Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

Yeahm Black Obelisk is pretty dark stuff...might even be a cousin of Black Steel looked at the wrong way. :twisted:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

‘Teuthy’ Robo-Assistant(E-animal)

“Don’t try to sneak or hide aboard a Darkwater ship; they got things like flying cockleshells that will find you in minutes and sound the alarm. Then you have to explain yourself to the Darkwaters themselves and they have NO sense of humor about such things as trespassing.”

The Teuthy is a Dark Waters variant of the Silvermoons’ ‘Selene’ robo-familiar, only designed for deep water work. The ‘Teuthy’ is based on the NEMA spider-probe, but is modified for underwater operations. Two mini-hydropropulsors, based on Kittani torpedo-grenade propulsion, give the Teuthy rapid movement through water. Eight small tentacles have been grafted to the robot globe, giving it the appearance of a chambered nautilus.
Teuthies are a very common sight around Darkwater spacecraft, space stations, and deep water vessels and facilities, hordes of them zipping around monitoring systems, checking structural integrity, and carrying out various minor tasks.

Type: Eco-KRP20/ EcoS-KRPXUW2007 Teuthy
Class: Robotic Scout/Sentry
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 15
Optics/Sensor Bulbs(10) 1 each
Mini-Arms(2) 3 each
Mini-Tentacles(8 ) 4 each

Height: 6 inches
Width: 6 inches
Length: 6 inches
Weight: 4.5 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 6
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 3 year energy life, though many supplement their core power by regularly sucking on electrical sockets
Speed: (Running) Can crawl or roll at roughly 2 MPH
(Leaping) Not applicable
(Flying) Hover to 10 MPH, maximum altitude of 800 ft
(Space) 90 MPH
(Underwater) 20 MPH, maximum depth of 8,000 ft
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Same as for the NEMA SpiderProbe(see Chaos Earth, pg. 79):
*Multi-Optics
*Telescoping Zoom Lens(2,000 ft range)
*Micro-Magnifying Optics(x2, x10, x50, x100 magnification)
*Thermo-Optics(1,000 ft range)
*Camera/Video Eye w/ live transmission
*Basic Audio w/ scrambler capability. Range: 5 miles
*Laser Distancer(2,000 ft range)
*Radiation Detector ( 100 ft range)
*Air/Water Thermometer(20 ft range)
*Molecular Analyzer(20 ft range)
Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Radio w/ scrambler capability. Range: 15 miles

*Depth Gauge

*Mini-Sonar---1 mile

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems--- Only about 30% of Teuthies ‘bots have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 2d6 MD per hour, and can repair 12 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

Weapons Systems:
1) Retractable Tool Arms(2)----The Teuthy has two mini-tool arms that can end in a small manipulator, vibro-blade(1d4 MD), pen laser wand(10 ft range, 1d4, 1d6, 2d6, 3d6 SDC or 1 MD, effectively unlimited payload), laser finger blaster( 300 ft range, 1d4 MD, 6 blasts before needing 15 minutes to recharge) , multitool(Phaseworld, pg 143), or snip-kit (use the ‘Spacer’s Friend’, Fleets of the Three Galaxies, pg. 102, as an example).

Programming:
Identical to the Spider Probe:
Basic Math 98%
Radio: Basic 98%
Prowl 72%
Tracking 60%
Land Navigation 86%
Language: Can understand 22 different languages

Also:
Underwater Navigation 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Movement: Zero Gravity
Basic Maintenance and Repair 40%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)

‘Awakened’ Teuthies can also pick up two Secondary skills at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Teuthy intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness(Track Humanoids, Track Animals, Hunting, Identify Plants and Fruits), Communications(Singing/Whistling/Humming), Electrical(Basic), and Mechanics(Basic).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +1 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +2)
Automatic Dodge +4
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Pinch/Slash w/ Tool Arm 1d4 SDC
Leap Attack/Flying Body Block 1d6 SDC

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Teuthy an aura and behavior more befitting an animal than a robot; the Teuthy may complain non-verbally when overworked, scream when damaged, and react to intruders or strangers appropriately. The Teuthy entity is fairly smart and cunning, with a parrot-like intelligence(roughly equivalent to an IQ of 5).
The Teuthy has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 6th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sixth Sense
*Sense Magic
*See Aura

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points, but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:‘Teuthy’ Robo-Assistant(E-animal)

Nice little addition.

I just got back from Anime North, met Kevin again.. called him a cyborg.. saw his x-rays.. talked to Charles "Chuck" Walton II, who said he actually followed this thread and recognized taalismn and my handles. Was great chatting to him. I almost got to look at a new book.. Heroes Of Humanity, but I didn't have time to see it (so wanted to).

I'll hopefully have more up (Rozrezard is up) soon on the wiki.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
I just got back from Anime North, met Kevin again.. called him a cyborg.. saw his x-rays.. talked to Charles "Chuck" Walton II, who said he actually followed this thread and recognized taalismn and my handles. Was great chatting to him. I almost got to look at a new book.. Heroes Of Humanity, but I didn't have time to see it (so wanted to).

Nice to know we've got Big C and others on the Mothership watching us. 8)

I've got my comet demon up here: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=150793; I can see the DarkWaters running into them in space, and maybe the Horrorwoods getting tunguska'ed by them on occasion. Now to start thinking of some Black Steel monstrosities. :twisted: .

And damn it, thinking of CW's Dog Boy power armor and the two Shemarrian derivatives we made of it, I'm now thinking of them becoming another Oresheme/Ne' sub-species like the N'R'Mar....Th Silvermoons got a silver guard of them from the Wolf's Path and deploy them as status guardians(like the Swiss Guard) so maybe other Tribes want their own too? So maybe the Blood Riders somehow 'earn' a dozen or so specialized ones as the seed of their own unit...something like the Hellhounds or the Dalmatian Guard(because what dog breed is most associated with FIRE? Dalmatians :P ). Besides a silly spotted paint job , they can be more seriously armored in heat-resistant tile armor(Samurai Dogs?), maybe breath fire?

Brain suddenly in 'jacuzzi' mode.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Nice to know we've got Big C and others on the Mothership watching us. 8)

I've got my comet demon up here: http://palladium-megaverse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=150793; I can see the DarkWaters running into them in space, and maybe the Horrorwoods getting tunguska'ed by them on occasion. Now to start thinking of some Black Steel monstrosities. :twisted: .

And damn it, thinking of CW's Dog Boy power armor and the two Shemarrian derivatives we made of it, I'm now thinking of them becoming another Oresheme/Ne' sub-species like the N'R'Mar....Th Silvermoons got a silver guard of them from the Wolf's Path and deploy them as status guardians(like the Swiss Guard) so maybe other Tribes want their own too? So maybe the Blood Riders somehow 'earn' a dozen or so specialized ones as the seed of their own unit...something like the Hellhounds or the Dalmatian Guard(because what dog breed is most associated with FIRE? Dalmatians :P ). Besides a silly spotted paint job , they can be more seriously armored in heat-resistant tile armor(Samurai Dogs?), maybe breath fire?

Brain suddenly in 'jacuzzi' mode.

Sounds like good ideas. Oh.. Chuck also mentioned how we used the Gun Wolf and the like in our Shemarrian stuff, so he's definitely loves it. And who knows.. maybe he'll make a post or something some time.
taalismn
Priest

Well, Chuck's Northern Gun stuff is kitbash paradise for Shemarrian Tinkers.
And now that Im thinking about the Andavulf conversion, I can't get the crazy out of my head...and we got thunderstorms predicted for all day tomorrow, so not a good time to be plugged in...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Well...this was a quick writeup....blew a day.
But I now also have opened up a new WIP file for BlackSteel abominations, I have names, and I have ideas....

Expanding on Charles "Chuck' Walton's Dogboy Power Armor...

Blood Rider Svarogar-----Shemar Blood Rider Oreseme
(aka ‘Hellhounds’, ‘Burnerai’, ‘Blood Dogs’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img770_zps9iempmhj.jpg

“You think NeShemar Rajeshar Evans is the maniac in that group? You could not be more wrong; Evans is practically comatose by Blood Rider standards of manic. The Renari has to constantly egg him on to get his berserk up. No, the madman in that whole bunch is the Svarogar, Akumo...that guy challenges fire dragons to duels. He walks into burning buildings, hell, he FIGHTS in burning buildings. He even fought in a volcano caldera...an ACTIVE volcano caldera! That helldog is a certified walking menace with a love of fire, even more so than certain midgets I’ve had the unfortunate acquaintance of.”

“I MAY FALL BUT MY HONOR BURNS ON!!! MY EXISTENCE ENDS BUT MY LINE CONTINUES AND YOURS SHALL KNOW NOTHING BUT ETERNAL DISGRACE FOR THE DESTRUCTION I HAVE WROUGHT UPON YOU THIS DAY!!!! WITNESS MY END BUT KNOW YOUR SUFFERING HAS ONLY BEGUN!!!! EVEN IN DEATH I CARVE MY NAME IN -FIRE- UPON YOUR UNWORTHY FLESH!!!!”
----Svarogar Flameclaw Yamato, just before kamikazing on the forces of Hell Lord Rune, in the Battle of Lansing Meta-Tower Ruins.

“RAGNAROK NOW!!!!!”
---Svarogar Steelfire Nevsky’s response to a call upon his entrapped squad to surrender.

When the Wolf’s Path Tribe gifted the Silvermoons with a pair of customized ‘Adalwulf’(‘Noble Wolf’) Oreseme in recognition of the Silvermoons’ bravery, the Wolves inadvertently started a fad of sorts. The Silvermoons were so taken with their new ’Beorhtwulf’(‘Bright Wolf’) guardians that the ‘Moons’ WarGoddess took them with her to all her diplomatic and leadership functions, and soon asked the Wolf’s Path to produce a full squad of them for her Tribe. The Wolf’s Path Oresheme were recognized as being more than just window dressing; their fierceness in battle spoke well of the Shemarrian programming/spirit built into them, and few Shemarrians soon doubted the Beorhtwulf had rightly EARNED their position as trusted guards of the Wargoddess. It became a common joke that if the Shemarrian Wolf was a Shemarrian’s best friend, than a wolf-Oresheme was a Shemarrian’s best right-hand guard.
The Blood Riders, ever a competitive sort, saw the Wolf’s Path endowment upon the Silvermoons as something of a challenge. If great bravery and heroics earned the uptight Silvermoons battle honors and suitable combat-gifts from the Wolf’s Path, could the hot-blooded Blood Riders do any less? But simply challenging the cagey Wolves for the Adalwulf was too direct, and simply copying the Wulfgar, itself a copy of Northern Gun’s NG-DX-001/HX002 Thunder Hound Power Armor, for themselves missed the point of the challenge. So the Blood Riders commenced a relative quiet campaign of gallantry to impress the Wolves and at some point claim a boon from them.
The Blood Riders got their chance when the two Tribes confronted a Black Steel Warlustress and spawn in the old Kentucky territories. The battle was fierce and in the middle of a raging forest fire, but the Blood Riders held their ground, while the Wolf’s Path circled the techno-abominations and pinned them in place long enough for the Blood Riders to burn out the infection. At the end, the triumphant Blood Riders had indeed impressed the Wolf’s Path.
Long suspecting the Blood Riders’ gambit from the envious looks they cast at the
Adalwulfen and Beorhtwulfen, the Wolf’s Path decided to grant the Riders the boon of their own version of the Wulfgar. The Wolf Tinkers were admittedly eager for some time to undertake the challenge of customizing the Wulfgar to the Blood Riders’ fighting style. That the Wolf’s Path Alphas gave them permission to outfit the Wulfgar variants such that the temperamental Blood Riders would not have reason to think that the Path did not truly respect and honor them was all the icing the Tinkers needed to do themselves proud.
The resulting Svarogar is a generous mishmash of technologies and cultural mythologies; it is named for a Slavic fire god, but resembles the Thunder Hound as imagined by Japanese engineers channeling samurai folklore, and using Kittani technology. The original power armor is, itself, dressed up in a heavily stylized overlay appliqué body armor patterned after traditional samurai armor, but made of heat-resistant armor tile(copied from pre-Rifts Golden Age spacecraft reentry shielding). Actually, from a distance, the exotic armor and revised styling make the Svarogar look less like a modified power armor of Northern Gun design, and more like a heavily armored d-bee, and that is indeed how it has been reported in Coalition States intelligence briefs. Even many in the Lazlo community believe the Svarogar to be d-bee mercenaries or allies of the Shemarrians. Even when some of the strange similarities to ancient pre-Rifts human cultures are pointed out, many Lazloites assume the Svarogar to be a variant culture of Wulfen who have had contact with ancient Japanese culture instead of Roman society.
Compared to its parent Adalwulf design, the Svarogar is slightly heavier and slower, but more heavily armored and programmed for close- in combat. Svarogar are tough, well-protected, and staunchly resolute in holding the line or facing down opponents. Svarogar are seed-programmed to be idealized forms of the stereotypical samurai; cultured and studied noble poets when not fighting, and absolute do-or-die warriors in combat, In fact, many have wondered if the Wolf’s Path wasn’t poking a bit of fun at the Blood Riders’ ‘wild and crazy’ lifestyles by giving them warrior-boons that were a bit TOO straitlaced for off-battlefield fun, and almost Skullcrusher-like in their grimdark near-suicidal dedication to winning in combat. However, most people agree that the Blood Riders’ subsequent Ecotroz Awakening of their new Svarogar legionnaires wipes away any intended jibe by making the robowarriors utterly insane when it comes to battle-crazy and glory-hounding.
Even taking into account their seeking of just such a boon, the Blood Riders are delighted with its reality and the special attention the Wolf’s Path gave it. So enraptured with it that the Blood Riders quickly made themselves several companies’ worth, deploying them with their NeShemar line units. In Blood Rider service, Svarogar are less honor guardians and elite defenders, and more armored berserkers, backing the regular Berserkers and Elites, and stiffening the NeShemar ranks. They are regarded much like the N’R’Mar, as a ‘society within a society’, with their own language, customs, and ‘traditions’(actually a mix-up of bastardized Japanese and Asian motifs and etiquette, colored heavily by Shemarrian norms). Svarogar have been observed in their own small groups in Blood Rider encampments carrying out what appear to be ablution rituals, meditation, worship(they appear to worship variously the fire, the sun, and their ancestors), martial exercises, and even various forms of tea ceremony(proving that the EShemar are perhaps even better at creating full cloth cultural facades out of thin air better than ARCHIE and Hagan).
Whether or not the examples of the Adalwulf, Beorhtwulf and Svarogar encourage other Tribes to seek their own Wulfgar is, for now, unknown.

Changes/Modifications to the DX-001 stats:
Model Type: (NG-X9THK9 PA)
‘Svarogar’ EShemar Blood Rider Oreseme
Class: EShemar Blood Rider Oreseme(Elite)
Crew: Neural Intelligence w/ possible Ecotroz essence ‘Awakening’
M.D.C. by Location:
* Head - 85+ 100 appliqué body armor
Arms (2) - 60 each+80 appliqué body armor
Legs (2) - 125 each+125 appliqué body armor
* Lower Maneuvering Jets (8) - 10 each (4 each leg)
* Retractable Forearm Vibro-Blades (2, one each forearm) - 30 each
*Plasma Bow(one shoulder) - 75
** Main Body - 190+150 appliqué body armor
* A single asterisk indicates a small and difficult target to strike, requiring the attacker to make a “called shot”, but even then the attacker is -4 to strike.
** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body will shut the vehicle down completely, making it useless.

Note: Svarogar can wear most other cyborg armors, up to Heavy types, with the appropriate penalties, but rarely wear anything other than their specialized ‘traditional’ armor.

Speed
Land: 90 mph (145 km) maximum un-armored. 75 MPH with full armor.
Leaping: Identical to the DX-001; 20 ft up/across standing jump, increase by 50% with a running start. 60 ft up/across with jet boost, again increase by 50% with a running start. Can drop safely from 200 ft; anything greater(up to400 ft) and roll 1d20: on a 1-10, takes 4d6 MD to the legs(internal structure) and lose 1d4 melee rounds getting back up. 11-20 is a safe(if shakey) landing. Fully armored, though, reduce leap distances by 25%.
Water: The Svarogar can swim at about 25% of its normal speed or walk along the bottom of a body of water (max depth 1,000 feet/305 m) at 10% of its normal speed. Fully armored-up, though, it sinks like a stone.
Flying: None.

Statistical Data
Height: 8 ft
Length: 4 ft
Width: 4 ft at shoulders
Weight: Roughly 630 lbs (245.5 kg).
Cargo: Only what can be carried strapped to the outside of the ‘bot.
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 30.
Power System: Nuclear; average energy life is 20 years.

Systems of Note:
Standard DX-001 Power Armor Systems, plus:

*Enhanced Olfactory Sensor Tracking & Targeting – The Svarogar incorporates an extra-sensitive molecular analyzer system with multiple redundancy channels working in parallel to check trace olfactory clues.
Range: 6 miles (9.6 km).
Can Track by smell at 84%, and Recognize scent at 84%

*Enhanced Stereo Sonic Sensor – Retained from the Adalwulf, the Svarogar has a powerful auditory pickup and analysis system, as well as a sonar echolocation system, installed in the head.
Range: 4 miles (6.4 km) for effective auditory ranging, 100 ft range for motion detector. Each ear provides an effective 45-degree field of sensitivity(hence the Svarogar’s ears are always twitching in watch-mode).

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar, but has also been adopted for NeShemar. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Heat Shielding ---Svarogar traditionally wear special thermal-resistant body armor, and their dark skinning is a modified form of copied thermal-kinetic armor. The dark, leathery skin takes HALF damage from Megadamage heat and plasma and concussive explosions, impacts, falls, and projectile weapons only do HALF damage as well. The samurai-styled armor plating takes only 1/4 damage from heat and plasma-based attacks.

*Heat Booster---When most things heat up, they break down. The Wolf’s Path Tinkers knew that the Blood Riders like to mix it up and get in the thick of battle where it gets hot indeed, but can’t afford to break down. The Tinkers therefore decided to throw in an experimental system that stores up overheat and converts it back into usable energy to boost performance. Since the Svarogar is normally so well insulated from heat- and plasma-attacks, if this system kicks in, it’s likely because the situation is so dire that the Svarogar NEEDS a second wind to survive and triumph. For every 15 points of MD heat damage that somehow get through the aforementioned armoring and insulation, the Svarogar has the choice of boosting one of the following stats for 1d4 melees:
- +1 strike in melee combat
- +2 MD to melee attacks(boosts physical strength)
- +10 MPH to running speed
- +1 dodge
- +1 parry
These bonuses are cumulative, but max out safely at 4 enhancements(+4 to strike, +8 MD, +40 MPH, etc...). Boosting a stat beyond this is possible, but runs the risk of doing damage to the ‘bot’s systems; 20% cumulative chance per additional enhancement boost, without a chance to cool down, of some internal component seizing up. If strike/dodge/parry has been redlined, then the Svarogar loses HALF of its HTH bonuses. If its physical strength redlines, then it will subsequently do HALF its normal hand to hand to hand damage and lifting/carrying ability. If Speed is the redline stat, then the Svarogar is reduced to 25% of its normal speed and leaping ability. These penalties last until the ‘bot can be repaired by a Tinker.
Note: It is possible for a Svarogar to safe-max one stat and use any additional absorbed heat damage to boost another stat for the duration. So a Svarogar warrior takes 75 MD of heat damage(plasma attack) and can decide to boost running speed by 40 MPH and its strike ability by +1 so it can close with its attacker and counterstrike.

*PPE Sensor---This is identical to the SNARLSystem deployed as a gun sight by the Rifts Earth Japanese military. Slightly more sensitive with a PPE trigger threshold of 40 PPE. Effective range of 200 ft, with 50% margin of error beyond that out to 500 ft.

*Self-Destruct----Svarogar retain the self-destruct systems of the old ARCHIE-made Shemarrians. Again, this is made to look like the Svarogar have a ‘death before dishonor’ clause in their warrior code, and they self-immolate(actually an internal thermite/plasma charge) if destroyed or incapacitated in danger of ignoble capture. In fact, some Svarogar even ask the Blood Rider tinkers to ENHANCE the self-destruct systems in them to inflict greater damage(up to the equivalent of a medium plasma missile warhead), the better to claim enemies ‘even in death’.

Weapon Systems:
1.) Weapon Head---- The original NG-X9THK9 power armor’s helmet was meant to be a multi-weapon platform and sensor unit, with sonic stun-shock emitter, electricity taser jaws and vice-like bite attacks. The design and mechanics of the Thunder Hound were particularly noteworthy, and this design was carried over into the Adalwulf. The large front fangs and smaller vice teeth are silver plated. The powerful hydraulic jaws are capable of biting, crushing and tearing through M.D.C. hides and armor like a mechanical bulldog would. Inside the mouth is a powerful Sonic Emitter to use against humans, animals and monsters afraid of or vulnerable to loud thunderous or ultrasonic noises. Built into the lining of the jaws is an electrostatic taser that delivers powerful jolts of electricity to bitten and seized adversaries. The entire weapons package remains unchanged on the Svarogar, as even the fully human-looking Blood Rider EShemar and even some of the NeShemar have been known to bite opponents when locked in close combat(a tactic of which the Wolf’s Path wholly approves).

a.) Assault Jaws: The NG-X9THK9’s/Adalwulf/Svarogar’s deadly hydraulic jaws can exert a bite that can penetrate M.D. hides and steel, snag flying power armor and creatures, and bite or latch onto monsters, cyborgs, drones, power armors and even some smaller robots in hand to hand combat.
Damage:
Controlled “Soft” Bite/Nip –2d6 SDC
Full Strength Bite – 2d6 MD
Power Bite – 4D4+4 M.D.
Power Bite & Lock Grip – 4D4+4 M.D. from initial power bite plus a 01-50% chance of holding on to its opponents in its teeth. This enables the Thunder Hound to hold on with its locked jaws and deliver an additional damage by shaking its head and neck violently. Each pair of shakes count as one melee attack, does 2D4 M.D. and does not require a roll to strike because the Thunder Hound is latched onto its prey with its vice jaws and teeth. To pull free, an opponent must roll 17 or higher to parry and pull free, but takes 3D4 M.D. in doing so! Otherwise, this lock grip (via only a power bite) automatically shakes lose at the end of the melee round (unless the locker Stabilize pylons are extracted). If the pylons are successfully engaged then the Thunder Hound and the victim caught in the vice are secured until the victim manages to successfully pull free by rolling a 17 a or higher for the next following 2D4 melee rounds or is released by the pilot. Note: In the alternative, the Thunder Hound/Adalwulf can simply hold on to its prey inflicting 1D4 M.D. by maintaining its grip or shock and electrocute it with its taser in its jaws.

b) Shocker Taser(aka ‘Lightning Bite’) ---The Thunder Hound was meant to be able to bite with superconductor teeth that would deliver a powerful electrical zap into an engaged opponent. The Adalwulf (and the Svarogar) retains this ability(and indeed, often intimidates opponents by showing a toothsome open-jawed grin with electricity sparking between its teeth).
Range: Melee
Damage: Inflicts an electrical shock that does 1d6 SDC/HP per jolt. However, this is STUN damage and not tissue-damage. Save at 16 or better or be -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF speed and APMs, for 1d4+1 melee rounds, +1d4 if the ‘Wulf was able to bite soft tissues(like the neck, lips, back of the knee or inside of the elbow. Being shocked five or more times, or with less than HALF hit points remaining, and failing a roll of 15 or better means falling unconscious for 2d4 melee rounds, and suffering stun penalties for a minute(4 melees) afterwards.
Rate of Fire: Each blast or multiple pulse counts as one melee attack/action.
Payload: Effectively unlimited

c.) Thunder Sonic Emitter--- Despite some opposition in the Wolf’s Path about handing over this weapon to the Blood Riders, on the basis that it was a ‘proprietary’ technology of the ‘Path, it was ultimately decided that this weapon would be carried over from the Adalwulf to the Svarogar. It was pointed out that sonic weaponry was appearing independently in a number of other Tribes and fringe tribes, and besides, a sonic stunning weapon fit with Far Eastern concepts of mystical martial arts acoustic attacks, particularly Kaijutsu. Much as some Blood Riders would initially have liked to have a flamethrower or plasma weapon breath attack, they’ve come around that the Thunder Sonic adds both variety and presence to the Svarogar’s combat capabilities.
Range: 1,600 feet (488 m) for the focused beam, 100 ft for the area of effect sonic boom.
Damage: 2d4 SDC and save versus non-lethal poison(12 or better) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rounds; -5 on initiative, -4 to strike, parry, and dodge. DOUBLE effects and duration for those with particularly sensitive hearing(including, ironically, Dog Boys). It also produces a window-shattering sonic boom in a 45-degree arc along its path out to 100 ft, temporarily deafening those caught in the area of effect(those without ear protection will be -4 to initiative and -1 to parry and dodge for 1d4 minutes, while those inside EBA, light MDC vehicles and power armor will only be deafened for 2d4 melees.
Rate of Fire: Each blast or multiple pulse counts as one melee attack/action.
Payload: Effectively unlimited

2.) Chainsaw Sword(w/ silver-plated teeth) ---Unchanged from the original(if anybody loves a good messy chainsaw melee weapon, it’s the Blood Riders) and held in a back-scabbard. Can be, but rarely is, replaced by other weapons, such as magic blades. More often replaced by a Kittani-style plasma chainsaw(6d6 MD).

3.) Yumizar Plasma Bow(1, shoulder)----The Wolf’s Path decided to replace the ‘barker cannon’ sonic weapon mounted on the shoulder with something else; a high-tech folding long bow that locks into operational mode and presents itself to the hand of the Svarogar, further reinforcing the image of a techno-samurai hellhound. However, the yumizar seems to steal an idea off the Native Americans’ Na-LB1 laser bow; instead of each pull and release of the bow string firing off a laser beam, though, the yumizar fires plasma bolts! Furthermore, with but a thought-command from the Svarogar holding it, the yumizar can shoot barrages of smaller bolts, or exploding bolts! In reality the weapon is powered directly and boosted by the Oresheme ‘bot; the bowstring-pulling is simply for show.
The yumizar CAN be detached from the Svarogar and used by others but in this mode it reverts to pull-action(though it can be e-clip powered) and only a less powerful basic plasma bolt mode is available.
Range:(Standard) 1,500 ft ( 900 ft if detached from the Svarogar)
(Shotgun)500 ft
(Plasma Grenade) 2,500 ft
Damage:(Standard) 5d6 MD per shot
(Shotgun)3d6 MD to a 12 ft area
(Plasma Grenade) 1d6x10 MD to a 10 ft area.
Rate of Fire: ECHH in the hands of the Svarogar. Plasma grenade shots take 2 APM because of the time needed to charge up.
(Detached) Pull-powering a shot takes 2 APM and a P.S. of 12 or better. For standard e-clip-fed operation, it is single shot, ECHH.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited in the hands of a Svarogar(powered by induction)
(Detached) Single shot, but conditionally unlimited using the pump-action.
Using an e-clip means 12 shots for a standard e-clip, 36 shots from a long e-clip.

4.) Combat Pylons(2) – To help secure and hold down the seized opponent, similar to the Glitterboy’s pylons, the Thunder Hound has retractable stake-like pylons built into its legs that can jettison into the ground to help stabilize and lock the power armor and its seized adversary into place. Seeing this stabilization device applied brutally in combat thrilled the Blood Riders to no end! The Svarogar similarly uses these pylons to better stand its ground against opponents who would simply try to muscle it aside. If the Svarogar decides to step on a fallen or grounded opponent and inject the pylon into them it causes 1D6 M.D., plus the victim will be impaled unless they pull themselves free with a successful roll of 18 or higher, causing an additional 2D4 M.D. of damage!

5.) Forearm Vibroblades(2)---Same as for the Wulfgar/DX-001. The Svarogar consider these weapons ‘butter knives’, but retain them as a backup weapon, especially since they are often silver-plated. Some even have the mounts modified to launch the blades(100 ft range).
Damage: 1d6 MD

6,) Forearm Weapons(2)---The Shemarrians have grafted over the ability to mount the same forearm weapons as the HX002(the human-piloted version of the DX-001) and made it modular, so the Adalwulf/Svarogar can plug and shoot the same HX022 Forearm Lasers and HX122 Ion Blasters as the production model NG power armors(indeed, they are often sourced from battlefield salvage or hijacked spare parts supplies). Other favorites include mounting standard cyborg forearm weaponry, such as machine guns, flame-throwers(Range: 250 ft for napalm gels, Damage:Wellington plasma napalm---- 3d6 MD burst, MD Gel---4D6 MD Upon contact, burning for 1D6 rounds doing 2D6 MD per round. Anything that the character touches also starts on fire. Any combustible materials within touching distance, clothes, brush, etc. also ignite. Rate of Fire: Standard. Payload: Enough fuel for 5-10 blasts, Special Features: *Multi-Fuel Capacity), Juicer Vambrace Grenade Launchers, and standard Shemarrian gauntlet lasers.

7.) Accessory Weapons---The Svarogar can pick up and use any appriopriately-scaled weapons. Given their skill programming(and this can be upgraded if required), the Oreseme can use a variety of available types. Svarogar favor Kittani-style plasma weapons, with traditional Japanese styling, so it is typical of a Svarogar to carry a long plasma sword(2d6 MD un-powered/4d6 MD powered) and a shorter version of the same(2d4 MD un-powered, 2d6 MD powered), in imitation of the ‘Daisho’-’long and short’- katana and wakizashi. High-tech bows and crossbows are also popular backup weapons. Like their Blood Rider ‘hosts’, Svarogar particularly like weapons they have ‘earned’---i.e. taken off dead or conquered opponents.

Programming/Skills:
Svarogar are typically programmed with modified AIs pulled(or copied) from the ARCHIE-3 A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot. As a combat ‘elite’, they have also been upgraded with the following skills:
W.P. Staff(starting at 8th level proficiency)
W.P. Spear(starting at 8th level proficiency)
W.P. Forked(starting at 8th level proficiency)
W.P. Archery(starting at 8th level proficiency)
Replace Pilot Airplane with Pilot Boats: Sail Types 88%
Replace Pilot Helicopter with Pilot Hovercraft 86%
Replace Pilot Combat Helicopter with Pilot Boats: Motor and Hydrofoil Types 88%
Replace Pilot Tank & APCs with Horsemanship: Exotic Animals 84%
Wrestling
Boxing
Fortification 78%
Camouflage 40%(+5% per level of experience)
Trap & Mine Detection 40%(+5% per level of experience)
Svarogar also speak a fictitious language blended of Russian, Japanese, and Chinese(a speaker of any of those languages has perhaps a 15% chance of figuring out anything of meaning hearing it).

A typical Svarogar will have the following combat bonuses:
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 9(!)
+2 Initiative(+1 from the Ecotroz)
+5 Strike
+4 Strike w/ Ranged Weapons
+8 Dodge
+8 Parry
+4 Disarm
+3 Pull Punch
+4 Roll
Critical Strike on a Natural 18-20
Automatic Knockout on Natural 20
Paired Weapons
Judo Throw/Flip (1d4 MD)
Pin/Incapacitate on Natural 18-20.
Crush/Squeeze attack (1d4 MD)
Controlled “Soft” Bite/Nip –2d6 SDC
Full Strength Bite – 2d6 MD
Power Bite – 4D4+4 M.D.
Power Bite & Lock Grip – 4D4+4 M.D. from initial power bite plus a 01-50% chance of holding on to its opponents in its teeth.
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 1d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 2d6 MD
Kick 2d4 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 2d8 MD
Pylon Impale 1d6 MD

Ecotroz-‘Awakened’ Svarogar have all the traits and psionic abilities of regular Awakened Shemarrians, including learned Secondary Skills(many Svarogar learn Domestic/Cultural skills like Calligraphy, Go, Poetry....a cyberoid warrior writing poetry can be one MEAN bastard....and even Bonsai). Some even go so far as to have themselves reprogrammed/retrained in Hand to Hand: Kendo(especially with information coming in from Japan, via Clan Shinden).
Last edited by taalismn on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:The caption was 'Mother Earth', but I can see this as a Horrorwoods Goddess-class:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/70/db/0e70db1ec3c060c1e97581fd38a12b91.jpg

Yeah, I've got an Upgrade package for them in the works. :mrgreen:

Most definately... and I'd say passive stealth when in forrested theatres of operation.

"Scare Bleu! where did vous come from!? Zut-alores mes amies, we are surrounded by tree women!"
~ Francois LeClerk; FQ scout over-reacting to a single Horrorwoods Dryad Wargoddes introducing herself to the "visitor" in her territory ;)
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Well...this was a quick writeup....blew a day.
But I now also have opened up a new WIP file for BlackSteel abominations, I have names, and I have ideas....

Expanding on Charles "Chuck' Walton's Dogboy Power Armor...

Blood Rider Svarogar-----Shemar Blood Rider Oreseme
(aka ‘Hellhounds’, ‘Burnerai’, ‘Blood Dogs’)

OOOOH! Nice. Now I have images of a Nightmare version to compliment their Hellhound.. which would be a good pairing..
Maybe a TW one for the Wayfinders.. Horrorwoods.. would be furrier :P And Skullcrusher would have bigger, more powerful for well.. crushing skulls.
I almost have an image in my head of one that's got lightning based/enhanced attacks but don't know who would use it.. ooh.. Maybe Horrorwoods.. with some TW systems to give it Elemental based powers.. good as a guardian for their Shamans and Mystics.
taalismn
Priest

OOOOH! Nice. Now I have images of a Nightmare version to compliment their Hellhound.. which would be a good pairing..
Maybe a TW one for the Wayfinders.. Horrorwoods.. would be furrier :P And Skullcrusher would have bigger, more powerful for well.. crushing skulls.
I almost have an image in my head of one that's got lightning based/enhanced attacks but don't know who would use it.. ooh.. Maybe Horrorwoods.. with some TW systems to give it Elemental based powers.. good as a guardian for their Shamans and Mystics.

The Svarogar just had so many little elements that kept coming together, almost out of the blue that I uncharacteristically tore through it in the course of a single night(up late burning the midnight oil, so to speak)....It was one of those fugue moments I really really enjoy because you're just carried by the sheer manic energy bubbling up. After struggling to come up satisfactory art for previous posts like the Renari and the Sphinx, that mindstorming was a cooling blast of refreshing air. While I started out looking for names of Japanese fire spirits, I instead found a list of Slavic deities, and that allowed me to plug in Slavic influences too. And traditional samurai weapons skills? I already had a pump-action plasma rifle, ready at hand, and so many other bits and pieces ready to be assembled.

And I have a better mental image for the Svarogar for art....it's just a matter of getting the proportions to my satisfaction. Color-wise I'm leaning towards something that looks like it came off the set of the Japanese epic Ran...Oh, yes, and benefits of having a good home reference library, I have a very good book on Japanese armor and heraldry...

And yeah, picture a Blood Rider Svarogar atop an Incendar Battle Cat(itself inspired by Asian big cat sculptures and 'fu dog' guardians.

But perhaps more importantly, I subdivided my Shemarrian files again, so I now have an 'Opposition Forces' file where completed and WIPs for bad guys are filed, with separate section-break 'chapters' for ARCHIE-3 hardware and BlackSteel Abominations...I've already laid out stat-bloc 'scaffolding' for all the canon ARCHIE-3 robots being mutated and given the new uglies names, and now it's just a matter of altering the original stats and putting some mutant meat on the bones. This means that with a definite starting point to goad me, you'll hopefully be seeing new monstrosities with names like Warlustress, Wraithtongue, Gremwrencher, Burn-Bleeder, Infectus, and NightSlasher coming out in the next few weeks...I'll be studying EVIL(which will also, probably, spawn more goodniks in the interim) :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:
taalismn wrote:The caption was 'Mother Earth', but I can see this as a Horrorwoods Goddess-class:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/0e/70/db/0e70db1ec3c060c1e97581fd38a12b91.jpg

Yeah, I've got an Upgrade package for them in the works. :mrgreen:

Most definately... and I'd say passive stealth when in forrested theatres of operation.

"Scare Bleu! where did vous come from!? Zut-alores mes amies, we are surrounded by tree women!"
~ Francois LeClerk; FQ scout over-reacting to a single Horrorwoods Dryad Wargoddes introducing herself to the "visitor" in her territory ;)

"Maybe if you introduce yourself, Lief, they'll mistake you for a relative!"
"Not funny, 'Mort'."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

The Svarogar just had so many little elements that kept coming together, almost out of the blue that I uncharacteristically tore through it in the course of a single night(up late burning the midnight oil, so to speak)....It was one of those fugue moments I really really enjoy because you're just carried by the sheer manic energy bubbling up. After struggling to come up satisfactory art for previous posts like the Renari and the Sphinx, that mindstorming was a cooling blast of refreshing air. While I started out looking for names of Japanese fire spirits, I instead found a list of Slavic deities, and that allowed me to plug in Slavic influences too. And traditional samurai weapons skills? I already had a pump-action plasma rifle, ready at hand, and so many other bits and pieces ready to be assembled.

And I have a better mental image for the Svarogar for art....it's just a matter of getting the proportions to my satisfaction. Color-wise I'm leaning towards something that looks like it came off the set of the Japanese epic Ran...Oh, yes, and benefits of having a good home reference library, I have a very good book on Japanese armor and heraldry...

And yeah, picture a Blood Rider Svarogar atop an Incendar Battle Cat(itself inspired by Asian big cat sculptures and 'fu dog' guardians.

But perhaps more importantly, I subdivided my Shemarrian files again, so I now have an 'Opposition Forces' file where completed and WIPs for bad guys are filed, with separate section-break 'chapters' for ARCHIE-3 hardware and BlackSteel Abominations...I've already laid out stat-bloc 'scaffolding' for all the canon ARCHIE-3 robots being mutated and given the new uglies names, and now it's just a matter of altering the original stats and putting some mutant meat on the bones. This means that with a definite starting point to goad me, you'll hopefully be seeing new monstrosities with names like Warlustress, Wraithtongue, Gremwrencher, Burn-Bleeder, Infectus, and NightSlasher coming out in the next few weeks...I'll be studying EVIL(which will also, probably, spawn more goodniks in the interim) :twisted:

Awesome. Hey.. send me a copy of your files for the Opposition forces.. I want to see what you've got and see if I can get my juices going for some more opposition forces. I've got a few ideas, but don't want to step on your toes or use them as jumping point. kronos182@gmail.com you can send via email
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[q

Awesome. Hey.. send me a copy of your files for the Opposition forces.. I want to see what you've got and see if I can get my juices going for some more opposition forces. I've got a few ideas, but don't want to step on your toes or use them as jumping point. kronos182@gmail.com you can send via email

Will do, but I gotta warn you; as is, the stuff's pretty scant....I'm lining up some cut-and-paste material, but I'm gonna be focusing on new stuff for the BlackSteel nasties. :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[q

Will do, but I gotta warn you; as is, the stuff's pretty scant....I'm lining up some cut-and-paste material, but I'm gonna be focusing on new stuff for the BlackSteel nasties. :twisted:

That's ok. That reminds me.. you had idea for Horrorwoods Wargoddess.. and I had an idea.. how far you got on that?
taalismn
Priest

That's ok. That reminds me.. you had idea for Horrorwoods Wargoddess.. and I had an idea.. how far you got on that?

Not very far....RL issues came up before I could spend any real sit-down time hammering out ideas and solid stats...lost some momentum there.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

NEMA Weaponry in Shemarrian Service

“It’s bad enough that those d-bee amazons are copying our stuff! It’s bad enough that they pointed the raisin-heads at us! But now we have hordes of Squilb showing up armed and armored ‘like their ancestors in the days of the Great Darkness’ eager to join us! Why’d the damned Shemarrians have to show us up like that!?”
---Major Elisa Thompkins, Republican Special Forces

“How’s this for irony? The box-in-a-brain’s FINALLY benefitting the people of America...or at least his production lines are. Thing is, those production lines are in the hands of somebody else now. Damn think-box lost us even that.”
---Thaddius Michaels, Official Repubican HQ Historian

“I don’t care about the history of this laser rifle, its lineage, or its godsdamned legacy. There’s better and more expensive weapons out there, but there’s also cheaper and shoddier. No, what matters is that this weapon is HERE, in my hands, and it WORKS, and works well! It stops a charging rhino-buffalo, vaporizes a walking dead, kills a slaver, it’s good by me!”
---Paddagan McKenzie, village militiaman, Shemarrian Nation, Wolf’s Path steadings.

“Really? This thing’s something the Americans that used to be around here used? No matter, sir, I don’t know if it’s really an ‘LGR-360’, I just know it as what I use to reach out and touch somebdy HARD.”
---Templar Evans, NeShemar Rajeshar , Shemarrian Nation, Blood Riders

“Only a warrior people would give a weapon a name like ‘Pinky’.”
---Lovis Pinchot, Scholar, New Lazlo University

A recent flood of NEMA small arms(see Rifts Chaos Earth, pgs 54-61), post-Shemarrian Civil War, can be traced to the Reformed Shemarrian Nation, where many NeShemar auxiliary troops have be observed carrying apparently new NEMA-style weaponry. While the EShemarrians had previously been equipping their cyborg, bonded, and assimilated troops with salvaged or outsourced weaponry, or examples of their own rather heavy small arms, post-War saw them gain access to a more standardized array of weaponry. It is widely believed that one of the peace dividends of the conclusion of the SCW was the discovery, or unsealing, of a large stockpile-cache of NEMA weapons. In fact, the truth is that the new weapons are new manufacture, mainly produced at the Factory/Temple-9 site(all the Tribes have smaller batch-production capability through their hidden Assembly Forges). Both original configuration and stylistically-altered versions of the NEMA small arms are produced there and distributed to the various Tribes and their affiliates. Remodeled versions differ primarily in having their external casings resculpted to a more Shemarrian visual aesthetic, and being able to be powered/recharged by induction by Shemarrian gynoids, androids, and cyborgs.
Besides the second-echelon troops and NeShemar, these newly-issued weapons are commonly carried by the Shemar themselves as secondary weaponry.
The remodeled weapons are known as the following:

*NEMA PLP-20 “Police Special” Laser Pistol----EShe-NLP020 “Shemenikarpal”(aka ‘Shemar’s Little Finger” or ‘Pinkie’....a reference to Shemarrian laser vambraces and laser finger implants). The Silvermoons have an improved variant, the NLP020Sm, with a range of 1,250 ft.

*NEMA MIP-21 “Crime Stopper” Maxi-Ion Pistol----EShe-NIP021 “Nipper”(from its anglicized acronym). The Silvermoons have a variant, the NIP021Sm, which generates explosive ablation on its target, resulting in a concussive contact explosion that effectively does knockdown; human-sized targets must roll or surpass, on a d20, the shooter’s ‘to strike’ roll, or be knocked off their feet and back 1d4 ft, and lose initiative and 1 APM. This latter variant has been nicknamed the Niktor(“Knocker”) after a ritual gavel-like instrument used in Shemarrian judicial proceedings.

*NEMA LSR-250 “Sharpshooter” Laser Rifle----EShe-NLR-250 ‘Shrier’(“Sunbeam”). The Silvermoons produce an upgraded version, gaining in popularity, using improved optics: the NLR-250Sm has an effective range of 3,750 ft. The Darkwaters have a variant, the NLR-250Dw, with variable frequency capability, nicknamed ‘Masskyra’(‘Paintbrush’) owing to the fact that the varying beam frequencies can actually be distinguished by the Shemarrians’ advanced optics.

*NEMA LGR-360 “Terror Stopper” Laser Grenade Rifle----EShe-NLR360 “Trazzer”(“Thunder+Lightning/Thunderclap/Thunderstroke”). A Silvermoon-made version, the NLR360Sm, has an effective laser range of 2,250 ft.

*NEMA PR-470 “Hot Seat” Plasma Rifle----EShe-NPR470 ‘Nidus’(“Igniter’. Also ‘Mega-Zippo’ amongst humans). The Blood Riders have a variant, the NPR470Br, which has a ‘scatter fire’ mode, doing 4d6 MD to a 10 ft wide area, at a range of 800 ft.

*NEMA PR-476 ‘Incinerator’ Plasma Cannon----EShe-NPR476 “Volcus”(‘Firespitter’). A weapon incorporating both a plasma projector and a mini-missile launcher is something of a novelty for the Shemarrians. Ironically, several of these weapons were sold by the Blood Riders to Greater New England’s Paladin Steel, who created and marketed an upgraded, modular, multi-mode variant of their own, the PSPPR-25 ‘Flashburn’ Plasma Rifle, before the Blood Riders could produce a variant of their own, similar to their NPR470Br.

*NEMA GLR-540 “Thunderer” Grenade Launcher----EShe-NGLR540 ‘Chunda”(‘Bonecracker”). Missile weapons, until the end of the Shemarrian Civil War, were rather rare, and something of a novelty for the logistics-strapped Shemarrian forces. After the SCW’s end, and the establishment of secured weapons production and supply, grenade and missile launchers really came into vogue. The Chunda is seeing a great deal of experimentation with various different grenade loads.

*NEMA ML-557 “Destroyer” Mini-Missile Rifle----EShe-NML557 “Denikker”(‘Fire Bow”). This weapon is beginning to appear in numbers throughout the Shemarrian Nation and is seeing the same sort of experimentation with different warhead types as the grenade launchers.

*NEMA R-660 “Striker” Rail Gun----EShe-NRG660 “Scava-shron”(‘Scava-lite’). Terran-made infantry rail guns are generally regarded as inferior the traditional Scava rail rifles of the Shemarrians. At best, they are named and treated as ‘lesser cousins’, and assigned to second-echelon troops and vehicles. The Ne’R’Mar are often seen sporting these weapons, though many outsiders assume that they are scavenged and refurbished original NEMA weapons. Among the Ne’R’Mar, NRG660s and NRG670s are jokingly nicknamed ‘Spira’ (‘Drill’) or ‘Punchatta’(‘Jackhammer’).

*NEMA R-670 “Lightning” Rail Gun----EShe-NRG670 “Scava-sutek”(‘Scava-little sibling’). A little more respected as a weapon, but still regarded as fit for support troops and rear echelon defense.

NEMA Body Armors
The Shemarrians have also figured out how to use the factory facilities to create body armor materials similar to those used in NEMA body armors. The SN doesn’t produce new suits of NEMA EBA-130, however, but a stylistically-different model (generally refered to as SheGEBA-01) that more closely resembles the Male Shemarrians’ body armor, only with more coverage. Main body MDC of 120, and -5% to climbing, -10%to prowl, swim, and acrobatics. Each Tribe produces slightly aesthetically-different suits of armor for the troops, auiliary forces, and community militia in their respective regions. More enhaned/augmented suits may be issued to specific individuals or specialized units.

Note: Republican-designed weaponry(Rifts Sourcebook One, revised, pgs. 135-136.) is NOT replicated by the Shemarrians(the templates used were retained by the Republican hackers and ARCHIE-3 doesn’t have any memory of the specifics of the revamped weapons). The EShemar COULD reverse-engineer them easily enough, but have not, honoring an agreement with the Republicans over the repatriation of the Thirty Thousand and their equipment.
The Republicans now openly mass-produce their own designs at the Factory/Temple-7 complex that they control. Still, the Republicans aren’t exactly happy that brand-spanking new NEMA weaponry, even if of an older pattern, is showing up in the ranks of the Shemarrian forces. To the Republican high command, it’s a reminder that not all of the NEMA equipment(i.e. the HQ-ECC and associated factory complexes) has been repatriated to their hands. The Shemarrians have either held onto stockpiles that rightfully( in the Republicans’ minds) belong to the heirs of NEMA, or else unlawfully continue to control the factories producing new weaponry.

Another group not pleased with the resurgence of the NEMA weaponry is the Splugorth Minions, some of whom are long-lived enough to remember the last time those weapons were in abundance, And this time around, as much as they’d love to re-enact the smashing and enslavement of the last group that used them, there are too many groups along the American Eastern Seaboard with the means of making any such attempt too costly for the Splugorth, short of pouring in huge reinforcements from offworld.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:NEMA Weaponry in Shemarrian Service

This.. this is the best part :D

Which book are these in? I forget off hand.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:NEMA Weaponry in Shemarrian Service

This.. this is the best part :D

Which book are these in? I forget off hand.

(see Rifts Chaos Earth, pgs 54-61)

That was a line that imaged from the thought that, like the Japanese military in WW2, the Shemarrians probably don't regard pistols as serious weapons, Still, by comparing it to a part of their Goddess's anatomy("She can kill you with her pinky!") they still get boasting milage.

Yeah, I realized that the Shemarrians would be quick to improve on what they 'inherited' from ARCHIE-3. The Mechanoid small arms designs, with the exception of the plasma rifle, were less intriguing, so I dropped them from consideration.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Genuine Imitation Mounts(GIMs)
(Aka ‘Gimkirgs’----SCRIPT slang)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img773_zps5hte9yn9.jpg

“Sure, being part of a nomadic society means paring things down to the essentials, and android and cyborg bodies don’t require as much daily supply as mundane flesh-and-blood, but the ‘Nation’s still a TECHNOLOGICAL society; it still needs a lot of gear just to get by. Bed rolls, portable shelter, spare parts, spare ammo, spare weaponry, communciations, materials processing, medical gear, portable backups for just about everything....and then you got personal gear, loot, pleasures, and whatever nomads pick up because it looks interesting and might be worth trading to somebody esle later. ‘Traveling light’ for a nomad still means carrying a lot of gear.
Even though I’m a second-tier outrider, I still got to tote around a fair bit of tack and rig. Some others like me like to get two or three smaller spare mounts to carry their stuff and give them a back-up ride if their primary gets shot out from under them. Me, I got a lumbering lump called a ‘bontu’ that’s hard on the eyes, but easy on the ride, and tough as a stump. Fug’s a sweet old beast for a machine and whoever programmed him apparently threw in enough quirks that times I think Fug’s really a living, breathing, drooling, farting, giant lawnmower. But I’ve been in some situations that a live mount would have either run and left me, or died on the spot. Fug’s stayed by me and stood up to the situation like a ‘Terminator’. I don’t think I’d ever trade Fug in for a fancier Warmount, even if one was offered to me. I’ve gone many miles with this big diesel-bull, and I expect to go many more miles with him.”

---Templar Evans, NeShemar Rajeshar , Shemarrian Nation, Blood Riders

“Something funny about those paraceratheriums out there; you’re not supposed to see big herbivores acting like sheepdogs, herding big predators all coordinated like that. It ain’t just defensive huddling, it seems outright tactical aggressive maneuvering....”
---Almos Treeb, Wilderness Scout and Naturalist.

Ever since the days of enslavement under the Dark One(ARCHIE-3) the Shemarrians have used a variety of robotic animal mounts, besides the Monst-rex and the Monst-Crane. These robots tended to be patterned after large herbivores and carnivores of Rifts Earth, were quite impressive in their own right, being fully as capable as the aforementioned Warmounts and played a vital role in the Tribes(the Wolf’s Path, Hawkmoon, and Ghost Riders made extensive use of robot Rhino-Buffaloes, the Silvermoons and Skullcrushers Fury Beetles, and the Horrorwoods used Ostrosaurus replicants), they tended to get less attention than the Monstrex and Monstr-Crane. During the Shemarrian Civil War, both sides tended to focus their resources on producing the wholly robotic-looking A-001/002, A-003, and A-006/007 over the more natural-looking replicant types, as the economies of war tended to favor armor and weaponry over disguise.
Under the Reformed Shemarrian Nation, the EShemars’ expanded industrial base and resource pool meant that they could produce a wider range or robotic animals, but the original robot Rhino-Buffaloes, Fury Beetles and Ostrosauri increasingly lost pride-of-place in those Tribes that used them, as newer and more specialized Warmounts were developed. Though they continued to be produced, the GIMs were more often shifted to second-echelon duties, such as hauling caravan wagons or flatbeds, or wandering in ‘feral’ patrol packs. New GIMs, based on other animal types, joined the ranks as the Tribes expanded and encountered more creatures of interest, but though their robot ‘cyborged’ replicants might be as capable in combat, they consistently failed to make the Shemarrian Codex and the ‘K-’ designation(for ‘Kaisaraze’, or ‘New Animal’ in Shemarrian). There are many more GIMs in service than there are K-designate Warmounts, but they rarely receive much attention. Often, splinter-tribes may produce small production run batches of GIMs based on fauna found in their immediate area, and new Fringe Tribes often produce their first warmounts as robot copies of animals already familiar to them, rather than try to design wholly new robofauna as a first effort. All of these types have apparently gone unrecognized(or at least un-innumerated) by the Shemarrian establishment.
However, the Lazlo University Shemarrian Codex Remuneration(or Registration) Index Project Taskforce(SCRIPT) has learned that the Shemarrians themselves have recently introduced a designation to these unsung types. Ride-able GIMs are now designated as KRG---‘Kaiseraze Renoa Gaiyal’ or ‘local new beasts of utility’, a reference to the GIMs typically being patterned after local animals.
The KRG designation blanket-covers replicant ‘feral’ and ‘full conversion’ versions of ride-able mount-animals from the original Rhino-Buffaloes, Fury Beetles and Ostrosauri, to newer kinds such as smaller robohorses, robodinosaurs, Breauxian Bontu, and cyberwhales. Because of the vast number and sub-varieties of GIMs produced across the width and breadth of the Shemarrian Nation(especially the Shemarrian STAR Nation), they rarely receive a reporting code(especially by outsiders, who don’t realize that the local beast of burden they see being walked by a Shemarrian is really a cleverly disguised robot), but are typically used in Shemarrian census-inventories as the animal type name prefixed by ‘KRG’. So a truly comprehensive codex listing would list individual GIM types in the following format as ‘KRG-(Fury Beetle), ‘KRG-(Armandian Bontu)’, ‘KRG-(Ostrosaur)’, ‘KRG-(Clysdale)’, and the like. GIM/KRGs rarely(only about 15% of their total numbers) appear as full-conversion ‘cyborgs’ or blatant robotic imitations like some of the more extreme Warmounts, but are more often found as fully realistic-looking ‘feral’ forms(60%) or as partial conversion cyborgs(25%).
With the development of the more advanced and/or specialized Kaiseraze, the original GIMs have tended to lose their former positions as front-line Warmounts. Tribes like the Wolf’s Path have upgraded their front battle lines to riding K-types such as the EcoS-K-9 Steel Claw, the Horrorwoods have given up most of their Ostrosaurs for EcoS-K-12 VelociClaws, and the Silvermoons now favor the Fury Beetle’s successor, the EcoS-K-49 Thunderbeetle. Nowadays, it is novice warriors, support personnel and transport troops, as well as NeShemar(who originally had to make due with scrounged vehicles, live mounts, cyborg horses, and robots), who will be assigned a GIM. However, KRG-GIMs are NOT defective second-rate warmount failures, it should be emphasized. Most of the types(especially the ‘full conversion’ models) are as effective in battle as the early Kaiseraze, and the more wildly-customized models are ready equals of the later K-series Warmounts.
As mentioned before, virtually all Tribes produce GIMs/KRGs, but the Horrorwoods Tribe continues to be the largest manufacturer, either to serve its many planetary enclaves or by commission.

(Note: GIMs are covered in general stat guideline , detail in Rifts Shemarrian Nation, pg. 75.)

Sample KRG:
The following is fairly typical of a GIM/KRG, and is based on a bontu, a species(or general category) of large animal common to the Heroes Unlimited universe(see Aliens Unlimited Galaxy Guide, pgs 125-126), but also known to be found throughout other universes. Bontu Breauxi is a reptilean omnivore that displays a high mutation/adapatibility rate, great strength and endurance, and is fairly easily domesticated, making it a popular beast of burden with a number of peoples, including the EShemarrians. The EShemar produce small numbers of both ‘feral’ and ‘cyborged’ variants of the bontu.

Type: EcoS-KRG-Bontu Breauxi Lantos(Partial Bionic Conversion)
Class: Robotic Warmount, Genuine Imitation Mount
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 300
Head 100
Tail 100
Legs(4) 120 each(Bionic Limbs)
Height: 17 ft at shoulders
Width: 12 ft at shoulders
Length: 34 ft
Weight: 38 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms, pannier racks on the saddle harness.
Many owners/riders get internal compartments similar to those mounted inside the Black Market Smuggler Robot Horses and Dinosaurs(See Rifts Black Market, pg 171).
Can haul up to 80 tons.
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 40
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim at about 17 MPH.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 5 mile range) and other standard Shemarrian-animal equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---Has the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 80 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Faux Flesh---This particular type of GIM sports fake scaled skin and musculature, and a natural-looking head and eyes, but has obvious bionic legs.

*Kinetic-resistant Armor---The tough scaly thick psuedo-flesh actually absorbs kinetic attacks very well, dissipating their energy; megadamage kicks, punches, concussive explosions, impacts, falls, and projectile weapons only do HALF damage.

Weapons Systems:
None standard, beyond any natural weapons like jaws, claws, tusks, and horns, but favorite upgrades include standard Warmount eye lasers and some sort of breath weapon(chemical sprayer, flame-thrower, plasma or ion blaster) .
Partial and full-conversion ‘cyborgs’ typically have provision for mounting 1-2 modular weapons similar to those standard to the Monst-Rex.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs in their GIM/KRGs, then usually(60%) infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Typically has the same programming as the baseline Monst-Rex, with the following changes:
Swimming 70%---The rather bulbous Bontu is a pretty good swimmer and has built-in flotation.
Climbing---The stubby-legged Bontu is a terrible climber (unless otherwise outfitted with extra limbs or improved legs) ----20%/0%

The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the KRG intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore, Espionage(Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment), Wilderness( Hunting)
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +2
Strike +2 (+2 w/ any built-in ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Bite 2d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 1d8 MD (2d8 MD with a running start in excess of 40 MPH)
Tail Swat 1d6 MD, and the great mass of the thick tail means that there is an 80% chance of knock-down(lose 1 APM and Initiative), 60% chance of being stunned(-10 to strike, dodge, parry, and roll, NO Initiative, HALF speed and APMs for 1d4 melees).
Stomp (targets cannot be taller than 3 ft) 1d6 MD
Power Stomp(rears up on rear legs and brings the forelegs down. Takes 2 APMs and can tackle targets up to 8 ft tall) 4d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Bontu-Borg an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. The Bontu-Borg is a placid, obedient omnivorous critter that will normally be content to graze or snooze, but will go Cape Buffalo if provoked, or if its owner is threatened. Bontu-Borgs can be surprisingly intelligent and perceptive, paying close attention to their environment, even(maybe ESPECIALLY) when their riders aren’t(or can’t), and will alert their fellows when something seems amiss.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8, though the Cyborg Bontu have an unusually high IQ of 11), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Susceptible to Exorcism and Banish spells, but are +6 to save against such spells, +1 at levels 4, 8, and 12 of experience, and becoming IMMUNE at level 14 and up. Such Banishment causes the ‘bot to revert to its default robot programming. (OPTION: Ecotroz may become IMMUNE to Exorcism and Banishment with experience, and NEW BUILT EShemar constructs are immune to this)

Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Some illos:
First up: a Genuine Imitation Mount: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img773_zps5hte9yn9.jpg

Next up is the Wayfinder Soul Collection/Transfer Gauntlet in ominous(but ultimately beneficial) action: http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img774_zpso7u4zppe.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Shemarrian Omake Theater Presents:

Minako Aino walks into a room, sees Rei Hino slumped in a chair nearby.
"Hey, Rei, have you heard about the 'Cover Up the Sailor Scouts' parental movement gaining momentum in the local papers?"
"...urghh..."
"Seems somebody's been displaying a rather risqué amount of skin in the course of some of the recent Senshii battles. Even more than used to be the norm. They're talking about 'lines being crossed'."
"Something about 'sending the wrong message to impressionable youth'."
"....gahhh..."
"Then there's the upswing in popularity from the 'adult entertainment' sector."
'...eeekk...."
"Look on the bright side, there's also been announcement that a certain somebody is being awarded a Special Achievement Award by the Greater Japan Ecdysiasts' Society."
'....(bawls)..."
"Just thought you'd like to know."
"...(whimpering)...."
"...too easy..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EShemar KIP-22 Kinetic-Ion Pistol
(aka ‘Kipper’)

“Yeah, right! ‘Let’s attack the girls in the silver metal bras and bikinis, they’re camp followers!’ Idiot! Think the Silvermoons don’t take care of their ‘campfollowers’?! Think they’d let ANY of theirs come up into the disputed zones dressed like that unless they could take care of themselves? What was your first clue, the enhanced laser wrist blasters? The nanotech body armor suddenly flowing over them? The power bolts suddenly tossing our gang all over the landscape? Fanglithdamnitall, ANYTHING associated with the Shemar is going to be dangerous!”

“In the past the Shemarrians seemed to regard pistol small arms as inconsequential, and effectively not worthy as serious weapons. Newer developments like this one show that the Shemarrians may be changing their minds about that, and are seeing small arms in a different light. The fact that they’re equipping their auxiliaries with these improved weapons may seem like they still don’t take pistoleering seriously, but it can also been seen as the Shemarrians hardening and upgrading their organization at all levels, with attention paid to ALL their weaponry.”

Though better known for their expertise with photonics, which they have liberally applied to almost all laser weapons in their Tribe, the Silvermoons developed the KIP-22 in response to that very expertise. Specifically, the KIP-22 was designed for the Tribe’s NeShemar auxiliaries, who came to be increasingly specifically targeted by enemies of the Tribe. Those enemies, knowing of the Silvermoons’ favoring of laser weaponry, would attack the ‘softer’ NeShemar rear echelon units while wearing laser-resistant protections, reducing the advantage of advanced laser weaponry.
The KIP-22 is an arguably ugly stubby heavy energy pistol(though the Silvermoons argue that the aesthetics, of lack thereof, are deliberate, to make the weapon as intimidating as possible). It is based on the NIP-21Sm, itself a modification of the NEMA MIP-21 “Crime Stopper” Maxi-Ion Pi, but adds enough extras derived from copied technology to qualify as a new weapon(although many consider the KIP-22 a ‘deluxe’ version of the NIP-21Sm). Besides the already powerful ion blast and burst capability, the KIP-22 can, with a though from its gynoid/android/cyborg shooter, fire a scattershot blast ideal for dealing with multiple targets. The KIP-22 also carries over the enhanced ‘knockdown’ blast aspect of the NIP-21Sm.
All combined, this makes the KIP-22 a rather expensive and sophisticated weapon for one meant for ‘second echelon’ troops and auxiliaries, but the Silvermoons recognize that their NeShemar rearguard is arguably as important as their frontline troops. The KIP-22 is already proving popular with NeShemar units, starting with Silvermoon auxiliaries, and the weapons have already begun appearing in smaller numbers with other Tribes.

Weight: 3.8 lbs
MDC: 30
Range: 800 ft
(Scattershot Mode) 500 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD triple burst
Generates a concussive contact explosion that effectively does knockdown; human-sized targets must roll or surpass, on a d20, the shooter’s ‘to strike’ roll, or be knocked off their feet and back 1d4 ft, and lose initiative and 1 APM.
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage.
(Scattershot Mode) 2d6 MD to a 12 ft wide area
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: 21 single shots/7 bursts. Effectively unlimited powered by induction when held by Shemarrian gynoids, androids, and cyborgs.
Special Features:
Laser Targeting--- +1 strike with single shots
Cost: Exclusive to the Shemarrians and not offered for sale, but if it were, it could be expected to bring 55,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

DiamondDust Armor
(aka ‘DiamondSkin’)

“Your warriors go into combat wearing only bikinis?”
“No...whatever gave you that idea? Oh...that’s Yoko, she’s a NeShemar and a novice. She’s still working on her confidence and getting down to full skin. I predict once she gets used to wearing her diamondskin, she’ll lose the cover-ups.”

“...okay...you’ve CLEARLY been working out since the last time I saw you.”
“What can I say? I’m virtually an entirely new person, from head to toe.”
“And shiny too. Like glitter body powder much?”
“Diamond dust is a girl’s best friend. Ogle later, kill the brodkil now. I presume that IS why you’re here?”

“For all that that millimeter-thin coating of nanoparticles has to do, and can do, the networked nanites are incredibly sophisticated in terms of programming and processing power. If you really think about it, that’s some seriously smart body jewelry.”

DiamondDust Armor is yet another new Clan Skyeklad ‘invisible’ armor, that allows the tribe members to be fully protected while not appearing to be wearing anything substantial at all. DDA consists of microplatlets of crystal-carbon that are held together by networked ‘smart’ nanites to form a skintight suit of crystalline scale-mail. To the naked eye, DiamondDust Armor resembles shimmering glitter, giving the skin a highlighted shiny look, with ‘pixelated’ reflections. Like the previous Cloud and Sandstorm armors, DiamondDust Armor is carried in a set of bracers, greaves, and neckpiece/choker that store the dormant nanites and nanoparticles when not in use, and are powered by induction from the gynoid/cyborg’s own power systems.
DiamondDust Armor scavenges carbon from the environment and converts it into buckyfibers and crystal armor. As carbon is very abundant in most environments, this gives the armor a ready resource from which to regenerate. Fire-pits and fireplaces, furnace ash piles, burnt buildings, forest-fire sites, and other burn sites are rich in carbon for the armor to use. It’s also common for the SkyeKlad to carry bags of lampblack, charcoal, or other forms of carbon for the armor to readily assimilate into its crystal structure.
Besides providing skintight protection, DiamondDust Armor can also be used to manipulate light in various subtle and useful ways, such as refracting and reflecting lasers. It can also grow razor-sharp crystals useful as melee weapons, and alter its surface texture to provide abrasive and traction-grabbing surfacing.
DiamondSkins are proving very popular with SkyeKlad tribe members because the armor offers protection without obscuring the wearer’s physique(and tribe members tend to be exhibitionist-proud of their physiques, constructed or not). DiamondDust Armor is exclusive to the Skyeklad tribe and can only be worn/used by specially upgraded gynoids/androids and NeShemar cyborgs of the tribe.

Weight: Bracers, greaves, and necklace together weigh a total of 22 lbs

MDC: Bracers, greaves, and necklace have 40 MDC each. The DiamondDust grants 80 MDC and regenerates at a rate of 5 MDC per minute.

Special Properties:
-Laser Reflective---The multiple crystalline mirrors reduce laser damage by HALF. The mirror reflective properties can also be altered, defeating variable frequency lasers.
*Parry Lasers----The wearer can parry lasers(no bonus), and, if they have enough warning, can attempt to redirect a laser blast they know is coming at them; such attempts are at -5 to strike(before any bonuses the gynoid has are applied), maximum range is only 25% of the maximum range of the attacking weapon, and damage is HALF what it normally would be.
-Crystal Spikes----The DiamnondSkin can grow molecularly sharp spikes on the hands and feet, giving a +1d4 MD to punches and kicks.
-Scratchers---Finger and toe nails are hardened to become tough and sharp; +2 SDC damage to each finger/toe; a favorite hobby of wearers of DiamondSkin is to etch glass with their diamond-hardened nails.
-Traction Pads----The angle of the crystal platelets can be changed to present an abrasive or more resistant surface; the wearer can perform a ‘sandpaper’ strike with a palm or forearm/backhand that does an additional +1d4 SDC(or +1 MDC when performing an MDC attack), and ‘microgritting’ hands and feet gives a +5% to climbing skill.
-Sensor Baffling---The micro-fine mirrors can be used to generate an optical blur that obscures the outline and exact location of the wearer; -3 to strike the wearer, and laser targeting is useless.

Range: Self

Rate of Fire:
The DiamondSkin can be maintained for 1 hour before it shuts down and requires 1d4 minutes to recharge. It takes about 1d4 minutes for the armor to form, depending on available carbon in the local environment(the average modern workplace will typically require about a minute to form, while next to a large fireplace, burnt structure, or fossil-fuel fire will take only 30 seconds.

Penalties:
Options/Upgrades:
*Heavy Mode---’Heavy’ Mode accretes even more crystal into visible, sharp-angled panes and crystals. This is more obvious and heavier(+50 lbs) but gives 260 MDC main body, +80 each arm, +100 each leg, and +60 to the head. Sensor baffling is lost, but the wearer can grow more crystal spikes on the shoulders, forearms, knees, head, and back, giving damage bonuses to strikes involving those parts. It takes 1d8 minutes for full crystal armor to form.

*Crystal Shield---The armor can generate a smaller and more limited crystal shield or buckler on the vambrace. A buckler (one-handed shield) is roughly 1-2 ft in diameter and has 45 MDC, is +1 to block/parry, and takes roughly 1d4 melees to form. A heavy two-handed shield is 3-5 ft in its largest dimension, has 100 MDC, and takes 1d8 melees to grow.

*Crystal Weapons----These are larger versions of the crystal spikes, and form from a hilt device that can be attached to the bracers and/or greaves, charging until ready for use. A crystal knife does 1d6 MD and takes about 45 seconds to form, a crystal short sword 1d8 MD and takes 1 minute to form, a crystal long sword or saber does 2d6 MD and takes 1d4 minutes to form, while a crystal great/2-handed sword does 3d6 MD and takes 1d6 melees to form. Unlike normal crystal blades that shatter when held against vibroweapons, DiamondSkin blades are reinforced by their formative nanites and their tension field, and thus do NOT shatter like regular crystal.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:The Wayfinder Hatshepsa (remember her? It's a ways back---pg. 67) finally gets TWO illos:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img777_zps04yj65b1.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img780_zps39nk3pkr.jpg

Looking good. I've been busy with stuff I've got ideas I just haven't had a chance to work on.. plus the wikia is behind... so behind.
taalismn
Priest

Well, my good news is despite the good weather making it hard to get into an evil mindset, I'm getting closer to posting some REAL opposition forces/evilness, rather than just toying with theoreticals(I figure something is more than 50% done when I start editing material OUT of it rather than piling it in).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Well, my good news is despite the good weather making it hard to get into an evil mindset, I'm getting closer to posting some REAL opposition forces/evilness, rather than just toying with theoreticals(I figure something is more than 50% done when I start editing material OUT of it rather than piling it in).

Awesome. I'll try and have something uploaded on the wikia this weekend, depending on when I get back from visiting family. Although I have access to the information here, it's a little harder to work on the wikia on a 10.5" tablet screen.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Blood Rider Renarii Elite
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Renari_zpsjyabfowy.jpg

Average Size: Meant to fall within human norms; typically 5-6 ft tall and proportional to that.
Weight: 160-300 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to PS. 20, PP. 24, PB. typically falls in the 12-18 range(Most Renari elect to max out in the ‘adorably cute’ or ‘drop dead gorgeous’ category).

Power System: Nuclear
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 35, PP. 24,.
Cargo: Only what can be carried.

I was going to upload the Renarii.. and noticed this.. Which PS do we use for the Renarii?
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Uploaded the Renarii (although need Taalismn to clarify a stat confusion), Svarogar (what IQ would one have if not Awakened? And PP?), DiamondDust Armour to the wikia

http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/EShemarrian_Wiki
taalismn
Priest

BlackSteel Forces:
The BlackSteel Infection has spawned its own army of abominations from interacting with Rifts Earth, starting with the ARCHIE-3 robots manufactured at /attending Factory #5, which would become the BlackSteel Citadel.
The danger is, ARCHIE-3 has no control over the BlackSteel forces, which pose a threat not only to the EShemar, but potentially EVERYBODY.

*Night-Shredders(BlackSteel-corrupted A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot)
(aka ‘Robber-Claws’, ‘Fan-Rippers’, ‘Nail-Ghouls’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Night-shredder%20copy_zpspo1jchnj.jpg

“Watch yourselves out there; the ‘shredders like to come at you in the dark, with more blades than a berserker. Don’t get caught between them, but if you do, set your own swords and blades to break the wave of steel that’s going to come at you. They’ll try to clothesline you with those arm slicers of theirs. I wouldn’t engage them hand to hand; there’s no glory in fighting these monsters, and if you can, plunk them from long range. But even that’s difficult; they’re slippery to the sensors and they know how to hide.”

The Night-Shredder is a BlackSteel-corrupted A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot. The A-63 has been warped by BlackSteel infection into an attenuated, almost-organic-looking alien construct. The forearms in particular are very long and ape-like, and the head has a larger and more articulated jaw. Their armor seems to take on a greasy look, as if skinned in some material that makes it hard for light to properly reflect off of. They move less in a run and more of a loping manner.
The Night-Shredder seems inspired to a degree by the Northern Gun MG-X39 Mantis power armor in that each grotesquely long forearm sports a long vicious slashing blade laid back along its length, and protruding well past the elbow. The effect has been compared to a bat’s pinions, only without the connective wing membrane-webbing. In combat, the blades can swing forward like extremely long sharp extra fingernails.
Night-Shredders favor melee attacks when they can close with an enemy, and use their cutlery to best effect. Typically half of a pack of Night-Shredders will use ranged fire to pin down opponents while the other half closes for the kill. A favorite tactic of Night-Shredders is for several to run abreast at a target, their claw blades fanned out in a ‘slat-fence of death’. Other favorite tactics include spinning their upper torsos and scything at opponents in front and in back of them.
Night-Shredders can talk, but almost always do so in a mockery of ARCHIE-3 or Hagan’s voices(though few people are likely to know this). They will often taunt victims, though their taunting has a repetitive or parroting singsong quality to it, suggesting that they are not terribly intelligent or original in their thinking.
Night-Shredders were first encountered terrorizing the locality of Factory #5/BlackSteel Citadel, slaying local villagers or driving them out, and stripping their abandoned homes of materials useful to the BlackSteel. They also ambushed any travelers and scavenged the remains of useful technology.

Type: BlackSteel Abomination---Night-Shredder
Class: Robot
Crew: Corrupted Robot Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 19 each
Arms(2) 100 each
Arm Scythes(6, 3 each arm) 50 each
Legs(2) 140 each
Head 80
Main Body 290
Height: 7.5 ft
Width: 3.6 ft
Length: 2 ft
Weight: 800 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear(?)
Physical Attributes: Equal to Supernatural PS. 38, PP. 22, IQ 16.
Cargo: : None
Speed:
Running: 125 MPH
Jumping: 22 ft up/across, Increase distance by 50% with a running start in excess of 40 MPH.
Flying: Only via jetpack
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 20 MPH. Estimated depth limit of 2,000 ft.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the BlackSteel Citadel
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Sensory Systems:
*Basic, Low-Light/Night Vision(2,000 ft range), Infrared, Thermo-Imaging(2,000 ft range), telescopic (6,000 ft)and Magnification(x60) Optics.
*Amplified Hearing(can hear noises as low as 10 decibels at 500 ft), plus ultrasonic band hearing.
*Laser Targeting
*Motion Detector----100 ft range; 45-degree arc in front of the head
*Molecular Analyzer---Can track by scent 80%, and recognize specific scents 84%.
*360-degree Waist Rotation

*Modulating Voice Synthesizer---Night-Shredders will frequently mimic their victims to disconcert them, or imitate such things as distressed children or wounded comrades to lure potential victims into ambushes.

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 10 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Horror Factor---Has an effective H.F. of 11

*Stealth Armor----Night-Shredders are covered in a dark psuedo-organic-looking material that appears ‘greasy’ to vision, blurring the outlines of the ‘bot. Laser targeting systems are -1 to lock on to the ‘bots, and even Mark One Eyeball is -1 to strike them(-2 under low light conditions) when they are moving. There is only a 25% chance of spotting them on thermal optics.

Vulnerabilities:
*Silver---Silver weaponry does DOUBLE damage to BlackSteel creations. If a called shot of 20+ (modified) strikes the skull or chest area with silver, the tainted container/CPU/powerplant will be struck and an explosion of 6D6 MDC to a 3 ft. radius will erupt and annihilate the Black-Steel... and decommission the ‘bot(self-destruct will still go off, however).
*Holy Magic---Attacking with Holy Magic will cause the normal materials of the ‘bot to expel the BlackSteel. The ‘bot will still fight on using its original programming, but it will lose its viciousness and malevolent cunning(reduce initiative by HALF), and BlackSteel properties, and all other aspects of its operation remain unchanged. However, the expelled BlackSteel will remain a threat if picked up and incorporated into other machines.

Weapons Systems:
1) Arm Blades(6, 3 each forearm)---The Night-Shredder’s forearm cutlery seem inspired by the Northern Gun Mantis Power Armor, a sign to some observers that the BlackSteel is both aware and possessed of a murderous ability to copy good ideas. Each forearm sports three massive vibroblades that fold back to extend past the elbow, or can swing forward like massive vibro-claws, or a slat-shield.
The Night-Shredder can also fling its arm blades like projectiles; it cannot regenerate the blades, but can reattach any recovered blades it throws.
500 ft for thrown blades
Damage: Restrained Slash 1d6 MD
Full Strength Slash/Cutting Action 3d6 MD
Full Strength Stab/Chop 4d6 MD
Power Stab(2 attacks) 1d4x10 +3 MD
Thrown Blade 2d4 MD

2) Black Light Eye Lasers(2)---Factory #5’s complement of A-63s were just starting to get the eye laser upgrade when the BlackSteel took over. The BlackSteel malignancy adopted and modified it as a standard feature when it starting pumping out its modified version of the A-63. The lasers now somehow deliver a form of ‘corrupt light’ that appears as black beams, and does additional damage to living tissue.
Range: 1,200 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD per blast, 2d6 MD for both eyes firing on the same target simultaneously(counts as one attack)
Do 25% more damage to living beings, and direct exposure of the wound to sunlight(and Globe of Daylight spells) will cause the injury to become acutely photosensitive; victims must roll under their ME or be -1 on initiative, perception, strike, dodge, and parry due to the itching/burning sensations from the wound. The photosensitivity ends when the wound is healed.
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

3)Use of Handheld Weapons---The Night-Shredder can pick up and use infantry weapons.
The most commonly used weapon is a BlackLight version of the Arch-22 Pulse Laser(3,000 ft range, 1d6 MD single blast, up to 5d6 MD for a five-shot pulse blast, plus BlackLight damage, and has 90 shots; effectively unlimited when held by BlackSteel robots.

Programming/Skills:
Same as for the baseline A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot:
Pilot: Automobile, motorcycle, hovercycle, jetpack, aircraft, all at 90%
Math: Basic 90%
Computer Operation 90%
Prowl 70%
Swim 94%
Land Navigation 94%
Climb 90%/80%
Wilderness Survival 94%
Swimming 94%
Intelligence 90%
Detect Ambush 70%
W.P. Blunt
W.P. Knife
W.P. Sword
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Energy (all)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Initiative + 2
Dodge +6
Parry +7
Strike +6 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +3
Disarm +4
Bite 1d6 MD
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Full Strength Punch 3d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Restrained Slash 1d6 MD
Full Strength Slash/Cutting Action 3d6 MD
Full Strength Stab/Chop 4d6 MD
Power Stab(2 attacks) 1d4x10 +3 MD
Kick 2d8 MD
Leap Kick(2 attacks) 4d8 MD
Body Block/Tackle 1d6 MD
Judo Throw/Flip 6d6+18 SDC
Last edited by taalismn on Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Uploaded the Renarii (although need Taalismn to clarify a stat confusion), Svarogar (what IQ would one have if not Awakened? And PP?), DiamondDust Armour to the wikia

http://eshemarrian.wikia.com/wiki/EShemarrian_Wiki

IQ would be the same as for the baseline Ecotroz: IQ: 4d6
PP is a little bit better than for the standard cyberhumanoid chassis: PP 24.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

*Gorgers (BlackSteel-mutated Titan Robot)

“We heard the rumblings first...thought it was an earthquake or a landslide...but it was our dam being torn apart...then the water came...washed out a lot of buildings mid-town, but we were rady and got everybody out...but what we weren’t ready for....the bombs....then the fire...and the THINGS charging into town...no warning, no mercy....they just destroyed...destroyed...ate buildings, ate animals, ate people...worse than thunder beetles, or spiney ravagers...metal monsters, but they ATE.... what they didn’t eat, they trampled, they burned....’til nothing was left....I only escaped because I was on the the edge of town and I ran when the town hall and the milita were destroyed...I RAN while they ate my neighbors, but what else could I do? Nothing could stand up to them! We TRIED! They just.....they ATE my town and they’ll eat yours when they finish doing whatever they were doing! They’ll be coming this way next! Run...run while you can!”

Gorgers are BlackSteel-mutated Titan Robots produced by the BlackSteel Citadel as walking brawn and artillery. Gorgers are massive, stupid, drone-brutes, but their very mass and strength make them a serious threat to anything in their path. Whereas most other BlackSteel techno-abominations seem inclined towards stealth, Gorgers are ‘shock and awe’ weapons meant to terrorize through their sheer size and plodding.
The Gorger resembles a Titan Combat Robot, only it lacks a sensor turret-mast, the armor looks blistered and half-melted, and the chest sports an enormous be-toothed mouth. The rail gun on one arm looks more organic, and is fed ammunition in peristaltic fashion from within the mutated ‘bot.
Gorgers get their name from the massive chewing mouths that have been added to their torsos, and into which the mutated robots stuff just about anything they can get their claws on. The BlackSteel Citadel may have originally intended this function to harvest materials for the Citadel’s use, but the Gorgers have since taken to gorging themselves on just about anything for the sheer destructive pleasure of it.
Gorgers are also walking bombs; their BlackSteel-sheathed powerplants have a marked tendency to explode with great violence when breached and damaged, making destroying them, especially if they are in a heavily populated area, extremely risky.
Gorgers typically travel alone, or in small units of up to six monsters. They were first encountered in the vicinity of the BlackSteel Citadel, razing local villages and consuming pre-Rifts ruins for materials to feed to the Citadel.

Type: BlackSteel Abomination---Gorger
Class: Corrupted Robot
Crew: Robot AI
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 80 each
Arms(2) 200 each
Shoulder Missile Launchers(2) 160 each
Bone Gun 100
Legs(2) 280 each
Leg Mini-Missile Launchers(2) 30 each
Black Light Laser Turret 30
Head 100
Main Body 450
Height: 30 ft
Width: 15 ft
Length: 9 ft
Weight: 22 tons
Power System: Nuclear(?). Presumably supplemented with the PPE of murdered victims
Physical Attributes: Equal to Supernatural PS. 40, PP 12, IQ 8.
Speed:
Running: 60 MPH
Jumping: Can leap 15 ft up/across. Add 10 ft with a running start
Flying: Not possible
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 25 MPH. Estimated depth limit of 5,000 ft.
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Sensory Systems:
*Basic, Low-Light/Night Vision(2,000 ft range), Infrared, Thermo-Imaging(2,000 ft range), telescopic (6,000 ft)and Magnification(x60) Optics.
*Amplified Hearing(can hear noises as low as 10 decibels at 500 ft), plus ultrasonic band hearing.
*Laser Targeting
*Molecular Analyzer---Can track by scent 80%, and recognize specific scents 84%.
*Spotlights(2)---The Gorger’s two eyes double as high-powered headlights, and are often used at night to surprise and intimidate victims. 600 ft range.
*Radar----30 mile range.

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 50 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Horror Factor---Has an effective H.F. of 12

*PPE Eater----Gorgers are almost certainly PPE vampires, using the PPE from killed and consumed victims to help feed their infernal systems.

*Regeneration----Gorgers have a slow regeneration rate; they self-repair themselves at a rate of 10 MDC per hour. Perhaps the most visible sign of their mystic regeneration is the constant regrowth of their enormous teeth, which are worn down by their near-constant chomping and grinding.

Vulnerabilities:
*Silver---Silver weaponry does DOUBLE damage to BlackSteel creations. If a called shot of 20+ (modified) strikes the skull or chest area with silver, the tainted container/CPU/powerplant will be struck and an explosion of 6D6 MDC to a 3 ft. radius will erupt and annihilate the Black-Steel... and decommission the ‘bot(self-destruct will still go off, however).
*Holy Magic---Attacking with Holy Magic will cause the normal materials of the ‘bot to expel the BlackSteel. The ‘bot will still fight on using its original programming, but it will lose its viciousness and malevolent cunning(reduce initiative by HALF), and BlackSteel properties, and all other aspects of its operation remain unchanged. However, the expelled BlackSteel will remain a threat if picked up and incorporated into other machines.

Weapons Systems:
1) Bone Gun---In place of the T-001 Rail Gun on one arm, the Gorger carries a techno-organic ‘Bone Gun’, which fires projectiles made from ingested megadamage materials, including, presumably, the bones of megadamage victims like dragons and other supernatural predators.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD per single round, 1d4x10 MD per 80 round burst
Payload: 20,000 rds. 1 point of ingested MDC can be used to create 4 shots, so the Gorger must ingest 5,000 MDC to fully reload(or be resupplied by the BlackSteel Citadel).

2) Concussion Mortars(2)----In place of the shoulder missile launchers, Gorgers carry massive rocket-mortars that fire heavy mushroom-like concussive explosive rounds that act like Triax ‘Slammer ‘ munitions. Like the Bone Gun, these weapons have the advantage of regenerating their ammunition, although they require less MDC material than the cannon. Gorgers love to fire salvoes of these at enemies or communities, knocking people and structures down, then advance on the stunned defenders and fall upon them.
Range: 8 miles
Damage: 2d4x10 MD to 90 ft radius.
88% chance of knockdown(lose 1 APM and Initiative), 65% chance of being stunned(-10 to strike, dodge, parry, and roll, NO Initiative, HALF speed and APMs for 1d4 melees)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-5(all)
Payload: 5 each shoulder, 10 total. Regenerates a full load in 24 hours

3) Leg Rocket Launchers(2)---Like the shoulder launchers, these leg-mounted launchers regenerate rocket projectiles similar to TW rockets.
Damage: 4d6 MD to a 10 ft radius, plus effects similar to a Blinding Flash and Thunderclap spell; Those without eye and ear protection in a 15 ft radius will be -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, -1 on initiative, and -1 APM for 1d4 melees. Those WITH protection will lose initiative that melee. The explosion itself has a Horror Factor of 8.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-6
Payload: 6 each leg, 12 total. Regenerates a full load in 24 hours

4) Dark Light Laser Turret---The torso mounts a single laser turret below the massive mouth(effectively making it a ‘chin’ mount). Though effectively identical to the standard T-001 laser turret, the beam fired is some form of corrupted ‘black light’ that causes wounds inflicted to become hypersensitive to light.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD dual blast
Does 25% more damage to living beings, and direct exposure of the wound to sunlight(and Globe of Daylight spells) will cause the injury to become acutely photosensitive; victims must roll under their ME or be -1 on initiative, perception, strike, dodge, and parry due to the itching/burning sensations from the wound. The photosensitivity ends when the wound is healed.

5) Retractable VibroBlades (2 each hand)
Damage: +2d6 MD to punches

6) Use of Handheld Weapons----Gorgers are too narrow-minded and their hands too clumsy to be able to make use of even mecha-sized firearms, but they CAN and DO pick up objects such as utility poles and girders to act as melee weapons. Gorgers are also fond of throwing vehicles and other large objects at opponents.

Programming/Skills:
Gorgers have very simple AI brains and simple programming; they exist only to devour and destroy.
Land Navigation 80%
W.P. Blunt
W.P. Knife
W.P. Sword

Initiative + 1
Dodge +1
Parry +4
Strike +3 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2
Pull Punch +3
Disarm +1
Bite 1d8x10 MD
Punch 5d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD
Kick 5d6 MD
Stomp (targets 6 ft and smaller) 3d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 1d8 MD
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Oooh yeah! Looking good! Love me some nasty critters to throw against the Steel Amazons!
taalismn
Priest

This might be a little early in the sequence of BlackSteel 'bots, but it's what I got ready....

BlackSteel Corrupted Weapons
Factory #5 , aka the BlackSteel Citadel, also produces small arms for its more humanoid robotic minions, and like the robots, even the weapons are corrupted versions of the original, with some added element of malice in their capabilities.
These weapons can be used by non-robots, but the weapons have a sickly gray or oily sheen to their appearance, and somehow seem ‘off’. Their more cruel properties may be of interest to evil beings, but most others will want nothing to do with the weapons.
BlackSteel -corrupted weapons react adversely to being treated with either silver or holy magic. Fortunately, the amount of BlackSteel incorporated into the weapons is miniscule, so the more violent reactions are more subdued. In the case of silver, the weapon will take double damage, and on a critical strike of 19-20, will bubble, melt(doing 1d4 MD to anybody unlucky enough to be holding it), and dissolve into slag. Holy magic, such as an exorcism or immersion-wash in holy water will cause the tainted weapon to smoke with acrid black fumes, lose half its MDC and all extra properties, and become a rather shabby and heavily corroded version of its former self(GMs may want to choose or roll for random poor quality traits). Note however, that the black fumes may condense somewhere else into BlackSteel dust(another possible source of Red Scabber infections).

BsL-22 Pulse Rifle----This is a corrupted copy of the Arch-22 Pulse Laser, somehow modified to produce black beams of corrupted light that do additional damage to living beings.
Weight: 22 lbs
MDC: 50
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD single blast, up to 5d6 MD for a five-shot pulse blast
Do 25% more damage to living beings, and direct exposure of the wound to sunlight(and Globe of Daylight spells) will cause the injury to become acutely photosensitive; victims must roll under their ME or be -1 on initiative, perception, strike, dodge, and parry due to the itching/burning sensations from the wound. The photosensitivity ends when the wound is healed.
Payload: 90 shots; effectively unlimited when held by BlackSteel robots. The BsL-22 uses the same nonstandard e-clip/battery used by ARCHIE-3’s forces and cannot accommodate standard e-clips. The weapon can only be recharged by a BlackSteel robot, or by a necromancer channeling 60 PPE into the weapon.
Cost: Not for sale. The weapon is virtually impossible to recharge, and most dealers and soldiers, especially those of Good alignments, would want nothing to do with the corrupted weapons. To those of evil alignments, the weapon might be attractive and worth 50,000 credits or more.

BsL-30 Variable Laser Rifle---This weapon would be recognizable as a copy of the Mechanoid M-30 Robot Variable Laser Rifle issued to the Mechanoids’ robot hordes, ARCHIE-3 acquired the plans when the Mechanoids were attempting to retool his factories to build them a new robot army, and the schematics were in the database of Factory #5 when the BlackSteel took over.
Like the BsL-22, the original laser workings have been corrupted to produce an anti-life BlackLight effect. Though shorter-ranged and less initially damaging than the BsL-22, the BsL-30 has variable settings that produce other effects, including inducing overall light sensitivity in its victims.
Weight: 10 lbs
MDC: 40
Damage: Two settings: 2d6 MD or 4d6 MD per blast
On an unmodified ‘to Strike’ roll of 19-20, organic victims must roll to save versus non-lethal poison or be afflicted with acute photosensitivity to their entire bodies, not just the wound site. Exposure to sunlight(and Globe of Daylight spells) will cause exposed skin to redden and blister, soft tissues like lips to crack and bleed, and eyes will become acutely sensitive to glare and bright light(not just sunlight); -8 to strike, parry, and dodge in bright light without eye protection, and DOUBLE the other penalties from the broader degree of skin sensitivity. Recommended remedies are all-covering clothing, and advanced protection sunscreens. The hypersensitivity will end when the wounds are fully healed.
Payload: 60 shots; effectively unlimited when held by BlackSteel robots. The BsL-30 uses the same nonstandard e-clip/battery used by ARCHIE-3’s forces and cannot accommodate standard e-clips. The weapon can only be recharged by a BlackSteel robot, or by a necromancer channeling 60 PPE into the weapon.
Cost: Not for sale. The weapon is virtually impossible to recharge, and most dealers and soldiers, especially those of Good alignments, would want nothing to do with the corrupted weapons. To those of evil alignments, the weapon might be attractive and worth 45,000 credits or more.

BsI-20 Ion Pistol----This is recognizable as the Mechanoid M-20 Ion Pistol. In its original form, the M-20 really wasn’t anything exceptional; it was a small arm designed for mass production and use by cannon fodder robot drones. The BlackSteel version isn’t any more powerful, but has been modified to act like a high-powered neural blaster capable of stunning targets, and even outright killing through cardiac arrest.
Weight: 3.5 lbs
MDC: 35
Range: 500 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per shot
Living targets must save versus non-lethal poison(16 or better; children and small animals need an 18 or better). On a successful save, the target is
-1 APM from the jolt, plus takes damage. On an Unsuccessful save, augmented human(id)s are -5 to strike, parry, dodge, and loses initiative and 1 APM for 1d4 melee rounds. A successful save by UNaugmented human(id)s results in -10 to strike, parry, dodge, lose initiative and is reduced to 1 APM, skill performance is -80%, speed reduced 95%, and suffer painful convulsions doing 1d4 SDC per melee for 2d4 MELEES. There is also a 15% cumulative chance per additional strike of being rendered unconscious for 1d4 minutes. If SDC is burned through, the damage goes to Ht Points, and at 0 H.P. the victim goes into full cardiac arrest and will die unless immediate medical care is not administered.
Note: Works through most body armor up to 50 MDC. Those in armor protection of 51-80 MDC are +6 to save. Those in heavier armor, power armor, full conversion cyborgs, vehicles, robots, or who are MegaJuicers or Dragons are impervious.

Payload: 40 shots per e-clip; effectively unlimited when held by BlackSteel robots. The BsL-22 uses the same nonstandard e-clip/battery used by ARCHIE-3’s forces and cannot accommodate standard e-clips. The weapon can only be recharged by a BlackSteel robot, or by a necromancer channeling 40 PPE into the weapon.
Cost: Not for sale. The weapon is virtually impossible to recharge, and most dealers and soldiers, especially those of Good alignments, would want nothing to do with the corrupted weapons. To those of evil alignments, the weapon might be attractive and worth 25,000 credits or more.

BsP-15 Plasma Rifle---This is recognizable as a ‘tainted’ copy of the Mechanoid M-15 Plasma Rifle, This high-end, for a mass-production robot drone sidearm, weapon is a very highly regarded weapon for both its range and damage, and has been copied by the EShemar. The BlackSteel also sensed its power, but has added its own diabolical taint to the copies it produces. In this case, the barrel of the plasma rifle features a reservoir under the barrel that holds a thick ichor that is vaporized by each plasma shot and propelled along the plasma stream. Upon contact, the ichor solidifies into a burning slag, like a lava bomb launched like a grenade.
Weight: 30 lbs
MDC: 55
(Slag shot)2,000 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per shot
(Slag shot) Does 6d6 MD to a 5 ft blast radius on impact and does 3d6 MD per melee for 1d4 melees. The material can be scrapped off or extinguished with magic, or total immersion in water, but conventional fire extinguishing measures are useless against it.
Payload: 30 shots per e-clip; effectively unlimited when held by BlackSteel robots. The BsL-22 uses the same nonstandard e-clip/battery used by ARCHIE-3’s forces and cannot accommodate standard e-clips. The weapon can only be recharged by a BlackSteel robot, or by a necromancer channeling 80 PPE into the weapon.
(Slag shot) The underbarrel reservoir holds enough ichor for 15 shots. The ichor has defied chemical analysis and cannot be replicated by conventional chemical laboratories(a necromancer and alchemist might be able to intuit something of a process).
Cost: Not for sale. The weapon is virtually impossible to recharge, and most dealers and soldiers, especially those of Good alignments, would want nothing to do with the corrupted weapons. To those of evil alignments, the weapon might be attractive and worth 80,000 credits or more. Increase price by 20% if the slag-ichor reservoir is fully tanked up.

‘Grinder’ Rounds
Grinder Rounds are BlackSteel-produced railgun munitions apparently inspired by the pre-Rifts ‘Black Talon’ bullet that spread out to do more damage to the internal tissues of living targets they hit. The BlackSteel, apparently thriving on the idea of increased suffering, updated the concept to give the railgun ammo issued to its spawn even more ‘bite’.
Grinder rounds have 20% less range and 25% less initial damage than the railgun rounds they replace, but on an unmodified ‘to strike’ roll of 19-20. they lodge in the wound/hole and suddenly animate, rotating like a miniature buzzsaw, and burrowing into the wound, doing an additional 1d8 MD for 1d4 melees, before burning out and falling to pieces. Grinder rounds can be cut out of a living victim, and doing as little as 1 MD will destroy them, but such a procedure is messy and dangerous, and those without a Field Surgery skill will be -3 to strike the spinning munition(and a missed strike will likely do additional damage to the victim, as well as pushing the grinder further into them). A Disrupt Energy spell will also stop them dead for the duration of the spell, and afford others the chance to remove the round while it is inert.
Grinder rounds are NOT actual BlackSteel, and arguably can be duplicated by somebody unscrupulous enough(and advanced enough) to want to, but despite some spirited discussion, the EShemar have voted to BAN grinder rounds from consideration for continued production, after the fall of the BlackSteel Citadel. That having been said, any remaining unfired rounds that appear on the Black Market are likely to fetch at least 900 credits per round sold to the right(depraved) parties.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:BlackSteel Forces:
The BlackSteel Infection has spawned its own army of abominations from interacting with Rifts Earth, starting with the ARCHIE-3 robots manufactured at /attending Factory #5, which would become the BlackSteel Citadel.
The danger is, ARCHIE-3 has no control over the BlackSteel forces, which pose a threat not only to the EShemar, but potentially EVERYBODY.

*Night-Shredders(BlackSteel-corrupted A-63 All-Purpose Heavy Robot)
(aka ‘Robber-Claws’, ‘Fan-Rippers’, ‘Nail-Ghouls’)

Leap Kick(2 attacks)

Missing Leap kick damage.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:

Corrected that, and the kick damage. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Kewl. Now I just need the issue of 2 P.S. stats for the Renarii.. is one for the Cyborg and one for Android? as that isn't really clear.

Also posted the Night-Shredder on the wikia
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Kewl. Now I just need the issue of 2 P.S. stats for the Renarii.. is one for the Cyborg and one for Android? as that isn't really clear.

Nope..same frame, just different internal software/meatware.

Should have the art of the Night-Shredder up tomorrow(woulda had it ready today, but work called me up with literally 30 minutes' warning)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Nope..same frame, just different internal software/meatware.

Should have the art of the Night-Shredder up tomorrow(woulda had it ready today, but work called me up with literally 30 minutes' warning)

So.. is it 20 or 35? And huzzah to art, boo to being called into work with little notice.
taalismn
Priest

So.. is it 20 or 35? And huzzah to art, boo to being called into work with little notice.

Oup....It should read as 'Robotic P.S. of 20.... They're weaker, so they have to make up for it with speed and cunning(and ranged weaponry) :D

And yeah, the Monday midday nut crowd...yeeeeeeeeee....Why do people fear going mad? I'm beginning to rather look forward to it.... :clown:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Oup....It should read as 'Robotic P.S. of 20.... They're weaker, so they have to make up for it with speed and cunning(and ranged weaponry) :D

And yeah, the Monday midday nut crowd...yeeeeeeeeee....Why do people fear going mad? I'm beginning to rather look forward to it.... :clown:

Thank you.

As to going mad.. where else do we get our ideas from?
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I am quite pleased with the material being created for the Black-Steel spawn. *nods in approval* :ok:
Sorry for not being active in the process any more (at least for the forseeable future) but it is good to know that the project(s) continue.

On side-note; presently the player characters in-campaign are speaking to a 'redeemed' Skullcrusher who had voluntairilly (sp?) made herself Parriah after removing her weapons and armour plate by main-force. This is of course after she had been cleansed; the Blacksteel was only in her head-dress augment, NOT actually implanted (an early model of infected Shemarr).

Slowly, some of the motivations of the beings "behind the curtain" are being revealed.

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

Night-Shredder illo now available:http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Night-shredder%20copy_zpspo1jchnj.jpg

More to come. Woulda worked on more last night, but I got sudden inspiration for another Wulfgar variant(those modified NG Thunder Hound PAs are becoming tribes within Tribes, aren't they?) which necessitated a crashcourse in Aztec/Mesoamerican wardress and language). Inspiration...just when you try to work on one thing, it blazes a trail in another, completely different, direction. But there IS more darkness to come(and I added another new Abomination to the WIP file), not just vaporware....

Also added 'BlackSteel Abominations" to the Page 1 Shemarrian Codex.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Night-Shredder illo now available:http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/Night-shredder%20copy_zpspo1jchnj.jpg

More to come. Woulda worked on more last night, but I got sudden inspiration for another Wulfgar variant(those modified NG Thunder Hound PAs are becoming tribes within Tribes, aren't they?) which necessitated a crashcourse in Aztec/Mesoamerican wardress and language). Inspiration...just when you try to work on one thing, it blazes a trail in another, completely different, direction. But there IS more darkness to come(and I added another new Abomination to the WIP file), not just vaporware....

Also added 'BlackSteel Abominations" to the Page 1 Shemarrian Codex.

Looks good. And uploaded to the wikia.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

~Excerpt taken from Roll 20 campaign~

Leena: *she does not seem to like this answer much.* "But, Broken Knife, how can you do all that? How can you atone for more than just yourself? I mean sure I understand you did bad things but that was with your old tribe. You left them, and you are better now. You can't be held accountable for what you didn't do then by your way of thinking now. You have turned to a new way of life, sure, but that doesn't mean you have to atone for all of your sisters. They will get nothing out of you putting yourself through this. And how does it help you help them anyway? I mean how does your not sitting here with me and enjoying the party help your sisters break free of the black steel? How does your not being a warrior help to find the Shemarria's truth? Can you have help? I will help you...I am part of Phoenix Force and so I go where they go, but I'm sure I can do research and look into stuff and you never know what we are following may have information as to what you are looking for too. Can you get help? Will that be good? I don't like my friends not being able to sit with me and have a drink."

Broken Knife: "Your words kind. I am Shemarr, but important I WAS Skullcrusher. Before the black metal were were hardest of the tribes. We are hammer that never breaks and must BE hard, even when parriah. *pauses; her antennae finally uncoiling from under her hair.* To help sisters, why we came in first place... we want what the Hawkmoon were given. Those with black metal to destroy it: but we not poisoned? We want what Hawkmoons have.
We want 'life' and make more sisters, not have them given us by Maker & Shaper when they want. Only way we get more sisters if warriors fall is copy life-spark into hollow body; fill it with fallen's spark or copy spark into many. This no way to run tribe!"

Her voice rises and gains in strength.

"Some of sisters follow Dark High-Matriarch to here, secret... to find place which make your blue-hair tribe-sister and her sisters and brothers, but make them...unique? Different each time, though maybe look same. False trail; lied to by wargodess and one she make pact with. My sisters die against bug-men, Silver Soldiers and by own ship when it cause wave! Sorry for yell." *straightens up but calms antennae*

"You firebirds help Broken Knife help tribe? Find place Progen come from. Find way to make un-poisoned sisters stop killing Hawkmoon and others who refuse Maker & Shaper. Find way to stop black metal before too late and no way back."

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

ClawSpawn(BlackSteel-corrupted A-64 All-Purpose Master Robot.)

“Count yourself lucky in your afterlife if you die quick at the hands of the Clawspawn; those it takes alive can count themselves among the damned if the beast is feeling playful. And if your own gets captured, you better either have an army at your back to help you rescue them, or a good line of sight on target or a powerful area of effect weapon to put them out of their misery.”

The ClawSpawn is a BlackSteel-corrupted A-64 All-Purpose Master Robot. Originally part of the guard detail of Factory #5, these command units became infected and twisted when the BalckSteel made the factory complex over into its Citadel. Subsequently the altered Master units began appearing, leading other techno-abominations, into the surrounding countryside to clear the region of any witnesses and anyone who might interfere with the BlackSteel.
The ClawSpawn looks more organic and alien, sheathed in dark armor that normal vision just seems to want to reject, rather than see clearly. The head sports a larger jaw and sharp lateral mandibles like a giant spider’s. Each forearm now sports a pair of intermeshing shear-claws that can cut off an arm(or snip off a head). Instead of each long leg ending in a footpad, they end in small crab claws. A long prehensile tail has been added to the lower torso, and can strike over the ‘bot’s shoulders, or under and between its legs; it can also be used to assist in climbing, and to entangle prey. The integral weapons remain, but have been modified to do additional damage, stunning or crippling opponents.
Clawspawns act like their A-64 ancestors in that they command legions of lesser robots/BlackSteel spawn in the field. This means they have to be calm, patient, clinical psychopaths, intently watching, planning, and directing the moves of their minions. In this capacity they wil be encountered directing units of 10-100 lesser BlackSteel spawn, or in the company of 6-18 other ClawSpawn. However, ClawSpawn are also just as likely to hare off on their own, stalking prey. They are inordinately fond of subduing targets, entangling them, then slowly taking them apart with their many blades and claws, torturing their victims slowly to the very last. This, though, does provide a window of opportunity for others to rescue the victim, provided the ClawSpawn isn’t COUNTING ON the plight of its victim luring in would-be rescuers into a trap.

Type: BlackSteel Abomination--- Clawspawn
Class: Robot
Crew: Corrupted Robot Intelligence
M.D.C. By Location:
Hands(2) 20 each
Forearms(2) 120
Upper Arms(2) 90 each
Chest Cannons(2) 25 each
Legs(6) 120 each
Whip Tail 110
Head 95.
Main Body 400
Height: 18 ft fully extended
Width: 4 ft, 20-36 ft fully extended
Length: 12 ft
Weight: 1,500 lbs.
Power System: Nuclear(?)
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 40, PP. 20, IQ 20.
Speed:
Running: 145 MPH(not as fast as the original due to the claw-feet)
Jumping: 15 ft up/across
Flying: Not possible without special jetpacks or lifter gear
Underwater: Limited to running along the bottom at 30 MPH. Estimated depth limit of 8,000 ft.

Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Sensory Systems, plus:
*Laser Targeting
*Motion Detector----100 ft range; 45-degree arc in front of the head
*Mini-Radar(8 mile range)
*Radar Detector---Detects radar and motion detection systems.

*Command Capability----Continuing on up the hierarchal chain, ClawSpawn have the ability to boost the efficiency of the lesser ‘bots and BlackSteel spawn under their command. Lesser units within a 1 mile radius of a ClawSpawn are +1 to Initiative, +1 to strike, and +3 to Perception.

*Modulating Voice Synthesizer---ClawSpawn will frequently mimic their victims to disconcert them, or imitate such things as distressed children or wounded comrades to lure potential victims into ambushes(though having real victims to make noises is even better).

*Self-Destruct---Standard. Just as ARCHIE-3’s ‘bots will destroy all evidence of themselves, the BlackSteel also leaves little trace of its creations. Completely obliterates itself(1d4x100+250 to immediate vicinity, and 2d4x10 MD to a 10 ft radius). Any remains will be a black slag-like material that slowly evaporates away with the taint of evil.

BlackSteel Traits:
*Horror Factor---Has an effective H.F. of 12

*BlackSteel Touch---A Clawspawn’s touch causes acute agony to living beings: It causes agonizing pain to any living being that touches it, even lightly. It can even send someone into a coma/death situation, unless they are devoid of a soul. Those who touch Blacksteel suffer -2 to all rolls, -20% to skills and loses 2 attacks for 1d4 minutes per melee round touched, plus must save vs coma/death 17. A successful save means the victim is rendered unconscious for 1d4 melee rounds in a near coma-like state, failure means they suffer 4d4 damage straight to Hit Points, or 5d6 M.D. for M.D.C. creatures. If save by more than 5, they are only stunned for that melee round, unable to take any actions or defend themselves.

*Stealth Armor----Like the Night-Shredders they command, the ClawSpawn are covered in a dark psuedo-organic-looking material that appears ‘greasy’ and unreal to vision, blurring the outlines of the ‘bot. Laser targeting systems are -1 to lock on to the ‘bots, and even Mark One Eyeball is -1 to strike them(-2 under low light conditions) when they are moving. There is only a 25% chance of spotting them on thermal optics.

Vulnerabilities:

Weapons Systems:
1) Black Light Laser Forearm Blasters(2)----The forearm lasers remain much the same, but somehow deliver a form of ‘corrupt light’ that appears as black beams, and does additional damage to living tissue.
Damage: 3d6 MD per blast, 6d6d MD for both arms firing on the same target simultaneously(counts as one attack)

2) Chest Ion Cannons(2)----The ion chest blasters remain much the same, but have been modified to deliver the ranged equivalent of the BlackSteel touch; the ion blasts will disrupt the nervous systems of most living beings, stunning them or, in some cases, causing fatal defibrillation and nervous system failure.
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast, 8d6 MD for both cannon firing simultaneously on the same target(counts as one attack)
Living targets must save versus non-lethal poison(16 or better; children and small animals need an 18 or better). On a successful save, the target is
-1 APM from the jolt, plus takes damage. On an UNsuccesful save, augmented human(oid)s are -5 to strike, parry, dodge, and loses initiative and 1 APM for 1d4 melee rounds. A successful save by UNaugmented human(oid)s results in -10 to strike, parry, dodge, lose initiative and is reduced to 1 APM, skill performance is -80%, speed reduced 95%, and suffer painful convulsions doing 1d6 SDC per melee for 2d4 MINUTES. There is also a 15% cumulative chance per additional strike of being rendered unconscious for 1d4 minutes. If SDC is burned through, the damage goes to Ht Points, and at 0 H.P. the victim goes into full cardiac arrest and will die unless immediate medical care is not administered.
Note: Works through most body armor up to 50 MDC. Those in armor protection of 51-80 MDC are +6 to save. Those in heavier armor, power armor, full conversion cyborgs, vehicles, robots, or who are MegaJuicers or Dragons are impervious.

3) Forearm Vibroblades(2)---The ClawSpawn’s arm blades are larger and more jagged than the A-64 Master’s, there’s two blades each arm, and they act like large scissors, cutting across each other
Damage: 2d6 MD slash, 5d6 MD scissor clamp-cut.

4) Leg Claws(6)---Instead of each leg ending in a footpad, they end in small, but incredibly sharp, claws. ClawSpawn particularly like to grab hostages with these claws and lift them off the ground to serve as meatshields against their companions’ retaliation.
Damage: 1d6 MD slash, 3d6 MD scissor clamp-cut.

5) Tendril Tail---The ClawSpawn’s tail is extremely long and flexible, and can strike like a giant cobra, or entangle and crush prey.
Range: Melee; 38 ft reach
Damage: 1d6 MD slash, 2d6 MD crush/squeeze

6) Use of Handheld Weapons---The ClawSpawn can pick up and use infantry weapons. It typically uses power-armor scale rail guns(typically loaded with grinder rounds) or large energy rifles(the BsP-15 Plasma Rifle is favored). The ClawSpawn also will frequently carry a rail gun and ammunition drum slung on its back for ready use.

Programming/Skills:
Same as the baseline A-64 All-Purpose Master, plus a few extras:
Pilot: Automobile, jetpack, aircraft, all at 90%
Basic Mechanics 90%
Electronics: Basic 90%
Math: Basic 90%
Cryptography 98%
Computer Operation 90%
Computer Programming 90%
Computer Hacking 70%
Navigation: (ALW) 90%
Read Sensory Instruments 98%
Weapons Systems 90%
Prowl 75%
Land Navigation 94%
Climb 90%/80%
Wilderness Survival 94%
Escape Artist 85%
Intelligence 98%
Find Contraband 80%
Trap & MIne Detection 80%
Palming 85%
Pick Locks 98%
Imitate Voices and Sounds 88%
Tracking 90%
Tailing 95%
Spelunking 96%
Detect Ambush 70%
Detect Concealment 70%
Demolitions & Demolitions Disposal 98%
Demolitions: Underwater 97%
W.P. Blunt
W.P. Knife
W.P. Sword
W.P. Whip/Chain
W.P. Paired Weapons
W.P. Energy (all)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 10
Initiative + 2(+2 from the BlackSteel entity)
Dodge +6
Parry +6(+1 from the BlackSteel entity)
Strike +5 (+4 w/ ranged weaponry)(+1 from the BlackSteel entity)
Roll +3
Pull Punch +5
Disarm +4
Entangle +3
Bite 2d6 MD
Head Butt 3d6 MD
Body Block 1d6 MD
Judo Throw 1d6 MD
Restrained Punch 1d4 MD
Full Strength Punch 2d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 4d6 MD
Forearm Blade Stab 2d6 MD
Power Stab(2 attacks) 6d6 MD
Pincer Shear(2 attacks) 5d6 MD
Kick 3d8 MD
Stomp (targets 8 ft tall or shorter) 3d6 MD
Foot Claw Slash 1d6 MD
Foot Claw Snip 3d6 MD
Pounce Attack(2 attacks)---Dropping from a height, the ClawSpawn can ape the drop-attack of its Master antecedent, doing 4d6+2 MD+10 MD if drop distance is more than 100 ft(but the intended target gets a +2 to dodge), plus 76% chance of knocking targets 2200 lbs or light off their feet, lose initiative and 1 APM.
Pinning Attack(2 attacks)---Similarly, the ClawSpawn can do a pinning attack that does 2d6+2 MD, with 2-4 of its legs. 60% chance of knocking the intended victim down and holding them in place, and victim cannot get back up or attack unless they they have extra limbs to spare, have a Supernatural PS of 35 or robotic PS of 50 or greater, and even then, such escape efforts to overpower the alien ‘bot take 2 APMs, Unlike the Master, however, the ClawSpawn WILL use this opportunity to attack a pinned opponent, usually with its spear-tail.
Tail Lash 1d6 MD
Tail Spear 1d8 MD
Tail Crush/Squeeze 2d6 MD
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:ClawSpawn(BlackSteel-corrupted A-64 All-Purpose Master Robot.)

Nice and evil. :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:ClawSpawn(BlackSteel-corrupted A-64 All-Purpose Master Robot.)

Nice and evil. :twisted:

Thanks. I like to keep them broad-stroked, but powerfully evil. Though NICE? These things are Diabolic EVVVIIILLLLL....they like hoisting prisoners by their necks and use them to block incoming fire, they torture, they maim, they lie...
Come to think of it, they'd make great politicians...

"Introducing Senator ClawSpawn.."
<<"Thank you, thank you. Now to get down to business. How much are you willing to concede for this kid...who I believe is your rugrat...to continue breathing? Because otherwise I have an idea how to snip-snip some overhead...">>

To come, I've got the Warlustress, the Wraithtingue, the Infestus, the Gremwrench, and the Hag-Rider in various stages of workup as new and nasty ways to torment PCs come to me...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”