Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:[

Hehe. The only thing at first I was thinking was a complaint at first would be the placement of the tentacles.. I had originally thought they would come out of slots where the other railgun would be position.. but then I thought, maybe if they were actually different openings/grow points to allow it to come out of different spots on the arms would add greater flexibility and personal preference for each Entkin, making them a little more unique and organic feel, so not a complaint, just made me think about it differently than originally, and I like it better.

I think I might come up with a few more options for the Entkin.. like extra tentacles or something.

That's how I interpreted the description---implied people couldn't preduct where they'd come out. As is, the arm locations were just convenient for the picture. Frames the legs and center body.

Now I can get started full-time on the 'Conjoiner; variant. :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Hehe. The only thing at first I was thinking was a complaint at first would be the placement of the tentacles.. I had originally thought they would come out of slots where the other railgun would be position.. but then I thought, maybe if they were actually different openings/grow points to allow it to come out of different spots on the arms would add greater flexibility and personal preference for each Entkin, making them a little more unique and organic feel, so not a complaint, just made me think about it differently than originally, and I like it better.

I think I might come up with a few more options for the Entkin.. like extra tentacles or something.

That's how I interpreted the description---implied people couldn't preduct where they'd come out. As is, the arm locations were just convenient for the picture. Frames the legs and center body.

Now I can get started full-time on the 'Conjoiner; variant. :D

I can't wait to see this variant. I've got a praying mantis style heavy borg for Vespa idea i'm toying with. Using some inspiration from the NG Mantis for its melee weapons (only plasma enhanced ala Blood Rider exchange).
taalismn
Priest

I can't wait to see this variant. I've got a praying mantis style heavy borg for Vespa idea i'm toying with. Using some inspiration from the NG Mantis for its melee weapons (only plasma enhanced ala Blood Rider exchange).

I'll PM you my Paladin Steel Reaper cyborg; you might get some extra ideas from it. It's go mantis-style scythe-arms. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

I'll PM you my Paladin Steel Reaper cyborg; you might get some extra ideas from it. It's go mantis-style scythe-arms. :bandit:

I was just thinking about the Reaper. My mantis idea I was thinking would have heavy blades on the arms, which also have heavy plasma ejectors, but having a second set of scythe arms definitely make it a hazard to anything in arms reach.. The back section (forget what that part of an insect is called off hand) would be a heavy weapons pod.. mini missiles, heavy cannons.. whatever. Strike from afar then close and shred anything still moving from the bombadment with blades.. oh a nice ambusher.
taalismn
Priest

Back of a bug is the carapace.
If you're referring to the hard wing covers of a beetle, then they're called elytra.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Back of a bug is the carapace.
If you're referring to the hard wing covers of a beetle, then they're called elytra.

No.. the back.. section.. like how ants have three noticable parts.. head, middle section with the legs, then the butt section.. I want to say thorax but I'm probably wrong. You know the attachment to the Vespinas' lower back.. something like that.. only bigger, heavily armed in the case of this borg.
taalismn
Priest

Ah.....the abdomen?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Ah.....the abdomen?

I guess that's what it's called. I never really studied bugs. But if that is the term, I'm going to use it.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ah.....the abdomen?

I guess that's what it's called. I never really studied bugs. But if that is the term, I'm going to use it.

Basic entomology taxonomy goes: Head, Thorax(the juncture of the legs), Abdomen.

Then we get into all the accessories, like legs, antennae, mandibles, wings, , spicules, etc. The stuff that comes with all the options... :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Cavalons---Clan Immensis Cyborg Centaur Conversions
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/cavaloid_zpspdurwdds.jpg

“Cavalons are fairly evenly divided between those that want to go raging on cavalry charges, and those that like the ability to haul around heavy artillery. And I’m not just talking about heavy long arms or backpack-mounted heavy weapons; I’m talking about harnessing up and hauling stuff like Vulcan anti-air gatlings, one-oh-five field howitzers, or multi-barrel Nebelwerfers....and they LOVE those heavy rocket launchers. Fortunately there’s enough volunteers for Cavalon conversion that they get enough to have both; heavy artillery battery to soften an enemy up, and a cavalry formation to break them.”

Cavalons are apparently one possible solution from Clan Immensis to the problem of how does a fringe tribe of deliberately oversized cyborgs create Warmounts scaled to their greater weight? Answer; they BECOME them. Cavalons are centauroid conversions using the upper bodies of Clan Immensis (effectively Heavy Machine) cyborgs merged to the lower bodies of a quadraped robot frame. Though headless Monstrex bodies are considered the standard, due to the greater availability of them throughout the Shemarrian Nation, others have been made using Kittani Equestrian Power Armor(battlefield salvage), PS-PAH-14 Nahar Semi-Autonomous Robotic Power Armor Extension Systems(traded from the Steel Gaian tribe), robo-Rhino-Buffalo, and even robo-Fury Beetles.
Though these conversions make the cyborgs less humanoid and may limit their access to some humanoid structures and communities, as well as take some getting used to, going from being biped to quadraped, a surprsing number of Immensians have chosen to become Cavalons. This has been attributed to fantasy-fulfillment in becoming something even more than merely human; since, in becoming full conversion cyborgs, they’re already becoming something more than uman, why not go a bit further. This is further evidenced by many converts losing the ‘fat’ or ‘pear-shaped’ look of normal Immensians, in favor of being more muscular or merely ‘well-padded’ in the upper torso.
Besides Clan Immensis, Cavalons have also appeared in the ranks of Clan Armorand, and the Wayfinders(standing in contrast to the more delicate-looking Ariona centauroids). The Skullcrushers and Silvermoons are also looking at adopting the idea into their own ranks. Most EShemar are cool to the idea, however, regarding separate Warmounts and riders as force multipliers.

Quickstats:
Typical Immensis upper (humanoid) body has 300 MDC upper torso, 100 MDC head, 100 MDC arms, and a Robotic PS of 35.
EShemar conversions typically use the upper torso of a Warrior(200 MDC without armor) or Warchief (290 MDC without armor).

*Cavalon-Monstrex(MDC Main Body 430, Legs 145/220. Speed: 190 MPH. Leaping: 30 ft up/across. Weapons Systems: 1-2 standard Warmount weapons modules. Kick/Claw: 2d4-8d6+3 MD, Spikes 1d6 MD)
Most common due to its commonality(virtually all the Tribes can make this Warmount, meaning a large supply of components). Excellent speed, but lacks integral heavy weaponry.

*Cavalon-Equestroid(MDC Main Body 450 , Legs 200/300. Speed: 144 MPH. Leaping: 40 ft up/across. Weapons Systems: TriBarrel Super Rail Gun, Double-Barrel Pulse Laser Cannon(or Shemar equivalents). Kick/Claw: 4d6-2d4x10 MD)
Much sought after for its heavy armor and weaponry, but can be easily mistaken for a Kittani power armor still in service with the enemy, thus requiring extensive rebuilding and possible barding reinforcement/disguise. Limited supply due to rarity of captured Kittani power armors, though Equus frames can also be substituted(rebuilt Kittani frames are still favored for the attendant status as war-booty).

*Cavalon-Nahar (MDC Main Body 500, Legs 150. Speed: 100 MPH. Leaping: 25 ft up/across. Weapons Systems: 2 heavy weapons hardpoints . Kick/Claw: 2d4-3d6 MD)
Heavy armor and heavy weaponry options, but the second slowest, and an obvious mechanical system, even with refitting and remodeling. Supplies limited due to outside source(traded from the Steel Gaians, and acquired by them from Paladin Steel).

*Cavalon-RhinoBuffalo(MDC Main Body 350, Legs 210/100. Speed: 90 MPH. Leaping: 30 ft up/60 ft across. Weapons Systems: None. Kick/Claw: 6d6-1d6x10 MD)
Second-most common because of its ready availability in the SN, but the slowest, lightest armored(though can wear barding), lack of integral weapons. Still, many Cavalon conversions like the more ‘natural’ look of the rhino-buffalo frame.

*Cavalon-Fury Beetle (MDC Main Body 800, Legs 200/50. Speed: 123 MPH. Leaping: Not possible. Weapons Systems: None, except 1-2 possible standard Warmount weapons modules. Kick/Claw: 2d6-4d6 MD)
Maximum armor, heavy weight, good speed, and great stability, but not everybody likes the prospect of looking half giant alien insect.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-109 Legem Stealth Warmount
(aka ‘Greendeth’, ‘Night-Rustler’)

“Where the hell is Mackelroy? He and his men were behind us just twenty minutes ago and now there’s no sign of them! It’s like the landscape just plain swallowed him up!”

“Green is MEAN.”

The Legem is a new Horrorwoods Warmount that takes camouflage to a new level. The Warmount at first glance resembles a shambling pile of broad leaves and creepers, but it is really based on an arachnoid frame, giving it excellent climbing and rough terrain capabilities.
The Legem is sheathed in an adaptive camouflage covering that not only changes color and pattern, but can mimic texture, allowing the Warmount to blend into its surroundings with ease. Indeed, while the Warmount may take its name from the acronym LGM(‘Leafy Green Monster’), the Warmount can imitate a wide variety of terranes, from desolate desert to sheer tundra and ice.
By necessity and design, the Legem is a stealth unit, moving more slowly, but more deliberately, than other Warmounts, the better to go unnoticed and get into a more ideal ambush position. Its behavior in many ways mirrors that of trapdoor or stalking spiders. The Legem may even excavate and construct crude pitfall traps to trap prey, or at least inconvenience them, while the Warmount delivers a killing blow, or makes its escape.
The Legem’s broad leave-like limb coverings also act as a protective shelter; dismounted troops can hide among the ‘fronds’ and take advantage of the Warmount’s adaptive camouflage. The Legem also sports four articulated spine-mount leaf shields that provide the riders with additional cover and camouflage.
Multiple eyes give the Legem excellent all-around arc of vision, even in the jungle, making it nearly impossible to sneak up unseen on the Warmounts. As each eye mounts a laser, what the Legem can see, it can shoot at. Though the range of its lasers is limited, they are quite adequate for the close-quarters fighting the Legem is typically involved in. For heavier long range combat, the Legem can mount supplemental weapons modules, or carry heavier crew-served weapons concealed by the top leaf shields.
Besides the Horrorwoods who originated the design, the Legem is also used by the Wayfinders and the Skyeklad tribes(many a stretch of apparently open sand or grass near sunbathing Skyeklad has turned out to be infested with the giant crawlers).
Note: The Legem has a ‘feral’ version, though the only difference is in the lack of weapons hardpoints.

Type: EcoS-K-109 Legem
Class: Robotic Warmount, Cavalry
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Head 95
Tentacles (8 ) 90 each
Legs(8 ) 120 each
Leaf Shields(8 ) 120 each
Upper Leaf Shields(4) 100 each
Height: 7 ft
Width: 14 ft
Length: 18 ft
Weight: 4 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 75 MPH
(Leaping) 35 ft up/across. Running leap in excess of 60 MPH adds 1d4x10 yards lengthwise and 25 ft in height.
(Climbing) Excellent climber; equivalent to 95%
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can float and paddle slowly, but effectively, at a modest 6 MPH.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Legem have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

* Chameleon Stealth---- The Warmount is sensor-stealth-sheathed in ‘brilliant’ materials that adapt to match both the surrounding colors and textures; -25% for others to Detect Ambush/Detect Concealment, +10% to prowl, and has a 60% chance of remaining undetected if standing still(75% if standing in dim/indirect light). Has only a 15% chance of showing up on radar/motion detection systems, and is, combined with the existing thermal shielding, only 10% likely to show up on thermal sensors. It takes 1d4 melees for it to ‘blend’ with its surroundings.

*Acoustic Stealth---The Legem is very quiet, and gets an additional +10% to prowl rolls if moving across firm ground, or moving at less than 1 MPH.

*Sound Modulator/Synthesizer---The Legem can copy and imitate(78% proficiency) a variety of natural animal and nature sounds to help cover its presence.

*Ground Sensor Probes---Housed in each of the Legem's footpads is a seismic probe and vibration-sensitive ground-phones. When in use the seismic probe fires a penetrator, similar to the stabilizer struts of the Glitterboy, into the ground, and emits ultra-low frequency sound waves, acting as a sort of subterranean sonar. The return waves are detected by ground sensors in the Legem's feet, and the Warmount’s AI compiles a graphic map of the underground topography. This has proven to be an extremely useful tool for locating buried ruins, charting geological resources, and finding underground installations.
Note that when in Active Mode characters with amplified/enhanced hearing, like Dog Boys or cybernetic Ultra-ears, standing within 500 feet of the Legem will hear an annoying low-key buzz, and may feel nauseous/suffer from headaches if exposed to the noise for more than a minute.
Ground scans will take 2-4 times as long as a standard radar/sensor sweep. Typical range on a ground scan is 1000 ft. .
In passive mode, the Ground Sensors can be used alone to listen for underground activity, such as burrowing animals, tunneling vehicles, water running thru pipes, etc., as well as surface movement. Passive sensors can detect the surface movement of large animals(2 tons or more), robots, heavy vehicles, or large masses of infantry with 40% accuracy, up to a mile away.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye-Mounted Lasers(16)---The Legem sports no less than SIXTEEN eyeball lasers(eight in the forehead, and one on each leg). The Legem can actually snipe from under/behind cover with one or more of its legs raised.
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 2d6x8 MD if all eight forehead eyes are firing on one target simultaneously, 2d6x12 MD adding in the input of the front four legs. Typically fires in ‘fan mode’ doing 2d4 MD to everything in a 45-degree arc ahead of the Warmount.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Chemical Spray System--- The Legem has a built-in chemical sprayer system that feeds from reservoirs in the main body, but routes its liquid ammunition to sprayheads in each leg. The Legem can spray chemicals that mask its artificial scents, or can attack using chemical weapons, such as acid sprays.
Range: 90 ft, and can be narrow-spray or area of effect(typically a 20 ft wide area for stench attacks)
Damage: Varies by chemical. If filled with water, each blast does 5d6 HP to vampires.
Payload: 50 doses of up to 5 different chemicals each(or 250 applications total). The Legem does NOT have an onboard microfac to replenish the reservoirs.

3) Tentacles(8 )---Emerging from the upper back are eight long robotic tentacles that can reach to grab opponents on the ground, stab, and crush. They are also used to climb, gather vegetation, and guy the warmount in place.
Range: 30 ft reach
Damage: Crush/Squeeze 2d6 MD per melee of pressure
Tentacle Strike 1d8 MD
Tentacle Stab 3d6 MD
Tentacle Power Strike(counts as two attacks) 5d6 MD

4) Retractable Vibroclaws
Range: Melee
Damage: +3d6 MD to a kick or pry

5) Reactive Armor----The Legem can ‘grow’ plates of rough-textured ‘gravel’, ‘bark’, or ‘thorns’ along its flanks, extruding panels of course composite material in panels. These plates serve as more than just passive protection, however; they can, on command, be expelled by powerful gas jets from behind, and fragment in flight, becoming shrapnel charges.
Range: 50 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD to a cone swath roughly 50 ft long, by 10 ft wide.
Used as reactive armor against plasma and armor-piercing missiles, the charges act as a PARRY, rolling to match or better the missile’s strike roll...a successful counter means that the missile damage is HALVED, while a failure means the warmount takes full damage. Note: when dealing with volleys, one reactive armor pack can match TWO missiles in a volley, so in order to effectively counter a five missile volley, the warmount must expend 3 reactive armor packs...two packs would roll twice to defeat their respective missiles, the third would only roll once. If the enemy missile launcher has a line of sight on the warmount, they can target a spot on the body which has no packs covering it (a called shot), in which case the remaining reactive armor is -4 to cover the gap.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or can be simultaneously fired in volleys of 1-10
Payload: Each leg of the Warmount(sides) can be fitted with 4 flechette panels each, the front head shield with 3, the canopy shields with 2 each, the hindquarters 8 (51 total)
The Legem can regenerate these panels at 4 per hour. It takes 3 MDC from the repair capacity to regenerate a single reactive armor panel.

6)(Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Legem has provision for torso-mounting two weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. They are intelligent predators(effective IQ rating of 12), that have been known to create crude hunting blinds, pitfall or trop traps.
Has the standard Monstrex base programming, plus the following:
Camouflage 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Blending 60%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Trap Construction 60%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Imitate/Mimic Animal Noises 78%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Legem intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits)
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8(!)
Initiative +3 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +4)
Dodge +4
Strike +3 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +8
Roll +4
Pull +4
Bite 2d8 MD
Kick 3d6 MD
Full Claw Strike 6d6 MD
Leap Attack(counts as two attacks)
Stomp 1d4 MD
Tentacle Crush/Squeeze 2d6 MD per melee of pressure
Tentacle Strike 1d8 MD
Tentacle Stab 3d6 MD
Tentacle Power Strike(counts as two attacks) 5d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Legem an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Legems are patient ambush-stalkers, accustomed to moving slowly through wilderness and waiting for hours, even days, for prey to come within range of their positions. They are attentive to everything that happens in their vicinity, and they are hard to surprise or startle.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8; the Legem has an IQ of 12), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:

*Venom---Many alien predators have a toxic bite, either from evolved venom glands or from resident bacteria(septic shock). Thus, the Legem can be fitted to deliver a similarly damage-added bite.
Range: Melee bite
Damage: Varies by chemical/pathogen
Payload: Typically 60 doses. The Legem does NOT have an onboard microfac to replenish the reservoirs.

*Tentacle Whip Enhancements:

-(Neural Zap) Identical to the Neural Mace; 2d4 SDC, and victim must save at 16 or higher is -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus speed and actions/attacks per melee are reduced by half, for 2d4 melees, plus 2d4 melees per additional strike. After being struck four times, the victim may be stunned unconscious(42% chance) for 2d4 melees. Upon waking up, the victim continues to suffer the stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.

-Adhesor Whip---This whip has small molecular adhesion pads on the end for picking up small objects, trapping and entangling an opponent’s limb(or neck) and even for use as an impromptu climbing grapple. If the user is strong enough, or the entangled person desperate enough to tear free, the molecular adhesion pads can painfully rip off a swath of skin(typically 1d4 SDC).
Damage: 2d4 SDC
Bonuses: +1 Entangle. If used in climbing, adds a +5% to the Climbing skill.

-Nematocyst Whip---The whip has an adhesion pad that allows it to stick to exposed flesh, which allows tiny injector ports in its tip to deliver skin-contact poisons or sedatives. A replaceable/refillable reservoir(can hold up to 10 doses) in the tentacle proper pumps the chemicals out to the ejector ports.
Damage: 2d4 SDC, plus chemical effects.
Bonuses: +1 Entangle. If used in climbing, adds a +5% to the Climbing skill.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:EcoS-K-109 Legem Stealth Warmount
(aka ‘Greendeth’, ‘Night-Rustler’)

Nice.
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, I REALLY needed to get something out this week....RL health issues with both of my parents, one bad enough to require hospitalization. Morale around here has been majorly down. But....we're dealing with it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Yeah, I REALLY needed to get something out this week....RL health issues with both of my parents, one bad enough to require hospitalization. Morale around here has been majorly down. But....we're dealing with it.

I know how you feel. Hope things work out ok.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Yeah, I REALLY needed to get something out this week....RL health issues with both of my parents, one bad enough to require hospitalization. Morale around here has been majorly down. But....we're dealing with it.

Thanks. Much as I'd love to escape into RPG-productivity right now, I'm the guy on the spot, chief schlepper and morale-maintainer.
But I'm stealing a few minutes here and there to work on art. :-)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Thanks. Much as I'd love to escape into RPG-productivity right now, I'm the guy on the spot, chief schlepper and morale-maintainer.
But I'm stealing a few minutes here and there to work on art. :-)

Don't worry about giving us stuff, we'll manage. I'll hopefully have some stuff up soon.
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn
Priest

Just added a lot of green, smeared it around, liberally went over with shadow and midtone tools.
They can disguise themselves as snowdrifts and sand dunes too...hence why the Skyeklad loves them as rides. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

(Kera-Tech material courtesy of Raven)

Candy-Foam
(aka ‘Cotton Restraint’)

“I almost feel sorry for some of those marauders who try striking trough Lolli territory. Last thing you remember is piloting your flier, robot or power armor, feeling like a wargod or -goddess, the next you’re having the snot beaten out of you by flying horses or rabbits, and suddenly you wake up sticky, bright pink, smelling like sugar, stark-naked, and surrounded by Shemarrians or their allies, all with weapons at the ready. No WONDER that last prisoner we got came to and promptly screamed herself back unconscious.”

Candy-Foam is another new weapon being deployed by the mischivous Lollipopper Tribe. The Lollis apparently got the idea for this one watching pre-Rifts movies, and thought it would be a fun idea to put into action. Candy-Foam is a variant of reverse-engineered Kera-Tech Capture Foam, but has several added properties in that it dries into a confining cocoon, it is impregnated with nanites programmed to dissolve and corrode inorganic, and in particular synthetic, materials, and it also has a general anesthetic effect.
Candy-Foam is typically sprayed from a Pez Dispenser-style handheld canister or SuperSoaker-style squirtgun.
Oddly enough, only the Lollipoppers seem able to metabolize Candy-Foam, a common practice being for a Loli to be seen eating some Foam, before using it to subdue an opponent.
Candy-Foam is almost exclusively by the Lollipoppers, although it has also occasionally been used by the Lolis' parent tribe, the Lost Eclipse. Whether the Nightmares have copied the 'recipe' for Candy-Foam from their juvenile offshoots, or are trading for it, remains unknown.
Range: 80 ft, and covers a cubic meter of area per second.
Damage: (Restraint Foam) Requires a robotic or supernatural PS of 40 or greater to break free. Creatures with a greater strength can break free in 1d4 melees. The foam hardens in less than 2 seconds, and can take 30 MDC per cubic meter(a humanoid typically needs at least two meters to be totally enveloped). A special enyzme spray will dissolve the foam in 1d4 melees.
(Nano-Dissolvers) These nanites attack metals, alloys, and synthetic materials like plastics and artificial rubber, but leave natural fabrics, materials like leather, and living tissue alone. Enchanted magic and rune weapons and armors are also not affected. Does 2d6 MD (HALF that to metal) per melee for 4d6 melees. Great for stripping trapped targets of body armor and weapons, although valuable intelligence materials might also be lost/destroyed.
(Sedation) Candy-Foam has a sticky-sweet aroma that is really a nerve-agent sedative. Most oxygen-breathing lifeforms will need to make a roll versus nonlethal poison or be knocked out on skin-contact with the Candy-Foam or close-proximity breathing its fumes. In general, the sedation aspect will keep a captive out for 2d6x10 minutes , minus the captives P.E. in minutes (Superhuman P.E. will x2, Supernatural P.E. x3)
Payload: A handheld dispenser canister holds enough for four applications(or 8 cubic meters of foam). A larger squirtgun rifle has 20 applications.
Note: The foam will also leave the captive feeling sticky, smelling of cotton candy, and dyed pink(washes off with 5d6 minutes of vigorous showering).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Sucker of Doom
(aka ‘Doomsucker’, ‘Deth-Loli’)

“I’d rather meet my end railgun-shot a hundred times over than be beaten to death by a giant lollipop.”
---Anonymous Kittani Centurion’s prayer

“Strawberries-?!”
---Last thoughts of a Sunaj Raider, upon discovering that the hunt has turned.

This is one of the signature weapons of the Lollipoppers, and the weapon which appears on their sigil. It was also the weapon that made the biggest impression on the judges during the Lollipoppers’ first-round exams for qualification to be a Tribe, when the Lolis’ Kildren representative used one to beat a Splugorth Minion to a pulp(that, and the fact that the Lolis somehow managed to bring a live and willing, albeit steaming-mad, Splugorth Minion to the trials).
DoomSuckers resemble giant brightly-colored lollipops with a round or heart-shaped head, but are actually a form of battle-mace or warhammer. Hidden inside their innocuous-looking armored shells is a small gravitic generator which can be used to alter their gravitic weight and inertial energy, allowing the giant lollipop to be wielded as easily as cheerleader’s baton, but strike with the force of a tractor trailer truck on a high speed charge.
DoomSuckers are surfaced in molecular adhesion pads. These are usually used to affix a struck target to the weapon, preventing them from dodging and getting away, and setting them up for ‘paddle ball’ beatings. The adhesion properties are also used occasionally for other purposes as well; Lollipoppers have been known to use their Doomsuckers as climbing tools. However, they are best known for being used to pick up fine coatings of metal and material dust from the surfaces of targets, the residue then being licked off by the Lollipoppers to feed their nanite regeneration systems.

Weight: 25 lbs
MDC: 120
Range:Melee
Damage:
As a blunt force SDC weapon, the Doomsucker does 4d6 SDC+P.S. damage.
Fully powered up, the Doomsucker does adjustable 1d4- 1d4x10 MD blunt force, plus any bonuses from the wielder’s own strength.
The Doomsucker is particularly handy as a parrying weapon, especially if it’s got somebody already stuck to it, in which case the aforementioned victim takes the damage from the parry.
Payload: Powered by induction when held by a Shemarrian
Special Features:
*Molecular Adhesion Head----The molecular adhesion grip of the Doomsucker holds with a P.S. of 40.
It IS possible to break free of the grip, but only if one is sufficiently strong enough and willing to shed the adhered armor/clothing, or sacrifice some skin tearing loose(1d6 SDC or 1d6 MD).
Options:
*Candy Flash---An ionization component can be built into the warhammer that generates a crackling bright flash(usually sugar-pink or lemon-yellow, but occasionally lime green is favored) when the powered-up Doomsucker strikes a target. It has no real effect other than to look ‘crazy sparkly awesome’.

Some particularly aggressive bratsLollipoppers combine the sucker-head with the staff weapon Candy Cane Gravity Spear for extra hyper-sugary pain and suffering.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

taalismn wrote:Sucker of Doom

“I’d rather meet my end railgun-shot a hundred times over than be beaten to death by a giant lollipop.”

“Strawberries-?!”

This is one of the signature weapons of the Lollipoppers, and the weapon which appears on their sigil. It was also the weapon that made the biggest impression on the judges during the Lollipoppers’ first-round exams for qualification to be a Tribe, when the Lolis’ Kildren representative used one to beat a Splugorth Minion to a pulp(that, and the fact that the Lolis somehow managed to bring a live and willing, albeit steaming-mad, Splugorth Minion to the trials).
DoomSuckers resemble giant brightly-colored lollipops with a round or heart-shaped head, but are actually a form of battle-mace or warhammer. Hidden inside their innocuous-looking armored shells is a small gravitic generator which can be used to alter their gravitic weight and inertial energy, allowing the giant lollipop to be wielded as easily as cheerleader’s baton, but strike with the force of a tractor trailer truck on a high speed charge.
DoomSuckers are surfaced in molecular adhesion pads. These are usually used to affix a struck target to the weapon, preventing them from dodging and getting away, and setting them up for ‘paddle ball’ beatings. The adhesion properties are also used occasionally for other purposes as well; Lollipoppers have been known to use their Doomsuckers as climbing tools. However, they are best known for being used to pick up fine coatings of metal and material dust from the surfaces of targets, the residue then being licked off by the Lollipoppers to feed their nanite regeneration systems.

Weight: 25 lbs
MDC: 120
Range:Melee
Damage:
As a blunt force SDC weapon, the Doomsucker does 4d6 SDC+P.S. damage.
Fully powered up, the Doomsucker does adjustable 1d4- 1d4x10 MD blunt force, plus any bonuses from the wielder’s own strength.
The Doomsucker is particularly handy as a parrying weapon, especially if it’s got somebody already stuck to it, in which case the aforementioned victim takes the damage from the parry.
Payload: Powered by induction when held by a Shemarrian
Special Features:
*Molecular Adhesion Head----The molecular adhesion grip of the Doomsucker holds with a P.S. of 40.
It IS possible to break free of the grip, but only if one is sufficiently strong enough and willing to shed the adhered armor/clothing, or sacrifice some skin tearing loose(1d6 SDC or 1d6 MD).
Options:
*Candy Flash---An ionization component can be built into the warhammer that generates a crackling bright flash(usually sugar-pink or lemon-yellow, but occasionally lime green is favored) when the powered-up Doomsucker strikes a target. It has no real effect other than to look ‘crazy sparkly awesome’.

Some particularly aggressive bratsLollipoppers combine the sucker-head with the staff weapon Candy Cane Gravity Spear for extra hyper-sugary pain and suffering.

ouch just ouch
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

“Strawberries-?!”

Nice, and love the reference to my Candy Cane Gravity Spear. Also the Candy-Foam is just fun!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Nice, and love the reference to my Candy Cane Gravity Spear. Also the Candy-Foam is just fun!

Yeah, occured to me at about the last moment....Had to remember to think like a child; what's better than candy?
MORE candy! :wink:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Yeah, occured to me at about the last moment....Had to remember to think like a child; what's better than candy?
MORE candy! :wink:

Now just need shoelace licorice whips or nets.. Cadbury eggs that brake open and either have an acid goo, or sticky goo. Jawbreaker launcher? What can we do with Tathy?
taalismn
Priest

Had time to work on the new DarkWater warmount today...almost finished with it....sticking point is coming up with some quick thumbnail stat-descriptions for a variety of SDC/low-MDC aquatic drones that are going to be manufactured/deployed by the thing....Got may six of so fleshed out in stat-lite, but I'm always reaching for more. :wink:

And also almost done with a new Lollipopper warmount.....just looking for a few blocs of data for technological hypnosis and some accessory weapons with the right gag-theme.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Had time to work on the new DarkWater warmount today...almost finished with it....sticking point is coming up with some quick thumbnail stat-descriptions for a variety of SDC/low-MDC aquatic drones that are going to be manufactured/deployed by the thing....Got may six of so fleshed out in stat-lite, but I'm always reaching for more. :wink:

And also almost done with a new Lollipopper warmount.....just looking for a few blocs of data for technological hypnosis and some accessory weapons with the right gag-theme.

Oooh, sounds interecting.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Had time to work on the new DarkWater warmount today...almost finished with it....sticking point is coming up with some quick thumbnail stat-descriptions for a variety of SDC/low-MDC aquatic drones that are going to be manufactured/deployed by the thing....Got may six of so fleshed out in stat-lite, but I'm always reaching for more. :wink:

Oooh, sounds interecting.

And then, pf course, I gotta get ideas for yet ANOTHER new warmount and a new 'swarm armor' for the Hawkmoons....
Argh.....so many ideas, so much to do everywhere, so little time...but I'm rather grateful for the distraction.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

In-game; a 4 way scrum between Mechanoids, Kittani, D-Shifted Skullcrusher tribes-women (BlackSteel infested of course) and the PC's (Including an 'awakened' Skullcrusher accolyte)... all on Xerxes Beta V.
The prize?
The origin of the Ecotroz and the Progen devices. :D

...or at least the last part of the cosmic map leading to to said origin. :demon: :lol: :demon: :lol:

Talking about ideas; this one has been two years in the making. :frust:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:In-game; a 4 way scrum between Mechanoids, Kittani, D-Shifted Skullcrusher tribes-women (BlackSteel infested of course) and the PC's (Including an 'awakened' Skullcrusher accolyte)... all on Xerxes Beta V.
The prize?
The origin of the Ecotroz and the Progen devices. :D

...or at least the last part of the cosmic map leading to to said origin. :demon: :lol: :demon: :lol:

Talking about ideas; this one has been two years in the making. :frust:

Wow... COSMIC ...... 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Darkeel(E-animal)
“’Wolves of the sea’ they called them back pre-Rifts, but those aquavermiform bastards make wolves look like obediant dogs in comparison. And the damned rifts only made them meaner. Had a pack of them come right through the bars of a shark cage once and tear apart two of my salvage crew when we tried to raise that alien wreck. Damn mystic we had with us tried to tell them to bugger off, but they nearly got her too. There’s no reasoning with animals like that, just stand off and depth charge and hope for the best.”

Darkeels are not remarkable for their concept; they are derivations of an existing e-animmal, the cyberconda, but for their providence. Darkeels were created by the Darkwaters, but their lineage is clearly from the Sapphire Cobras, and the two Tribes are not particularly known for close relationships. The exact circumstances of how the Darkwaters acquired the Templates for the cyberconda from the Sapphire Cobras remains unknown; whether it was the result of a challenge, outright purchase, or some closer working alliance between the two groups is a matter of wild conjecture.
Though the Sapphire Cobras already had a number of ‘sea snake’ amphibious adaptations of their ubiquitous cybercondas, the Darkwaters wanted to develop a more hardy and durable marine e-animal along the lines of moray eels. The result of extensive modification to the cyberconda was a narrow-bodied ribbon-like robotic eeel sheathed in a rubbery faux-skin covering, and armed with a generous mouthful of sharp teeth. Tough, strong, and perfectly natural-looking(and ‘smelling’, with the addition of PPE gel-packs), the Darkeel makes a perfect low-level aquatic watch animal, spy, and scout.

Type: EcoS-KaSSc-01/KRP-26 Darkeel
Class: Unmanned Semi-Autonomous Utility Drone, Underwater
Crew: None; semi-autonomous robot or remote control.
Later models will have a micro-Ecotroz Essence fused to them.
MDC/Armor By Location:
Main Body 50
Height: 8 inches
Width: 6 inches
Length: 10 ft
Weight: 6 lbs
Cargo: None
Powerplant: Electric Battery(good for 14 days of continuous operation. By going dormant for prolonged periods of time, the Darkeel can extend this as much as ten days). Darkeels typically recharge by induction contact with a larger warmount, or by use of special disguised underwater ‘warrens’ linked to a concealed power grid.
Speed: (Crawl)Can crawl along at Spd 4
(Climbing) Can climb at a skill equal to 50%
(Jumping)--The cyber-eel can coil a part of its body and literally spring up in a jump; 6 ft
up/across.
(Swim) Can serpentine along at Spd 25(18 MPH)
Features of Note:
*Basic Robot Audio/Optics w/ Low-Lite, Thermo-Imaging, Infrared, and Passive Nightvision

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems--- Only about 30% of Darkeel ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 2d6 MD per hour, and can repair 20 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Micro-Sonar---2,000 ft range

*Stealth Skin----The sound-muffling rubbery skin gives the Darkeel the ability to Prowl underwater quite effectively, and even defeat sonar(-15% to sonar rolls to detect the Darkeel)

*PPE Gel Pack---A biopack of tailored microrganisms that help give the illusion of life, by giving the construct 1d4 PPE.

Weapons Systems: None standard, and their size limits what the robots can carry. The Darkeel
has two slots in its head that can be fitted with the following:
a) Vibroblade Fang
Damage: 1d4 MD

b) Drug Injector
Damage: 1d4 SDC, plus chemical injection
Payload: 20 doses

c) Drug Injector/Vibro-Stilleto---A hollow-bodied vibroblade for penetrating light armor and tough
skin
Damage: 1 MD, plus chemical injection
Payload: 20 doses

d) Buzzsaw
Range: Melee. As a projectile, can reach up to 200 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD swipe/projectile throw, 5d6 MD full melee cut

e) Laser Torch---Copied from the cybernetic laser finger option. Powered by its own small power
cell.
Range: 50 ft
Damage: 1d6 or 3d6 SDC
Payload: 12 shots

f) Short Range Pulse Laser---Powered by its own small power cell.
Range: 300 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD per blast
Payload: 6 shots; an additional 12 shots can be added if the other head slot is used for a power cell,
or a mini-e-clip is incorporated into one of the body segments.

g) Microchip Tagger---This allows the cybereel to bite a target and implant a small microchip.
The microchip can be a tracer, biomonitor, surveillance device(or combination of all). Can carry up
to 20 microchips ready to use in each slot

h) Tazer Bite---Save at 16 or better or be -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF speed and APMs,
for 1d4+1 melee rounds, +1d4 if the ‘snake was able to bite soft tissues(like the neck, lips, back of
the knee or inside of the elbow.

i)Micro-Grenade---One shot launcher; range of 100 ft and does 2d4 MD to a 10 ft area-

j) Micro-Torpedo Launcher---One shot launcher; range of 100 ft and does 2d4 MD to a 10 ft area-

Bonuses:
Hand to Hand Combat:(* from combat programming)
Actions/Attacks per Melee: 5 (from combat programming)(+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz frangment)
Initiative: +1(+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz frangment)
Strike: +2, +3 underwater (+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz frangment)
Parry: +2
Dodge: +2, +4 underwater (+2 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz frangment)
Roll:+2 (+1 if ‘Awakened’ with an Ecotroz frangment)
Pull:+2
Entangle: +2
Damage:
Bite 2d6 SDC- 1 MD
Head Punch 1d6 SDC
Tail Slap 1d4 SDC

Programming:
Navigation(Underwater) 80%
Climbing 75%
Spelunking 80%
Prowl 88%
Swimming 99%

Ecotroz-Awakened Darkeels also get the following:
Tracking 70%
Blend 60%

Options:
*Molecular Pads---Allow the cybereel to climb just about ANY surface without problem.

*Disguise---The Darkeel can be disguised with a false skin covering and sculpted features to
resemble a real eel.

*Tail Vibroblade--- 1d8 MD.

*Electric Shock Capability---- On contact with the ‘eel, or at a range of up to 6 ft in water, those struck with this attack take 2d4 SDC, and victim must save at 16 or higher is -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, plus speed and actions/attacks per melee are reduced by half, for 2d4 melees, plus 2d4 melees per additional strike. After being struck four times, the victim may be stunned unconscious(42% chance) for 2d4 melees. Upon waking up, the victim continues to suffer the stun penalties for 1d4 minutes.
The Darkeel has enough power in a separate power cell for 15 such attacks before needing recharging.

Ecotroz-Inhabited Darkeels:

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the ’eel an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the Darkeel may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. The Darkeel entity is not terribly intelligent, but is instintive and cunning, with an intelligence fairly high for a snake(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 3, though some of the dedicated companion beasts can have an intelligence of 5 or 6).
The Darkeel has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Presence Sense
*Sense Magic
*See Aura

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-107 Stormapod Aquatic Warmount(aka ‘Cruncher’, ‘Deepspawner’, ‘CarrierCrab’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img836%20copy_zpshsujnliv.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img836%20copy%202_zpshexzwsrb.jpg
Rider Pod: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img838_zpswlbyt8tr.jpg

<<“WHAT IS WRONG WITH ALL THE FISH ON THIS REEF?! THEY’RE ALL ATTACKING US!!!! FIND WHATEVER ACCURSED MAGE IS CONTROLLING THEM AND KILL HIM!!!>>

“-don’t know where all those damned jellyfish came from, but when they started sticking to our hull and BURNING, our shipdreamers all started screaming like it was them on fire. Plus the whole sea around us lit up bright as day. Painted us like a target in the night. Then the shore apes we were trying to sneak up on started raining artillery on us. Had to pull out quick. Lost a whale raider and over a dozen drones that we sent over the side to try to scrape the fire off. Never encountered that type of jellyfish before; must be something new from the rifts and we were just unlucky enough to run into a drift of them. Only good thing to come of the whole affair was we learned the slave beasts now have weapons capable of hitting us from the shore.”

“Quantity has a quality all its own.”

The Stormapod would appear, at first glance, the DarkWaters’ take on the EcoS-K-35 Monstriark, only fitted for deep water operations. Resembling a giant lobster, the Stormapod can serve as a mobile mini-fac and ‘hatchery’ for swarms of smaller e-animals.
Like the stomapods that inspired its design, the Stormapod resembles a giant mantis shrimp, complete with hard-hitting jackhammer smasher claws. The Stormapod typically only uses these claws to excavate or cut apart materials to feed its inner factory-workings, to produce more e-animals, but the warmount can also take apart opponents who recklessly come too close. Several batteries of energy weapons insure that the Stormapod can keep trouble at a distance, though, and heavy armor means that the warmount can survive a few hits that get through. Like many DarkWater Warmounts, the Stormapod features a fully enclosed cockpit pod, giving its rider and passengers advanced protection and a dry place to relax in. In an emergency, the pod can detach, and can act as a mini-submersible life capsule(can motor away at 60 MPH, or engage emergency ascent float-bags).
The Stormapod may be slow, but it is heavily armed and armored. In addition, the Stormapod is usually accompanied by an attendant swarm of e-animals, typically of its own manufacture. Like the Unipelta starship corvette(which also seems inspired by mantis shrimp), the Stormapod’s elongated tail section plays host to multiple modular cells, only in this case each segment is assembly and launch module for an e-animal drone.
The real wonder is in the center torso, where the Stormapod houses an Assembly Forge mini-factory, capable of churning out small e-animals. The DarkWaters have been working on creating multiple templates for a range of small e-animals usable in marine environments and distributing them to their Stormapod units. However, a sufficiently talented Tinker (or VatFather) can program in their own e-animal templates, making the Stormapod a favorite mount for these caste-classes.
With their rock-cracking piledriver claws, Stormapods also make excellent underwater mining and excavation warmounts. A favorite tactic is to excavate a burrow in the bottom and several smaller holes nearby, and use them as a base of operations to cache salvage and manufacture schools of surveillance and attack e-animals.
Since their introduction, Stormapods have begun outfitting DarkWater long range patrols and war parties throughout the oceans of Rifts Earth. They are particularly common in Atlantic waters, where the DarkWaters have been tightening their net against Splugorth maritime concerns. It is rumored that Stormapod ‘warrens’ spot the ocean bottom along oft-used Splugorth and Horune shipping lanes, the better to lie in wait and launch attacks. They are also used as part of the DarkWaters’ underwater mining operations.
The DarkWaters also reportedly have an aquatic variant of the EcoS-K-20 Stone Eater that has been fitted with a similar autofactory setup, but the EcoS-K-107 is regarded as tactically more flexible for smaller units, while the EcoS-K-20Dw is seen as a support element for larger formations.

Type: EcoS-K-107 Stormapod
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aquatic
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-2 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 860
Head 250
Large Antennae(2) 90 each
Small Probe Antennae(4) 50 each
Cockpit Pod 250
Foreclaws(2) 330 each
Underclaw Ion Blasters(2) 90 each
Legs(6) 180 each
Secondary Legs(4, underside of the forward body) 120 each
Rear Paddle-Fin Spines(4) 65 each
Height: 15 ft; the crew pod ‘sail’ adds another 12 ft.
Width: 36 ft
Length: 65 ft
Weight: 37 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the Cockpit Pod for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 50
Speed: (Running) 60 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Swim at 35 MPH, or crawl along the bottom at 45 MPH. Maximum depth tolerance of 4 miles.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Stormapods have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Sonar---18 mile range

*Magnetometer ---Detects disturbances in the local magnetic fields, signaling the presence of metal, active electronic hardware, or other EM-phenomenon.
Range: The magnetometer has a range of 4,000 ft and can detect vehicles and other metallic structures with 80% accuracy. Active fusion powerplant containment fields, energetic magnetic anomalies, and powered-up railguns can be detected at TWICE normal range.

*Antennae(6)---The Stormapod has four thin antennae, a large pair roughly 12 ft long, and four smaller ones about 8 ft long. The large pair can be laid back across the warmount’s back, while the smaller ones can be retracted into the body. Besides acting as communications aerials and EM detectors, these antennae can be used to test the temperature of the water and feel around in the dark or in silty conditions(penalties for blindness are HALVED and +1 to dodge.

*Sonar Stealth Armor---The Stormapod is sheathed in acoustically-absorb ant armor skinning. Its EM emissions are similarly shielded. -25% to enemy detection rolls.

*Drone Assembly---The onboard manufactory can produce EcoS-DUW01 and EcoS-DUW02 drones(or can be programmed to produce other, similar ‘bots) from scratch.
Typical rate of assembly:
-EcoS-DUW01 ‘Robofin’---Up to 100 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 1 MD or 200 SDC of consumed materials to produce 8 drones

-EcoS-DUW02 ‘Grabby’ ---Up to 20 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 20 MD of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-Eco-KRP20/ EcoS-KRPXUW2007 Teuthy---Up to 1 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 45 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-EcoS-KaSSc-01/KRP-26 Darkeel---Up to 1 can be produced every two hours. Typically it takes about 90 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-EcoS-DUW03 ‘Sharkus’---Up to 1 can be produced every two hours. Typically it takes about 65 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-EcoS-DUW04 ‘Robopus’----Up to 4 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 40 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone

-EcoS-DUWAK01---Up to 4 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 25 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-EcoS-DEXUW01 ’Squidpedo’---Up to 20 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 12 MDC of consumed materials to produce 1 drone.

-EcoS-DEXUW02--’Starfish Mine’---Up to 50 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 3 MD or 600 SDC of consumed materials to produce 5 drones.

-EcoS-DEXUW03 ----’Jelly Mine’---Up to 120 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 1 MD or 200 SDC of consumed materials to produce 10 drones

-EcoS-DEXUW04 ---’Sailor Mine’---Up to 120 can be produced an hour. Typically it takes about 1 MD or 200 SDC of consumed materials to produce 10 drones

If not producing drones, the nanofactory has a secondary role of producing ammunition; it can produce 50 high explosive(OR 30 incendiary/ acid OR 5 malnano) grenades/shells/limpet mines, 25 mini-torpedoes, or 100 rounds of solid rail gun ammunition per hour, if properly fed with the right materials.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(2) ---Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal, only modified for blue-green frequencies for maximum penetration underwater.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) Foreclaw Ion Blasters(2)---Each main claw mounts a small, but powerful ion blaster.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: Effectively unlimited

3) HydroRams(2 main, 4 secondary)----The Stormapod is laced with a series of high pressure water conduits that act to cool and disperse the internal heat of the warmount’s internal manufactory. The high-pressure water can also be vented to assist in propelling the massive warmount through the water, while two large vents on the back of the main striker claws help rocket-punch them forward. In and of themselves, these thrusters can act as weapons at short range, producing a hypersonic stream of water that cuts through metal, ceramic, and stone like a liquid chainsaw.
Four smaller hydrojets are positioned around the lower body and act as maneuvering thrusters and as water jets. Though mainly used for clearing debris and excavation in soft materials, the jets are still powerful enough to raise a camouflaging cloud of silt around the warmount in water, and push away enemies at short range.
Range:(Hydrocutter) 200 ft, 50 ft underwater
(Main Jet Fountain Blast) 250 ft, and the blast can be spread to cover a 10 ft wide area.
(Punch Jets) 50 ft
Damage:(Hydrocutter) 6d6 MD per burst, 1d6x10 MD for a full melee cutting burst. DOUBLE if both claw-jets are used in synchronization.
Does 2d6x10 hit point damage to vampires
(Main Jet Fountain Blast)None, but human-sized beings struck with the stream but roll versus the ‘cannon’s To Strike roll, or be bowled off their feet/away(lose initiative and 1 APM while trying to get back their bearings). Does 2d6x10 HP to vampires.
(Punch Jets)None, but human-sized beings struck with the stream but roll versus the ‘cannon’s To Strike roll, or be bowled off their feet/away(lose initiative and 1 APM while trying to get back their bearings). Does 1d4x10 HP to vampires.
Payload: Effectively unlimited when in the water, or able to dangle their tail segments in the water. Out of the water, the internal water reservoirs have only enough for 1 minute of cutting, 4 high pressure blasts, or 12 punch jet blasts

4) Striker Claws(2)----One of the iconic parts of the mantis shrimp, and the Stormapod inspired by it, is the pair of large high-tension, quick release striker claws. Normally kept stowed under and to the sides of the warmount’s main body, the claws can be extended and raised for action, whereupon they can be snapped forward with near supersonic speed, the long-rod armor-piercing claws striking like piledrivers. The Stormapod normally uses this in excavation, to crack granite and other hard rocks, but of course it is also used to crack open enemy hulls, shells, and armored bodies.
Range: Melee; the striker claws can reach forward 25 ft at maximum extension
Damage:
Pincer Nip/Tear/Pry 2d6 MD
Restrained Claw Strike 1d6 MD
Full Strength Claw Strike 6d6 MD
Lightning-Strike 3d6x10 MD
Double Lightning Strike(counts as one attack) 6d6x10 MD
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but can Lightning-Strike only once per melee, and that must be the first and ONLY claw attack that melee.

5) Tail Lasers(2)---The Stormapod mounts two rear-facing lasers in its tail for use defending its rear quarters, or excavating a hole while backing up.
Range: 2,000 ft, 1,000 ft underwater.
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst, Both can be brought to bear on a common target astern the Warmount, doing 8d6 MD simultaneous shot, and 2d4x10 MD for a double burst.

6) Rear Tail Spines----These are fined spines based on the original Monstrex’s back spines, but they act on the Stormapod as maneuvering fins and anchors when the warmount is sitting on hard rock outcroppings, though they can also be used to spike anybody approaching from the rear quarter.
Range: Melee; the spines can reach back 10 ft at maximum extension
Damage: 1d6 MD

7) (Optional) Pod Mast Energy Weapon---The top of the submarine sail-like passenger pod can mount a small energy weapon turret, holding either a laser similar to the eyes, or a light ion blaster. This weapon mount is usually manually operated by a passenger.

8 ) Drones----Arguably the main ranged weapon of the Stormapod is its drones or mobile submunitions. The rear tail segments have 32 assembly/storage cells for launching drones of the types listed above. Each cell can hold 4 drones, for a total of 124 embarked drones, plus additional units can nest attached to the Stormpod’s flanks, charging up via induction, until needed to break off and go on their way. Most Stormapod riders maintain a mix of recon and attack types.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Stormapods are patient, diligent, predators, perfectly at ease either lurking in ambush, or toiling away, digging cave hideouts, mining materials, and pumping out drones.
Has the standard Monstrex base programming, plus the following:
Excavation 90%
Mining 90%
Salvage 80%
Trap/Mine Detection 80%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Stormapod intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 6
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +2, +3 underwater
Strike +3 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +4
Roll +3
Bite/Nip 1d6 MD
Grinding Bite 5d6 MD
Pincer Nip/Tear/Pry 2d6 MD
Restrained Claw Strike 1d6 MD
Full Strength Claw Strike 6d6 MD
Lightning-Strike 3d6x10 MD
Double Lightning Strike(counts as one attack) 6d6x10 MD
Secondary Claw (underside of main body) Tear/Pry 2d4 MD
Tail Spine Stab 1d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 4d6 MD
Tail Swat 1d8 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Stormapod an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8, and the Stormapod has an IQ of 12 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Sample Drone-Types Producible by the Stormapod:

-EcoS-DUW01 ‘Robofin’---Basic underwater fish, 8-18 inches long. 25 SDC main body, swims at a Spd of 22(15 MPH), and has an onboard powercell life of 6 months. The primary role of the EcoS-DUW01 is as a sensor platform, warning of changes in the local environment, intruders in specific areas, spying on enemy activities, and sensor-sampling the acoustic, electromagnetic, and chemical ‘signatures’ of enemy units, making the programming of IFF systems and ‘smart’ munitions(such as the DEXUW02 and EcoS-DEXUW03 described below). Some versions, fitted with ‘lamprey pads’, can attach to vessels and act as tracer beacons. May be fitted with a small kamikaze charge for attacks(2d6 MD to a 5 ft area) or sonic grenades((High Power Mode) 4d6 MD to an 11 ft radius
(Low Power Mode) 2d4 MD to an 8 ft radius, for 3+1d4 melees
The vibrofield will do 1/2 SDC damage through most body armors(100 MDC or less), 1/3 through heavier armors and power armor (250 MDC or less), and 1/4 through small robots and vehicles(400 MDC or less)
Sonic Shock: (25 ft radius, DOUBLE underwater)----Beings with Enhanced Hearing or Sense Vibration abilities will be overcome and disoriented; Make a save versus Psionic Attack or lose initiative and be -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, and lose 2 APMs for 1d4 melees(continues even after the sound has been cut off). Beings who navigate by echolocation or motion detection will be effectively blinded. Even a successful save will leave the victim -2 to strike, parry and dodge for 1d4 melees, with a ringing in their heads. Beings without enhanced sonic senses will only suffer HALF penalties in either case))

-EcoS-DUW02 ‘Grabby’---Aquatic version of the EcoS-D07LE ‘Chitterling’; essentially a robotic crab, pressure rated for 3 miles. Can be fitted with mini-vibroblade claws that do 1d4 MD per nip.

-EcoS-DUW03 ‘Sharkus’---Larger dogfish or barracuda-sized underwater drone. Roughly 4-5 ft long, 45-60 lbs. 30 MDC. Swims at a speed of 25 MPH. Basic weaponry is bite that does 1d6 MD. Has a 3 year energy life. 4 attacks per melee, +2 strike, +3 dodge underwater. Has the option of being fitted with a mini-torpedo warhead as a kamikaze weapon.

-EcoS-DUW04 ‘Robopus’---- Robot octopus, roughly 25 lbs and 3-4 ft long, with 12 MDC main body and 2 MDC each of its eight tentacles. Swims at a speed of 8 MPH, plus brief 30-second bursts at 12 MPH, and can crawl across dry land at a Speed of 4(2 MPH). Has a P.S. rating of 10. Features suction cups on its eight arms that grip with an effective P.S. of 25. Basic weaponry is bite/vibro-stilleto jab that does 1 MD, and possible strangulation attacks doing 3d6 SD. 10-shot ink reservoir that will, depending on local water conditions, cloud the water in a 8 ft area for 1d4 melees(sometimes Kittani-derived gill-glog chemicals are substituted). Has a 2 year energy life. 4 attacks per melee, +2 strike, +3 dodge underwater, +3 parry, +4 entangle. Sometimes modified with a drug/venom injector with 18 doses, or a plastique explosive charge(4d6 MD). Sometimes used by the DarkWaters as ‘living’ handcuffs/fetters on prisoners.

-Eco-KRP20/ EcoS-KRPXUW2007 Teuthy(Described elsewhere)

-EcoS-KaSSc-01/KRP-26 Darkeel(Described elsewhere)

-EcoS-DUWAK01---Essentially a lighter-weight version of the AA-03 Avian Spy, modified and disguised as a robotic duck, cormorant, or other seabird, able to fly(at 30 MPH, maximum altitude of 5,000 ft) and swim(paddle on the surface at 6 MPH or underwater at 8 MPH, maximum depth of 180 ft). 3 year nuclear energy life. MDC: 8 Main Body, 3 each wing, 6 head. No weapons, aside from a possible ability to perform a pecking attack(2d6 SDC) or a power dive(3d6 SDC). 4 actions/attacks per melee, +1 strike, +4 dodge in flight. Basically an aerial recon platform.

-EcoS-DEXUW01---’Squidpedo’---This is essentially a mini-torpedo tricked out to look like a small squid, with both an advanced sensor package(including optical sensors) and a long endurance electric powerpack with loiter capability fitted. The squid’s tentacles are actually part of the steering mechanism. 8 MDC Main Body, high explosive charge does 1d4x10 MD and a 6 mile range. +5 to strike, swims at 75 MPH, and can actually make a second attack run if it misses the first time.

-EcoS-DEXUW02--’Starfish Mine’---This is a mobile limpet mine that resembles a starfish; the munition crawls slowly into place(speed roughly Spd 2, and has a mobile battery life of 6 hours), securing itself using multiple suction cup suckers, and then waits to explode. The standard types are a high-explosive ( 4d6 MD to a 6 ft blast radius) and a ‘crown of thorns’ fragmentation type( 2d6 MD to a 20 ft blast radius). Though shaped-charge ‘cutter tape’ and thermal explosive versions exist, the DarkWaters have also had great success with slow-release corrosives, the plastic starfish releasing a slow-acting acidic compound that eats away at stone, metal, and other materials(does 2d4 MD per melee for 3d6 melees, or 1d4 MD per hour over 18 hours). If tampered with, the starfish releases the acid all at once, destroying itself. The DEXUW02 can be deployed by other e-animals, such as fish-drones. Supposedly, waterfront facilities along the coastline of Atlantis have been infested with hundreds of these mines, waiting to explode, or slowly weakening pilings, quays, and marine structures.

-EcoS-DEXUW03 ----’Jelly Mine’---This is essentially a robot jellyfish. Freefloating for the most part, the DEXUW03 floats along and can act as a water current sensor and hydrophone, but it can also react to predetermined target profiles and activate to swim towards a target using pulsing action(swimming speed of 6/4 MPH, and can maintain this speed for 1 hour). On contact with a target, it sublimes into a coating of explosive goo. Upon a timed chemical decay trigger, or remote signal, the thermite gel bursts into high-temperature flame, ideally melting through hull materials( 4d6 MD +2d6 MD for 1d6 melees).

-EcoS-DEXUW04 ---’Sailor Mine’---This is another jellyfish mine that floats along the surface and resembles a Portuguese man-o-war jellyfish. Because of its shape, it is easily wind-driven, making it useful for covering larger areas of ocean, or drift-attacking enemy positions. Same damage as for the DEXUW03.
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Nice additions, taalismn!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Nice additions, taalismn!

Thanks...and there's so many sea e-animals that be created...the DarkWaters, after all, have a LOT of ground to cover in the oceans, and having force multipliers at hand would help them GREATLY. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Radiation Sponge

"Sensors are showing an area completely devoid of radiation on the surface measuring only five square miles. There is a small cluster of buildings within this area that appear to be new."
"What? New buildings, in a radiation free zone on a radiation death world?! Helm, get us out of orbit and get us the hell out of the system!"
"New contact entering system! It's a Shemarrian Remora cruiser!"
*Static blasts from the comm* "You have violated our space with the purpose to plunder graves. You will join those below."
-Flight recorder from an unnamed scavenger ship.

"See those trees?" The warrior pointed across the field to the line of metallic looking trees with large black leaves. "Go past those and you will die."
"We're prisoners?" One of the gathered dirt covered and bruised refugees asked, looking from the tree line to the Shemarrian warrior towering over him.
"No. The results of your mistakes will." The warrior turned away and walked towards a group of other Warriors.
"Beyond the trees is nothing but a radioactive wasteland.." A Shemarrian in simple robes, an Acolyte, said from behind the group. "Now.. Shall we start unpacking the medical supplies brought down from the ships and prepare to help the other survivors that will be arriving before the transport arrives to take you to your new homes?" The Acolyte smiled kindly and gestured towards stacks of crates.

While the Radiant Edge Shemarrians are quite comfortable in irradiated environments, sometimes they must have a radiation free areas to conduct research, or to treat those they rescue from devastated worlds they are about to move into. Radiation Sponges are not actually a sponge, but they soak up radiation from an area and convert it into electrical power which can be stored in batteries, e-clips, or fed straight into a power grid for areas so badly saturated with radiation that it will provide power for years. Alternative, the collected radiation can be collected and transfer to material not normally radioactive to give it temporary radioactive properties, with the use of special equipment.
Radiation sponges come in different sizes and shapes, depending on purpose and how large of an area that needs to be decontaminated.
No matter the shape or size, the sponge has a frame that contains a block, or slab, of black material that looks like foam, or thousands of layers of fine mesh bonded together, that is made of nanotubes knitted together made from a material that attracts neutrons, alpha, beta and x-rays and holds it within the tubes, which then converts it into electricity, which when connected to power converters and a source to store or use the electricity, can be used to power virtually anything.
Several radiation sponge devices can be used in close proximity to create a larger safe area, with each post or cybertree needing a 5 or 10 foot overlap, respectively to create fields. For protecting buildings, if posts are used along the perimeter and on the roof, with a 5 foot overlap for each post's area along the outside, all within will be protected from radiation. So a 30 foot tall building will only need posts along the outside and on the roof to keep all within safe from radiation.

Personal Radiation Sponge
This shoe box sized trapezoid device is usually worn on at the small of the back, attached by a belt on its long side, with the top, and sides exposing the inner material behind sliding panels. Once worn and the panels slid open, the personal radiation sponge will absorb radiation immediately around the wearer, as long as the wearer is less than 15 feet tall/long. While in a radiation area, the person treats the irradiated area as if it is two levels lower, and gains +2 to any radiation based effects. Radiation based weapons only deal 1/4 damage. The personal radiation sponge will not save the wearer from heavy nuclear weapons (missiles, nuclear bombs, etc) and nuclear power plant meltdowns.
These are usually given to visiting NeShemar that lack the necessary radiation protection, or non-Shemarrians they find or rescue, or the very few rare visitors.
The device also has a built in standard sized e-clip that can power a weapon or some other device, which regenerates power depending on severity of the radiation.
1 charge or 10% will be recharged depending on the level of radiation exposure: light every 60 minutes; moderate every 30 minutes; heavy every 15 minutes; severe every 5 minutes. This recharging ability doesn't work when the wearer is struck by a radiation based attack.
MDC: 5
Weight: 5 lbs
Cost: Not normally for sale, but sometimes the Radiant Edge sells some for extra money, or found on the Black Market, and can fetch anywhere from 1000 credits to 200,000 in areas that have suffered massive radiation attacks.

Radiation Post
This device, when not is use is a three foot tall cube, weighing 50 lbs. Once activated, from the top extends a 6 foot tall post with a set of four panels that look like solar collectors, four anchors deploy from the sides to anchor the post to the ground, allowing it to remain upright and stationary against 80 mph winds. Once set up, the post will absorb radiation and render a 50 foot hemisphere area completely radiation free. The air around the post will have a slight distorted appearance. As long as the area outside the 50 foot area is irradiated, the post, when connected to a battery, e-clip charger or power grid, will proved power similar to a gasoline/diesel generator, recharging an eclip (with the proper charging system) in 20 minutes, or other items. Those within the safe zone gain +4 to saves against radiation based attacks, but the radiation free zone will not protect against large scale radiation weapons (nuclear missiles, reactor meltdowns, etc).
MDC: 30
Weight: 50 lbs
Cost: Generally not for sale, however a few do get sold or given to refugees of nuclear holocausts, but can sell for 500,000 to 10 million credits.

Radiation Cybertree
This is a cybertree, similar to those found on other Shemarrian enclaves and worlds, only all of its leaves are made of the radiation absorbing material, and power links. These trees are identical to the other cybertrees, and usually mixed in with other types, only they create a 500 foot hemisphere radiation free zone, and used only in areas of heavy to severe radiation. As long as they are in such areas, they provide power similar to the nuclear power system of power armours, and usually linked to power grids to power defense systems, sensors or even small factories. Those within the protected area gain +6 to saves against any radiation based attacks or effects. Will not protect against heavy radiation weapons like nuclear missiles or reactor meltdowns, but does provide saves to the radiation poisoning and reduces the amount of radiation released by such weapons or events.
MDC: Same as other cybertrees.
Weight: same as cybertrees.
Cost: Not available outside of the Shemarrian Star Nation.

Rad-Imbuer
The Rad-Imbuer is a device that is connected to radiation sponge device, but not a Personal Radiation Sponge as it is too small, and take the collected radiation and bombards an item it its heavily shielded containment chamber with radiation and other particles that act as a bonding agent. This device is used to give regular railgun and other projectile weapon ammunition, or even blades, the properties of DU rounds, if only for short periods of time. The Radiant Edge got the idea from the Wayfinder's Lightning and Quicksilver converters. The device is about the size of a fridge and can hold about 100 rounds of ammunition for personal weapons, or 5 light vehicle rounds, or 1 heavy vehicle round, and takes 1 hour to imbue the ammunition with DU properties: supresses the healing abilities of creatures. Most ammunition can be imbued, but not any made of lead or other materials that is used for shielding against radiation. The imbued ammunition will hold the radiation for 30 minutes before it dissipates, and is considered to be severely radioactive, so anyone not wearing protective material will have to save against radiation sickness after only 1 minute of exposure within 10 feet.
While connected to a radiation sponge device, like a post or cybertree, the radiation sponge will only protect half its normal area, so post that normally protects a 50 foot area will only protect against a 25 foot area while a Rad-Imbuer is active.
MDC: 20
Weight: 60 lbs
Cost: Not available outside the Shemarrian Star Nation, and rarely found outside of the Radiant Edge tribe.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Impulse Launcher

"HA! These Shemarrians are foolish and seeking death! A single ship against our fleet! We shall obli…"
-Recovered fragment from bridge recording from Splugorth battlecruiser after an engagement with Flamewing Tribe.

"The damage potential is quite impressive, but is there any way to increase the potential for the overload shockwave?"
"Not without increasing the shielding and decreasing magazine loads." The shorter Spinster stated while checking data pad.
"No.. We can't have that. Bigger ships are needed.

The Impulse Launcher is a heavy magnetic accelerated cannon developed by the Flamewing Tribe, that launches a large projectile the size of a long range missile. This projectile contains a crystalline core that resonates with energy that must be contained within a heavily shielded jacket that is shed once launched, releasing the projectile that shines with a pulsing purplish black light. The crystalline core is made of a matrix of rare crystals, room temperature capacitors and radioactive material, contained within an incredibly strong frame coated in a reflective surface. When the projectile strikes a target, it releases this energy and heat, while the projectile itself either remains intact, or pieces of it are imbedded within the target. An interesting side-effect, discovered by accident when a research lab was destroyed, is when two or more of these projectiles are in close proximity without proper shielding, such as several hitting a target, the crystalline cores resonate sympathetically and build up energy to a critical overload and releases a secondary powerful burst of energy.
The Impulse Launcher is usually used in a barrage, with several firing at once to increase the chance of a critical overload, especially against large groups of targets, damaging multiple targets at once, or against ground targets. Due to the size of the weapon and the time and expensive process of making the projectiles and shielding, the Impulse Launcher is not used against fighters, but excellent for targeting the carriers or other large ships that have swarms of fighters around them.
The launcher and shielding systems takes up about as much space as a cruise missile launcher with two-thirds as much ammunition capacity of a cruise launcher.
The Radiant Edge tribe is very protective of these weapons, and should the ship be captured, the entire magazine is set to explode, simply by causing the protective casings to release, triggering an instant Overload of all the projectiles. If the ship is destroyed in combat, there is a 50% +5%/projectile still onboard of triggering an Overload.
Impulse Launcher equipped ships will usually lead an attack, unleashing its payload quickly then fall back into formation, in the event of its destruction in the opening moments of combat, the risk of damaging friendly ships is lowered.

M.D.C. of the Weapon: Launcher itself usually has 50 to 100, but usually built into well protected turrets. Projectiles have 40 MD each
Weight: varies by launcher/turret but typically 20 tons. Projectiles are 250 lbs each.
Range: 20 miles atmosphere, 2000 miles space
Mega-Damage: 4d6x10 MD from the projectile strike + 4d6x100 MD to a 100 foot area that is half energy and half fire. On a critical strike with a natural roll of 20, triggers Overload automatically for additional damage.
Rate of Fire: Once per melee.
Payload: Typically 5 to 40, depending on size of ship, usually used to replace cruise missile launchers, using 2/3 of payload.
Overload: When the projectile strikes a target, there is a 30% chance that the crystalline matrix starts a critical resonance and overloads, dealing 3d4x1000 MD to a 500 ft area. For each additional Impulse projectile that strikes the target (within 100 feet of each other for particular large targets, or the ground) the chance is increased by +5% per additional projectile, and increases damage by an additional 1d4x1000 MD and the area increases by 100 ft. This damage is half energy and half fire.
Cost: Not available outside the Radiant Edge tribe.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Radiation Sponge.

Ah, the Radiant Edge gets some stuff at last! And they don't have to go all the way to Iscandar to get it! 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Impulse Launcher.

"'Overkill' What's that? How can you over-kill something?" 8) :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Impulse Launcher.

"'Overkill' What's that? How can you over-kill something?" 8) :twisted:

To quote Sebine.. "Forget the explosion.. look at the colours.."
taalismn
Priest

*NanoGeneration Supercharger Tent

“I don’t mind getting healed up; it’s the sitting and waiting in the healer tents that gets to me. I’m getting tired of playing cards with my fellow walking wounded. I keep getting cleaned out of my hazard earnings and battlefield booty.”

The NGS is a system developed by the EShemar to supercharge the ‘healing’ process of Warmounts and EShemar when time is of the essence, Tinkers are in short supply, and an Assembly Forge isn’t available for quick and more thorough repairs. A NGS consists of a bubble tent that injured EShemar can enter, or which can be erected around a damaged Warmount, and zipped closed. A mixture of humid air, powdered MDC fiber materials, and various chemicals is pipped into the enclosure, and a static electromagnetic field is induced around the tent. The ready supply of MDC ‘stock’ and added energy helps supercharge the EShemars’ existing nano-regeneration systems, increasing repair rates by 1d4 times. Note that this is gross body damage; missing limbs and organs will still need to be replaced via replacement mechanical surgery.
A typical NGS tent will have 30 MDC, can hold a half-dozen Shemarrians(or one Warmount) and takes 2d8 minutes to set up. A folded-up NGS tent takes up the space of one Monst-Rex “Pack Mule” saddle-bin. A Tinker or Acolite is required to monitor the tent’s operation and keep the influx hoppers filled.
NGS tents are often mistaken for ritual enclosures or smoke lodge-style saunas, though unprotected humanoids entering a powered-up NGS will be in danger, unless environmentally protected; the experience is akin to walking into a high-count asbestos area with a tainted atmosphere and powerful static electric charge waiting to go off. Eye and sinus irritation similar to a dosing with tear gas or acidic fumes can be experienced, and breathing the atmosphere inside an NGS for more than 30 minutes carries a risk(30%- the character’s P.E.) of contracting conditions like emphysema or asthma, as the microfibers and particles suspended in the air can do tearing and blockage damage to respiratory systems.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:*NanoGeneration Supercharger Tent

“I don’t mind getting healed up; it’s the sitting and waiting in the healer tents that gets to me. I’m getting tired of playing cards with my fellow walking wounded. I keep getting cleaned out of my hazard earnings and battlefield booty.”

The NGS is a system developed by the EShemar to supercharge the ‘healing’ process of Warmounts and EShemar when time is of the essence, Tinkers are in short supply, and an Assembly Forge isn’t available for quick and more thorough repairs. A NGS consists of a bubble tent that injured EShemar can enter, or which can be erected around a damaged Warmount, and zipped closed. A mixture of humid air, powdered MDC fiber materials, and various chemicals is pipped into the enclosure, and a static electromagnetic field is induced around the tent. The ready supply of MDC ‘stock’ and added energy helps supercharge the EShemars’ existing nano-regeneration systems, increasing repair rates by 1d4 times. Note that this is gross body damage; missing limbs and organs will still need to be replaced via replacement mechanical surgery.
A typical NGS tent will have 30 MDC, can hold a half-dozen Shemarrians(or one Warmount) and takes 2d8 minutes to set up. A folded-up NGS tent takes up the space of one Monst-Rex “Pack Mule” saddle-bin. A Tinker or Acolite is required to monitor the tent’s operation and keep the influx hoppers filled.
NGS tents are often mistaken for ritual enclosures or smoke lodge-style saunas, though unprotected humanoids entering a powered-up NGS will be in danger, unless environmentally protected; the experience is akin to walking into a high-count asbestos area with a tainted atmosphere and powerful static electric charge waiting to go off. Eye and sinus irritation similar to a dosing with tear gas or acidic fumes can be experienced, and breathing the atmosphere inside an NGS for more than 30 minutes carries a risk(30%- the character’s P.E.) of contracting conditions like emphysema or asthma, as the microfibers and particles suspended in the air can do tearing and blockage damage to respiratory systems.

Oh.. beat me to it, I was just thinking they need a quicker means of general repairs when in the field.
I can image the Wayfinders might have a TW version using spells, and it could also in theory restore flesh for NeShemar (but not full organs unless more potent spells are used).
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-110 Bunnibopper Warmount
(aka ‘Thumpkin’, ‘Thumper-Jumper’, ‘Poppy-Pouncer’, ‘Bouncy, Kicky, Leapy, Stompy Thingie’)

“Perimeter check....Foxtrot Alpha leading off...”
<“Foxtrot Beta....all quiet.”>
<“Foxtrot Ceti...all quiet. No activity.”>
<“Foxtrot Delta...all quiet...wait..picking up noise off our perimeter...”

((“...Here comes Bunny Fu-fu...”))
“RUN! ALL POSTS!!! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!”

“Got another second-hand POW from the juvie-Shemar refusing repatriation and requesting sanctuary with us, or whatever. Her excuse is that she can’t return to her superiors and report that her multi-million-credit combat mecha got KICKED apart around her by giant robot rabbits, before she was hypno-stunned and wrapped up in cotton candy. Once you get past the screaming and crying, she claims they’d laugh at her too much and she’d be driven to committ ritual suicide to save face. She’d rather take her chances with us. She also insists that she be kept ‘locked in steel’ rather than the humiliation of being stuck in ‘demonic candy ecchiness’. ”
“ANOTHER one?”

While the Brightmare seemed tailor-made for the perpetual children of the Lollipop Tribe, kids must have new toys, and thus it seemed inevitable that enough Lollipoppers would focus their attention long enough to design a new Warmount, the Bunnibopper. Though some claim the Lollis simply modified the existing EcoS-K 65 Audiocity, enough differences exist between the two designs to quickly discount that theory; the Bunnibopper appears to be wholly original mayhem.
This abominably cute Warmount resembles a giant hypercephalic bunnyrabbit(or giant wallaby) with an idiot gaze built into its face, chromed buckteeth, oversized feet, mesh-cotton lace tail, and a covering of soft fuzz. However, it is still a WARmount, and being one designed by a bunch of deadly-dangerous permanently-adolescent combat AIs, that should give those who are tempted to not take this thing SERIOUSLY pause.
Bunniboppers show the signs of being designed and programmed by adolescent artificial intelligences hyped up on Saturday-morning cartoon fare, and too much access to a hyper-advanced military research and development database. How else can one explain the fact that the Bunnibopper apparently uses kick-boxing as the basis of its movement programming? Indeed, Bunniboppers are ‘frenzy fighters’, lashing out in sudden explosions of leaping and kicking, that are sometimes called ‘March mecha madness’ or ‘martial hare mayhem’. Amusing bumbling stumblebunny one moment and raging warbeast the next. The long distance, high-bouncing leaping ability of the Bunnibopper even allows it to surprise low-flying aircraft, power armors, and monsters. Small wonder the Bunnibopper has quickly earned a fearsome reputation amongst the Shemarrians’ enemies.
Bunniboppers are very agile, and riding one can prove an ordeal for anybody unaccustomed to their rough, bouncing, ride. Of course, Lollipoppers love the wild ride, frequently whooping and hollering with manic glee as their warmounts bounce over hill and dale. The same oversized legs that give them their kangaroo-like bouncing ability also give them the ability to perform signature piledriver kicks. Wise(and surviving) opponents learn to avoid coming inside range of a Bunnibopper crescent kick, leg sweep, or bounce-punch. Powerful eye lasers and a sonic stunner give the warmount good ranged combat capabilities as well.
The Bunnibopper remains an exclusive ride of the Lollipoppers; much as the Lost Eclipse respects the manic energy and traumatizing effect of the Bunnibopper, the Nightmares just can’t see it fitting into their own organization(even though they altready deploy the Brightmare) and so have conceded it to their delinquent Kildren offshoot. No other Tribe has expressed an interest in these distinct and arguably insane Warmounts.

Type: EcoS-K-110 Bunnibopper
Class: Robotic Warmount, Cavalry
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Head 150
Ears(2) 95 each*
Forelegs(2) 95 each
Hind Legs(2) 200 each
Cottontail Shield 100

*The ears afford the rider some additional protection; -2 to strike/target the rider.

Height: 7 ft at front shoulders, 9 ft overall
Width: 5 ft at rear haunches
Length: 9 ft
Weight: 3,700 lbs
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Speed: (Running) 100 MPH
(Leaping) 20 ft up/30 ft across standing jump, 50 ft up/120 ft across with a running leap.
Jet-assisted leap can carry the warmount 500 ft!
(Flying) Not possible, but CAN briefly hover(1d4x10 seconds) at the top of a leap.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim aka the ‘Jimmy Carter Attack Bunny Paddle Stroke’ at 6 MPH.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Bunniboppers have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*’Marshmallow Armor’---Really a tough spongy synthetic polymer with an internal ‘circulatory system’ that bleeds a fast-setting ‘goo’.
-Damage Resistance---Takes HALF damage from physical kicks, punches, concussive blows, cuts, slashes, and non-explosive projectile weapons.
-Color/Texture Camouflage ‘Morphing---This system changes color in 1d4 melees and gives the 'bot a limited stealth ability(-30% to Detect Ambush and Detect Concealment roles to find the thing). Also masks the ‘bot's thermal and infrared emissions, making heat sensors useless.
-*Goo Blood---If cut with anything other than a vibroblade or energy cutter, the thick, viscous ‘blood’ that the material bleeds will gum up claws and jaws as it hardens(reduce subsequent damage and strike bonuses using melee attacks by HALF for 1d4 melees).

*Ground Radar---The Bunnibopper’s ears contain a powerful radar set that has both an air-search mode and a ground-penetrating mode(effective range: 5,000 ft) that can ‘see’ up to 6 ft underground, and can spot buried artificial objects down to a foot wide in size. This allows it to spot, with enough time and consideration, minefields and other traps, before it lands on them(Detect Ambush 80%, Detect Concealment 80%). The Bunnibopper’s ‘bobbling’ gait, in fact, allows it time to scan the groudn ahead of itself.

Weapons Systems:
1) Laser Eyes(2)---The Bunnibopper uses the more powerful aerospace model eye lasers for maximum range and damage. Those big moe eyes can do SERIOUS damage with just a look.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)

2) Eye Flashers(2)---’Bunniflash attack’ strobe-glow that can temporarily blind, or even mesmerize, prey.
Range: 60 ft, 50 ft area.
Damage: Victims are -8 to strike, parry, and dodge, -1 on initiative, and lose 1 APM for 1d4 melees. Even those in armor or eye protection will be -1 on initiative for 1 melee.
A more subtle mesmerize attack is also possible; victims must roll under their ME or be entranced by the pretty pulsing light patterns in the Bunnibopper’s eyes. Those so entranced lose all initiative, 2 APMs, and are -10 to parry and dodge while looking raptly at those pretty lights. Video camera systems, cybernetic/bionic eyes, and even good flash-blindness goggles will defeat this effect.

3) Squee Cannon---A sonic weapon used to stun prey long enough for the BunniBopper to lay all sorts of mayhem on them. The audible sideband component of this attack manifests itself as a shrill pipping ‘squee’ or ‘yip’ sound.
Range: 250 ft
Damage: (Variable power settings)
(Stun)1 SDC, plus victims must save versus non-lethal poison or be rendered unconscious for 1d6 melee rounds. Even on a successful save, the victim is -2 to strike, parry, and dodge for 1d6 melee rounds. Multiple blasts are cumulative for duration.
4d6 SDC, or 4d6 MD per blast
Area of effect ‘shotgun’ blast: Half damage to a 10 ft wide area.
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
The sonic vibrations can also be used to set up a resonance in hard armor that can stun or disorient living beings. Humans(and those most like them) will find these subsonic vibrations particularly irritating, the barely audible buzzing setting up painful discordance in their eardrums and auditory apparatus. Beings with enhanced hearing are particularly vulnerable to this attack(DOUBLE penalties and duration of effects). Cyborgs and those with baffled hearing implants will NOT be affected by this.
Save versus psionic attack(12 or better) or be -1d4 to initiative, HALF all bonuses to strike/parry/dodge, and -1d4 to Maintain Balance for 1d6 melees. Roll under P.E. or fall unconscious for 1d6 melees.
Power Armor and EBA-wearers will be more susceptible to the effects of resonance, owing to their close proximity to the materials being affected. The effects are greatly diminished to occupants on a vehicle owing to the many interior structures that serve to disipate and insulate the sound waves.

4) ‘Hot Fuzzy’ Static Blast---This electroshock mechanism built into the Bunnibopper’s short fur is intended to discourage grappling attempts on both the warmount and its rider.
Range: 3 ft
Damage: 3d6 SDC/MDC(depending on touching target) plus Humanoids struck with this weapon must save vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for 1D6 minutes.
Payload: 10 charge battery; recharges 1 charge every 5 minutes.

5) Cottontail Shield---The fuzzy, fluffy tail of the Bunnibopper can expand to become an attached cloud of fiberous strands (‘steel-cotton’) that actually acts as a form of stand-off armor(similar to vehicular ‘slat’ armor), helping protect from attacks from the rear.
Th cottontail offers only modest protection against conventional attacks; a typical screen has only 90 MDC. However, it still has some effectiveness as defeating missile attacks; on a ‘To Strike’ roll of 6-7, Armor-Piercing missiles bash themselves on the fibers, doing only 1d4 MD, and on a 8-10, do only HALF damage due to premature detonation or re-direct of their kinetic force.
One advantage the steelcotton has is that it can be regenerated faster than main body armor; fresh fibers can be exuded at a rate of 1d6x10 MD per hour, although this still comes from the 100 MDC reservoir the warmount has available for repairs.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. Bunniboppers tend to act goofy and easily distracted, bobbling across the landscape and investigating this, that, and the other thing, and generally acting punch-drunk. If engaged in combat, though, they turn all vicious, and will savage an opponent in quick bursts of violence, before leaping back out of retaliation range, then circling back to pounce again and again until the threat is neutralized.

Typically has the same programming as the Monstro-Crane, plus the following:
Dancing 60%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Begging 55%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Bunnibopper intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +10
Automatic Leap Dodge +3
Strike +6 (+3 w/ ranged weaponry)
Parry +9
Automatic Parry
Roll +4
Maintain Balance +6
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Bite 1d8 MD
Restrained Punch 6d6 SDC
Paw Claw/Punch 2d6 MD
Stomp/Kick 2d6 MD
Leaping Stomp-Kick (2 attacks) 2d4x10 MD
Piledriver Stomp(3 attacks) 2d6x10 MD
Lightning Strike---Takes ALL attacks that melee(and must be the first of that melee and has first initiative), but the Bunnibopper can deliver a massive power kick that does 7d6x10 MD. Immediately afterwards, the Bunnibopper CANNOT dodge and has NO bonuses to parry for the rest of that melee round.

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Bunnibopper an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot.

Has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Presence Sense
*Sixth Sense/Danger Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Options:
*Saber-Jaws----Increases the size and the power pf the jaws to include armier-piercing fangs and a rottweiler-like lockjaw. 2d8 MD bite.

*Carrot-Missiles----Derived from Vine munitions, Carrot Missiles are orange projectiles that deliver a rapid-growth nanite solution that can quickly permeate a target with fast-growing tendrils of bucky-plastic.
The Carrot Missile is equivalent to a medium-range armor-piercing warhead on a short range booster. That gives it a baseline damage potential of 3d6x10 MD and a range of 1 mile. Special optical targeting system(because carrots are good for your eyesight, duh!) give the missiles a +6 to strike.
On an unmodified ‘to strike’ roll of 18-20, the carrot strikes fast in a target, and begins to send out roots into the target, doing 2d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees. Supernatural regeneration abilities will be HALVED for the duration, fighting the growing tendril growth. If the target is standing on the ground or against a wall, there’s a 30% chance of extruding roots catching on the ground, and sticking the victim in place( NO dodge, and a combined P.S. of 35 or more is required to uproot the tendrils).
Supposedly the Lollipoppers, with rare forethought for their childish mindsets, have evinced an interest in cellulose-based Carrot Missiles, with a thought to staking vampires more effectively with them.
The Bunnibopper can carry a saddlepack launcher pod carrying 6 carrot missiles.

*Silver Armor---Some Bunniboppers sacrifice the Marshmallow Armor for laser-reflective chroming. Lasers do HALF damage, but the sight of lasers bouncing off the leaping killer-bunny, and the distorted reflections, have been enough to throw many opponents off their cool.

*Grav Stomp--Some Bunniboppers in the Shemarrian Star Nation have modified contragravity generator coils in their oversized feet. These can be used to increase leaping distance by 50% in all modes, and can also be used to generate a ground shock wave when on the ground. This is a stomp attack that sends a ripple of gravitic force ripping through the ground, with effects similar to a magic Shockwave spell attack. A 100 ft radius is affected, and those people, animals, and objects under 500 lbs in weight are 88% likely to be knocked over and flung 3d4 yards/meters. Targets 500-1,000 lbs have a 50% chance of being bowled over, and getting tossed 1d4 yards/metere. Those 1,000-2,000 lbs in weight only have a 20% chance of being knocked back a few ft. Anything heavier will be immune to being knocked over. Fliers and hoverers will NOT be affected by the ground shock.
A grav-stomp attack takes TWO APMs.

* “Splitting Hares” Flight Capabilities---This radical Upgrade modifies the ears into a pair of intermeshing rotors that split into two blades each, and allow the Warmount to fly like a helicopter: can hover or fly at 105 MPH, maximum altitude of 25,000 ft. Also known as ‘whirlybeagle mode’ for some reason.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Oh.. beat me to it, I was just thinking they need a quicker means of general repairs when in the field. ).

You can never have enough forms of medical attention/response.
Hollow trees or boulders with regeneration stations hidden inside. 'Caves of Healing'. Helpful e-animal 'first aiders'. There's still lots of room for extra equipment of this sort. :angel:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

A-74 Tactical Artillery Robot(ARCHIE-3 Loyalist Forces)
(aka ‘GunCritter’,‘GunTrotter’, ‘Palomaimer’)

“We’re taking fire from the OTHER side of the ridge! Pull back, sisters, pull back!!!”

As the Shemarrian Civil War ground to its endgame in ARCHIE-3’s core territories, ARCHIE-3 and Hagan grew increasingly desperate, throwing more overtly robotic units into combat against the rebellious Shemarrians. Experimental designs, reworked old concepts, and underdeveloped systems were sent into the fray in an effort to buy time and distance for the two to find some way of preserving their plans. Among the ideas revisited was that of artillery; experience with having close quarters units turned to the side of the enemy teaching ARCHIE and Hagan that keeping the EShemar at greater than arms’ length to be the more sensible approach. Previous reluctance to use logistics-heavy and -dependent weaponry was rescinded, especially since the fighting was now taking place close to ARCHIE-3’s production facilities. The A-74 Tactical Artillery Robot was one of several designs hastily conceived of and pressed into action to oppose the rebel forces closing in.
The ‘bare essential’ configuration of the A-74 is taken as evidence of Hagan’s lack of sleep under the pressure of the war; the design has few of the refinements and creative flourishes normally assigned with ARCHIE-3’s ‘best idea man’, and demonstrates the hasty nature of the design’s deployment. The A-74 looks thrown together; a large turret and ring-shaped mounting body carried on four long spindly legs. The legs are jointed so as to allow the ‘bot to be able to run backwards and sideways with equal agility, the length of the legs allow for obstacle clearance, and clawed feet facilitate climbing in rough terrain, but the A-74 is still fairly cumbersome compared to the more elaborate Monstrexes. The main body features an independently-rotating ring holding a powerful laser cannon and four sensor clusters, to search the terrain around the ‘bot and bring the laser cannon to bear on approaching enemies. Atop the ‘bot is a turret-mounted, high-elevation massdriver projector that is used to propel rocket-powered shells(actually mini-missiles) into extended-range ballistic trajectories. Three tiers of racked missiles in the ring-shaped body provide the A-74 with plenty of ammunition capacity to keep up sustained fire.
A-74s are typically escorted in the field by a squad or two of robot troops to keep them from being overrun. The A-74 could also be resupplied by A-003 Monst-Rex “Pack Mules” or their equivalents, running fresh ammunition supplies out from ARCHIE-3’s hidden factories. Mobile ‘batteries’ of six or more A-74s were typically placed under the command of an A-64 All-Purpose Master Robot.
Despite its improvised nature, the A-74 is still a very effective weapons system; teams of A-74s proved a rude surprise for approaching EShemar forces, who were stunned at the discovery of the Dark One’s forces using artillery. Their effectiveness increased when ARCHIE-3 began using Botweillers as forward spotters for the artillery, but despite managing to inflict some serious casualties on small EShemar units, the A-74s were too few to make an impact on the greater war. With Hawkmoon troops using their own ’Avyet’ Avian Spies to reconnoiter shrinking enemy territory, ARCHIE-3’s new troops had fewer and fewer places they could hide. A-74s caught in the open quickly showed a vulnerability to concentrated fire, including the EShemar’s own artillery assets.
It is estimated that perhaps 120-200 A-74s were produced during the closing stages of the SCW; exact statistics are hard to verify given the (often self-initiated)obliteration of ARCHIE-3’s own production records and the difficulties of post-combat damage accounting. Post-SCW, no A-74s are known to have survived. Though a number served with small formations of loyalist( but non-BlackSteel-tainted) Skullcrusher and Wolf’s Path troops, no one in these Tribes has evinced any interest in reviving the design. The A-74 and its technologies remain only of interest to Tinkers, and Clan Armorand(who had independently developed similar mobile artillery mounts). It is RUMORED that the Republicans have captured several examples they found powered down near the facilities handed over to them; the current deposition of any such units remains unknown.

Type: A-74
Class: Tactical Artillery Robot
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400
Main Turret(mortar) 180
Laser Cannon 90
Sensor Clusters(4) 25 each
Legs(4) 100 each
Height: 12 ft (can crouch down to 8 ft)
Width: 11 ft
Length: 28 ft
Weight: 12,800 lbs
Cargo: None.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 35
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 10 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 80 MPH
(Leaping) Can leap 12 ft lengthwise and 8 ft up; increase distance by 50% with a running start.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Limited to running along the bottom at 12 MPH. Maximum depth of 200 ft.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems.

Weapons Systems:
1) Mortar Gun---The mortar gun in the top turret is the A-74’s main reason for being. This is really a short-range massdriver projector configured to push a missile out to range before the missile’s own rockets cut in, for extended range. The standard A-74 mounted a 40mm-60mm mini-missile capability, but ARCHIE-3 also developed and deployed two heavier variants able to throw short- and medium-range missiles. The Mortar Gun can also be used to engage airborne targets.
The similarity in appearance of the Mortar Gun turret to an astronomical observatory earned the A-74 the waggish moniker of ‘Palomaimer’ from a Wayfinder scout seeing video footage of one.
Range: 15,000 ft+range of mini-missile
Damage: Varies by missile type(Mini-missile)
Payload: 120 rds in three forty-round circular tiers inside the main body

2) Laser Cannon---Mounted on a rotating ring at the base of the turret is a powerful laser cannon, meant to engage targets at ground level with direct fire. Despite its power, though, the laser proved inadequate against the longer range of Shemarrian rail guns, of the EShemar could catch the A-74 in the open, with enough range to exploit the superior reach of their rifles(and could avoid being hammered by the A-74’s mortar-missiles).
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 1d8x10 MD per blast

3) Self-Destruct---As a weapon of last resort, a cornered or badly damaged A-74 can overload its powerplant to detonate itself(and any remaining ammunition). ideally in amongst the enemy. A-74s crippled in combat often tried to destroy themselves when EShemar advanced to investigate, or to trigger landslides and other obstacles.
Range: 50 ft radius
Damage: (Plasma) Completely obliterates the ‘bot plus does an additional 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft radius.

Programming:
The A-74 is fairly dumb as ARCHIE-3 robots go, with its skill set devoted to fire support duties.
-Standard Robot Combat
Climbing: 66%/56%
Land Navigation 94%
Radio: Basic 94%
Mathematics: Basic 98%
Detect Ambush 60%
Detect Concealment 60%
Intelligence 90%
Military Etiquette 98%
Read Sensory Equipment 98%
Weapons Systems 90%
W.P. Heavy MD(Artillery)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Initiative +2
Dodge +4
Strike +3 (+3 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +3
Parry(kick) +2
Kick 2d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 1d8 MD

Variants:
*A-74B---Variant mounting a short-range missile cannon. The larger size of the projectiles meant greater overall range and damage, but also limited ammunition capacity. The larger ammunition also meant slower production of reloads by ARCHIE-3’s beleaguered factories, and relatively few A-74B variants were produced(one to every ten baseline A-74s).
Range: 10,000 ft+range of SRM
Damage: Varies by missile type(SRM)
Payload: 90 rds in three thirty-round circular tiers inside the main body

*A-74C---Variant with the ability to throw medium-range missiles. Like the A-74B, greater range and damage from the larger projectiles was balanced by smaller payload and slower ammo production. A growing lack of data on suitable targets at the outer limits of the medium range missiles’ range, due to the EShemar destroying ARCHIE-3’s scouts and fire-spotters, meant that the missiles’ full capabilities could not be realized. ARCHIE-3 switched to manufacturing hybrid missiles with medium warheads on short range boosters, easing production pressure somewhat, but this did little to increase ammunition supplies aboard the A-74Cs. The ‘heavy’ variant was even less common than the A-74B, with perhaps one in twenty-five A-74s being of this type.
Range: 9,000 ft+range of MRM
Damage: Varies by missile type(MRM)
Payload: 48 rds in three sixteen-round circular tiers inside the main body
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Blacksteel RageRanger
(aka ‘BlackJuicer’, ‘BlackBoiler’, ‘Baner’)
(based on the ARCHIE-3 Juicer Robot from Mark Sumimoto’s A.R.C.H.I.E. Three vs. The World in Rifter # 4)

“ You’re looking to hire some mercs and want some advice? Those roid-rangers in the black? The blacker-than-black $#!+? They’re bad news, hard-end off-the-envelope, headcases. I dunno where they found the witches’ brew in their veins, but they are flat-out wicked-evil. Maybe it’s the black juice they’re pumping, or maybe they were already deranged, but they’re slaughter-dogs through and through. You want something destroyed? They’re the ones for the job. You want anything left afterward, including your conscience, avoid getting them involved at all costs. I’d use those guys only as a last resort, if you didn’t plan on living with the aftermath or mind dying in the flames.”

The RageRanger is the BlackSteel-corrupted variant of the A-100J Juicer Bot, an ARCHIE-3 android disguising its robotic actuators under layers of psuedoflesh to appear as a hyper-muscled Juicer, for infiltration purposes. Apparently enough were in residence at the Factory/Temple Number 5 when the BlackSteel took it over that several examples were converted, and the malign entity took inspiration from them.
RageRangers look like Juicers, heavily muscled human(oid)s, with a tendency towards having dark swirling patterns on their skins, black teeth, and wild eyes...none of which tends to draw much adverse attention from the already normally extreme Juicer community. RageRangers tend to be withdrawn, taciturn, and even more aggressive than the average juicer. They don’t speak much, and even that’s usually grunts and simple orders, meant to keep others at arm’s length and moving where the BlackSteel wants them to.
Despite their decidedly antisocial aura, though, most Juicers simply see them as rather more unruly and bad-attituded fringe members of their own community. Seeing or hearing of them in action, many Juicers have come to the conclusion that the ‘RageRangers have a line on a new variant of the Juicer conversion process, or some serious new drugs, and this has started rumors of ‘Black Juice’ being out there.
In combat, the RageRanger begins to really show its differences; the juicer harness writhes like a living creature, muscles distend, the skin bulges and flexes in inhuman ways, black spikes protrude through the skin, and boils and dark sweat erupt on the skin. RageRangers exhibit supernatural strength, speed, and agility, and absolutely no fear of death. While they otherwise ignore people for the most part, in combat they are brutal, sadistic, and merciless, and often do not distinguish between enemies and allies in the heat of battle. RageRangers seem to fairly seethe with hatred and kill-lust, becoming monstrous in aspect, and making observers suddenly realize they’re in the presence of deady-serious supernatural madness.
RageRangers are insidious because they can get in amongst other mundanes(non-Shemarrians), mingle, and cause all sorts of grief without it being blamed on a mad malign alien-machine intelligence. They are also building up something of a cult following amongst other Juicers...all the more insidious because RageRangers can, if given the opportunity, infect other Juicers with malign nanotech that can boost their performance, but at fatal cost.
To anybody already familiar with the BlackSteel, RageRangers should come as a horrifying development; apparently living beings infected with the BlackSteel(it would take some sharp observational skills to realize that the ‘rangers are really robots disguised as Juicers).

Type: BlackSteel Abomination---RageRangers
Class: Robot
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 15 each
Arms(2) 60 each
Legs(2) 110 each
Head 60.
Main Body 270
False Skin Overlay 120 SDC

Note: Can wear any Juicer body armors and frequently does as part of its disguise.

Size: 6-7 ft tall, heavily muscled at the extreme end of human dimensions
Weight: 900 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Supernatural PS. 35, PP. 24,.
Cargo: None, except what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 150 MPH(!)
Jumping: 20 ft across/15 ft up standing leap, DOUBLE that with a running start
Flying: Not possible without a jetpack
Underwater: Can swim at about 20 MPH, and has a depth tolerance of 500 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the BlackSteel Citadel
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Sensory Systems:
*Basic, Low-Light/Night Vision(2,000 ft range), Infrared, Thermo-Imaging(2,000 ft range), telescopic (6,000 ft)and Magnification(x60) Optics.
*Amplified Hearing(can hear noises as low as 10 decibels at 500 ft), plus ultrasonic band hearing.
*Laser Targeting
*Motion Detector----100 ft range; built into the false skin for all-around coverage.

*Modulating Voice Synthesizer--- RageRangers can mimic a variety of voices, the better to disguise their true nature.

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 10 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Horror Factor---Has an effective H.F. of 10 when fully ‘roided out’.

*Acidic Ichor---If destroyed, RageRangers bleed a corrosive ichor not unlike powerful battery acid. This makes destroying the ‘bots near sensitive equipment a risky undertaking. Typically a destroyed RageRanger will splatter in a 4d6 ft radius, its fluids doing 1d4 MD per melee for 1d6 melees. Immediately dosing the splatter with a powerful base substance, or diluting it with copious amounts of water will stop or slow the damage.

*’Supernatural’ Regeneration---The chassis wil regenerate damage at a rate of 10% per hour per location damaged.

Vulnerabilities:
*Silver---Silver weaponry does DOUBLE damage to BlackSteel creations. If a called shot of 20+ (modified) strikes the skull or chest area with silver, the tainted container/CPU/powerplant will be struck and an explosion of 6D6 MDC to a 3 ft. radius will erupt and annihilate the Black-Steel... and decommission the ‘bot(self-destruct will still go off, however).
*Holy Magic---Attacking with Holy Magic will cause the normal materials of the ‘bot to expel the BlackSteel. The ‘bot will still fight on using its original programming, but it will lose its viciousness and malevolent cunning(reduce initiative by HALF), and BlackSteel properties, and all other aspects of its operation remain unchanged. However, the expelled BlackSteel will remain a threat if picked up and incorporated into other machines.

Weapons Systems:
1) Claws---The RageRanger can extend retractable claws from its hands, similar to those in most Shemarrian warrior-castes.
Damage: + 3d6 MD

2) BlackThorn Storm----The RageRanger can, in the heat of battle, ‘grow’ spikes through its skin and fire them off like a fragmentation grenade, clearing an area around itself. Though not actual BlackSteel, the blackthorns are still jagged, messy, and painful if lodged in flesh, and the RageRanger can regenerate them.
Range: 40 ft radius
Damage: 4d6 MD. On an umodified ‘to strike’ roll of 18-20, the jagged projectiles will srick in a target’s flesh, and irritate the wound further, increasing required healing time by 10%. Saves versus infection/disease will be at -1 unless the projectile is removed and the wound THOROUGHLY cleaned.
Rate of Fire: ECHH, but limited to five bursts before needing to regenerate them.
Payload: Conditionally unlimited; the RageRanger can manifest enough spikes for 5 blasts per 24 hours.

3) BlackRage Infection ----Given a chance, a RageRanger can tamper with another Juicer’s harness, infecting its workings with extremely minute amounts of BlackSteel and altered nanotech. The result is that the next time the Juicer engages a chemical surge enhancement, instead it triggers a blind berserker rage and blackout that is not just a danger to the Juicer’s enemies, but to anybody within range(only the RageRanger will be ignored by the raging Juicer).
The tampering process itself requires a full minute(4 melees) to accomplish. Under the effects of the BlackRage, the Juicer adds 2 APMs, is +2 on initiative, +2 to strike, increases damage from hand to hand blows by 50%, and the Juicer can take as much as 50% of their SDC/HP below 0 in damage, unheeding of the pain and damage, without penalty, before they finally collapse, utterly dead.
It IS possible for a victim to survive BlackRage, but this requires the victim be subdued fairly quickly and a Medical Doctor or a Lore: Juicer roll be made to reset their drug harnesses(takes 2d4 melees). The victim will be exhausted and traumatized by the experience(HALF all bonuses and APMs for 3d6 hours afterwards) and loses -1d6 months from their already abbreviated lifespan.

4) Use of Handheld Weapons---RageRangers can pick up and use just about any infantry-scaled weaponry, and are strong enough to use cyborg-scale weaponry as well. If subtlety is not an issue, then the RageRangers will be equipped with BlackSteel-Corrupted weapons like the BsL-22 Pulse Rifle and the BsI-20 Ion Pistol.

Programming/Skills:
Same as for the baseline A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot:
Pilot: Automobile, motorcycle, hovercycle, jetpack, aircraft, all at 90%
Radio: Basic 98%
Math: Basic 90%
Computer Operation 90%
Prowl 70%
Swim 94%
Land Navigation 94%
Climb 90%/80%
Wilderness Survival 94%
Swimming 94%
Intelligence 90%
Detect Ambush 70%
W.P. Blunt
W.P. Knife
W.P. Sword
W.P. Whip/Chain
W.P. Ax
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Energy (all)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative + 7
Dodge +9
Parry +9
Automatic Parry
Automatic Dodge(takes no actions)
Strike +8 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +5
Pull Punch +4
Disarm + 4
Critical Strike on 19-20
Paired Weapons
Restrained Punch 5d6 SDC
Full Strength Punch 4d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD
Kick (2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Leap Kick 6d6 MD
Body Block 1d6 MD
Bite 2d4 MD
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Nice addition to both ARCHIE and BlackSteel!
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Nice addition to both ARCHIE and BlackSteel!

And I got an even eviler idea in final work-up. :twisted:
Kinda balances the Bunnibopper. :fool:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Life with August H. Bradbury-13

+So I was working on some last minute edits and couldn't make it to get Auggie his first Halloween as a new person. As it happened, Clan Shelly was crashing to relax from the Minion war, and I called ahead to ask them to got with my son for trick and treating. Shelly approved with glee. Now I realize where I went wrong.

I get home past 10 pm, I find my street blocked off, me trying to convince the national guard to let me through, and its not until I see cobwebs like fog banks and constant thunder rumbles that my home isn't being invaded by a Halloween movie marathon dimension. August is sound asleep, which helps as Shelly and I sort out with the authorities over marshmallow ghosts.

+Fun fact: August is deathly afraid of birds of prey, so the Hawkmoons have to be careful around the boy. Wonder what caused that?
+Fun fact: The Ghost riders check in on August every now and again to see if he is alright and not a long con by archie or Hoyt Prime.
taalismn
Priest

*BlackSteel ‘Leecher’ (Combined Spinster/Seeress)
(aka ‘Hemomechist’, ‘Sucku(b/w)itch’)

<<“Oh, poor little pariahhhhhh!!! Does that hurrrrtttttttt? Have you never experienced such exquisite sensattiiioooonnn beforreee? That is called paaiiinnnnn. Why do you screeaammm? Does it bring you some measure of relief? Do you hope somebody will hear youuu? Come to rescue youuuu??? Your secret mastttteeerrr???? The traitorsssssss???? The fleshbaggggggssss???? Nobody can hear you hereee. I pulled out your antennaeeee, I silenced your high-voiiiiccceeeeee. You are pariah, nobody cares about you! You are of use now only to meeeeeee.....I think I’ll remove your arm next, you no longer need it....So screammmmm...screamm and bleeeedddd...”>>

<<“You’re a resilient one, I will grant you that, traitor-hag, but your little organic companion isn’t built so tough. I doubt her firewalls are so strong or her ‘biology’ so redundant. How many liters of her circulatory fluid can I drain before her recovery mechanisms are irreparably compromised? I suppose I will find out, seeing as I have nothing else to entertain me, what with your stoic silence...”>>

***“..I found Warchieftain Windblade.....she’s alive...but...but...she’s....it’s just her head...”***

The Leecher is a horrid new addition to the BlackSteel forces and shows a disturbing evolution of the demonic metal’s capabilities. The Leecher is a BlackSteel-corrupted Shemarrian Seeress or Spinster(or rather, combination of the two), and fills the role of both arcane priestess and repair technician.
Leechers have the tall build of a Seeress, but tend to be heavyset and more muscular like a Spinster, with often deformed features and loose skin around the torso(hiding concealed fluidic storage bladders). Their eyes are an oily swirling black, and their skin has an oily cast to it. They frequently wear heavy and dark armored robes as protection, and often carry staff weapons or heavy blades(such as cleavers and bone saws, good for dismembering). They have a cruel and uncompromising look to them, and their personalities are even worse, given their favored pastime.
The Leecher gets its name from its practice of taking live and conscious Shemarrian and human(oid) captives and draining their bodily fluids(coolant, hydraulic fluid, lubricants, blood, cerebral-spinal fluid, etc.) and combining them with various other chemicals to produce the various ichors that many BlackSteel abominations and weapons use. Even for a robot, the process of being drained is a painful and humiliating for for the Leechers’ EShemar captives, especially if they have been partially dismantled for parts. Leechers are also the torturers of the Tainted BlackSteel Shemarrians; they ‘leech’ the minds of prisoners for information through the liberal application ‘enhanced interrogation techniques’. The Leecher has also been known to hunt down and assimilate Red Scabbers...not out of any sense of altruism, but to recover and recycle the minute particles of BlackSteel in them.
Leechers are intelligent, belligerent, and very sadistic, revealing a truly mean streak in the BlackSteel that goes beyond simply exterminating its opposition. Leechers will torture captives, artificial and natural, and take delight in discovering new things to use on their captives(such as the EShemars’ increasing common regenerative abilities). If engaged in any sort of coherent conversation, they will often spout about how they have been raised from a lower state of being to a higher, and more prestigious status more befitting their talents(often interpreted by many as a reference to short Spinsters being made taller, or weak Mystics being made stronger).
Leechers are, by their seemingly arcane practices, often mistaken for Blood Druids, and it is this association that ironically furthers the misconception by many outsiders that the Shemarrians are druidic in nature.
Leechers often work in conjunction with Hag-Riders, being the receivers of the latter’s ‘possessed’ captives. They also work with Grimwrenchers when it comes to scavenging for parts and materials. They tend to work behind lines, dismantling/torturing prisoners for parts and information and repairing and recharging other BlackSteel abominations. A Leecher’s established lair is a shop of horrors, with victims, robotic and organic, lingering in agonized half-lives under the cruel ministrations of their captor who will slowly pick them apart for anything of use.
The advancing EShemar forces found only a handful of corrupted Skullcrusher Leechers(and their victims) when they assaulted the BlackSteel Citadel and believed they had destroyed them all, but rumors persist that a few may have escaped and possibly moved down to Mexico and the Vampire Kingdoms. Leechers have also been associated with several ‘Black Obelisk’ zombie outbreaks.

closet

Type: BlackSteel Abomination---Leecher
Class: Robot Gynoid
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Antennae: (2-3) 5 each
Hands(2) 18 each
Upper Arms(2) 75 each
Arms(2) 60 each
Exsang Tubes(4) 40 each
Legs(2) 100 each
Head 90 .
Main Body 250 + Robe Armor 120
Height: 7 ft
Width: 4 ft
Length: 2.8 ft
Weight: 1,000 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Supernatural PS. 35, PP. 24, P.B. 5.
Cargo: None, aside from what blood it has drained and stores internally
Speed:
Running: 80 MPH
Jumping: 10 ft up/lengthwise. Increase distance/height by 50% with a running start.
Flying: Not possible without a jetpack or other conveyance
Underwater: Can swim at 5 MPH or run along the bottom at 8 MPH. Estimated depth limit of 800 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the BlackSteel
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems.

*Tool Hands---The Leecher’s long-fingered, ‘gigeresque’ hands incorporate multi-tools identical to those of the Spinster’s.

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 10 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Horror Factor---Has an effective H.F. of 13

*Acidic Ichor---If destroyed, Leechers leak a corrosive ichor not unlike powerful battery acid. This makes destroying the ‘bots near sensitive equipment a risky undertaking. Typically a destroyed Leecher will splatter in a 3d6 ft radius beyond its normal self-destruct radius, its fluids doing 1d6 MD per melee for 1d6 melees. Immediately dousing the splatter with a powerful base substance, or diluting it with copious amounts of water will stop or slow the damage.

*Ichor Conversion---The Leecher can internally mix fluids it has drained from other beings with BlackSteel-tainted chemicals to produce the acidic ichor used as ‘blood’ by so many BlackSteel Abominations and their weapons. Two pints of blood/fluids generally yields a pint of ichor(or one weapons-grade application of it).

*BlackSteel Touch---A Leecher’s touch causes acute agony to living beings: It causes agonizing pain to any living being that touches it, even lightly. It can even send someone into a coma/death situation, unless they are devoid of a soul. Those who touch Blacksteel suffer -2 to all rolls, -20% to skills and loses 2 attacks for 1d4 minutes per melee round touched, plus if the attack is deliberate(as part of a called ‘agony strike’), the victim must save vs coma/death on a 17 or better. A successful save means the victim is rendered unconscious for 1d4 melee rounds in a near coma-like state, failure means they suffer 4d4 damage straight to Hit Points, or 5d6 M.D. for M.D.C. creatures. If they save by more than 5 points, they are only stunned for that melee round, unable to take any actions or defend themselves.
Worse yet, a Leecher can overload the artificial tactile perceptors of Shemarrians, robots, and even cyborgs, inflicting the closest thing to pain on these beings. The effects are the same as for organics, only for Shemar and ‘bots, there is NO chance of being knocked unconscious. Cyborgs save at a 15 or better.
While Shemarrians, and many robots and cyborgs can turn off their tactile sensors to shield themselves from this attack, the effect is similar to fighting under the influence of a full-body dose of Novocain and is almost as bad as the effect it’s meant to avoid; -2 to strike/parry/dodge/pull rolls, -20% to skills requiring tactile finesse, -1 APM, and reduce maximum speed by 25%. However, there is no lingering effect; the android/cyborg can flip the perceptors on and off at will.

Vulnerabilities:
*Silver---Silver weaponry does DOUBLE damage to BlackSteel creations. If a called shot of 20+ (modified) strikes the skull or chest area with silver, the tainted container/CPU/powerplant will be struck and an explosion of 6D6 MDC to a 3 ft. radius will erupt and annihilate the Black-Steel... and decommission the ‘bot(self-destruct will still go off, however).

*Holy Magic---Attacking with Holy Magic will cause the normal materials of the ‘bot to expel the BlackSteel. The ‘bot will still fight on using its original programming, but it will lose its viciousness and malevolent cunning(reduce initiative by HALF), and BlackSteel properties, and all other aspects of its operation remain unchanged. However, the expelled BlackSteel will remain a threat if picked up and incorporated into other machines.

Weapons Systems:
1) Extendable Claws---The Lecher’s oversized fingers can extend molecularly-sharp talons that can cut through megadamage materials like vibro-scalpels.
Damage: 3d6 MD+Agony Touch(see above)

2) Fluid Drain/Exsanguination Attack---It’s difficult, but not impossible, to take an EShemarrian captive, without him or her able to engage their self-destruct. A captive of a Leecher faces a grim fate; the Leecher has extendable hollow tubules, each ending in a lamprey-like rasping mouth, that it can use to penetrate a gynoid, cyborg, or mundane captive and start draining body fluids. then storing them in inflatable bladders in the abomination’s torso. Destroying an attached feeder tube is an effective way of stopping a draining attack, but the Leecher has four tubes, and will often attach all four to a solitary target, increasing the drain damage.
Range: Melee(tubules have a range of 8 ft)
Damage:(Lash) 1d4 MD
(Bite) 1d6 MD + possible draining attack
(Stab)(2 attacks) 2d6 MD + possible draining attack
(Grapple/Choke) 2d4 MD
(Shemarrians)
On an unmodified ‘to strike’ roll of 15 or better, the tubule is able to site itself and start chewing away at the body of the target. If more than 11 MD is then done directly in an attack to the body of the target, the Leecher can now start draining coolants and lubricants. An EShemar’s regenerative abilities are HALVED while being drained, and the gynoid/android/cyborg’s movements will be impeded; HALF strike, dodge, and parry bonuses, and maximum speed is cut by 25% due to problems with joints seizing up and systems overheating. Built-in energy weapons also cannot be fired for more than 2d4 consecutive rounds without a cumulative 10% chance per each additional melee of the weapon overheating and cutting out due to coolant loss.
(Robots/Power Armor/Warmounts)
Robots and Power Armor are somewhat less vulnerable to a draining attack than Shemarrians, because of their heavier integral armor. The Leecher must make an unmodified to strike roll of 16-20 before it can site itself for drilling. if 30 MDC is done as a result of a sustained tubule ‘chewing’ attack, it can then start to siphon off lubricants and coolants(same damage as for Shemarrians).
(Cyborgs)
Similar to robots, but if the cyborg takes more than 25% of its main body damage due to a tube attack, the tubules can subsequently begin to attack the cyborg’s Hit Points directly(lose 2d6 Hit Points/MDC per melee per attached tubule), as the tubules penetrate to the life support systems.
(Humanoids/Organic Lifeforms) Humans and similar beings who are directly hit(on an unmodified 14-20) with a draining tubule are subjected to an exsanguination attack, similar to a monster leech’s. Victims will lose 2d6 Hit Points/MDC per melee per attached tubule. Yes, that means that a Leecher can drain a human in less than a melee, but the Leecher will frequently use a slower rate to draw out the victim’s suffering.
Payload: The Leecher can drain up to 30 pints of fluids and store them internally for conversion later....or, it can simply bleed victims dry and dump the fluids(the Leecher considers this wasteful, however, and will try to save the fluids in containers for later).

3) Ichor Spray---The Leecher can spit up an acidic ichor(it makes the stuff, after all) on opponents.
Range: 60 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD per melee for 1d6 melees. Immediately dousing the splatter with a powerful base substance, or diluting it with copious amounts of water will stop or slow the damage.
Payload: Conditionally Unlimited; the Leecher carries enough in reserve for 15 attacks, and can generate more if it can bleed other beings for the raw materials to male more ichor.

4)Use of Handheld Weapons---Leechers can pick up and use infantry- and borg-scale weapons. Their favorites are BlackSteel ichor-based weapons such as the BsP-15 Plasma Rifle, a ‘tainted’ copy of the Mechanoid M-15 Plasma Rifle. Leechers have also been known to wield large vibroblades, net launchers, and incapacitation devices to capture and disable their prey alive.

Programming/Skills:
All standard Shemarrian combat and espionage skills, plus:
Interrogation 70%
Basic Mechanics 80%
Biology(Human) 80%
Chemistry 90%
Electrical Engineering 80%
Field Armorer & Munitions Expert 80%
Field Surgery 65%
General Repair & Maintenance 85%
Jury-Rig 80%
Mechanical Engineer 80%
Paramedic 70%
Robot Electronics 80%
Robot Mechanics 80%
Salvage 90%
Vehicle Armorer(Warmounts) 70%

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8(2 from the tubule-tendrils)
Note: Bonuses are in addition to those possible from the Shemar’s elective training
Initiative +3
Dodge +4
Parry +7
Strike +4 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns)
Roll +3
Pull Punch +4
Disarm +3
Entangle +3
Paired Weapons
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 18-20
Restrained Punch 5d6 SDC
Full Strength Punch 4d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Kick 4d6 MD
Exsang Tube Lash 1d4 MD
Exsang Tube Bite 1d6 MD + possible draining attack(see above)
(Stab)(2 attacks) 2d6 MD
(Grapple/Choke) 2d4 MD
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:Life with August H. Bradbury-13

+So I was working on some last minute edits and couldn't make it to get Auggie his first Halloween as a new person. As it happened, Clan Shelly was crashing to relax from the Minion war, and I called ahead to ask them to got with my son for trick and treating. Shelly approved with glee. Now I realize where I went wrong.

I get home past 10 pm, I find my street blocked off, me trying to convince the national guard to let me through, and its not until I see cobwebs like fog banks and constant thunder rumbles that my home isn't being invaded by a Halloween movie marathon dimension. August is sound asleep, which helps as Shelly and I sort out with the authorities over marshmallow ghosts.

+Fun fact: August is deathly afraid of birds of prey, so the Hawkmoons have to be careful around the boy. Wonder what caused that?
+Fun fact: The Ghost riders check in on August every now and again to see if he is alright and not a long con by archie or Hoyt Prime.

Ya know, I'm actually tackling one of your handwave ioff-the-cuff casual mention ideas, the 'Jail Whale'...for some reason I got, as with the VatFather, enough material/ideas line up in my subconscious to rough out a basic frame for it...
Now the hassle comes when variants and accessories start popping up, drawing out final production... :P

Oh, and I'm claiming/reserving Warmount K-numbers K-111-K113 :P :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”