Vehicle carrying capacity

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Soldier of Od
Hero

Vehicle carrying capacity

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hi All,

How much weight can the trucks in the Rifts world carry? A lot of them state how much they can tow but not what weights they can handle in their truck beds/cargo compartments. I'm thinking of vehicles such as the Cargonaut (NG2), Rumble Wagon (Black Market) the Road King (NG2) and the Road Buster (NG2) in particular.

Thanks.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Vehicle carrying capacity

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

It would fall under gms call general rule would be Pick up style trucks 1/4 to 1/2 ton. Large cargo trucks with a bed would most likely be likely the military vehicles 2.5 tons or 5 tons being the most likely.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

unless we're transporting something very dense like gold or lead or stone, we generally just assumed that if it fit within the volume of the storage area, that we were good.

I have no idea if there are canon rules that attempt to govern this.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Given the MDC chassis I tend to go also with the if you can fit it in the bed it probably will lift it unless its something really out of the ordinary.

Return to “Rifts®”