfinder librarian....teflon-coated, armor-plated, with laser-beam eyes. Or even the Unseen University Librarian. Ook!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:ewwwww.......shiny! :D

Provided I'm not too riled by RL(one of the downsides of working in public service is that some patrons will take exception to ANYTHING you do, even if you're trying to help them, and some will deliberately and very publicly backstab you just to get even for some imagined slight done them, such as informing them that the workplace is closing up, and no, they can't browse any longer because the checkout is closing down...this becomes, to them, the equivalent of an act of defenestration by a jackbooted thug.
Times like that, I wish I was a Wayfinder librarian....teflon-coated, armor-plated, with laser-beam eyes. Or even the Unseen University Librarian. Ook!

Yeah, I've work the help desk at a convention every year in May, get some bad people, but they are few and far between as generally everyone at the con is there to enjoy themselves so I get to have fun with them and tease them sometimes.

As to the Altilium, it's the start of the side kick idea I had, took a few suggestions made about it, and poof.. what would have been a prototype/testbed of tech (mainly the tech in preventing other mages from stealing the PPE in the Altilium's battery/generator, miniaturizing the mage-pod tech 'acquired' from PS. Outsiders still don't know if Shemarrians stole the technology, or have some sort of alliance with the PS/GNE, if even unofficial).
taalismn
Priest

It's illo time!

We start with a depiction of the enigmatic Ecos-MADMeg-3R, of which there was scant detail, and which I know was described like a Zentraedi Glaug/Officer's Battle Pod, but which I've visually remodeled to better reflect the Shemarrian aesthetic, so it's now more a combination of fighting bantam and cockroach:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/meg_zps0zdo6dka.jpg

Next up is from WAY back, the EcoS-K-4 Chirops:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/chirops_zps3bcjiagi.jpg

Finally we have the Gilloc:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img618_zpshaycforc.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/gilloc-lite_zpsf73evjxr.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:ewwwww.......shiny! :D

Yeah, I've work the help desk at a convention every year in May, get some bad people, but they are few and far between as generally everyone at the con is there to enjoy themselves so I get to have fun with them and tease them sometimes.

As to the Altilium, it's the start of the side kick idea I had, took a few suggestions made about it, and poof.. what would have been a prototype/testbed of tech (mainly the tech in preventing other mages from stealing the PPE in the Altilium's battery/generator, miniaturizing the mage-pod tech 'acquired' from PS. Outsiders still don't know if Shemarrians stole the technology, or have some sort of alliance with the PS/GNE, if even unofficial).

Ironically I have a sketch of my idea of a 'floating multiplexor/magic amp' along the lines you describe. I'll try to finish it up this evening and post it sometime this week. :D

And yeah, easy to get disheartened dealing with idiots, then I remember that in my ten+ years of service, I've weathered some real maniacs. Police and EMT see people at the worst moment of their lives, Social workers see them at their most needy, public librarians and actuarials see them when they're feeling comfortably themselves(which can be really scary if you think about it).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Another drone.. deployed by Clan Shelley, inspired by Lost Eclipse Dissolver Zombie. Bit heavier, slower, better armed, and slightly higher MDC than it's inspiration, and LIGHTNING!

Bolt-Thrall

"Bad enough there's Shemarrian controlled zombies.. Now they've gone and made cyborg zombies!"

The Bolt-Thrall is a combat and heavy labour drone developed by Clan Shelley, although the Lost Eclipse has acquired the design and fields a large number themselves. Physically the Bolt-Thrall is similar in looks to the new Coalition States skele-bots, but with fake flesh, heavy large metal gauntlets on their hands with hoses running from them to the back, large bolts protruding at the knees, elbows and neck, and surrounding the end of the gauntlets. The bolts sometimes arc with electricity, hinting at the classic mad science origins, which fits perfectly with Clan Shelley. The large hands prevent the Bolt-Thrall from performing very delicate work, but are excellent for manual labour and combat. They have also been used to infiltrate areas where a lot of necromancers are active as a means of keeping track of their activities. Equipped with fake flesh that is mean to look like it is rotten and decaying, sometimes with fake bone showing, dressed in ragged clothing or battlefield salvaged armour.
Bolt-Thralls are in general simple (at least for Shemarrians, but show greater intelligence than Coalition skelebots and many 3 Galaxy combat drones except for Naruni) combat units programmed with a variety of tactics and able to recognize various enemy units and their threat level. They are programmed to act similar to 'regular' zombies for the most part, only with slightly more intelligence showing than typical zombies, moving slowly and attacking using their powerful fists. Alternatively they will drop the zombie pretense if it is discovered they are not undead, and use all their weapons.

Bolt-Thralls are strong melee combatants with powerful fists, plus their bolts arc with electricity, making their melee strikes all the more dangerous. These arcs can be directed in a more powerful bolt, striking opponents at a distance.
When the Bolt-Thrall doesn't have to pretend it is a zombie, it moves a full speed and can make use of a concealed vibro-blades in each arm and flamethrowers. Additionally, the eyes contain eye lasers that are nearly standard on most Shemarrian elites. The four hoses that link the gauntlets to the back actually detach from the gauntlets and are robotic tentacles that can be electrified for added damage as they smash or grab opponents. The Bolt-Thrall can erect an electrical field around itself that can reduce damage from energy attacks, and damage anything hitting it, or it strikes in melee, but this is weaker than electrifying its fists directly. The large bolts on its legs, arms and neck are actually concealed grenades that the Bolt-Thrall can either eject and let drop as it runs past, or fly into targets beside it, or just plain throw them. If the Bolt-Thrall detects its imminent destruction (has less than 10 M.D.C. left of the main body, and still in combat), it will move with all speed to the nearest enemy that is not within 30 feet of a Shemarrian unit, and initiates its self-destruct system. This is similar to the one used by A.R.C.H.I.E. 3.

Type: EShe-AD49 Bolt-Thrall
Class: Robotic Attack Drone
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body: 120
Head: 50
Arms (2): 45 each
Hands (2): 30 each
Legs(2) 55 each
Concealed Vibro-Blade (2): 10 each
Salvaged Armour: 20-75

Height: 6-7 ft 
Width: 2-3 ft
Length: 2.5-3.4 ft
Weight: 450 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 5 year energy life
Speed: (Running): 80 MPH
(Flying) None possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 50 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners. 

Additional Sensors
Secondary Sensors - The dissolver has a back up set of sensors in its torso to allow it to keep fighting if the head is removed, however all bonuses are halved and it can not use the acid spit attack. When the head is destroyed, it will immediately move as quickly as possible to the nearest enemy and engage its self-destruct system.

Special Systems
Electrical Shielding - The Bolt-Thrall is shielded from EMP attacks due to needing to shield it from its own electric based powers.

Electric Field - When not needing to maintain the zombie disguise, the Bolt-Thrall can erect a field around itself that reduces energy based attacks by 10%. Electrical based attacks deal no damage, except magical ones deal half damage, and particle beam weapons suffer a -2 to strike the Bolt-Thrall. Anything striking the Bolt-Thrall, or it striking in melee suffers 2d4 MD electrical damage, in addition to any melee damage. While this field is active, the Bolt-Thrall can not energize its fists or use the lightning bolt attack.

Tentacles - The Bolt Thrall has four robotic tentacles designed to look like hoses connecting the gauntlets to the back, and are only used when not pretending to be a zombie. When used, they disconnect from the gauntlets and can extend up to 15 feet from the back. These can be used in combat, climbing or to aid in labour, giving the Bolt-Thrall more leverage and lifting capacity. When used for lifting and carrying, the Bolt-Thrall has an effective Robotic Strength of 35 for carrying and lifting capacity. The Bolt-Thrall can use the tentacles to climb walls, hang from ceilings, moving at a maximum speed of 50 mph with just the tentacles in this manner.

Weapons Systems:
1) Fists - The fists of the Bolt-Thrall are designed for combat, larger than normal and reinforced for smashing targets to rubble.
Damage: 4D6 M.D
Special: The Bolt-Thrall can energize the fists with electrical energy, adding 4d4 MD of electrical damage. If the Electric Field is active, the fists can not be energized and uses the added damage from the electric field.
Alternatively, the energized fists can be used to deliver a stunning attack with a restrained punch. Humanoids struck with this weapon must save vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for 1D6 minutes. Cyborgs have a 75% chance of having their cybernetics disrupted for 1D10 minutes, and a 30% chance of a non-vital system being permanently shorted out.

2) Electric Bolt - The Bolt-Thrall can release a bolt of electricity, similar to an ion weapon from its fists to strike far off opponents.
Range: 500 ft
Damage: 3D6 MD
Payload: Unlimited

3) Concealed Vibro-Blade - Each arm conceals a vibro-blade for slashing attacks.
Damage: 2D4 MD

4) Eye Lasers (2) - Lasers built into the eyes as back up weapons, stare and blast.
Range: 800 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD single eye, 2d4 MD for both eyes firing simultaneously.

5) Flame-thrower (2) - Built into each gauntlet/hand is a concealed flame-thrower, useful in eliminating real zombies and other undead.
Range: 280 ft
Damage:(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flame-thrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD. 
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload:(Gasoline/Alcohol) 10 blasts
(Napalm) 30 blasts
(MD Fluid) 50 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 60 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 100 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol). 
Cost: 80,000 credits
(Gasoline/Alcohol) Typically 5-30 credits(depending on availability)
(Napalm) 25 credits per tank
(MD Fluid) 400 credits per tank
(Incendi-Gel) 500 credits per tank
(WI Napalm-P) 1000 credits per tank

7) Tentacles (4) - Mounted on the back, but connect to the gauntlets to appear to be hoses, they can be used to strike opponents with slaps or deliver an electrical discharge.
Range: Melee up to 15 feet away
Damage: 2d6 MD slap.
Rate of Fire:ECHH
Special: Electric Discharge - Mounted in the ends of the tentacles are electrical discharge nodes, used for stunning or electrocuting targets.
Range: Melee up to 15 feet away
Damage: 1d4 S.D. plus stun, roll 15 save vs Death/Coma (is this the right save?), 1d6 S.D., 3d6 S.D., 1d4 M.D., 2d4 M.D.

8 ) Concealed Grenades - The bolts on the Bolt-Thrall's neck, arms and legs actually are insulated housings that contain grenades. These can be launched to the sides or dropped, or it can throw them.
Range: Launched up to 15 ft, or thrown.
Damage: Varies by grenade type, but typically Plasma (6d6 MD to 12 foot area).
Payload: 10 Grenades, 2 each leg, 2 each arm, 2 neck.

9) Self-Destruct - The Bolt-Thrall is equipped with a self-destruct system that will engage when it is destroyed or if the dissolver engages it as part of a suicide attack when it has less than 10 M.D.C. remaining of its main body. The self-destruct releases a special reservoir of extremely powerful acid, damaging all within 15 feet of the dissolver for 4D6 M.D. and continues to melt for 1D6 rounds dealing 2D6 M.D. unless neutralized. The dissolver is melted into a bubbling puddle that is dangerous to touch for at least 1D6+3 rounds. Anyone touching the puddle will suffer 1D6 M.D. acid damage.

Programming:
The robot has an effective I.Q. of 12, and programmed to act as a typical zombie. Bolt-Thralls are never infected with the Ecotroz entity as they are expendable combat drones.
Typically has the following: 
W.P. sword, W.P. Rifle, W.P. energy pistol, W.P. energy rifle, W.P. paired weapons
Radio: Basic 96%
Land Navigation 86%
Climbing 96% (With tentacles can hang upside down, climb up to 50 mph)
Languages: Dragonese, English, any 3 others, usually at least one common to the race the dissolver zombie is designed to emulate.
Track 70%
Speech: The Bolt-Thrall generally doesn't speak except to make moans, groans, growls and simple phrases such as "yes, no, intruders, stop," etc. When it does speak it is usually guttural and slow and with a faint electrical buzz.
Programmed to recognize most common types of undead, demons, deevils, Splugorth Minions, and other common enemies of the Shemarrians, plus common pieces of equipment or items used by magic users, such as necromancers, shifters, etc.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4, when tentacles deployed 6 attacks per melee
Initiative +2
Dodge +4
Strike +5 (+2 melee for total +7 for melee strikes) 
Parry +4, +6 with tentacles deployed.
Roll +2
Entangle +2, +2 per tentacle aiding
Disarm +2, +2 per tentacle aiding.
taalismn
Priest

Can't go wrong with lightning. Lightning is cool. Lightning is powerful. Lightning is spectacular. Lightning is SCIENCE.
(Okay, so as a weapon it sucks if your target has a Faraday Cage or cast Resistant to Energy, but it's still freakin' spectacular)
I always count myself lucky if I'm on the road at night and the air is clear, but I can see a nearby thunderstorm....If I can see the whole lightning bolt, it's arguably better than fireworks. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Can't go wrong with lightning. Lightning is cool. Lightning is powerful. Lightning is spectacular. Lightning is SCIENCE.
(Okay, so as a weapon it sucks if your target has a Faraday Cage or cast Resistant to Energy, but it's still freakin' spectacular)
I always count myself lucky if I'm on the road at night and the air is clear, but I can see a nearby thunderstorm....If I can see the whole lightning bolt, it's arguably better than fireworks. 8)

I got inspired from the storm we had monday. At one point there was a bolt of lightning almost every 20 seconds for almost 5 minutes straight. Plus a storm starting now.

Also since foes can be protected from energy, that why it has heavier fists, tentacles to grab and fire to burn as well as grenades, typically plasma but can be switched for frags.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Can't go wrong with lightning. Lightning is cool. Lightning is powerful. Lightning is spectacular. Lightning is SCIENCE.

I got inspired from the storm we had monday. At one point there was a bolt of lightning almost every 20 seconds for almost 5 minutes straight. Plus a storm starting now.

Also since foes can be protected from energy, that why it has heavier fists, tentacles to grab and fire to burn as well as grenades, typically plasma but can be switched for frags.

*FLASH*-blind'em, then grind them into the ground. Then set them on fire.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

*FLASH*-blind'em, then grind them into the ground. Then set them on fire.

Sounds like a combo the Blood Riders use.
taalismn
Priest

Well, fire's just everybody's favorite, except maybe DeepWatch.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Well, fire's just everybody's favorite, except maybe DeepWatch.

I think the Darkwaters need some more attention that isn't starship... Horrorwoods get a lot of the warmounts, Skullcrusher and Blood Riders the weapons, Wayfinders the magic, Silvermoon and Hawkmoon flying or shinies. Ghostriders the stealth or sensors. Wolf's Path has gotten a few good warmounts n elites, but they are a bit more conservative. Lost Eclipse gets the freaky or crazy stuff.
Then there's the Fringe.. Some of them need a little more love. Shelley and Vespa both got some drones/mini elite? and other stuff. IceFlame has a weapon or so... Oh... I was gonna make them a ranged weapon that freezes n burns...

I'm rambling now.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Well, fire's just everybody's favorite, except maybe DeepWatch.

I think the Darkwaters need some more attention that isn't starship... Horrorwoods get a lot of the warmounts, Skullcrusher and Blood Riders the weapons, Wayfinders the magic, Silvermoon and Hawkmoon flying or shinies. Ghostriders the stealth or sensors. Wolf's Path has gotten a few good warmounts n elites, but they are a bit more conservative. Lost Eclipse gets the freaky or crazy stuff.
Then there's the Fringe.. Some of them need a little more love. Shelley and Vespa both got some drones/mini elite? and other stuff. IceFlame has a weapon or so... Oh... I was gonna make them a ranged weapon that freezes n burns...

I'm rambling now.

S'right....I agree; I started all this out thinking the Darkwaters would be amy favorite, and that I'd write tons for them, but I've hardly written anything for them, I have two big subs/mobile underwater bases sketched out for them, but no hard stats laid down yet, and a new Elite sketched out, but again no stats. After I finish some of my currently listed WIPs, I'll try to give the Darkwaters some love.

In the meantime: Sorta related,

The Shemarrians and the Lord of the Deep

“Once we bag the shipload, we move fast; fall back to the travel encampment, and we brain-ream any high echelon cultists. The Tinkers assure us they can get enough cyberware into the cult-bods fast enough to break any mystic link, but we’ll move them right quick and abandon the fall-back before any Reacher comes after us. We’ve got heavy air transport waiting to pull us out, warmounts and all. The meat-speakers get a free ride inland quick as can where the elders can squeeze them for info; the little fish and any freed hostages get sent upcoast to the Tribe camps for re-education. We be quick, but thorough about this; we are NOT going to be talking about the ‘big ones that got away’.”
---Wayfinder Warchief delivering a quick briefing on a raid on a Cult of the Deep transport off the California coast.

“She-Mar damn it! That was too close!! I HATE having to buff sucker marks off my armor!”

<<“I don’t believe in catch-and-release.”>>
---Gilloc raider to a captured Deep Cultist

As the Shemarrian Nation of Rifts Earth spreads its influence and its explorations, it encounters more and more monsters and monsterous nations. This extends to the oceanic realm, where Tribes like the Darkwaters have spread in an effort to meet their traditional enemies, the Splugorth, on all fronts. However, the generally eastward-looking focus of the Shemarrian Nation has had them mainly contending with the creatures and powers of the Atlantic Ocean, especially the Splugorth-controlled North Atlantic. However, increasing contact with species like the Horune and the Naut’yll have alerted the EShemar to other threats on the high seas, and under them. The Lord of the Deep is a case in point.
The Tribes of the West Coast are the most likely to encounter the Lord of the Deep and its minions and followers, given their westward explorations and coastal holdings. While most of the attention of the Tribes has been turned to the CS’s explorations to the East and the vampire problem in the Southeast. tribes such as the Wayfinders and Clan Shelley, and Clan Shinden in Japan, have become increasingly aware of the activities of the Lord of the Deep in its efforts to spread its influence. On several occasions, on both sides of the Pacific, the Shemarrians have encountered cults, even entire communities, dedicated to the Lord of the Deep. Since these enclaves often are linked to the Horune, allies of the Shemarrians’ traditional nemesis the Splugorth, these cults have, if for no other reason, been seen as cause for alarm. Seeing the results of the Lord of the Deep’s depredations, and, in one case, bearing witness to an entire coastal community being destroyed by a Reacher, the Shemarrians take the Lord of the Deep seriously as a threat, even though they as yet have little they can do to assault the monster directly. This has not stopped them, however, from picking at the fringes of the creature’s domain, and nipping its minions where they show themselves.
The Shemarrian Nation, where it can, hunts down the Deep Cults and their activities, killing their zealots and priests, disrupting their operations, freeing prisoners, destroying cult grounds, and scattering cultists before they can congregate in enough numbers to pose a more serious threat.
Much as the Wayfinders despise the Coalition States, they’ve taken a page fom the CS’s anti-mage handbook with regards to handling cultists of the Lord of the Deep. Desirous of getting more information on the extent, aims, and activities of the Deep Cult, but not trusting conventional restraints to control Pacted cultists, the Wayfinders often cyborgize cultists(a process sometimes refered to derisively as ‘canning’) taken prisoner, neutralizing their magic abilities and (ideally) cutting off any links to the Lord of the Deep. The cultists are then mindcontrolled by various means and squeezed for information. before being mindwiped completely. Both the Lost Eclipse Tribe and Clan Shelly have also been rumored to have turned the more suggestible and more recent members(into whose minds the Cult has yet to sink its hooks too deeply) of the Deep Cults into ‘Churian’ double-agents or combatants against the Lord of the Deep and their former comrades(Clan Shelley supposedly making them over into such NeShemar as their ScreamQueens). Clan Shelley’s recently introduced Gilloc sub-type is reportedly figuring prominently in their operations against the Deep Cults.
The Shemarrian Nation has no long range plans for dealing with the Lord of the Deep; their main focus for now is elsewhere. They are aware that of several other groups (the New Navy, the Japanese powers, the mysterious Lemurians, the equally mysterious Whale Singers, and a floating city the Wayfinders have visited several times) actively engaged in opposing the monster and for now trusts in those groups. However, ashore wherever they are, the Shemarrians will investigate any reports of sea-cult activity and will eliminate any Deep Cults they encounter. The Wayfinders, Clan Shelley, and the Lost Eclipse are the Tribes most involved in taking action against the Deep Cults, though, as their range grows into the Pacific, the Darkwaters’ Deep Watch is expected to take a more proactive role in taking combat to the Cult’s deep water warrens.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Wikia got a bit of an update.. Darkwaters page, Asrai elite, Shemarrian and the Lord of the Deep up.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Wikia got a bit of an update.. Darkwaters page, Asrai elite, Shemarrian and the Lord of the Deep up.

:ok:
I'll have to add art for the Asrai to my 'to-do' list.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Wikia got a bit of an update.. Darkwaters page, Asrai elite, Shemarrian and the Lord of the Deep up.

:ok:
I'll have to add art for the Asrai to my 'to-do' list.

I'm betting that list will be quite long..
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Uploaded Darkwater weapons, created Equipment page, uploaded a few generic weapons (weapons available to all tribes).
Depending on what's going on Canada Day.. I'll probably upload the rest of the Darkwater stuff that I know I have (all those aquatic warmounts!).
taalismn
Priest

I hate having unexpected free time if it means missing work on account of car trouble....the Rustmobile(formerly the Escape Pod) is, again, showing its age with the added indignity of having to be towed to the shop, rather than clunk there under its own power. Worse, they're not expected to officially look at it until wednesday. *groan* And even if I miss thursday hours in addition to the already written-off tuesday, it's still more expense and hassle to rent a car for the period. :frust: :ugh:
Icing on the cake, I learn that my recently expanded work hours are only temporary, and because they needed to balance the end-of-the-financial period budget by burning up the part-timer fund.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:I hate having unexpected free time if it means missing work on account of car trouble....the Rustmobile(formerly the Escape Pod) is, again, showing its age with the added indignity of having to be towed to the shop, rather than clunk there under its own power. Worse, they're not expected to officially look at it until wednesday. *groan* And even if I miss thursday hours in addition to the already written-off tuesday, it's still more expense and hassle to rent a car for the period. :frust: :ugh:
Icing on the cake, I learn that my recently expanded work hours are only temporary, and because they needed to balance the end-of-the-financial period budget by burning up the part-timer fund.

Hopefully it's not an expensive repair job.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:I hate having unexpected free time if it means missing work on account of car trouble....the Rustmobile(formerly the Escape Pod) is, again, showing its age with the added indignity of having to be towed to the shop, rather than clunk there under its own power. Worse, they're not expected to officially look at it until wednesday. *groan* And even if I miss thursday hours in addition to the already written-off tuesday, it's still more expense and hassle to rent a car for the period. :frust: :ugh:

Hopefully it's not an expensive repair job.

REALLY hoping the noises the mechanics are making are of the 'scare the poor guy with worst case scenario so we come off as miracle workers with a quick fix'... :-(
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”