New Book? Hell Followed?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Starslayer
D-Bee

New Book? Hell Followed?

Unread post by Starslayer »

I saw mention of a new Dead Reign book awhile back but nothing since. Is this still being released? Any info?
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Re: New Book? Hell Followed?

Unread post by whassupman03 »

Hello...

Starslayer wrote:I saw mention of a new Dead Reign book awhile back but nothing since. Is this still being released? Any info?

Welcome to the forums Starslayer! :-) To answer your question, according to the Palladium Books Weekly Update from April 10th, 2015 (Such is the latest mention of it that I can find...), it was slated for release during the first half of 2015. Of course as you may realize, it's running a bit late. But as a fan of Dead Reign, I am looking forward to it once it is released to the general public. I don't know exactly what will be in the book, but I do know that according to the Weekly Update mentioned earlier it will be "a large, juicy sourcebook."[sup]1[/sup] As a result, this leads me to believe that theoretically it will be somewhere around the size of Dead Reign Sourcebook 3: Endless Dead; maybe a little smaller, but larger than the other sourcebooks indeed. Even so, it has been said that the double issue of The Rifter that's coming up will have Dead Reign material inside, so if that's true that could hold you over at least until the next sourcebook comes out.[sup]2[/sup] Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 :mrgreen:

Sources:

[1]: http://palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=778:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-april-10-2015&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183
[2]: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=802:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-september-3-2015&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183
I don't normally kill zombies, but when I do, I use the...

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Starslayer
D-Bee

I found this (from author?):

IM DONE WITH MY NEW DEAD REIGN BOOK

well alright!
the first draft of my new book for Palladium Books Inc. is finished!
It’s for the Dead Reign series: Palladium’s zombie apocalypse RPG.
The book’s tentatively titled “Hell Followed” and that’s exactly what you’re going to see in it!
New O.C.C.s like the Drone Master, Naturalist, and One-Percenter
New zombies like the Toxic, Kidnapper, and Armored Brute
Secret government enclaves!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!
Oh **** I wrote it and already I can’t wait!

================

No release date? Im hoping October for Halloween.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Just so long as these new OCCS have unique bonuses to appeal to multi-class fetishists I'm game.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Starslayer wrote:I found this (from author?):

well alright!
The book’s tentatively titled “Hell Followed” and that’s exactly what you’re going to see in it!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

I'm definitely looking forward to this new sourcebook for sure. :-) Personally, I'm also hoping that it will be set up for an October/Halloween release as well - after all, it would be a good fit, and I turn 30 around that time as well, so it would be a great birthday gift for me! Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Unread post by Tags »

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

Don't really care about the new OCCs, always play a hybrid hound master... Interested in new zombies though. I must say though the toxic and armored sound like Zombicide zombies.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

I have to say that this has piqued my interest very much
The Dragon Has Spoken
dargo83
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by dargo83 »

Tags wrote:

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

Don't really care about the new OCCs, always play a hybrid hound master... Interested in new zombies though. I must say though the toxic and armored sound like Zombicide zombies.

what kind of hybird or are u talking about the dogs
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

dargo83 wrote:
Tags wrote:

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

I mix my hound master with the soldier, sort of an MP... All I've played since beginning Dead Reign.
I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

H. P. Lovecraft
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

Tags wrote:
dargo83 wrote:
Tags wrote:

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

I mix my hound master with the soldier, sort of an MP... All I've played since beginning Dead Reign.

How exactly do you roll this character? It sounds like an interesting idea.
Starslayer
D-Bee

Please. Don't hijack the thread. Thanks.
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Snake Eyes wrote:I have to say that this has piqued my interest very much

To keep on topic: Yes, that has piqued my interest as well. Could a "Drone Master" be the kind of survivor who uses remote-controlled vehicles and drones to aid in the survival of innocents and the rebuilding of civilization? I am very interested indeed. Drones could be useful for a variety of things - reconnaissance, delivery of messages or materials (Like care packages...), and even killing zombies by remote control, whether by arming a drone with a conventional weapon or by building a sort of "kamikaze" drone like an RC car equipped with explosives. Hmm... I would definitely look forward to this if my perception of the thing is true. Of course if it is not, you never know - GMs and players alike can toy with the Dead Reign game system to produce their own version of the kind of O.C.C. I listed above. :-) Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

whassupman03 wrote:Hello...

Snake Eyes wrote:I have to say that this has piqued my interest very much

To keep on topic: Yes, that has piqued my interest as well. Could a "Drone Master" be the kind of survivor who uses remote-controlled vehicles and drones to aid in the survival of innocents and the rebuilding of civilization? I am very interested indeed. Drones could be useful for a variety of things - reconnaissance, delivery of messages or materials (Like care packages...), and even killing zombies by remote control, whether by arming a drone with a conventional weapon or by building a sort of "kamikaze" drone like an RC car equipped with explosives. Hmm... I would definitely look forward to this if my perception of the thing is true. Of course if it is not, you never know - GMs and players alike can toy with the Dead Reign game system to produce their own version of the kind of O.C.C. I listed above. :-) Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

Wondering if it may be referring to some kind of zombie control. Though military drones could be interesting for survival and zombie hunting.

H. P. Lovecraft
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Tags wrote:Wondering if it may be referring to some kind of zombie control. Though military drones could be interesting for survival and zombie hunting.

Kinky! :twisted: Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

Tags wrote:Wondering if it may be referring to some kind of zombie control. Though military drones could be interesting for survival and zombie hunting.

Kinky! :twisted: Please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

If yer info that. Zombicide certainly has some sexualized zombies.

H. P. Lovecraft
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

I foresee two scenarios, the former being possible and the latter beings much more plausible: Either he is a "good guy" version of the Zombie Master from Dead Reign Sourcebook 1: Civilization Gone or he uses actual unmanned drones to do his bidding. That is my take on it.

Tags wrote:If yer info that. Zombicide certainly has some sexualized zombies.

To quote a former colleague of mine one more time:

That's Hedley!

Hedley "Heddy" Lamar

whassupman03 :lol:

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

I foresee two scenarios, the former being possible and the latter beings much more plausible: Either he is a "good guy" version of the Zombie Master from Dead Reign Sourcebook 1: Civilization Gone or he uses actual unmanned drones to do his bidding. That is my take on it.

That's Hedley!

Hedley "Heddy" Lamar

Certainly possible... All we can do is wait and see, though if these are unmanned drones I can see them being of much use for more then shooting zombies or observation, just you have a Jhonny 5 or, God forbid, that god awfully Chappie.

H. P. Lovecraft
Flameborn
D-Bee
Comment: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Unread post by Flameborn »

Im more interested in the new o.c.c.s . If they're anything like the beta played in during the open house then they should be awesome
MORE SPIKES FOR THE SPIKE GOD
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Tags wrote:Certainly possible... All we can do is wait and see, though if these are unmanned drones I can see them being of much use for more then shooting zombies or observation, just you have a Jhonny 5 or, God forbid, that god awfully Chappie.

While discussing drones: There may also be an alternative way to set up robotic drone combat operations - which would take a hint from all those robot combat arenas around the world. You know, those leagues where people build robots to fight other robots in the ring? Sure, most of the robots used in these competitions are limited to bladed weapons and perhaps flamethrowers, but one with a keen interest in combat robots could build a souped-up version which uses a lot of different weaponry. Heck - sending those into combat would probably make Death Cultists do a double-take, especially when you have an armored chainsaw-wielding, flamethrower-armed robot firing machine guns while chasing after them. :eek: But anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Tags wrote:

That's Hedley!

Hedley "Heddy" Lamar

Certainly possible... All we can do is wait and see, though if these are unmanned drones I can see them being of much use for more then shooting zombies or observation, just you have a Jhonny 5 or, God forbid, that god awfully Chappie.

Were you referring to Chappie the movie or the one drone named Chappie?
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:
Tags wrote:

That's Hedley!

Hedley "Heddy" Lamar

That craptastic movie Chappie...

H. P. Lovecraft
SittingBull
Hero
Comment: "Its not the destination that matters, its the journey along the way."

Unread post by SittingBull »

Tags wrote:
SittingBull wrote:
Tags wrote:

That's Hedley!

Hedley "Heddy" Lamar

That craptastic movie Chappie...

To each their own. Everyone I know personally that has seen the movie liked it.
"Understanding is a three-edged sword."
Kosh from Babylon 5
"You don't understand, so you find excuses."
Doctor Who
"Peace has made you weak. Victory has defeated you."
Bane
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

SittingBull wrote:To each their own. Everyone I know personally that has seen the movie liked it.

Don't want to derail the thread suffice to say making the bad guys into the good guys and the Damn AI... *shudders*

H. P. Lovecraft
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

Getting back on topic (But taking a detour to do so... :D), there may be no release date on Dead Reign Sourcebook 6: Hell Followed, but until there is, the next release of The Rifter will probably be available in October, and there may be some pertinent material in there, so stay tuned! Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good weekend.

whassupman03 8)

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tags »

well alright!
Natural Disasters!
Horde Combat rules!

================

Getting back on topic (But taking a detour to do so... :D), there may be no release date on Dead Reign Sourcebook 6: Hell Followed, but until there is, the next release of The Rifter will probably be available in October, and there may be some pertinent material in there, so stay tuned! Anyway, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good weekend.

whassupman03 8)

Some one better get moving and more up too date issues on Drive thru, I ran out room so can t collect physical copies of the Rifter anymore.

H. P. Lovecraft
Starslayer
D-Bee

Wow...still nothing on this?
whassupman03
Dungeon Crawler

Hello...

Starslayer wrote:Wow...still nothing on this?

Not much really; but luckily for us they did start adding lightweight descriptions of Dead Reign Sourcebook 6: Hell Followed on the Weekly Updates. The description posted thus far doesn't really depart from the blog post you provided us, though the posted information on Palladium's website is vague so it can mean anything.[sup]1[/sup] :roll: But anyway, it's definitely a good sign, since they usually start to get moving once the item is posted and described on the Weekly Updates. The more substantial the description, the closer it gets to release; as I tend to notice from them. Even so, please take care; thanks a bunch, and have a good night.

whassupman03 8)

Source: http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=828:palladium-booksr-weekly-update-january-22-2016&catid=52:weekly-updates&Itemid=183

BOOMSTICK!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.

Return to “Dead Reign™”