Favorite O.C.C.

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Favorite O.C.C.

Half-Living
11%
Hound Master
14%
Reaper
7%
Scrounger
9%
Shepherd of the Damned
12%
Soldier
13%
Survivor ("Ordinary People")
34%

Total votes: 76

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Favorite O.C.C.

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Just wondering what your favorite O.C.C. was from Dead Reign.

My favroite is the Hound Master. I like the idea of working with dogs.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Re: Favorite O.C.C.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

BARQ wrote:average joe

Me too
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

I like all of them, but Survivor is my favorite.
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

I like the Survivor but the Half-living will be my next choice.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

what exactly is a half living??

I think I may have to buy this game to hide it at work........why does the wife have to be afraid of zombiess
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Quantum07
Explorer

Unread post by Quantum07 »

I love a good soldier. Picked the fast learner ability, and then Espionage and Commando. Instant CIA Sniper.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Hound Master is the one I like best. More police departments are issuing Kevlar body armor to their K9 units and if your going to run a hound master you should raid police stations for equipment for you and your dogs. My character tracked down a tiger and managed to retrain him over the coarse of a few months.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Levi
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Location: Lost in a dream world with the occasional nightmare of what might be reality.

Unread post by Levi »

I am only allowing the Ordinary People/Survivor OCC as I started my campaign just before the wave hit. However, if I have started a good amount of time after the wave, I would still probably prefer it.
As a man's shadow follows his footsteps wherever he goes, so will destruction pursue those who commit evil deeds.
Augur
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Creator of the best PBP sites online: Explorers Unlimited & Savage Rifts

Unread post by Augur »

Survivor.

There's awesome variety to be found in that one O.C.C. alone.
ImageImageImage
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

I voted for Soldier.
I admit to having a "Pro-Military" bias, however, I feel that the sheer "butt-kicking" abilities of the Soldier is a survival "must have". It's not like 911 works anymore, so you've got to fight for youself, or be doomed. Besides, I just really like the Military mindset. IRL, my father taught as an instructor at Fort Dix, NJ. :D I have long since grown to love the "Human with training can win" additude that the Military espouses/provides. Ask any IRL Vet about something they have done in the Military, that they didn't think they could do before the training. The answers may suprise you. I have had the good fortune to work with a few retiered Vets. After hearing their "War-Stories" I found even more respect for all that they had done & endured for our sakes. I had no idea that our men, in WW II, had gone though the winter campaign in Europe without much more than the uniforms to stay warm! That the cold was as deadly as Nazi snipers! Scary BECAUSE it's true. This is why I love our IRL Armed Forces.

As they had beaten the Axis Powers, with weaker Tanks(1 German Tiger Tank was = to 5-7 Grants or Shermans!), and such...Why then I feel that my Soldier PC can kick Zombie tail and regain the Earth for Humanity!

PS. Please thank a Vet, today, for all that they have done for us. A "Thank you" costs nothing and means so much.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like the Reaper.

What are Archetype and Special apiltude?

Which of them is your favorite?
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

all the players in my game are survivors and there skills come from there background like my girlfriend is a scocal scientist and shes has some medical training so in my game if she can learn from a doctor or other medical expert to become better with training also when i read that certain psc skill wth frearms can get better with training in my game they start with the most basic gun skill (got to love video games, and i know what most of u guys r going to say that just because someone plays a game with guns doesnt mean they can shot) but with training they can get better.
Neo
Explorer
Comment: God I feel old.

Unread post by Neo »

Half Living, there is so much duality in that character.
What the Bloody Hell are you freaks all talking about
-- Rayven

The line I was referring to was the "If I step over this line I officially become so stupid that I no longer have a right to live" line
-- Shaded Helios

mmmm, time to make the chocolate chili. Yup! I prefected it
-- Sara The TG
G
Adventurer

Unread post by G »

I voted half living, as you generally wouldn't play half living beings in other games and it fits with the unique theme of Dead Reign. You could play a survivor or zombie hunter in many of the other PB Games.
The Leynet - The place for TW inventions & hosting RIFTS Fiction
Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering. - Yoda
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others - Animal Farm.
kaneman19
D-Bee

Unread post by kaneman19 »

solder all the way they are the only ones that could win it they have the know how to do anything. surviors would panic in high stress situations the solder would be cool and calm and get the job done
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

kaneman19 wrote:solder all the way they are the only ones that could win it they have the know how to do anything. surviors would panic in high stress situations the solder would be cool and calm and get the job done

Lol.

Man I've seen far to many FUNG's freaking out when in the bush to make that statement seem oddly humorous. When I was in the Army, we wouldn't bother to learn a FUNG's name until after his fourth or fifth outting.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I like the reaper OCC the best, largely because killing zombies is fun! :D
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Unread post by Ravenwing »

Personally I hate all the OCC's but Survivor. Because to my mind thats all you have, besides any of the Zed OCC's can be filled by it.

Scrounger? Look to a thief, or retail salesman(Think carsales man.)

Shepard of the Damned? Cop or possibly a paramedic.

Houndmaster? Vet or dog breeder/trainer.

Reaper? thug.

Soldiers are well soldiers, but that could have been included in the Survivor OCC.

Hence in games I play in, and have played in the only OCC allowed is the Survivor/Ordinary person. although I did play in a game once that included some Psychic OCC's and some magical ones, like the Arcanist from Nightbane.
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Ravenwing wrote:Personally I hate all the OCC's but Survivor. Because to my mind thats all you have, besides any of the Zed OCC's can be filled by it.

Reaper? thug.

Soldiers are well soldiers, but that could have been included in the Survivor OCC.

Hence in games I play in, and have played in the only OCC allowed is the Survivor/Ordinary person. although I did play in a game once that included some Psychic OCC's and some magical ones, like the Arcanist from Nightbane.

Well there wasn't an option for both Hitman/Assassin/Bounty Hunter AND reaper so I'm kind of in a bind here. :-?

I agree with you that the only OCC that is needed to play the game is survivor. It basically has all bases covered except for the soldier, which as you pointed out could have been an occupation in the survivor OCC.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Ravenwing wrote:Personally I hate all the OCC's but Survivor. Because to my mind thats all you have, besides any of the Zed OCC's can be filled by it.

Reaper? thug.

I am trooper Jim and I approve this message!
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

I voted for the survivor as it is the easiest for most players to relate to. :)
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I like the new Survivalist OOC from the third source book. :) (( Fourth book overall I guess))

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...

Return to “Dead Reign™”