[Question] Splugorth Slavers: How do they bring der prey hom

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Re: [Question] Splugorth Slavers: How do they bring der prey

Unread post by Svartalf »

Mostly, Slavers and their blind warriors operate out of motherships that take the slave cargo back to Atlantis.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Svartalf wrote:Mostly, Slavers and their blind warriors operate out of motherships that take the slave cargo back to Atlantis.

Which I think is detailed in the SA2 book.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Svartalf
Champion

SA1 IIRC
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

South America 1, begins on page 152. Page 154 is the Mothership, but there are only 4 on Rifts Earth.
Svartalf
Champion

Sure, on the way between raiding location and the mother shop's mooring, the expedition is comparatively vulnerable... to a force able to take a bunch of slavers, each with 4 or 5 Altarans, and possibly accompanying troops lie some Kydians, or maybe tattooed trusties, or Metzlain... I know that such a slaving expedition was annihilated in game, but they had been sent in Shemarrian territory, which is not usual hunting ground once the higher ups caught on that the locals could fight back, which is not what slavers look for.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

I have them work in conjunction with a Splugorth Slave Raider. South America WB 6, page 152 to 153. Says it can hold 800 captives.
ImageImage
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

FistfulOfAdventure wrote:e?
This is the question:
Since there is only the Minion, the BWW and the barge, I suppose that all captured prey has to walk by it's own means.
So, is that not a most vulnerable position for a Minion on the way home? How do you raid other villages with your slaves in tow?

I could imagine they get back by teleportation, is that correct?
If so, when is it used - instantly after having finished "slaveing"?

What other means is there to get back home to Good Od' Daddy Splynncryth?

Most thankful,
A hello to everyone on the forum and thanks in advance,
A Fistful of Adventure

Splourgoth Slave Raider (SA1 pg152-3) is what they operate out of. It can travel on land, but is more optimized for water. From here they may return to a Mothership (of which there are only 4), Atlantis directly, or a friendly port for transfer (there are a few scattered about the world IIRC).

The Slave Barge of the Minion & BWW team doesn't have teleportation ability.

I suspect that the Slave Raids result in a combination of having the slaves march to a rendezvous point with a SSR or another intermediary transport (or holding area for a "cattle drive" to take place later to a transport), so the Barge/BWW can head out again for more.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

In North america the Splurgorth have established a city called Little Atalatis in Newfoundland with it's own pyramids for instantly teleporting people and slaves too and from.

Page 65-66 of Rifts Aftermath details other splurgorth colonies and ports in north america for shuttling slaves back.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

FistfulOfAdventure wrote:After having checked my SA1 book on the referred pages (long time since I read them, thank you for the reminder!) I understood what you mean. Still these are seaborne vessels. Even if the SSR can move on land, it is a watercraft. It cannot climb nor pass through wood or travel overland for long distances.

Most communities will likely have a source of water though, which can include rivers, streams, lakes which can be part of larger networks that the SSR could navigate easily enough limiting the time it has to stay on dry land. Said body of water can be nearby or run w/n the communities limits reducing the distance that one has to travel to get to a SSR accessible point.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Don't the Horune also help transport slaves for Atlantis? Perhaps the Slavers drop them off for transport and they have arrangement deals, or else get re-sold at start and end points.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Carl Gleba wrote:I have them work in conjunction with a Splugorth Slave Raider. South America WB 6, page 152 to 153. Says it can hold 800 captives.

This was my take as well the slavers use their parasites and mindcontrol magics and brute force to wrangle groups of people and bring them either to a splugorth slave raider or a smaller ship for pickup and processing.

I tend to see the motherships as more major collecting facilities for slave harvesting farther away from atlantis. The use of raiders and other smaller collection ships would be used to shuttle cattle from the slavers working to bring to depots if near one/atlantis itself if close enough or a mothership if operating in other areas of the world like the southern atlantic or pacific oceans.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Fleets of the 3galaxies (can't remember it's actual name my apologies) there are ships (superior in every way) similar to the death heads transports in size . And if a back water couple city sized "empire" can creat thousands of the deaths heads transports ..

I do not think its a stretch to say that splynn has at least 10-50x as many of the same sized transports operating on rifts earth at any given time (across thee entire rifts earth).
H.P. Hovercraft
Explorer

Unread post by H.P. Hovercraft »

We've had these exact same logistical problems w/ Spooggie Minnies as well, but here were our solutions:

1)Slaver's tend to operate from a SSR ship (whether attached to a Mothership or not), but move inland and conduct their raids on their own.

2)Herding captured slaves on foot is usually only a short ways to a rendezvous point. The Altara usually stay on the barge w/ the Slaver to avoid being too vulnerable. The herding of the slaves is done by the Slaver's extra (five, I think) floating Eyes of Eyelor; usually w/ the optional Jolt-gun attachment.

3)Once at the rendezvous point the Slaver calls in to the Slave Raider ship and it dispatches crew members (we used the Seaside Hover Platforms from WB:21 Splynn DM; one pilot and room for 30 passengers/slaves) to taxi the newly acquired slaves back to the main ship.

4)Sploogie Minnies are now free to snatch up a whole NEW batch of slaves! Yay!!!

........all these ocean vessels, as well as their Navy as listed in the Underseas book does beg the question of why there is NO port city in all of Atlantis? All the cities are located inland in "the valley." So our group had to create one (it's a nice place, you should come visit). ;)
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I have a simple answer, whatever makes your game more fun.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown

Return to “Rifts®”