The Infiltrator (a replacement for the half-living)

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spiderkingtony
D-Bee

The Infiltrator (a replacement for the half-living)

Unread post by Spiderkingtony »

Hey guys so in my groups dead reign game we don't really like the whole you can be part zombie thing nor the they use ppe and what not, so since the half-living is banned from play I whipped this bad boy up. Enjoy and please give me any feedback :)

The Infiltrator
A replacement for the Half-Living

In the world of the post-apocalyptic storm of Dead Reign it’s a kill or be killed environment. Sometimes the survivors bite the bullet or more aptly gets bit by a zombie. In some cases however they don’t die they are just on the front porch of Death’s house ready to ring the doorbell. Luckily they survive either from other survivors saving their ass or just dumb luck. Due to this near death experience they become infatuated with the dead; how to avoid zombies, move among zombies undetected and most importantly how to kill the quietly. The Infiltrator studies the undead in all capacities to learn and truly understand them, the smell, sounds and capabilities are all studied in great detail.
O.C.C. SPECIAL ABILITIES OF THE INFILTRATOR:
1. Increased P.S.: Optional, The infiltrator suffered severe nerve damage from the near lethal attack. This damage has resulted in a loss of feeling. Losing one’s sense of touch may have some advantages: 1) pain is virtually ignored; the character can ignore any damage or attack that inflicts pain until they are at or below 5 hit points, 2) increased strength +50% to P.S. score; without feeling pain they can’t tell when their muscles have reached the normal limit and exert themselves far beyond what would be considered safe.
A loss of feeling results in some negative effects as well which may outweigh the positive effects: 1) No feeling means not knowing when you have taken damage, if you can’t see it you don’t know it happened. 2) If you can’t feel where it hurts you can’t tell the team medic where it hurts, this results in a -15% on any skill roll to treat the Infiltrators injuries.)
2. Can point out the exact type of zombie after observing it for 1D4 rounds
3. Study of the Dead: The Infiltrator knows the strengths and weaknesses of the walking dead, they know what will work and what won’t this grants the character a +2 on called shot: head, and a +1 to strike when they identify the specific type of zombie. These bonuses can stack.
4. Undead on the outside: The Infiltrator can spend 1 minute covering themselves or one other person in the gore and viscera of the dead (if one is available) once this is done the Undead will accept them as their own for unless taking a “human” action or getting in their way of their prey something washes away the gore like rain, sprinklers, etc. The disguise only lasts 3 minutes before they realize. Some of the Undead can see through the ploy. Thinker 01-40%, Mock zombie 01-55%, or Death priest 01-70%.
Also known as: Undead Assassin, and shadows
Occupation: usually Infiltrators were the less physical people in the world that went by undetected or the more dexterous individuals, the accountants, the desk jockeys, cheerleaders, or free runners. But it’s the near death and new obsession that made them Infiltrator(s).
O.C.C. BONUSES: 2D6+12 S.D.C., +5 to save vs horror factor, and +2 to strike from behind.
Common skills: all, basic
O.C.C. SKILLS OF THE INFILTRATOR:
Camouflage (+15%)
Concealment (+10%)
Detect Concealment
Pick locks (+10%)
Prowl (+15%)
Streetwise (+5%)
Tracking (zombies) (+10%)
Transportation one of choice
Detect ambush
First aid
General repair and maintenance
Radio basic
W.P. handguns
W.P. rifle
W.P ancient two of choice
ELECTIVE SKILLS: select six from the standard available. These skills reflect the occupation and the life of the character before the apocalypse.
SECONDARY SKILLS: pick 2 from the secondary skill list at levels 1, 3, 8, 12, and 15 no bonuses except from I.Q. if applicable.
STANDARD EQUIPMENT: street clothes, running shoes, pair of boots, pair of gloves, soft leather armor (AR:9 SDC:20) rain poncho, box cutter (1D4 S.D.C), survival knife (2D4 S.D.C.), first aid kit, small flashlight, book of matches, 1D4 disposable lighters, 2 rolls of duct tape (because I mean what kind of class would it be without it, right Andy :D), a set of eating utensils, binoculars, walkie-talkie, canteen, backpack, food rations (1 week), personal items.
Tools of the trade: 4 small containers with zombie guts for quick Concealment (each container hold(s) enough for 10 minutes of Concealment) (um make sure your durations match up you said 3 minutes in the class ability so either lower each container to 9 minutes or 3 uses or up the container to 12 minutes or 4 uses)
Vehicle: one of choice
Pay: none the post-apocalypse is barter and trade.
Trade goods: $1000 worth.
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The Infiltrator (a replacement for the half-living)

Unread post by CarCrasher »

You've put a lot of thought into this. I like it! My only feedback is good job.
Spiderkingtony
D-Bee

Re: The Infiltrator (a replacement for the half-living)

Unread post by Spiderkingtony »

CarCrasher wrote:You've put a lot of thought into this. I like it! My only feedback is good job.

Thank you :)

Return to “Dead Reign™”