Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

guardiandashi wrote:)
STU-K5/ E-koS-K80 Skyshark Aerospace Fighter

Given the sheer bloody MDC on the nose of this thing, you sure you're not using this thing to freakin' RAM opponents? I'm thinking with enough acceleration and some structural integrity shielding, you could go right THROUGH anything short of battleship-class. :shock:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:Repost of DhAkael's Blackstar updated with illo:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img594_zpsqg3kyggv.jpg

:ok: :ok: Aproval squared.
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

taalismn wrote:

Given the sheer bloody MDC on the nose of this thing, you sure you're not using this thing to freakin' RAM opponents? I'm thinking with enough acceleration and some structural integrity shielding, you could go right THROUGH anything short of battleship-class. :shock:

while that would be possible.... it would be rather expensive.

and yes while these are built heavy enough that in some ways its like a flying brick, part of the "Alecians" issue is they went for a "since we can't beat them with quantity we will have to use quality, to make up for low numbers."
taalismn
Priest

guardiandashi wrote:
taalismn wrote:

while that would be possible.... it would be rather expensive.

and yes while these are built heavy enough that in some ways its like a flying brick, part of the "Alecians" issue is they went for a "since we can't beat them with quantity we will have to use quality, to make up for low numbers."

Ell, there's always the 'taxi through the barroom wall' gag you can pull with them. :D :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

ElectroFork Magnetic Staff Tool
(aka ‘Mag-zinnor’)

“Neat trident you got there, Matako, but I thought you were Bonded to the Horrorwoods, not the Darkwaters, like Hotaru!”
“It’s not a trident, Minako, it’s a PITCHFORK. A MAGNETIC pitchfork. I’m a stablehand in a warmount breeding yard. I fork scrap metal down the gullets of cyberanimals, and clean up the metal shavings, lubricant oozings, and coolant spills they leave behind. Sometimes the critters get pushy or bitey and I have to pop them on the nose with this thing. It’s not exactly glamorous work.”

An attempt by the Tinkers at creating an electromagnetic melee weapon, the electrofork proved a disappointment in combat, but it has caught on as a tool among Shemarrian laborers.
The electrofork is a pitchfork-like device, a staff-tool ending in several electromagnetic tines. Controls in the staff can be manipulated to produce an attractant magnetic field around the tines, useful for picking up and holding ferric materials, such as scrap metal. The same field can be reversed to repel metal objects, though not very far. Though the latter mode proved to be ineffectual as a ranged weapon, it has proven more effective in melee combat in deflecting and parrying ferric metal weapons such as swords and rifles. The repulsion effect has also proven useful in rebuffing the more aggressive Warmounts and Feral cyberanimals when they’re feeling ornery(equivalent to bopping them on the nose with a cattle prod).
The Electrofork can thus be found throughout the Shemarrian Nation in the hands of laborers, warmount wranglers and stablehands, drone herdsmen, and the N’Re’Mar.
Weight: 6 lbs
Size: Length can vary between 3-7 ft long.
MDC: 20
Range: Melee; the magnetic field has a range of about 3 ft.
Damage: Used as a blunt weapon, the electrofork does 2d6 SD on a strike, or as a spear, it does 3d6 SD.
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Battery in the staff is good for 18 hours of continuous operation. Or it can be powered by induction in the hands of a cyborg or android. The Electrofork is also TW-compatible; 5 PPE/10 ISP will power the device for 30 minutes, a Call Lightning spell can power the device for 12 hours.
Special Features:
*Rated for 800 lbs pull capacity(though the user still has to be strong enough to lift that much weight at the end of a staff )
Bonuses:
+1 to parry metal weapons
+1 to disarm opponents using metal weapons(can knock a rifle, for example, out of the hands of an oppenent)
Cost: 3,000 credits, but rarely available.
Options:
*Tazer Mode---The electrofork can be used to deliver a tazer-like charge. Inflicts an electrical shock that does 1d6 SDC/HP per jolt. However, this is STUN damage and not tissue-damage. Save at 16 or better or be -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF speed and APMs, for 1d4+1 melee rounds, +1d4 if the ‘snake was able to bite soft tissues(like the neck, lips, back of the knee or inside of the elbow. Being shocked five or more times, or with less than HALF hit points remaining, and failing a roll of 15 or better means falling unconscious for 2d4 melee rounds, and suffering stun penalties for a minute(4 melees) afterwards. The standard battery integrated into the electrofork holds enough charge for 100 such jolts. Effectively limitless if held by an induction-linked android or cyborg.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Mercenaryx
D-Bee

Unread post by Mercenaryx »

taalismn wrote:ElectroFork Magnetic Staff Tool
(aka ‘Mag-zinnor’)

“Neat trident you got there, Matako, but I thought you were Bonded to the Horrorwoods, not the Darkwaters, like Hotaru!”
“It’s not a trident, Minako, it’s a PITCHFORK. A MAGNETIC pitchfork. I’m a stablehand in a warmount breeding yard. I fork scrap metal down the gullets of cyberanimals, and clean up the metal shavings, lubricant oozings, and coolant spills they leave behind. Sometimes the critters get pushy or bitey and I have to pop them on the nose with this thing. It’s not exactly glamorous work.”

An attempt by the Tinkers at creating an electromagnetic melee weapon, the electrofork proved a disappointment in combat, but it has caught on as a tool among Shemarrian laborers.
The electrofork is a pitchfork-like device, a staff-tool ending in several electromagnetic tines. Controls in the staff can be manipulated to produce an attractant magnetic field around the tines, useful for picking up and holding ferric materials, such as scrap metal. The same field can be reversed to repel metal objects, though not very far. Though the latter mode proved to be ineffectual as a ranged weapon, it has proven more effective in melee combat in deflecting and parrying ferric metal weapons such as swords and rifles. The repulsion effect has also proven useful in rebuffing the more aggressive Warmounts and Feral cyberanimals when they’re feeling ornery(equivalent to bopping them on the nose with a cattle prod).
The Electrofork can thus be found throughout the Shemarrian Nation in the hands of laborers, warmount wranglers and stablehands, drone herdsmen, and the N’Re’Mar.
Weight: 6 lbs
Size: Length can vary between 3-7 ft long.
MDC: 20
Range: Melee; the magnetic field has a range of about 3 ft.
Damage: Used as a blunt weapon, the electrofork does 2d6 SD on a strike, or as a spear, it does 3d6 SD.
Payload: Battery in the staff is good for 18 hours of continuous operation. Or it can be powered by induction in the hands of a cyborg or android. The Electrofork is also TW-compatible; 5 PPE/10 ISP will power the device for 30 minutes, a Call Lightning spell can power the device for 12 hours.
Special Features:
*Rated for 800 lbs pull capacity(though the user still has to be strong enough to lift that much weight at the end of a staff )
Bonuses:
+1 to parry metal weapons
+1 to disarm opponents using metal weapons(can knock a rifle, for example, out of the hands of an oppenent)
Cost: 3,000 credits, but rarely available.
Options:
*Tazer Mode---The electrofork can be used to deliver a tazer-like charge. Inflicts an electrical shock that does 1d6 SDC/HP per jolt. However, this is STUN damage and not tissue-damage. Save at 16 or better or be -6 to strike, parry, dodge, and roll, HALF speed and APMs, for 1d4+1 melee rounds, +1d4 if the ‘snake was able to bite soft tissues(like the neck, lips, back of the knee or inside of the elbow. Being shocked five or more times, or with less than HALF hit points remaining, and failing a roll of 15 or better means falling unconscious for 2d4 melee rounds, and suffering stun penalties for a minute(4 melees) afterwards. The standard battery integrated into the electrofork holds enough charge for 100 such jolts. Effectively limitless if held by an induction-linked android or cyborg.

Nice, I wonder if it can be more used as a stun device like those that Riot police might use to stun someone?

Quick question, what are the N’Re’Mar again? I kind of forgot and needs a quick reminder.
taalismn
Priest

Mercenaryx wrote:[q

Quick question, what are the N’Re’Mar again? I kind of forgot and needs a quick reminder.

The R'Mar 'aliens' are another, smaller/less common, set of alien robots/cyborgs created by ARCHIE-3 as scavengers/resource prospectors(Raw Material Acquisition Robot). They're much more furtive than the Shemarrians.
In the Shemarrian Civil War, they're just as susceptible to being Awakened, and the EShemar see them as a kindred species that has suffered the loss of its original culture even more acutely than the Shemar. 'Awakened' R'Mar become the N'Re'Mar. They're a simpler people, with their own more slowly-evolving culture, who are semi-independent of the EShemar, and work closely with them, like an ethnic minority existing inside a larger majority culture. Real-world examples I'd compare them to: Dutch Calvinists in England, Hassidic Jews in New York, or even the Amish.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

A piece of basic gear Shemarrians will carry with them, usually carried on their warmounts.

Shemarrian Kits
Shemarrians are generally nomadic, especially Tribes like the Wolf's Path, so they carry most of their possessions with them, or at least their most valued ones, when not in combat. These items are usually carried on their warmounts, thus they have had to design things to be easily stored or miniaturized. With the addition of the Wayfinders, some things can be supplemented by using techno-wizard devices.
The basic kit contains most things a Shemarrian would always carry with them on their warmounts on carry on their backs if on foot. Some might have their gear split amongst several Shemar wolves if they have more than 2.

Basic Kit
The basic kit fits in a large backpack, which is usually stored directly behind the saddle. Divided into several sections, it is made of synthetic materials made to look like some sort of leather or other animal hide, and is water proof and padded to protect the contents. The kit does not include clothing, weapons, armour food or drinks.
-Bedroll and Blanket. Even though Shemarrians are robots or cyborgs, their psionic entities do require some rest, and many do like some creature comforts, especially those that take mates that are not Shemarrians in origins. These bed rolls are thermal blankets, able to keep a steady ambient temperature inside even in -100 F to +100 F temperatures.
-Long range communicator and emergency beacon. Sometimes the Shemarrians need to communicate with someone farther away, or an unexpected event happens, such as a random dimensional rift and some demons pop out. The communicator and beacon have enough power to run continuously for 1 month without requiring additional power.
-IRMSS, NeShemar carry a standard IRMSS while Shemarrians carry a modified version that is more similar to the cybernetic repair system built into their frames. This is for when their built in systems are exhausted or damaged, or come across natives in need of help. The Shemarrian version can function as a normal IRMSS, but takes 1 minute to reconfigure for biological use.
-Collapsible 10 foot staff. This staff has many uses, plus has retractable loops and a spot to attach a fishing line reel for fishing.
-100 feet of high tensile fishing line (this is actually a metallic line to allow for fishing particularly large and powerful aquatic life) plus 4 hooks.
-200 feet duracable with 2 self stabilizing and setting folding grappling hooks with molecular adhesives.
-2 waterskins each holding up to 3.5 quarts of liquids.
-Cutlery, plates, cups. The basic kit includes basic eating utensils.
-6 air filters.
-6 flares.
-2 fire starting kits. These kits contain flint and steel, more high tech versions, plus a few blocks of combustible chemicals that burn even while wet, able to light a well constructed fire even in light rain.
-Gas Mask
-Pocket/Signal Mirror
-2 person (Shemarrian size) tent, similar to the thermal bed roll, able to keep a stable ambient temperature inside while outside temperature ranges from -100 to +100 F. Comes with anchors to secure the tent to the ground against winds up to 100 mph.
- Large lean-to. This is large enough to shelter a warmount up to twice the size of a Monstrex.
-Camo-Sheets. There are two sheets, one large enough to conceal a warmount of Monstrex in size, another for a single Shemarrian. These sheets blend into the environment after 2 melees, granting +25% to camouflage, reduces thermal signatures and electromagnetic fields, and motion under the fields are also masked. Sensors suffer -35% to detect thermal and electrical signals, and motion detectors suffer -15%.
-Portable light. This is a flashlight about the size of a 4 cell flashlight, but also has IR and UV modes.
-Basic Electrical and Mechanical tool kits. These are small tool kits with multitools designed for aiding in repairs of electrical and mechanical systems, with simple scanners for aiding in the repairs.
-Survival Knife. 1D4 S.D.C.
-Sharpening Tools. These are tools for sharpening blades.
-Pencil, Pen and small notebook.
-'Fix-It Felix'. This is a techno-wizard device made by the Wayfinders and shared with all the tribes as a gift as part of unifying the tribes. The name came from a Ghost Rider that saw it in action, after the name of a character in a movie that could fix anything. Although the Fix-It Felix can make repairs, it can't fix everything, plus has a few other functions. It has a PPE generator that also absorbs ambient P.P.E. to extend its life. It has 150 P.P.E. plus the Shemarrian can pump their own P.P.E. or use their own I.S.P. at 1.5 cost instead of the normal double. The Wayfinders found a way to make it more receptive to I.S.P. with the use of psylite crystals, since more Shemarrians have more psionic potential than magical.
The Fix-It Felix has the following spells:
=Cleanse 6 P.P.E. Useful for cleaning oneself, weapons and warmount.
=Create Wood 10 P.P.E. for soft wood, 20 for hard wood. Good for building campfires or stakes or other wood weapons for fighting vampires. Up to 100 lbs of wood created per casting.
=Watachguard 10 P.P.E. Good for guarding campsites. Lasts for 6 hours.
=Mend the Broken 10 +30/1 MDC or +1/2 SDC. Can fix a total of 5 M.D.C. on a full charge. This can be used to make a quick repair, or re-attach limbs that have been cut off Shemarrian bodies. It isn't much, but after a heated battle, every little bit helps.
=Sustain 12 P.P.E. This is good for NeShemar, bonded servants or rescued non-combatants. Effects last for 4 days.
=Create Water 15 P.P.E. Can create 2 gallons per casting.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Shemarrian Kits are useful, the above is the basic kit. Are there others?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

abtex wrote:Shemarrian Kits are useful, the above is the basic kit. Are there others?

I might throw together a couple more.. but most tribes would use this while out roaming around.
So any Shemarrian you encounter on Rifts Earth should have this stuff (basically I just created a very simple survival kit that I used to take camping when I was a kid).

Any kits I make would be most likely ones they bring in addition to the basic kit, or for short term mission/outings would replace the basic kit... like maybe a Hunting Kit which would include various items used in hunting not counting weapons and ammunition and major items for setting traps (well a few items can be used if one is inventive, like the camo sheets in the basic kit could be used to cover a pit trap, the fishing line as one of those traps you step in the loop then it hangs you upside down by your foot.. or as a trip wire).
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:A piece of basic gear Shemarrians will carry with them, usually carried on their warmounts.

Shemarrian Kits.

This works SO nicely for adventuring at home and abroad. 8) 8) 8) :ok:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
guardiandashi
Hero

kronos wrote:
abtex wrote:Shemarrian Kits are useful, the above is the basic kit. Are there others?

I might throw together a couple more.. but most tribes would use this while out roaming around.
So any Shemarrian you encounter on Rifts Earth should have this stuff (basically I just created a very simple survival kit that I used to take camping when I was a kid).

Any kits I make would be most likely ones they bring in addition to the basic kit, or for short term mission/outings would replace the basic kit... like maybe a Hunting Kit which would include various items used in hunting not counting weapons and ammunition and major items for setting traps (well a few items can be used if one is inventive, like the camo sheets in the basic kit could be used to cover a pit trap, the fishing line as one of those traps you step in the loop then it hangs you upside down by your foot.. or as a trip wire).

Alecian "basic" kit
-Long range communicator and emergency beacon. Sometimes the Shemarrians need to communicate with someone farther away, or an unexpected event happens, such as a random dimensional rift and some demons pop out. The communicator and beacon have enough power to run continuously for 1 month without requiring additional power.
-IRMSS, NeShemar carry a standard IRMSS while Shemarrians carry a modified version that is more similar to the cybernetic repair system built into their frames. This is for when their built in systems are exhausted or damaged, or come across natives in need of help. The Shemarrian version can function as a normal IRMSS, but takes 1 minute to reconfigure for biological use.
-Collapsible 10 foot staff. This staff has many uses, plus has retractable loops and a spot to attach a fishing line reel for fishing.
-100 feet of high tensile fishing line (this is actually a metallic line to allow for fishing particularly large and powerful aquatic life) plus 4 hooks.
-200 feet duracable with 2 self stabilizing and setting folding grappling hooks with molecular adhesives.
1 "Super" fire starter this is a small cube ~1 inch on a side that contains enough internal energy for 10 "ignites" at maximum temperature, without recharging, it has a "flap" on 1 side with relatively simple controls, allowing the "temperature" to be set from 200 degrees, up to ~10,000 degrees, and if left in a lit fire can use its thermal converter sytems in "reverse" mode to recharge.
1 (or more) tube(s) aproximately the size of an old style 35mm film canister filled with "strike anywhere" matches (these are commonly used as gifts or trade supplies)
-Pocket/Signal Mirror
-2 person (Shemarrian size) tent, similar to the thermal bed roll, able to keep a stable ambient temperature inside while outside temperature ranges from -100 to +100 F. Comes with anchors to secure the tent to the ground against winds up to 100 mph.
- Large lean-to. This is large enough to shelter a warmount up to twice the size of a Monstrex.
-Camo-Sheets. There are two sheets, one large enough to conceal a warmount of Monstrex in size, another for a single Shemarrian. These sheets blend into the environment after 2 melees, granting +25% to camouflage, reduces thermal signatures and electromagnetic fields, and motion under the fields are also masked. Sensors suffer -35% to detect thermal and electrical signals, and motion detectors suffer -15%.
-Portable light. This is a flashlight about the size of a 4 cell flashlight, but also has IR and UV modes.
-Basic Electrical and Mechanical tool kits. These are small tool kits with multitools designed for aiding in repairs of electrical and mechanical systems, with simple scanners for aiding in the repairs.
-Survival Knife. 1D4 S.D.C.
-Sharpening Tools. These are tools for sharpening blades.
-Pencil, Pen and small notebook.
"Ultimate" Multitool This is a device about the size of a "large" "swiss army knife" it incorporates a high density energy cell, and a combination of nano-machines and memory metals, it weighs ~3lbs, and a neural programming matrix, that allows the Shemarian (or people with telemechanics) to attempt to program it to generate/transform into any tool they can imagine. they have been seen to generate hammers (or mass holders) chisels, vibro blades, wrenches, high tech tools like soldering irons, etc.
-'Fix-It Felix'. This is a techno-wizard device made by the Wayfinders and shared with all the tribes as a gift as part of unifying the tribes. The name came from a Ghost Rider that saw it in action, after the name of a character in a movie that could fix anything. Although the Fix-It Felix can make repairs, it can't fix everything, plus has a few other functions. It has a PPE generator that also absorbs ambient P.P.E. to extend its life. It has 150 P.P.E. plus the Shemarrian can pump their own P.P.E. or use their own I.S.P. at 1.5 cost instead of the normal double. The Wayfinders found a way to make it more receptive to I.S.P. with the use of psylite crystals, since more Shemarrians have more psionic potential than magical.
The Fix-It Felix has the following spells:
=Cleanse 6 P.P.E. Useful for cleaning oneself, weapons and warmount.
=Create Wood 10 P.P.E. for soft wood, 20 for hard wood. Good for building campfires or stakes or other wood weapons for fighting vampires. Up to 100 lbs of wood created per casting.
=Watachguard 10 P.P.E. Good for guarding campsites. Lasts for 6 hours.
=Mend the Broken 10 +30/1 MDC or +1/2 SDC. Can fix a total of 5 M.D.C. on a full charge. This can be used to make a quick repair, or re-attach limbs that have been cut off Shemarrian bodies. It isn't much, but after a heated battle, every little bit helps.
=Sustain 12 P.P.E. This is good for NeShemar, bonded servants or rescued non-combatants. Effects last for 4 days.
=Create Water 15 P.P.E. Can create 2 gallons per casting.
In addition most "Alecians" carry 1 or more "tokens, trinkets, or 'Holy symbols' " that remind them of the 'mythical' Alecia, and Megarea.

The Alecian version is clearly a "manufactured" pack rather than appearing to be made of hide, but a higher percentage of their equipment appears to be obviously manufactured professionally as opposed to other tribes.

Some Alecians have been observed carrying their version of an "Advanced" manufacturing kit which is truly a wonder most people would kill for (which usuallyto date always turns out poorly for the people attempting this action)

the Alecian "advanced manufacturing kit" packs away into 5 ~100 lb modules that are sort of egg shaped and about 1.5 feet in diameter. When deployed they become a 2 ton unit with a typical minimum size about the size of a compact car. (which again has the other Shemarian tribes highly confused) it contains a "relatively small" nanufacturing system and based on observation appears that it could be classified as a high level Von Neuman or "self replicating" machine. Observation indicates that this type of system may be the basis of much of the Alecians manufacturing capabilities, as several things have been noted:
1 an Alecian was observed deploying one of these units and shortly a modest battle scrapyard in the immediate vicinity disappeared.
2 An Alecian "walker warmount" limped into the area with a seriously mangled left arm, a few hours later the unit walked off fully repaired.
3 whenever these units have been deployed many materials especially silicates, metals, a limited amount of organics, in general all the materials Alecians typically consider trading for, are significantly reduced in the area.
4 one "Alecian" came to an area and deployed one of these units. A few days later several Alecians left the vicinity each of which had one of these units.

These units are a little too big for one Alecian warrior pack, however they are easily portable (in travel configuration) by any of the Shemarian riding or "pack" mounts, and the individual modules can be transported by any shemarian and even their "hounds"
taalismn
Priest

guardiandashi wrote:[Alecian "basic" kit"

Also carries at least one issue of the 'Alec and Meg' newsletter and a diamond-imprint flashdrive holding 'The Book of Alecia and Meg'. :D ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

Psionic Neshemar/Shemar Elites/Upgrades

As the Shemarrian Nation grows, as well as the Star Nation, taking in many Neshemar with psionic abilities, or potential, and many Shemarrians developing more psionic powers or potential (large amounts of I.S.P. but very few powers), Tinkers have been working on ways to make use of this potential. The first psynetic gear laid the groundwork for elite frames for those with high psionic potential but haven't developed many powers. These frames are available for all genders, and usually matched to the recipient's fighting style or psyche profile. Recipients of these frames may not be considered full elites, but usually are high ranking warriors that earn Rites of Upgrade to allow greater use of their psionic abilities. All recipients require to have at least 25 I.S.P. and a M.E. score of at least 15 before they are considered for any of these frames.

Psi-Bruiser
The Psi-Bruiser turns psionic potential into brute strength, turning the Shemarrian from an ordinary looking Shemarrian into a powerhouse that make Skullcrushers proud.
The Psi-Bruiser is shorter and stouter than an average Shemarrian, keeping the frame strong and compact. Psi-Bruisers excel in melee combat, where their psionically enhanced strength, endurance and shield allows them to take a beating and dish it out. With their melee attacks being psionically enhanced, this gives the Psi-Bruiser the ability to damage creatures that can only be injured by magic or psionic attacks.
Psi-Bruisers come equipped with an upgraded version of the Psi-shield psynetic device, psi-bolt blaster and gain access a psynetic version of the psi-sword. The Psi-Bruiser is also able to pump psionic power into their frames to reinforce it, shrugging off even more damage than normal, increase the strength of their artificial muscles to supernatural levels.

Type: Shemar Psi-Bruiser
Class: Robot Gynoid/Android Psionic Elite
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence 
Requirement: Minimum 25 I.S.P., M.E. 15
M.D.C. By Location:
Antennas (2) - 10 each
Hands (2) - 22 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders (2) - 110 each
Forearms (2) - 75 each
Legs (2) - 140 each
Head - 90
Main Body - 270
Helmet - 75
Gauntlets (2) - 40 each
Force Field - 150 + 30/level of experience after obtaining frame

Height: Varies between 5 foot 10 inch and 6 foot 8 inch
Width: 3 feet 10 inches to 4 feet 6 inches
Length: 2 feet, 6 inches to 3 feet 4 inches
Weight: 900 lbs to 1000 lbs
Power System: Nuclear 15 years
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 36, PP. 20.
I.S.P.: Gains +1d4 I.S.P. per level.
Cargo: None; only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 90 mph. The act of running does not tire the robot and speed can be maintained indefinitely.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus: 
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual. 

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Psi-Shield - The Psi-Bruiser has an upgraded version of the psynetic psi-shield, granting 150 +30 M.D./level of experience after the recipient obtains this frame. The shield can be activated four times per every 24 hour period, or the Shemarrian can activate the shield by spending 20 ISP of their own. While active, the Shemarrian gains +3 bonus to save vs psionics +1 per 3 levels of experience.

Psionic Endurance - For short periods, the Shemarrian can infuse their body with psionic energy, temporarily gaining 50 + 20 M.D. per level of experience, magic and psionic attacks against the Shemarrian have their damage reduced by half. 15 I.S.P. and lasts for 3 minutes.

Psionic Strength - The Shemarrian can infuse their artificial muscles with psionic energy granting great strength. Gains +5 P.S. and is considered Supernatural. 16 I.S.P and lasts for 1 minute. While active, the Shemarrian's unarmed strikes can harm creatures that can only be harmed by magical or psionic attacks.

Enhanced Psionics - The range of the recipient's psionic powers are increased by 25%, and any psionic power with a variable number (requires a die roll), gains +1 per die. For example, if the recipient has electrokinesis, and deals 3d6 damage, would deal 3d6+3 damage. If the recipient has bio-regeneration, instead of healing Hit Points or S.D.C., can heal M.D.C.

Kinetic Field - A low level psionic field surrounds the Psi-Bruiser, reducing physical damage from kinetic sources (bullets, punches, missiles, explosions, melee weapons, psionic and magical attacks that rely on kinetic energy to deal damage (TK punch for example), etc), slightly, but takes some of that kinetic energy and enhances the Psi-Bruiser's own attacks. The field reduces kinetic attack damage by only 10%, but for every 10 points of damage the Psi-Bruiser suffers, gains +1 damage to all melee attacks the Psi-Bruiser makes that turn, including any melee weapon, except for those made with the Psi-Sword. Psi-Bruiser can erect this field twice per day for 5 minutes without I.S.P. cost, or by spending 14 I.S.P. to extend the duration or raise the field again.

Weapon Systems:
1) Hand Claws (2) - The standard Shemarrian hand claws built into the hands.
Range: Melee.
Damage: 3d6 M.D. per swipe or stab.

2) Psi-Bolt Blaster - This is basically a Eshemarrian version of the Noro crystal bolt pistol that is built into the Shemarrian's arm, replacing one of the built-in lasers. With the larger space of the arm, the psi-bolt blaster can benefit from more psylite crystals to increase its payload. The equipped Shemarrian must have at least 10 ISP before this weapon can be installed.
An interesting side effect that was noticed is that the equipped Shemarrian can use the psi-bolt blaster to project other psionic powers that have a shorter range, usually short ranged or touch offensive psionic powers. Touch powers only have half the range of the psi-bolt blaster, and cost an extra 3 ISP to be used this way.
Range: 1000 ft
Mega-Damage: 2d6 M.D or 4D6 M.D. at ley lines.
Rate of Fire: EHHC
Payload: 40 shots per day. The Shemarrian can power the gun herself, spending 5 ISP per shot.
Special Bonuses: Can use other short ranged offensive psionic powers through the psi-bolt blaster at the cost of the power plus 3 ISP. Touch offensive powers have a range of 500 feet, and cost their ISP cost plus 3.

3) Standard Shemarrian laser - The basic laser built into the Shemarrian.
Range: 2000 feet
Mega-Damage: 3d6 M.D.
Payload: Unlimited

4) Psi-Sword - In the Psi-Bruiser's primary hand is a projector to create a Psi-Sword, similar to those used by Cyber Knights. The Psi-Bruiser can create a psi-sword for 5 minutes, 4 times a day. The Psi-Bruiser can extend the duration or active the psi-sword more times by spending 20 I.S.P.
Range: Melee
Mega-Damage: 6D6 M.D.

5) Electric Fists - The fists of the Psi-Bruiser can be electrified, dealing extra damage, plus a good chance to stun the target.
Range: Melee
Mega-Damage: Adds +2d6 electrical damage to unarmed strikes, plus stun, save vs death/coma 14.

6) Hand to Hand Combat: Robotic Strength of 36, or Supernatural Strength 41 when Psionic Strength activated.

Programming/Skills:
In addition to the normal (E)Shemarrian combat and non-combat skills, the Psi-Bruiser gains the following skills:
Detect Ambush +15%
Detect Concealment +10%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics +15%
Wrestling

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Note: Gains +1 plus 1 per 4 levels of experience to saves vs psionics, in addition to bonuses from when Psi-Shield active.
Initiative +5
Dodge +3
Parry +4
Strike +4 (+6 melee, +6 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns) 
Roll +6
Pull Punch +5
Disarm +5
Entangle +5
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 19, 20
Damage: As per Robotic Strength 36, or Supernatural Strength 41.

Psi-Blaster

The Psi-Blaster is the ranged equivalent of the Psi-Bruiser, using the recipient's psionic potential to power numerous weapon systems and enjoying enhanced range to all of her psionic powers. Armed with a heavy version of the psi-bolt blaster for greater range and damage, enhanced optics for targeting, plus the ability to charge ammunition with psionic energy. The Psi-Blaster has a weaker version of the psi-shield that the psi-bruiser carriers, but also has a low level psionic field that absorbs some damage from energy attacks to make the psi-blaster even more powerful for short periods.
The Psi-Blaster is closer in size to the average Shemarrian warrior, but usually a bit slimmer, and a bit physically weaker, but gains a bit of mobility, plus all the psynetic equipment.

Type: Shemar Psi-Blaster
Class: Robot Gynoid/Android Psionic Elite
Crew: Advanced Neural Intelligence 
Requirement: Minimum 25 I.S.P., M.E. 15
M.D.C. By Location:
Antennas (2) - 10 each
Hands (2) - 16 each
Upper Arms/Shoulders (2) - 90 each
Forearms (2) - 70 each
Legs (2) - 120 each
Head - 90
Main Body - 230
Helmet - 75
Gauntlets (2) - 40 each
Force Field - 90 + 20/level of experience after obtaining frame

Height: Varies between 7 foot 8 inches to 8 foot 4 inches
Width: 2 feet 8 inches to 3 feet 2 inches
Length: 1 foot, 6 inches to 2 feet 4 inches
Weight: 800 lbs to *00 lbs
Power System: Nuclear 15 years
Physical Attributes: Equal to Robotic PS. 30, PP. 28.
I.S.P.: Gains +1d4 I.S.P. per level.
Cargo: None; only what can be carried externally
Speed:
Running: 95 mph. The act of running does not tire the robot and speed can be maintained indefinitely.
Market Cost: EXCLUSIVE to the (E)Shemarrian
Systems of Note:
Standard Shemarrian Robot Systems, plus: 
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive night vision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, and other standard Shemarrian systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of the individual. 

*Psynetic Eye - The Psi-Blaster has the psynetic eye upgrade as standard. The Psi-Blaster also has an added power: True Strike.
True Strike - This power lets the Shemarrian's next attack strike nearly perfectly, hitting particularly vulnerable points that even some of the best sharp shoots barely get. The next ranged attack the Psi-Blaster makes gains +6 to strike, the critical roll improves by 1 (if 20 is natural critical it is now 19 and 20 for this attack only), a critical hit deals 25% more damage. I.S.P. 20, only works on one ranged attack per use.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---A modified bionic nanotech repair system that originated with the Ecotroz Shemar. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 60 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Psi-Shield - The Psi-Blaster has an upgraded version of the psynetic psi-shield, granting 90 +20 M.D./level of experience after the recipient obtains this frame. The shield can be activated four times per every 24 hour period, or the Shemarrian can activate the shield by spending 20 ISP of their own. While active, the Shemarrian gains +3 bonus to save vs psionics +1 per 3 levels of experience.

*Enhanced Psionics - The range of the recipient's psionic powers are increased by 50%, and any psionic power with a variable number (requires a die roll), gains +1 per die. For example, if the recipient has electrokinesis, and deals 3d6 damage, would deal 3d6+3 damage. If the recipient has bio-regeneration, instead of healing Hit Points or S.D.C., can heal M.D.C.

*Psionic Charge Ammunition - The Psi-Blaster has a special internal storage unit in its stomach which can hold one clip of ammunition from a 6000 or 4000 series (or similar sized ammunition) railguns, or two from the Shemarrian Assault Rifle, or similar sized weapons. This storage unit is a special focusing chamber lined with psylite crystals, that the Psi-Blaster can imbue ammunition with psionic energy. A clip (or two) must be in the chamber for at least 5 minutes and the Psi-Blaster spends 3 I.S.P. per round (it is possible to charge only some of the rounds in the clip if the Psi-Blaster runs out of I.S.P., and charge the rest the next day) to imbue them with psionic energy. This psionic energy adds +2d6 damage (M.D. to M.D.C creatures, S.D. to S.D.C. creatures, although M.D. armour will cause the psionic energy to deal M.D.), plus this energy allows the round to strike creatures that can only be damaged by magic or psionic attacks, or even strike incorporeal targets, but the round itself deals half damage while still suffering the damage rolled from the bonus 2d6. If using special psylite rounds, the Psi-Blaster can put a psionic power into the round for greater range (costing the 3 I.S.P for charging the round plus the I.S.P. cost of the power), or can super charge the round dealing either and additional 2d6 damage (total of 4d6 costing an extra 3 I.S.P.) or have the psionic damage burst over an area, dealing 2d6 over a 15 foot radius at the point of impact (costing an extra 3 I.S.P.). It is possible to have a psylite round super charged to deal +4d6 damage to a 15 foot radius area costing 9 I.S.P. per round.
This psionic energy will last for 5 hours plus 1 hour per point of M.E. before dissipating harmlessly. Psionic charged ammunition can be fired by any one with a compatible weapon, thus if the Psi-Blaster has enough I.S.P. can charge ammunition for a few battle sisters/brothers and her/himself to use for the day.

*Psionic Deflection Field - A low level psionic field surrounds the Psi-Blaster, reducing energy damage from any source, such as lasers, plasma, particle beams, ion weapons, spells or psionic attacks, slightly, but takes some of that energy and deflects it back at the source. The field reduces energy attack damage by only 10%, but if the Psi-Blaster succeeds a parry roll, the Psi-Blaster makes an immediate attack roll to reflect some of the energy back, dealing half the damage dealt to the Psi-Blaster. The original attacker does not get to dodge or parry this reflected attack unless they possess auto-dodge, but then they are at -5 to dodge rolls. The Psi-Blaster must be aware of the attack. Psi-Blaster can erect this field twice per day for 4 minutes without I.S.P. cost, or by spending 14 I.S.P. to extend the duration or raise the field again.

Weapon Systems:
1) Hand Claws (2) - The standard Shemarrian hand claws built into the hands.
Range: Melee.
Damage: 3d6 M.D. per swipe or stab.

2) Psi-Bolt Blaster - This is basically a Eshemarrian version of the Noro crystal bolt pistol that is built into the Shemarrian's arm, replacing one of the built-in lasers. With the larger space of the arm, the psi-bolt blaster can benefit from more psylite crystals to increase its payload. The equipped Shemarrian must have at least 10 ISP before this weapon can be installed.
An interesting side effect that was noticed is that the equipped Shemarrian can use the psi-bolt blaster to project other psionic powers that have a shorter range, usually short ranged or touch offensive psionic powers. Touch powers only have half the range of the psi-bolt blaster, and cost an extra 3 ISP to be used this way.
Range: 1000 ft
Mega-Damage: 2d6 M.D or 4D6 M.D. at ley lines.
Payload: 40 shots per day. The Shemarrian can power the gun herself, spending 5 ISP per shot.
Special Bonuses: Can use other short ranged offensive psionic powers through the psi-bolt blaster at the cost of the power plus 3 ISP. Touch offensive powers have a range of 500 feet, and cost their ISP cost plus 3.

3) Standard Shemarrian laser - The basic laser built into the Shemarrian.
Range: 2000 feet
Mega-Damage: 3d6 M.D.
Payload: Unlimited

4) Hand to Hand Combat: Robotic Strength of 30.

Programming/Skills:
In addition to the normal (E)Shemarrian combat and non-combat skills, the Psi-Bruiser gains the following skills:
Camouflage +15%
Detect Ambush +15%
Detect Concealment +10%
Lore: Psychics & Psionics +15%
Sniper (+2 to strike on aimed shot)

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Note: Gains +1 plus 1 per 4 levels of experience to saves vs psionics, in addition to bonuses from when Psi-Shield active, these bonuses don't count from stat bonuses.
Initiative +5
Dodge +5
Parry +3
Strike +4 (+6 ranged, +8 w/ Shemarrian Rail Guns) 
Roll +6
Pull Punch +3
Disarm +3
Entangle +3
Knockout/Stun on a Natural 19, 20
Damage: As per Robotic Strength 30
taalismn
Priest

Somewhere in Europe, the Angel of Death is throwing a screaming fit at somebody stealing her thunder. :D :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Somewhere in Europe, the Angel of Death is throwing a screaming fit at somebody stealing her thunder. :D :twisted:

I think she might also be interested in how she can try and acquire the Shemarrian stuff, provided she won't get caught in the process.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Somewhere in Europe, the Angel of Death is throwing a screaming fit at somebody stealing her thunder. :D :twisted:

I think she might also be interested in how she can try and acquire the Shemarrian stuff, provided she won't get caught in the process.

Rage first, then calculate cunning...as revenge due justice, of course.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

A little something for the Lost Eclipse tribe.

Dissolver Zombie
"Those Shemarrians are monsters! And WITCHES! They have zombies at their command!"

The dissolver zombie is a Lost Eclipse combat drone, meant to be used in large numbers and quite expendable. Many are fashioned to look like various Minion races just to annoy and worry the Splugorth. They have also been used to infiltrate areas where a lot of necromancers are active as a means of keeping track of their activities. Equipped with fake flesh that is mean to look like it is rotten and decaying, sometimes with fake bone showing, dressed in ragged clothing or battlefield salvaged armour, which is often of Splugorth origins that was stripped from Minions and put on the dissolvers to give them a little more durability and increase the appearance of the dead Minions turned zombies under Shemarrian control.
Dissolver zombies are in general simple (at least for Shemarrians, but show greater intelligence than Coalition skelebots and many 3 Galaxy combat drones except for Naruni) combat units programmed with a variety of tactics and able to recognize various enemy units and their threat level. They are programmed to act similar to 'regular' zombies for the most part, moving slowly and attacking using their powerful fists, plus their acid abilities. When a Lost Eclipse 'necromancer', usually any Lost Eclipse unit that is in command of the dissolver zombie units equipped with gear to look like a 'typical' necromancer, is present, they will more far faster and show greater intelligence as if the necromancer was influencing and empowering them. Alternatively they will drop the zombie pretense if it is discovered they are not undead.
Dissolvers are strong melee combatants with powerful fists, plus they release a powerful acid from their hands and various points on their frames so that any melee attack against the dissolver will suffer acid damage, damaging weapons. The dissolver can also 'spit' acid, which is usually accompanied by an action by the dissolver to look as if it is inhaling deeply before it spits the acid.
When the dissolver doesn't have to pretend it is a zombie, it moves a full speed and can make use of a concealed vibro-blade in one arm and a laser in the other for additional ranged attacks. If the dissolver detects its imminent destruction (has less than 10 M.D.C. left of the main body, and still in combat), it will move with all speed to the nearest enemy that is not within 30 feet of a Shemarrian unit, other dissolvers are not counted for this, and initiates its self-destruct system. This is similar to the one used by A.R.C.H.I.E. 3, except that a special reserve of acid is released, spraying all within 15 feet of the dissolver in acid.

Type: EShe-AD42 Dissolver
Class: Robotic Attack Drone
Crew: None; robot intelligence
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body: 110
Head: 50
Arms (2): 40 each
Hands (2): 15 each
Legs(2) 50 each
Concealed Vibro-Blade: 10
Salvaged Armour: 20-75

Height: 6-7 ft 
Width: 2-3 ft
Length: 2.5-3.4 ft
Weight: 400 lbs
Cargo: None
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 5 year energy life
Speed: (Running): 90 MPH
(Flying) None possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Not possible
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 50 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Spinsters or at the behest of individual riders/owners. 

*Acid Proof Coating - The Dissolver Zombie's skin is coated to protect it from all types of acid attacks, including its own.

*Secreted Acid - The dissolver zombie secretes acid from various points on its body, which is collected near its feet and recycled back and re-secreted. Melee attacks against the dissolver will suffer 1D6 M.D. of damage from the acid. The dissolver can turn this off when it is not in combat.

*Secondary Sensors - The dissolver has a back up set of sensors in its torso to allow it to keep fighting if the head is removed, however all bonuses are halved and it can not use the acid spit attack. When the head is destroyed, it will immediately move as quickly as possible to the nearest enemy and engage its self-destruct system.

Weapons Systems:
1) Fists - The fists of the Dissolver are designed for combat, larger than normal and reinforced for smashing targets to rubble.
Damage: 3D6 M.D
Special: The dissolver can release a larger amount of acid that will burn the target for 2D6. M.D. and will continue to deal damage for 1d6 rounds for 1D6 M.D. each round unless neutralized.
Payload: Has enough acid for 50 such attacks.

2) Acid Spit - The Dissolver can spit a large amount of acid that will melt the target to sludge.
Range: 200 ft
Damage: 2D6 MD plus will continue to burn for 1D6 rounds for 1D6 MD each round
Payload: 50, uses same reservoir as the acid used in fist attacks.

3) Concealed Vibro-Blade - One arm conceals a vibro-blade for slashing attacks. The blade is coated in the same acid proof coating as the rest of the dissolver.
Damage: 2D4 MD

4) Concealed Laser - This is a concealed laser based on the ones common to all Shemarrians built in their arms.
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 3D6 M.D.
Payload: Effectively unlimited

5) (Optional): The dissolver can use any melee weapon or other ranged weapon it can pick up. However if it is still pretending to be a zombie, it will only use melee weapons.

6) Self-Destruct - The dissolver is equipped with a self-destruct system that will engage when it is destroyed or if the dissolver engages it as part of a suicide attack when it has less than 10 M.D.C. remaining of its main body. The self-destruct releases a special reservoir of extremely powerful acid, damaging all within 15 feet of the dissolver for 4D6 M.D. and continues to melt for 1D6 rounds dealing 2D6 M.D. unless neutralized. The dissolver is melted into a bubbling puddle that is dangerous to touch for at least 1D6+3 rounds. Anyone touching the puddle will suffer 1D6 M.D. acid damage.

Programming:
The robot has an effective I.Q. of 12, and programmed to act as a typical zombie. Dissolver Zombies are never infected with the Ecotroz entity as they are expendable combat drones.
Typically has the following: 
W.P. sword, W.P. Rifle, W.P. energy pistol, W.P. energy rifle, W.P. paired weapons
Radio: Basic 96%
Land Navigation 86%
Climbing 96%/86% (4x faster than average humanoid)
Languages: Dragonese, English, any 3 others, usually at least one common to the race the dissolver zombie is designed to emulate.
Track 70%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Speech: The dissolver zombie generally doesn't speak except to make moans, groans, growls and similar noises. When it does speak it is usually guttural and slow.
Programmed to recognize most common types of undead, demons, deevils, Splugorth Minions, and other common enemies of the Shemarrians, plus common pieces of equipment or items used by magic users, such as necromancers, shifters, etc.

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Initiative +2
Dodge +4
Strike +5 (+2 melee for total +7 for melee strikes) 
Parry +4
Roll +2
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:A little something for the Lost Eclipse tribe.

Dissolver Zombie

Ewww....NEAT myrmidon drones....Clan Shelley will be wanting these in trade from the Lost Eclipse!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

For years the EShemarrian prophets and seers had some warning of the coming Minion War, and began stockpiling materials to use, such as silver and other materials that demons and deevils are vulnerable to, such as silver. The Wayfinders also began working on increasing the number of magic weapons available to the other tribes. Some even worked with other groups to develop cheap, easy to product technowizard weapons. A number of such products were developed with, given or borrowed from such groups as Paladin Steel, suggesting that the ties between P.S./G.N.E. and the EShemarrian is far greater than expected, or both are willing to ignore any industrial espionage in regards to the coming and during the Minion War.

The EShemarrians have access to the Paladin Steel QuickSilver and Lightning Striker TW weapons modifications, but as many EShemarrian are psionic and not many are magically inclined, and creating PPE generating systems on a scale large enough to arm the many tribes is incredibly difficult in the time necessary, thus few EShemarrians have weapons armed with such modifications. The Wayfinders took larger PPE generators and created devices that can enchant multiple weapons or rounds of ammunition quickly, which can be distributed to all ground units in any given fight.

Lightning Converter

The Lightning Converter is the EShemarrian expansion of the Lightning Striker. A large locker, about the size of a fridge, which ammunition is placed within to be enchanted. On the side are controls for inputting number of rounds to be enchanted, if the rounds are to be empowered higher than normal, display of how much magical energy is left in each generator. While not quite as powerful as the Lightning Striker mounted to an individual weapon, it does allow a large amount of ammunition to be enchanted relatively quickly. Using several PPE generators, each rating at 2000 PPE, about 4 such generators are mounted, however they can not be used together to use all the PPE at once, one generator must be drained before the next kicks in, and so on. It can hold about 250 rounds about the size of standard railgun rounds, less for larger rounds, costing 7 PPE/ 14 ISP per round. The lower PPE is due to special magical resonating crystals in the construction, plus a weakened version of the Lightning Strike spell. If a PPE generator is drained before all the ammunition within is charged, only what ammunition can be charged with the available PPE is enchanted, which must be removed, then the remainder ammunition can be charged by the next generator. Ammunition is enchanted for 1 hour before the energy dissipates and returns to normal ammunition. This allows anyone to use the ammunition, even if they have no magical or psionic abilities whatsoever.
Range: No change in the projectile's range.
Damage: 2d4 MD. At extra PPE/ISP cost, the damage can be increased by an additional +1d4 for an additional 3 PPE/6 ISP per round, up to a maximum of 5d4 MD for a total of 16 PPE/32 ISP per round.
Even if parried with a shield, the target takes 25% damage due to electrical shock grounding out.
PPE Cost: 7 PPE/ 14 ISP per round. Uses the PPE generators. Once one generator is empty, the next kicks in. The generators recharge at a rate of 1 PPE per 10 minutes, double at a Ley Line, triple at Nexus points. Alternatively an operator, or other donors can user their PPE or ISP to charge the ammunition.
Cost: Available only to the Eshemarrians.

Quicksilver Converter
The Quicksilver Converter is similar to the Lightning Converter, except that it will coat any weapon placed into it with silver for 5 minutes at a time. Although this is only a temporary coating, in many fights with demons and other creatures vulnerable to silver, for the EShemarrians 5 minutes can be long enough, especially if they cycle different warriors from the front to rest for a few minutes, if possible. The Quicksilver is about the same size as the Lightning Converter, however it is 10 feet tall to hold larger EShemarrian weapons, and can hold up to 2 one handed weapons at once, provided they fit, or 1 two handed (provided it fits), or 4 dagger sized, or 8 smaller weapons, such as throwing daggers, or other small thrown weapons. Alternatively, ammunition can be coated as well, up to 250 rounds of ammunition can be coated at once, but they must be out of their magazines. Interestingly, ammunition will hold the coating for 10 minutes instead of the 5 minutes for melee weapons. Once activated, it takes 30 seconds for the device to scan for the striking surface then engage the spell and coat the weapon. All Eshemarrian weapons are programmed into the converter so that it can cover the striking surface quickly. When coating ammunition, a speed loader for loading common magazines and drums will always be available.
The Quicksilver Converter has 4 PPE generators, like the Lightning Converter, each with 2000 PPE, thus allowing it to coat a large number of weapons during a battle, generally with the first line of attackers going first, then the next, and if the flow of battle allows it, the first line can cycle back to recoat their weapons, and so on.
PPE Cost: 10 PPE/20 ISP per weapon or 10 rounds of ammunition.
Duration: 5 minutes per weapon, 10 minutes per round of ammunition.
Damage: Treat the weapon or ammunition now as silver-plating, dealing double damage to those vulnerable to silver.
Cost: Exclusive to Eshemarrians only.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:For years the EShemarrian prophets and seers had some warning of the coming Minion War, and began stockpiling materials to use, such as silver and other materials that demons and deevils are vulnerable to, such as silver. The Wayfinders also began working on increasing the number of magic weapons available to the other tribes. Some even worked with other groups to develop cheap, easy to product technowizard weapons. A number of such products were developed with, given or borrowed from such groups as Paladin Steel, suggesting that the ties between P.S./G.N.E. and the EShemarrian is far greater than expected, or both are willing to ignore any industrial espionage in regards to the coming and during the Minion War.

The EShemarrians have access to the Paladin Steel QuickSilver and Lightning Striker TW weapons modifications, but as many EShemarrian are psionic and not many are magically inclined, and creating PPE generating systems on a scale large enough to arm the many tribes is incredibly difficult in the time necessary, thus few EShemarrians have weapons armed with such modifications. The Wayfinders took larger PPE generators and created devices that can enchant multiple weapons or rounds of ammunition quickly, which can be distributed to all ground units in any given fight.

Lightning Converter

The Lightning Converter is the EShemarrian expansion of the Lightning Striker. A large locker, about the size of a fridge, which ammunition is placed within to be enchanted. On the side are controls for inputting number of rounds to be enchanted, if the rounds are to be empowered higher than normal, display of how much magical energy is left in each generator. While not quite as powerful as the Lightning Striker mounted to an individual weapon, it does allow a large amount of ammunition to be enchanted relatively quickly. Using several PPE generators, each rating at 2000 PPE, about 4 such generators are mounted, however they can not be used together to use all the PPE at once, one generator must be drained before the next kicks in, and so on. It can hold about 250 rounds about the size of standard railgun rounds, less for larger rounds, costing 7 PPE/ 14 ISP per round. The lower PPE is due to special magical resonating crystals in the construction, plus a weakened version of the Lightning Strike spell. If a PPE generator is drained before all the ammunition within is charged, only what ammunition can be charged with the available PPE is enchanted, which must be removed, then the remainder ammunition can be charged by the next generator. Ammunition is enchanted for 1 hour before the energy dissipates and returns to normal ammunition. This allows anyone to use the ammunition, even if they have no magical or psionic abilities whatsoever.
Range: No change in the projectile's range.
Damage: 2d4 MD. At extra PPE/ISP cost, the damage can be increased by an additional +1d4 for an additional 3 PPE/6 ISP per round, up to a maximum of 5d4 MD for a total of 16 PPE/32 ISP per round.
Even if parried with a shield, the target takes 25% damage due to electrical shock grounding out.
PPE Cost: 7 PPE/ 14 ISP per round. Uses the PPE generators. Once one generator is empty, the next kicks in. The generators recharge at a rate of 1 PPE per 10 minutes, double at a Ley Line, triple at Nexus points. Alternatively an operator, or other donors can user their PPE or ISP to charge the ammunition.
Cost: Available only to the Eshemarrians..

"It's debatable, Battlesister, whether it was kinetic damage or electrocution that killed your target. Either way, I can say you killed it dead." 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
guardiandashi
Hero

Due to the Alecians having a distinct lack of "magical/Psionic" capabilities when the Minion war came up, and they were levied for contributions they sighed and pulled 3 items out of their archives.

(equipment they developed but never released for various reasons)

Mk 47 disruptors. these are weapons that still have the other clans shaking their heads and trying to decide if the "Alecians are better as Allies or Enemies" most of those on the Allies side are arguing "What if they have weapons that are great counters for "us"?

The mk 47 disruptors are the "rifle" version of the MK 44 disruptor pistols both include several features that make them ideal for fighting supernatural creatures. They have a tuner function similar to the variable frequency laser weapons used by various forces to combat laser resistant armor. The disruptors however fire a Emerald beam that causes molecular disruption in the target, and after 1d6+1 shots calibrates to be optimized to overcome supernatural resistances such as only damaged by "wood, silver, cold iron" etc. after the weapon calibrates it is treated as inflicting that "type" of damage otherwise the weapon is functionally identical to the standard plasma rifle, (or the ion pistol) for the pistol version.

the second weapon they brought out and have been providing in relatively small numbers to date are their "imploder" missiles considering the use of missiles by the shemarian nation in general is rather low, the fact that they only seem to be available in medium and long range varieties is somewhat disturbing.

damage medium range 3d4x10 mdc to a 30ft blast radius, in addition a 3inch area at the exact center of the area disappears (~3d4x1000 mdc done to that radius)

Long range missiles "heavy" 5d6x10 mdc to a 50ft blast radius in addition an ~1 ft area at the center vanishes (~5d6x1000 mdc done to the 1ft area)

note the "vanish" area is mostly of note for "breaching" otherwise "impervious to damage, or otherwise virtually indestructible" items, rune weapons will NOT be destroyed by these missiles, however they WILL show signs that they were damaged by them and have circular/semicircular gouges or divots done, the rune weapon will "heal" from this damage in 1d4 days but may have a discolored area where the damage was for 1d12 years (or more)

the third "weapon" is actually an "energy shield" projector these shields are essentially uprated Neroni force fields designed for Shemarians the lightest provides 100MDC, the medium is 200mdc, the heavy is 300, and the superheavy is 400mdc all are variable adaptive, and if struck repeatedly by a specific attack type will after 10 attacks develop a 10% resistance to that energy type. 30 attacks boosts the resistance to 15% the maximum resistance is ~50%
taalismn
Priest

guardiandashi wrote:Due to the Alecians having a distinct lack of "magical/Psionic" capabilities when the Minion war came up, and they were levied for contributions they sighed and pulled 3 items out of their archives.

(equipment they developed but never released for various reasons)

Mk 47 disruptors. these are weapons that still have the other clans shaking their heads and trying to decide if the "Alecians are better as Allies or Enemies" most of those on the Allies side are arguing "What if they have weapons that are great counters for "us"?%

Reminds me of a cartoon showing two Trekish-style characters on a planetoid, one of whom is looking crossly at his companion and snapping "I definitely said set guns to STUN!" while nearby a goliath alien's body is standing, sans head, which is now smoking vapor.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Oww.....THis would be fun to add to particularly canine-like Wolf's Path cyberoids like the Wulfgar:
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Hand_To_Hand:_Canine
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Oww.....THis would be fun to add to particularly canine-like Wolf's Path cyberoids like the Wulfgar:
http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Hand_To_Hand:_Canine

Yup.. can see Wulfgar, were-wolf and a few others using this for sure.
taalismn
Priest

And the Feline-Fu(same author) would suit Clan Pantheron just fine as well.
Well, Hand to Hand Brick would suit just about any haymaker-happy Shemarrian brawler who likes to punch things(contrary to common belief, not all Shemarrians like to punch stuff; most just like to shoot the hell out of it.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote:...(contrary to common belief, not all Shemarrians like to punch stuff; most just like to shoot the hell out of it.

Or in the case of the Ghostrider; confuse the ever living [censored] out of it. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:And the Feline-Fu(same author) would suit Clan Pantheron just fine as well.
Well, Hand to Hand Brick would suit just about any haymaker-happy Shemarrian brawler who likes to punch things(contrary to common belief, not all Shemarrians like to punch stuff; most just like to shoot the hell out of it.

The hand to hand brick would probably do well for elites like the Vulcar, Joten and Necriant, and any other large framed elite, since large scale melee weapons may not always be available.
taalismn
Priest

Updated the Shemarrian Codex with the Dissolver Zombie, Psi-Bruiser/Blaster, and Shemarrian Kits. :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

More items for the coming/outbreak of Minion War. I still need the books for this.

Mystic Node

With warnings of the coming, and the outbreak, of the Minion War, the Wayfinders have been researching ways to expand their combat capabilities for the coming war. One of these projects is the Mystic Node. The Mystic Node is a marvel of techno-wizardry, allowing a Wayfinder mage to extend the range of their spells greatly. The Mystic Node is mounted on a warmount, acting as a relay beyond the mage's normal range to strike at targets. The node must be in a shoulder or back mount, where it can easily catch the intended spell and redirect it with a fairly clear line of sight. The Mystic Node itself looks like a large half cylinder with rounded off ends, several groves run perpendicular to its length which glow with mystic energy, usually the bluish-white of ley lines, and glow brighter when a spell is redirected through it or holding a spell. This is mounted atop a rounded corner larger rectangle case with several different gems, gold and silver wiring over its surface. Its designed with a modular mount allowing it to be fitted to different warmounts that can make use of the same modular weapons as the Monstrex. In fact, the Monstrex was the test bed of the Mystic Node and more Monstrexes are equipped with Mystic Nodes than any other warmount, at least for the moment.
The mage, bonded to the warmount, usually through the use of the EShemarrian's wireless communications and even through psychic links, using the warmount's senses to target an opponent, then casts the spell, with an additional 25% increase (round up) in P.P.E. cost and -2 to strike rolls, at the warmount. The Mystic Node catches the spell then redirects it at the intended target. The target will suffer a -1 to dodge or parry as the unexpected direction the spell is now coming from. The warmount will usually be sent ahead either just outside the spell's normal range or just within it. The spell, after it has reached the Mystic Node will have half the original range of the spell to reach its intended target from the equipped warmount.
For example, a level 5 Wayfinder mage casts fire bolt, with a range of 125 feet, but wants to strike a target 175 feet away. Her warmount equipped with a Mystic Node can move up to 125 feet from the mage, then the mage casts the fire bolt, normally costing 7 PPE but now costs 9 P.P.E., plus suffers a -2 to attack roll to the target, the spell flies to the warmount, then to the intended target.
Alternatively, the Mystic Node can allow the warmount to deliver a touch spell for the mage instead. The warmount must be within 10 feet +5 feet per 2 levels of experience of the mage. The spell has the 25% increase of P.P.E. cost, then the warmount can be sent to deliver the spell as either part of a melee attack, or a gentle touch, depending on the spell used. The Mystic Node will hold the spell for 1 melee round, which will allow the warmount to reach most targets, however the mage can increase the duration the Mystic Node holds the spell longer by spending an additional 5 P.P.E. for each addition round. However, as long as the Mystic Node is holding a spell in this manner, it can not be used to redirect any other spell.
One interesting effect of the link between the mage and the warmount allows the mage to cast any spells that target the equipped warmount itself have double the range. For example, if the mage wanted to cast resist fire on the warmount, which normally has a range of 60 feet to affect others, the mage can cast it on the warmount out to 120 feet. If the spell has no range, or by touch only, the warmount can be effected out to a range of 20 feet +5 per 2 levels of experience.
The Mystic Node also provides some resistance to hostile magic against the equipped warmount.
The equipped warmount can only be linked to one mage at a time, which requires the normal EShemarrian wireless communications plus both to spend 3 I.S.P. to create a psychic link. This link lasts for 1 day plus 1 day per point of M.A. of the linked mage.
The only flaws with the Mystic Node is that only one mage can use it at a time, which requires the mage and warmount to psychicly link to each other, the increased P.P.E. cost of the spell, and for offensive spells, the warmount must be just within the range of the spell, and only a 50% increase in range. Another side effect is the warmount will radiate a strong magical aura while equipped with a Mystic Node, even if it is not redirecting or holding a spell. A See Aura spell or similar abilities will give an aura of medium level (appears 4th level), medium P.P.E. base, plus the normal aura for the Ecotroz intelligence fragment.
M.D.C.: 50
Primary Purpose: Magic Support
Secondary Purpose: Defense
Weight: 75 pounds
Range: Half the range of the original spell, or touch.
Damage: Damage of the original spell, or damage of the spell if any plus melee attack damage if a touch delivered spell.
Rate of Fire: As many times as the bonded mage can cast spells.
Payload: Effectively unlimited.
Notes: The equipped warmount gains a +4 bonus against any magic used against it that is not from its linked mage. The warmount also gains the psionic power of Sense Magic.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Always nice to see the bookwyrms get some luvin' :ok:

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:Always nice to see the bookwyrms get some luvin' :ok:

I'm working on a 'sidekick' for mages.. just not sure what to call it, or physical description.. it'll basically be a walking PS multiplexor/mage pod with a number of swap able spell cards, plus a few permanent spells, a large P.P.E. generator that the mage can draw upon as well as the sidekick. A type of semi adaptive magical force field that surrounds it and its assigned mage (about 15 to 20 foot radius so mage can move around). The magical force field will have x M.D. and when struck by different types of spells, it'll gain a resistance to it. (This is a debatable feature)
It'll have a database of knowledge as befitting a sidekick for a Wayfinder (they love books after all).
It might have a Mystic Node, but considering that this is supposed to be a small-ish companion to the mage (I kind of want to go with some kind of helpful spirit or magical creature that assists the mage, like a familiar type feel for it), the Mystic Node would be too big.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've hit a road block.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

kronos wrote:
DhAkael wrote:Always nice to see the bookwyrms get some luvin' :ok:

I'm working on a 'sidekick' for mages.. just not sure what to call it, or physical description.. it'll basically be a walking PS multiplexor/mage pod with a number of swap able spell cards, plus a few permanent spells, a large P.P.E. generator that the mage can draw upon as well as the sidekick. A type of semi adaptive magical force field that surrounds it and its assigned mage (about 15 to 20 foot radius so mage can move around). The magical force field will have x M.D. and when struck by different types of spells, it'll gain a resistance to it. (This is a debatable feature)
It'll have a database of knowledge as befitting a sidekick for a Wayfinder (they love books after all).
It might have a Mystic Node, but considering that this is supposed to be a small-ish companion to the mage (I kind of want to go with some kind of helpful spirit or magical creature that assists the mage, like a familiar type feel for it), the Mystic Node would be too big.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've hit a road block.

Gimme a day or two and I can shoot off some really creative ideas...but for now; I'll just give ya a PM with some inspiration. :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:More items for the coming/outbreak of Minion War. I still need the books for this.

Mystic Node

Oh yahhhh...spell amps!
And yes, it's good to see, as DK sez, the bookworms getting some more love.

"Wanna see what it does with this new spell I found?"(sound of rumbling)
:shock: "...okay...somebody's going to have to redraw the map around here...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:More items for the coming/outbreak of Minion War. I still need the books for this.

Mystic Node

Oh yahhhh...spell amps!

The sidekick idea I have is meant to enhance the capabilities of a mage it's assigned to. Highly expensive and difficult to build, so gifted to exceptional and powerful mages. So besides the mage pod with 4 swapable and 2 permanently programmed spells as part of it's armament (spells for offense or defense), or utility spells for Wayfinder exploration teams. Debating on an adaptive force field. A large P.P.E. generator (PS Sorcerer scale) that the sidekick and mage can draw upon. I might give it a Mystic Node.. actually.. I think I will.. only a modified version.. it can hold more spells maybe.. I need some way to enhance the mage's capabilities besides extending range by 50% which the Mystic Node does. DK gave me something to mine for a few ideas, but as I said, any and all suggestions welcomed.
Especially a name and description.. I was thinking a floating thing, or something like a small bloated body raptor type thing..
guardiandashi
Hero

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Mystic Node

Oh yahhhh...spell amps!

The sidekick idea I have is meant to enhance the capabilities of a mage it's assigned to. Highly expensive and difficult to build, so gifted to exceptional and powerful mages. So besides the mage pod with 4 swapable and 2 permanently programmed spells as part of it's armament (spells for offense or defense), or utility spells for Wayfinder exploration teams. Debating on an adaptive force field. A large P.P.E. generator (PS Sorcerer scale) that the sidekick and mage can draw upon. I might give it a Mystic Node.. actually.. I think I will.. only a modified version.. it can hold more spells maybe.. I need some way to enhance the mage's capabilities besides extending range by 50% which the Mystic Node does. DK gave me something to mine for a few ideas, but as I said, any and all suggestions welcomed.
Especially a name and description.. I was thinking a floating thing, or something like a small bloated body raptor type thing..

an Idea that comes to mind for me, is something from the Wen Spencer "tinker" series.

1 a "magic" computer integrated into a "familiar chassis"
2 a "magic" converter that draws on the nuclear power plant of the "familiar" it can generate a "PPE" at a certain (likely relatively slow rate) this is the "familiar's" equivalent or bio ppe generation.
3 the "familiar has a certain amount of PPE storage capacity using tw gems or similar.
4 the "familiar" has spell "card" slots both "fixed, and modular ones"
5 spell "cards" look a lot like printed circuits each card is the equivalent of a "scroll", and the whole set is the equivalent of a spellbook, but it is a tech/tw version of the splugorth slaver barge "eye orb things"
6 new spell cards can be created, but they can also be burned out by overuse (I am thinking they are a combination of "rune magic" (sort of, but also tech, so the cards will have what looks like a circuit pattern and logic diagram, with various parts having functions, etc. ) the cards will mostly be gold, but may also include very small gems, etc.
7 they are essentially a "new" kind of spell magic invented by the shemarians with a "magic" focus.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[Especially a name and description.. I was thinking a floating thing, or something like a small bloated body raptor type thing..

Getting the impression of a winged crystal ball, maybe? With a little dragon/eagle head and maybe a pair of small robotic manipulators?

There's a flying Kittani security drone that could be used as the basis for some components and performance specs(although the drone's rather on the large size).

As for a name...hmmm...gotta look at some pidgin latin from various words for animals, magic, and properties?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[Especially a name and description.. I was thinking a floating thing, or something like a small bloated body raptor type thing..

Getting the impression of a winged crystal ball, maybe? With a little dragon/eagle head and maybe a pair of small robotic manipulators?

There's a flying Kittani security drone that could be used as the basis for some components and performance specs(although the drone's rather on the large size).

As for a name...hmmm...gotta look at some pidgin latin from various words for animals, magic, and properties?

But wouldn't a winged crystal ball be a bit too similar to those floating eyes the Sploogs use?
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

But wouldn't a winged crystal ball be a bit too similar to those floating eyes the Sploogs use?

Not if it's got some cosmetic differences...The Splug didn't patent the flying sphere after all.
Besides, part of the developing mythology is that the Shemarrians nearly or WERE slaves of some now (presumably) extinct Splugorth intelligence, and so there are echoes of knocked-off design in many Shemarrian designs...supposedly due to the Shemar turning Splug tech and biotech to their own usage.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Not if it's got some cosmetic differences...The Splug didn't patent the flying sphere after all.
Besides, part of the developing mythology is that the Shemarrians nearly or WERE slaves of some now (presumably) extinct Splugorth intelligence, and so there are echoes of knocked-off design in many Shemarrian designs...supposedly due to the Shemar turning Splug tech and biotech to their own usage.

That is true. Is the kittani drone in atlantis? or one of the three galaxy books? Still waiting on DK's other suggestions, but I might use it as another idea. Plus with magic and tech from other tribes, including maybe from the Vespine (did I get that right? with their mini robots and such) can probably make some stuff small enough, but again highly difficult to produce, so these sidekicks are only for high level mages or the like.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
That is true. Is the kittani drone in atlantis? or one of the three galaxy books? Still waiting on DK's other suggestions, but I might use it as another idea. Plus with magic and tech from other tribes, including maybe from the Vespine (did I get that right? with their mini robots and such) can probably make some stuff small enough, but again highly difficult to produce, so these sidekicks are only for high level mages or the like.

Atlantis...the one with the globe searchlight. I was unaware that there was one in Three Galaxies.
It's Clan Vespa(just like the motorscooter); the Vespina are the android faeries they produce.
And yeah, I already have a visual image inspired by your rough description. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

Atlantis...the one with the globe searchlight. I was unaware that there was one in Three Galaxies.
It's Clan Vespa(just like the motorscooter); the Vespina are the android faeries they produce.
And yeah, I already have a visual image inspired by your rough description. :D

I have no idea if there is one in the Three Galaxy books.. but I figured it'd be in either Atlantis, the market book, or one of the three galaxy books since the Sploog are all over the place.
I was close with Vespine.. I knew it was Vesp-something. :lol:

As I said.. I haven't narrowed down how I want it to look exactly.. either the floating idea, which DK also hinted at, or the raptor style body (the leaning forward, large legs, slightly shorter manipulator arms (but not too short to be ineffective)). Although I am liking the floater idea more.. Allows it to move about in far more areas, better view of the area to relay to the mage.
taalismn
Priest

As I said.. I haven't narrowed down how I want it to look exactly.. either the floating idea, which DK also hinted at, or the raptor style body (the leaning forward, large legs, slightly shorter manipulator arms (but not too short to be ineffective)). Although I am liking the floater idea more.. Allows it to move about in far more areas, better view of the area to relay to the mage.

I was thinking of a combination, a globe with attached wings and an underbody and head that looked draconic or avian(or both). with a set of 'tail feathers' that slide up and down (up to cover the globe partially when not in use, down when hovering next to its mistress/master). The spellcaster typically puts her hand atop the spheroid and casts the spell through it(with secondary focusing effects through the wings and head), or draws PPE from the crystals in it.
The little manipulators add utility, allowing the 'ppe-pet' to perform various small tasks when not being used as a spell-focus/ppe-gatherer.
Of course, there could be several different models, depending on who's producing the little buggers.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:

I was thinking of a combination, a globe with attached wings and an underbody and head that looked draconic or avian(or both). with a set of 'tail feathers' that slide up and down (up to cover the globe partially when not in use, down when hovering next to its mistress/master). The spellcaster typically puts her hand atop the spheroid and casts the spell through it(with secondary focusing effects through the wings and head), or draws PPE from the crystals in it.
The little manipulators add utility, allowing the 'ppe-pet' to perform various small tasks when not being used as a spell-focus/ppe-gatherer.
Of course, there could be several different models, depending on who's producing the little buggers.

Ooooh... that's an idea.. multiple versions.. basic focus/ppe generator is a floating ball with wings.. combat versions carry larger bodies with more abilities..

On another note.. I forget where, or is there any.. but any general rules for charge attacks? besides body block/tackle which i know takes 2 attacks plus deals specific damage depending on combat skill and strength..
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Well'p for Wayfinder specific designs, I'd say either floating geometric solids (cube, tetrahedron, dodecahedron, etc...) with crystal "eyes" on each facing rimmed with mystic glyphs and/or TW powergems...OR, pseudodragon & 3-eyed raven styled micro-bot (done in semi-precious metals & TW gems). Inteligence is determined via modified 'Freind-in-the-head' spell but instead of 3D6 it's only 3D4.

For the other Tribes?
~Shadow-sword / Nightmares would have fanged & horned skulls covered in glowing mystic glyphs.
~Wolfspath? Winged wolf-cubs, 'natch.
~Hawkmoon gravitate to hawk/falcon/mini-phoenix.
~Darkwaters would go for octopi, koi or dolphin.
~Silvermoon preffer spheres resembling voleyball sized pearls or floating discs of silver (re; mini -flying saucers).
~Horrorwood? Possibly the android fae (used with permission from teh Vespina) or floating flower arrangements. ;)
~Bloodrider might go for something simmilar to their Chiropter warmounts.
~Skullcrushers might commission floating spiked balls ... *shrug* They're the Skullcrusher tribe, not the Clan of lollipops and sparkleglitter.
~Sapphire Cobra... flying blue snakes. Of course.
...and of course the Ghostrider don't go for all that magic hoodoo stuff :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

taalismn
Priest

DhAkael wrote:...and of course the Ghostrider don't go for all that magic hoodoo stuff :D

They're just trailed/orbited by little floating communications satellites that act as signal boosters. :D :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[On another note.. I forget where, or is there any.. but any general rules for charge attacks? besides body block/tackle which i know takes 2 attacks plus deals specific damage depending on combat skill and strength..

Well, many charge/body block/rams include a chance of knocking down/back human-sized targets(mileage may vary depending on how many tons you're hitting them with, and whether they're standing on the edge of a cliff).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:[On another note.. I forget where, or is there any.. but any general rules for charge attacks? besides body block/tackle which i know takes 2 attacks plus deals specific damage depending on combat skill and strength..

Well, many charge/body block/rams include a chance of knocking down/back human-sized targets(mileage may vary depending on how many tons you're hitting them with, and whether they're standing on the edge of a cliff).

Hmm... I'll wing it..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:Hmm... I'll wing it..

Sometimes winging it gets you the best results. You get to soar to new heights others have never before reached. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:Hmm... I'll wing it..

Sometimes winging it gets you the best results. You get to soar to new heights others have never before reached. 8)

Yup. Plus I've also been thinking.. some of the elites we've rolled out.. they're more powerful than War Goddesses.. which are supposed to be some of the most powerful of the Shemarrians.. Compared to the standard and the smaller Elites, they still are.. but when you start factoring Joten, the were-wolf, and others.. they are lacking in some areas.
Yeah, Rites of Upgrade can help.. but may not be enough. Sure they will have a lot more experience, knowledge and leadership skills than others, but in RAW power, they can be lacking.
Something I think we should consider in the near future, especially since there are, at least if mythology to be somewhat followed, a low number of War Goddesses compared to any other elite class as they are supposed to be as close to demi-goddesses (as of ARCHIE 3/Hagan made them to be and the Ecotroz somewhat following), they need some attention.

Maybe a few War Goddess specific Rites of Upgrade? War Goddess upgrades to certain elite classes? Why not a War Goddess were-wolf.. definitely would embody the Wolf's Path theme.
Just something I was thinking about while trying to see what spells I have in my books for a new weapon or two while taking a small break from the side kick project as I still have a bit of a road block on it.

Return to “Rifts®”