for those looking at the "Shepherd of the Damned" class

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

for those looking at the "Shepherd of the Damned" class

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

here is a character that might make a good role model and inspiration.

http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Khan_(Character)
in both the Novel and the Videogame loosely based on the novel, Khan (as he is known, it is just a knickname, one of many) serves as a guide to the main character Artyom, taking him not only through some of the weirder parts of the post-apocalyptic world they live in and getting him safely to where his journey needs him to go, but also guides him in learning more about human nature, philosophy, and helping Artyom learn how different the world is from his isolated home. in the novel he is more of a mystical guide than physical, but his videogame incarnation manages to be both.

in either incarnation he makes a good example of a Shepherd of the Damned, guiding people from darkness to light, danger to safety. not just in terms of going from point A to point B, but in teaching them the skills and knowledge they need. it also helps that his visual appearance i nthe novels is very much in keeping with the weathered, practical look you'd expect of such a character.

you can see an example of of his video game version in this playthrough of the levels he appears in the most (i've set the time code to skip the prelude to his appearance, which is Artyom (the player) sneaking/fighting his way through a bandit held station trying to find the guy who led him there)
https://youtu.be/JvZgwNPS8VI?t=940

just remember;
"even in the dark times, we cannot relinquish the things that make us human" - Khan, Metro2033 (the game)

any other characters from film, literature,or games that would make a good rolemodel/inspiration for a Shepherd of the damned?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Dead Reign™”