How long does it take for a reheaded zombie to wake up?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

How long does it take for a reheaded zombie to wake up?

Unread post by Axelmania »

Pg 37 right column, 3rd paragraph.
    if the head is reattached, the zombie immediately starts to recover SDC and Hit Points, and rises from the dead after one hour.

Pg 38 left column, bottom paragraph
    In the case of reattaching a severed head to a lifeless zombie body, the walking dead comes back to life 1D4+2 melee rounds (45 to 90 seconds) after the head is reattached

38 is certainly a lot scarier than 37. Am I missing some small detail on how these very different amounts of time may apply to subtly different situations?

I'm wondering if maybe authors intended "within one hour" rather than after, on 37?

I'm considering a compromise might be that a zombie comes back to life in the shorter time on 38, but based on 37 saying "rises", maybe it can't figure out how to stand up until 1 hour has passed, and it simply crawls on all fours until then?

Return to “Dead Reign™”