Maximum Number of Skills

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

crazyfoxdemon
D-Bee

Maximum Number of Skills

Unread post by crazyfoxdemon »

Does anyone know what the theoretical maximum number of skills it'd be possible to gain in Dead Reign?
Michael Barakofsky
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Maximum Number of Skills

Unread post by Michael Barakofsky »

Well that depends on what the characters have access to. And if you are using rules options from other books. In Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition there is a blurb that covers characters learning skills by going to school like how we learn stuff in real life. That rule set is not exactly restricted to HU2 it could apply to any setting that uses education and skills (basically all of them). With minor modification it could be adjusted to cover using "do it yourself", "how to" and similar educational books to teach yourself skills. Given that, by my count there looks to be around 97 skills in the book that could be book or trial and error learned, technically if the character lived long enough or had a safe haven with a fully stocked library where they weren't having to fight to survive day by day they could potentially learn all of those skills, more if you take into account learning additional languages.
"If ya pardon me plain speaking gentlemen: Are yall STARK RAVING TOTALLY BLINKING DAFT!?!?!" - Captain Silver, Treasure Planet
John 3:16 says it all
CarCrasher
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Maximum Number of Skills

Unread post by CarCrasher »

The only maximum number of skills you can have is based upon the skills in the book. You can conceivably have all the skills in the book with the proper application of brain power. They would count as secondary skills though. But that's just me.

Return to “Dead Reign™”