how long can severed zombie limbs be reused by other zombies

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

how long can severed zombie limbs be reused by other zombies

Unread post by Axelmania »

Endless Dead 14's Spare Parts Thinker has me terrified...

Before I thought, all you have to do is just destroy the brain. But now... you really ought to destroy the entire body too...

Page 38 of the Core Book seems to disagree with this...

the correctl imbs must be placed on the correct zombie.
    Mismatched parts cannot reattach if they are from a different zombie.

This no longer appears to be the case as of Endless Dead... meaning the zombies are GETTING STRONGER. Thank you Clements!

If a zombie is dead anyway, there's no reason for an SP Thinker to NOT harvest those limbs...

But how long is that viable? At what point does a limb become too dead to be reused?

I can't imagine if I killed a zombie that if it had been rotting for several years a thinker can still do this.

Pg 23 of core book talks about zombies decomposing slowly. It takes them 1D4 years to drop dead from having 0 PPE.

What would be cool is a mechanic for zombies losing SDC and HP based on starvation, so we could represent lower stats in zombies.

Any detached limb is obviously not getting PPE sustenance, so once it reaches 0 it could be considered unretrievable.

I was thinking maybe -1 to SDC to main body per each month without any PPE...

Once main body SDC reaches 0 (at which point zombie suffers penalties on pg 36...) each additional month makes them lose 1 HP (both to brain and to main body, they are separate pools) and 1 SDC to all other locations. 0 SDC means the part falls off and is dead and can't be reattached. 0 HP means the zombie drops into a coma and can't heal unless they get PPE to end the starvation. I'd let them survive PE in hours as normal.

Does this seem too harsh?

Return to “Dead Reign™”